Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy ways to lvl 100?

Hybrid View

Default Easy ways to lvl 100?

I'm just trying to find good ways to get pokes to level 100 at a decent speed. I heard that it was easier and faster in BW than in any other gen, and I'm wondering why that is. Do you just kill a bunch of Audinos? Or is there something I don't know about?
    Bisharp is my loyal knight. Fear him.

There's a new formula for calculating EXP gained from a battle. There's a few changes from the old one that increase the EXP calculated:

the formula for calculating was previously had a division of 7, now it's 5 (the smaller the number you divide by, the bigger your result is)

the base exp yields of pokémon is higher, before the highest exp yeild was the Chansey family and Arceus at 255, now Blissey base exp is now 608. (the lowest used to be 20 for magikarp, now the lowest is the unova starters at 28)

Pass powers from the entralink can boost a how much exp pokemon get temporarily (no idea how the specifics of this works as I don't use the entralink)

a +1 in the equation that is multiplied by pass powers/lucky egg/trade boosts (can only add a maximum of 5 exp to the pokemon, it's mainly here to make sure pokes get at least 1 exp from a battle, but it's an increase nonetheless)

But this biggest change is the fact that the game takes into account the level difference between the pokemon, ie a level 10 pokemon defeating a level 50 gets more exp than a level 40 pokemon defeating it. This extra factor in the equation varies between ~0.004 for a level 100 poke beating a level 1, and ~5 when a level 1 pokemon beats a level 100

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Experience
    Last edited by 1quacka1; 4th March 2012 at 2:12 AM.

Lucky Egg. Obviously.

Audinos at the Great Chasm give most EXP since they have the highest levels in the game.
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

Get the lucky egg. Fight audinos. Or even better fight audinos with the lucky egg?
    Or i've heard put it in the day care and then go to the battle subway. Just run around that for a long time and then it should be level 100. But who said its moves would be great....

I wish they let u rechallenge trainers, it would make it so much easier but the only real way to do so is I guess rechallenging the elite 4 and ur rivals
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

In addition to what Comet said above me, you can keep battling the sports teams in Nimbasa City over and over. Their Pokémon aren't as high level as the Elite Four's, but they're still pretty decent experience.

The only issue with the Trainers you can re-battle in B/W is that you have to wait a VERY long time after you've defeated them for another opportunity to fight. Especially your rivals. I think you can fight in each sports arena twice a day, but you should double check that.

The Elite Four are a little less frustrating, as you only have to sit through the credits every time (or reset, I guess). But even so, it's difficult to train Pokémon that don't have a type advantage against them. You might be better off with the sports teams if you're at a disadvantage. Their typing is more varied.

And, obviously, Exp. Share and Lucky Egg are a big help.

You could also try raising Pokémon that were traded to you if you want another experience boost, unless it's already way too late for that.
    Last edited by RustyOwl; 4th March 2012 at 3:02 AM.
    Currently Seeking:

Offering: every starter, every fossil, and almost any other non-legend!

White Friend Code: 1850 1014 8529

Black 2 Friend Code: 3912 7232 7803

They do, kind of.

Cheren, Bianca (only on weekends), Cynthia (only spring), the stadiums. And that guy at Castelia. Also Royal Unova.
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

I'm going to mention I ran thru the e4 with a level 1 Eevee holding an exp share using a lv.100 and he was level 50 by the end. second round through hes now a level 70 jolteon. its pretty easy to raise pokes in b/w :P
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

Along with holding the Lucky Egg, facing the Elite 4 every day, and the Sports Domes, rivals on the weekends, Cynthia in spring.; You can also once a day face the Gamefreak.

The Gamefreak is in Castelia City, down Castelia Street, Gamefreak Building, go up the elevator. He is the Guy all the way down the room in the middle, (where the 3 people are facing each other) he's the one on the right.

*Tip for Elite 4 Level up - once the Pokemon is level 80 or higher, you can use it (with enough items) for battling on its own with lucky egg instead of switching.
    Last edited by G50; 4th March 2012 at 7:50 AM.

Very helpful, thank you

Without the Lucky Egg, it will take forever to train!
    But as everyone else have said: The domes and the E4, Cynthia, Morimoto and the Riches.

Umm.....what about that Pass Power that gives you 4x EXP?

Well mostly I do this:
    -Give Exp. Share to pokemon I want raised
    -Battle E4 until the pokemon is at lvl 57-60(only takes a 2 or 3 challenges I think)
    -Give it Lucky Egg and go to the Nimbasa Stadiums until it gets to lvl 78-80(it can fight on its own at that level with a few items)
    Note: Nimbasa Stadiums can only be challenge once a day, if you want to challenge them again, move your ds clock to 23:59(11:59 pm) and wait until it gets to 00:01(12:01 am),then you can challenge the stadiums again
    -E4 until it gets to lvl 100

Usually takes me 1 day to get one to 100. Depends if it's hard to train though(eg: Raticate, Dustox, walls etc.)
    ------------------------------
    I like shorts, they're comfy and easy to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie
    Talk to Cheren at Route 5 an then battle him right outside the league in the cave entrance to the right. You can battle him once a day.

There's a house where you can fight two rotation battles if you play Pokemon Black or two triple battles if you play Pokemon White once per day.

I Friday nights you can battle a biker on Tubeline Bridge.

In Undella you can battle the Riches once a day. First one, then the next day two, and so on until the sixth member appears. In order to keep getting to battle them once a day, make sure to lose to the sixth member. Don't worry about losing money, you get at least 12,000 for each battle and each battle increases the amount.

You can battle Cynthia once a day at her home in Undella during Spring.

If you have Pokemon Black, Black City might have trainers for you to battle.

Both stadiums have a bunch of trainers you can battle daily at Nimbasa as well a a little battle once a day at the ferris wheel.

In Castelia at the GAMEFREAK building on the 22nd floor, fight Morimoto once a day.

The Royal Unova can be battled once a day.

You can also battle Bianca on Saturday and Sunday at the lab after beating the League a second time.
    These are the dailies I do to level up. I also equip a lucky egg to all pokemon I'm leveling and if possible get the boost from being a traded pokemon. Also, I save before entering either of the stadiums. This way, I can keep trying to battle trainers I want to battle. I always make sure to battle the doctor once a day so I get a max revive from beating him plus a LOT of exp from his audino which is great for any level to fight since it, as far as I've seen, doesn't deal damage. But if you want to keep restarting for certain trainers, just know that once you save after entering either stadium, the other stadium you haven't, you can't keep reseting to get certain trainers in there as well.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Umm.....what about that Pass Power that gives you 4x EXP?
    The.... What?

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    The.... What?
    This http://serebii.net/blackwhite/highlink.shtml
    My bad it's only 2x....
    I like shorts, they're comfy and easy to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    The.... What?
    PassPower is a C-Gear Passby feature that (when you've obtained at least a certain amount of Pass Orbs) will give you a limited time experience boost in battle.

The Nimbasa Gym and your rival, Cheren.

For example, I was trainin a Nidoking from SS. To train him, i chraged into a bunch of
    Battles, always switching Nido for Braviary (poor braviary :'( )
    when nido got to lv 45i brought him to the athletes and trained there for he equivalent of about 4 hrs. By that time he was level 95

I find it too easy to get lv 100s- I hav a lv 100 PELIPPER on black
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    X IGN: Sqeen
    OR IGN: Terra

i give it the exp. share till it's high enough to farm the elite four with a lucky egg.

I find that constant clock abuse(until your pokemon is level 100) for purposes of ensuring that the ds thinks it's a sunday evening, so that you can go into the royal unova for a rare candy(should you succeed in beating seven trainers), can get your pokemon to lv. 100 faster without other peoples' help, since without the element of help, lower-level pokemon now hurt your exp. points gain significantly... If they didn't, the E4/GFM/Cynthia would've been logical for levelling to 100... Since the top level for opponent pokemon controlled by cpu is 75-77(via E4), it will take significantly longer to get there unless your pokemon was traded to get a further exp. point boost on top of lucky egg, in which case, it won't be as a hassle as one w/o outside real-life help...

edit: oh, and what I meant by " for purposes of ensuring that the ds thinks it's a sunday evening" doesn't mean set clock to sunday evening immediately, as the game will know your actions and prevent it from working unless you let the day roll over by means of setting clock to 23:59 the day before and getting into the game and saving before the day(and date) rolls over to Sunday, then waiting until the time shows as one minute past midnight(or 0:01), as the events won't refresh until 0:01 on the new day. After the event refresh, then you can set clock again and reboot game, but this time, to the evening, no date change required...

Don't forget to talk to the lady, spend a thousand, beatr the trainers in ship, obtain the rare candy, and save after you reboot, and certainly don't forget to set the clock before each and every time you get in the game, and the ship, should you want easy levels by rare candies...
    Last edited by gregjammer; 8th March 2012 at 2:52 AM.
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352

Quote Originally Posted by gregjammer View Post
    I find that constant clock abuse(until your pokemon is level 100) for purposes of ensuring that the ds thinks it's a sunday evening, so that you can go into the royal unova for a rare candy(should you succeed in beating seven trainers), can get your pokemon to lv. 100 faster without other peoples' help, since without the element of help, lower-level pokemon now hurt your exp. points gain significantly... If they didn't, the E4/GFM/Cynthia would've been logical for levelling to 100... Since the top level for opponent pokemon controlled by cpu is 75-77(via E4), it will take significantly longer to get there unless your pokemon was traded to get a further exp. point boost on top of lucky egg, in which case, it won't be as a hassle as one w/o outside real-life help...
    I actually never knew about this ship. Darn, I'm going to check it out right away ^^,
    Have respect and you will be respected.
    My timezone: GMT +2

Black: 2538 2785 0015
    White 2: 3311 2468 0743

Novus Rex Pokemon Perfectum Shop

Dream World will also raise your pokemon 1 level if you gain enough points during your daily session
    PM or VM me for more trade info

Well i level up my pokemon too lv.100 in two or three hours by using the lucky egg or exp. share...while battle E4,nimbasa trainers,Cynthia(in spring) and sometimes rare candies...if play straight done in a good two to 3 hours

The easiest way I've found is to repeatedly and continuously smash through the elite four.

If you have some Level 100 Pokes just do the old in and out technique where you start wild battles with Pokemon as high as level 55 and imediately switch the trainee poke out with the level 100 poke the trainee Poke will get ALL the exp. Points. You can also just give the trainee poke an exp. Share.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast