Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 404 Error

First, I'd like to apologize for not getting this chapter done by the end of January, as was my intention. A combination of schoolwork and sheer laziness is to blame for this. So, without further ado, here we are, Chapter 24!

Chapter 24: Operation: Eevee Rescue
    ~~~~~~~~

The rest of that night went with relatively little incident. Not that Red noticed- so astonished by Orange and Violet's unexpected and sudden kiss was he that he barely registered anything else that happened that evening. Orange seemed to be in a similar state of shock, though also in a considerably happier mood.

"Whoa," Red stated as Orange sat down next to him on one of the beds in their room in the Nodacel Pokémon Center the following morning. "Just... Whoa."

"I know, right?" Orange replied, grinning widely. "I mean, I think I kinda always knew that I... But I never dreamed that she... You know?"

Despite him having not finished either of those sentences, Red nodded. He didn't need Orange to finish what he was saying. He of course never even had the slightest notion that Violet and Orange would actually be in love with each other.

At that moment, Violet strolled into the room. "Come on," she said to Orange and Red. "Breakfast time." She looked more cheerful than Red could remember seeing her, and as Orange walked out the door into the hallway, he and Violet exchanged a quick kiss.

At the table, Red looked on in amazement as Orange and Violet pushed their seats closer to each other. They even ordered the same breakfast- whole wheat zero toast with six jelly. It was the first time Red ever saw Orange eat anything other than fried nines.

"Mmm," Orange said as he bit into his toast. "This is good stuff right here. It's no plate of fried nines, but still, this is some good stuff!"

"I know, right?" smiled Violet. "Kept telling you, you should try stuff other than fried nines."

"Well, you were right," declared Orange.

Red stared at this in amazement, barely touching his fried nines. It was as though Violet and Orange had transformed into different people.

"So," said Red, "I'm guessing the fight last night-"

"Water under the bridge," said Violet dismissively.

"Forgiven, forgotten," added Orange.

"Good, good," nodded Red. "I always hate to see you two fight."

"Well, I got a feeling you won't have to worry about that anymore," Orange grinned as he and Violet kissed once more.

"This isn't weirding you out, though, is it, Red?" Violet asked. "I mean, me and Orange-"

"It was, a little, at first," Red admitted. "But I'm getting used to it. Honestly, I'm happy for you two." In honesty, Red was still trying to fully wrap his head around the whole idea, but it wasn't bothering him too much.

Just then, they heard a commotion from the main lobby. Quickly, Red grabbed a bag from a passing Chansey and packed up his unfinished fried nines before following Orange and Violet into the lobby. There, a large, muscular man in a karate outfit was storming around, ranting something about rotten thieves.

"What's going on?" Red asked.

"This man's Pokemon got stolen from him," replied Orange. "He says Team Debug was behind it."

"Of course," groaned Red. "It's always gotta be something to do with one of those insane groups."

"Sir, please, calm down," the nurse was saying to the distraught man.

"Calm down?!" he roared. "Calm down?!?! How do you expect me to calm down?! Those rotten Team Debug crooks made off with my Eevee! Those are extremely rare!"

"An Eevee?" said Violet, sounding mildly intrigued. "He's right, those aren't all that common." Meanwhile, Red opened up his Pokédex as an image of a small, brown, furry creature appeared on the screen.

"Eevee, the Evolution Pokémon," droned the device. "Eevee's genetic code is irregular. It can evolve in different ways depending on the evolution stone used on it."

"We gotta do something about this," Red said at once. "Even if they call the police, how successful have they been in the past with these jerks?"

"He's got an excellent point," Orange said to Violet. "Let's go."

Orange and Violet exited the Pokémon Center as Red approached the man. "Excuse me, sir," said Red. "Where exactly did this happen, anyway? And which way did you see those Team Debug grunts go?"

"It was just outside Nodacel Mansion," replied the man. "They took off in the direction of the Game Corner. It's the bright and flashy building, you can't miss it. Please, get my Eevee back," he added. "It's just a baby, who knows what those crooks will do to it?"

Red nodded and dashed out of the Pokémon Center. He looked around for Orange and Violet, and then sighed as he saw the two of them kissing again.

"Ahem," said Red. At this, Orange and Violet broke apart and looked at Red, both of them grinning. "Sorry to break that up, guys, but the guy says he saw the Team Debug crooks run towards the Game Corner."

"Oh, I think I know where that is," nodded Orange. "Saw that map of the city back in the Pokémon Center a little while ago. C'mon."

With Orange leading the way, they ran off, and after several minutes of dashing over concrete, rock, grass, threes, sevens, and pine cones, they arrived at a one-story building constructed out of small trees, fives, eights, roofing tiles, and walls of rock. The fives and eights were flashing red, blue, and green, giving the structure a flashy appearance.

"This must be the place," Red remarked as he pushed open the giant pair of sevens that appeared to function as doors. Immediately, a cacophony of various sounds met their ears as they were greeted with the sight of many people sitting at slot machines, inserting coins and pulling handles. On occasion, alarm bells and the sound of a machine expelling large quantities of coins could be heard, accompanied by much cheering.

"Man, this place is huge," Red whispered. "We might have to split up to- are you freaking kidding me?" For as he was speaking, he turned to face Orange and Violet, only to find the two of them kissing yet again.

"Sorry, Red," Orange said sheepishly as he and Violet broke apart. "I- hey, isn't that a Team Debug grunt right there?" Red looked in the direction Orange was pointing, and sure enough, he saw the all-too-familiar white uniform. The man in the uniform was standing right in front of a poster hanging on the wall, and scowling at anyone who got too close.

"Is he... is he guarding a poster?" chuckled Violet.

"Yeah," replied Orange, also chuckling. "Completely inconspicuous. Nothing suspicious about that at all right?" This elicited laughter from Red and Violet, and at the same time, all three of them started walking towards the Debug Grunt.

"Excuse me," Red said as they approached him. "I-"

"I'm guarding this poster!" interrupted the grunt. "Go away, or else!"

"You're guarding... a poster," Red stated. "Seriously?"

"Uh..." the grunt sweatdropped, apparently only just starting to realize the ridiculous and suspicious nature of what he had just said. "Uh... No?"

"Yeah, too late for that," smirked Violet. "Why are you guarding a poster?"

"...it could fall off?" said the grunt. Red, Orange, and Violet all exchanged highly amused looks.

"OK, how about you just step aside for a moment-" began Red.

"Zubat!!" interrupted the grunt, who had produced and thrown a Poké Ball so fast that Violet missed it because she blinked at exactly the wrong moment. "Go!"

The trio hastily stepped back as the ball burst open, unleashing the small blue Poison/Flying-type into the air. The Zubat flapped its leathery wings constantly, staying airborne, and baring its sharp fangs.

"Looks like this joker wants to make a fight of it," stated Orange as he clutched a Poké Ball of his own. "Nidoking, go!" he shouted as he threw the ball.

In front of Orange, the large, imposing, spike-covered Nidoking materialized, roaring loudly as he faced his fellow Poison-type.

"Zubat! Supersonic!" commanded the Debug grunt.

"Nidoking, Water Gun!" Orange ordered.

As Zubat began to unleash a volley of soundwaves from its mouth, Nidoking blasted a stream of water from his own mouth. The water struck Zubat, forcing it to stop its attack. "Baaaaat!" it screeched.

"Take Down now!" the grunt shouted.

"Nidoking! Aurora Beam attack!" yelled Orange.

Flapping its wings furiously, Zubat lunged forward... flying right into the rainbow-colored ray of light now pouring out of Nidoking's mouth. The Bat Pokémon shrieked and screeched in discomfort at the Ice-type move, and then fell to the floor, twitching pathetically.

"Zubat, return!" the grunt shouted, holding out the ball, the button aimed at Zubat. Once Zubat had been sucked back into the sphere, the grunt muttered, "The hideout could be discovered-"

"Hideout?" asked Orange.

"What secret switch?!" the grunt exclaimed, nearly jumping a foot in the air. Then, he realized his mistake and added, "Uh... I mean... Um... Bye!" With that, he dashed off and ran around a corner. Red ran after him, but as he rounded the corner, he saw that the grunt was nowhere to be seen.

"Alright," said Orange as Red walked back over to the poster. "Let's see what that Team Debug moron was really guarding." He lifted the poster away from the wall, revealing a large red button set into the wall.

"Well, there's your secret switch," commented Red. "What do you guys say? Should we push it?"

Orange shrugged. "Sounds good to me. Vi?"

"I'd like to see what it does," nodded Violet. With that, Orange pressed the button. Immediately, a whooshing noise sounded from just around the corner. The trio walked over to the source of the noise, only now, Red could see a large doorway built into the wall that certainly hadn't been there twenty seconds ago.

"Whoa," Red said, pointing at the large square hole in the wall. "That's definitely new."

"You sure?" asked Orange.

"Positive," nodded Red.

With that, Violet led the way through, and down a flight of stairs. They found themselves in a dimly lit corridor with steel walls.

"I'll say it again; whoa," Red whispered.
    ~~~~~~~~
    The dimly lit corridor was long, with many twists and turns. Violet led the way down the hall, and they eventually came to a larger, more open room, in which another Team Debug grunt was standing. The trio made to hide, but the grunt spotted them.

"Stop! Intruders!" he bellowed as he threw a Poké Ball. "Go get them, Grimer!"

In a flash of light, a large, living pile of purple sludge materialized. "Griiimer," it exclaimed. Violet shuddered at the sight of the Poison-type, and this spurred Orange into action.

"Q, let's go!" Orange exclaimed as he threw a Poké Ball of his own, unleashing the Deep Sea Pokémon into the air.

"Ugh!" the grunt said in disgust. "Grimer, use your Sludge attack!"

"Q, Water Gun!" Orange ordered.

Simultaneously, both Pokémon fired off streams of liquid at each other- Grimer launched a steady stream of smelly black gunk, and Q blasted a stream of water. The attacks collided in midair, each one cancelling the other out.

"Now use your Headbutt attack, Q!" said Orange.

"Grimer, Harden attack!" commanded the Team Debug grunt.

Grimer seemed to freeze in place, but was thrown back nevertheless as Q rammed into it. The Poison-type hit the floor with a loud clanging noise, but quickly regained its more oozy state as it righted itself.

"Let's wrap this up," smirked Orange. "Confusion!"

"Kyuuuuu," sang Q as it unleashed a pale blue ray from one of the top corners of its cube-shaped body, and as the Psychic-type move hit Grimer, the super effective blow proved to be more than the Sludge Pokémon could handle.

"Grimer, return," grumbled the grunt as he held out the Poké Ball. "You know, I could still punch you all out," he snapped at the group. "There's no reason my loss in a Pokémon battle means I gotta back down."

"Well," said Red as he took a Poké Ball off his belt, "there's the fact that there is nothing to protect you from Charizard's Flamethrower. How's that for a reason?"

"That's a damn good reason," the grunt replied as he slowly backed away from the group, though still eyeing them resentfully.

"Now you're getting it," smirked Orange. "Now, why don't you tell us what you know about an Eevee that was brought in here?"

The grunt shook his head. "I don't know anything about nothing like that."

Red held Charizard's Poké Ball higher still. "You sure about that?" he asked.

"Yes, I am!" the grunt insisted. "It's a big hideout. A one-Pokémon heist isn't exactly news that reaches the entire organization right away."

"Fine," sighed Red. "Let's keep going, guys."

The group continued on. Along hallways, through rooms, down flights of stairs. All the while, they encountered numerous Team Debug grunts, but the battles were usually almost pitifully short. Red's Raticate made short work of one grunt's Machop, in spite of the type disadvantage; Violet expertly commanded Flutters to victory against another grunt's Venonat and Wigglytuff; Orange's A made excellent use of Transform to take out not only another grunt's Gloom, but also the Shellder which followed it. And after each fight, either Red, Orange, or Violet would demand to know where the Eevee was, and each and every time, the grunt would deny knowing anything, even while under threat of being roasted by a Charizard, blown up by a .4, or poisoned by a Weezing.

"This is getting us nowhere," sighed Red as they rounded a corner, only to come face to face with yet another grunt- this one, however, leapt about a foot in the air.

"You!" he exclaimed before turning around and running off. Almost instantly, the group broke into a run, giving chase.

"Flutters!" Violet shouted, holding up a Poké Ball as she ran. "Stun Spore!"

Immediately, the Butterfree that emerged from the sphere flew at great speeds until it was right above the Team Debug grunt. "Freeh, freeh!" it chattered as it flapped its wings, scattering a yellow powder from them. The grunt collapsed to the floor, struggling to move. With this development, Red, Orange, and Violet caught up to him extremely easily.

"Gah!" the grunt exclaimed as he shakily tried and failed to climb to his feet. "What do you punks want from me?!"

"The Eevee you stole will do just fine," said Orange.

"Heh," chuckled the grunt. "You think I still have that thing? You wasted your time, I already gave it to the boss."

"You're lying," smirked Violet.

"And what makes you say that?" the grunt demanded.

"Maybe the second Poké Ball on your belt," Orange stated. "If that contained anything that was truly yours, you wouldn't have only come at us with a Zubat, but if there's, oh, say, a stolen Eevee, you wouldn't risk it, would you?"

The grunt remained silent for a few moments before muttering a selection of swearwords under his breath.

"I'll take that as a yes," Orange smirked as he swiped the ball off the grunt's belt. The trio then started walking back the way they came, leaving the grunt on the floor.

"Hold on," Red said. "We should make sure that's really the Eevee before we get out of here. I mean, you two... that was awesome back there, but still, we gotta be sure."

"No, you're right," nodded Orange as he enlarged the Poké Ball and tossed it into the air. The flash of light that emerged from within formed itself into the same brown furry quadruped Red had seen on his Pokédex screen earlier, except this one looked a lot more frightened.

"Vee..." squeaked the Eevee timidly, trying to shrink away from the trio.

"It's OK, Eevee," whispered Orange as he knelt down. "We're here to save you, take you back to your owner, OK?"

Eevee's ears perked up somewhat at this, though it still looked nervous. Cautiously, it walked towards Orange, peering curiously up at him. After a moment, Orange gently scooped Eevee into his arms, and the Normal-type raised no objections to this. Then, the group continued walking back the way they came. Along the way, various Team Debug grunts scowled at them, but as they had previously been defeated in battle, they could do nothing to impede the trio's progress. At last, they came to the staircase which would lead them right back up into the Game Corner...

"Stop right there!"

Red groaned as he, Orange, and Violet simultaneously turned around at the sound of two men shouting at them simultaneously. Sure enough, a pair of Team Debug grunts were storming up to them, and they were very familiar with this duo.

"Not you guys again," Orange snapped.

"Yeah, we really don't have time for this nonsense," added Violet.

"Well, too bad," growled Will as he and Lou each produced and threw a Poké Ball. "Tangela! Go!"

"Primeape, I choose you!" Lou called out.

The Poké Balls opened up simultaneously. Will's Tangela materialized, but Lou's Pokémon was one he hadn't had before. It was built like the Mankey they had seen him use before, only with no tail, thicker arms and legs, odd metal rings around the wrists and ankles, and it looked considerably more angry. Orange held out his Pokédex.

"Primeape, the Pig Monkey Pokémon, and the evolved form of Mankey," droned the device. "Primeape is constantly furious. It gives chase to anything which angers it, and will not stop until its target is caught."

Red readied a Poké Ball, but before he could do anything, Orange and Violet had each thrown one of their own Poké Balls simultaneously.

"Go, A!" Orange shouted.

"Go, Skulls!" Violet exclaimed.

Materializing opposite Tangela and Primeape were Skulls, Violet's Weezing, and Orange's A. The Poison-type glared at the Grass-type with both heads, and the Normal/Normal-type floated motionlessly across from the furious Fighting-type.

"Tangela, use your Vine Whip on that abomination!" Will yelled.

"Primeape! Mega Punch!" Lou commanded.

"OK, Skulls, Sludge attack now!" Violet ordered.

"A, let's speed up with TM40!" said Orange.

Tangela sprouted a pair of vines from the tangled mass that was its body, and as they snaked towards A, the Speed Demon Pokémon zoomed forward, delivering a light blow to Tangela which, while not very damaging, seemed to result in a boost to A's speed. Meanwhile, Primeape lunged at Skulls, fist at the ready, only to be shot down by twin streams of sludge from the Weezing's mouths.

"Tangela, Skull Bash now!" called Will.

"Sludge attack again, Skulls!" Violet ordered.

"Primeape, Thrash!" yelled Lou.

"A, use your Razor Wind!" Orange ordered.

Skulls blasted another pair of sludge streams, but Tangela jumped out of the way, then rammed into A just as Primeape approached and started punching and kicking.

"A! No!" Orange exclaimed as the Speed Demon Pokémon collapsed to the floor. Just then, they heard a growling noise. Orange looked around in confusion for a moment before realizing that it was coming from his arms- more specifically, the Eevee he was holding in them. Eevee was snarling at the Team Debug grunts, and was now trying frantically to get out of Orange's arms.

"Eevee, no," Orange said warningly. "We can't take the chance, we gotta get you back to your trainer." Eevee shook its head vehemently, however, and jumped out of Orange's grip, assuming an aggressive pose and growling at Primeape and Tangela. Will and Lou glanced at each other, and burst out laughing.

"Orange, I'm not sure this is a good idea," Violet muttered.

"Neither am I," sighed Orange. "But Eevee seems to be be about as stubborn as I am, and you know what? This might just be crazy enough to work. Vi, don't get Skulls involved unless it's absolutely necessary, OK?" He then took out his Pokédex, and pulled up a list of the Eevee's attacks. "OK, Eevee, you ready to do this?" he called.

"Vee!" replied the Eevee with a nod.

"OK, playtime's over," grinned Lou. "Primeape, Submission attack!"

"Tangela, Skull Bash!" added Will.

"Eevee! Reflect!" ordered Orange.

"Vee Eevee!" squealed Eevee as a translucent dome of energy formed all around it. Primeape and Tangela both bounced off almost comically.

"Wow," Red remarked, surprise evident in his expression. "That wasn't bad at all."

"Now use your Quick Attack, Eevee!" Orange exclaimed.

Will and Lou's spluttered and stammered commands for Slam and Mega Punch respectively went unheeded as Eevee charged at a high speed, ramming into Primeape and Tangela, both of whom were still trying to pick themselves up, and sent them flying backwards.

"Follow up with Swift!" Orange shouted, clearly on a roll.

"Veeeeee hee hee hee!" exclaimed Eevee as a barrage of glowing stars erupted from its open mouth, pelting both Primeape and Tangela. Much as they tried to evade the move, the stars always changed direction to close in on their targets.

"Come on, Primeape!" exclaimed Lou.

"Tangela, get that Eevee!" Will shouted.

"Eevee, use Substitute!" said Orange.

Eevee closed its eyes and focused, and an exact duplicate of it materialized directly in front of it. As Primeape closed in on Eevee, ready to deliver a Mega Punch, the Substitute jumped in the path of the attack at the last second, taking the attack itself.

"Gah!" Lou exclaimed. "Stupid substitute!"

"It can't be in two places at once!" Will replied. "Tangela, Vine Whip!"

"Primeape, Mega Punch again!" ordered Lou, catching on.

However, Will was very quickly proven wrong. Though Primeape and Tangela approached from opposite sides, and simultaneously as well, the Substitute started glowing, and split into two. When the glowing faded, it was now two smaller Substitutes, and each one took one of the attacks before both halves vanished in puffs of smoke.

"Eevee, now!" Orange ordered. "Hit Tangela with your Quick Attack!"

Eevee growled as it charged forward, and ran in a circle to approach Tangela from behind, sending the Grass-type flying right into Primeape. Both Pokémon collapsed to the floor, neither one of them moving any more.

"Damn it!" Will and Lou grunted simultaneously as they withdrew their Pokemon. They then produced two more Poké Balls, but Eevee shot off another Swift attack, the stars knocking the Poké Balls out of the grunts' hands before they even got to enlarge them.

"I suggest you get out now," Orange stated. "You don't want another Swift attack, do you? I don't think Eevee is gonna even let you open those Poké Balls.

"Vee Eevee," nodded Eevee in agreement.

Will and Lou exchanged glances, then scooped up their dropped Poké Balls and fled past the trio and down the hall.

"This isn't the last you've seen of us, twerps!" shouted Lou. "We will meet again!"

"Yeah, I'm sorry to say we probably will," sighed Red. "C'mon, guys, let's keep moving," he added as he climbed the stairs.

Once they were out of the Game Corner and back in the Nodacel Pokémon Center, the trio found themselves immediately greeted by the Eevee's trainer, who was nothing short of thrilled to see Orange hand him his brown, furry Normal-type, as well as the Poké Ball for it.

"Oh, thank you! Thank you!!" the man exclaimed. "Eevee, say thank you to the nice people, OK?"

"Vee," squealed Eevee as it gave Orange a long look. The trainer took notice of this, and then looked at Orange.

"Hey-" began the trainer.

"It was nothing," Orange said modestly. "Just glad to have gotten Eevee back to you safe and sound."

"No, not that, it's... I think Eevee's taken a liking to you," the man stated. Sure enough, Eevee nodded vigorously in agreement with this statement.

"Well, I kinda did use it in battle down there," admitted Orange. "I mean, I didn't want to, but Eevee sort of insisted."

"Yeah, that sounds like Eevee, all right," chuckled the man. "But... How would you like to take care of Eevee?"

"Me?" Orange asked in surprise. Eevee reacted to this by jumping out of its trainer's arms and into Orange's arms. "But didn't you just get through worrying about Eevee?"

"Well, yeah, because it was in the hands of criminals," the trainer replied. "But you, you're a capable trainer, and Eevee clearly likes you. I know I'll have nothing to worry about. Come on. I insist."

Orange sighed. "Well, if you say so, then... welcome to the team, Eevee."

"Vee!" Eevee squealed happily as it placed its front paws up on Orange's chest in order to reach up and lick his face. Orange laughed as this was happening, as did Violet, Red, the nurse, Eevee's now former trainer, and anyone else who happened to be looking at the time.
    ~~~~~~~~
    "Alright, so where to now?" asked Red.

"Well, we might as well try the west entrance to Fansfor City," Violet suggested. "Maybe we'll get lucky with this one."

"I'm with Violet," nodded Orange. He and Violet smiled at each other and shared a brief kiss. Red gave a small sigh, and the two broke apart.

"What's up, Red?" asked Violet.

"Nothing, it's nothing," Red sighed. "It's just... I dunno, with you two going out now, I'm afraid I might start seeming like... kinda like a third wheel, you know?"

"Oh, Red," said Orange. "You'll never be just a third wheel, you're our friend- hell, you're the reason me and Vi started traveling together in the first place! And if we weren't traveling together, then we might never have gotten together."

"Orange is right," Violet nodded. "We got you to thank for this, Red. Besides, you're a good friend to have around."

Red smiled. "Thanks, guys," he said. "And I gotta say, I'm liking this, traveling through Tanko with you guys. All right, let's get to Fansfor City!"

With that, the trio set off down the aluminum siding path which led to the west gatehouse which separated them from Fansfor City.
    ~~~~~~~~
    End of Chapter 24.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 9th February 2013 at 2:03 AM.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 10 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Overall, this was a good chapter. Some nice development for Violet and Orange, though I agree with Red that their ... affection for each other is a little much at times.

I was kinda hoping that they would at least meet the Team Debug boss, I was looking forward to that. I suppose there's still plenty of time for that, but I was almost certain it would be when they entered the Game Corner base.

I liked how you had one of the grunts stand up to them after being defeated. I mean, in the games there's no reason why they all couldn't just force you out of the base by sheer force, they are adults after all, and they're up against children. I found that scene quite enjoyable and a smack to the face of the logic of the games. Though I'm glad the threat of being fried was enough to get him to back off.

Keep up the good work, MM.

Knightfall signing off...

Quote Originally Posted by Knightfall View Post
    Overall, this was a good chapter. Some nice development for Violet and Orange, though I agree with Red that their ... affection for each other is a little much at times.
    They'll tone things down somewhat eventually.

I was kinda hoping that they would at least meet the Team Debug boss, I was looking forward to that. I suppose there's still plenty of time for that, but I was almost certain it would be when they entered the Game Corner base.
    Oh, don't worry. You'll see the Team Debug boss eventually. I know exactly what I plan to do in that area. Same with the Team Error boss.

I liked how you had one of the grunts stand up to them after being defeated. I mean, in the games there's no reason why they all couldn't just force you out of the base by sheer force, they are adults after all, and they're up against children. I found that scene quite enjoyable and a smack to the face of the logic of the games. Though I'm glad the threat of being fried was enough to get him to back off.
    Yeah, my logic with that scenario always was, if you were the bad guy, and all your Pokemon were taken out, are you really going to antagonize someone who could easily sic a Monferno or Gyarados on you, little kid or otherwise?

Keep up the good work, MM.

Knightfall signing off...
    I will, thanks!

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

HEya!
    I thought when butterfree said "Freeeh, Freeh," It said Fresh fresh.
    They say if you press cntrl and W you get to see the programming of a website after making a signature with 3 ws and 8qs
    Fanfics I like that are still in production: Author's Run, Pokémon emerald the better version

This the aquabats song awesome forces:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx4sL0w3SHM
    and here is their song shark fighter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wchrctxFo

I NEED A BETA READER!
    Check out my fic.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...2#post14945242

"A, let's speed up with TM40!" said ORange.

OR. Overall, awesome chapter!

This was a pretty good chapter, although I have to agree... Orange and Violet are too affectionate at times.

Oh, also     Spoiler:

lol at the logic of why bad guys can't just force you out or something. But what about those Hikers who spend weeks, months, even years in the middle of a cave and never move?
    I have discovered what a signature is.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I've claimed Castform. It will never rain on my parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-nogyroP View Post
    This was a pretty good chapter, although I have to agree... Orange and Violet are too affectionate at times.
    Yeah, they are, aren't they? Well, like I say, they'll tone it down a bit eventually.

Oh, also     Spoiler:
        Spoiler:

lol at the logic of why bad guys can't just force you out or something. But what about those Hikers who spend weeks, months, even years in the middle of a cave and never move?
    Makes sense, though, am I right? As for the Hikers, I pretty much just assumed they were crazy.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Wow... Nice chapter. I do agree with Knightfall and Z-nogyroP though. Violet and Orange's affection definitely was a little too much at times, but I did find it kind of funny how Red was constantly getting annoyed with it. I saw your reply to them regarding the situation though so yeah...

I liked seeing the trio finally go to the game corner and I thought that they would probably end up fighting the boss or something. Now I'm starting to wonder where Team Error's hideout is. Maybe they'll be the ones that take over Silph Co.? And Orange got an Eevee, yay! I really want it to evolve into a Vaporeon but I don't see that happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    "Alright," said Orange as Red walked back over to the poster. "Let's see what that Team Debug moron was really guarding/" He lifted the poster away from the wall, revealing a large red button set into the wall.
    Supposed to be a period there not a slash (or whatever it is)

"A, let's speed up with TM40!" said ORange.
    And the 'R' is capitalized there.

Anyways, keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Shadow_Zorua; 8th February 2013 at 10:58 PM. Reason: I felt like it
        Spoiler:- Team Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Zorua View Post
    Wow... Nice chapter. I do agree with Knightfall and Z-nogyroP though. Violet and Orange's affection definitely was a little too much at times, but I did find it kind of funny how Red was constantly getting annoyed with it. I saw your reply to them regarding the situation though so yeah...
    Glad you liked the chapter.

I liked seeing the trio finally go to the game corner and I thought that they would probably end up fighting the boss or something. Now I'm starting to wonder where Team Error's hideout is. Maybe they'll be the ones that take over Silph Co.? And Orange got an Eevee, yay! I really want it to evolve into a Vaporeon but I don't see that happening...
    We'll be seeing more of Team Error in the chapters to come, for sure. And as for the boss... Well, you'll see what I have in mind when the time comes.

And I will not say anything regarding the evolution of Orange's Eevee at this time.

Supposed to be a period there not a slash (or whatever it is)

And the 'R' is capitalized there.

Anyways, keep up the good work!
    Mistakes have been fixed, thanks for catching those.

I already started work on the next chapter, and it's looking good so far. My schedule this semester is significantly less hectic than it's been in the past, so I'm hoping this will mean I'll be able to keep the chapters coming at a reasonable pace. I can't say when the next chapter will be done just yet, but if I continue at the pace I'm going right now, within the week would not be an implausible estimate. Don't get your hopes up, of course, I can't make any promises right now.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

I've noticed that this affection deal not only happened with Orange and Violet; it also happened with Jack and Misty, etc. It's not a bad thing for them to have intimate moments every now and then, but the way you do it, it's like pepperoni on a pizza. That's known as fluff, which is commonly frowned upon.

I don't mean to be a negative Nancy, but there's a limit.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah the Slaking View Post
    I've noticed that this affection deal not only happened with Orange and Violet; it also happened with Jack and Misty, etc. It's not a bad thing for them to have intimate moments every now and then, but the way you do it, it's like pepperoni on a pizza. That's known as fluff, which is commonly frowned upon.

I don't mean to be a negative Nancy, but there's a limit.
    You do raise a good point. As I said, though, in this case I do intend to tone down their affection towards each other as time passes.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Oh, also, due to Orange and Violet's dating, I can't use my best pun, which would only make sense around chapters, uh, 12-19 now.

Spoiler:

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Good chapter, as usual. Sorry for ze late respone (life's been hectic recently)
    Spotted no mistakes

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Great chapter. Like someone noted earlier, Jack and Misty seemed to have the same kind of relationship. Try changing things up this time and have the characters show their feelings for each other in a way that is not making out.

EDIT: And I don't mean to make it MORE intimate, since I feel someone is going to make a joke about "a way that is not making out"
    Last edited by jeffdavid102; 12th February 2013 at 9:16 PM.

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

Oh, also, due to Orange and Violet's dating, I can't use my best pun, which would only make sense around chapters, uh, 12-19 now.

Spoiler:
    YES!! Aw, that's a shame you can't use that pun.

Quote Originally Posted by SneaselFTW View Post
    Good chapter, as usual. Sorry for ze late respone (life's been hectic recently)
    Spotted no mistakes
    Don't worry about it, I understand life can be hectic. I don't mind late responses. Hell, anyone who wants to comment on a previous chapter, go right ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdavid102 View Post
    Great chapter. Like someone noted earlier, Jack and Misty seemed to have the same kind of relationship. Try changing things up this time and have the characters show their feelings for each other in a way that is not making out.

EDIT: And I don't mean to make it MORE intimate, since I feel someone is going to make a joke about "a way that is not making out"
    No, I see what you mean, don't worry. They'll be toning things down.

I'm sorry to say I haven't made as much progress on the next chapter as I'd hoped to. It's coming along, though, count on that. I'll be working on it today. Can't say when it'll be done just yet. Might even be today, though I feel obligated to remind you all to not get your hopes up for that, as nothing's definite at the moment.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Awwww... Evee got in on the battle. That was cute.

Good job explaining why Team Debug let the kids through.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Hello! Remember me M.M.? It's been a while since I commented. Life's been busy lately, (stupid junior year of High school). Anyways, I've been caught up on your story, and I'd like to say three things. Firstly, YES!!!! Charizard son! Best pokemon ever!!!!! Ok fan boy moment over. Secondly, I would like it to be mentioned that I was the first person to mention the relationship that would eventually happen between Orange and Violet, I officially coin Glitchshipping as cannon! Haha. Anyways, last thing is that I almost feel bad for Red. I always saw the Orange and Violet relationship coming.....but I always actually kinda wanted Red to end up with Violet and have a jealous Orange.... poor lonely Red. Lol, oh well. Anyways, I'm glad to be back, and I look forward to reading more of this story as it's released. Bye!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Christianity is a Relationship with our true God, Jesus. It's not a Religion. Copy and paste If you agree

Registeel is mine, yay!

Adventure of Adventureness & Awesome of Awesomeness: Smashing the 4th wall into gazillion pieces since 2010.

I'm looking for the following pokemon.
    Mew, Ho-oh, Registeel, Regigigas, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Manaphy, Phione, Shaymin, and Xerneas. Please pm me if you're interested in trading.

Quote Originally Posted by pacman000 View Post
    Awwww... Evee got in on the battle. That was cute.

Good job explaining why Team Debug let the kids through.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePokemonExpert View Post
    Hello! Remember me M.M.? It's been a while since I commented. Life's been busy lately, (stupid junior year of High school). Anyways, I've been caught up on your story, and I'd like to say three things. Firstly, YES!!!! Charizard son! Best pokemon ever!!!!! Ok fan boy moment over. Secondly, I would like it to be mentioned that I was the first person to mention the relationship that would eventually happen between Orange and Violet, I officially coin Glitchshipping as cannon! Haha. Anyways, last thing is that I almost feel bad for Red. I always saw the Orange and Violet relationship coming.....but I always actually kinda wanted Red to end up with Violet and have a jealous Orange.... poor lonely Red. Lol, oh well. Anyways, I'm glad to be back, and I look forward to reading more of this story as it's released. Bye!
    Glad to see you back! And I had intended for Violet and Orange to get together from the start, by the way. I tried to not make it seem so obvious, though of course you were the first of many to guess. I still never commented on that, though, I wanted to keep you all guessing until the time came to make it happen.

I'm working on the next chapter right now- about time, I know, I'm sorry, but between life and laziness, I just haven't been writing all that much. Plus, I did finally manage to get that final extra chapter for The Adventure of Adventureness done, and that was way overdue. Anyway, this is actually going pretty well. I won't say it'll be out tonight, but I won't say it won't... Depends on how things go, I guess. Expect it at some point this weekend, though, count on that.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Chapter 25: Mind Over Battle
    ~~~~~~~~

As the trio continued onward, the aluminum siding path gradually giving way to one made mostly of rocks, grass, and square puddles of water, they arrived at a large building that would have been slightly more imposing were it not constructed entirely out of plastic. A fence consisting of all sorts of numbers stretched far on either side of the building. The staircase which led to the east-west bridge was right nearby.

"Fourth time's the charm?" Red said hopefully.

"It better be," Orange stated, leading the way inside. As they fully expected, a pudgy security guard sat behind a counter inside, and shook his head as they tried to pass.

"No, no no no," he said to them. "Road's closed."

"Alright, listen here," Orange stated as he stepped up to the guard. "I don't give a Raticate's rear end if you're hungry or not, it is no excuse to keep all roads leading into a major city closed! Now, you will let myself, my friend, and my girlfriend through right now, or you and I are gonna have problems."

"You watch your tone, boy," growled the guard. "I-" he broke off at that moment, sniffing at the air. "Mmm," he remarked. "Fried nines."

"Oh, yeah!" Red said suddenly as he reached into his backpack and pulled out the paper bag containing what remained of his breakfast. "I almost forgot about these. We were in such a hurry, remember, guys? Didn't want these to go to waste."

"Hey, here's a deal for you," the guard said, hungrily eyeing the bag. "You give me the fried nines, I'll let you through. In fact, I'll share them with the other guards. Gotta love those fried nines."

"I can't argue with that logic," shrugged Red as he handed the bag to the guard.

"All right!" exclaimed the guard as he took a fried nine out of the bag and bit into it, clearly savoring the flavor. "Mmmm," he sighed contentedly as he chewed. "Oh, that's good," he said after swallowing. "Yeah, if you guys want to get to Fansfor City, go right ahead. Sorry for the trouble."

"Thanks," grinned Red. "C'mon, guys, let's- OK, really?" For as he was speaking, he turned to look at Orange and Violet, only to see them kissing once more.

"Sorry, Red," Orange grinned sheepishly as he and Violet broke apart. "Sometimes we just look at each other, and the rest just kinda happens on its own."

"Right," sighed Red. "Why don't we just get moving?"

Fansfor City was a very large place. Many houses lined the wooden streets, built out of all manner of random materials, such as concrete, sheet metal, rocks, and bowling trophies. One house appeared to have been knit entirely out of wool, a sight which greatly surprised Red, even given how used to this world he was getting. There also appeared to be no freeze arches anywhere in the city. They wandered around the city for about twenty minutes before locating the Pokémon Center.

"Alright, so, let's get moving after this, get to the Fansfor Gym," Violet stated as the nurse walked to the healing machine with their Poké Balls. "You guys with me on this?"

"You know it, Vi," grinned Orange.

"Same here," nodded Red. "What type does the Gym Leader use again?"

"Psychic," answered Orange. "So, what are we thinking in terms of strategy?"

"Not sure," sighed Violet. "Psychic Pokémon are some of the toughest out there. They tend to be amazing when dishing out and taking special attacks, a lot of them are fast, and it's only weak to Bug. Not a lot of Bug-type attacks out there.

"Well, I know one Pokémon I'm using," said Red. "Parasect's Leech Life is bound to be useful here.

"I'm thinking of fighting Psychic with Psychic," said Orange. "Q will be great in there, I'm sure of it, and I'm thinking A's Transform will come in handy, too."

Violet sighed. "Migraine and Flutters are the only members of my team not weak to Psychic moves," she said. "This will be tough if the Gym Leader uses more than two Pokémon."

"Type advantage isn't everything," Orange responded. "Tombstone, Chompy, and Skulls are strong Pokémon, Vi, and we've all overcome type disadvantages before."

"Yeah," grinned Violet as the nurse returned with their Pokémon. "Then let's do this."
    ~~~~~~~~
    Seventeen minutes later, the group found themselves looking up at a large and imposing building. The exterior appeared to be constructed entirely out of shiny metal spoons. One gigantic wooden spoon was hung across the front of the building, just above the double doors (which were made out of spoons as well), and in large blue letters, the words "FANSFOR CITY POKéMON GYM" were painted on the handle of the wooden spoon.

"Wow," Orange remarked as he looked up at the building. "Suddenly, I find myself in the mood for soup." Red and Violet chuckled at this as they walked in through the doors.

The interior was very large and spacious, with the usual dirt battlefield built into the floor. On the other end of the battlefield, there stood with his arms crossed, a man clearly in his mid-twenties, his black hair slicked back. He was wearing a dark blue jumpsuit, to which was attached four Poké Balls.

"Welcome," the man smirked. "Welcome, challengers, to the Fansfor Gym. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Harry, the Fansfor Gym Leader. Now then, why not introduce yourselves?"

"Orange McPixel from Talpel Town," stated Orange.

"Violet Scramble, also from Talpel Town," added Violet.

"Red Vershunn, Talpel Town," chimed in Red.

Harry nodded. "A pleasure," he stated. "Now then, here are the rules around here. When I battle, each trainer is allowed four Pokémon. I cannot switch unless the Pokémon I have out has fainted, but the challenger can switch at their leisure. Now then, which of you three is to be my first challenger?"

"I will," Violet volunteered.

"All right," grinned Orange as Violet stepped into the challenger's box. "You can do it, Vi!"

"Then let us begin," Harry grinned as he plucked one of the Poké Balls off his belt and threw it. "I choose Jynx!"

The ball opened up, and out came a rush of bright light, which eventually formed itself into a vaguely human-like Pokémon with extremely light hair, large, noticeable lips, and what appeared to be a red dress. Violet whipped out her Pokédex and aimed it forward.

"Jynx, the Human Shape Pokémon," droned the device. "Jynx wiggles its hips while it walks. It can cause people to dance in unison with it."

"All right," said Violet as she threw a Poké Ball of her own. "Go! Migraine!"

In a flash of light, Violet's Psyduck materialized, clutching its head as always.

"Heh," chuckled Harry. "Do you really think a little Psyduck is the best choice?"

"Psy?" said Migraine as it tilted its head to one side, seemingly in response to Harry's question. Before Violet could say anything, however, a dazzlingly bright light distracted her. It took her a second or two before she realized where the light was coming from- Migraine!

As the Psyduck changed shape, Orange cheered loudly, and Phil's smirk faded away slowly. Then the glow faded, and standing in Migraine's place was a significantly taller creature. Its hands and feet were webbed, and instead of a bright yellow, it was an aquatic shade of blue. Its beak was pointed, unlike a Psyduck's bill, it had long, actually visible legs, and its hands and feet were tipped with actual claws. Its tail was also longer, and there was a ruby-red gemstone in the center of its forehead.

"It evolved into a Golduck," Red grinned as Violet held her Pokédex back out, aiming it at her newly-evolved Water-type.

"Golduck, the Duck Pokémon, and the evolved form of Psyduck," droned the Pokédex. "Golduck's webbed hands and feet make it an excellent swimmer. Often seen swimming elegantly by lakeshores."

"Ready to go, Migraine?" said Violet.

"Golduck!" exclaimed Migraine as it turned around and gave her a thumbs-up.

"Jynx! Psywave now!" ordered Harry.

"Jyyynx," responded Jynx loudly as a volley of glowing blue rings erupted forth from her mouth, expanding in midair. Violet made up her mind on the spot, decided to see if evolution may have changed something.

"Migraine, Confusion attack!" she ordered. Red and Orange exchanged highly surprised looks at this. However, Migraine immediately placed both hands on its head, closed its eyes, and focused. Almost instantly, a ray of blue light shot out of the gem on its forehead, and the Psywave rings disintegrated.

"Jynx, go for a Body Slam!" called Harry.

"Migraine! Scratch attack!" shouted Violet.

Both combatants lunged at each other. Jynx jumped up, attempting to drop her full body weight on top of the Golduck, but Migraine had other plans, and took a vicious swipe at Jynx, throwing her off course. The Ice/Psychic-type gave a startled gasp as the Scratch attack hit.

"Follow up with Fury Swipes!" grinned Violet, clearly on a roll.

"Golduck duck duck duck duck!" grunted Migraine as it lunged at Jynx again, and scratched at her repeatedly.

"Time to get serious!" Harry declared. "Now then, Jynx, use Lovely Kiss!"

"Quick, Migraine, Water Gun now!" said Violet.

"Duuuuuuuuuuuck!" bellowed Migraine as it opened its beak wide and unleashed a forceful stream of water at Jynx. The Water move disrupted Jynx's attempt at attacking, and Violet knew it.

"Jynx, Blizzard!" ordered Harry.

"Migraine, Submission!" commanded Violet.

Migraine lunged yet again, this time dashing right through the blinding snowstorm currently being released from Jynx's mouth, grabbed the Human Shape Pokémon, and proceeded to wrestle with it.

"Do it, Migraine!" cheered Orange, earning him a smile from Violet.

"Jynx!" exclaimed Harry, but too late; once the Golduck was finished, Jynx had collapsed to the floor, and had ceased to move.

"Good job, Migraine," Violet said, grinning happily at her Golduck while Harry withdrew Jynx.

"Not a bad start," he conceded as he prepared another Poké Ball. "Now then, Hypno, go!" he added as he threw the ball. This ball unleashed a tall yellow Pokémon, decidedly much more humanlike in appearance than Jynx. It had an odd, crooked, pointed nose, a collar of white fluff around its neck, and a small pendulum on a string clutched in its right hand.

"Hyyypnooooo," it murmured as Violet aimed her Pokédex at it.

"Hypno, the Hypnosis Pokémon, and the evolved form of Drowzee," it said. "Avoid eye contact. It uses its pendulum to hypnotize others into falling into a deep sleep."

"Don't make eye contact, Migraine," warned Violet. "Use Water Gun!"

"Hypno, Thunder Wave!" ordered Harry.

Hypno raised its right hand, and began to swing its pendulum around and around in small circles. Within seconds, it looked like a silver circular blur going around the hand. Then, sparks flew off the spinning pendulum, followed by a small bolt of electricity. As it zapped Migraine, the Golduck grunted and struggled to move. It opened its beak, but winced in pain instead of firing off the ordered move.

"No! Migraine's paralyzed," groaned Violet.

"Hypno! Mega Punch now!" Harry shouted.

"Hyp! No!" Hypno exclaimed as it dashed forward, drew back its fist, then slugged Migraine right in the gut, sending the paralyzed Golduck tumbling to the ground. Migraine made no effort whatsoever to get back up.

"Migraine, return," Violet sighed as she called her Water-type back to its Poké Ball. Then, she produced another Poké Ball, pressed the button to bring it to its full size, and threw it. "Skulls, I choose you!"

"She's using her Weezing?" Red muttered, a skeptical look on his face. "But Hypno's a Psychic-type."

"Hypno, Psychic attack!" Harry commanded.

"Skulls, use SmokeScreen!" said Violet.

"Weezing weez," groaned Skulls as it drifted across the battlefield, a thick black smoke erupting from its pores and quickly blanketing the entire battlefield. A blue ray of light shot out of the smoke, missing the Weezing completely.

"Don't give in, Hypno!" said Harry. "Double Team!"

"Skulls, Tackle it now!" Violet ordered. However, as her Weezing dove into the smoke, the sound of her Poison-type colliding with the floor could be heard. As the smoke cleared out, they could all see Skulls unsteadily rising back up into the air, surrounded by no fewer than ten Hypno.

"Uh oh," Orange muttered.

"Now use Psychic once more," sneered Harry.

"Skulls, go up!" Violet shouted.

As every single Hypno copy fired off a blue ray of light from the eyes, the Weezing simply floated up into the air. The illusory copies of the Psychic attack harmlessly passed through the illusory copies of the Hypno- except for one. One Hypno copy vanished upon contact with the Psychic attack which hit it. Violet pointed to the Hypno across from the one which had just vanished. "That's the real one, Skulls!" she yelled. "Sludge!"

"Weezing," replied Skulls as both heads unleashed a thick stream of smelly black liquid, blasting the real Hypno with it.

"No!" Hypno grunted as it tried to fend off the foul goop with its hands. Nevertheless, once the Weezing had stopped its onslaught, Hypno was looking noticeably fatigued, and its forehead now had a purple tint to it.

"Hypno's poisoned!" Orange exclaimed.

"Let's wrap this up, Skulls," grinned Violet. "Use Thunderbolt!"

"WeeeeZIIIIING!" bellowed Skulls as the Poison-type unleashed a powerful bolt of lightning from its body, zapping its Psychic-type adversary.

"Wait, has Skulls always known Thunderbolt?" asked Red.

Violet shook her head. "Just used the TM on it last night," she replied.

Meanwhile, Hypno slumped to the floor, and as it slipped into unconsciousness, the pendulum fell from its hand.

"Hypno, return!" snapped Harry as he held out the Poké Ball, allowing the red energy beam to retrieve the Hypnosis Pokémon to its spherical innards. Then, he took another ball and launched it onto the battlefield. "Now then, Q, let's go!" he shouted as a yellow and black cube materialized in midair, identical to Orange's starter Pokémon.

"Kyuuuuuuuu," it droned, albeit in a deeper tone of voice than Orange's Q would use.

"Hah!" smirked Violet. "Skulls just fried your Hypno with an Electric attack, so you bring in a Water-type? Skulls, use Thunderbolt!"

"Q, Psychic!" ordered Harry.

As Skulls let fly another bolt of electricity, Q unleashed a ray of blue psychic force from the front of its body. The two attacks met, but Q's Psychic quickly overpowered the Electric move, and both of Skulls's heads were groaning in pain as the super effective move hit.

"Skulls!" Violet exclaimed as her Weezing slumped to the floor.

"Now then, you were saying something?" Harry smirked. Violet scowled as she wordlessly withdrew the Weezing.

"I wonder what Violet's gonna use next," Orange murmured.

Orange was not left to wonder this for long, for Violet was already throwing a new Poké Ball. "Go! Chompy!" she yelled as the Victreebel erupted forth from the sphere, shrieking loudly.

"Hmm," Harry remarked as he eyed Chompy. "Interesting. Interesting. Victreebel, as a Poison-type, is weak to Q, as a Psychic-type... However, Q, as a Water-type, is weak to Victreebel, as a Grass-type... Now then, I'm interested to see how this one plays out. Q, go! Ice Beam!"

"Kyuuuuu," bellowed Q as a light blue orb formed above it, then fired off a blast of freezing energy right at the Grass/Poison-type.

"Chompy! Acid attack!" Violet yelled.

Chompy screeched loudly as it unleashed a steaming stream of highly corrosive purple fluid from its sizable mouth. The Acid struck the Ice Beam in midair, each attack cancelling each other out- at least, until Acid started winning out. As Q stopped the Ice Beam out of tiredness, it groaned in pain as the Poison-type move hit.

"Go, Chompy, now use Razor Leaf!" commanded Violet.

"Q, TM50!" ordered Harry.

As Chompy swung its leaves around, sending numerous razor-sharp leaves flying at the Deep Sea Pokémon, Q began to rapidly spin around, and two of its sides sprouted a glowing rectangular appendage each. These glowing appendages slapped the leaves out of the way as Q charged forward and proceeded to slap the Victreebel around.

"Chompy!" Violet shouted. "Use your Wrap attack!"

Chompy screeched as it swung its long brown vine around and, in the blink of an eye, coiled it all around Harry's Q, who was struggling futilely.

"Q!" Harry shouted. "Get out of there! Use your Ice Beam!"

"Kyuuuu.... Kyuuuu..." groaned Q as it struggled fruitlessly against the grip its Grass/Poison adversary had on it. Several minutes later, Violet's Victreebel relinquished its grip, allowing Q to fall to the floor, where it made no effort to move whatsoever.

"Q, get back," sighed Harry as he held out the Poké Ball, recalling his fallen Pokémon to its spherical confines. Then, he produced his fourth and final Poké Ball and pressed the button to enlarge it. "Now, then, Alakazam, I choose you!" shouted Harry as he threw the ball, releasing from it a tall, dark yellow creature very humanlike in appearance, albeit with pointed ears, and claws on its hands and feet. It sported an impressive mustache, and held a silver spoon in each hand.

"Alakazam!" bellowed the newly sent out Pokémon in a deep voice. Violet responded by holding out her Pokédex.

"Alakazam, the Psi Pokémon, and the evolved form of Kadabra," droned the device. "Highly intelligent, its brain can outperform a supercomputer. It freely employs psychic power to defeat its foes."

"Geez," Orange muttered. "Alakazam is supposed to be one of the most powerful Psychic-types out there. I hope Vi is gonna do OK."

"Yeah," nodded Red.

"Now then, Alakazam! Use your Psychic attack!" bellowed Harry.

"Chompy, Stun Spore!" commanded Violet.

Before a single speck of Stun Spore could vacate the Victreebel, Alakazam held out its spoons in front of it, holding them in an X-shape. The spoons glowed blue, and a blast of blue light was unleashed from them. There was no time for Chompy to dodge, let alone for Violet to order it to do so; the attack hit hard and fast, and the Victreebel was out cold on the floor in roughly the time it took Orange to blink.

"Now then, your Victreebel is, I must admit, quite impressive," Harry stated as Violet withdrew Chompy. "But don't feel too bad. It's not often something comes along that can withstand Alakazam's Psychic attack.

Violet sighed. She only had two choices left, and call her crazy, but she was rather inclined to pick the one that wasn't weak to Psychic. "It's up to you, now," she said quietly to the new Poké Ball in her hand. Then, she threw the ball. "I choose you, Flutters!" she called as her Butterfree materialized.

"Freeeh, freeeh!" chattered Flutters, the Butterfree flapping its wings to stay airborne as it faced its enemy.

"Let's do this, then," smirked Harry. "Now then, Alakazam, Psychic!"

"Dodge it!" Violet called in desperation.

Alakazam fired off another blast of psychic power, but Flutters was able to fly out of the way, though only just barely.

"Flutters, String Shot now!" Violet yelled, calling the first attack which came to her mind.

"Freeeheeeheeeheeeh!" exclaimed Flutters as it sprayed several strands of sticky, silky string from its mouth. As Alakazam geared up for another Psychic, the String Shot wrapped around it, pinning its arms to its sides, causing it to drop one of its spoons.

"Kazam?!" exclaimed the Psi Pokémon in horror.

"That's it!" Violet gasped. "The spoons! Flutters, use your Confusion attack! Get those spoons!"

A blue glow came over Flutters's eyes as the spoon on the ground rose into the air and flew towards the Bug/Flying-type. The spoon in Alakazam's hand was also tugged in that direction, but the Psychic-type desperately kept a firm grip on it.

"Alakazam, use your Psywave!" shouted Harry.

"Flutters, Psybeam!" Violet yelled.

"Freeeeeeh!" screamed Flutters as a multicolored beam of light exploded forth from its eyes at the same time a volley of blue energy rings emitted from Alakazam's eyes. At first, it looked as though Alakazam's Psywave would win out, but then, the spoon now clutched in Butterfree's tiny hand took on a blue glow, and the Psybeam intensified, starting to gain control over the Psywave. Alakazam's spoon also glowed blue, however, and the Psywave intensified as well.

"Do it now!" Violet yelled. "Pull up and go in for Tackle attack!"

"Freeeh, freeeeeeh!" Flutters responded as it suddenly flapped its wings rapidly, cutting off the Psybeam and deftly flying above the Psywave. Before Alakazam could do anything to stop it, Flutters dove down and rammed into Alakazam. The Psi Pokémon lost balance and toppled over. It rose into the air, however, and landed deftly on its feet as it finally managed to free its arms from the String Shot. Using Psychic, it attempted to reclaim the stolen spoon, but the Psychic-type was breathing heavily, clearly tired out, and failed to so much as pry the kitchen utensil from the Butterfree's grip.

"Now then, this does not bode well," frowned Harry. "Alakazam, use Psychic!"

"Tackle one more time, Flutters!" Violet ordered.

"Zam..." whined Alakazam as it raised the one spoon it still had, which flickered with blue light. However, at that moment, Flutters rammed into Alakazam once again. This time, the spoon fell out of the Butterfly Pokémon's grip. But this time, Alakazam made no effort to get back up.

"YES!" Orange exclaimed as Flutters dove into Violet's arms to be hugged by its happy trainer.

"We did it, Flutters!" Violet exclaimed happily as Harry withdrew Alakazam. Then, the Gym Leader walked across the battlefield and approached Violet.

"An impressive battle indeed," Harry stated as he held out his hand. "Now then, take this- it's the official Pokémon League Mental Badge. Also, please accept Technical Machine #46, which will teach Psywave to one of your Pokémon."

"Thanks," grinned Violet as she accepted the items. The Mental Badge was a golden, circular object with two thin, black circles, one inside the other. Harry strode back across the battlefield, and placed his Poké Balls in the healing machine located on his end.

"Now then, who is to be my next opponent?" asked Harry once his team had been healed up.

Red and Orange exchanged looks, and the former stepped forward. "I'll go next," Red stated.

"Very good," Harry nodded approvingly as he took one of his Poké Balls and enlarged it as Red did the same with one of his. "Now then, we begin!"
    ~~~~~~~~
    End of Chapter 25.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

I imagine Harry to be a rather dapper fellow.

Migraine was being pretty awesome against Jynx, and then he just gets laid out in one attack by Hypno? Granted, Submission recoil and Blizzard damage, but I'm not so sure that adds up.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Is the gym leader's surname Potter?

That bit with Alakazam and Butterfree fighting over the spoon was nice. I guess the spoons amplify Alakazam's attacks.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Even hungry guards like fried nines

Can't say that I was expecting the evolution of Migraine, that's for sure. And I love how the building is made out of spoons. Definitely captures the Psychic type well.

Nice chapter as usual!

And now I really want a Butterfree...
        Spoiler:- Team Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah the Slaking View Post
    Migraine was being pretty awesome against Jynx, and then he just gets laid out in one attack by Hypno? Granted, Submission recoil and Blizzard damage, but I'm not so sure that adds up.
    *shrug* Crit happens.

Is the gym leader's surname Potter?
    Yeah, I guess it's not that hard to see where this one got his name from, huh?

That bit with Alakazam and Butterfree fighting over the spoon was nice. I guess the spoons amplify Alakazam's attacks.
    Well, Kadabra's Sapphire dex entry states that it is said to be limited to half its psychic power without its spoon. It makes sense that something similar would hold true to Alakazam.

Even hungry guards like fried nines
    Yeah, they do. The popularity of fried nines reflects my own taste for bacon. It's no coincidence that that's what they taste and smell like.

Can't say that I was expecting the evolution of Migraine, that's for sure. And I love how the building is made out of spoons. Definitely captures the Psychic type well.
    Well, I like to keep people guessing as to when evolutions will happen. Don't want it to be too predictable. And thanks!

Nice chapter as usual!
    Thanks!

And now I really want a Butterfree...
    Good! I've always found Butterfree to be a worthwhile in-game Pokemon. Earliest access to Sleep Powder and a Psychic move in any Kanto-centric game (especially in RBY, where the Psychic-type was king). My Butterfree in LeafGreen actually took out half the Champion's team on its own. Including his Blastoise. In spite of the Full Restore he used on aforementioned Blastoise at one point.

I've started work on the next chapter. It's not even close to being done, though it's coming along pretty nicely so far.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Pretty great chapter, and nice to see you've toned down the romance. Migraine's evolution was unexpected, but I suppose that's good. And I think Harry's the first gym leader to have a glitch, right?

five bucks says Parasect gets smashed in the first round

Pretty great chapter, and nice to see you've toned down the romance. Migraine's evolution was unexpected, but I suppose that's good. And I think Harry's the first gym leader to have a glitch, right?
    Actually, the first Gym Leader-owned Glitch Pokemon was Walter's LM4.

five bucks says Parasect gets smashed in the first round
    You'd lose that bet, but that's all I'm gonna say.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast