Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 404 Error

I'm really liking this! Orange is such a funny character and .4 is my favourite so far! It's so original it kills me, I love deciphering the names of things and figuring then out. I love that this is all based of Kanto as well, great nostalgia, you're doing a great job Misingno. Master and you deserve credit for constantly bringing well written fics to this forum, I know it wouldn't be the same with out you.

anyway continue the good work hunni xoxo
    For everyone who likes stories you can read my first ever fan-fic here!

]

Chapter 26: Psi And Low
    ~~~~~~~~

"Jynx!" shouted Harry as he threw his Poké Ball.

"Charizard!" shouted Red as he threw his Poké Ball.

Simultaneously, both balls opened up, each one pouring its contents out onto the battlefield. From Red's ball emerged his Charizard, roaring loudly and happily at the chance to battle. From Harry's ball came his Jynx, who looked determined, even in the face of her fiery foe.

"Hah!" laughed Harry. "You think you have the advantage, but this is merely a minor setback for us!"

"We'll see about that," smirked Red. "Charizard, Flamethrower!"

"Jynx! Water Gun!" commanded Harry.

As Charizard unleashed a sizzling stream of flames from its mouth, Jynx blasted a torrent of water from her mouth. The attacks collided in midair, with Jynx's Water Gun cutting right through the flames. Charizard roared in anger as the Water move made contact with it, and subsequently flew up and out of the way of the attack.

"Good job, Jynx!" smirked Harry. "Now then, bring it down with Blizzard!"

"Charizard, use Flamethrower once more!" ordered Red.

This time, Jynx unleashed a howling snowstorm from her mouth, and this time, it was Charizard's attack which cut through the other one. Jynx cried out as the Flamethrower made contact.

"Slash!" Red shouted.

"Now then, Jynx, use your Psywave attack!" commanded Harry.

Before Jynx could unleash a single psychic ring, Charizard dove down, claws glowing, and took a vicious swipe at the Ice/Psychic-type.

"Finish it off!" Red shouted. "Use Flamethrower one more time!"

"Water Gun atta-" began Harry, but it was too late- Jynx was suddenly on the receiving end of another Flamethrower, and this time, the super effective move was sufficient to take out the Human Shape Pokémon.

"Way to go, Charizard!" Red exclaimed as his Fire/Flying-type roared triumphantly.

"Jynx, return!" snapped Harry as he held out the Poké Ball. Once Jynx had been withdrawn, he threw another ball. "Now then, Hypno, it's your turn!" he shouted as the Hypnosis Pokémon materialized once again.

"Charizard! Mega Punch!" Red yelled.

"We'll use Mega Punch too, Hypno!" exclaimed Harry.

The two Pokémon charged at each other, each one ready with their right fist. Each one punched the other at the exact same time, and both of them fell to the ground. They both got back to their feet very quickly, however.

"Now then, Hypno, Psywave attack!" Harry commanded.

"Dodge it, Charizard!" shouted Red.

"Wow," Orange remarked as Charizard flapped its great wings, ascending into the air just as Hypno whirled its pendulum around, firing off a volley of glowing blue rings from it, which Charizard was able to just barely evade. "Hey, Vi, when did Red's Charizard learn Mega Punch, anyway? I don't recall it ever using that move."

Violet shrugged. "Neither do I," she admitted. "Then again, I was just as surprised to see .4 pull off that Dragon Rage, back at Nodacel Gym," she added as Charizard unleashed a Flamethrower, which Hypno evaded by way of Double Team, causing the flames to merely pass through an illusory copy.

"Fair enough," conceded Orange as Charizard looked around in confusion before being suddenly struck by Psywaves from seemingly every direction and collapsing to the battlefield.

"Now then, let's end this!" Harry shouted. "Hypno! Skull Bash attack!"

"No!" yelled Hypno as it charged forward, ramming Charizard head first with great force.

"Charizard!" shouted Red, but it was no use- the Flame Pokémon collapsed to the ground, and made no effort to get up.

"Your Charizard is well-trained," nodded Harry as Red withdrew the Fire/Flying-type. "An impressive start, for sure. Now then, let's see what else you've got."

"Your funeral," grinned Red as he threw another Poké Ball. "Go! Dodrio!" he shouted as the Triple Bird Pokémon materialized, all three heads cawing at once.

"Hmm," remarked Harry. "Hypno, use your Mega Punch!"

"Let's go, Dodrio! Fury Attack now!" Red commanded.

As Hypno dashed forward and swung its fist back, Dodrio started to peck at it with great rapidity, with all three of its long, sharp beaks.

"Now then, Hypno, Thunder Wave!" Harry ordered.

"Use Whirlwind!" Red called.

"Drioooooooo!" cawed all three of Dodrio's heads as each beak expelled a swirling funnel of wind. Hypno was blown back by the triple blast of wind, the weak jolt of electricity it was firing off going in a completely wrong direction, missing Dodrio entirely.

"Hypno! Psywave!" yelled Harry.

"Dodrio! Skull Bash!" Red ordered.

Dodrio charged forward, heads lowered, as Hypno unleashed a barrage of glowing blue rings. Though the Triple Bird Pokémon charged valiantly through the Psychic-type onslaught, the Psywave eventually knocked Dodrio back on its tail feathers.

"Red!" called Violet. "Try the new move Dodrio learned!"

"I dunno," Red said uncertainly. "I'm still not so sure it'll work."

"Well, there's only one way to find out, isn't there?" shouted Orange. "Go for it!"

"Now then, Hypno! Use the Skull Bash attack!" commanded Harry.

Red sighed, then called out, "Dodrio, Fly attack!"

Dodrio's two side heads immediately faced down, and from their beaks they expelled flames and exhaust as though they were rockets, launching the Normal/Flying-type into the air, and allowing it to evade the Skull Bash altogether. Hypno stopped short, stumbling slightly, and looked up just in time to see Dodrio dive back down and slam into it.

"Hyyyyp.... no," groaned Hypno as it struggled beneath the weight of Dodrio before collapsing to the floor and succumbing to unconsciousness.

"Gaaaah!" Harry exclaimed, holding out Hypno's Poké Ball. "Hypno, return!" he said as he took out another Poké Ball and threw it. "Now then, Q, go!" he shouted.

As the dazzling flash of light faded, the Deep Sea Pokémon could be seen floating in midair, ready for action once more. "Kyuuuuuuu," it droned menacingly.

"Dodrio, Tri Attack!" said Red.

"Q, Tackle attack!" ordered Harry.

"Kyuuuuu," responded Q as it zipped forwards, just as Dodrio fired off a great, glowing triangle of energy. To Red's astonishment, however, Q broke right through the Tri Attack and rammed Dodrio hard.

"Dodrio, get up!" Red shouted, as the injured Triple Bird Pokémon tried to climb back to its feet.

"No letup, Q!" Harry exclaimed. "Now then, finish it! Ice Beam!"

Q did just that, unleashing a light blue beam of freezing energy right at Dodrio. The squawks and screeches of protest quickly ceased as Dodrio's heads all passed out simultaneously.

"I gotta teach my Q that move," Orange remarked as Red withdrew Dodrio.

"The battle's getting pretty intense, though, isn't it?" asked Violet.

"OK, Parasect, I choose you now!" Red shouted as he threw another Poké Ball, releasing the Bug/Grass-type out onto the battlefield.

"Para Parasect!" hissed Parasect as it glared at Q.

"Now then, this will be interesting," nodded Harry. "Good on you, Red, Parasect has the obvious type advantage. Q, on the other hand, has a few super effective moves up its hypothetical sleeve, however. Yes, yes, this should be interesting."

"Yeah, it will," nodded Red. "Parasect, ready!"

"Q! Aurora Beam!" commanded Harry.

"Bide!" shouted Red.

Parasect covered its face with its claws and braced itself, its body taking on a harsh, white glow as the rainbow-colored beam. As Q stopped the attack, a forceful blast of pure energy was unleashed from Parasect's body, plowing into Q and sending it tumbling to the floor.

"Parasect, Leech Life now!" Red yelled.

"Q, try your Headbutt attack!" said Harry.

Parasect and Q lunged at each other, Parasect's small teeth glowing a bright green. As they collided, Parasect clung to Q with its claws, and sank its teeth into the Water/Psychic-type, causing it to shout in discomfort as the Bug-type move proceeded to sap away its stamina.

"Yeah! Keep it up, Parasect!" cheered Red.

"You think you've won?" smirked Harry. "You, my friend, are sadly mistaken. Now then, Q! Ice Beam at point-blank range!

"Spore attack!" Red shouted.

As Q proceeded to charge up a pale blue orb above its head, Parasect scattered a fine blue dust from beneath its massive mushroom. The Ice Beam dissipated as Q slumped to the floor, snores emanating from within its body.

"Let's wrap it up, Parasect!" Red exclaimed. "Use Slash!"

"Sect para para!" hissed Parasect as took a single swipe at Q with its right claw, which was bathed in a bright white light. The impact caused Q to wake up, though this did little good, for it was then knocked into unconsciousness as the Slash caused it to fall to the floor.

"Impressive. Quite impressive," nodded Harry as he returned Q to its Poké Ball. "Having said that, however, you still have my last and strongest Pokémon to contend with," he added, smirking as he produced his fourth and final Poké Ball.

"Bring it on," Red said confidently. "Parasect, you still good to go there?"

"Para Parasect!" replied Parasect, sounding just as confident as its trainer.

"Very well," chuckled Harry as he threw the ball. "Now then, Alakazam, I choose you!"

In a flash of light, the humanoid form of Harry's Alakazam materialized, a shining, silver spoon clutched tightly in each hand.

"Parasect, use your Spore attack!" Red called.

"Good call," Violet nodded approvingly. "Immobilizing Alakazam right from the start is a smart idea."

"Yeah, but Alakazam is pretty fast," Orange remarked. "It might be able to-"

"Use Teleport!" Harry ordered.

"...do exactly that," Orange finished lamely as Alakazam vanished into thin air, and reappeared directly behind Parasect, evading the Spore completely.

"Parasect! Behind you!" Red exclaimed. "Leech Life now!"

"Alakazam, Mega Punch!" commanded Harry.

As Parasect wheeled around, Alakazam was already driving a fist right into the Pokémon's mushroom. Though not a particularly powerful hit, it knocked Parasect onto its back. The mushroom prevented it from being completely on its back, of course, but still, its legs and claws, sticking up at an angle, flailed about uselessly.

"No!" Red exclaimed.

"Quick, Red, call it back!" Orange shouted.

"Right!" nodded Red as he fumbled for Parasect's Poké Ball.

"Now then, Alakazam, blast it with Psychic!" ordered Harry.

"Parasect, return!" Red called out as he held Parasect's Poké Ball out in front of him. However, as the red beam emerged from the button, Alakazam had already unleashed a blast of blue energy from its now crossed spoons. To Red's horror, the blue energy connected before the red beam could. The Psychic attack knocked Parasect out of the path of the ball's beam, and also knocked it out.

"Mm. Not quick enough," smirked Harry. "Don't get me wrong, it was good judgement to withdraw Parasect at that time, you just needed to be quicker. Speed is crucial in both the trainer and the Pokémon, remember that."

"Speed," Red murmured as he recalled Parasect, and then glanced down at the new Poké Ball he plucked off his belt. "Well, then, maybe this last guy has a better shot than I thought." Then, Red enlarged the ball and threw it. "It's up to you, now, Raticate!" Red called. "Go!"

Sure enough, the ball split open, unleashing the furry, light brown form of Red's Raticate, who bared its prominent front teeth, sneering menacingly at Alakazam. "Rrrrraticate!" it screeched.

"Alakazam, Psychi-" began Harry.

"Quick Attack!" Red interrupted.

Before Alakazam could even start to cross its spoons, Raticate charged forward, slamming into the Psi Pokémon and knocking it backwards.

"Kazam?!" Alakazam exclaimed as it used its telekinetic powers to float back to its feet.

"Psychic now!" Harry shouted.

"Quick Attack again!" Red yelled. "No letup, Raticate!"

Alakazam managed to cross its spoons and fire off a blast of Psychic energy, but Raticate managed to dodge it just before ramming Alakazam once again.

"GAAAAH!" exclaimed Harry.

This went on for a while; Alakazam would attempt a Psychic attack, only for Raticate to evade it before unleashing a Quick Attack. However, after five or six times, Alakazam finally scored a hit, plowing Raticate into the floor with Psychic.

"Raticate!" Red called as the Normal-type shakily climbed to its feet.

"Now then, Alakazam, let's heal off that damage," said Harry. "Use Recover!"

"Water Gun now!" Red shouted.

Raticate unleashed a stream of water from its mouth, but Alakazam seemed unfazed by it as it took on a gentle white glow, its injuries healing up.

"Raticate! Tail Whip now!" Red called, a somewhat desperate thought occurring to him.

Orange and Violet exchanged highly dubious glances as Raticate wheeled around and started to wag its tail. "Tail Whip?" they repeated in unison.

"Ka... zam?"Alakazam muttered as the Recover finished its work. Alakazam hadn't fully recovered, though it was certainly looking better than before.

"Hyper Fang now!" Red shouted.

"Alakazam, use your Psywave attack now!" exclaimed Harry.

As Alakazam prepared to fire off a volley of blue rings, Raticate was already upon it, sinking its fairly large teeth into its right arm.

"Ala?! Kazam kazam Alakazam!" exclaimed Alakazam as it tried, without success, to shake Raticate off.

"Finish it!" Red exclaimed. "Raticate, Tackle attack!"

"Now then, Alakazam, Mega P-" began Harry, but it was too late- Raticate had already dislodged its dental hardware from Alakazam's arm, and rammed into the Psi Pokémon, sending it crashing to the floor.

"YES!" Red exclaimed as Harry withdrew his unconscious Alakazam. Raticate rushed towards Red, jumping into its trainer's arms for a hug. As Red hugged Raticate, Orange and Violet approached him.

"Nice job, Red," smiled Violet.

"Yeah, that was great," added Orange.

Just then, Harry also approached Red. "That was indeed a great battle," he said to Red. "You're definitely worthy of the Mental Badge," he added, holding out the golden badge for Red to take, along with a Technical Machine for Psywave. "Now then," he added, "Mr. McPixel, I believe it's your turn."

Before Orange could answer, however, panicked screams and an alarmingly loud screeching noise could be heard from outside.

"What the Hyper Beam?!" Harry exclaimed. "What's going on out there?"

"C'mon, guys," Orange said to Red and Violet. "We gotta go and see what's going on!"

"I'll be right with you guys," Harry stated as he raced back to his side of the battlefield. "I just gotta heal up my team first, just in case!"

Red nodded in understanding before he raced forward along with Orange and Violet in the direction of the Gym's doors, intent on finding out the cause of all the commotion outside.
    ~~~~~~~~
    End of Chapter 26.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

"Now then, let's end this!" Harry shouted. "Hypno! Skull Bash attack!"

"No!" yelled Hypno as it charged forward, ramming Charizard head first with great force.
    I didn't know Hypno could talk. Other than that, the chapter's good.

Also, PM list please!
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    I didn't know Hypno could talk. Other than that, the chapter's good.

Also, PM list please!
    Hypno was yelling the second syllable of its name,which just happens to also be an actual word.

And consider yourself added!

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

The whole "this Pokemon kills a Leader's Pokemon and then faints to the next one" thing is getting old, to be honest. I think it would change things up if the protags--or the Leaders--switched Pokemon as their Pokemon got a kill every now and then.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah the Slaking View Post
    The whole "this Pokemon kills a Leader's Pokemon and then faints to the next one" thing is getting old, to be honest. I think it would change things up if the protags--or the Leaders--switched Pokemon as their Pokemon got a kill every now and then.
    You bring up an excellent point. I'll be sure to work on that, though I already have something in mind for the next Gym.

On another note, you guys know by now that when I find myself particularly motivated to write, it tends to show? Well, guess how I felt today.

Chapter 27: Just Say Missingno.
    ~~~~~~~~

As the trio burst through the doors of the Gym, they could hardly believe what they were seeing. Several of the buildings throughout the city seemed to be on fire, and people were running in every direction. As Red looked around for the source of this chaos, another screeching noise came from overhead. Red looked up, and let his jaw drop to the ground- he was looking at some sort of large, flying beast which appeared to be nothing but bones. It was flying overhead, launching streams of fire in random directions.

"Gah!" Red exclaimed as he took out his Pokédex and pointed it up at the airborne menace. "What is that?!"

"Missingno., the Data Pokémon," droned Red's Pokédex. "Missingno. in Aerodactyl Skeleton Form are very capable both in flight and in hunting. It is capable of learning a wide variety of attacks, and its type will constantly change to match another Pokémon in the area."

"Now then, that's not so good," came a weak voice from behind the trio. Harry had just emerged from his Gym, and was looking up weakly at the Missingno. "This is not the first time I've seen that Missingno., but I've never been able to take it on. It's always managed to overpower my team."

"Yeesh," remarked Red. "And that's not an easy feat with four Pokémon- that thing is only one!"

"So you see the problem here," replied Harry. "Missingno. can live for a very long time, you see- my guess is, that one used to hunt in this area before it became Fansfor City."

"Well, we gotta do something!" Orange declared. "We can't just let it keep on destroying stuff!"

"Yeah, Orange is right," nodded Violet. Red also nodded his agreement with this. With that, the trio took off after the Missingno.

As they caught up, Orange took out a Poké Ball and threw it. "I choose you, Fearow! Go get it!" he shouted as the Beak Pokémon emerged from its ball.

"Feeeeeaaaarooooowwwww!" cawed Fearow as it soared up to Missingno.'s level. The cawing caught Missingno.'s attention, and the Data Pokémon wheeled around in midair to face Fearow, screeching menacingly.

"Fearow! Take Down!" Orange commanded.

As Fearow streaked forward, Missingno. opened its skeletal mouth and unleashed a powerful Flamethrower from within. Fearow was able to dodge it, but just barely, and then the Normal/Flying-type slammed into its avian adversary.

"Good work, Fearow!" Orange cheered. "Now use Razor Wind!"

As Fearow started to flap its wings vigorously, Missingno. seemed to pull its body into a ball, looking about as spherical as an animated avian skeleton could possibly get itself to look. The wind didn't seem to affect it at all.

"That must be Missingno.'s Defense Curl!" exclaimed Violet.

"Fearow, try your Drill Peck!" called Orange.

As Fearow flew forward, Missingno. uncurled its body, and became cloaked in swirling water. Then, it too charged forward, and collided with Fearow head-on, Drill Peck and Waterfall each competing against each other. It concluded in a draw, however, as both Pokémon were blown back. Before Orange could make another command, however, Missingno.opened its mouth once more, and this time, a thick plume of black smoke billowed out from within, engulfing the group. As the trio coughed (and in Red's case, felt around for Dodrio's Poké Ball), Fearow took it upon itself to blow away the SmokeScreen by flapping its powerful wings. Once the smoke had cleared, however, it appeared as though Missingno. had fled.

Red turned to face Violet and Orange. "I'm thinking the Pokémon Center right about now," he said.

"Best idea I've heard all day," stated Violet as the three of them ran off in the direction of the aforementioned building.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Mercifully, the Pokémon Center had been spared from Missingno.'s onslaught, and was still open. Once Red, Orange, and Violet had healed their Pokémon, they started to discuss the situation.

"OK, so let's think about this," Orange stated. "First, let's see what we know about this Missingno., aside from the fact it changes type on a whim. So far, we've seen it use Flamethrower, Defense Curl, Waterfall, and SmokeScreen. And that's very likely not all the moves it can use, either. But let's focus on that for now. What do we have that can withstand both Fire and Water moves?"

"Well, a Water-type would be the obvious answer," stated Red. "Though I think Charizard would find it easy enough to evade Waterfall."

"There's also the fact that some Pokémon just don't have any weaknesses, like .4," Violet added.

"And Transforming into Missingno., that's sure to pose a challenge to it," said Red.

"...Wow, Orange," Violet said, blinking in surprise. "We just described half your team there, and... none of ours. Neither me nor Red have any Water-types, anything with no weaknesses, or anything with Transform. You, on the other hand, you have Q, .4, and A."

"No Water-types?" repeated Orange. "So, what type is Migraine, then?"

"Orange?"

"Yeah?"

"Shut up," said Violet, though she still gave a small smile. "No, but you're right, Migraine is a Water-type. Still, I think it's safe to say you have a pretty good shot of taking down Missingno., Orange. What do you say?"

"Let's do this," grinned Orange as he promptly led the way through the doors and back out into the streets of Fansfor City.

The streets seemed eerily deserted. Red was watching the skies so intently that on more than one occasion he nearly walked right under a freeze arch.

"It's quiet," remarked Violet.

"Yeah," replied Orange, in a cautious tone. "Too quiet, if you ask me."

Then, as if on cue, an earsplitting screech came from behind the trio. Red, Orange, and Violet wheeled around simultaneously to spot the Missingno. diving right at them.

Orange assumed a combative stance, a Poké Ball in his right hand. "I got this!" he said to Red and Violet as he threw the ball. "I choose you, A!" he shouted as the Normal/Normal-type emerged from its spherical confines, but shrieked in terror at the sight of the oncoming Missingno.

"A, Hydro Pump attack now!" shouted Orange.

A gave a series of squeaking noises before a high-pressure stream of water from the entire front portion of its rectangular body, stopping Missingno. in its tracks. When A ceased its attack, however, it became clear that Missingno. hadn't taken much damage,

"Oh, geez," Red murmured. "I don't think Missingno. took any damage at all!"

"Remember, A isn't exactly good at offense," Violet reminded Red. "Its real strength is in its speed."

"A! Transform!" Orange hollered.

A gave a high-pitched squeal as its body glowed and drastically changed shape, and before Red knew it, he was seeing two Aerodactyl Skeleton Form Missingno. facing each other. Orange whipped out his Pokédex, presumably to pull up a list of attacks A could now use. Sure enough, Orange nodded at what he saw on the screen, then turned his attention back to the battle. "A, use your Flamethrower attack!" he shouted.

Both A and Missingno. simultaneously unleashed streams of fire from their skeletal maws, the Flamethrower attacks colliding in midair, cancelling each other out.

"Well, they're certainly evenly matched now," Red observed.

"A, now try Egg Bomb!" commanded Orange.

Missingno. screeched loudly as it charged forward, water swirling all around it, as A spewed three large white eggs from its mouth. Upon colliding with Missingno., the eggs exploded, disrupting the Data Pokémon's flight.

"All right, let's wrap this up!" Orange grinned. "Bone Club now!"

As A dove down after its adversary, Missingno. managed to take to the air once more, and spewed more black smoke from its mouth, engulfing the entire area with the SmokeScreen attack.

"Dodrio, Whirlwind!" Red coughed as he threw a Poké Ball. In a flash of light none of them could see, Dodrio materialized, and the next thing any of them knew, three forceful gusts of wind managed to blow all the smoke away. Unfortunately, Missingno. seemed to have escaped once more.

"Now what?" Orange muttered, frowning. "It seems like every time that Missingno. is about to be defeated, it makes its getaway by spraying SmokeScreen all over the place."

"Yeah, that'll be tricky," Red agreed. "But we gotta find a way around it. We-"

At that moment, however, a screeching sound could be heard several streets away. "This way!" Red exclaimed as he climbed onto his Dodrio's back. Dodrio instantly took off running in the direction Red indicated.

"Let's follow him, Vi," Orange stated as he sent out his Fearow. "I'll need that HM Mr. Ujif gave you."

"I... I don't know," Violet said uncertainly as she handed the disc to Orange.

"Don't worry, I'll have Fearow keep close to the ground," Orange assured her. "No worse than riding a Rapidash, I promise."

Violet said nothing, but seemed a little more at ease with this idea as Orange proceeded to make use of the HM.
    ~~~~~~~~
    "Dodrio! Tri Attack!" Red shouted.

"Do dri o!" cawed the three heads as they fired off a glowing triangle, which Missingno. was able to evade by diving and swooping in midair. Red grunted in exasperation, when a voice sounded from behind him.

"I got this, Red!" came the shout. Red wheeled around and spotted Orange and Violet, on Fearow's back, soaring right at him, Fearow no more than four feet off the ground. As Fearow allowed its riders to dismount, Orange withdrew the Normal/Flying-type and threw another Poké Ball. ".4, it's your turn!" Orange shouted as the Pokémaniac-type emerged from the ball, gibbering excitedly.

Missingno. glared down at its diminutive adversary with what appeared to be bare eye sockets, screeching unpleasantly. Then, as its body became cloaked in swirling water, Missingno. dove at .4.

".4! TM28!" Orange ordered.

.4 zipped forward, gibbering gleefully as it flew circles around Missingno., exploding three times in rapid succession. Each blast was in very close proximity to Missingno., and very clearly caused damage.

"Well, that's more like it," Red nodded.

"Now use Dragon Rage, .4!" commanded Orange.

"Eeeeee hee hee hee hee!" cackled .4 as a brilliant blue stream of flame was launched from its body. Missingno. tried to evade, but was hit by the move nonetheless, and it screeched loudly as the move made contact. Then, it dove down at .4 suddenly, striking it with one of the bones on the end of one of its wings. .4 was sent flying by the Bone Club attack, but it was able to regain its composure fairly easily.

"Good job, .4!" Orange said encouragingly. "Agility! Then use your Wing Attack!"

.4 zipped forwards, once again flying circles around Missingno., little more than a diminutive purple blur. Then, the aforementioned diminutive purple blur suddenly sprouted a pair of purple, blocky wings, and slammed into Missingno. with them, sending the Data Pokémon crashing to the ground.

"Don't give it a chance to do anything!" Orange warned .4. "Go for a TM28 attack!"

As .4 dove down, Missingno. opened its mouth, but the Caffeine Pokémon let off a sudden explosion just as the smoke started to leak out of Missingno.'s mouth, and the SmokeScreen was interrupted. Knowing its usual escape tactic wouldn't work this time, Missingno. changed strategies at the speed of light, and instead fired off a trio of large eggs from its mouth. .4 shrieked as the eggs exploded around it, and Missingno. seized this chance to take flight once more, not bothering to cloak its getaway with SmokeScreen. However, the Egg Bomb attack had knocked .4 out.

"Missingno. is weakening!" Violet exclaimed. "Wow, is that thing powerful or what?" she added, smiling slightly in spite of the severity of the situation.

"Yeah, it is, isn't it?" Orange agreed, taking note of Violet's apparent admiration of Missingno.'s tenacity and power. "OK, though, we gotta move," he added as he produced a pair of Poké Balls. He withdrew .4 into one, while sending Fearow back out of the other. Red got back on Dodrio's back, and Orange and Violet climbed onto Fearow. The bird-like Pokémon then took off, with Fearow flying low, and Dodrio running, both of them headed in the direction in which they saw Missingno. fly.

Not long afterwards, they located Missingno. once more. This time, the skeletal menace was flying circles around an extremely tall skyscraper, screeching in a threatening manner.

"Mew damn it, that's Plish Co. Headquarters!" exclaimed Orange. "They produce Poké Balls and all sorts of things for trainers! Fearow, up!"

"Orange..." murmured Violet.

"Vi, just hold on to me tightly," Orange said to her. "Trust me. You'll be OK."

Violet gulped, and though she was shaking, she wrapped her arms tightly around Orange as Fearow ascended.

"Go! Q!" Orange called as he held up yet another Poké Ball, this one releasing Orange's starter into the open.

"Kyuuuuuu," sang Q in its usual melodic tone of voice.

At the sound of Q's voice, Missingno. took its attention off the skyscraper and focused on Q instead. Screeching, Missingno. fired off several Egg Bombs from its mouth.

"Q, use your BubbleBeam attack!" Orange ordered.

"Kyuuuu," replied Q as a barrage of bubbles flew forward from its body, causing the Egg Bombs to explode in midair. Missingno. screeched again as the bubbles collided with it, then suddenly streaked forward and struck the Deep Sea Pokémon with one of its wings

"Of course," sighed Red. "Now it's using the moves Water-types don't resist- Egg Bomb and Bone Club."

"Drio," remarked one of Dodrio's heads, seemingly in agreement with Red's observation.

"Q, Headbutt!" commanded Orange.

Q flew forward, slamming into Missingno. with great force. Missingno. started to fall, spinning uncontrollably, but with a great flap of its wings, managed to take to the skies once again. This time, however, it didn't even bother with SmokeScreen, but instead just took off, figuring it had better come back once Orange was gone.

"No you don't!" Orange exclaimed. "Q! Fearow! After it!"

The chase was on. With Violet holding tightly onto Orange the entire time, Fearow and Q flew after Missingno., following it as it wove between tall buildings, flew across streets, soared above and beneath the pair of bridges spanning across the city, and did all manner of aerial maneuvers to try and lose its pursuers. After a while, however, it somehow managed to get itself cornered by Fearow and Q, up against the front of Fansfor Gym.

"We got it now!" Orange exclaimed triumphantly as Red and Dodrio caught up. "Q, use your Confusion attack!"

"Kyuuuuuuu," sang Q as it unleashed a ray of blue light, which struck Missingno. hard... and then, at long last, the skeleton shakily wobbled in place before collapsing to the ground.

"Oh my Mew," gasped Harry as he cautiously approached the unconscious Missingno. "You... You actually defeated it? Now then, Orange, was it? You... I think you ought to catch it, Orange."

"And a sensible thought it is," agreed Orange. "Catching the Missingno. would definitely ensure the safety of this city... but I don't want to catch it."

"What?" exclaimed Harry, Red, and Violet simultaneously. Even Fearow squawked in surprise.

"That's right," Orange nodded as he turned to Violet. "I want you to catch it, Vi. I saw you admiring its power, and I know it'll be a good addition to your team."

For a moment, Violet said nothing. Then, she gave Orange a kiss, and smiled at him. "You're so sweet," she said. "But you weakened it, Orange, you got the right to catch it if you want to."

"Exactly- it's my decision," Orange replied. "And I decided that you get to catch it. This isn't like if someone weakens a Shellder with their Weezing, and then another trainer throws their Poké Ball first, I'm giving you permission here. Go for it, Vi."

"I'd recommend doing it quickly, it could come to at any moment," Red added.

"Right," grinned Violet as she produced the necessary red and white sphere from her fanny pack, pressed the white button in the center to bring it to its full size, then threw it. "Poké Ball, go!" she shouted.

The sphere struck the Missingno.'s skull, and its entire skeletal form was converted into transparent red energy and sucked inside. The ball then snapped shut and fell to the ground, where it wobbled... Once... Twice... Three times...

And then, the ball stopped moving, and emitted a single low-pitched ping.

"All right," Violet smirked as she picked up the Poké Ball. "I caught a Missingno.!"

"Congrats, Vi," grinned Orange.

"Yeah," added Red.

"I think I even have a perfect nickname for it," Violet added. "I like the sound of Skelefly, what do you guys think.

"Skelefly... I like it," nodded Orange. Then, Orange turned to face Harry. "Alright," he said. "So, we're just gonna head back to the Pokémon Center to heal our Pokémon, then we'll be back so you and I can have our batt-"

"Wait a minute," Harry said, shaking his head. "I don't think that's necessary." As he said this, he approached Orange, a Mental Badge in one hand, and a pink Technical Machine in the other.

"Wait, what?" Orange said. "But we didn't battle."

"We don't need to," stated Harry. "Do you realize that what you just did is what I've been trying to do for ages without success? I told you, Orange, my Pokémon were never able to take that Missingno. down, whereas you got it done. Strictly speaking, Pokémon League regulations dictate that badges are to be handed out to those the Gym Leader deems worthy. While a battle is indeed the usual way to determine this, the rules allow for Gym Leaders to give out badges at their discretion to those they feel deserve them, even if a battle was not fought."

"Well, I guess if you're sure," Orange said, though his eagerness to take the badge and TM in any case was barely contained.

"I'm positive," Harry insisted, practically forcing the objects into Orange's hands.

"Well, can't argue with that," grinned Orange. "All right, then! That's five badges for each of us... now what?"

"Well, there's a Gym in Nodacel City," Harry stated.

"Been there," Red replied.

"You could try the Ruceelna Gym to the north," Harry continued.

"Beaten it," Orange said.

"What about Miliovern Gym to the south?" asked Harry.

"Done that," Violet stated.

"Well... there is a Pokémon Gym in Chufisa City," Harry said hesitantly. "Now, then, I must warn you, it might not be easy to get there. Snorlax have been known to come down from the mountains and are notorious for somehow managing to block the roads leading there. You three think you'll be able to handle it if need be?"

"Yeah," grinned Orange. "We've encountered one of those living roadblocks before. I think we'll manage."

After saying their good-byes, the trio headed off to the Fansfor City Pokémon Center. As the sun was setting, they decided they ought to have themselves some dinner. This time, they all shared an extra-large even number salad as they discussed the day's events.

"That was pretty lucky, Orange, you not having to battle for your badge," Red said to Orange.

"Yeah," Orange grinned. "I mean, I know I should feel like I should have battled for it, but... I kinda don't," he admitted, grinning even wider. "So, five badges each now, huh? Feels pretty good!"

"Yeah, we're more than halfway there," added Violet. "Three more, and we'll be able to compete in the Pokémon League!"

"Yeah," grinned Orange. Then, he turned to face Red. "Er... What about you, Red?" he asked. "I mean, once we get to Bincanar Island, you'll probably stay there for answers, or go home if you can, right?"

Red was silent for a moment as he thought about this. "Actually," he said, "I'm not so sure I want to leave anymore. I mean, sure, some of the Pokémon freak me out a little bit, and I'm still not entirely used to certain other aspects of this place, but... I really am enjoying myself here," he smiled. "I'm traveling around, catching and training Pokémon like I always wanted to, and I'm even traveling with good friends." Orange and Violet both smiled at this. "I mean, sure, once we get there, you bet I'll be getting some answers, but if it turns out it's possible to get me back to Kanto, I won't be going back. Not right away, anyway. I'd kinda like to compete in the Pokémon League here, at the very least."

"That's what I was hoping to hear," Orange nodded approvingly, grinning happily. "I for one am loving this, the three of us traveling together like this."

"Yeah, same here," Violet agreed.

Once they had finished their dinner, the trio retrieved their fully healed Pokémon from the nurse, and spent the remainder of the evening just relaxing in the center. Violet was tempted to try and get to know her newest Pokémon, but they were all in agreement that to avoid panic, Skelefly shouldn't be sent out in Fansfor City at the moment. Eventually, they all went to the room they had reserved for the night. As Red climbed into bed, he placed a pair of earplugs in his ears. By now, it had become a habit- he was now doing it with barely any conscious thought. He drifted peacefully off to sleep, the earplugs shielding his eardrums from the usual cacophony that was Orange's thunderous snoring.
    ~~~~~~~~
    End of Chapter 27.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 29th March 2013 at 3:35 AM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Pokedex entries for Glitch Pokemon:

44Hy;
    "44Hy, the Riverside Pokémon. 44Hy is an uncommonly good swimmer. If threatened, it fights back with telekinetic power."

44Hy's size;
    "Though usually small, the largest known specimen was recorded at being twenty-three feet tall."

.4;
    ".4, the Caffeine Pokémon. .4 travel in swarms and emit high-pitched cries constantly. They explode regularly to let off excess energy, but the explosions will not knock them out."

.4's type;
    ".4's type is Pokémaniac, which gives it no weaknesses."

TM28;
    "TM28, .4's signature attack. .4 explodes to let off excess energy. Due to its constantly-energetic nature, however, the blast does not knock it out. TM28 has no type."

Q;
    "Q, the Deep Sea Pokémon, and the evolved form of 44Hy. When it starts to use its immense Psychic powers, its entire body lights up. It can dive underwater to great depths."

TM05;
    "TM05, an evasive technique. TM05 turns the user invisible, allowing it to avoid oncoming attacks with greater ease."

Z4;
    "Z4, the Box Bee Pokémon. Z4 has the power to grow incredibly pointy stingers from any point on its body. Commonly found in forests, where they travel in large swarms."

TM09;
    "TM09, an attack of the IIIItoto-type. An immensely powerful technique that no Pokémon type is resistant to. While TM09 is powerful, it causes the user to faint."

A;
    "A, the Speed Demon Pokémon. A has exceptionally pitiful offensive capabilities, but is among the fastest of any known Pokémon. Very rare, A prefer to live solitary lives."

LM4;
    "LM4, the Bubble Cube Pokémon. Though famed for its violent battle style, LM4 is kind-hearted. It will always try to rescue any drowning human it encounters."

pPkMnp;
    "pPkMnp, the Fortress Pokémon. pPkMnp moves slowly and cannot attack with much effectiveness. Its true strengths lie in its rock-solid defense."

pPkMnp's type;
    "pPkMnp is of the Poison-type."

7g;
    "7g, the Slow Pokémon. Though low in intelligence, it will always obey an order given to it. Even if ordered to use a move it does not know, it will attempt to use it anyway."

'M;
    "'M, the Shoreline Pokémon. 'M thrive in coastal areas, though are not particularly adept swimmers. It flies through the air with style and grace, and hits with the force of a freight train."

h Poké;
    "h Poké, the Spirit Pokémon. A common sight near graveyards. Employs a powerful technique to drain energy from others."

HM02;
    "HM02, h Poké's special attack. A powerful move in which the user stealthily steals its opponent's energy and uses it for itself. There is no way to visually confirm usage of this attack."

Missingno.;
    "Missingno., the Data Pokémon. Available in four different forms. In its ghostly and skeletal forms, Missingno. can learn most attacks and changes type constantly."

Missingno. (Aerodactyl Skeleton Form);
    "Missingno., the Data Pokémon. Missingno. in Aerodactyl Skeleton Form are very capable both in flight and in hunting. It is capable of learning a wide variety of attacks, and its type will constantly change to match another Pokémon in the area."

Missingno. (Kabutops Skeleton Form);
    "Missingno., the Data Pokémon. Missingno. in Kabutops Skeleton Form are highly capable swimmers. It is capable of learning a wide variety of attacks, and its type will constantly change to match another Pokémon in the area."

Missingno. (Normal Form);
    "Missingno., the Data Pokémon. In its Normal Form, Missingno. highly resembles 'M, though differs in size from one. In this form, Missingno. are known for their sheer attack power."

u;
    "u, the Fiery Pokémon. Immensely proud of its power. If a u turns down a battle challenge, it is a sure sign of illness."

p T;
    “p T, the Behemoth Pokémon. Its immense power is spoken of in legend. Said to slumber deep underground, where its occasional tossing and turning causes earthquakes.”
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 1st May 2013 at 4:04 AM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Aww Orange is so sweet letting Violet catch the Missingno.!

I can see you were very motivated to write today. I was kinda shocked to see two notifications, and they were well worth it. I liked the ending of chapter 26 quite a lot.

…I don't know why but I'm really happy Violet got the Aerodactyl Missingno. It always looked so cool.

And I should let you know I got my Butterfree
        Spoiler:- Team Stuff:

Great chapter M.M. I knew you couldn't resist having someone catch a Missingo. I just have one question, is Violet like your favorite character? It seems like you give her all of your favorite pokemon, which is similar to what you did with Jack is the A of A series. I was just wondering. Anyways, keep up the great work!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Christianity is a Relationship with our true God, Jesus. It's not a Religion. Copy and paste If you agree

Registeel is mine, yay!

Adventure of Adventureness & Awesome of Awesomeness: Smashing the 4th wall into gazillion pieces since 2010. - Sig too long, so Mod a cropped it

MAN WHEN IS RED GONNA GET A GLITCH

SRSLY

HE NEEDS A GLITCH

Anyway, I'm just glad nobody said that the Missingno looked like a dragon like the old man in Pewter does at the actual Aerodactyl skeleton.
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Credit to Atari!
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Ooh, index of glitches! That's pretty useful. Major d'aww moment when Orange let Violet catch Missingno., too.

Also, is that the same Missingno. that they found in the Pokemon Tunnel? It doesn't seem like it, but...

I second Jonah's request.
    I have discovered what a signature is.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I've claimed Castform. It will never rain on my parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Zorua View Post
    Aww Orange is so sweet letting Violet catch the Missingno.!

I can see you were very motivated to write today. I was kinda shocked to see two notifications, and they were well worth it. I liked the ending of chapter 26 quite a lot.

…I don't know why but I'm really happy Violet got the Aerodactyl Missingno. It always looked so cool.

And I should let you know I got my Butterfree
    I knew that I would have Violet get the Aerodactyl Skeleton Missingno. the moment I started planning out their teams, which was really, really early in the fic's life, because I wanted it to be nicknamed Skelefly- that's what I named the very first Aerodactyl Skeleton Missingno. I ever caught. Pretty much the only time I ever nicknamed something.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePokemonExpert View Post
    Great chapter M.M. I knew you couldn't resist having someone catch a Missingo. I just have one question, is Violet like your favorite character? It seems like you give her all of your favorite pokemon, which is similar to what you did with Jack is the A of A series. I was just wondering. Anyways, keep up the great work!
    Truth be told, my favorite character, it would be a toss-up between Violet and Orange. I have fun writing for both of them. Not that I don't for Red, of course.

MAN WHEN IS RED GONNA GET A GLITCH

SRSLY

HE NEEDS A GLITCH

Anyway, I'm just glad nobody said that the Missingno looked like a dragon like the old man in Pewter does at the actual Aerodactyl skeleton.
    All I can state for now is that his next catch will not be a Glitch Pokemon. I am not commenting on any subsequent catches.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-nogyroP View Post
    Ooh, index of glitches! That's pretty useful. Major d'aww moment when Orange let Violet catch Missingno., too.

Also, is that the same Missingno. that they found in the Pokemon Tunnel? It doesn't seem like it, but...

I second Jonah's request.
    No, it's a completely different Missingno. Like in the games, Missingno. can't just shift between forms like Deoxys or Burmy. The different forms work more like Unown, Basculin, and Gastrodon- once the form's established, that's it, it's locked into that form forever. The Missingno. in Pokemon Tunnel is in Ghost form, and Skelefly is in Aerodactyl Skeleton form.

I've been working on the next chapter, and it is coming along nicely. It's not really even close to being finished, but like I say, it's coming along nicely. There's a definite possibility it'll be out this week, but there's no guarantee.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

...Or, I work on it some more and realize it actually was kinda close to being finished. Huh. Go figure.

Chapter 28: Skelefly And Snorlax
    ~~~~~~~~

The next morning, the trio exited the Pokémon Center, well- rested and ready to go.

"OK, the nurse said there are two ways to get to Chufisa," stated Violet. "The quickest way is through Nodacel City and down Skateboarding Road. However, we'll need to skateboard our way through there, you're not allowed to walk it." She paused for a moment. "Anyone got a skateboard?" she asked. Red and Orange shook their heads. "Thought not," Violet stated. "Which just leaves the slightly longer east road. Fastest way there from here is to cut through Vandeler Town."

"Well, let's go, then," Orange said. "Maybe we'll get there before the day is done, if we're lucky."

"If we start now, we should get there by nightfall," agreed Violet. "Provided there are no unexpected holdups, anyway."

With that, Violet led the way, and the three trainers headed east towards the city's exit. After they had been walking for about ten minutes, Orange stopped in front of a house that seemed to be constructed entirely out of varied silverware- spoons, forks, knives, even a can opener or two. The sign in front read, "The home of the mystical Ms. Psychic."

"C'mon, guys," Orange stated. "Let's see what this is all about."

"So much for no unexpected holdups, huh?" sighed Red, though he and Violet followed Orange through the door.

Inside the one-room house was a round, wooden table, and sitting at that table was an older woman, whose face gave a distinct air of strangeness. "Aha!" she exclaimed as the trio entered. "Welcome, welcome, and allow me to introduce myself... I am the incredible... Ms. Psychic!" she exclaimed in an overly-dramatic fashion.

"...Yeah, OK," Orange said after a brief moment of silence, "So, we-"

"Wait! Not another word!" interrupted Ms. Psychic. Then, with a flourish, she produced three pink discs from seemingly nowhere and handed them to Red, Orange, and Violet. "You wanted these!" Red accepted his disc, the label of which read "Technical Machine #29- Psychic".

"TMs for Psychic," Violet remarked. "Not bad."

"Well, of course they are not bad," laughed Ms. Psychic. "I foresaw your intent to acquire them, after all!"

"Yeah, thanks a lot, Ms. Psybeam," Orange said.

Ms. Psychic frowned. "That's Ms. Psychic," she corrected him.

"Uh huh," nodded Orange, not really listening. "Yeah, well, we should get going, shouldn't we? Thanks for the TMs, Ms. Psyduck."

"That's Ms. Psychic!" exclaimed the woman as Red and Violet followed Orange out the door.

"OK, that was a waste of time," Violet sighed as they continued walking down the wooden streets. "Well, OK, not completely- Psychic is a powerful move. You guys figure out who you're teaching it to?"

"Q, of course," grinned Orange. "I'll wait till we've reached Chufisa City, though."

"Hang on," Red said suddenly. "Chufisa... spelled C-H-U-F-I-S-A?"

"Yeah, it is," nodded Orange. "Let me guess- rearrange the letters and...?"

"Fuchsia City," finished Red, nodding. "And from what I've heard, the positions match up, too. Anyway, I don't think Charizard, Parasect, Dodrio, or Raticate can learn Psychic. I'm just gonna hang onto this until I catch something that can learn it."

"Yeah- you haven't caught a Pokémon since Doduo," Orange said suddenly. "Why is that? It's not like you haven't had opportunity."

"Nothing really caught my eye, I guess," Red shrugged. "I'll catch something when I see something I like."

"I'm probably going to use mine on either Flutters or Tombstone," Violet stated. "Yeah, I'm thinking Tombstone, Flutters already knows Confusion, and I'm sure I can help it learn Psybeam, too."

"But is that Ms. Psywave strange or what-" began Orange.

"THAT'S MS. PSYCHIC!" came a shout from up the street.

Red, Orange, and Violet exchanged surprised glances. "How did she do that?" asked Orange.
    ~~~~~~~~
    The rest of the trip to Fansfor City's exit was uneventful, and before long, the group found themselves traveling back down the rocky, grassy, wet road of Route -8. Before long, a young boy wearing a yellow t-shirt, a blue cap, and a pair of blue shorts approached them. "Hey!" the Youngster exclaimed. "You guys are Trainers, aren't you?"

"Yep," grinned Violet. "Name's Violet. This is Orange, and this is Red."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, nice, now which of you wants to battle?" the Youngster demanded, producing a Poké Ball.

"Hey, you know what? I'll do it," Violet said.

"Thought we were in a hurry, Vi?" said Orange.

"Yeah, but I'd kinda like to get the hang of using my newest Pokémon in battle," replied Violet as she too prepared a Poké Ball.

"OK, 44Hy, let's go!" shouted the Youngster as he threw his ball, unleashing a red, white, and black cube-shaped Water/Psychic-type into the open.

"I choose you, Skelefly!" Violet called as she threw her Poké Ball, and in a flash of light, the Aerodactyl Skeleton Form Missingno. emerged, screeching loudly.

"Whoa, a Missingno.!" the Youngster exclaimed. "44Hy! Use Headbutt!"

"Hyyyyyy!" squealed 44Hy as it flew up to meet the Missingno.

"Skelefly, Defense Curl!" Violet ordered.

Skelefly, however, merely screeched its apparent displeasure with the order, and instead blasted the Riverside Pokémon with a Flamethrower attack. This did not deter 44Hy, however, and the Headbutt connected.

"What?!" Violet exclaimed. "Skelefly, I said Defense Curl, not Flamethrower! Now try your Egg Bomb attack!"

"44Hy, use Aurora Beam!" yelled the Youngster.

While 44Hy complied with its trainer's order and unleashed a rainbow-colored ray of light, Skelefly once again took issue with its trainer's order, and instead dove down, clearly intent on using Bone Club instead.

"Skelefly, what are you doing?!" Violet shouted.

"Not obeying you, that's for damn sure," sneered the Youngster as the Aurora Beam sent the Missingno. crashing to the ground. "Let's wrap this up, 44Hy! Confusion attack!"

"Skelefly, come on!" Violet called desperately. "Please, use your SmokeScreen attack!"

Skelefly instead fired off three large, white eggs from its bony mouth, which were promptly exploded in midair by the blue ray of energy 44Hy was giving off. Then, the Confusion continued its course, striking Skelefly and knocking it out.

"But- but- but- HOW?!" Violet exclaimed. "When you fought it yesterday, Orange, it held its own for the longest time, and now..."

"Yeah, but yesterday it was battling effectively," Orange observed. "Now it just seems intent on not following your orders, Vi."

Violet sighed. "Skelefly, return," she sighed, holding out the Poké Ball.

"Yeah, we won!" the Youngster cheered as his 44Hy flew circles around him, squealing happily. The two then went off, still happy about their victory. Once they were out of earshot, the trio set off again, this time with Violet in a significantly less pleased mood.

"Aw, cheer up, Vi," Orange said as he put an arm around his girlfriend's shoulder. "You just need to work with Skelefly, is all. I'm sure you'll-"

"Hey! Red!" came a voice from behind the trio. Red, Violet, and Orange wheeled around, and there stood a boy in brown clothing with spiky black hair. "Heh, I had a feeling you'd pass through here again," smirked Terrence. "I've been training, see, so now we're gonna have a rematch, and this time, you're going down."

"Yeah, not right now," Red said. "We kinda want to get to Chufisa City by nightfall-"

"Oh, come on, it won't take long for me to thoroughly destroy your team," pleaded Terrence.

"OK, you know what? I accept," said Red. "I think I got time to cream you. But since we really are in a hurry, we'll make it a quick one. Just one Pokémon each, OK?"

"Fine, let's just get going with this!" exclaimed Terrence as he threw a Poké Ball. "Golem! Go!" he shouted.

In a flash of light, what appeared to be a large spherical creature, covered in odd grey-greenish plates of rock, with two arms, two legs, and a head sticking out materialized. "Golem gol," it rumbled. Red held out his Pokédex, aiming it at the creature.

"Golem, the Megaton Pokémon, and the evolved form of Graveler," droned the device. "Golem's hard shell is as tough as rock. Once a year, it sheds this shell to grow larger."

As he put his Pokédex away, Red took a Poké Ball off his belt, enlarged it, and threw it. "Raticate, I choose you!" Red yelled as the Rat Pokémon appeared in a flash of light.

"Rrrrrraticate!" screeched Raticate.

Violet made her way to the sidelines and said, "Alright, begin!"

"Golem! Double-Edge!" ordered Terrence.

"Raticate! Water Gun!" Red commanded.

Both Pokémon started their attacks at once. Golem tucked in its head and limbs and proceeded to roll forward as Raticate unleashed a forceful stream of water from its mouth. Golem rumbled in discomfort as it rolled valiantly against the Water move.

"Don't give in, Golem!" commanded Terrence. "Hit it hard!"

"Lem... Golem!" shouted Golem as it crashed into Raticate with a valiant effort. The Normal-type was sent flying backwards, and though it fell to the ground, it got back up very quickly.

"Raticate, try your Tail Whip!" Red ordered.

"Golem! Harden attack!" yelled Terrence.

Raticate wheeled around and started to whip its tail back and forth, as Golem struck a pose, its entire body seeming to gleam for a moment as it stood completely still.

"Well, that flopped," remarked Orange. "Harden upped Golem's Defense just enough to cancel out the Tail Whip."

"Raticate, use Water Gun once more!" Red ordered.

"Rrrrrati...caaaaaate!" exclaimed Raticate as it wheeled back around and blasted a forceful jet of water from its mouth, causing Golem to cry out in pain.

"Golem!" shouted Terrence.

"Finish it! Quick Attack now!" Red yelled.

Almost before Red had finished giving the order, Raticate sped forward, slamming into Golem. While this obviously was less than effective against the rock-hard armor covering Golem, it did nevertheless cause it to tip over backwards and roll right into a nearby rock with a loud CRASH.

"Get up! Golem, come on!!" Terrence ordered. "Get back in there! Use Mega Punch!"

However, as Golem feebly rolled back forward, it became clear that that last impact had knocked it out. It made no effort whatsoever to get back to its feet.

"OK, Golem is unable to battle, so the winners are Red and Raticate," stated Violet.

"Nicely done, Raticate!" Red congratulated his Pokémon. Terrence, on the other hand, was decidedly less than pleased with the outcome.

"GAAAAAAAH!" he roared as he returned Golem to its Poké Ball. "This isn't over, Red, do you hear me?!" he demanded, storming over to Red. "This! Is not! Over!"

"Dude, relax," Red said. "Why are you always getting so worked up whenever you lose a battle?"

"Because the world's strongest Pokémon Trainer does not keep losing to the same guy over and over!" replied Terrence. "And if I'm gonna be the strongest Trainer in the world someday, then I can't keep losing to you! So we're gonna keep this up, see. We're gonna keep this going, so you will eventually realize that I am not someone to mess with!"

With that, before anyone could get in another word, Terrence stormed off in the direction of Fansfor City, grumbling various swearwords under his breath. Once he was out of sight and earshot, Red, Orange, and Violet all exchanged glances.

"What's his deal?" Orange said. "Every time we see him, he demands a battle from Red, and then gets all enraged when he loses."

"He's crazier than those Team Debug and Team Error guys we keep running into," Violet added, shaking her head.

"Or that Ms. Psybeam," added Red.

At this, however, an echoing shout sounded from the direction from which they had come; "THAT'S MS. PSYCHIC!"

Again, the trio exchanged glances. "How does she do that?" asked Orange.
    ~~~~~~~~
    For a good hour the trio continued on their way. Every so often, Orange would point out a wild Pokémon and urge Red to catch it, and every time, Red declined.

"Why?" asked Orange as Red decided against pursuing the wild 7g that had been pointed out to him. "Why not?"

"I don't want to catch a 7g," Red replied. "What's wrong with that?"

"Well, you also didn't want to catch the .4 we saw, or the pPkMnp," Orange said. "You only got four Pokémon, Red, you're gonna have to catch something new one of these days."

"I don't disagree," nodded Red. "But when I'm ready, OK?"

"Oh, fine," sighed Orange.

"Relax, Orange," said Violet. "Let Red catch something when he's ready, OK?"

"Yeah, I guess so," Orange conceded reluctantly, though he couldn't help but smile as Violet smiled at him. They exchanged a quick kiss as Vandeler Town came into view.

"Let's get through here quickly," Red stated. "Vandeler Town gives me the creeps."

"I second that," Violet nodded.

"I third, fourth, and fifth it," chimed in Orange as the trio quickened their walking speed simultaneously, making their way through the ominous town, past the ominous structures, the dead trees, and the massive, tombstone-shaped structure that was the entrance to Pokémon Tunnel.

"Hold up," Violet said suddenly, coming to a stop. "Pokémon Center's right here," she added, pointing to the nearby building, made from crumbling rocks, dying hedges, and rotting pieces of wooden fence. She then led the way into the building, pushing open the two rotting pieces of fence which served as the doors.

"Hi! Welcome to our Pokémon Center," smiled the nurse as the trio approached her.

"Nurse, can you please treat my Missingno.?" asked Violet, handing the nurse a Poké Ball.

"While you're at it, maybe heal up my Raticate, too?" Red added, also handing her a red-and-white sphere.

"Certainly," the nurse nodded as she walked off towards the center's healing machine.

"OK, so, according to this map," Orange said, indicating the map of the Tanko region attached to the wall while Violet sent out her h Poké and dug her Psychic TM out of her fanny pack. "To get to Chufisa City, all we gotta do is head south from here and follow the path. As long as that Snorlax has moved, we shouldn't have any problems."

Red nodded. "Let's just hope it moved, then."

Before they could talk any further, the nurse called them back over, declaring both Raticate and Skelefly to be fully restored. Violet withdrew Tombstone, and as she and Red collected their Poké Balls from the nurse, the trio exited the center.

"All right, I checked the map, and we head south from here," Orange stated.

Red nodded. "Let's go, then," he stated.

Mercifully, it didn't take them long to leave Vandeler Town, and they were headed back down Route -12, across the concrete and wooden docks serving as walkways across the water. Before long, they happened upon a bored looking man who was sitting on the dock, holding a fishing rod, and staring out at the water. After a moment, he noticed the approaching trainers, reeled in his rod, and climbed to his feet. "Hey, you guys!" he said. "You three Pokémon trainers?"

"Yeah," nodded Orange. "What's it to you?"

"I've been fishing for the past three hours, and no bites," the Fisherman explained. "I'm bored out of my skull, and I want a battle."

"We're kinda in a hurry-" began Red.

"I'm game," grinned Orange. "One Pokémon each sound good to you?"

"Works for me," the Fisherman grinned back as he clutched a Poké Ball in his hand and threw it. "I choose you, Clefairy!"

In a flash of light, the small, pink Fairy Pokémon materialized. "Clefairy," it said in a soft voice.

"Alright, Eevee, let's go!" shouted Orange as he tossed a Poké Ball of his own, unleashing the small, brown, furry Evolution Pokémon, who faced Clefairy and growled with determination.

"I'll be the referee for this," Violet said as she stood off to the side. "Aaaand, begin!" she stated.

"Clefairy! Horn Attack!" commanded the Fisherman.

"Eevee, Reflect!" ordered Orange.

The curl of fur on Clefairy's forehead unfurled itself, sticking straight out in front, coming to a particularly nasty point. As it charged forward, however, a shimmering, semitransparent dome of energy formed around Eevee, and Clefairy bounced right off.

"Horn Attack?" Red remarked. "How the..."

"Clefairy obviously learned that attack in the LM4 stage," Orange said.

The Fisherman nodded. "You got that right! Clefairy, now use your Quick Attack!"

"Eevee, use your Quick Attack, too!" Orange shouted.

"Vee!" barked Eevee as it charged forward at the same time as Clefairy, both Normal-types dashing at each other at high speeds. They collided, each bouncing off the other. Both were thrown back, but were able to climb to their feet very quickly.

"Eevee! Swift!" said Orange.

"Clefairy! Water Gun!" said the Fisherman.

As Clefairy opened its mouth and unleashed a stream of water, Eevee opened its own mouth and unleashed a barrage of glowing stars. The two attacks met in midair, but the stars merely sliced their way through the jet of water, and before the Water Gun could even get close, Clefairy was forced to stop the attack as the stars pelted its body relentlessly.

"Don't give in, Clefairy!" called the Fisherman. "Wrap attack!"

"Fairy!" responded Clefairy as it lunged forward, its swirly pink tail uncoiling like a little Ekans. Eevee barely had time to react before it found itself wrapped up in the tail.

"Eevee!" Orange exclaimed. "Come on, get out of there!"

Eevee struggled, but Clefairy's grip tightened, and the Evolution Pokémon could not break free. This did not deter Eevee, however, but it only got free when Clefairy finally let it go. Eevee, however, was now pissed, and immediately bit down on Clefairy's tail.

"Wait, was that just, like, regular biting," Red asked, "or did Eevee just learn how to use Bite?"

"...Looks like Eevee learned Bite!" grinned Orange as he glanced down at his Pokédex. "Nice one, Eevee! Now use Swift!"

"Clefairy, time for Metronome!" yelled the Fisherman as Eevee relinquished its grip on Clefairy and backed off. In response, Clefairy raised its arms in the air and waved its fingers back and forth.

"Oh, boy," Red murmured. "Metronome... there's no telling what move Clefairy's gonna use now!"

As Eevee opened its mouth to unleash another barrage of stars, Clefairy stopped waving its fingers back and forth, and sprung into the air, its left knee glowing red.

"Oh, not good," Orange whimpered, watching Clefairy. "Metronome must've called up Hi Jump Kick!"

Eevee unleashed Swift at that moment, and as the stars pelted Clefairy, the Normal-type was knocked off course, and crashed into the concrete portion of the dock just behind Eevee. It made no effort to move whatsoever.

"Right, it looks like Clefairy cannot continue, so Orange and Eevee are the winners!" declared Violet.

"Return, Clefairy," sighed the Fisherman as his Normal-type was withdrawn to the spherical confines of its Poké Ball. "That Eevee of yours ain't bad," he added to Orange.

"Thanks," grinned Orange as he withdrew Eevee. "Same goes for that Clefairy. I had an LM4 myself, but mine evolved all the way to Nidoking."

"As fascinating as this all is," Violet cut in, "We're kinda trying to get to Chufisa City today, so..."

"Right," nodded the Fisherman. "Just a second, though," he added as he dug through a backpack sitting on the dock next to his fishing gear. He produced three glassy stones from within the bag- one was a greenish color with a lightning bolt engraved in it, one was a fiery orange stone that looked as though it had a small ember trapped within, and the final one was blue, and it looked as though numerous bubbles were trapped inside. "Nodacel Department Store had a sale on evolution stones not too long ago, so I just bought one of each. I didn't need them, but I figured it couldn't hurt to be prepared. But here, you take 'em. You can use at least one of them, once you decide how you want to evolve Eevee. Plus, I still got the Leaf Stone, if I ever get a Gloom or a Weepinbell.

"Oh, sweet!" Orange exclaimed as he accepted the stones and dumped them into his backpack.

"You sure you just wanna give those out like that?" Red asked.

"Yes, he's sure, Red!" Orange said loudly.

"Relax," the Fisherman chuckled. "Besides which, you gave me a good battle there, you earned them."

"Thanks," Orange grinned.

As the trio walked off, the Fisherman went back to his fishing, and now Orange was starting to talk about a subject that had yet to come up before.

"What should I evolve Eevee into?" Orange murmured. "I mean, I already have Q, so I'm pretty well set as far as Water-types go. That leaves Flareon and Jolteon... but what would Eevee want to evolve into? I can't ignore that, it's gotta be something Eevee would be happy with- aw, crap," he groaned as he saw just why Red and Violet had come to a stop.

They had arrived at an all too familiar three-way intersection. The path which led away from the sea and towards Miliovern City was completely unobstructed. The path which continued south, however, was still obstructed as it had been the last time they had gotten there- by the rotund bulk of a large sleeping Snorlax.

"Mew damn it," sighed Violet. "Well, we gotta wake the Snorlax up. Orange?"

"Hmm?" Orange said, turning to face Violet. After a moment, a look of dawning comprehension came over his face. "Wait- are you saying... are you giving me permission to-"

"Yep," smirked Violet. "Play that Poké Flute, Orange, and wake up Snorlax."

"Are... are you sure?" Orange asked. "I mean, I did promise you..."

"Yeah... but that promise, and my reason for making you make that promise, utter Tauros crap," said Violet. "Go ahead and play it."

"You know what? I just might," smiled Orange. "And I'm telling you, Vi, someone as great as you, I just know Skelefly will be warming up to you in no time."

"Orange, you're so stubborn, and you can be annoying... but you're sweet," Violet said softly as she moved closer to Orange. Before he knew what was happening, they were kissing. Not long after, however, they broke apart as they heard a familiar whirring noise. Simultaneously, Orange and Violet turned to look at the Snorlax- or rather, the large mass of transparent red energy being sucked into a Poké Ball. The sphere landed on the dock and wobbled back and forth for several seconds before it gave off a low-pitched ping and was still.

"Honestly," Red remarked as he picked up the Poké Ball containing his new Snorlax, "I can't believe nobody's thought of doing this sooner. Seriously, it's just laying there, fast asleep, and it takes nothing less than Orange's snoring to get it to so much as stir, and nobody else thinks to throw a Poké Ball at it?"
    ~~~~~~~~
    End of Chapter 28.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 2nd April 2013 at 5:55 AM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

I can never remember Terrence's existence.

You're not going to make Ms. Psychic into another Mr. Psychic, are you? That's really an AoA thing, and it shouldn't be in this one too.
    Credit to Atari!

Another chapeter? I didn't know ... Can I be on the PM list? Until now I never thought it was necessary.

This was a rather episodic chapter, but that's okay. It flowed well, so it worked.

Also there's this:
    "Honestly," Red remarked as he picked up the Poké Ball containing his new Snorlax, "I can't believe nobody's thought of doing this sooner. Seriously, it's just laying there, fast asleep, and it takes nothing less than Orange's snoring to get it to so much as stir, and nobody else thinks to throw a Poké Ball at it?"
    Funney stuff. Why can't you just catch Snorlax?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

I can never remember Terrence's existence.

You're not going to make Ms. Psychic into another Mr. Psychic, are you? That's really an AoA thing, and it shouldn't be in this one too.
    This was more of a shout-out to that than the beginning of a similar running gag. It might happen once more after this, if that, but it's not gonna become a regular thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pacman000 View Post
    Another chapeter? I didn't know ... Can I be on the PM list? Until now I never thought it was necessary.

This was a rather episodic chapter, but that's okay. It flowed well, so it worked.

Also there's this:

Funney stuff. Why can't you just catch Snorlax?
    Consider yourself added. And I know, right? When I first encountered the sleeping Snorlax in Red version, my first instinct was to go into my bag and try to use an Awakening on it, actually. Never got why you couldn't do that, or use a Poke Ball.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    "Yeah, thanks a lot, Ms. Psybeam," Orange said.

Ms. Psychic frowned. "That's Ms. Psychic," she corrected him.

"Uh huh," nodded Orange, not really listening. "Yeah, well, we should get going, shouldn't we? Thanks for the TMs, Ms. Psyduck."

"That's Ms. Psychic!" exclaimed the woman as Red and Violet followed Orange out the door.
    Well, it won't be a running gag, but it was still a nice callback.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master
    "Hey! Red!" came a voice from behind the trio. Red, Violet, and Orange wheeled around, and there stood a boy in brown clothing with spiky black hair. "Heh, I had a feeling you'd pass through here again," smirked Terrence. "I've been training, see, so now we're gonna have a rematch, and this time, you're going down."
    Somehow, I feel like Terrence is this fic's Gary.

"Because the world's strongest Pokémon Trainer does not keep losing to the same guy over and over!" replied Terrence. "And if I'm gonna be the strongest Trainer in the world someday, then I can't keep losing to you! So we're gonna keep this up, see. We're gonna keep this going, so you will eventually realize that I am not someone to mess with!"
    Stalker much?

"What should I evolve Eevee into?" Orange murmured.
    Jolteon.

"I mean, I already have Q, so I'm pretty well set as far as Water-types go. That leaves Flareon and Jolteon... but what would Eevee want to evolve into?
    Jolteon. Seriously. Jolteon.

and now because I said that he will get Flareon

I know, right?!?!?

Great job again, MM. I still want Red to get a glitch, though. Like, seriously. He needs one. And Orange needs a Bug-type. That too.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Well, it won't be a running gag, but it was still a nice callback.
    I could not resist doing that, by the way. I just could not resist.

Jolteon.

Jolteon. Seriously. Jolteon.

and now because I said that he will get Flareon
    Eevee's evolution was decided on long before Orange obtained it. Obviously, I'm not saying what it'll become, though I will confirm that it won't evolve into Vaporeon.

I know, right?!?!?
    Yeah, I mean, we should be able to use Poke Balls or Awakenings on it, shouldn't we? I mean, obviously, from a storyline point of view, I can see why not, but still, it's only from a storyline point of view that it makes sense.

Great job again, MM. I still want Red to get a glitch, though. Like, seriously. He needs one. And Orange needs a Bug-type. That too.
    Orange isn't gonna be getting a Bug-type any time soon. Whether the same can be said for Red and a Glitch Pokemon, however, I won't say one way or another. Can't go spoiling everything, now can I?

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Perhaps it's illegal to catch a sleeping Pokemon, unless it was put to sleep by one of your Pokemon in a battle.

But why you use an awakening? Perhaps it's illegal to give medicine to wild Pokemon, unless your a registered nurse, doctor, or researcher.

But why can't the police do anything? Perhaps it's not in their jurisdiction. Why? Who knows? It's politics; that stuff can get complicated/messy.

There! I think I've solved most of the problems. Oddly, I never noticed them before.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by pacman000 View Post
    Perhaps it's illegal to catch a sleeping Pokemon, unless it was put to sleep by one of your Pokemon in a battle.

But why you use an awakening? Perhaps it's illegal to give medicine to wild Pokemon, unless your a registered nurse, doctor, or researcher.

But why can't the police do anything? Perhaps it's not in their jurisdiction. Why? Who knows? It's politics; that stuff can get complicated/messy.

There! I think I've solved most of the problems. Oddly, I never noticed them before.
    In GSC, you can encounter wild Pokemon that are already asleep at the start of the battle, and it's perfectly OK to catch them.

In D/P/P, you are required to administer the SecretPotion to a flock of wild Psyduck to get to Celestic Town.

And I got no answer for the police thing. Oh, well, two out of three ain't bad.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Why, yes, I have been feeling particularly motivated to write lately. However did you guess?

Chapter 29: The Ways Of Team Error
    ~~~~~~~~

With Snorlax out of their way, the trio found that their journey was going very smoothly now. As they continued to navigate the floating walkways over the water, they encountered several other Fishermen, but the ones that did notice them weren't looking for battles.

Soon, the docks led the three Trainers onto dry land- mostly squares of grass and rocky terrain, though there were definitely threes, twos, and aluminum siding thrown in as well. It was around this point the path stopped going south, and instead turned to the west.

"We can't be too far now," grinned Orange. "Another hour of walking or so, and we should reach Chufisa City!"

"We're making excellent time, aren't we?" observed Violet as she looked up at the blocky, scrambled sun in the sky. "The sun won't start setting for several hours at least. Maybe we can take a little break here."

"I second that," sighed Red as he sat down on a giant five. "We've been walking all day, Orange. Even if we don't get to Chufisa City while it's still light, it doesn't matter, the Pokémon Center will still be open."

"But... I... Oh, all right," grumbled Orange.

"Hey, we may as well let our Pokémon relax, too," Violet said as she took out six Poké Balls and tossed them into the air. "Chompy! Flutters! Migraine! Skulls! Tombstone! Skelefly! Come on out!"

"I guess so," Orange conceded as he tossed half a dozen balls into the air. "Q! .4! Fearow! Nidoking! A! Eevee! Go!"

"Charizard, Raticate, Parasect, Dodrio, Snorlax, you too!" yelled Red as he threw five Poké Balls.

For a moment, the collective flashes of light were absolutely blinding as the seventeen Poké Balls opened up simultaneously. Then, as the light faded, there appeared all the group's Pokémon at once, and many of them began to interact with one another. Fearow and Skulls began to race each other, .4 flew dizzying circles around Flutters and A, gibbering excitedly, and Eevee began jumping up and down on the sleeping Snorlax's stomach as though it were a trampoline. Snorlax, far from seeming to mind this, didn't even appear to take notice. However, the first thing Red and Violet noticed was that Charizard and Skelefly were circling each other in the air, glaring at each other intensely.

"Uh-oh," muttered Violet as she noticed this.

"Charizard," Red called to his Fire/Flying-type warningly. "Don't do anything hasty."

"Skelefly, come down here," Violet said to her Missingno.

Neither Pokémon appeared to have heard their trainers, however, and now they were growling at each other.

"Say," Orange piped up. "Why don't you two have them battle each other?" he suggested. "It'd be a great way for them to let off some steam, and maybe it'd help with Skelefly's obedience issues, too," he added.

"Huh," Red remarked. "That's not a bad idea. What do you say, Violet?"

"Works for me," agreed Violet.

"Charizard, ready for a battle?" Red called up.

"You too, Skelefly, we're gonna have a battle, so please come down here!" Violet called.

Charizard and Skelefly both descended to the ground, neither one taking their eyes off the other. As they were spaced far enough apart already, Red and Violet merely took their positions behind their Pokémon, while Orange stepped off to the sidelines.

"I'm gonna referee this match, that OK?" Orange asked them. When Red and Violet both nodded, Orange nodded back. "Then begin!" he declared.

"Charizard, Flamethrower!" Red ordered.

"Skelefly, Waterfall!" commanded Violet.

Charizard and Skelefly both unleashed powerful streams of fire from their mouths simultaneously. The attacks collided in midair, creating a powerful explosion which blew both combatants back.

"Skelefly, no!" Violet exclaimed. "Come on, use Waterfall!"

In response, the Aerodactyl Skeleton Missingno. took to the skies, screeching madly as it spewed three large white eggs out of its mouth. Charizard flapped its great wings, also taking to the skies, and evading the Egg Bomb completely.

"Ugh," Violet groaned. "This is a disaster..."

"Charizard, now use Slash!" Red ordered.

"Skelefly, use Defense Curl!" shouted Violet.

Charizard flew forward, only to be met with Skelefly's Flamethrower once more. Being a Fire-type itself, Charizard was able to withstand the move with ease, and took a swipe at Skelefly- only for its glowing claws to pass right through the bones!

"What the-" began Red. Violet, however, was glancing over at her other Pokémon.

"Skelefly must have copied Tombstone's type combination!" she exclaimed. "It must have become a Ghost and Poison-type! Come on, Skelefly! Waterfall attack!"

Screeching unpleasantly, Skelefly instead unleashed another Flamethrower, which Charizard evaded with ease before retaliating with a Flamethrower of its own. The Missingno. screeched with displeasure as the Fire move hit, and then there could be heard the clatter of bones as Skelefly hit the ground, stirring feebly, but clearly in no state to get back on its feet, let alone in the air.

"Skelefly is unable to battle," declared Orange. "Red and Charizard win!"

Violet slowly approached her injured Missingno., noticing several burns on its skeletal body that looked particularly nasty. "Skelefly, you OK?" she asked. In response, Skelefly screeched weakly yet defiantly, attempting to sound stronger than it felt.

"Some of those burns look pretty bad," Orange observed as he and Red approached Skelefly. "We should get Skelefly to a Pokémon Center."

"Oh, don't bother with the Pokémon Center," came a familiar voice from behind the trio, causing them to jump and wheel around simultaneously. "We'll take care of that Missingno. for you!"

"You two!" exclaimed Orange, for there stood a pair of men in purple outfits, each one emblazoned with a large orange E on the chest.

"Team Error!" said Red.

"Did you twerps miss us?" smirked Jeff, the Team Error grunt who had spoken up moments ago. "It's been a while, hasn't it? And now you've gone and caught a Missingno. for us to take to the boss!"

"Like hell," snapped Violet. "This is my Missingno.! If you want one so bad, go catch your own."

"Well, we've been through this before," said Larry, the other grunt. "Poké Balls cost money, which is something we're not exactly made of."

"So we'll just be taking that rarity to the boss ourselves by force," Jeff added as he threw a Poké Ball. "Go! pPkMnp!"

"You too, 7g!" shouted Larry as he threw a ball of his own.

"Nidoking, help us out!" Orange called over to the group of Pokémon.

"You too, Snorlax!" added Red, as he noticed that his newest Normal-type was starting to stir.

As pPkMnp and 7g materialized from their respective Poké Balls, Nidoking and Snorlax stomped over to where their trainers were. Despite Snorlax never having actually seen its trainer before, it looked ready for orders in any case.

"7g, Double-Edge!" Larry yelled.

"pPkMnp, Sludge!" commanded Jeff.

"Nidoking, Aurora Beam now!" said Orange.

"Snorlax, use Headbutt!" Red called.

7g flew at Snorlax, who was stomping right in its direction, head lowered. They slammed into each other as Nidoking's Aurora Beam and pPkMnp's Sludge collided in midair.

As the battle raged on, Violet took this opportunity to take a Burn Heal out of her fanny pack and spray it on Skelefly's burns. The Missingno. screeched in response, but more softly than usual. It lifted its head slightly, and gave Violet a long look with what appeared to be bare eye sockets.

"Just relax, Skelefly," Violet said soothingly. "Let the Burn Heal do its job, OK?" Then, she sighed. "I wish you'd listen to me, though," she added quietly, looking down. "I know you never had to take orders from anyone before, but you have to realize, I know what I'm doing. I mean, ever since you started not following my orders, you haven't won at all, and I know you're capable of winning... I just wish you would trust me," sighed Violet. At that moment, she finished tending to Skelefly's wounds, and after patting the Missingno. on the head, stood up to join in the fray. Snorlax and Nidoking had taken out pPkMnp and 7g, and were now battling Jeff's 'M and Larry's Z4.

"Z4, use your Fury Attack!" Larry yelled.

"'M, Water Gun!" commanded Jeff.

"Snorlax, go for Body Slam!" ordered Red.

"Nidoking, Horn Attack!" said Orange.

Nidoking and Z4 charged at each other, the latter sprouting multiple dangerous-looking spikes from the front of its body. The Box Bee Pokémon dove beneath Nidoking's horn and jabbed at it repeatedly with its spikes, causing the Poison/Ground-type to roar in pain. Meanwhile, Snorlax's Body Slam missed as 'M soaked it with water sprayed from its mouth.

"Let's finish this, 'M!" Jeff called. "Sky Attack!"

"Z4, use Horn Drill!" added Larry.

"Snorlax, Harden attack!" Red shouted.

"Nidoking, Aurora Beam!" ordered Orange.

However, 'M and Z4 were the first to attack as 'M plowed into Snorlax, a harsh glow coming over its whole body, and Z4 struck Nidoking with a single spinning spike. Nidoking and Snorlax collapsed simultaneously and ceased all movement.

"No!" groaned Orange as he and Red withdrew their unconscious Pokémon.

"Hah!" sneered Larry. "And now our associates should have gathered up every single pPkMnp nesting in the area- OW!" he exclaimed as Jeff slapped him in the head.

"You damn fool!" Jeff exclaimed. How many times do I gotta tell you to not reveal our plan to the enemy!"

"I was doing no such thing!" argued Larry. "All I did was- oh, yeah, wait, that pretty much spoils the whole thing, doesn't it?" he remarked weakly. Jeff facepalmed.

"You guys aren't getting away with this!" Orange exclaimed. "Fearow!" he shouted, turning to face the trio's Pokémon- only to find that they were all trapped beneath a large net, which, despite all their struggling and attacking, wasn't giving way.

"Oh, aren't we?" smirked Jeff. Just then, a large green pickup truck pulled up, packed with cages full of pPkMnp, eliciting a collective gasp of horror from Red, Orange, and Violet. "Now, let's just bag that Missingno. and we'll be on our way." As he spoke, Larry removed a net from the cab of the truck, but stopped short as a screeching noise pierced the air. Everyone wheeled around- Skelefly was back on its feet, its wings spread wide.

"Uh-oh," Red murmured. "Should we start running now?" he asked Violet.

Violet shook her head. "Wait," she said as Skelefly looked her in the eyes. Slowly, Violet approached the Data Pokémon, never breaking eye contact. Or, eye-to-eye-socket contact, as the case may be. After a few moments, Violet smiled and turned to face Team Error. "OK, Team Error," she stated. "Like my boyfriend said, you guys aren't getting away with this! Skelefly, go!"

With another screech and a flap of its wings, Skelefly was in the air again, hovering in place, ready to battle. 'M and Z4 exchanged nervous glances, as did their trainers.

"'M, use your Take Down attack!" Jeff ordered.

"Skelefly, Defense Curl!" called Violet.

To general astonishment, the Missingno. pulled itself into a vaguely spherical shape, and appeared to not take much damage from the attack. As the Missingno. pulled itself out of the Defense Curl, Orange and Red exchanged surprised glances.

"Did Skelefly just obey Violet?" Red asked.

"Looks like it!" Orange nodded.

"Nice, Skelefly," grinned Violet. Skelefly gave a short screech in reply, though this did not sound nearly as unpleasant as its usual screeches.

"Your turn, Z4!" exclaimed Larry. "Use Pound!"

"Skelefly! Flamethrower!" ordered Violet.

As Z4 zoomed forward, buzzing menacingly, Skelefly opened its bony mouth and unleashed a stream of fire from within, and the Bug/Poison-type was roasted within seconds.

"'M! Sky Attack now!" exclaimed Jeff.

As Violet opened her mouth, she noticed that the truck was starting to pull away. "No, you don't!" she exclaimed. "Skelefly, use Bone Club on the truck!"

Screeching loudly, Skelefly dove down and took a swipe at the truck's tires with its skeletal wing, slashing the rear tires in one move. The truck came to a stop as Skelefly flew over to the net under which the rest of the Pokémon were trapped, and pried it open with its wings. The Pokémon all raced out, dashing towards their respective trainers happily.

"Oh, we're screwed," Jeff muttered.

"Yep," nodded Larry.

"Dodrio, Drill Peck those cages open!" Red ordered.

"And now, Skelefly, Egg Bomb attack!" Violet ordered once Dodrio had started to open up the cages. Once all the pPkMnp had escaped, however, Skelefly didn't get a chance to attack- the group of Fortress Pokémon all blasted Jeff and Larry with their Sludge attacks at once.

"Yeah, we're outta here," stated one of the other Team Error grunts as the group exited the truck and took off running the same way the trio had come in the first place.

"Right behind you!" Jeff shouted as he and Larry withdrew 'M and Z4 and took off after them as fast as they could go.

"All right!" exclaimed Orange as Violet hugged Skelefly. "We did it, guys!" He then turned to face the pPkMnp. "Go on home, guys," he added.

The pPkMnp all gave low yet friendly growls before they started hopping off towards a cluster of trees which all seemed to be made out of plastic, aluminum siding, and various even numbers. As they did so, Red, Orange, and Violet proceeded to return all their Pokémon to their Poké Balls.

"Well, that wasn't exactly as relaxing as I was hoping it to be," sighed Violet. "Still, I think we should get moving. We can still get to Chufisa City by nightfall, get something to eat, get a good night's sleep, and then we'll challenge the Gym in the morning."

"Works for me," shrugged Red. "Let's go, then.

With that, the trio headed off, continuing west, until they could see an assortment of houses that seemed to be made of hedges, roofing tiles, nines, fours, and wooden fences in the distance.

"Aha!" Orange exclaimed. "There it is, Chufisa City!"
    ~~~~~~~~
    End of Chapter 29.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 3rd April 2013 at 6:52 AM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

I've been wondering, aren't most of the glitch Pokemon just a big box of garbled pixels? How do people tell them apart?

Skelefly started obeying Violet too quickly, if you ask me.
    Credit to Atari!

I've been wondering, aren't most of the glitch Pokemon just a big box of garbled pixels? How do people tell them apart?

Skelefly started obeying Violet too quickly, if you ask me.
    They may be mostly big boxes of garbled pixels, but they still look different from one another. Just look at their sprites on Bulbapedia. No way you'll be able to confuse LM4 with h Poke, for instance. Also, some of them are shaped differently.

And I agree it didn't take very long for Skelefly to start obeying Violet, but I never really intended for Skelefly's disobedience to be a major detriment to Violet, as was the case with Ash's Charizard.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Pretty good chapter, made better by the fact that you are making them so quickly. And also, what the hell is the ground made of?

If Red does catch a glitch, I hope it's PokéWTrainer. It is The Best Kind.

Also, I think this is the first time all the characters have had all their Pokemon out at once.

Pretty good chapter, made better by the fact that you are making them so quickly. And also, what the hell is the ground made of?
    Grass, rocks, threes, twos, and aluminum siding.

If Red does catch a glitch, I hope it's PokéWTrainer. It is The Best Kind.
    I've already decided what will happen in regards to that.

Also, I think this is the first time all the characters have had all their Pokemon out at once.
    No, they also did this between Moon Canyon. Of course, there were far fewer Pokemon in the group then.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast