Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice is back

None of what you've said is at all "safe to assume". You attempting to label your speculation as such is the only use of the term to be found. All of what you're saying amounts basically to "well, this character isn't here, so it's safe to assume that they're dead/evil. We'll find this all out in a meaningless video game in a year or so, I'm sure."

That's applicable to nearly everything you've "speculated".

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    None of what you've said is at all "safe to assume". You attempting to label your speculation as such is the only use of the term to be found. All of what you're saying amounts basically to "well, this character isn't here, so it's safe to assume that they're dead/evil. We'll find this all out in a meaningless video game in a year or so, I'm sure."

That's applicable to nearly everything you've "speculated".
    Wow you are being more of an asshole than usual if that was even possible.

I'm looking forward to an appearance by Darkseid. Haven't seen him animated since the JL: Unlimited series.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    And now that you've gotten that sterling observation out of the way, am I wrong? Are you as well really going to look at the tiny amount of information we have after one episode and leap to the same baseless conclusions, that everyone not present either died or turned?

-----
    Words to|live by

And now that you've gotten that sterling observation out of the way, am I wrong? Are you as well really going to look at the tiny amount of information we have after one episode and leap to the same baseless conclusions, that everyone not present either died or turned?
    There is nothing wrong with coming to conclusions based on one episode/event. Its called speculation for a reason. What is wrong about saying Aqualad has turned evil or Artemis has died or vice versa since they were not in the 1st episode?

So yes based on tiny or incomplete information, we can come to conclusions. Whether or not they are right is another thing to worry about as more information comes along or the truth is revealed.

Most of the users here will not wait 5 weeks just to say that ________ was evil/dead all along when it is revealed.

There is nothing wrong with coming to conclusions based on one episode/event. Its called speculation for a reason. What is wrong about saying Aqualad has turned evil or Artemis has died or vice versa since they were not in the 1st episode?

So yes based on tiny or incomplete information, we can come to conclusions. Whether or not they are right is another thing to worry about as more information comes along or the truth is revealed..
    And that is what it is and that's all that it is, but when you take these conclusions based on very little and start slapping the "safe to assume" label upon them - again, based on very little or even no evidence - that's where the problems arise.

-----
    Words to|live by

I'm looking forward to an appearance by Darkseid. Haven't seen him animated since the JL: Unlimited series.
    Actually, he was in Batman: The Brave and the Bold and Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.

And that is what it is and that's all that it is, but when you take these conclusions based on very little and start slapping the "safe to assume" label upon them - again, based on very little or even no evidence - that's where the problems arise.
    What problems are you talking about? The worst that can happen is that the assumptions were wrong.

Actually, he was in Batman: The Brave and the Bold and Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.
    I didn't watch Batman: The Brave and the Bold nor Apocalypse but I still look forward to him making an appearance in Young Justice. I still have to watch Apocalypse actually.

I'm looking forward to see what happen next in Young Justice but I must admit the time-skip was a little be jarring I mean I didn't even see it coming save for a few teasers. I wonder how that gonna explain what has all happened. I trust that the writers know what they're doing but it will take some time to grow accustomed to the time-skip.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

Okay I just watched the first episode on Youtube, and I'm balancing the illegality of it out because I ordered part of season one on DVD. Yay!

Spoiler:- Feelings:

The New 52 version of Blue Beetle does speak in spanglish. Also Megan's like 40 before the time skip technically speaking.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

About the game just my speculation:

"One will Rise" - Probably refering to a new character's debut (Wonder Girl or even Beast Boy). Or maybe, this just means Dick quit being Robin and took the Nightwing mantle.
    "One will Fall" - I think it's Wally. In the comics, before he became Flash, he had a plot going on that his powers were killing him and he couldn't use them much. I think this may be touched as a way to have him out the group. Or it could be about one member just quitting the team.
    "One will die" - Artemis or even Tempest as he's confirmed for the game AND he died in the comics. And to be honest, since we didn't get the death in the end of season one it was so comented, I'm doubtful it'll be anyone important. I even doubt whether it'll be a member of the team or another character that may affect them in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    On-Topic: Since Tim has been established as Robin and Dick is Nightwing and the dialogue the two had before Tim went out on his mission with Gamma Squad, looks like Jason is dead. And since Ra's was an important character in the last season, I think we might see him resurrecting Jason or having a plot with him that will be shown in later episodes. God the amount of possible storylines with the new happenings in this season is unbelievable.
    I don't think Jason was used in this universe at all.

Remember that in the DCAU, Tim was the second Robin after Dick quit. I think the same happened here and the "just don't die" remark was Dick fearing he cold die like one of his former teammates, whoever he/she is or even IF someone from his team had died.

Something interesting I just found:
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/video_games/news/?a=58838

That Young Justice Legacy game is adding some new superheroes and villains to their line up, one of them is Tempest. Now I'm not going to anger some of you and say 'Oh this must mean ____' but I've just giving me opinion. If this is any bit of a hint towards season two, looks like Tempest really is filling in Aqualad's role partly, since Dick is the new leader. Guess this really does mean Aqualad is a bad guy imo, and that the Light will likely return with these characters like Riddler and Psimon recently being added and no further changes. Perhaps this will be the set up where the team from season 1 stays the same then there is a plot over the whole 'One will rise, one will fall and one will die' thing, which gives some good explanations hopefully.

EDIT: Oh damn, Spide Phoenix already said this, man. Still I think it was worth talking about and at least it is looking more evident that the young justice legacy game will mainly bridge the two seasons together.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

it is looking more evident that the young justice legacy game will mainly bridge the two seasons together.
    Well, Weisman has confirmed the game will be in the official continuity....And the World's Finest site confirmed it's going to tell a story set between seasons 1 and 2:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/ne...llnews&id=1257

I love how they're making the game canon. A) it means they can spend season 2 storytelling, and B) it's using different ways to increase it's mind-boggingly huge continuity. So far, we've got the cartoon, the comics, Ask Greg (kind of), and now this game. Jesus, Weisman.

Spoiler:- Also:

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeX View Post
        Spoiler:- Also:
        Spoiler:- Comenting the spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post
        Spoiler:- Comenting the spoiler:
        Spoiler:- The Fate of Kid Flash:
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

Spoiler:- However...:

I'm glad to see Blue Beetle and beast boy.

Spoiler:- The Fate of Kid Flash:
        Spoiler:- What?:

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeX View Post
        Spoiler:- However...:
    It could be like the Crisis on Infinite Earths and Infinite Crisis where Barry Allen died but his spirit lived on in the Speed Force whilst Wally West steps us as the Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post
        Spoiler:- What?:
    He could have been, but I think that since he and Aqulad are the only ones who have relatives/long-time friends that are in the league, either Kid Flash stepped up to be Flash or Aqualad stepped up to be Aquaman but since he is dressing a lot like Black Manta, I'd say it was Wally West who rose to be the Flash.

Free comic book day today. Grab a copy of your favorite comics today if your local store offers it. Can't wait for today's episode. Mission on Rann might reveal more than we expect on what happened as 16 hours is a long time to invade just one planet.
    Last edited by Crimsonlink; 5th May 2012 at 3:36 PM.

I really enjoyed this morning's new episode. It shed some light on Superboy and Miss Martian's break up and I really enjoyed Beast Boy today. He's different from Teen Titan's version but still has that some of that ole Beast Boy charm. I never realized Gorilla's were his favorite animal to change into. I guess that's true in any format. Really curious on those sixteen hours though. What happened?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

So, the last heroes and two of the last villains were revealed for Young Justice: Legacy. http://www.youngjusticelegacy.com/. According to some places, the last villain will be created exclusively for the game. Okay, I have my doubts about that decision, and I also have my doubts about the whole game in general, but at least the writing will be good.
    GAMES ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    1st Prize in Caption Contest 7/15/11
    Won a Cool Vuvuzela in Pokémon Assembler!

Currently, I have an obsession with the Litwick line's tendency for sucking souls out.
    Fan Fics Stuff!
    i love pokémon is not only on Serebii, it's now on FanFiction.net!
    Author's Profile

Adam Strange was far more awesome then I have ever seen him be and I loved the brother/sister relationship between Miss Martian and Beast Boy. Surprise to learn that Superboy broke up with Miss Martian, though it'll be interesting to see what the implications will be about her going too far with her powers. Anyway, gonna be nice to finally learn what the Six did.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by FireTypeLover View Post
    So, the last heroes and two of the last villains were revealed for Young Justice: Legacy. http://www.youngjusticelegacy.com/. According to some places, the last villain will be created exclusively for the game. Okay, I have my doubts about that decision, and I also have my doubts about the whole game in general, but at least the writing will be good.
    Batgirl... Tempest... But no Wonder Girl. Gee, if it wasn't enough CN not putting her profile in the official site's recent update and after all the problems with WW's rights that prevent her from appearing in season 1, now this....

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast