Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #62

Shuckle has fanatstic defenses, but terrible Hp, Speed, Attack, Sp. Atk... Actually, it has nothing going for it besides its defenses. Seriously, terribad typing, bad movepool, bad stats...
    Not much left to say.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Shuckle@leftovers
    bold
    252hp/252def/4spd7
    sturdy
    power split
    toxic
    struggle bug
    rest/protect/sandstorm

i love shuckle with poower split you weaken the foe then use the increased spa to inflict damage while weakening the opponents and toxic to wear them down last slot is your choice heal and sleep, toxic stall or set up a storm

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

Here's a Shuckle set I used on my troll team for a little while:

- Sand Tomb/Wrap

- Toxic
    - Power Share

- Rest

Item Attached: Leftovers

Ability: Sturdy

EVs and Nature:

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)

Use the moves in the order shown. Sand Tomb/Wrap and Toxic provide passive damage to its power, and Power Share adds to its already humongous bulk. EVs and nature are designed for Sandstorm.

The perfect counter to this set is Gengar, who is immune to all of Shuckle's moves.
    Last edited by No. 1 Machop Fan; 5th March 2012 at 9:18 AM.
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Horray! I love Shuckle. This little tanky support has helped me net a bunch of double and triple battle wins, forcing my enemies to try to get rid of him while my sweepers mess up their lives.

Shuckle
    Nature: Impish
    Item: Sitrus Berry (I use leftovers on a different team member and this berry makes the battle less predictable for the enemy... can you say "time waster" )
    Ability: Sturdy (oddly enough, I've come up against OHKO spammers enough that this makes shuckle a helpful switch in)

Helping Hand
    Accupressure
    Guard Split
    Gastro Acid

Pretty self explanitory, helping hand helps his partner sweep threats.
    Accupressure is super useful (though sometimes banned) in 2v2 and 3v3 especially if half your team has protect.
    Guard Split turns your target sweeper into a threatening bulky sweeper and often leaves Shuckle with enough defenses to take a couple more hits.
    Gastro acid... I originally gave this to Shuckle to clear my Slaking's truant but since I've been running with a different team composition, I've found it really useful for dealing with ability centered team strategies, like guts, technicians, levitate, and even used it to rain on the parade of a skill swap team that managed to get study to a shedinja right under my nose.

1v1? Yeah, there are better choices than Shuckle.
    2v2 and 3v3? I don't go into a match without him!!!
    Balance. Balance is, above all else, the answer to everything in life. It is both the cause and effect. There is no good without bad, no receiving without taking, and no pain without gain. Remember these words in the darkest hours to remember how to look for the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Lizzy View Post
    Hilarious. -6 your Speed, and Gyro Ball continues to stayed capped at 150 base power. Woooo divide by zero!
    Contrary Rock Polish + Gyro Ball is for other Shuckle and Trick Room users with Curse-potential (Slowbro/king, Steelix, Torkoal, Carracosta, and Ferrothorn). Should've mentioned that earlier, considering nobody here looks past the most obvious and insignificant things towards the points I try to make.

You don't get much power out of GB with Contrary Rock Polish, but you guarantee you can stay the slowest and hit hard enough past the resistances of the aforementioned Pokemon with Curse to be worth something.

Not much Shuckle can do with Contrary aside from this gimmick, but not much the opponent can do about it either. Plus, Gluttony is a waste of time because of how long it would take to get to 50% HP (aside from impatient Super Fang users) and few Pokemon will have the power to 1HKO past your defenses for Sturdy to be worth it anyway (way outside Shuckle's comfort zone).

Except, another use of Contrary is Intimidate "protection." Could also be useful for a Defense buff if you use Power Trick. You may survive a single attack if you're lucky...or the opponent is stupid...
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestospoison View Post
    Shuckle. What a... unique Pokemon. Time to make a gimmicky set that will have next to no application, ever!

Shuckle @ Choice Band
    252 HP/ 252 Att/ 4 Def, 0 Speed IVs
    Brave
    Sturdy
    -Gyro Ball
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Return
    This set takes advantage of Shuckles unique attack stat, and boosts it. Max attack and minimum speed allow it to take advantage of Gyro Ball. Stone Edge is a powerful STAB attack, able to 2HKO Modest Eviolite Magikarp. Earthquake completes the edgequake combo, and Return provides good neutral coverage to all that resist it's incredible strength.
    It is walled by levitate bronzong.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Sorry but shuckle can't learn shell smash and sludge bomb is worthless.
    As for Shell Smash, I put it up because thought someone was talking about it, but I already made the changes to my original post.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It is walled by magikarp*

Oh and power trick is bad it is only a base 230 attack better use other sweepers with swords dance...

it is strong but useless...
    Last edited by Ilan; 5th March 2012 at 9:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty much walled by everything, seeing as how even an uninvested Ferrothorn has about 15% more power. It was more of a joke set than anything, like Specscadrill.

Whoa everything's all different...

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

When pressure is applied to coal you get diamond, which has nothing on the hardness of a Shuckle's shell.
    One place that I notice that Shuckle could shine is in doubles. With Guard Split it could fix the weaknesses of its fellow walls i.e. Chansey/Skarmory or any wall with a subpar Def. /Sp. Def.

Let’s say you ran a this set:

Shuckle @ leftovers
    Ev’s and Nature
    Relaxed(+Def/-Spd)
    4Hp/252 Def/252 Sp. Def (0-1 Spd IV)
    Moves
    Guard Swap
    Gyro Ball
    Toxic
    Helping Hand

Alongside a maxed def/maxed sp.def evolite Chansey

First, the guard swap would leave you with a Chansey with 366 def/476 sp. def before evo calc'd in. this is great for Chansey
    then if your gutsy enough to leave the Shuckle in helping hand would help remedy her bad Atk stats and toxic would help stall and gyro ball prevents taunt bait.

The stats on an Impish Skarmory would be 515 Def with 252 ev's and 438 Sp. Def with 252 ev's

^I've used it in a doubles trick room team before. I actually had it use guard split on tanks like Tyranitar. It also knew power split to use on powerful enemies.

It worked with decent success, though that was quite a while ago.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Graffix View Post
    Someone make a moveset and call it everyday I'm shuckllin.
    This should have been the LMFAO motto pokemon syle.
    PARTY ROCK!
    Please use ta motto on the finishing day.

Anyway. This thing is deadly. in defenses that is. You gotta be like deoxys attack, mewtwo or arceus to one hit ko it witth something strong and supereffective! Unless, you are hyper boosted on nasty plots or sword dances, coils or quiver dances.

But really, I think Scizor or escavalier are the ultimate bane for ...

"EVERYDAY I'M SHUCKLIN!"
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by shaunthebear View Post
    Gastro acid... I originally gave this to Shuckle to clear my Slaking's truant but since I've been running with a different team composition, I've found it really useful for dealing with ability centered team strategies, like guts, technicians, levitate, and even used it to rain on the parade of a skill swap team that managed to get study to a shedinja right under my nose.
    Lol Sturdy Shedinja...or Wonder Guard Shuckle? They both sound painfully annoying...

Anyways, I like Shuckle as much as the next guy and all, but all it's good for really is support stuff... Like spamming Knock Off and for those nice sunny days when you need a companion while you're fishing for magicarp near cerulean cave

Default Shucking Slaking

For doubles/triples I think for some reason that Shuckle can help Slaking with this moveset:

Shucking Slaking
    ~ Gastro Acid
    ~ Guard Split
    ~ Struggle Bug/Rock Smash/Smack Down/Safeguard
    ~ Struggle Bug/Rock Smash/Smack Down/Safeguard
    Item: Focus Band
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Impish (+Def - Sp Atk) or Careful (+Sp Def - Sp Atk)
    EVs should be split between Defense, Special Defense, and HP with the latter being the most important.

Gastro Acid gets rid of Slaking's Traunt, allowing him to attack every turn. Guard Split allows Shuckle to give Slaking his amazing Defence stats. The Focus Band and Sturdy both can save Shuckle for long enough to set Slaking up. For the other four moves I left some choices. Rock Smash, Smack Down, and Struggle Bug stop Shuckle from being complete Taunt bait. Let's face it, Shuckle isn't going to kill anything with this set, so these moves have different purposes. Rock Smash may lower the opponent's defense while Struggle Bug may lower thier Special Attack. Smack Down can set up Slaking to hit aerial opponents with Earthquake if Slaking is running it. Finally Safeguard is to prevent burns or toxics that can ruin Slaking's day.

As for counters, Steels just ruin Shuckle's fun as Toxic fails.
    Breloom can take Toxics and Focus Punch back or set up a Sub.
    Power Trick sets can be took down with anything + a priority move. (Scizor springs to mind when priority is mentioned, as a STAB, Super Effective, Technician Bullet Punch against a Pokemon with about 30 Def is rather one sided.)
    So Scizor is a GREAT counter! Possibly the best?
    Note that Power Trick sets really appreciate Trick Room unless you're fighting a Munchlax...

Userbars by MajinYoshi

Quote Originally Posted by MajinYoshi View Post
    Power Trick sets can be took down with anything + a priority move.
    Not vacuum wave.

I wrote this quite a while ago, and what luck, it's suddenly very useful!

Shuckle

Shuckle, the Mold Pokemon. It stores berries in its shell. The berries eventually ferment to become delicious juices.

Overview

Shuckle has been the most defensive pokemon since it’s Gen III release. It has always kept its sheer defensive force even against legendaries, usually used as an attacking force with Power Trick, or as a statuser. Gen V bought it the new move, Power Split, which brings its game up a notch.

Abilities

Sturdy: Yes. Can be used as a stop before death by Power Trick’s defensive drops, or just as a safety barrier.
    Gluttony: Maybe… could use with Custap Berry or Sitrus Berry?
    Contrary: One of the best abilities in the game. Given to one of the Pokemon which would find it pretty useless. Could be used by teammates as a skill swap/ role play.

Split me this!

• Power Split
    • Stone Edge/ Rock Slide/ Smack Down
    • Bug Bite/ Gyro Ball
    • Sludge Bomb/ Sludge Wave

Item: Life Orb/ SilverPowder/ Hard Rock/ Custap Berry/ Quick Claw
    Ability: Sturdy/ Gluttony

A nifty set which I run a lot. Steal power from sweepers such as Porygon-Z and Machamp, and use it for your own advantage. Then use the move based on your new set. Simple. Stone Edge is the best option as a rock physical, although Rock Slide can be used for higher accuracy and doubles/ triples. Smack Down is an option, but I wouldn’t suggest it. Between Bug Bite and Gyro Ball I’d go for Gyro, but if you want a bug STAB and berry stealing, go for Bug Bite. Between Sludge Bomb and Wave, I’d go for wave myself, but Bomb works too. Abilities wise I’d go for Sturdy, unless you’re running Custap Berry.

Tricky Shuckle

• Power Trick
    • Stone Edge/ Bug Bite/ Smack Down/ Gyro Ball/ Knock Off

Item: Life Orb/ Iron Ball/ Quick Claw
    Ability: STURDY

OK, it looks silly, but it’s true. Shuckle has not many options with physical moves. Gyro Ball is particularly good, run with Iron Ball for more damage. Smack Down is OK, but I’d only run it for accuracy reasons. Bug Bite steals the opponent’s berry, which is nice. Knock Off is also good for disabling annoying Evolite or Life Orb. Sturdy is a must have for this set, though.

You can’t touch me!

• Double Team
    • Swagger/ Toxic
    • Substitute/ Encore
    • Gyro Ball/ Venoshock

Item: Bright Powder/ Lax Incense/ Iron Plate/ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Sturdy/ Gluttony

Here’s a status set to try. Encore Fake Out, Swords Dance or other status moves that only want one usage. Double Team makes you not only defensive, but evasive too. Substitute gives you a barrier to hide behind while you status them to death. Gyro Ball is a simple near always base 120 for you, or Venoshock which backs up Toxic. Between Toxic and Swagger, Toxic is near always a better option, always dealing damage rather than part time. Contrary should definitely not be used, Sturdy is the option here, but if you really want Gluttony can be used with Sitrus etc.

EVS & Natures

Split Me This: Max EVs in Speed and Attack/ Sp. Attack. Extras in the attack stat not used before.

Tricky Shuckle: Max Attack (you’re going to swap it for defence) and Speed. Extras in Defence.

You can’t touch me!: Max Defense and Sp. Defense. Extras in Speed?

Other Options

Rest, Rollout, Safeguard, Earthquake, Attract.

Rest gives you a chance to restart, but… so what?
    Rollout is good with Power Split, but is Shuckle going to survive that long?
    Safeguard can prevent status. Useful for not getting KOd by Toxic etc.
    Earthquake can be used with any of the two attacking sets, it’s a nice option.
    Attract is awesome. 50% chance of no attack? I’m in.

Double & Triple Battle Options

Follow Me? Yes. Rage Powder? Yes. Get the enemies out of the way of Shuckle, Power Trick, dead. Earthquake and Sludge Wave also come into power here.

Partners

BEHEEYEM. TRICK ROOM. Use it and both Pokemon get better. Also use other Trick Room guys, particularly Slowking for taking out the Rocks. Fighting types such as Mienshao quickly take out Steels, and Grass types like Breloom take out the Waters.

Countering Shuckle

Walls. Status walls such as Ferrothorn will obliterate Shuckle. Crustle will set up Stealth Rock and Spikes, giving incredible entry damage. Stealth Rock + 3x Spikes add up to 7/16 HP damage. That’s nearly half. Seriously. Roar will also be annoying, canceling Power Split, and allowing entry hazard damage to deal damage again. Lighter Waters, Steel/ Psychics deal with partners like Mienshao. Poison and Burn damage also ruin Shuckle, so you could run Scolipede (avoid Earthquake) or Banette and other Will-O-Wisp Ghosts.

Oh yeah, and if you hadn't guessed, I don't know much about EVs and IVs.
    Last edited by Terrabyte; 6th March 2012 at 8:15 PM. Reason: Personal stuff
    Yeah...

Can't set damage moves such as SonicBoom and Seismic Toss kill Shuckle? (I'll admit that they're not used too often)

Anyway I was thinking about another set that focuses on Partially Trapping moves and other moves that damage at the end of the turn.

Trapper

~ Wrap
    ~ Sand Tomb/Rest
    ~ Toxic
    ~ Sandstorm

Item: Zoom Lens, Smooth Rock, Binding Band, Grip Claw, Leftovers
    Ability: Contrary, Sturdy
    Nature: Relaxed (+Def -Spd)
    EVs: Split between HP, Special Defense, and Defense.

This set keeps Shuckle's defenses while slowly draining the opponent's HP. I know it's odd to see so many items on a single set, but each item has its own gift for Shuckle. Zoom Lens ensures that Wrap and Sand Tomb hit, granted that Shuckle is going last. Smooth Rock gives Sandstorm a few more turns before reloading. Binding Band is a new to Gen V item that'll make Sand Tomb and Wrap hit for 1/8th of your opponent's HP instead of 1/16th, while the Grip Claw ensures that Sand Tomb and Wrap hit for their full 5 turns. Leftovers is a back-up in case you don't like any of the other items.

Anyway time for the moves.
    Wrap and Sand Tomb perform 1/16th (or 1/8th with the Binding Band) of your opponent's Max HP at the end of each turn for four to five turns. They also keep opponents stuck in place.

DISCLAIMER: I've never tested Wrap and Sand Tomb at the same time, in case it doesn't work I put Rest as a secondary move seeing how it can heal Shuckle

Sandstorm gives Shuckle a 50% Special Defense boost, thus making Shuckle last even longer. Toxic also reduces the opponent's HP over time. None of Shuckle's abilities help this set. Contrary is set as the primary ability just for a good laugh at opponents that attempt to lower Shuckle's defenses. I doubt Shuckle will be 1 Hit KOed, however Sturdy is more helpful than Gluttony...

Shuckle is one of my favorite gimmick pokemon.... It is so frustrating for the opponent that I just can't help not to laugh!
    This is my moveset for it:

A shuckle sandwich
    Shuckle@leftovers
    Sturdy
    Any nature that lowers ATT, Sp ATT or SPD but raises DEF or Sp DEF
    DEF 252/Sp DEF 252/HP 4
    -Gyro ball
    -Power split/Power trick
    -Protect/Encore/Toxic
    -Stealth rock/Stone edge/Rock slide

We all know that shuckle has the best defenses in the game, But 20 HP cuts a little bit on it's bulk. With 10 ATT 10 Sp ATT and 5 SPD is so stupidly weak to consider it as a sweeper. Not so fast, with trick room in play, this pokemon can be deadly, it has the right tools to get the job done.
    Under trick room effect, use power split, it will give you and the opponent the same ATT and Sp ATT power, cutting the opponent's ATT and Sp ATT by half since you only have 10 Pts in each attack stat. Now the opponent can ATT as much as he likes but with defenses like yours you can dish out everything. With 5 speed, Gyro ball is an amaizing attack coming from a boosted attack stat it will hit with max power on pokemon with only 40 speed.
    Protect keeps you alive for an additional turn and stall for leftovers recovery. Encore can punish anything that try to boost it's broken attack or do something stupid. Stealth rock can be on a leading shuckle wich can be really useful for team members. Stone edge and rock slide can provide so STAB attacks to the set with weak coverage with steel but it can be worse.
    Toxic can be handy as a way to deal damage if you have power split a special sweeper seeing gyro ball is physical.
    You can use Power trick instead of Power split if you wanted obscene power in ATT especially with gyro ball that will destroy anything even 4x resistant to steel
    (230 ATT power with 150 power move... Do the maths). The downside of this is that shuckle will probably be destroyed by any priority move in the next turn. No matter how fast you are priority still strikes before you do! (If you are in trick room of course)

Note: -Trick room will not affect the effect of gyro ball as shuckle will still have that 5 base speed wich means that under trick room shuckle will always strike first except against priority moves.
    -Sturdy is necessary in this set cz it will gurantee you to use power split/power trick successfully.

Shuckle requires a lot of team support to function well as it is really slow. Trick room and rapid spin are essential for every non leading shuckle as they allow it to attack and tank better! Also shuckle appreciate sandstorm as it gives it boost in the special defense area raising it's durability. Double screens are useless on shuckle as it's defenses are already high enough but if they already exist on the field it won't be so sad!
    Last edited by Rayofquazar; 7th March 2012 at 1:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayofquazar View Post
    Shuckle is one of my favorite gimmick pokemon.... It is so frustrating for the opponent that I just can't help not to laugh!
    This is my moveset for it:

Shuckle@leftovers
    Sturdy
    Any nature that lowers ATT, Sp ATT or SPD but raises DEF or Sp DEF
    DEF 252/Sp DEF 252/HP 4
    -Gyro ball
    -Power split/Power trick
    -Protect/Encore/Toxic
    -Stealth rock/Stone edge/Rock slide

We all know that shuckle has the best defenses in the game, But 20 HP cuts a little bit on it's bulk. With 10 ATT 10 Sp ATT and 5 SPD is so stupidly weak to consider it as a sweeper. Not so fast, with trick room in play, this pokemon can be deadly, it has the right tools to get the job done.
    Under trick room effect, use power split, it will give you and the opponent the same ATT and Sp ATT power, cutting the opponent's ATT and Sp ATT by half since you only have 10 Pts in each attack stat. Now the opponent can ATT as much as he likes but with defenses like yours you can dish out everything. With 5 speed, Gyro ball is an amaizing attack coming from a boosted attack stat it will hit with max power on pokemon with only 40 speed.
    Protect keeps you alive for an additional turn and stall for leftovers recovery. Encore can punish anything that try to boost it's broken attack or do something stupid. Stealth rock can be on a leading shuckle wich can be really useful for team members. Stone edge and rock slide can provide so STAB attacks to the set with weak coverage with steel but it can be worse.
    Toxic can be handy as a way to deal damage if you have power split a special sweeper seeing gyro ball is physical.
    You can use Power trick instead of Power split if you wanted obscene power in ATT especially with gyro ball that will destroy anything even 4x resistant to steel
    (230 ATT power with 150 power move... Do the maths). The downside of this is that shuckle will probably be destroyed by any priority move in the next turn. No matter how fast you are priority still strikes before you do! (If you are in trick room of course)

Note: -Trick room will not affect the effect of gyro ball as shuckle will still have that 5 base speed wich means that under trick room shuckle will always strike first except against priority moves.
    -Sturdy is necessary in this set cz it will gurantee you to use power split/power trick successfully.

Shuckle requires a lot of team support to function well as it is really slow. Trick room and rapid spin are essential for every non leading shuckle as they allow it to attack and tank better! Also shuckle appreciate sandstorm as it gives it boost in the special defense area raising it's durability. Double screens are useless on shuckle as it's defenses are already high enough but if they already exist on the field it won't be so sad!
    I ask how much Gyro Ball will do to Ferrothorn.. Bronzong.. Vaporeon.. heck, Chansey.. Rotom-W.. anything with decent defense. Power Trick is actualy really useless on Shuckle. 614 Attack after a turn of setup is pathetic, and it's Speed is pathetic.

Honestly, Regirock outclasses Shuckle defensively, as well. Tell me a reason to use Shuckle over it. It's not weak to SR, and it has better defenses.
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 7th March 2012 at 1:35 AM.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Whoaaaa!!! Relax buddy... I'm not saying shuckle is the best pokemon ever... I only presented a moveset like the others. There are tons of pokemon better than it but it can do something if you use it properly.

The list of pokemon you presented are decent counters but most of them are overused... Do anyone use shuckle in overused? Besides, after power split, even they can't do anything to it (attacking of course). The only thing that they can do is toxic shuckle.
    I said shuckle needs lots of support to use it... It's a gimmick pokemon, regirock is not, that for me my friend is enough reason to use it over regirock! What about you?
    Last edited by Rayofquazar; 7th March 2012 at 1:57 AM.

THE ROLLING STONEI'm not even gonna start with the every day I'm shucklin' name, I know it's been said. (many times, many wayyyss)
    ~Rollout/Gyro ball

~Power Trick

~Rest/Double Team

~Withdraw (Too bad he can't learn defence curl, would make rollout sooo much better)

Item: Leftovers/Quick Claw/Chesto Berry
    252 HP 252 ATK 4 Def/Spec. Def

Probably fainting looking at those EVs, but with Withdraw (saying again, defence curl would make this set better... AGH) Defence won't be a problem, especially with It's natural defences. Power trick is there for...if you are using tailwind... yeah.. or the Quick Claw, and The Rest/Double team is just to drive your opponent up the wall. Also found this on Bulbapedia, little fun fact for everyone.

A level 100 Shuckle can potentially deal the most damage in one single attack through the use of numerous stat boosters; by using Helping Hand by two different Pokémon in a Triple battle, holding a Metronome, Power Trick, a Skill Swap to Pure Power, 6 Attack boosts, and a Mimiced Me First used on a slower Pokémon using the Defense Curl/Rollout combo. Also, Shuckle's partner must have the ability Flower Gift and the weather must be sunny. On the 5th turn of using Rollout consecutively without any misses, if used against a level 1 Ledyba, Yanma or Combee with minimum Defense stats, that have been hit with negative Defense modifiers (such as Screech), it can deal 481,266,036 damage with a critical hit.
    Last edited by Melonhead215; 7th March 2012 at 1:59 AM.
    ...Well, if you think I'm gonna type my name in some rediculous swirly cursive font, well, that's not happening. At least for now.

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window" -Steve Wozniak

^Shuckle actually can learn Defense Curl, from an Emerald move tutor of all things. Not that it's a great idea, but it's there. :P

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    I ask how much Gyro Ball will do to Ferrothorn.. Bronzong.. Vaporeon.. heck, Chansey.. Rotom-W.. anything with decent defense. Power Trick is actualy really useless on Shuckle. 614 Attack after a turn of setup is pathetic, and it's Speed is pathetic.
    To be completely fair, 614 Atk after one turn of setup is pretty strong. It's the same amount of power as a Jolly SDApe at +2. The main problem is that there are other Pokemon (like SDApe) who can reach that same power or more with much less setup. Shuckle needs Trick Room to have any chance of pulling a Power Trick set off, while some other sweepers can just set up on the switch and go.

So yeah, it's not so much that Power Trick Shuckle isn't strong, just...why wouldn't you use something else?

Improved Basic Set
    @Left-overs
    Sturdy / Contrary
    Relaxed 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SpDef

- Encore
    - Rest
    - Toxic / Knock Off / Power Split / Stealth Rock
    - Toxic / Knock Off / Power Split / Stealth Rock

This set is so far the basic one. The only difference is the addition of Power Split and Contrary. Power Split ruins sweeper and would make you even bulkier while Contrary prevents Screech, Metal Sound, Swagger, Flatter etc. from bringing harm to you.

Rolling in the Deep - Gimmick Set
    @Left-overs
    Sturdy / Contrary
    Relaxed 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SpDef

- Power Trick
    - Power Split
    - Gyro Ball
    - Earthquake / Stone Edge

This set hurts... at least for few turns. Power Split ruins sweepers and raises your attack. This is good since it will help you gain bulk in Power Trick. Gyro Ball hurts a lot with abysmal speed like Shuckle. Earthquake and Stone Edge are coverage.

Partners
    For Basic Set, TTar and and Hippowdown. For gimmick set, Trick Room Team.

Countering
    Taunt and Slow Pokemons ruin Shuckle.
    Last edited by menametlg; 7th March 2012 at 3:41 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast