Thread: A mobile version of Serebii.net?

Default A mobile version of Serebii.net?

When I try to check Serebii.net with my phone it says "site too large please select another link" and it takes me out of it. Will there be a cell phone version of Serebii sometime soon?
    Subscribe to me-http://www.youtube.com/seamonster73
    Follow me-http://www.twitter.com/evandeck
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeastment View Post
    Pre-Order/Back Order - Items not in stock.

Order Received - Items are in stock, they've noted your order.

Processing - This basically means that they are taking the money now, if you paid up front, i don't think you'll see this one.

Preparing Order - Your payment was successful, and they're preparing your item for dispatch.

Shipped - Duh, thats obvious.

I can view SPP fine with my iPhone.

Stop using a shitty mobile.
    Last edited by facetious; 25th May 2009 at 5:04 PM.

I'd like to add, I can also use Serebii.net with my iPod touch perfectly fine. When did you get your phone?

We did have a wap site for a while. However, as technology progressed, more and more mobile devices can utilise the internet properly and as such, there is no need for it

Quote Originally Posted by facetious View Post
    I can view SPP fine with my iPhone.

Stop using a shitty mobile.
    I phone douche a bit no? Anyway..
    While a lot of phones can view sites properly and all there are some of the low end that just cannot bring themselves to load a site. Phones with no camera or a very low resolution camera and such.
    BLAH

The serebii main site/forums, look AMAZING on Sidekicks. =)

I tend to just browse around sppf on my sidekick, while lying in bed. =3

Man, I'd be so down for a blackberry version.

FC: 3953 3550 3686

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    We did have a wap site for a while. However, as technology progressed, more and more mobile devices can utilise the internet properly and as such, there is no need for it
    Why is it then that the all of the biggest websites utilize mobile versions, then? Facebook, myspace, google, yahoo, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Locke Yggdrasill View Post
    Why is it then that the all of the biggest websites utilize mobile versions, then? Facebook, myspace, google, yahoo, etc
    It's because they are greedy and want more advertising to get more customers. This site, on the other hand, already gets way too many members.

The site is fine on cells...it depends on how old your phone is.

~@};-

Well the purpose of wap sites is to conserve data transmission for users who have limited data plans. Serebii.net is rather fond of its pictures, so if a user with a 1mb a month data plan visites a few pages on the site, they could find their plan used up for the next 30 days.

My ENV2 Can view the site with no ease.

If anyone has a 1MB a month limit...they really need to get a new provider...

I can't refute that, but i can't deny that there aren't people who are in that situation. America is, after all, going through a time of cutting back and cashsaving.

For me I got a 4GB plan for 4 euros a month with unlimited provider services such as a mobile version of messenger and a lot of sites are supported. Basically a steal if you put in the wifi as well. Anyway yeah some people do indeed have low limit plans and all. Serebii you have to see it from all the points of view but whatever. If you do not feel the need to provide a more mobile friendly wap version its okay. Just it would be better as it would be all text and all.
    BLAH

I'm sorry but checking visiting statistics, it would be a lot of work with very few benefits. The site is static. Aside from the few db driven things (the Pokedex, the Animédex, Pokéarth and the upcoming project), its all static and so conversion would take thousands of man hours and I am unwilling to do that.

As against it as you are, I think you should consider that for a project. Dynamic is the life of the web nowadays. Your site is massive. Your site is popular. Your site is also becoming out dated. I'm glad your recent projects are database driven, but i think you should consider revamping old things. Surely it would take thousands of hours, but only a fool would attempt to do it by himself. You've got a few willing and able people on your staff, why not assign bits and pieces of it to them?

My iPhone can view it properly, just kinda glitchy, but works perfectly.

Actually this site is fine as it is. But a mobile site would be easy to navigate through. Its not like everyone has a tablet to view the site perfectly. Also there are sites who provide mobile versions for some other site. But taking away pics would just drain away everything. A plan of 1 mb a month is too small. Either change your provider or find another site. I personally use 25 mb per day or even more... I would appreciate a mobile site...