Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #62

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    Rock Polish + Gyro Ball reaps a few benefits from Contrary.

Shuckle, Shuckle, Blast, and Buckle
    Ability: Contrary
    Stats: Brave, Max defenses, rest HP
    Moves: Power Trick, Gyro Ball, Rock Blast (Egg), Rock Polish

Strategy: Come in during Trick Room (or have a Doubles/Triples partner use it) and set up a few Contrary Rock Polishes. Once ready, Power Trick and sweep. Rock Blast helps with Substitutes and Focus Sashes while Gyro Ball is your bread-and-butter Move.
    Hilarious. -6 your Speed, and Gyro Ball continues to stayed capped at 150 base power. Woooo divide by zero!
    I'm thinking about creating a printer-friendly Pokédex guidebook for Black and White versions. Let me know what you think about it here.

Ok, so if you're able to get Shuckle to +6 Attack w/ an attack boosting nature and everything then it caps out at 520 attack without damaging it's defenses too much at all... That's about the same results as running Power Trick...so, there! A safer alternative, and puts that random Baton Passer of yours to good use too

Strategy: Come in during Trick Room (or have a Doubles/Triples partner use it) and set up a few Contrary Rock Polishes. Once ready, Power Trick and sweep. Rock Blast helps with Substitutes and Focus Sashes while Gyro Ball is your bread-and-butter Move.
    That's true, but honestly... Who's going to outslow Shuckle besides some very slow Cursers (ie Munchlax)?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalCrow View Post
    Ok, so if you're able to get Shuckle to +6 Attack w/ an attack boosting nature and everything then it caps out at 520 attack without damaging it's defenses too much at all... That's about the same results as running Power Trick...so, there! A safer alternative, and puts that random Baton Passer of yours to good use too
    Speaking of which, Shell Smash Gorebyss as a Baton Passer? Problem is, they are best in conflicting weathers (Shuckle in the sandstorm, Gorebyss in the rain) and Shuckle is actually the slowest of all Pokémon (base 5, tied with Munchlax), not only that, Shell Smash lowers its defenses as well (unless it has White Herb), which exposes its base 20 hp (which is shared by the much frailer Pichu!), unless Gorebyss has got both Iron Defense and Amnesia to correct the drops, which leaves Gorebyss with no attacking moves (and thus easily shut down by a taunt)! You're probably better off just passing three Swords Dances anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Lizzy View Post
    Hilarious. -6 your Speed, and Gyro Ball continues to stayed capped at 150 base power. Woooo divide by zero!
    The lowest possible speed (with -speed nature) at Level 100 is 13, and -6 means divide by 4, then floor, for a speed of 3, which even a Level 1 unmodified, even with -speed nature, outruns!
    YouTube Pika250, Twitter Pika250
    BMGf no. 8125 (Pika25), Smogon no. 8077 (Pika25)
    Find me at those Forums too!

My Pokemon Online Dream Team, I am "Scotty" on PO

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    ..Seriously, though, don't use Power Trick. Sweep nearly anything? Not when you're so slow.
    Yes you can. How? just 3 words. TRICK ROOM SUPPORT!!!!!!!!

Bascially all of it's offensive sets that dont include Gyro Ball , is meant for trick room.

That means that if I use ANY level 1 pokemon with gyro ball it will kill everything.. it doesn't work like this...

Fun fact: Shunkle can do the most damage of every pokemon EVER doing like 400 billion to level 1 ledyba with defense curled +6, power tricked metronomed, flower gifted, helping handed Rollout!

but seriously how the hell can THIS happen?

@Pika: people use Close Combat although the defense drops and don't care at all..
    Last edited by Ilan; 4th March 2012 at 8:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    That is exactly how Contrary works... Superpower Spinda gets +Atk,+Def. Leaf Storm Serpentine gets +2 SpAtk. Growl on a Shuckle gets +Atk. Anything that would raise/lower stats does the reverse.
    Anything that raises or lowers your stats is reversed. Growl will still lower the foe's Attack. Unless you mean the foe uses Growl against you.

Edit:
    Oh nevermind I read your other post again.

The Great Wall Of Berry Juice
    Shuckle@Leftovers
    Impish nature
    Sturdy
    252 HP/252 Sp. Def/4 Defense
    ~Toxic
    ~Power Split
    ~Wrap
    ~Protect

Shuckle is the king of extremes; extremely high defenses, extremely low offenses, Speed, and HP. With those defenses, you might be wondering why Shuckle isn't one of the great walls of our time. For an answer, look at its HP stat. Facepalm worthy, it is. This set, however, takes advantage of Shuckle's greatest assets, and even a few of its downsides. Toxic, obviously, badly poisons the foe. Power Split... here's where it gets good. It tallies up Shuckle's offensive stats with the target's offensive stats and averages them out. And given how insignificant Shuckle's Attack and Special Attack are, this is not unlike cutting the foe's offensive stats in half while adding a crapload to Shuckle's own. Wrap, in addition to benefiting from Shuckle's increased Attack, serves to hold the opponent in battle, to allow Toxic (and possibly Sandstorm) damage to rack up. Protect furthers this, and also gives Shuckle a free turn of Leftovers recovery.

Item is obvious. Ability is the best choice, as even with its behemoth defenses, stuff can still potentially one-shot Shuckle. Not a lot of stuff, but still. Better than Gluttony at any rate.

Power Trickle
    Shuckle@Muscle Band
    Relaxed nature
    Sturdy
    252 Defense/252 Sp. Def/4 HP
    ~Power Trick
    ~Gyro Ball
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Bug Bite

Power Trick is an amazing move. Swaps Shuckle's Defense stat with its Attack stat. Which, with full investment, like you see here, results in an Attack stat of 614. Sweet crap. Combine that with Shuckle's low Speed, and Gyro Ball will be your main attack. Stone Edge and Bug Bite are for STAB.

Item further boosts Shuckle's insane stats. Ability is essential to ensure that Shuckle doesn't get OHKO'd by a physical move, an all-too-real possibility.

Other options:
    *A gimmicky combination of Encore and Bide is possible, but far too easy to switch out of. Plus, high HP is preferable for any sort of counterattacking technique.
    *Earthquake is a viable option over Bug Bite on the Power Trick set for more coverage.

Abilities:
    *Sturdy: Shuckle can't be OHKO'd. Despite its incredible defenses, this is its best ability, due to its HP letting it down a bit.
    *Gluttony: Shuckle consumes pinch berries starting at 50% HP. Shuckle has no need for pinch berries and therefore no need for Gluttony.
    *Contrary: Shuckle's Hidden Ability. Anything that would increase its stats lowers them and vice versa. An excellent ability in the right hands; Shuckle is not the right hands. It has no moves which lower its own stats. It makes Rock Polish seem like an appealing option on the Power Trick set, to boost Gyro Ball, but really, Shuckle's gonna be unleashing that move at full power regardless most of the time. Unreleased, but nobody actually cares.

Partners:
    You'd really do well to have a sandstorm going at all times with Shuckle, so Tyranitar, Hippowdon, hell, even Hippopotas, they all make for good Shuckle partners. And the Power Trick set is just screaming for Trick Room support.

Counters:
    Steel-types wall the defensive set to hell and back, and the attacking set as well if you're not running Earthquake. Even so, Skarmory walls any Shuckle any time anywhere.

Opinion:
    A very cool concept, though I must ask what they were smoking when they programmed its stats into the game.

Prediction for next week:
    Weezing

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by jr0904 View Post
    Yes you can. How? just 3 words. TRICK ROOM SUPPORT!!!!!!!!

Bascially all of it's offensive sets that dont include Gyro Ball , is meant for trick room.
    But it's too complicated. After Power Trick (or was it Power Swap), Shuckle gets 600+ Attack which sounds cool. But a LO SD Scizor can boost its Attack to 700+ with just one Swords Dance. Not only that but Scizor has STAB + Technician priority Bullet Punch to go along with that Attack. So a TR Power Trick Shuckle isn't THAT threatening and is sorta a waste of effort to try and set up. But I guess it could still work....kinda....

Shuckle is a cute little guy, but that's basically all he has going for him, unfortunately. It's gargantuan defenses are counter-balanced by his abysmal HP and his lack of reliable recovery, and he has no offensive presence. However, he does have a pretty unique support movepool.

Aw shucks, it's Shuckle!

Shuckle @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+ SDef, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Encore
    - Toxic
    - Rest

Special wall for Sandstorm. This thing hits 921 Special Defense in Sand, which is quite bulky. Stealth Rock is standard on many things, and is probably the best move in the game. Encore is useful for forcing switches, not like Shuckle would use them. Toxic is Shuckle's only method of offense, and Rest because few things can 3HKO Shuckle on the special side.

Shuckle was pretty useless in past gens, but I have a sort of gimmicky set here that might actually work:

SwaggerShuckle @ Leftovers
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -Speed)
    252 HP, 128 Def, 128 Sp.Def
    -Swagger
    -Power Split
    -Wrap
    -Return / Body Slam / Earthquake

Use this in Sandstorm for maximum effect. The idea is simple, come in on something that isn't really threatening but is also not immediately scared of Shuckle, use Wrap to trap the foe. Then use Swagger to double the foes attack and confuse them. Then use Power Split to absorb their insanely boosted attack stat, while your helpless foe is still trapped in your Wrap, struggling with a confusion status. Then proceed to attack with your 4th move. Wrap is preferred over Sand Tomb because it has better accuracy, and it's not like the base power of that move actually matters significantly when launched from Shuckle. Apart from accuracy, the choice could depend on what you want to be immune to your trap, ghosts or flyers.

It's gimmicky as Shuckle stays the slowest fully evolved pokémon in the game, it is still vulnerable to attack from pokémon after the first one you KO, and a lot of foes will probably switch to something that can actually threaten Shuckle as they see it coming in, since Shuckle usually doesn't pose an immediate threat.
    Master balls are the cheapest thing ever invented. It's more fun catching everything with balls that can fail. 'caught Latios in the wild without master ball ftw'

Yay, my favourite Pokemon! If you can, run the little guy in Sandstorm. Once Contrary is released, it's the best ability to use as it helps out with those odd incidences.

Standard Power Trick
    Shuckle
    Impish nature
    Contrary
    240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
    IVs: 0 Atk, 0 SpA
    - Power Split
    - Rock Slide / Toxic
    - Substitute / Toxic / Encore
    - Rest / Toxic / Encore

Typical stuff, Power Split to get an Attack boost while lowering the foe's offensive stats and then attack with Rock Slide. Entry hazards are much appreciated and worth while in the end. That said, it's worth considering Toxic unless one of your teammates has Toxic Spikes. It doesn't hurt Shuckle that much to for go Rock Slide. Substitute is useful as it blocks status moves. Rest is used for healing which works quite well behind a Substitute, however it is a bit unreliable so Wish support should be considered. Encore is also very useful in aiding the team. The EV Spread is simple, maximize Defence, maximum HP that allows a magic Leftovers number, and poor the rest into Special Defence. If not planning to be used in a Sandstorm, an EV spread of 240 HP / 36 Def / 232 SpD with an Impish nature can be considered. Minimizing the attack stats gives a larger plunder of the foe's attack stats through Power Share.

Defence Curl and Rollout
    Shuckle
    Calm nature
    Sturdy
    240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
    IVs: 0 Atk, 0 SpA
    - Power Split
    - Defence Curl
    - Rollout
    - Rest

This little guy can deliver a world of hurt. Since Defence Curl is being used, it is best to have maximum Special Defence, maximum HP that allows a magic Leftovers number, the rest of the EVs poured into Defence, and the Sturdy ability has to be used. Minimize the attack stats to offer a greater plunder through Power Split once again. With so much Special Defence, it is great to use in a Sandstorm. Rollout hurts a lot depending on what you used Power Trick on. Rest is to heal.

Off-topic, here's an old battle video showing the Rollout set at work.

These are pretty much the only 2 sets this analysis will need.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by sbktdreed View Post

Sludge Bomb/Earthquake/Shell Smash
    Sorry but shuckle can't learn shell smash and sludge bomb is worthless.

I disagree with this portion of the initial post: "and, with Power Trick, can sweep and destroy nearly anything."
    That would be quite awesome, but it could certainly only be done under Trick Room, as it is literally the slowest pokemon in the game, tied with Munchlax. Under trick room, this means it's a beast. So yeah, be sure to mention in the feature that as an offensive 'mon it's useless on anything but a Trick Room team (unless you plan on sweeping teams comprised of only Munchlax).
    As far as defense is concerned, this thing is a tank. I could only imagine the monstrous things that would happen if this guy got Recover- even with just Lefties, he's annoying.
    Subbing up with him would work well as he'd gain tons back from Leftovers- but, most importantly, it'll protect him from Taunt which shuts him down otherwise.

I could see him sand stalling well- give him Lefties, Rest, Toxic, Substitute, and then perhaps something like Wrap or Sand Tomb to trap the opponent. His Special Defense in sand will be monstrous, so you could run Relaxed and max his HP and Defense, throwing the 4 left over into SDef. Anyway, here's the set I'm thinking up...

- Substitute
    - Toxic
    - Rest
    - Wrap / Sand Tomb
    Item Attached: Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)

Sub up so you aren't Taunt bait, nobody's gonna be able to break your sub anytime soon anyway, and this lets you start healing from Leftovers right away. Use Toxic, it'll start to pile on damage in no time. After you've thrown up your last sub, rest, rinse, and repeat. When able, use your choice of Wrap or Sand Tomb to annoy your opponent even more as they are unable to switch out to something that can handle Shuckle. Leftovers will give you plenty of recovery.

EVs and Nature:
    This is ideally run on a sand team, and sand will massively boost Shuckle's Special Defense. For this reason, 252 EVs are dumped into HP and Defense. The remaining EP is pretty arbitrary, it's just in SDef here because it'd be nigh useless anywhere else.

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

shuckle sweeper

trick room
    power trick
    gyroball
    toxic/rest

use trick room to make shuckle go faster. then use power trick and use gyroball. if needed ues toxic/rest for support.

sorry i didnt post a full reply, just the moveset, but i completely forgot the evs on my shuckle -_-
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/2vvrzaw.jpg[/IMG]

~~need a jirachi, celebi, mew, phione.~~
    wanting a dream world ninetails or poiltoad. plz help
    pokedex is at 607 entries. please help me!

Man, this guy sucks. Defensively, it has poor typing. Even with it's massive defenses, but it's lack of good recovery and has terrible HP cancels that out. Power split? Your enemy will just swap out and remove the effects, thought that is probably the best way to go from the looks of it.

Offensively...don't make me laugh. Shell Smash? Yeah, as if that'd do anything to it's terrible offensive stats. Power Trick? That's what they call a gimmick. With 5 speed, it won't be sweeping through anything, and with it's newly lowered defenses, it's KOed by a Magikarp's tackle. And the trick room/power trick combo? Then you'd set up right before they attack, so the damage done will probably KO it, unless it's still got sturdy. Also, it'll be finished of by priority as if it were nothing. Oh, right, and it'd also only have so many rounds to sweep with.

Anyway, I think it'd love Vaporeon for a teammate. Wish support and the ability to baton pass high HP substitutes.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Shuckle @ Leftovers
    Impish (252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SpD)
    Power Trick
    Knock Off
    Rest
    Toxic

This is the Shuckle set I use. Unfortunately it didn't get Recover, so Rest will have to do. Good news is that it has the defenses to back it up while it's zonked out. Knock Off makes sure it isn't Taunt bait while taking down a major item, and Power Split makes sure that it is can do some fair damage while neutering the opponent. Toxic still wears down the opponent faster though. Other options are Stealth Rock if you need it, or Struggle Bug as Shuckle won't be dealing much damage anyway and you can buff defenses more.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

Shuckle
    Bug - Rock

Overveiw
    Shuckle, the Mould Pokemon, is the one Pokemon that has the defensive stats to even put the illustrious Deoxys-D to shame. However, it was shot down with next to zero Speed and HP, really crippling its stalling and walling prowess, making it inevitably weak to repetitive hits and Taunt, inevitably making the bulkiet of Deoxys a much better choice for most teams. However, if supported right, Shuckle can do many a wondrous things to the metagame. The Bug-Rock typing does the the Mould Pokemon justice, as it removes 2 of his weaknesses (Fire and Flying) in exchange for neutral Fighting-Type status and a Water weakness.

Abilities
    Sturdy: Is arguably Shuckle's best ability, it allows the mollusk to survive any direct and potentially fatal hit. Unfortunately, there isn't anything outside of the OHKO moves that would be able to one-shot Shuckle, making it just a useless ability.
    Gluttony: This ability activates a Pokemon's held berry sooner than it would be normally used. For Shuckle, this ability does not suit it, as it's staggering 244 HP will want to be restored as late as possible to further wall out whatever Shuckle is walling. If used on a more offensive stat, it could be used in a pinch to boost Shuckle's attack.
    Contrary: This ability is useless on Shuckle, as he gets no moves that lower his stats, only those that raise it. Never use this ability on Shuckle.

Stats
    Offensively, Shuckle has the worst stats, sporting a spread of 10/10/5, leaving it outsped by nigh on everything to exist in the known Pokemon Universe. With its lacklustre attack and special attack, Shuckle even struggles to dent Blissey.
    Defensively, Shuckle reigns supreme. Mostly. Running a spread of 20/230/230, and hindered only by that massive base 20 HP stat, nothing can compare its defences to that of Shuckle's.

Sets

Everyday I'm Shucklin'

Shuckle @ Chesto Berry / Leftovers
    Sturdy
    Bold Nature
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Def
    ~Toxic
    ~Safeguard / Withdraw
    ~Rest
    ~Wrap / Struggle Bug

The goal of this set is to just break through anything that won't resist Toxic by stalling it out beyond belief. It's best used alongside Tyranitar or Hippowdon, as the boost its Special Defense gets from the Sandstorm will give it a better shot at stalling. The choice between Safeguard and Withdraw is your own, whether you want to avoid status and burning through your Chesto Berry too soon, or just getting your defences to godly levels. Rest enables Shuckle to stall for even longer, and remove whatever status ails him. Wrap and Struggle Bug are Shuckle's best shot of a form of offense, as the Wrap and Toxic damage may subdue an opponent, while struggle Bug has potential to lower the foe's Special Attack, making Shuckle's life easier.

Shuckle like a Madman

Shuckle@Leftovers
    Sturdy
    Adamant Nature
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Def
    0 Speed IVs
    ~Power Trick
    ~Earthquake
    ~Stone Edge / Smack Down
    ~Gyro Ball

When used under Trick Room, Shuckle can act as one of the most deadly sweepers to walk (crawl?) the Earth. Becoming faster than all existing Pokemon, and after a Power Trick, a move that swaps Shuckle's immense Defences with his massive Attack stats, and plough through anything that stands in his way. Earthquake hits non-levitating Electric-Type Pokemon, Fire Type Pokemon, and Rock-Type Pokemon stupidly hard. Stone Edge and Smack Down are both STAB. Stone Edge is recommended, but if you feel lucky enough to, use Smack down to send those Levitating Pokemon to the ground and perish at Shuckle's mighty Earthquake. Gyro Ball is self-explanitory, being one of the slowest Pokemon to exist (minimum speed stat being 13). It's a hell of a gimmick, but it will catch people off guard. Like the previous set, Shuckle is best used in Sandstorm, giving it some defenses to work with.

We all know Shuckle's stats lie in the extremes. It has the biggest defense and special defense and the smallest of everything else.
    Shuckle was pretty gimmicky, and it still is. It can pull a few things off, but nothing drastically game changing. BW gave Shuckle one amazing tool: Power Share. Any offensive Pokemon hit by this loses all of its power. Now, for some sets.

My Shuckle
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 defense and sp defense, 4 hp
    Ability: Sturdy (always)
    @: Lum Berry/Rocky Helmet

Power Share
    Toxic
    Struggle Bug
    Bulldoze

The aim behind this set is to cripple attackers. Power Share averages Shuckle's and the target's attacking stats and those numbers become their new attack stats. With Shuckle's pea sized offensive ability, every target will be crippled. Toxic is Shuckle's only real way of dishing out damage, but it also keeps attackers you don't want to see away for a while. Its no burn, but lets work with what we have. Struggle Bug drops the targets sp attack, which is always welcome. Bulldoze drops speed.
    This set is extremely situational. At the right time, this set can turn the game around.

Another Power Share set
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 defense and sp defense, 4 hp
    Ability: Sturdy (always)
    @: Lum Berry/Rocky Helmet

Power Share
    Toxic
    Wrap/Stealth Rock
    Encore

This set will encourage switches. Shuckle can do two things with this set: prevent switching, or punish it. Power Share, Toxic, and Encore do their job in encouraging the switches. Wrap will prevent switching, letting Toxic do its job. Stealth Rock lets you rack up damage on the opponent's team as they switch.
    I claim Buizel.

Not only is Power Trick Shuckle gimmicky, it's almost completely outclassed. After Power Trick with max Def, Shuckle has 614 Atk, about 816 with the Life Orb added in. Marowak can use that same turn to set up a Swords Dance, giving it 568 Atk, making it 1136 after Thick Club. That said, why use Shuckle as a Trick Room sweeper when Marowak is more powerful, has much better typing, has a better offensive movepool, and doesn't make itself as frail as wet tissue paper on the physical side just to have offensive potential? Not to mention that this is just an example; there are plenty of other Pokemon that can acheive similar or greater power with far less support.

If you're going to use Shuckle, you'd best take advantage of its support options like Stealth Rock, Encore, and Power Split. Otherwise, you're just using a poor man's...everything.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Not only is Power Trick Shuckle gimmicky, it's almost completely outclassed. After Power Trick with max Def, Shuckle has 614 Atk, about 816 with the Life Orb added in. Marowak can use that same turn to set up a Swords Dance, giving it 568 Atk, making it 1136 after Thick Club. That said, why use Shuckle as a Trick Room sweeper when Marowak is more powerful, has much better typing, has a better offensive movepool, and doesn't make itself as frail as wet tissue paper on the physical side just to have offensive potential? Not to mention that this is just an example; there are plenty of other Pokemon that can acheive similar or greater power with far less support.

If you're going to use Shuckle, you'd best take advantage of its support options like Stealth Rock, Encore, and Power Split. Otherwise, you're just using a poor man's...everything.
    After a swords dance, jolly Terrakion has 714 attack, which is 10 points higher then shuckle, and it doesn't need trick room support.

Just throwing out that there is a common pokemon who does it better as well.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Trick Room Sweeper

Shuckle @ Life Orb/Leftovers
    252 HP/4 Atk/ 252 Def
    Relaxed Nature

Moves
    Power Trick
    Earthquake
    Stone-Edge
    Gyro Ball

With Power Trick, Shuckle gets 614 Atk. Which is obscene. Earthquake and Stone-edge make the infamous EdgeQuake combo. Gyro Ball, working off of Shuckle horrible Base 5 Speed, is almost guaranteed to be at max power. Trick Room support is needed so Shuckle can sweep without fear of being outsped and KO'ed.

Sandstorm Special Wall
    Shuckle @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
    252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Sp.Def
    Sassy/Careful Nature

Moves
    Toxic
    Protect
    Rest
    Knock Off

Being part Rock, Shuckle gets a ridiculous Special Defense boost in Sandstorm. It hits 921, if I did my math right. He can take Special hits all day. His Base 20 Hp is a letdown, but with that ridiculous bulk, he is impossible to OHKO. Anyways, Toxic and Protect is Shuckle's best way of wearing down the opponent, specially if the opponent is not immune to the Sand. Rest keeps Shuckle alive to keep it trolling longer. And Knock Off is a great support option as it can get rid of Leftovers, Choice Band/Specs, making Terrakion and Latios I little bit less menacing. You can run Max Defense as well.

Pokemon stuff

-----

Let's Plays and such

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    After a swords dance, jolly Terrakion has 714 attack, which is 10 points higher then shuckle, and it doesn't need trick room support.

Just throwing out that there is a common pokemon who does it better as well.
    I was mainly referring to Trick Room sweepers (which Power Trick Shuckle is usually used as), but yeah, there are a lot of Pokemon like Terrakion and Salamence that can reach similar or greater power with less support.

With Gastro Acid and Guard Split, Shuckle is pretty handy at aiding Regigigas and Slaking in doubles and triples.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Oh shizz! Shuckle is my favorite pokemon!
    *Note: I may overly complement this Pokemon.*

Overview

Its puts Deoxys-D to shame! With its base 230 defensive stats, and useful support moves, but, unfortunately, thats where it ends. base 40 HP means, although it still rarely KO's from most (unboosted) Pokemon, it still lacks the moves and raw stats to abuse it, and base 10 offensive stats, and irredeemable base 5 Speed dosent help (without Trick Room.) Its still a good support Pokemon in any environment.

Abilities

Sturdy: Although its new pseudo-Focus Sash effect may seem useless with its sky-high defenses, it allows it to come in on boosted Pokemon without a 1HKO, and then allows it to set up something.
    Gluttony: It actually has a noteable use: Custap Berry and Sitrus Berry abuse. Custap Berry is a notable mention, it allows to set up in a situation where Speed wouldnt allow, but this Berry isnt realeased yet
    Contrary: Not the most useful, only where moves Shadow Ball or Crunch are taken into account, but its inferior to the others.

Sets

Standard Set
    (No Sandstorm)Relaxed, 252 HP, 28 Defense 230 Sp.Def
    (Sandstorm)Relaxed, 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp.Def
    Leftovers/Sitrus Berry/Custap Berry (when released)
    Sturdy/Gluttony
    ~Toxic
    ~Encore
    ~Rest
    ~Stealth Rocks

If you run no Sandstorm, the EV's and nature will result in 244 HP, and 553 defenses down the line, giving it the mixed wall, without Sandstorm support. With sandstorm (including the SS boost), he gets a blistering 244 HP, 614 Defense... and 745 Sp.Defense, wow!

I find myself usually starting out with Encore, as most Pokemon will attempt to set up on Shuckle. With Encore in effect, you may use Stealth Rocks next, because they're awesome (like Shuckle) and who likes SR on their side of the field? Between being Encored and switching out to lose health can be annoying. No switching means you can give you opponent a free switch in plus a free turn, or switch out, take some damage, and be pitted against a counter... very hard to choose. Toxic is to spread a little status, and in case Shuckle can out-poison an enemy. Rest is unreliable recovery, but its his only recovery, so work with it!

Power Trick trick!
    Relaxed, 252 Defense, 252 Sp.Ded, 4 HP
    Leftovers
    Sturdy/Contrary
    ~Power Trick
    ~Earthquake
    ~Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    ~Gyro Ball

Offensive Shuckle? Ridiculous, unless you know what your doing! Power Trick switches Shuckle's Defense with his Attack. From defense specialist, to deadly juggernaut! It works best in a Trick Room, where he is certain to go first (minus priority.) Sturdy works best because now, ANY physical hit would otherwise kill him one hit, Sturdy allows for one more turn to destroy things with. Stone Edge/Earthquake combo has priceless type coverage and are just downright powerful. Gyro Ball will almost always have high power, though coverage is a far to be desired.

Power SPLIT trick!
    (No Sandstorm)Relaxed, 252 HP, 28 Defense 230 Sp.Def
    (Sandstorm)Relaxed, 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp.Def
    Leftovers/Sitrus Berry/Chesto Berry
    Sturdy/Gluttony/Contrary
    ~Power Split
    ~Earthquake/
    ~Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    ~Rest

Whats this? A Standard/Power Trick hybird? No! Its the most gimmicky, but potentially destructive, set of its own!

First, on an OFFENSIVE Pokemon, you use Power Split. With this move used, you are not only reducing you target's offensives, but are also raising Shuckle's very own offensive stats. As with the Power Trick set, EQ+SE combo is great coverage, but Rest is here in to increase longevity of Shuckle, instead of all out offense, since this set can actually afford to heal.

In case you dont know how Power Share works, let me give a scenario: lets say a Shuckle with minimal Attack of 13, verses a Dragonite with a maximum Attack stat of 403, when Power Share is used, the stats are added and averaged together between Shuckle and Dragonite. Both Dragonite's and Shuckle's Attack both become 208. Athough its not a ground-breaking Attack stat, its a huge jump for Shuckle, and a major interference in Dragonite's sweeping skills, giving Shuckle the upper hand. Also note that these changes are reset if they switch out. If Shuckle switches, Dragonite stats are stilled lowered, and if Dragonite switch's, Shuckle's stats are still buffed.
    B/W FC: 0862 7496 5200

(^Credit to Abagoora^)
    Art:Unvailable
    I can do one art project at a time JUST FOR MY CLAN! Note its done when its done, no deadlines and WAIT!
    See DevART for examples, No Animations!

If I ever sound mean, make a mistake, or break a rule, please be kind as to tell me before the trouble, I'd be glad to fix my mistake

Im not tolerant of others, im accepting of others!

I gots a Flipnote account! Click!

I Has A DeviantART! Click!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast