Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Competitive Stuff Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Casty View Post
    Ah, I see. Well, if you put it that way...

How about moves like Quash or Bestow? I didn't even know those moves existed until recently lolololo
    Quash can work in double battles if you're using a fast pokemon, and it's teammate is faster then one pokemon and slower then the other...probably a competitive failure anyway.

Bestow is...well, there is almost no such thing as a competitive pokemon without an item, so it sucks.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Phione. It's got worse stats than most competitively-used Pokemon, no movepool to speak of, but Nintendo still insists on banning it from the Battle Frontier, Battle Subway, and wifi battles. Why?

If you're gonna ban it, at least make it worth banning! Give it some overpowered Dream World ability, or something!

I don't know, when ever I play OU on Pokemon Online, I rarely see Terakion. Plus, it's not a problem since I use a rain team.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I don't know, when ever I play OU on Pokemon Online, I rarely see Terakion. Plus, it's not a problem since I use a rain team.
    Terrakion can still be a problem to rain teams. Sure, they'd KO it easily, but it's an offensive threat anyway.

I see Terrakion all the time. I guess it's just that we're at different parts of the ladder.

Light Metal; Scizor, Bronzong, and Metagross all have much better abilities to begin with. Not to mention none of them were actually weak to Low Kick or Grass Knot to begin with...

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    Light Metal; Scizor, Bronzong, and Metagross all have much better abilities to begin with. Not to mention none of them were actually weak to Low Kick or Grass Knot to begin with...
    On that note, Heavy Metal Aggron is pretty terrible. You get a boost to Heavy Slam against some Pokemon in exchange for a guarantee that you will die to Low Kick.

Honestly, the only thing that can be considered terrible, in any instance, is Bestow. There is no common Pokemon that does not use an item, although Sticky Barb+Bestow is a gimmicky option in-game.
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35776

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

Not even a good option in game, seeing as the moves toxic and will-o-wisp, and then the user can hold some useful item like leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    You get a boost to Heavy Slam against some Pokemon in exchange for a guarantee that you will die to Low Kick.
    To be fair I think you take 120 base from Low Kick regardless of ability.

.. not that a Heavy Slam boost compares to recoiless Head Smash..

Unless you use Autotomize, but I digress. I'll agree that Heavy Metal is far inferior to Rock Head on Aggron, and to Levitate on Bronzong for that matter.

EDIT: Also, I thought I remembered Low Kick/Grass Knot getting up to 150 power, but apparently not, lol. Must've been thinking about Gyro Ball or something.

Speaking of Gyro Ball, what about Electro Ball? That's an interesting move in concept, but in reality, doesn't really work, since there are so many random scarfed pokemon, and just ones that are plain faster.

• Flareon
    - I don't think it was planned out very well. It has a relatively sad movepool in my opinion and its stats are oddly placed. I think it's Attack
    and Defense should be switched because I only ever see it used as support if anything.
    • Weavile
    - It was overrated and I feel it was in OU for too long.

Shedinja - yes it has a niche in ubers, but really, 1 HP? At least make it so Wonder Guard prevents it from being affected hazards, and weather.
    Or they could make an item that acts like magic guard and negates all inderect damage.

Sunflora is horrible its move pool is lame and its stats are bad even in the sun its just slow.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    • Flareon
    - I don't think it was planned out very well. It has a relatively sad movepool in my opinion and its stats are oddly placed. I think it's Attack
    and Defense should be switched because I only ever see it used as support if anything.
    • Weavile
    - It was overrated and I feel it was in OU for too long.
    The reason you see Flareon being used in defensive roles is because it doesn't have the offensive movepool to really run a offensive set.

As for Weavile, it wasn't actually horrible in OU. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad. Speaking of dumb crap that stayed in OU for too long last gen, Electivire, and Ninjask.

Speaking of dumb crap that stayed in OU for too long last gen, Electivire, and Ninjask.
    What's wrong with Ninjask? It's the crux of all Baton Passing teams. Protect the first turn, Substitute the second, Protect again the third, BP the fourth. If you're smart about what you use it against (no obvious Taunt/Roar/Whirlwind users), it can be really hard to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    What's wrong with Ninjask? It's the crux of all Baton Passing teams. Protect the first turn, Substitute the second, Protect again the third, BP the fourth. If you're smart about what you use it against (no obvious Taunt/Roar/Whirlwind users), it can be really hard to stop.
    Last gen baton pass teams had nothing to stop whirlwind. Also, outside of baton pass chains, I've found Gliscor and Mew more effective swords dance/speed passers.

Well, it can work, it's just that it's not amazing aside from passing speed and getting chains started.

What about Electro Ball? That's an interesting move in concept, but in reality, doesn't really work, since there are so many random scarfed pokemon, and just ones that are plain faster.
    Thas' why you use it on sets that make use of Speed boosting moves.

The only Pokemon i've ever used along is an Agility Pikachu.
    Though suppose it could work better with Jolteon as well as it's a bit more prone 2 forcing switches.

"i unno man im just a pawniard"

vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

The reason you see Flareon being used in defensive roles is because it doesn't have the offensive movepool to really run a offensive set.

As for Weavile, it wasn't actually horrible in OU. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad. Speaking of dumb crap that stayed in OU for too long last gen, Electivire, and Ninjask.
    Electivire imo was only good if you switched into an electric-type move with an expert belt. With a speed boost and 3 type punches, it could wreck some stuff with good type coverage. I think thats why it was there for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Last gen baton pass teams had nothing to stop whirlwind. Also, outside of baton pass chains, I've found Gliscor and Mew more effective swords dance/speed passers.
    Do they have something to stop it this gen that they didn't before?

Well, it can work, it's just that it's not amazing aside from passing speed and getting chains started.
    Forretress isn't that amazing aside from setting up and spinning away entry hazards, but it still has very solid usage numbers in OU. Lots of Pokemon are only good at one thing, but if they do that one thing really well, then what's the problem with it?

Do they have something to stop it this gen that they didn't before?
    Espeon.

Forretress isn't that amazing aside from setting up and spinning away entry hazards, but it still has very solid usage numbers in OU. Lots of Pokemon are only good at one thing, but if they do that one thing really well, then what's the problem with it?
    To be honest, I'm surprised that thing is still OU. I only see it on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    She has a point.
    Wynaut. It has no purpose in life. It can't actually do anything Wobuffet can't do.
    Speaking of which, Wobuffet is stupid as well. Sure, it can Counter and stuff, but it has such low defenses. It relies too much on luck and prediction. Plus, if you can't do anything to the opponent's pokemon, it can boost so many times (should it be able to boost stats) it will end up destroying your team.
    I guess it can work with scarfers (and as a Terrakion counter ) but besides that, he's too suicidal.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Espeon.
    Touche.

To be honest, I'm surprised that thing is still OU. I only see it on occasion.
    You're taking my point too specifically; Forretress was just the example I picked. I could list lots of other Pokemon that can only do one thing, but they do it well, so they maintain their role. Just going down the list in OU right now, Cloyster, Dugtrio, more or less Ferrothorn, more or less Jellicent, Magnezone, Mamoswine, Reuniclus, Skarmory, Tentacruel, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    She has a point.
    Are you talking about me or Zach?

It pains me to say it, but Tropius can't effectively live. Harvest? Yeah, but HarvRest can get... what's the word...?

I'm back, baby.

Meh. I guess I kind of lost this argument, but Ninjask...I never really found it that great besides baton pass chains, but whatever.
    Are you talking about me or Zach?
    Probably you.

Ninjask became less amazing with Prankster's intro. Taunt... BEFORE Protect/Sub/BP? Say goodbye, Buggy!

I'm back, baby.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast