Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Global Link to shut down. Features deactivated in a stagger

Default Global Link to shut down. Features deactivated in a stagger

The Global Link has updated with an notice regarding the Pokémon Global Link. First, the Global Link will open up for a special X & Y version on October 12th 2013, after a 12 day long maintenance from the start of October. However, from January 14th 2014, various Pokémon Black, White, Black 2 & White 2 features will go offline.
    Game Sync will go offline on December 10th 2013.
    The trial version of the Dream World will go offline on October 12th 2013, as will new user registration.
    The GTS tracking for Gen V ends on January 14th 2014 and Rating Mode on Random Matchup goes offline on January 14th 2014.
    The ability to do WiFi Memory Link in Black 2 & White 2 also goes offline on January 14th 2014.
    C-Gear, Musical and Pokédex Skin changing deactivates on January 14th.
    Waking up your Pokémon to get items and Pokémon also deactivates on January 14th. You will be able to wake your Pokémon up from the game side at any time, but the ability to do so from the Global Link deactivates on January 14th
    However, using the GTS in the games, Free Rating in the Random Matchup and all the other in-game online features will continue.

Inevitable shitstorm in 3.... 2.... 1.....

God Damn it!! I've got 15 Arceus sitting in various DW accounts waiting to be picked up and RNG'd, I'm going to have to get busy!!
    Plus I still haven't found a female Sableye yet!!
    Aargh so much to do, so little time, why do they have to shut it down, surely the amount of people using it make it viable to just keep it going
    2013 Global Showdown - 418 (1705pts)
    2013 I C June - 261 (1705pts - 18th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2013 UK VGC Birmingham - 127 (10 Championship Points)
    2013 Spring Friendly May - 360 (1655pts)
    2013 I C April - 1195 (1585pts - 86th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 I C March - 1122 (1613pts - 69th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 Winter Friendly - 567 (1602pts)
    2013 I C January - DQ'd (1704pts) - Damn RQer's
    2012 VGCS Winter Battle - 240 (1626pts - 39th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2012 Autumn Friendly - DNF (1510pts) - Only managed 6 matches
    2012 I C (Black) - 1879 (1594pts)
    2012 I C (White) - 3334 (1529pts)
    2011 Autumn Friendly - 2760 (1510pts)

I'm quite surprised that they went as far as removing all GL compatability from the 5th gen games, that's kind of sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Announcement
    Players who have enjoyed the current Pokémon Global Link over the past few years will be able to carry over certain achievements and records to the new Pokémon Global Link for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, if they register for the new Pokémon Global Link using their existing user name.
    So what if someone else takes my username? Am I screwed?
    I hate how people covet events and treat them as if they have value, so I make all my events free to everyone. Don't be a jerk and treat them as if they have value by adding them to your thread. Random female DW Pokémon - please use these for breeding purposes only.

Guess it's time for me to get every single female DW Poke as possible. There's only about 200 something Pokemon to get in there. I have a female Sableye by the way, but this isn't the thread to talk about. And it's a shame we'll never get those DW starters and legends, unless they do a Wifi gift per week (week one, Bulbasaur, week two Squirtle, etc.) until the launch of XY.

How do you have 15 Arceus?

Name: Leaflo
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Teams:

Team White in Rotation:

Looking for Vivillionof the world. Legendaries too!
    I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfect ivs, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are and treat them like individuals instead of drones. So I herd u leik teh mudkipz
    I have a group of Mudkips and Shinx looking for a good home. Pm me with offers. May just give them away for a Patrat

Quote Originally Posted by a cat View Post
    How do you have 15 Arceus?
    he must have different Pokemon games under one account, therefore 15 Arceus'.

Does all of this mean the Global Link is going to shut down forever? We can't use it anymore?
    Pokemon Black Name: Teito
    Pokemon Black FC: 3869 6814 1896

E-Mail Address: firechick25@gmail.com (in case these forums keep getting messed up)
    Pokemon White 2 Name: Serena
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 5072 2733 1563

Pokemon Black 2 Name: Lyra
    Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4771 6442 6877

Pokemon X Name: Rochelle
    FC: 3754-7778-5065
    Friend Safari: Ice
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Bergmite, Snover, Cloyster

I have a UT Male Shiny Foongus for trade if anyone wants it! It's in my White 2 game!

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    he must have different Pokemon games under one account, therefore 15 Arceus'.
    I set up 17 different Global Link accounts during the Arceus event so that I could get an Arceus of every type, 2 of the accounts are my main games (Black & White) and I have already RNG'd the Arceus from them. The other 15 are all currently Demo only, I have a spare White cart which I use as a play through cart for Wifi events, I will get to the point in game where I can download my Global Link ID register it on one of the Demo accounts, bring Arceus to the game, RNG it then reset and start again with the next account. It'll be a long process, just hope I can do it in time!!
    2013 Global Showdown - 418 (1705pts)
    2013 I C June - 261 (1705pts - 18th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2013 UK VGC Birmingham - 127 (10 Championship Points)
    2013 Spring Friendly May - 360 (1655pts)
    2013 I C April - 1195 (1585pts - 86th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 I C March - 1122 (1613pts - 69th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 Winter Friendly - 567 (1602pts)
    2013 I C January - DQ'd (1704pts) - Damn RQer's
    2012 VGCS Winter Battle - 240 (1626pts - 39th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2012 Autumn Friendly - DNF (1510pts) - Only managed 6 matches
    2012 I C (Black) - 1879 (1594pts)
    2012 I C (White) - 3334 (1529pts)
    2011 Autumn Friendly - 2760 (1510pts)

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu View Post
    So what if someone else takes my username? Am I screwed?
    I'd like to think usernames taken for the Generation V Global Link won't be available for the Generation VI Global Link. Maybe if you want to take a Generation V username, you'll need the password.

What I'm wondering is if we'll ever get Lansat, Starf, and Enigma berries as a Wi-Fi tournament participation prize. The completionist in me wants every type in my Bag. I'd also like to see the Hero's Catalogue available internationally. I guess we've still got two months left for that sort of stuff. And I wonder what those "certain achievements and records" that'll carry over could be.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Boi View Post
    Inevitable shitstorm in 3.... 2.... 1.....
    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    God Damn it!!
    Gotta admit, I LOL'd.
    That aside, I never really used the PGL. I tried it, but I found it pointless. I hope X and Y find a way to actually make it good, or just remove it completely.
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    Gotta admit, I LOL'd.
    That aside, I never really used the PGL. I tried it, but I found it pointless. I hope X and Y find a way to actually make it good, or just remove it completely.
    I'm with you there. I'd would be fine with removing that whole gimmick
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by 400Billion View Post
    What I'm wondering is if we'll ever get Lansat, Starf, and Enigma berries as a Wi-Fi tournament participation prize. The completionist in me wants every type in my Bag. I'd also like to see the Hero's Catalogue available internationally. I guess we've still got two months left for that sort of stuff.
    There's no point in releasing the Hero's Catalogue now that the Global Link is going down soon, there's nothing we can do with that outside of the DW. The berries, on the other hand, I expect to be released sometime soon, since there's no way to get them in the actual games, and they'd need to give us time to plant them.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Enigma is available via that one Darkrai event, which is a Wi-Fi event (I'm very sure it's Wi-Fi, otherwise I won't have one).
    Lansat and Starf are available via Battle Subway after reaching a ridiculous amount of streak.

But yeah, I still want to see them available in DW, especially since the requirement for Lansat and Starf are so ridiculous we might as well call it impossible.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I only got like 3 pokemom from the Dream World. That 1 hour rule suck.

looks like i'm gonna have to get hustling on collecting all my berries from the DW...probably take about a week to get them all...gotta make sure i have one female of everything you can have a female for...
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

wow, that seriously sucks. i just got the ability to do this crap, too...
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

What a shame, I feel sorry for all those late newbies that start DW in, like, September, since they wont be on for long :S
    Gonna start grabbing as many DWFs as I can

Eto eto ano eto ano e Toeto

I doubt Lansat/Starf/Enigma will make their way to the Dream World now that the closure has been announced, nor do I think they'll be anymore GL-promotional Pokémon (we haven't had them in ages anyway). Luckily I got the Enigma Darkrai Wi-fi event. I still have to try Truant Durant strats on the subway to see if I get the streak going (use Entrainment to give the opponent Trant, then use the fact the AI is too stupid to switch out to set up). I have a decent Durant bred, just need to EV train....
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

Friend Safari: Psychic

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

Quote Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
    Does all of this mean the Global Link is going to shut down forever? We can't use it anymore?
    Maybe, I hope we can still use it.
    I love every Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonmaster99325 View Post
    Maybe, I hope we can still use it.
    They'll probably end up making a similar program for the Gen. 6 games.

Send me a VM if you want to chat or have a casual battle!
    3DS FC: 2277-6720-4241
    Pokemon White FC: 1937-1211-2762
    VM me yours!

It's sad that Dream World is leaving. At least we'll still have access to the GTS.

Hi. I am only just beginning playing White I and Black II and I do NOT know what the Global Link is.... in fact, I haven't really played much of either game yet as I am working to remove all of the Pokemon that came on each game because some of them are GOOD (they were used copies) all while playing Pearl (which I just finished) and Diamond LOL.

OK so basically I guess that means I HAVE Black 2 & White but am not playing them yet. So I am worried - should I be worried here? LOL is ther something I need to rush to do bfore its too late?

Could you explain to me what players will no longer be able to do once this thing is shut down? I forgot the name of it, sorry. Global Link, maybe? I suppose it has something to do with the C-Gear.... Tanx!

Quote Originally Posted by YaelleG View Post
    Hi. I am only just beginning playing White I and Black II and I do NOT know what the Global Link is.... in fact, I haven't really played much of either game yet as I am working to remove all of the Pokemon that came on each game because some of them are GOOD (they were used copies) all while playing Pearl (which I just finished) and Diamond LOL.

OK so basically I guess that means I HAVE Black 2 & White but am not playing them yet. So I am worried - should I be worried here? LOL is ther something I need to rush to do bfore its too late?

Could you explain to me what players will no longer be able to do once this thing is shut down? I forgot the name of it, sorry. Global Link, maybe? I suppose it has something to do with the C-Gear.... Tanx!
    The Global Link is a Pokemon website that connects with the 5th gen games. The most notable feature there is the Pokemon Dream World, which allows you to catch Pokemon not available in the main game as well as Pokemon with unique abilities. We're all rushing to find the last of those Pokemon before it shuts down.

The Pokemon can be traded for, but you're going to miss out on the ability to get some medals in BW2 once the DW shuts down (and one of them you're too late for anyway, so it doesn't even matter).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast