Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice is back

lol i love how everyone was blaming the break up of MM and SB on Superboy xD

saw this weeks episode and wow...
        Spoiler:- episode stuff:
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by mario_fan View Post
    saw this weeks episode and wow...
        Spoiler:- episode stuff:
    Hey, all that happened was she got killed by Queen Bee in her car. Young Justice has a lot of stuff much more gruesome than that. And, if anything, Young Justice is much darker than some of the earlier DC cartoons.
    GAMES ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    1st Prize in Caption Contest 7/15/11
    Won a Cool Vuvuzela in Pokémon Assembler!

Currently, I have an obsession with the Litwick line's tendency for sucking souls out.
    Fan Fics Stuff!
    i love pokémon is not only on Serebii, it's now on FanFiction.net!
    Author's Profile

So this week's episode:
        Spoiler:- Alienated:

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

Spoiler:- Comenting this week's episode:

My fave thing from the latest new episode would probably be Wonder Girl fangirling Wonder Woman. It's the little things I enjoy most XD good episode, especially seeing Batman, Nightwing, Robin, and Batgirl all in the same episode on the same mission. Aqualad's stuff surprised me but I guess we'll learn more about it as the season rolls on. My reaction was the same as Lagoon Boy's. "NEPTUNE'S BEARD!"
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Aqualad was a surprise, but I love how much of a boss he was. And the way he handled Superboy, kickass. Shame we didn't get more then a word about Tula.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Miss martian is stronger then john...scary
    Aqualad going to the dark side...did **** just get real?
    I did enjoy the side kicks fight along side their heros, especially superboy, they've come a long way

I doubt that Aqualad will stay alongside his father. In the comics, Jackson sides with him only until it is revealed what Black Manta did to his foster father, and then Jackson goes on a rage to stop him alongside Aquaman. So personally it sounds like Black Manta killed both Ocean Master and Tula, and is trying to use his son into doing his dirty work while he gets the glory and recognition for it by the Light. I don't think Tula is the one who will die for some strange reason, sure she's dead but I think one of the more main team members like Artemis is the one who died.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

I don't think Ocean Master is dead. The Light said he disgraced himself, so that sounds like he was still alive. And I can't believe I forgot Wonder Girl's awesome fangirl moment. It's nice they kept that part of her personality.

Young Justice is one of the few comic series made into a animated series in which I had not read the comic before the show, so Aqualad's dark side surprised me. He always seemed like the most mature of the Young Justice crew in the series, so seeing such a character fall caught me off guard. I'm also really interested in how far Miss Martian's power trip will go. Should provide a very good story.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Young Justice is one of the few comic series made into a animated series in which I had not read the comic before the show.
    The show takes relatively little from its comic source material. The name, some characters - and in some of the cases, not even the same iterations of those characters - and a few conventions (the cave headquarters in Happy Harbor, the Super-Cycle, Red Tornado as a "den mother"). That's about it. If you were to take away the name, read some of the original comics and then watch the show, you might not even immediately recognize that the latter is adapted from the former.

This is not a criticism of either medium, just an observation.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The show takes relatively little from its comic source material. The name, some characters - and in some of the cases, not even the same iterations of those characters - and a few conventions (the cave headquarters in Happy Harbor, the Super-Cycle, Red Tornado as a "den mother"). That's about it. If you were to take away the name, read some of the original comics and then watch the show, you might not even immediately recognize that the latter is adapted from the former.

This is not a criticism of either medium, just an observation.
    I didn't even know all that. Other then the characters themselves like Kid Flash, Robin, Wonder Girl, ect Young Justice is totally new to me, so I wasn't sure if some of these plots were canon in the comic or not. I just got into the animated series a few weeks ago so I'm a very late fan catching up with all the previous 26 season 1 episodes and currently on season 2. Everything Young Justice is new to Platinum fan, so I wasn't even aware how different this is from the comic as you said.

Other then the characters themselves like Kid Flash, Robin
    Different iterations of those characters, at that.

so I wasn't sure if some of these plots were canon in the comic or not.
    If you were to put it into numbers, the show is around 70% new plots and 30% adaptation from the comics. They've adapted a comic story here and there, but by and large the show has been original plots.

Everything Young Justice is new to Platinum fan, so I wasn't even aware how different this is from the comic as you said.
    Tonally, there's a considerable difference. The comic was very lighthearted for most of its run.

-----
    Words to|live by

Different iterations of those characters, at that.

If you were to put it into numbers, the show is around 70% new plots and 30% adaptation from the comics. They've adapted a comic story here and there, but by and large the show has been original plots.

Tonally, there's a considerable difference. The comic was very lighthearted for most of its run.
    Right, so if I ever sound ignorant or don't know what I'm talking about on this Young Justice thread it's because I am. I can only go on knowledge from the show. I'm still learning the Young Justice ropes and all.

After watching last week's episode, I have a distinctive feeling that Black Manta is going to betray his son, like in the comics. Wouldn't be suprised if he killed _____ in the past which caused Kaldur to turn to the darkside...
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

DC hasn't been particularly diligent in reprinting Young Justice in trade paperback format, and I'm not even sure if some of what they did reprint is still in print. If you're curious, you might try tracking some of that down.

-----
    Words to|live by

DC hasn't been particularly diligent in reprinting Young Justice in trade paperback format, and I'm not even sure if some of what they did reprint is still in print. If you're curious, you might try tracking some of that down.
    I will try that. Wouldn't be the first time I tracked old comics.

this new series is different to what i was expecting but it's still very interesting.I'm hoping that superboy soon gets the ability to fly (maybe he finds a legion of S. flight ring) but if not so be it.

I actually prefer Superboy to finally start developing his tactile telekinesis, which would allow him to mimic Superman's powers without actually having them.

I wouldn't use "original plot" but, yes, they handle some elements differently from the comics.

I remember reading the comics!YJ's tone was what inspired the one used in the Teen Titans cartoon. Actually, I remember reading the original plan was making the TT cartoon with YJ characters, but the idea was dropped and the show became what we know today.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    I actually prefer Superboy to finally start developing his tactile telekinesis, which would allow him to mimic Superman's powers without actually having them.
    I remember reading that Greg Weisman stated YJ's Superboy doesn't have tactile telekinesis and his powers came from his kriptonian side. So, that aspect of him was dropped, unfortunately.

Enjoyed the interaction between Blue Beetle and Superboy, along with the fact that Artemis and wally were still together. Also nice to see Lian existing once again.

Poor Red arrow, he had a five o clock shadow and everything..

Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    Poor Red arrow, he had a five o clock shadow and everything..
    I wonder if they will, or even can, go the first direction that came to mind when they showed a gaunt, dissheveled Roy Harper stealing money because he "needs" it.

-----
    Words to|live by

They probably could imply it, but not outright state it. Does sort of seem the way they're going.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast