Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice is back

Five year timeskip was expected but I didn't think we would begin to learn what the Leaguers had been up to so soon. Seeing Miss Martian and Superboy broken up was weird after just seeing them so close together just last week. And her with Lagoon Boy was even weirder. Anyway, Wonder Girl, Robin (Tim), and Blue Beetle all seem like they will e interesting cast members, and I love how the alien paranoia is being played.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

The use of G. Gordon Godfrey is potentially another hint as to who is ultimately behind what's going on.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Reminds me of Ben 10 with the whole "Media Alien Witchhunt" thing going on now. A pompous newscaster who thinks that because the heroes are aliens, it means they are out to get them, while trying to scare the general public into thinking he is right.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Tim is pretty awesome as the new Robin. It was good to know that most of the team did not upgrade to justice league yet.

As for Superboy and Miss Martian, I wonder what happened as I was very surprised. Although it will be easier to pull off Superboy and Wondergirl now. I think MM was the one who broke up since SB was glaring a hole into the couple lol. Nightwing and Zatanna don't look like they are going out but then again that could easily change.

Kid Flash and Artemis I'm worried about since they weren't even mentioned.

We will probably have a few flashbacks soon enough. I think Superman was the one who gave Superboy the gloves, at least it would be awesome if he did. All in all a great start to the new season.

How exactly will they write Artemis in this series is what I'm wondering. They seem to be developing their own continuity with her so I'm interested in seeing where they are going to take her character. My money is on them making her the new Huntress.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Reminds me of Ben 10 with the whole "Media Alien Witchhunt" thing going on now. A pompous newscaster who thinks that because the heroes are aliens, it means they are out to get them, while trying to scare the general public into thinking he is right.
    The DCU did it as a major plot point 30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    Kid Flash and Artemis I'm worried about since they weren't even mentioned.
    I'm still not sure where this worry is stemming from. Again, we're one episode in after a five-year time skip. What fun would it be if all of our former principal cast were immediately front and center, with no mystery as to their goings-on during the jump?

Furthermore, with a five-year jump, the talk of how former team members have since joined the League and the fact that Wally's destiny isn't to stay Kid Flash forever, I can easily think of at least one thing that could have changed with Wally in the interim...

-----
    Words to|live by

I meant in recent memory. I watched most of Ben 10 and that's what I think of when I see what is going on now.

My guess is that Wally is the new Flash, and we can probably take a guess as to what happened to the old one.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Yeah, considering Zatanna and Rocket are apart of the League, wouldn't be out of the question for Wally to have become the League's Flash during the timeskip. What I'm wondering is if Jason and his death is in continuity. With the way Dick spoke to Tim, it seems like it.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

I watched most of Ben 10 and that's what I think of when I see what is going on now.
    Just saying. If they're using G. Gordon Godfrey in the role he served in the comics, it ties into something much larger based on a storyline from the mid-80s.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    What I'm wondering is if Jason and his death is in continuity. With the way Dick spoke to Tim, it seems like it.
    I hadn't even thought of that, but that could be a good catch, given the "don't take any unnecessary risks" speech. Five years would have been long enough for Jason's tenure as Robin to transpire. And expire.

-----
    Words to|live by

Well...there was a lot of Kevin Michael Richardson going around in this episode. lol Atleast that's what it felt like to my ears,

Jason being dead seems to be the idea that has been going around.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Jason being dead seems to be the idea that has been going around.
    Is YJ in the same continuity as Red Hood?
    Jackpot!

I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

Wow what an episode, I'll give a run-down of what I think about the new stuff, I'm 50-50 on the big time-gap:

Spoiler:- Lagoon Boy:

Spoiler:- The Missing Team Members:

Overall I liked the first episode of the new season, but there are so many questions that are unanswered and should be cropping up in later episodes. I'm struggling to find out what the plot is for this season, whether it circulates over what Adam Strange found or whether the Light will make a return. Looking forward to next week's episode but then again, I might just try to watch the future episodes in Portuguese again
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    Is YJ in the same continuity as Red Hood?
    Not officially, no. None of any of the recent DCU animated productions share continuity. The two aren't strictly incompatible, though.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    Looking at the cover art with Aqualad, and thinking about the comics, I think he has turned rogue and gone to work with his father, Black Manta.
    I'm curious as to why "the comics" make you think this, given that this exact version of Aqualad doesn't exist in the comics.

Regardless, this Aqualad "going rogue" would fly completely in the face of the entire theme of the first season, that being that you are not your parents or your genes, you are your own person.

I know some people think it's fun to speculate, but is it at all possible that there's just a touch of overreaction taking place based on very little material?

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I'm curious as to why "the comics" make you think this, given that this exact version of Aqualad doesn't exist in the comics.

Regardless, this Aqualad "going rogue" would fly completely in the face of the entire theme of the first season, that being that you are not your parents or your genes, you are your own person.

I know some people think it's fun to speculate, but is it at all possible that there's just a touch of overreaction taking place based on very little material?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqualad_(Jackson_Hyde)

Ok, I was wrong about him being the son of Black Manta, but his criminal parentage is still there. The costume and the way in this series that he is the son of a henchman called Calvin Durham who worked for Black Manta just screams to me that he will return as an enemy. Also just watched the episode again and think I can account for the missing members of the team:

-At the end of the episode when the League and Young Justice come to see Tim Lagoon and Beetle, The Flash is standing in the background with Batman and Aquaman. The way he stands and considering this is a five year gap and he has done it in the comics, I think Kid Flash may be standing in as Flash for Barry for some reason. Could make sense since Dick did change his hero name.
    -Artemis could have become Tigress and gotten together with Icicle Jr. It's a big change but there were plenty of big changes in this episode so I can see Artemis also becoming a villain and changing her name.
    -Since Green Arrow and Black Canary were present at the end of the episode, I'm going to assume that Red Arrow had gone to travel on his own in search of Speedy. What happened I have no idea.

Things I can see happening in this season:
    -Ra's al Ghul bringing Jason Todd back to life and him becoming the Red Hood
    -Match trying to infiltrate the Young Justice team and several fights between him and Superboy
    -Superboy and Wonder Girl together, while Miss Martian stays with Lagoon Boy. Then Superboy and Miss Martian start missing each other
    -Love triangle between Nightwing Batgirl and Zatanna
    -The whole 16 hours thing being revealed to have been an attack on an alien planet by the big six. Then this would spark war and the Light would have been supplying them with the necessary things to win the war.

Just general ideas I had, nothing serious.

EDIT:
    http://www.youngjusticelegacy.com/

"One will rise"=Kid Flash becoming Flash
    "One will fall"=Aqualad becoming a bad guy
    "One will die"=Artemis is dead?

I think I might sign in to this website as it looks pretty interesting... Sounds like confirmation for the three original missing members...Poor Artemis
    Last edited by I-am-the-peel; 29th April 2012 at 2:50 PM.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

I really hope the "16 hours" plot gets a good explanation. It's been five years; they seriously didn't work out that out? Superman and Martian Manhunter are from space, and Hal and John travel intergalactically regularly; not to mention their base is in space. I can get not knowing the exact place they spent that time (planet or galaxy or such), but not knowing they were in space? Aside from that, the premiere was great and the new team was as good as I hoped they'd be.

Everything will probably be explained in future episodes. I'm going to chuckle if Artemis and Wally were just away on a mission or something and are in the next episode as if nothing happened but for some reason I don't think that's the case. I did miss them yesterday though. Did anyone else get that Men in Black vibe when the alien was exposed in the human disguise? I was half expecting some agents to sweep in and erase Batgirl and Wondergirl's memories of the event XD
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Everything will probably be explained in future episodes. I'm going to chuckle if Artemis and Wally were just away on a mission or something and are in the next episode as if nothing happened but for some reason I don't think that's the case. I did miss them yesterday though. Did anyone else get that Men in Black vibe when the alien was exposed in the human disguise? I was half expecting some agents to sweep in and erase Batgirl and Wondergirl's memories of the event XD
    Looking at my last post and the 'Young Justice Legacy' website, I think it is safe to assume that Kid Flash has become the newest Flash and Artemis is dead. I don't really understand why those aliens were chosen for the invasion, I was so pumped for it to be revealed that Darkseid would be the invader of Earth and the six heroes stole a motherbox from him for the Light. After seeing the first episode, I don't really like Wonder Girl at all nor do I like Lagoon Boy or this version of Beast Boy, but Batgirl is alright. Definetly think that KF is now Flash, Aqualad is a badguy and Artemis is dead. I think the Young Justice Legacy website will bridge the two seasons together and reveal what happened to the light and the original young justice team before season 2.

Well....

Spoiler:- spoilers:

My money is on them making her the new Huntress.
    Funny, I was thinking about that yesterday as well.

I think it is safe to assume that Kid Flash has become the newest Flash
    I have my doubts. Warner/DC is trying so hard to promote Barry Allen as "The" Flash and get into that "transmidia" thing by having all the appearences of the characters in other medias to match in some form, I think it's likely that either: a) there are now two Flashes or b) Wally got a new secret identity or c) He is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post
    Well....

I have my doubts. Warner/DC is trying so hard to promote Barry Allen as "The" Flash and get into that "transmidia" thing by having all the appearences of the characters in other medias to match in some form, I think it's likely that either: a) there are now two Flashes or b) Wally got a new secret identity or c) He is retired.
    You have a point there, what with Warner Bros. trying to release a Flash film in 2014, they will be trying to promote the character. Then again for Young Justice, there may be two Flashes or there will be a future story concerning the two flashes.

And to those who are asking questions about the big five year gap-
    1. The questions on the missing three and Red Arrow should be explained in later episodes
    2. The Young Justice Legacy Game will probably bridge the two seasons together and give reasons as to why the events happened did, and what else happened. The slogan about the 'One will rise, One will fall and One will die' thing gives me confidence that we should answer some questions in that game at least.

What was the point of introducing Rocket to the team if she was only going to be on television for about two episodes? Zatanna also didn't get that much development with her time on the team and now both of them are members of the Justice League which might mean that they won't be getting nearly as much attention as they would have if they were still on the younger team. Hopefully, they'll have a bigger role than previous League members have had.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Looking at my last post and the 'Young Justice Legacy' website, I think it is safe to assume that Kid Flash has become the newest Flash and Artemis is dead. I don't really understand why those aliens were chosen for the invasion, I was so pumped for it to be revealed that Darkseid would be the invader of Earth and the six heroes stole a motherbox from him for the Light. .
    Whoa slow down there. The Invasion is a bit bigger then you realize
        Spoiler:- There's more:

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    Whoa slow down there. The Invasion is a bit bigger then you realize
        Spoiler:- There's more:
    That just screams possible Darkseid, Brainiac and Sinestro appearences for me. So multiple alien races then, God those were some well spent sixteen hours if the big six angered that many alien races. 'Earth has had the spotlight shone on it' though is what stands out the most to me. I'm wondering what that means and whether Earth will have done something big that will have affected the entire universe, or it is just the big six declaring war on other planets and using Earth as a base.

Onto the missing three characters, Aqualad, Kid Flash and Artemis
    "One will Rise" must mean Kid Flash because Aquaman didn't look like he changed that must in the new season and the way Flash stood at the end of the episode just looked too different to me.
    "One will Fall" must mean that someone becomes a villain. That can apply to both Aqualad and Artemis, but since Artemis had the chance to in the first season until she helped Jade decide to leave their father, and looking to the cover art, I think it is safe to assume that this means Aqualad.
    "One will die" by elimation must mean Artemis. That may have been what influenced Kid Flash to leave the team and become a Flash/The Flash. Curious though as to finding out how it happened, either the game or a flashback episode will clarify things.

It's amazing how you've jumped to conclusions based on absolutely nothing, conclusions that you've then labeled "safe to assume."

You have to at least have some idea of what I'm saying here, don't you?

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It's amazing how you've jumped to conclusions based on absolutely nothing, conclusions that you've then labeled "safe to assume."

You have to at least have some idea of what I'm saying here, don't you?
    That this is a thread on the topic of Young Justice and we are safe to speculate as to what is to come in the future? Yes I expect that in this thread.

Making conclusions on things that are indeed safe to assume is part of speculating, and I believe these ideas are pretty reasonable, if you don't then oh well but I was speculating with Skiks who replied to me and I did the same back.

On-Topic: Since Tim has been established as Robin and Dick is Nightwing and the dialogue the two had before Tim went out on his mission with Gamma Squad, looks like Jason is dead. And since Ra's was an important character in the last season, I think we might see him resurrecting Jason or having a plot with him that will be shown in later episodes. God the amount of possible storylines with the new happenings in this season is unbelievable.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast