Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 404 Error

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdavid102 View Post
    Just caught up. Can I be added to the PM list? I'm enjoying learning about glitch Pokemon. My only comment: I know you gave Jack a lot of Poison-Types in AoA, but don't be afraid to use some again in this story. Orange can catch a Weezing or Arbok or Nidoking if you want him too. Maybe even Nidoqueen. Jack never got one of them
    Sure thing. And I already have Red, Orange, and Violet's final teams planned out, and there are Poison-types present in these plans. As to who gets what, I won't say just yet.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Oh, forgot, can you add me to the PM list?

I make tons of references. If you can spot any of them, please tell me and you'll get pie! Now you'll have to pay for the pie, but it's pie nevertheless.

Spoiler:- Credits.:

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveeon8 View Post
    Oh, forgot, can you add me to the PM list?
    Not a problem.

Expect the next chapter within days.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Sorry for the wait. These summer days are making me lazy. More than usual, anyway.

Chapter 8: Bad Day At Moon Canyon
    ~~~~~~~~

"Spearow, Fury Attack!" commanded Orange.

"Z4, use your own Fury Attack!" said Orange's Bug Catcher opponent.

The enemy's Z4 sprouted several sharp stingers all over its body and threw itself through the air, though Orange's Spearow took no notice as it flew up high and attempted to dive-bomb its own trainer.

"Hey! HEY!" roared Orange as he narrowly avoided being skewered by his own Spearow. "Not me, Spearow! Attack the enemy!"

"...OK..." the Bug Catcher said slowly, as he realized that the battle wasn't likely to go anywhere fast. "I'm just gonna... leave now." He then proceeded to withdraw Z4 back into its Poké Ball and slowly walk away.

"Hah! I win again! You forfeit! I win aga-OW!" Orange exclaimed as Spearow slammed into him. "Spearow, return!"

Once Spearow was back in its Poké Ball, Red and Violet approached him. Orange grinned at his companions.

"Another victory for me!" he said. "That's four in a row now!"

"They didn't forfeit," sighed Violet for what felt like the trillionth time that day. "They knew your Spearow wasn't gonna attack their Pokémon, so they just left."

"Hey, they're the ones with no patience!" Orange said. "They leave, they forfeit!"

"Orange?"

"Yes?"

"Shut up."

Though Orange stopped talking, he still shot a glare at Violet as the trio continued walking.

The scenery changed somewhat. Though it still looked as random as ever, there was more rock than ever mixed in with the weird square puddles of water, stacks of roofing tiles, and tall trees that looked like they were shoddily built out of fragments of drywall, chunks of brick, ice cubes, and tin cans. Then, Red saw it.

"Whoa," he murmured. For at that point, the ground looked as if it had been cracked open, on a massive scale. The resulting chasm was several miles across, easily.

"Yep," nodded Orange. "This is Moon Canyon."

The walls of Moon Canyon looked very much like the ground on which they walked- random chunks of rock, dirt, grass, odd and out-of-place puddles of water, and the occasional number. Numerous large holes could be seen in various parts of the walls, presumably leading to a network of underground tunnels.

"So how do we get across?" asked Red.

"Oh! I got it!" exclaimed Orange. "Maybe if we get up a good running start, we can jump across it! What?" he added defensively, for Red and Violet had both turned to him with odd expressions on their faces.

"Orange, a Hitmonlee wouldn't be able to make that jump," Violet said. "You can't seriously think you'd be able to."

"Wait a minute," Red said thoughtfully. "I got an idea. What if we just have Q float us across with its psychic powers?"

"Huh... that's actually a good idea," nodded Violet.

"Yeah!" added Orange.

"Nope," came a gruff voice from behind the trio. Simultaneously, they wheeled around to find themselves face-to-face with a very bulky man in hiking gear. "'Fraid that won't work. You ain't the first trainers with ideas like that, I'll have you know."

"Who are you?" asked Red.

"Name's Marc," replied the man. "I'm a hiker, see. Came out to Moon Canyon for a little fun. Gonna climb down one side, then go up the other. That's yer best bet, far as getting across this thing is concerned."

"I'm no good at that sort of thing," Violet said quietly. "Why didn't they just build a bridge across it anyway?"

"They did," Marc said. "Only thing is, there weren't enough funds, so they had to go with one of them cheap rope bridges. Snapped like a twig just two weeks back. Just glad no one was hurt, it had just been due to some Zubat gnawing on the ropes."

"So why don't they fix it?" asked Orange.

Marc shrugged. "Damned if I know," he said. "Probably they realized that kind of bridge weren't that safe, and they're saving up to build something more reliable."

"Wait a minute," Red said. "Why wouldn't using Q's psychic powers to float across the canyon work anyway?"

"Ah, now, as fer that, I can't really say for sure. Telekinetic power never seemed to work right around this canyon. Some say it was cause of that giant Moon Stone what formed this thing to begin with, but I dunno. So anyways, I dunno about you, but I'm climbing my way across that canyon." With that, he headed towards the edge and slowly began to climb down. Red peered over the side and saw that Marc was taking advantage of places where the rocks and numbers jutted out of the canyon's sides, using them to climb down the sheer slope as if it were a ladder.

"That doesn't look too hard, actually," said Red. "What say we give it a shot?"

"I dunno," Orange said warily.

"Orange, stop being such a wuss," snapped Violet. "Red's right, it looks a lot easier than I thought it would be. What's the worst that can happen?"

Though still clearly uncertain about the whole thing, Orange relented. Red started down the side of the canyon, followed by Violet, who was followed by Orange. Red was right- it was easy. The rocks and numbers that jutted out proved to be more than capable of supporting their weight, and were very easy to grip. About halfway down, however, a loud cracking noise could be heard from above Red, followed by Orange's mutter of "Uh-oh."

"I'm almost afraid to ask-" began Red before Orange, having accidentally dislodged a seven with his foot, lost his balance completely and fell onto Violet, who fell onto Red, sending the three trainers plummeting into the abyss.

Down they fell, until with a great SPLASH, they landed in what appeared to be a small pond at the bottom of the canyon, except it seemed to be immeasurably deep. As Red climbed out, he saw Violet doing the same. Then he looked around and realized who was missing.

"Where's Orange?" asked Red.

"Oh, no," gasped Violet. "He can't swim! And these things can get up to fifty feet deep!"

"Oh, man," said Red as Violet got ready to jump back into the water, tears starting to form in her eyes. "Oh, damn! Violet, we gotta do something."

"I'm gonna jump in after him," Violet declared as she approached the edge of the water. Just as she bent her knees and prepared to jump, however, a familiar redheaded figure broke through the surface of the water.

"Orange!" Red exclaimed. "Are you OK- What in the hell are you riding?" For beneath Orange was a strange cubelike being, three feet in every direction, with a blocky and random pattern of various shades of blue all over its body. Out of sheer curiosity, Red held his Pokédex out.

"LM4, the Bubble Cube Pokémon," droned Red's Pokédex. "Though famed for its violent battle style, LM4 is kind-hearted. It will always try to rescue any drowning human it encounters."

"L M," cooed LM4, happy that Orange was OK.

"Hey, guys!" grinned Orange. "Sorry about that. That was awesome, LM4 saved me!"

"I'm glad you're OK," said Red, grinning back. Violet, too, was smiling, though she remained quiet. LM4 drifted to the edge of the deep pond, allowing Orange to climb back onto dry land.

"Thanks, LM4," Orange said as the trio began to walk across the bottom of the canyon, making for the other side. They were shortly stopped, however, by Marc.

"You kids OK?" he asked. "I'd have helped out, only I couldn't climb down no faster."

"Yeah, we're fine, thanks," Violet said. "We-"

At that moment, however, a tremendous explosion rocked the entire canyon, coming from the trio's left. Red led the way as they ran over to see what was happening. Once the dust had settled, they could see a group of men, dressed in identical purple outfits, the shirts all emblazoned with a large, orange "E".

"Hey, what's going on here?" demanded Orange. This caused them to notice the trio.

"Hey! What are you kids doing here?" snapped one of the men, stepping forward, a Poké Ball in his right hand. "We're in the middle of an important mission here, so beat it!"

Violet, however, gasped. "Orange!" she breathed. "That's Team Error!"

"Oh, so you've heard of us, have you?" sneered another man. "Fans of ours, are you?"

"Hardly," Violet replied coldly. "I've heard of you, all right, the way you all cause all sorts of trouble, just like that Team Debug!"

At these words, many of the Team Error grunts let out low hisses.

"Do not compare us to those extremist nincompoops!" roared the first man. "Team Debug's goal is to wipe out entire races of Pokémon! We, the noble Team Error, exist to thwart the dastardly efforts of Team Debug!"

"So what do the explosions accomplish, anyway?" asked Orange.

"Simple," the second man replied. "Team Debug is funding research to have the fossils of ancient Pokémon restored, so we're trying to destroy all the fossils-"

"Idiot!" roared the first man, slapping the second grunt in the face. "What did you tell them that for? Don't you remember what the boss said? Never, never reveal our plans to outsiders!"

"Hey, what gives?!" said the second man defensively. "I didn't reveal our plan to... to... oh, I guess I kinda did, didn't I?"

The first man facepalmed. "I knew the boss was having trouble with finding good recruits, but this is ridiculous," he muttered.

"Uh, Jeff?" the second man said. "Don't we still gotta deal with these kids?"

"What do you mean, deal with us?" Orange exclaimed defiantly.

"I dunno. I mean, they can't be all bad, Larry," Jeff said fairly. "That LM4 there really seems to like the redhead."

"Hmm?" Orange said in surprise. He turned around, and sure enough, the LM4 from before was flopping around his feet, happily exclaiming "L! M! LM4!"

"Yeah, that's true," the second man, apparently called Larry, said. "It's rare to see a trainer that's so liked by Modern Pokémon."

"Modern Pokémon?" repeated Red questioningly.

"Yeah, Modern Pokémon," said Jeff. "The ones that are really geometric in shape. LM4, .4, 44Hy, and the like. Team Debug, see, hates those kinds of Pokémon, calls them Glitch Pokémon." Jeff made a distasteful face as he spoke those last two words. "They seem to think Modern Pokémon aren't natural, and prefer to stick with Old Pokémon, stuff like Raichu and Goldeen and Weezing. Still, for kids who like Modern Pokémon, why are you opposing us?"

"Well, for one thing, fossils belong in museums," stated Violet. "You're blowing up pieces of history."

"It's a little iffy, yeah," conceded Jeff, "but we got our orders. The boss wants us to stop Team Debug's plans before they start. Say, could we see the rest of the Modern Pokémon you all have?"

"OK..." said Orange as he took all the Poké Balls off his belt and threw them. "Come on out, everybody!"

The balls burst open and unleashed blasts of energy which formed themselves into Q, .4, and Spearow. Larry nodded approvingly at .4, but Jeff narrowed his eyes at the sight of Spearow.

"You dare possess an Old Pokémon?" he exclaimed. "What are you, a Debug loyalist or something?! You try to gain our trust with your Modern Pokémon, and then you pull this garbage?!"

"What's the difference, anyway?!" Orange exploded. "Pokémon are Pokémon! I'll admit Spearow and I don't get along that well, but I still love him the same as the rest of my team!"

Spearow, meanwhile, had paused in his ascent, which would probably have led to dive-bombing. Unknown to anyone else, he was listening to what Orange was saying.

"Well, then, we'll just have to teach you proper respect, won't we?" sneered Jeff as he threw a Poké Ball. "Go! pPkMnp!"

Jeff's Poké Ball unleashed into the open a black-and-white being with sparse blue and red markings. It was rectangular in shape, though it was more vertical than A had been. Its entire left side was cloaked in a sinister purple aura. It let loose a deep roar. Orange took out his Pokédex and pointed it at the creature.

"pPkMnp, the Fortress Pokémon," said the Pokédex. "pPkMnp moves slowly and cannot attack with much effectiveness. Its true strengths lie in its rock-solid defense. pPkMnp is of the Poison-type."

"This will be tricky, Orange," warned Violet. "Physical blows will do almost nothing to a pPkMnp!"

Before Orange could reply to this, LM4 had flopped its way in front of Orange. "Four!" it exclaimed defiantly.

"Wow," Red said. "Orange, I think LM4 wants to fight p... pkm... that thing!"

"I'd say so," Orange murmured. "Is this true, LM4?"

"L! LM!" LM4 exclaimed in an encouraging tone.

Orange then broke out into a wide grin as he consulted his Pokédex for a list of LM4's attacks. "Ooh," he muttered. "Lot of good ones here. All right, LM4! Water Gun!"

"Foooouuur!" bellowed LM4 as it let loose a stream of water from the front of its body.

"pPkMnp, use Sludge!" Jeff growled.

pPkMnp roared as a stream of thick, smelly, black liquid blasted forth from its body, meeting the Water Gun halfway. Neither move allowed the other to make any further progress, and the two combatants quickly ceased to use them.

"LM4, Quick Attack now!" Orange commanded.

With blinding speed, LM4 leapt off the ground and lunged at pPkMnp, only to bounce off the Poison-type's body with a resounding CLAAAAANG.

"Orange, I told you, physical moves won't do much to it!" Violet hissed.

"We got 'im now!" Jeff exclaimed. "Use Thunder!"

"Aurora Beam now!" Orange called desperately.

As pPkMnp's body crackled with electricity, LM4 unleashed a rainbow-colored ray from one of its corners, causing the Fortress Pokémon to roar in pain. It fell backwards and hit the ground with a thud, and moved no more.

"Nice one, LM4!" Orange exclaimed as Jeff withdrew his pPkMnp. Larry, however, took Jeff's place, throwing a Poké Ball of his own.

"Now it's my turn!" he declared. Go, 7g!"

In a flash of light, a small, pink cube with strange, dot-like black and white markings materialized. It floated in midair, appearing to be not much larger than a .4.

"G...." it muttered in a voice which suggested an overall lack of intelligence. Curious, Red held his Pokédex out at this newcomer.

"7g, the Slow Pokémon," it droned. "Though low in intelligence, it will always obey an order given to it. Even if ordered to use a move it does not know, it will attempt to use it anyway."

"LM4, you can't do this," insisted Orange. "You're a Water and Fighting-type, and 7g is a Water and Psychic-type. You're at a disadvantage."

"M!" replied LM4 defiantly as it made a motion similar to shaking one's head.

"Are you sure?" Orange asked.

"Four," was the response. This time, LM4 seemed to be nodding.

"Your funeral," said Larry. "7g, Confusion!"

"Seeeevvveeeeen...." yawned 7g as it unleashed a ray of blue Psychic energy.

"Dodge it with Quick Attack!" Orange exclaimed. Swiftly, LM4 bounded out of the way of the attack, then lunged at 7g and tackled it to the ground.

"Use Double-Edge, 7g!" roared Larry.

"LM4, PoisonPowder!" Orange commanded.

7g rose back into the air and prepared to slam into LM4, only to be met with a cloud of shimmering purple dust, sprayed from the four topmost corners of the cube that was LM4. 7g instead fell to the ground and began coughing.

"Let's wrap this up!" Orange shouted triumphantly. "Rolling Kick!"

"Foooooooooooooooooour!" LM4 called out as it bounded into the air. Out of its side sprouted a mass of glowing brown energy which formed itself into a foot-like shape. LM4 then began spinning around as it descended, and slammed its foot into 7g, plowing it into the ground.

Scowling, Larry withdrew his unconscious 7g. "This is not over," he said menacingly.

"Oh, I think it is," sneered Violet as she took out a Poké Ball of her own. "Flutters, use your Sleep Powd-"

"Error Smoke Screen!" one of the grunts randomly shouted as he threw a small, grey sphere to the ground. Almost before the Butterfree was clear of its Poké Ball, the smoke cleared, revealing the Error Grunts to have fled. Then, a familiar pinging sound could be heard from behind Orange and Violet- the sound of a Poké Ball successfully catching a Pokémon. Simultaneously, they turned around to spot Red gleefully scooping up a Poké Ball.

"Red, what's that?" asked Violet.

"Didn't you see me and LM4 battle?" asked Orange dejectedly.

"Of course I did," said Red. "But I saw that one of those rocks that was loosened by the explosion was about to flatten a wild Paras, so I did the first thing I could think of- I threw a Poké Ball at it. The ball knocked Paras out of the rock's path, and then caught it. OK, Paras, come on out," he added as he held out the ball. In a flash of light, a small, orange creature appeared. It had four small legs, and two larger front ones, which more closely resembled claws than anything else. A pair of large, beady eyes poked out of its front, directly above its small mouth. On its back sat a pair of small mushrooms.

"Paaaras?" squeaked the Pokémon, seeming to only just become aware that it was not about to be crushed by a falling boulder. Orange stifled a squeak as he hid behind Violet and held out his Pokédex.

"Paras, the Mushroom Pokémon," droned the device. "Paras burrows underground to suck on tree roots. Its mushrooms grow by absorbing nutrients from the bug host. Paras is a Bug and Grass-type."

"It's kinda cute," smiled Violet.

"It's kind of a Bug-type," shuddered Orange.

"Well, I like it," declared Red. "I was only trying to rescue it, but now that I see it up close, I kinda like this little guy." At these words, Paras happily climbed up onto Red's shoulder.

Orange opened his mouth, possibly to object to Paras's inclusion in the group, when a small cry of "Fooooour?" distracted him. He looked down to see LM4 gently nudging him.

"Wha- Ohhhh," smiled Orange as he knelt down to LM4. "You wanna come with me, don't you?"

"L! LM4!" exclaimed LM4 happily.

Now grinning widely, Orange took a Poké Ball out of his backpack and wordlessly tapped LM4 with it. The Bubble Cube Pokémon was transformed into transparent red energy and vacuumed into the sphere. The Poké Ball barely wobbled before making its telltale ping sound.

"All right!" Orange exclaimed. "I caught an LM4!"

"Cool, I guess," said Red as Orange withdrew Q, .4, and Spearow. "Truth be told, I'm still really weirded out by all these different Pokémon."

"You'll get used to them, Red," Violet said kindly. "I know, Tanko is still kind of a strange place to you-"

"Oh, come on," scoffed Orange. "What part of this place could possibly be considered strange?

"Orange?"

"Yes?"

"Shut up."

~~~~~~~~
    End of Chapter 8.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 21st June 2012 at 2:40 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

I like the idea. You incorporated another off-screen capture but this one was different. It made more sense and seemed more thought out than other ones you've done in AoA. BTW, I noticed in your signature, it only says chapter 6 is up in 404 Error. I believe we're on chapter 8.
    I think the following is a bit obviously going to happen:
        Spoiler:- Its gonna happen:

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

Cool. I can't spot any grammar mistakes. My current favourite pokemon of this fic is Spearow. But I don't think that Spearow's going to attack Orange any more cause of the speech.

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

I like the idea. You incorporated another off-screen capture but this one was different. It made more sense and seemed more thought out than other ones you've done in AoA. BTW, I noticed in your signature, it only says chapter 6 is up in 404 Error. I believe we're on chapter 8.
    Yeah, forgot about that. Fixed, thanks.

Spoiler:- Its gonna happen:
        Spoiler:- Well...:

Quote Originally Posted by legolover8 View Post
    Cool. I can't spot any grammar mistakes. My current favourite pokemon of this fic is Spearow. But I don't think that Spearow's going to attack Orange any more cause of the speech.
    Orange's speech certainly will have had an effect on Spearow.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Nice chapter, we are introduced to Team Error and see that they are just as messed up as Team Debug. Lots of battling and two new Pokemon join the group.
    Sorry about the short post, I got a bad connection where I am, but I'm not going to let that spoil my record of posting after every chapter.

Knightfall signing off...

Quote Originally Posted by Knightfall View Post
    Nice chapter, we are introduced to Team Error and see that they are just as messed up as Team Debug. Lots of battling and two new Pokemon join the group.
    Sorry about the short post, I got a bad connection where I am, but I'm not going to let that spoil my record of posting after every chapter.

Glad you like it! And don't worry about the short post. I'm too impressed by your dedication to be bothered by it.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Awesome chapter! Finally Red captures a new pokemon, it's been awhile. Good work MM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Christianity is a Relationship with our true God, Jesus. It's not a Religion. Copy and paste If you agree

Registeel is mine, yay!

Adventure of Adventureness & Awesome of Awesomeness: Smashing the 4th wall into gazillion pieces since 2010. - Sig too long, so Mod a cropped it

Well. This is something. I read a little bit of your Adventures of Adventureness and grew bored rather fast. But this story is actually pretty interesting!

I keep on referencing to Bulbapedia to these Glitch Pokemon, and is it my imagination, or are they all almost the exact same thing?!

Throwing in this whole parallel universe thing in actually somewhat appealing. Watching Red scratching his head along with the rest of us over the weirdness of this all is keeping me sane, I think.

There are errors. Fix them. Or else.

The oldest game I've ever played was FireRed...

Can I be on the PM list?

I made an equation with this story;

Orange=Idiot

Oh, yeah, andnfhb3685 SHUTTING DOOOWWWN ERROR ERROR

(Sorry, Knightfall for ripping you off)

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Nice story! Now to stop reading so I can read the Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan. I can't wait for the next chapter! I might have to make sprites for the trainers. Hurray!

I make tons of references. If you can spot any of them, please tell me and you'll get pie! Now you'll have to pay for the pie, but it's pie nevertheless.

Spoiler:- Credits.:

Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePokemonExpert View Post
    Awesome chapter! Finally Red captures a new pokemon, it's been awhile. Good work MM.
    Thanks, glad to see you liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol View Post
    Well. This is something. I read a little bit of your Adventures of Adventureness and grew bored rather fast. But this story is actually pretty interesting!
    Well, I'm glad you think so. Not the part about getting bored with The Adventure of Adventureness, the bit about how this story is interesting.

I keep on referencing to Bulbapedia to these Glitch Pokemon, and is it my imagination, or are they all almost the exact same thing?!
    It's probably best to consult Bulbapedia for info on the Glitch Pokémon. Some of them do indeed have things in common with each other. Some of them look the same as others (tbh I haven't worked out how I'm gonna handle that yet, but it will be addressed at one point), some share identical movepools, and so forth.

Throwing in this whole parallel universe thing in actually somewhat appealing. Watching Red scratching his head along with the rest of us over the weirdness of this all is keeping me sane, I think.
    And there is a lot more head-scratching to come for poor Red. Certain... unique aspects of Tanko's unusual terrain will come into the story soon enough.

There are errors. Fix them. Or else.
    Point out any errors I've missed and I'll be glad to fix 'em.

The oldest game I've ever played was FireRed...
    Well, RBY's where it started for me, so I'm pretty familiar with the original games. Back in those days, Wrap was actually worth using, Hyper Beam didn't make you recharge if the opponent was KO'd by it, and Toxic + Leech Seed was a combination to be feared and dreaded. Oh, lord, now I feel old.

Can I be on the PM list?
    Not a problem.

I made an equation with this story;

Orange=Idiot
    You=right

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveeon8 View Post
    Nice story! Now to stop reading so I can read the Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan. I can't wait for the next chapter! I might have to make sprites for the trainers. Hurray!
    Ooh, sprites, I'd like to see those. FYI, for Red's sprite, it'd be more like how Red dressed back in Generation I than how his current sprites and artwork depict him, FYI.

The next chapter, I'll be honest, I have not started yet. I'll probably be getting out the next Special Chapter for The Adventure of Adventureness first, whenever I get that done. I'll try to get something done by the end of the month, but beyond that, no promises.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

OK, you know how I said I'd probably get the next Adventure of Adventureness special chapter out before the next 404 Error chapter? Yeah, not so much. I'll be honest, I'm growing more fond of writing for this than for The Adventure of Adventureness. Only slightly, though. I still enjoy writing that, just not as much as this, at least at the moment. But enough about that, enjoy Chapter 9!

Chapter 9: Adventures in Psyduck-Sitting
    ~~~~~~~~

The rest of the journey through Moon Canyon was relatively uneventful. The trio climbed their way out of the canyon, ending up on the opposite end from where they started, with not a single issue.

"Well, thank goodness we got out of there," remarked Orange as he looked back at the vast chasm. "Should be smooth sailing the rest of the way to Ruceelna City."

"Good," said Red. "Though with the Gym coming up, don't you guys think we ought to get in some training?"

"Good thinking, Red," nodded Violet. "OK, so who's gonna battle who first? Wait, hold that thought, what's that?"

Confused, Red turned to look, for something behind him had caught Violet's attention. It quickly became evident what it was; making its way unsteadily across the rough and uneven terrain was a plump, yellow creature with a large, flat bill on its face. It waddled on a pair of webbed feet that seemed to be directly attached to the bottom of its body, without any legs, and it was clutching its head with a pair of limbs that appeared to be halfway between arms and wings.

"Oh, a Psyduck!" said Red, having spotted the Pokémon. "I've seen those before." Violet took out her Pokédex and pointed it at the Psyduck.

"Psyduck, the Duck Pokémon," the device droned. "Constantly plagued by a headache. It has been known to exhibit mysterious powers on occasion."

"Wait, so that thing always has a headache?" asked Orange. "That is weird."

"Well, I like it," grinned Violet as she readied a Poké Ball. "I think I know what I'm catching today!" She then threw the sphere. "Chompy, I choose you!" she called out.

The ball split open, and in a flash of light, Violet's Bellsprout appeared. "Bellsprout," it said as it faced Psyduck, who had only just noticed the group.

"Psy?" asked Psyduck as it tilted its head, its face registering a look of total cluelessness.

"Chompy, Vine Whip now!" Violet ordered.

"Sprooouut!" exclaimed Chompy as it extended a pair of slender green vines, intent on whipping the Psyduck with them. Psyduck, however, moved quickly; it stopped clutching its head and instead used its wing-like arms to grab the ends of the vines and yank on them, pulling Chompy in close. Psyduck then wrapped its arms around the Bellsprout and began to wrestle with it in a reckless manner.

"Is that a Submission attack?" asked Orange, somewhat impressed. "I didn't think a Psyduck could pull off such a move!"

"Chompy, use Growth!" said Violet.

"Bell... sproooooouuuut!" replied Chompy as its body began to increase in size, forcing Psyduck to let go. Then, without waiting for orders, the Bellsprout coiled its root-like body around Psyduck and began to squeeze hard. Frantically, Psyduck launched a stream of water from its bill, but the Water Gun failed to hit its target.

"Whoa, check it out!" Orange breathed. "What's going on with Chompy?" Violet's Pokédex spoke up, answering the question,

"Wrap," it said. "An attack involving the binding and squeezing of the opponent with one's long body, vines, or tentacles. Inflicts damage and temporarily immobilizes one's foe."

"Nice!" Violet exclaimed. "Chompy, you learned how to use Wrap! OK, keep it up!"

Red, however, was remembering how the Pokédex had mentioned Psyduck's mysterious powers. At the same time, he couldn't help but notice that an ominous blue glow had appeared in Psyduck's eyes- the sort of glow he'd come to associate with the usage of the Confusion attack.

"Violet, look out," he warned, "I think it's about to use-"

"DUUUUUUUUUCK!" screamed Psyduck suddenly, blasting Chompy with a ray of blue light, forcing the Bellsprout to relinquish its grip and throwing it through the air, where it landed at Violet's feet, struggling to get back up.

"...Confusion," Red finished lamely.

"Chompy, are you OK?" asked Violet.

"Sproooout..." moaned Chompy as the Bellsprout unsteadily climbed to its root feet.

"So what's the deal with this thing, anyway?" asked Orange. "What, is it Water and Psychic?"

"No, just Water," said Red. "Professor Oak told me that a Psyduck's psychic powers are more potent when its headache was worse. I'm guessing that Wrap attack didn't do much for its headache."

"Didn't even think of that," muttered Violet. "Chompy, let's try Sleep Powder!"

"Sproooooout," replied Chompy as it exhaled a cloud of glittering blue dust from its mouth. Psyduck's eyelids began to droop as the powder settled all around it. Finally, the Duck Pokémon slumped to the ground, snoring softly.

Wasting no time, Violet pulled a Poké Ball out of her fanny pack, enlarged it, and threw it. "Go, Poké Ball!" she shouted as she did this. The ball whizzed through the air, and once it struck the sleeping Psyduck, split open. At the same time, Psyduck was turned into a shapeless mass of translucent red energy, which was then sucked into the open ball. The Poké Ball snapped shut and hit the ground, whereupon it began to rock back and forth. Violet held her breath, her eyes focused upon the wiggling sphere, as if convinced here persistent glare would help keep it shut.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the ball emitted a single pinging sound and fell still. Violet exhaled and scooped up the Poké Ball. "I caught Psyduck! Yes!" she exclaimed.

"Nice," said Orange, grinning.

"Congratulations, Violet," added Red. "What are you gonna name it?"

"Migraine," she responded. "I know that once it evolves into Golduck, it won't have a headache anymore, but by that time, its psychic powers will be intense enough that it could give its opponents headaches if it wanted to."

"Clever," replied Red, clearly impressed.

"Or, you're just too lazy to think of a name that would suit it as a Golduck," chimed in Orange.

"Orange?" sighed Violet exasperatedly.

"Wh-Ohhhhhhh, no, no, no, you do not!" Orange exclaimed suddenly. "Don't think I haven't noticed this, Vi. You want me to go 'What?' so you can tell me to shut up, like you always do. Well, not this time! You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna just stay quiet and not answer you!" As if to prove his point, Orange slammed his mouth closed, and gave Violet a very smug grin. Violet raised her eyebrows at this, but did not question his logic.

"Come on," she said to Orange and Red as she withdrew Chompy. "We keep walking now, we should get to Ruceelna before nightfall." With that, she led the way, Orange still smirking smugly, mouth tightly shut. Within minutes, however, Orange's smug demeanor slowly gave way to a look of dawning comprehension.

"Hey, wait a minute!" shouted Orange suddenly. "That's not fair!"

"Took you long enough to figure that out, Orange," laughed Violet. "Mind you, I'm not complaining. The silence was a nice change of pace."

"Change of pace!?" repeated Orange indignantly. "Are you implying that I talk too much? Huh? Are you saying I talk too much? Red, do I talk too much?"

Red jumped slightly, clearly not having expected to have to participate in this conversation. "Well... I... Uh..." he stammered. Fortunately for him, Orange was far too impatient to wait for a coherent answer.

"There, you see?" he said to Violet. "Red doesn't think I'm too talkative. If he was, he'd have said something." Violet facepalmed.

"So, yeah, about training for the next Gym?" Red prompted Violet.

"Red, I thought you'd want to rush through this region as fast as possible, though," Orange said in surprise. "Don't you wanna get to Bincanar Island as quick as possible, get some answers, and get home?"

"I do," Red assured him. "But truth be told, I find Tanko to be fascinating. I do want to go home, but I figure as long as I'm here, why not make the most of it?"

"That's a good attitude to have, Red," Violet said, smiling approvingly.

"You're still not used to some of the Pokémon here, though, are ya?" asked Orange. "When are you gonna start warming up to .4 and Q and-"

"When you start warming up to Paras and Caterpie," retorted Red. This shut Orange up. Violet was quick to notice this, and smiled at Red. Orange saw this, and it seemed to further annoy him.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Not much later, Violet voiced the notion that they should all take a break for a little while. Red, whose legs were starting to ache from the constant walking, combined with the previous bout of rock climbing, was more than happy to agree with this. Orange, on the other hand, was not so obliging.

"Come on, guys!" he whined. "I thought we were gonna try to get to Ruceelna City before nightfall!"

"Orange, relax, we're making good time," said Violet. "We can afford a short break. Why don't we let our Pokémon out, let them relax too?"

"Sounds like a plan," replied Red as he threw three Poké Balls into the air. "Charmeleon, Rattata, Paras, come on out!"

"Chompy, Flutters, Migraine, let's go!" added Violet as she launched her three Poké Balls.

"Q, .4, Spearow, LM4, we might as well," sighed Orange, who seemed to finally accept that Violet and Red weren't about to listen to his constant whining any time soon.

With a great display of dazzling white light, the ten Pokémon materialized. Charmeleon stood a fair distance from the rest of them, arms folded, and Spearow began to fly in large circles over everyone's heads, but the rest of the Pokémon began to interact with one another eagerly. Migraine, however, didn't seem too interested in talking; LM4 approached the Duck Pokémon and began to talk to it, but its responses of "Psy? Duck?" were apparently not what the Water/Fighting-type was hoping to hear, as it flopped away shortly afterwards.

"I'm so bored," whined Orange. "Why can't we keep going?"

"You don't want to rest a little bit, Orange?" asked Red, who was currently seated upon what appeared to be an aluminum tree stump. "That climb wasn't exactly easy."

"Red's right, Orange," added Violet. "We can't just wear ourselves out with constant physical activity, it's not healthy. We got to take it easy every once in a- Q, what is it?"

For at that moment, the Deep Sea Pokémon had floated over to the trio (Red, who hadn't seen it coming, tumbled backwards in shock, falling off his stump). "Kyuuu, kyuuu," it said, its voice full of urgency.

"It's trying to tell us something," observed Orange as Q motioned in the direction of the other Pokémon. The group looked at the Pokémon, trying to figure out what was wrong, when Violet suddenly gasped.

"Migraine's gone!" she exclaimed. "We have to find him!" Immediately, Red and Orange ran over to their Pokémon.

"Charmeleon, Paras, Rattata, any of you see where Migraine went?" asked Red.

"Char?" replied Charmeleon in a confused voice.

"Parrrras?" added Paras, seeming to be equally confused.

"Rattata?" chimed in Rattata.

"The Psyduck! Violet's Psyduck," said Red. "Which way did the Psyduck go?"

Charmeleon merely shrugged, while Rattata shook its head. Paras, however, gave a call of "Par! Paras!" and began scuttling off.

".4, go and search for the Psyduck from the air!" Orange was saying as Red called out.

"Guys, come on! Paras saw which way Migraine went!"

Immediately, Violet and Orange withdrew the rest of their Pokémon, only for Orange to realize Spearow had evaded the ball's beam; it was instead flying alongside .4.

"Red, check it out!" exclaimed Orange. "Spearow's looking for Migraine along with .4!"

"That's cool and all, but come on!" Violet said urgently. Paras saw which way my Psyduck went, we're following it!"

Though clearly reluctant to follow a Bug-type, Orange nevertheless took off after Red and Violet, both of whom were keeping close behind Paras, who was scuttling along the rocky, grassy, muddy, metallic, wet landscape as fast as its legs would carry it. After several minutes of this, however, Paras had lost the trail.

"Never mind, Paras," said Red consolingly as he held out its Poké Ball. "You did great. Take a rest."

Once Paras was back in its ball, an agitated chattering noise could be heard as .4 zipped up to Orange.

".4, you found Migraine?" said Orange. In response, .4 gibbered unintelligibly, zipped three times around Orange's head, and took off in a different direction. The trio gave chase, though not without difficulty; in order to follow .4, they had to navigate their way around a lot of strange rock formation/tree combinations and several odd tree-like structures that seemed to be made entirely of drywall and machine parts. After a few minutes, they came to a small clearing, with two identically dressed men in dreadfully similar white uniforms, each one with a green D emblazoned on the shirt.

"Team Debug!" exclaimed Orange, Red, and Violet simultaneously. At this, the two men wheeled around. Red could now see two steel cages on the ground behind the men- one contained Migraine, the other had Orange's Spearow.

"You twerps again!" exclaimed one of the men, who Red recognized from Ivadirin Forest.

"You're that bunch from Ivadirin Forest!" said Violet. "Give back my Psyduck!"

"And my Spearow!" Orange added.

"I'm afraid we can't do that, kiddies," said the other grunt, who Red recognized as Lou. "You see, if we're gonna thwart Team Error, we need all the extra Pokémon we can get our hands on- OW!" he exclaimed, for his associate, Will, had slapped him.

"You idiot!" roared Will. "When are you gonna stop revealing our plans to non-Debug personnel?!"

"Oh, relax, we can take 'em," said Lou as he readied a Poké Ball. "Mankey, let's go!"

"Tangela, you too!" Lou added, throwing a Poké Ball of his own.

In twin flashes of light, Mankey and Tangela materialized. Both Pokémon narrowed their eyes, recognizing their opponents.

"Let's do this," announced Red as he threw a Poké Ball. "Paras, I choose you!"

"Chompy, let's go!" added Violet, throwing her own Poké Ball.

Both Paras and the Bellsprout Chompy appeared before their respective trainers, facing their foes defiantly.

"Tangela, Constrict!" called Lou.

"Mankey, Mega Punch!" Will ordered.

"Chompy, use Wrap on Mankey!" said Violet.

"Paras, use Leech Life on Tangela!" commanded Red.

Tangela made the first move, extending a pair of teal vines from the tangled mass that was its body. Paras scuttled out of the way, then lunged at Tangela and bit one of its vines. Tangela gave a squeal of pain and tried to shake the Bug and Grass-type off, but Paras held on tight. Mankey, meanwhile, attempted to slam its fist into the Bellsprout, but Chompy merely wrapped its body around its foe once it got close enough.

"Enough of this!" Will said angrily. "Mankey, use Swift!"

Mankey screeched angrily as it unleashed a cluster of glowing star-shaped fragments of energy from its nose. The stars maneuvered through the air, returning to strike Chompy with excellent precision, causing the Bellsprout to loosen its grip momentarily. Seizing the opportunity, Manky wrenched its right arm free and executed Mega Punch, slamming Chompy to the ground. At the same time, Tangela used the vine Paras was sucking energy from to unleash its Slam attack. Paras was forced to let go as it was slammed against the ground, and it landed next to Chompy, who was struggling to get back up.

"Come on, guys," said Red quietly, desperately. Then, a stream of water struck Mankey squarely in the back, while a brown-and-red blur crashed into Tangela.

"Wh- Orange?!" exclaimed Violet. At this, Will and Lou wheeled around. There, standing triumphantly beside a pair of opened and vacant steel cages, was Orange. Q was floating by his side, and as they watched, Spearow landed on his shoulder. Migraine, meanwhile, waddled back to Violet as fast as it could.

"Little tip for you," said Orange, a smug look on his face. "You might want to consider cages with a more reliable lock. Q barely had to do anything to get it open."

"Kyuuu..." Q murmured modestly.

"Spear! Spearow!" cawed Spearow angrily, glaring at the Team Debug grunts.

"That abomination again! It's hideous!" exclaimed Lou as he pointed at Q. "Come on, Will, let's take it out! Tangela, Skull Bash now!"

"Mankey, use Thrash!" added Will.

Orange turned to face the Spearow on his shoulder and gave it a small smile, which Red could have sworn the Spearow had returned. "Use Razor Wind," Orange said simply. Immediately, Spearow took off and flapped its wings rapidly, unleashing a blast of air at Tangela and Mankey, both of whom screeched in pain.

"It obeyed him!" said Red. "Spearow's listening to Orange now!"

"Probably because Orange went to the trouble to save it," remarked Violet. "Though come to think of it, that little speech of his back in Moon Canyon, I'm willing to bet Spearow was moved by it."

"Spearow, let's finish it! Take Down now!" called Orange.

"Speeeeeeeeeeaaarrrowww!" screeched Spearow as it dove down at Mankey and Tangela, plowing them into their respective trainers. Knowing that this was probably the best time to cut their losses and leave while they still could, Will and Lou withdrew their Pokémon and fled into the woods.

"This isn't over, twerps!" roared Lou. "This isn't over!!"

"Nice going, Orange," said Red as everyone withdrew their Pokémon. "You finally got Spearow to listen to you, and you saved Migraine."

"Yeah... thanks," added Violet, albeit somewhat reluctantly, a fact that Orange was quick to pick up on.

"You really hate the fact that I did something right, don't you?" laughed Orange. "You're happiest when you get to argue with me and tell me to shut up and stuff, aren't you?"

"No," scoffed Violet. "It's just that you doing things right and saving the day, it's a new concept to me. I'm gonna have to get used to it."

"Whatever, let's get moving," said Orange.

"Yeah, we might as well," conceded Red. "Especially if there's more Team Debug goons in the area."

"Good point," Violet admitted. The trio began walking again, managing to make their way out of the grove of rock/drywall/machine part trees with little issue. As it turned out, however, their little detour had taken them quite a distance, and it was therefore not very long before the skyline of a city came into view, all the buildings appearing to be made of pieces of fence, odd numbers, gravel, and various pieces of landscaping. Some buildings seemed to have pools of water built into walls, with the surfaces seeming to be completely vertical, which, as far as Red knew, defied the laws of physics.

"We're here," said Orange. "Ruceelna City!
    ~~~~~~~~
    End of Chapter 9.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Another chapter? Alright then.

Nice scene with Psyduck, I've always had a liking for them and his evolution. He'll come in handy for the next gym me thinks.

Team Debug, when will you learn to go ahead and spend a little extra money on stronger cages?

I'm still on my vacation, so this post will have to end now. Great chapter.

Nice scene with Psyduck, I've always had a liking for them and his evolution. He'll come in handy for the next gym me thinks.
    Well, next Gym is Water-type, so... You're probably thinking of Bincanar and Ivadirin Gyms. Though, you just might be right anyway.

Team Debug, when will you learn to go ahead and spend a little extra money on stronger cages?
    In their defense, their salary sucks.

I'm still on my vacation, so this post will have to end now. Great chapter.
    Thanks, and enjoy your vacation!
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 27th June 2012 at 7:29 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Nice chapter! I love Psyduck, Misty's was what got me to love it. And I'm kinda meh about Spearow obeying Orange. On one hand, I like they finally formed a bond. On the other hand, there isn't gonna be any more comical scenes of Orange's Pokemon attacking him. Or will there be?

Great chapter as always, keep it up!
    I have discovered what a signature is.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I've claimed Castform. It will never rain on my parade.

Woot! Spearow listens to Orange now! And I'm smelling a bit of character development for our little redheaded friend!

I'm not particularly fond of Psyduck, but at least it has Psychic swag without the typing. Still, though, I prefer Staryu and Slowpoke (who can learn Flamethrower :3).
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-nogyroP View Post
    Nice chapter! I love Psyduck, Misty's was what got me to love it.
    Thanks! I like Psyduck, too, mainly for the same reason. Migraine won't be as big a headache to train as Misty's Psyduck, but trust me, there'll still be issues.

And I'm kinda meh about Spearow obeying Orange. On one hand, I like they finally formed a bond. On the other hand, there isn't gonna be any more comical scenes of Orange's Pokemon attacking him. Or will there be?
    It's a distinct possibility.

Great chapter as always, keep it up!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    Woot! Spearow listens to Orange now! And I'm smelling a bit of character development for our little redheaded friend!
    Don't get too used to it. The character development for Orange, I mean, not Spearow listening to him- that, you should get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    I'm not particularly fond of Psyduck, but at least it has Psychic swag without the typing. Still, though, I prefer Staryu and Slowpoke (who can learn Flamethrower :3).
    Actually, Slowpoke can't learn Flamethrower in this fanfic. It goes by Generation I everything, and Slowpoke couldn't learn Flamethrower until Crystal version. And if you like Water/Psychic-types, there's always Orange's Q. And the 7g used by Team Error won't be the only one to show up.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Yes, I love Psyducks!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Christianity is a Relationship with our true God, Jesus. It's not a Religion. Copy and paste If you agree

Registeel is mine, yay!

Adventure of Adventureness & Awesome of Awesomeness: Smashing the 4th wall into gazillion pieces since 2010. - Sig too long, so Mod a cropped it

Why I no get a PM about this? Well, Migraine's capture was unexpected, as well as Team Debug's appearance. Still can't decide if their doing what's right or not. Spearow is one of my favourite Flying-Types, but can they learn Take Down and Razor Wind? I don't think so. Or is this another old-old-game refrence? Damn. I would buy myself Emerald, but its all collectible now. Hope Migraine becomes useful in future chapters.

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePokemonExpert View Post
    Yes, I love Psyducks!
    Pretty cool, aren't they?

Why I no get a PM about this?
    OK, remember when I said I'd add you to the PM list? Turns out I didn't. Sorry about that. I've just added you now, so you'll definitely get a PM for the next chapter.

Spearow is one of my favourite Flying-Types, but can they learn Take Down and Razor Wind? I don't think so. Or is this another old-old-game refrence?
    They can learn Take Down and Razor Wind through TMs in R/B/Y, which is what this fic takes all move compatibility from. It's not the first time, either, remember Tangela's Skull Bash? Rattata's Water Gun? Rhyhorn's Bide? Psyduck's Submission?

I've started the next chapter, but haven't gotten to the battling parts yet. The chapter can reasonably be expected some time next week, maybe this weekend (big, big, huge maybe).

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Chapter 10: Walter, Water, Everywhere
    ~~~~~~~~

The sun was starting to set as the group made their way down the streets of Ruceelna City. At one point, Red noticed a large stone archway in the middle of a street that seemed to be paved with threes, fours, and bricks. To his confusion, Orange and Violet walked around the arch, though it was definitely tall enough for them to walk through.

"Hey, guys, why'd you walk around this arch? It's- agh!" Red exclaimed, for as he was speaking, he walked under the archway, and immediately found that both of his feet were suddenly stuck firmly to the road. Red managed to not fall over, having nearly lost his balance, but simply could not budge his feet an inch.

"Hmm? Red!" exclaimed Violet as she and Orange wheeled around at the sound of his voice. Together, they walked over to Red, each one taking one of his arms, and they yanked hard. With a loud popping sound, Red's feet were pulled free, and the trio fell to the ground.

"Ow," groaned Red as they climbed back to their feet. "What the hell was that?"

"A freeze arch," replied Violet. "They're these stone archways that immobilize anyone who steps through them. You don't have those in Kanto?"

"Nothing even remotely close to them," said Red, looking back at the innocent-looking structure warily, as though fearful that it would suddenly come to life and attack them. "Are there many of these in Tanko?"

"A fair few," said Orange. "Each major city has at least one or two, though they can sometimes be found on routes. They're easy enough to spot, though. I got stuck in one when I was five, back when I lived in Miliovern City. My dad was close by, luckily, so he pulled me out no problem."

"Miliovern City?" repeated Red, frowning. "Wait... How do you spell that? M-I-L-I-O-V-E-R-N?"

"Yeah, why- ohhhh, I see," said Orange. "You rearrange those letters, you get the name of a city in Kanto, right?"

"Vermilion City," nodded Red. "I'm guessing Miliovern is south of here?"

"Right," nodded Violet. "Just past Fansfor City. Which is spelled F-A-N-S-F-O-R, by the way."

"Thought so," nodded Red. "That would correlate to Saffron City in Kanto."

"This is kinda cool," chuckled Orange. "I mean, for years, I've only known of Kanto as an urban legend, a myth about some parallel universe. And now I know, not only is it real, but its city names are the same as ours, just with the letters all scrambled. Well, c'mon, guys, we better get to the Pokémon Center before it gets dark." With that, he took off, running down the street.

"So, Violet," said Red, "Why don't people just take down those freeze arches?"

"They're indestructible," Violet answered. "Nothing in existence can so much as scratch those things. Someone once tried to destroy a freeze arch by telling their 'M to hit it with Take Down, but nothing happened. And 'M have really high attack power, there's not much that can withstand a physical attack from one of those.

Curious, Red took out his Pokédex at the mention of 'M. On the screen appeared an image of a large, rectangular Pokémon, white with black, orange, and purple markings all over. Jutting out from one side was a smaller rectangle with vague facial features.

"'M, the Shoreline Pokémon," droned the Pokédex. "'M thrive in coastal areas, though are not particularly adept swimmers. It flies through the air with style and grace, and hits with the force of a freight train."

"Guys! Come on!" exclaimed Orange, having finally realized his two companions were moving a lot slower than he was. For some reason, judging by the look on his face, this seemed to annoy him more than usual.

Violet sighed. "Yeah, yeah. Come on, Red."
    ~~~~~~~~

Ten minutes later, the trio walked through the double doors made entirely of pencil shavings and entered the Pokémon Center. The nurse greeted them warmly and was more than happy to tend to their Pokémon.

"So," said Red as they waited for their Pokémon to heal up, "What type does the Ruceelna Gym Leader use anyway?"

"Water-types, I think," replied Violet. "Chompy should do fine in this one."

"That's what you said about Rewept Gym, though," observed Orange. "And as I recall, Chompy got one-hit KO'd by Bide."

"Orange?" said Violet.

"Yes?"

"Shut up.

"Water-types, huh?" said Red. "Looks like I'll be trying out Paras here."

"Does it know any Grass moves?" asked Orange.

"Lemme check," replied Red as he took his Pokédex in one hand and Paras's Poké Ball in the other. "OK, Paras's moves... Leech Life... Stun Spore... Scratch."

"Well, at least it's still resistant to Water moves," Violet said.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Orange said. "OK, I got nothing that's especially good against Water-types, but Q and LM4 can at least let me go with the same kind of stuff the leader will be using."

"Huh... that's actually a good point," said Violet, sounding very surprised to be saying such a thing to Orange. "Well, maybe I can use Migraine as well, then."

"All healed!" the nurse said suddenly, as she approached the trio with three trays full of Poké Balls.

"Ah, thanks," said Red as he took his Poké Balls and attached them to his belt. Orange and Violet did likewise, and then the group walked off towards the cafeteria for dinner. Red enjoyed a fiveburger with eight sauce; Orange happily wolfed down a nine casserole; and Violet had an even number salad. After this, the nurse showed them to their room, where a tired Red flopped down onto his bed and fell asleep at once. Not even the inhuman cacophony that was Orange's snoring could awaken him.

At least, not until five o'clock the next morning.

Red woke up to the earsplitting noises Orange was emitting and groaned upon noticing the clock.

"I need earplugs," he groaned as he tossed and turned in his bed, trying to block out the noise with no success. After several minutes of this, however, Red gave up the attempt and climbed out of bed. At that moment, however, Violet yawned as she awoke. Casually, she pulled out her earplugs, walked over to Orange, and slapped him with her pillow, waking him up.

"Zzzz-hmm?! What?! Huh?!" exclaimed Orange as he woke up abruptly.

"I really need a pair of earplugs," said Red, shaking his head.

"Here, take these," replied Violet as she pulled another pair out of her pants pocket and tossed them to Red, who barely caught them. "I keep extra pairs on me just in case."

"Geez, Vi," grumbled Orange. "You act like I snore really loudly or something like that.

"Maybe because, oh, I don't know, you do?" Violet replied sarcastically. "Did you think I wear these earplugs to keep my ears warm?"

"Yeah, whatever, let's eat and get to the Gym," said Orange.

"Orange, it's five in the morning," said Red. "You really think the Gym's gonna be open that early?"

"It's worth a shot, at least," shrugged Orange. "Come on, Red, Vi."

As the trio entered the main lobby of the Pokémon Center, they noticed that it didn't seem closed at all. All the lights were still on, and the cafeteria was still open.

"Knew this'd still be open," said Orange as they took seats around a small table in the cafeteria. "Pokémon Centers run 24/7, because you never know when a trainer's gonna come in from a late-night training session, or some sort of sudden emergency or something."

At that moment, a Chansey had noticed the trio and came waddling right over, ready to take their orders.

"Fried nines, please," said Orange.

"Make that two," Red added. "Those are good." At this, Orange grinned and high-fived Red.

"A small bowl of fresh sixes for me, please," said Violet. Chansey nodded as it scribbled down their orders, then walked away.

"You know, one of these days, Orange," Violet said, "You're gonna get tired of having fried nines every morning."

"Yeah, sure," scoffed Orange. "I'll start ordering something different when that happens, no problem. If that happens, anyway."

"They are pretty good, Violet," said Red.

"She wouldn't know, though," Orange said. "She's an evenetarian."

"Come again?"

"An evenetarian," repeated Orange. "She only eats even numbers."

"Orange, if I've told you once I've told you a hundred times," sighed Violet. "I am not an evenetarian. Evenetarians eat only even numbers because they choose to. I only eat even numbers because I don't like how odd numbers taste."

"You're still an evenetarian," said Orange stubbornly.

"I am not."

"You are too."

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am too!"

"Are not!"

"Am too!"

"No, you are not!" declared Orange. "You are most certainly not an evenetarian and that is final!!"

"Whatever you say," shrugged Violet.

"You're darn right, whatever I say," grinned Orange. Then, as he sat there, his grin slowly gave way to an annoyed expression. "Hey, wait a minute!" he exclaimed suddenly, at which point both Red and Violet started laughing.

"Sorry, Orange," chuckled Red. "But that was hilarious."

At that moment, however, Chansey returned to the table with their meals. Red and Orange happily started in on their fried nines, while Violet picked up a spoon and started to slowly scoop the small sixes out of the bowl and into her mouth.

Once they were done eating and Chansey had scanned their Pokédexes to confirm that they were trainers, Red, Orange, and Violet exited the Pokémon Center and began to walk down the street.

"OK, if I remember the nurse's directions correctly, the Gym should be right around here," stated Orange as he looked around. "Not much farther-aha!" he added in triumph as he pointed down the road, having only just spotted the large structure at the end of it.

The building was massive, constructed from what appeared to be large concrete bricks, pieces of wooden fence, various shrubberies, and a bunch of ones and threes. In the very front, where a set of doors ought to have been, there was instead a large wall of water. As Orange and Violet continued to walk towards it, Red stopped, confused.

"Where's the door?" he asked.

"Right here," replied Orange as he walked right through the wall of water as if it was absolutely nothing. Violet followed with similar results. After taking a moment to stare at the strange entrance, Red tentatively walked through the wall of water. Oddly, it didn't feel a thing like water; indeed, it felt as though a cool breeze was blowing on Red's body from above, like from an air conditioner.

The inside of Ruceelna Gym was brightly lit. The floor, ceiling, and walls were all white, with numerous windows near the ceiling letting in large amounts of sunlight. Most notably, in the middle of the room, there was a large swimming pool built into the floor, with two large, white floating platforms bobbing in place. Then, Red could see someone at the other end of the pool. A teenage boy, looking somewhat older than Orange. His head was covered in unkempt blond hair, and he was wearing only a pair of blue swimming trunks. His exposed torso showed obvious muscle.

"Hey, what's up, dudes?" called the youth. "Welcome to Ruceelna Gym! I'm, like, Walter, the Gym Leader."

"Hi, Walter," breathed Violet, sounding as though she was extraordinarily pleased to make his acquaintance. "I'm Violet Scramble from Talpel Town, and I came to challenge you to a battle!"

"Ahem," butted in Orange, sounding very annoyed. "I'm Orange McPixel, also from Talpel Town, and would like to remind Violet that she is not your only challenger today!"

"Red Vershunn, also from Talpel Town," added Red. "Also here for a battle."

"Right, dudes," nodded Walter as he took his place at the far end of the pool. "I can only battle, like, one of you at a time, so, how about I battle the pretty girl first?" At this, Violet blushed and giggled.

"Heh heh... Fine by me!" she said.

"Two Pokémon each sound cool to you?" called Walter.

"You're the boss," replied Violet.

"Right on," he grinned as he reached for a nearby duffel bag and pulled out a Poké Ball. As he threw it, he shouted, "Let's go, Tentacool!"

In a flash of light, a small, blue Pokémon materialized in the water. Its blue body was vaguely bell-shaped, and possessed two very large red dots, with one smaller red dot between the two. A pair of gray tentacles could be seen coming out of the bottom. Violet took out her Pokédex and aimed it at her opponent.

"Tentacool, the Jellyfish Pokémon. Tentacool drifts in shallow seas. Fishermen who hook it by accident are punished by its stinging acid."

"OK, let's get started!" said Violet as she threw a Poké Ball. "Chompy, I choose you!"

The ball burst open to unleash Violet's Bellsprout, who expertly landed on the floating platform closer to Violet's end of the pool. "Bellsprout, sprout," said Chompy.

"Tentacool, Skull Bash!" called Walter.

"Chompy, Wrap it!" ordered Violet.

With surprising speed, Tentacool sprung out of the water, lunging at Chompy. The Bellsprout, however, merely stretched out its root-lke body and bound it tightly around the oncoming Tentacool.

"We got it now," said Violet. "Tighter, Chompy!"

"Tentacool, like, use Acid!" Walter commanded.

"Cool," replied Tentacool in a slightly nasally voice as it aimed one of its tentacles at Chompy and unleashed a blast of purple liquid from the tip. Chompy screamed as the Acid made contact, and involuntarily released Tentacool.

"Alright, little dude, way to go!" Walter congratulated his Pokémon. "Now, let's show them what, like, a real Wrap attack looks like!"

"Tentacool, Tentacool," chanted Tentacool as it wound its tentacles tightly around Chompy, immobilizing the Bellsprout.

"Use Growth now!" Violet ordered.

"Sprooooooooooooout!" bellowed Chompy as its body took on a greenish aura and began to double in size. A surprised Tentacool was practically forced to let go.

"Whoa, dude," murmured Walter.

"Vine Whip attack!" continued Violet.

"Bellsprout, sprout!" replied Chompy as it extended a pair of thick vines from behind its leaves and smacked Tentacool clear across the pool with them. The Jellyfish Pokémon skidded to a stop on the opposite platform, unconscious.

"Impressive," grinned Walter as he withdrew Tentacool. "Usually, like, Tentacool's good for taking out at least one Pokémon, you know? I've won entire battles just using it."

"It's very well-trained, though," Violet said quickly.

"Well, you thought that was something, you ain't seen my best yet!" said Walter as he produced a second Poké Ball and launched it. "LM4, go!"

In a flash of light, the Poké Ball unleashed an LM4 into the pool. It looked rather identical to Orange's, if not somewhat larger.

"Four four LM4!" it exclaimed as it began to swiftly swim laps around the pool.

"OK, Chompy, try to hit it with Vine Whip!" ordered Violet.

"LM4, like, dodge it!" Walter called out.

Chompy's vines plunged into the water and flailed about, but LM4 deftly evaded each and every attack.

"OK, now, like, hit it with Quick Attack!" said Walter.

"Fooooooouuurr!!" bellowed LM4 as it leapt out of the water and rammed into Chompy's back, sending it into the pool.

"Chompy, get out of there!" exclaimed Violet.

"Aurora Beam!" exclaimed Walter.

As Chompy flailed about in the water in a pathetic attempt to swim to the nearest platform, LM4 unleashed the Ice-type move at point-blank range. The rainbow-colored ray sent Chompy flying out of the pool and crashing down on the platform as it slowly shrunk back down to its original size.

"OK, LM4's a Fighting-type," muttered Violet as she withdrew Chompy. "I think I got an idea!" She then threw another ball. "I choose you, Migraine!"

The ball opened up and unleashed the Psyduck into the open. Migraine landed in the water and began to swim around, eyeing its opponent with its trademark blank look as it climbed onto the platform.

"LM4, like, use ThunderPunch!" exclaimed Walter.

"L M!" replied LM4 as what appeared to be a fist covered in the same patterns as the rest of its body sprouted out of its top side and crackled with electricity. LM4 then zoomed through the water, preparing to leap out at Migraine.

"Migraine, Confusion attack!" called Violet.

"Psy?" was the Psyduck's response as it turned around and tilted its head, obviously not having understood the order.

"Migraine! Come on, I know you know that move!" Violet exclaimed. "Migraine, look out!"

"Psy? DUCK!" exclaimed Migraine as it looked back just in time to see LM4's electrified fist make contact with its gut.

"What's wrong with Migraine?" wondered Red out loud as LM4 retracted its fist. Orange, who didn't seem especially keen on watching the match, merely shrugged.

Meanwhile, the battle wasn't going so well for Violet. Following Migraine's failure to use Confusion, Violet decided to stick with its other attacks, but its Water Gun was overpowered by LM4's BubbleBeam easily.

"Migraine, Submission!" said Violet.

"LM4, like, Wrap!" ordered Walter.

Immediately, a pair of tentacles unraveled themselves from LM4's sides and wound their way around Migraine's torso, squeezing it tightly.

"Let's end this- Rolling Kick!" he ordered.

"Migraine, Water Gun!" Violet cried. It was no good, however- LM4 pulled Migraine in close and slammed a newly-grown foot right into Migraine's head.

"Violet, there's still a chance!" Red exclaimed. "Remember the last time Migraine used Confusion?"

"Right- its headache!" exclaimed Violet as Migraine's eyes took on a blue glow. "A Rolling Kick to the head would give anything a headache! Migraine, use your Confusion attack!"

"Psy..." droned the Psyduck as it unleashed a ray of blue light from its eyes. LM4 screeched horribly as the super effective move made contact, and released its hold on Migraine. The Bubble Cube Pokémon floated on the surface of the water, unmoving.

"Whoa!" exclaimed Walter as he withdrew LM4. "Like, you totally blew me away! Awesome battle." At that point, he reached into his duffel bag, pulled out a blue disc and a small, glittering blue object, then leapt into the pool and swiftly swam over to Violet.

"That was cool," giggled Violet as Walter climbed out of the pool. Orange rolled his eyes.

"Thanks," smiled Walter as he held out the glittering object- small and blue, in the shape of a tidal wave. "Here you go- the Drench Badge. You've totally earned it." As Violet accepted it, he then offered the blue disc. Oh, and here's TM11- it teaches BubbleBeam."

"Thank you," said Violet as Walter went back in the water and swam back to his side.

"Alright, which one of you dudes wants to go next?" he called.

"I'll go," voluteered Red.

"Oh no, you don't," said Orange suddenly, stepping up to the pool. "I'll battle you next!"

Walter shrugged. "Whatever, little dude. Let me heal my Pokémon first." With that, he took both his Poké Balls and placed them on a machine in the back of the room, identical to the one Minerva used back in Rewept Gym. After a few seconds, he took the Poké Balls back and faced Orange. He placed one ball back in the nearby duffel bag and threw the other one. "Tentacool, go!"

The ball split open in midair, and Walter's Tentacool rematerialized in the water, looking as healthy as ever. "Tentacool, Tentacool," it said.

"Spearow," Orange exclaimed as he heaved a Poké Ball into the air, "I choose you!"

In a flash of light, Spearow appeared in midair, screeching loudly as it circled above the pool.

"OK, Tentacool, like, your target's, like, flying around and stuff," explained Walter. "We'll need to try, like, long-range attacks. Use BubbleBeam!"

"Tentacool!" squealed Tentacool as it unleashed a barrage of bubbles from the tips of its tentacles. Spearow, however, evaded them with ease.

"Spearow, Razor Wind attack!" ordered Orange.

"Speeeaaaaarrrowwww!" screeched Spearow as it flapped its wings furiously, sending a gust of razor-sharp air straight at Tentacool, who couldn't dive underwater quickly enough.

"Good job, Spearow, keep it up! Rapid-fire Razor Wind!" grinned Orange.

"Spea! Row! Spea! Row!" grunted Spearow with each flap of its wings, sending wave after wave of wind flying at Tentacool. Occasionally, Tentacool could attempt to block an oncoming Razor Wind with BubbleBeam, but the attack would always get popped by Razor Wind.

"OK, let's finish it! Take Down!" Orange ordered. Immediately, Spearow did a backflip in midair and dove down at Tentacool, who was too tired to try and dodge it. Skimming the surface of the pool with its talons, Spearow plowed Tentacool into the platform, though fell into the water briefly. As Walter withdrew Tentacool, Spearow got out of the water and flew over to the floating platform near Orange, though clearly had a hard time doing so; its feathers were drenched with water, making them much heavier than normal.

"Well done, little dude," remarked Walter. "But now let's see how you handle LM4!" he added as he threw the second Poké Ball, unleashing his Water/Fighting-type into the water.

"Spearow, it's a Fighting-type! Use Peck!" Orange exclaimed. Spearow flapped its wings rapidly, but only succeeding in spraying water in all directions.

"LM4, like, use Aurora Beam!" commanded Walter.

"Fooouur!" shouted LM4 as it unleashed the rainbow-colored attack. Spearow attempted to dodge it, but the flight back to the platform had worn it out too much to be able to get into the air, and the attack sent the soggy Spearow flying into its trainer's arms, clearly unfit for further battling.

"I'm sorry, Spearow," sighed Orange as he withdrew his Flying-type. "If I had just stuck with Razor Wind, you'd have been able to dodge Aurora Beam easily. But that's in the past," he continued as he readied another Poké Ball. "They say to fight fire with fire. Well, in this case, I'll fight Fighting with Fighting!" And he heaved the sphere into the air. "LM4, let's go!"

In a flash of light, Orange's LM4 materialized, landing in the pool. Now able to see the two side by side, Red realized that Orange's LM4 really was somewhat smaller than Walter's, but not by too much.

"Righteous, dude," grinned Walter. "You got an LM4 too! This is gonna, like, be really interesting. LM4, go! ThunderPunch now!"

"Use PoisonPowder!" Orange commanded as Walter's LM4 zipped through the water, electrified fist already at the ready. Orange's LM4 unleashed a plume of purple dust, which stopped its enemy cold. Walter's LM4 now had a purplish hue all over its body, and it was coughing.

"It's poisoned," remarked Red.

"Not bad, little dude," said Walter. "But try and beat our Quick Attack!"

"We'll use Quick Attack, too!" Orange replied. "Go, LM4!"

Simultaneously, the two LM4 darted through the water and collided in the middle. Walter's LM4, being larger, rammed Orange's LM4 hard, sending it crashing onto the floating platform.

"Come on, LM4, you can do it!" Orange exclaimed.

"Four... Four... FOOOOUUUUR!" bellowed Orange's LM4 suddenly as it stood on the floating platform and took on a bright glow. Orange's jaw dropped as LM4's body rounded out somewhat, and sprouted small arms, legs, and pointed ears. A tail and a pair of small wings grew out of its back as the glow faded, revealing a pale pink Pokémon to be standing in LM4's place.

"Did... LM4... But..." stammered Red.

"It evolved into Clefairy!" exclaimed Violet as Orange held out his Pokédex.

"Clefairy, the Fairy Pokémon, and the evolved form of LM4," droned Orange's Pokédex. "Exceptionally cute, Clefairy has many admirers. It is exceedingly rare and appears only in certain areas." As the Pokédex finished speaking, however, Orange's Clefairy began to glow once more. This time, the change in shape was much more drastic. Its small tail became large and thick. Its petite body grew drastically, and its ears became larger. Numerous spikes jutted out of various spots on its body, mainly its back and ears. As a large horn jutted out of its forehead, the glowing stopped, revealing a monstrous purple Pokémon, who roared loudly.

"Now that's more like it!" Orange exclaimed, holding his Pokédex out once again.

"Nidoking, the Drill Pokémon, droned the Pokédex. "Although it is the evolved form of Nidorino, when LM4 evolves into Clefairy, it will promptly evolve again into Nidoking. Nidoking possesses steel-like hide which functions much like armor. Its horn can pierce even diamonds, and its tail packs enough power to destroy concrete structures."

"Very cool," nodded Walter. "Here's the deal, though- Nidoking are, like, Ground-types, which is, like, weak to Water! How are you gonna deal with that?"

"See for yourself," said Orange, grinning widely. "Nidoking has one other move it knew since it was LM4, but I never had it use it before. Didn't really have an opportunity to, but now I do. Nidoking, TM05!"

Nidoking roared as it leapt into the water and, despite its weakness to it, swiftly swam towards LM4, but at the last second, changed direction and vanished into thin air.

"Whoa!" breathed Walter. "My LM4 didn't even learn that move yet! Awesome! LM4, be careful, it could come from anywhere!"

"Nidoking, Quick Attack!" Orange commanded.

With a sudden roar that seemed to come from nowhere, LM4 was suddenly slammed into the side of the pool as Nidoking rematerialized.

"LM4, BubbleBeam now!" called Walter.

"Not happening!" Orange declared. "Nidoking, finish it with Rolling Kick!"

As LM4 unleashed a barrage of bubbles, Nidoking leapt out of the water and expertly delivered a roundhouse kick, sending LM4 crashing into the back wall of the Gym, where it fell to the floor and moved no more.

"Wow," sighed Walter as he withdrew LM4. "Now, that was a battle, little dude." As he took another badge and TM out of his bag, Orange withdrew Nidoking, allowing Walter to swim across the pool, at which point he presented Orange with a Drench Badge and a TM11.

"Good battle, Orange," said Violet. At this, Orange grinned, and then stood back, allowing Red to take his place near the pool.

"OK! Red, right?" asked Walter.

Red nodded.

"Excellent!" Walter said happily. "Just let me heal my team and I'll be glad to battle you, dude."

"You ready, Red?" asked Orange.

"As I'll ever be," Red replied.
    ~~~~~~~~
    End of Chapter 10.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Can't help but notice that Violet has a thing for Walter. Whether it's Rule 63'd or not, someone always has to like Misty...

Anyway, that was awesome! I'm learning a lot about glitch Pokemon this way. I never would've thought LM4 evolved into Clefairy or Nidoking.

Wait...did I get first comment?! SLFDKJ:J
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

What can I say? It was a great chapter, and the evolution was a bit weird, but I liked it. I thought, like, Nidoking was going to win with, like, a Thunderbolt. Like, who else thought that?

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast