Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Competitive Stuff Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    Shedinja - yes it has a niche in ubers, but really, 1 HP? At least make it so Wonder Guard prevents it from being affected hazards, and weather.
    I agree that it should't be affected by weather but 1 HP is reasonable.

Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

Quote Originally Posted by Cometk View Post
    good player ex. epic_eevee
    scraping the bottom of the barrel are we?
    ~signature~

i like how beluga neither infracted me nor deleted my post

Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    i like how beluga neither infracted me nor deleted my post
    Eh, he kinda got back at you anyways.

Also, I've been inspired by POTW #62, so I'd like to mention Shuckle. Not only are its defensive sets flat-out crippled by low HP and lack of any offense or speed, but even its Power Trick gimmick is terribly, terribly outclassed. At least it can take a hit in NU...sorta. Maybe if it got Slack Off...and Aromatherapy...and a new evo that has HP worth spitting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalacking View Post
    Contrary shuckle... Uh hello? Not to mention, shuckle has amazing defence and special defence yet pretty lacklustre hp and not to mention a shallow move pool...
    Contrary is great on Shuckle. Switch in on Crunch or Shadow Ball and get your defenses boosted by it? That rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Cofagrigus+Slaking=Deadly
    Except you effectively invest two Pokemon for a result of a Slaking that can attack every turn.. not that impressive when its best STAB is Return and Terrakion is on nearly every team.

Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    this site
    At least we're not Pokemon Online Forums. We don't have Kokoloko. + points for us.

Also we aren't Marriland! (though at its peak Marriland was really cool)

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Eh, he kinda got back at you anyways.

Also, I've been inspired by POTW #62, so I'd like to mention Shuckle. Not only are its defensive sets flat-out crippled by low HP and lack of any offense or speed, but even its Power Trick gimmick is terribly, terribly outclassed. At least it can take a hit in NU...sorta. Maybe if it got Slack Off...and Aromatherapy...and a new evo that has HP worth spitting at.
    PLusle and Minun and 4thGenGaySquirrel. Worst crap in town.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Terrakion? I barely see it plus Slaking and Cofagrigus are usable in RU. Seriously though, if it's Slaking's moveslot syndrome you're worried about, Baton Pass to a Regigigas with Substitute. Might not be as good at first but it is in the long run (and it's also legal in RU).

I love using Regigigas with Smeargle in higher tiers, it's fun to use, and there's the joy you get when you mop the floor of your foe with it.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Terrakion? I barely see it
    Which end of the ladder are you playing on?
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Meganium's already been mentioned, so;

Pidgeot.

Why.

Raticate and Golbat have a competitive reason to exist now. Why not Pidgeot?

Now Fearow has finally been redeemed via Drill Run and Sniper (Thank you Game Freak! I can actually use Fearow in the closest to all seriousness he'll ever get!), Pidgeot's the only old Normal/Flying who still needs a reason d'etre. Then GF goes and squanders his Dream World ability. It's absurd.

Also, Delcatty. I want to use that thing, I really do, but it's got the support move pool of champions and not enough bulk to fully make use of it.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

Max defense Shuckle will get 614 attack after power trick. Jolly Terrakion will get 714 attack after a sword dance.

Power trick shuckle is still powerful, but people tend to exaggerate it's power. Also, it's terrible defenses after a power trick will make it darn frail, and it's terrible speed will make it darn easy to revenge kill, if the pokemon it tries to set up on it doesn't KO it first. Trick room? Then you'll getting terrible defenses right before your enemy attacks, and you'll only have so long to sweep, which is especially a pain if your enemy uses clever switching or protect.
    Raticate and Golbat have a competitive reason to exist now. Why not Pidgeot?
    Raticate looks meh in NU, especially since Swellow is there.

I'd also count Raticate as a sucky pokemon, even if smogon didn't give it a joke analysis.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    If I get agitated or embarrassed, I have a tendency to say stupid things as a cover up. Think nothing of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I'd also count Raticate as a sucky pokemon, even if smogon didn't give it a joke analysis.
    No way, Raticate rocks.

Guts Raticate Facade vs 0/0 Arceus - 61.7% - 72.7%
    LO Groudon EQ vs 0/0 Arceus - 58.3% - 68.8%
    LO Lucario Close Combat vs 0/0 Arceus - 55.4% - 65.6%
    Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge - 61.7% - 72.7%

Worse than Swellow sure, but it hits VERY hard.

I refuse to take Dragonite seriously as either an offensive or defensive threat. I don't know why it has become so widely used. That said, I've had a Mamoswine on my main team ever since I started playing this gen, so that probably has something to do with altering my perception. Stealth Rock + Ice Shard = gg.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    I refuse to take Dragonite seriously as either an offensive or defensive threat. I don't know why it has become so widely used. That said, I've had a Mamoswine on my main team ever since I started playing this gen, so that probably has something to do with altering my perception. Stealth Rock + Ice Shard = gg.
    It's actually pretty good. A good player would be able to strike your Mamoswine out before they send it out. That's what I always do with my sweepers, I just save them for whenever anything that can stop them is gone.

Well, I've never actually lost to one, but I carry a defensive Gyarados with Dragon Tail and a scarf Terrakion.
    If I get agitated or embarrassed, I have a tendency to say stupid things as a cover up. Think nothing of it.

Unfezant is pretty bad off. Not only is it pretty lackluster in comparison to other birds, it doesn't even get Brave Bird or Drill Peck for a Flying STAB. It's a real shame too, because it's Atk and speed aren't half bad.

YouTube.

And if we're taking about in-game stuff only, I've never seen much point in Cell Battery and Absorb Bulb. If it at least activated on Pokemon who have immunity for Electric / Water... but no.

Binding Band and Ring Target are even worse. Absolutely, utterly useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Casty View Post
    YouTube.

And if we're taking about in-game stuff only, I've never seen much point in Cell Battery and Absorb Bulb. If it at least activated on Pokemon who have immunity for Electric / Water... but no.

Binding Band and Ring Target are even worse. Absolutely, utterly useless.
    Ring Target could be used with Trick (gimmicky as hell, but that, I'm guessing, was the intention)

But what does the Discipline Band or whatever do?

My Friend Safari is Light type.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhal15 View Post
    Ring Target could be used with Trick (gimmicky as hell, but that, I'm guessing, was the intention)

But what does the Discipline Band or whatever do?
    Ring Target is too gimmicky to be competitively viable.

Binding Band makes moves like wrap and bind last longer, both of which aren't really good competitively.

It's actually pretty good. A good player would be able to strike your Mamoswine out before they send it out. That's what I always do with my sweepers, I just save them for whenever anything that can stop them is gone.
    I try to keep my Mamoswine alive until their Dragonite is gone, and they try to keep their Dragonite alive until my Mamoswine is gone; winner wins. Isn't that basically the whole competitive meta in a nutshell, mate?

Binding Band makes moves like wrap and bind last longer, both of which aren't really good competitively.
    If only Binding Band existed back in Gen 1...

I try to keep my Mamoswine alive until their Dragonite is gone, and they try to keep their Dragonite alive until my Mamoswine is gone; winner wins. Isn't that basically the whole competitive meta in a nutshell, mate?
    Well, yeah, I suppose.

Dragonite is still pretty dangerous, you're probably just prepared. Though just about all good players are prepared for Dragonite, with it's popularity.

Unknown is bad (WOW! Didn't knew that!) But honestly, all Pokes can be used with success, (btw all of them outclass each other, so who cares)you just need to build good team around the poke. (Who cares about your dumb opinion? Not me!)
    Edit: Finally! New banner! The Poison one was starting to piss me.
    Kawaii >3<
    >_<
    ^^
    -___-^
    (01:41:52) *** Your rank in Standard OU is 62/47119 [1391 points / 1016 battles]! Smogon server

(22:46:55) *** Your rank in Standard NU is 40/3980 [1206 points / 152 battles]!

I have seen a couple of somewhat useful sets utilizing those items, mainly on Unburden Pokemon. One was Hitmonlee in RU. IIRC, the only common special Electric attack that has a shot at OHKOing Hitmonlee is Specs Galvantula's Thunder, so Lee can switch in and shoot to +1Atk/+2Spe instantly with Cell Battery/Unburden and attempt a sweep (which isn't too hard on a Pokemon with base 120 Atk, a +1 Atk boost, doubled speed, and a 130 power STAB move). Sceptile can also perform a similar function with the Absorb Bulb, which is actually more realistic since Sceptile resists Water. Of course, the downside to this is that you really only have one shot to pull it off, so it's best for late-game sweeps, and it is heavily reliant on the opponent's decision and proper prediction.

I'll agree that it should be activated even with immunities. Pokemon like Electivire would really appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by ashsinnoh View Post
    Unknown is bad (WOW! Didn't knew that!) But honestly, all Pokes can be used with success, (btw all of them outclass each other, so who cares)you just need to build good team around the poke. (Who cares about your dumb opinion? Not me!)
    Unown can be used with success if it has a well built baton pass chain and a good player behind it.

Being possible to use with some success is actually different from actually being good.

Unown can be used with success if it has a well built baton pass chain and a good player behind it.
    Nearly anything can sweep under full BP chain, so that point isn't really valid I'm afraid :/

Nearly anything can sweep under full BP chain, so that point isn't really valid I'm afraid :/
    That was my point.

Read my second sentence, it ties into that.

Ah, I see. Well, if you put it that way...

How about moves like Quash or Bestow? I didn't even know those moves existed until recently lolololo

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast