Thread: IV calculator (quick question)

Default IV calculator (quick question)

I'm just wondering if It will show when my IV is 30 (exact).

I read at level 20 I can get an accurate reading if I provide all information (even optional info) which I have. but so far I've hatched 15 eggs or more, all of which have had (max) 29 IV (in the stat I'm looking for; Sp. def)

5 eggs in a row were at 29 Sp. def IV.. I find it odd is all. I'm asking because a friend told me it's more of an estimate. is this true?

Do you mean that they had 29 in S.DEF in addition to their 29 in SATK? If yes, you'd better know that each of the parents may pass up to 1 IV down to the offsprings in addition to the one you'd already guaranteed with the power item. That's what may have happened with your past 5 eggs.

no, I mean I'm currently trying to get 1 egg to hatch with 30 IV in S.DEF. but the calculator keeps saying it's 29, other calcs say the same pkmn has 29-30. Serebii's calc is the only one that shows 29, instead of 29-30. So my question is, how accurate is this? will it show it as 30 when it has 30 IV in S.DEF, or will it always show 29, even if it's really 30?

On power item: If I want to make sure my (for example) female passes down the 30S.DEF IVs I should add the S.DEF power item, correct? can I add a power item to both (make & female) to make sure I get both the IVs from them?
    Last edited by 8bitOS; 27th February 2013 at 10:46 AM.

The higher the poke's level is, the more accurate the calculator evidences will be. It's as simple as that. If that's the case, just try levelling your pokemon up using rare candies [because no EVs are obtained this way so its stats stay sterile], or just type the EVs it's gained while it gains exp. until it levels up and then write it down when calculating its IVs once again.
    and no, you can't. You can only guarantee 1 stat's IV that would be passed down and the other 1 [there might be 2 that are passed randomly in addition to the one you one can guarantee but I ain't sure about that] is passed randomly from either ones of the parents [besides, when one parent guarantees 1 important IV for example, the second one can guarantee its nature if it's holding an everstone. Think about it].
    Last edited by Seven Years of Letters; 27th February 2013 at 12:08 PM.