Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 404 Error

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    Can't help but notice that Violet has a thing for Walter. Whether it's Rule 63'd or not, someone always has to like Misty...
    Yep.

Anyway, that was awesome! I'm learning a lot about glitch Pokemon this way. I never would've thought LM4 evolved into Clefairy or Nidoking.
    Glad you liked the chapter!

Wait...did I get first comment?! SLFDKJ:J
    Why, yes. Yes, you did.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdavid102 View Post
    What can I say? It was a great chapter, and the evolution was a bit weird, but I liked it. I thought, like, Nidoking was going to win with, like, a Thunderbolt. Like, who else thought that?
    Thanks! My initial plan was actually for Nidoking to learn Thunder, but I figured that would seem just a little too convenient.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Great chapter.
    Huh, I never knew LM4 evolved in such a way, cool.
    Walter is interesting as a character, to may the least.
    I knew Migraine would be useful at this gym. Finally one of my predictions were right.
    Can't wait until the next chapter.

Knightfall signing off...

Well, I should have guessed it. Nidoking is officially Orange's first Poison-type! Hoorah! I believe the next gym is Lt. Surge, and Nidoking will come in handy there. After that, Erika, where, again, Nidoking will help, and then Koga... Man, Nidoking is a boss.

Why is it you always cut off the chapter before Red's battle?

Keep it up, although I wish Q made an appearance here. Oh well.
    I have discovered what a signature is.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I've claimed Castform. It will never rain on my parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightfall View Post
    Great chapter.
    Thanks!

Huh, I never knew LM4 evolved in such a way, cool.
    I have a Nidoking in Blue I evolved from an LM4. I don't actually use it, though, I only have it because I wanted to see for myself the whole LM4-Clefairy-Nidoking thing. When Clefairy evolves into Nidoking, though, it will still say "What? LM4 is evolving!", though. And if you keep it as a Clefairy, if memory serves, it will be nicknamed TM55.

Walter is interesting as a character, to may the least.
    Kinda makes up for the painfully obvious pun name, doesn't it?

I knew Migraine would be useful at this gym. Finally one of my predictions were right.
    Congrats on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-nogyroP View Post
    Well, I should have guessed it. Nidoking is officially Orange's first Poison-type! Hoorah! I believe the next gym is Lt. Surge, and Nidoking will come in handy there. After that, Erika, where, again, Nidoking will help, and then Koga... Man, Nidoking is a boss.
    Just remember that Fansfor Gym specializes in Psychic-types, so yeah.

Why is it you always cut off the chapter before Red's battle?
    Gives at least one thing you know you can look forward to in the next chapter, though I think it'll be interesting nonetheless.

Keep it up, although I wish Q made an appearance here. Oh well.
    Don't worry, there'll be plenty of times for Q to shine. I don't want to end up neglecting any of their Pokémon, like the anime writers neglect pretty much every Normal/Flying-type Ash comes to own. This way, it can honestly be said that all of Orange's Pokémon thus far have participated in at least one Gym battle, same with Violet. And yes, before you ask, the same will hold true for Red.

Obviously, it will be some time before the next chapter is done. I've barely even started yet. Plus, I'll be leaving on Thursday for the weekend, so if the chapter isn't up until then, don't expect it until the following week.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master
    I don't want to end up neglecting any of their Pokémon, like the anime writers neglect pretty much every Normal/Flying-type Ash comes to own.
    Don't forget about his Palpitoad. That thing was used in Nimbasa, and then didn't show up again until the frickin' EIGHTH GYM. Gah.

EDIT: Sorry about the spoiler. I just rage when something like that happens.
    Last edited by Z-nogyroP; 1st July 2012 at 5:26 PM.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Don't forget about his Palpitoad. That thing was used in Nimbasa, and then didn't show up again until the frickin' EIGHTH GYM. Gah.
    I actually wasn't gonna mention that, as it kinda counts as spoilers, since the eighth gym episodes didn't air outside of Japan yet. But yeah, you're right.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

I'm actually becoming rather amused with these chapter names. Mine suck.

Well, I was expecting worse with the whole Misty-being-a-guy thing, but it turned out better than I thought. But...seriously, a ValleyGirl, err, Guy? This is going to take some time getting used too. But seriously, LM4 evolve into Clefairy, then Nidoking?! WTF? Glitch Pokemon are way to weird. Aren't you supposed to charge when using Razor Wind? Wait, let me guess; in the original games, you didn't have to. Crap. Oh well, nice chapter, can't wait until Chapter 11.

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol View Post
    I'm actually becoming rather amused with these chapter names. Mine suck.
    Thanks! And I bet yours aren't that bad.

Well, I was expecting worse with the whole Misty-being-a-guy thing, but it turned out better than I thought. But...seriously, a ValleyGirl, err, Guy? This is going to take some time getting used too.
    I was kinda going for more of a surfer dude kind of guy, but I'm starting to think I didn't quite nail it.

But seriously, LM4 evolve into Clefairy, then Nidoking?! WTF? Glitch Pokemon are way to weird.
    Weird, yes, but awesome.

Aren't you supposed to charge when using Razor Wind? Wait, let me guess; in the original games, you didn't have to. Crap.
    Oh, no, there was always the charge turn for Razor Wind. I just took a bit of a creative liberty with this one, like the anime did.

Oh well, nice chapter, can't wait until Chapter 11.
    Thanks!

I haven't gotten very far with Chapter 11, though. It's doubtful it'll be out this week, but you never know.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Nice, funny chapter as usual! Definitely the most interesting evolution chain I've ever seen. Love it!

I also enjoy the "righteous" Gym leader. It's cool that you're coming up with more originality for the leaders rather than just rehashing the same ones that everyone knows. Keep it up!

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

That was a good chapter. I'm surprised Red didn't get weirded out be that evolution. Oh and M.M, are you planning on having a love interest for Red? It just seems weird that the main hero doesn't get any love when, let's face it, we all know Orange and Violet have a thing going on.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Christianity is a Relationship with our true God, Jesus. It's not a Religion. Copy and paste If you agree

Registeel is mine, yay!

Adventure of Adventureness & Awesome of Awesomeness: Smashing the 4th wall into gazillion pieces since 2010. - Sig too long, so Mod a cropped it

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNfanatic35 View Post
    Nice, funny chapter as usual! Definitely the most interesting evolution chain I've ever seen. Love it!

I also enjoy the "righteous" Gym leader. It's cool that you're coming up with more originality for the leaders rather than just rehashing the same ones that everyone knows. Keep it up!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePokemonExpert View Post
    That was a good chapter. I'm surprised Red didn't get weirded out be that evolution.
    He did, though. It was only one line, so you might have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePokemonExpert View Post
    Oh and M.M, are you planning on having a love interest for Red? It just seems weird that the main hero doesn't get any love when, let's face it, we all know Orange and Violet have a thing going on.
    Trust me, I got something in mind there.

I have a lot of work to do on the next chapter. It will likely be out late this week. Sometime next week at the very latest.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

I was thinking red and violet had something going. That way red would be torn on whether or not to go back to kanto. We'll see with time.
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D992 View Post
    I was thinking red and violet had something going. That way red would be torn on whether or not to go back to kanto. We'll see with time.
    Well, you're definitely thinking. Whether you're thinking along the same lines as I am, will become known soon enough.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Well, I didn't have the time to read, much less review the last two chapters. I know they're gonna be good. I Instapapered them. Anyways, isn't Red's sprite from HeartGold and SoulSilver the same as Red and Blue? And congrats! This game has encouraged me to download a rom of Yellow and perform any glitch I know of. I would have bought it but my 40 dollars are going to B/W 2, sadly.

I make tons of references. If you can spot any of them, please tell me and you'll get pie! Now you'll have to pay for the pie, but it's pie nevertheless.

Spoiler:- Credits.:

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveeon8 View Post
    Well, I didn't have the time to read, much less review the last two chapters. I know they're gonna be good. I Instapapered them. Anyways, isn't Red's sprite from HeartGold and SoulSilver the same as Red and Blue? And congrats! This game has encouraged me to download a rom of Yellow and perform any glitch I know of. I would have bought it but my 40 dollars are going to B/W 2, sadly.
    Well, though I can't really condone the downloading of ROMs as opposed to buying actual copies, I'm still glad I inspired you to work with glitches. Just a warning, if in the process of your glitch performing, you come across some real glitchy trainer and almost all of your Pokémon get turned into impossibly leveled Bulbasaur that know Explosion and don't listen to you... don't save.

On the subject of the next chapter, I'm afraid I never had the time to work on it this week, and I have several semi-adequate reasons for it.

1: Black 2 and White 2 came out, and I've been trying like crazy to get a bunch of the now-available Unova Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities over the GTS, preferably females, for obvious reasons. Truant Durant, Rattled Cubchoo, Simple Woobat, Motor Drive Emolga, that sort of thing. I've been rather successful, though it's taken a while.

2: Lack of motivation and/or inspiration. I'm not proud of it, but it happens sometimes.

3: There are times when my computer chooses to run like a pile of crap.

I know I said I'd have it out this week, but unfortunately, that's not looking so likely right now. Next week is a definite possibility. If I could guarantee anything better than that, I would.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    1: Black 2 and White 2 came out, and I've been trying like crazy to get a bunch of the now-available Unova Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities over the GTS, preferably females, for obvious reasons. Truant Durant, Rattled Cubchoo, Simple Woobat, Motor Drive Emolga, that sort of thing. I've been rather successful, though it's taken a while.
    Do you know if it's possible to get Shinies with their hidden abilities? And Simple Swoobat is a beast. Calm Mind+Simple+STAB Stored Power=absolute awesomeness.

Do you know if it's possible to get Shinies with their hidden abilities? And Simple Swoobat is a beast. Calm Mind+Simple+STAB Stored Power=absolute awesomeness.
    It is possible, though it's never happened to me. I know someone on these forums once hatched a Shiny Vulpix with Drought, and I once saw some video on Youtube when some guy successfully soft reset for a Shiny Zen Mode Darmanitan. It's just not possible to get them from Hidden Hollows or Entree Forest.

Simple Swoobat is pretty good, though. And believe it or not, so is Truant Durant, when you know how to use it. The trick is to bring it in after something else faints, and bring it in on something that won't be reasonably expected to switch out, and isn't a Flying-type and doesn't have Levitate. Durant uses Entrainment, foe KO's Durant. Then you bring in the Protect/Hone Claws Dugtrio with Arena Trap.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    It is possible, though it's never happened to me. I know someone on these forums once hatched a Shiny Vulpix with Drought, and I once saw some video on Youtube when some guy successfully soft reset for a Shiny Zen Mode Darmanitan. It's just not possible to get them from Hidden Hollows or Entree Forest.

Simple Swoobat is pretty good, though. And believe it or not, so is Truant Durant, when you know how to use it. The trick is to bring it in after something else faints, and bring it in on something that won't be reasonably expected to switch out, and isn't a Flying-type and doesn't have Levitate. Durant uses Entrainment, foe KO's Durant. Then you bring in the Protect/Hone Claws Dugtrio with Arena Trap.
    Late reply, but this works better:

Entrainment with Durant, then send in a Shadow Tag Chandelure with Calm Mind and Protect. The foe can't switch out no matter what Pokemon it is, and it'll be able to OHKO everything with its STABs except Hydreigon and Heatran (both of which are Special Attackers).

On the subject of the fanfiction...love interests? I'm all excited about that!
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Just to keep you all updated, the next chapter is being worked on. I've finished up Red's Gym battle, but there's more to the chapter than that. I'm thinking it's now very reasonable to expect the chapter this week.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

I personally find Truant Durant ironic, because ants work non-stop, and then this one decides to be lazy. LOL

I am also extremely excited for any love interests in the story. I just hope Red has better luck than Jack(at least, before he got Misty). Heeheehee.

I apologize for the delay in getting this chapter up. There are times when I just get so lazy, and this was one of those times. Nevertheless, here it is!

Chapter 11: Paras's Gym Debut
    ~~~~~~~~

Walter placed his Poké Balls on the healing machine once more, then removed them seconds later, once the device had done its deed. He then returned to the edge of the pool to face Red, who already had a Poké Ball in hand.

"Let's get this going, dude!" exclaimed Walter as he threw one of the Poké Balls. "Tentacool, like, go!"

The ball split open, unleashing a blast of energy which formed in the water into Walter's Tentacool, once again looking ready for action. "Tentacool," it said in its nasally tone.

Red threw his own Poké Ball. "Rattata! Go!" he shouted.

In a flash of light, Red's Rattata materialized on a floating platform, and proceeded to stare down Tentacool.

"Tentacool, like, use your BubbleBeam!" ordered Walter.

"Rattata, Water Gun!" commanded Red.

As Tentacool launched a stream of bubbles from the tip of its left tentacle, Rattata unleashed a torrent of water from its mouth. The two attacks met in midair, each cancelling the other one out. Both combatants stopped their attacks very quickly.

"Quick Attack now!" called Red.

"Rrrrrraaattata!" screeched Rattata as it leapt into the water and began to swim towards Tentacool with incredible speed. Tentacool was unable to move out of the way in time, and thus was slammed backwards by the force of Rattata's Quick Attack, and crashed into the platform. Rattata then continued to swim towards Tentacool as the dazed Jellyfish Pokémon attempted to shake off the blow. Rattata leapt out of the water, prominent front teeth bared, and sank the aforementioned dental hardware into Tentacool, causing it to screech in pain.

"Tentacool!" Walter exclaimed. "Like, are you alright, dude?"

"Cool," Tentacool responded albeit feebly.

"Whoa!" Orange exclaimed. "Was that a Hyper Fang?!"

"I think it was!" Red replied, sounding just as surprised as Orange.

"Hyper Fang- Rattata's special attack," droned Red's Pokédex. "An exceptionally powerful biting technique which makes full use of Rattata's prominent teeth."

"Tentacool, use your, like, Skull Bash attack!" ordered Walter.

"Hyper Fang again, Rattata!" yelled Red.

As Tentacool rammed into Rattata at full speed, Rattata refused to give in, and sank its teeth into Tentacool yet again. Tentacool, however, was able to push Rattata away this time with its tentacles. Rattata swam back to its platform and looked on as Tentacool passed out in the water.

"Dude," murmured Walter as he withdrew Tentacool. "You, like, can't catch a break today. Bummer." He then put Tentacool's ball back in his bag and threw the other one. "OK, like, let's get him, LM4!"

In a flash of light, Walter's LM4 rematerialized, and promptly proceeded to swim laps around Rattata's platform.

"Rattata, return," said Red, holding out the Poké Ball as it sent forth its red beam, withdrawing the Rat Pokémon to its spherical innards.

"Smart move, little dude," smirked Walter. "Major, like, type disadvantage, there."

"My thoughts exactly," replied Red as he enlarged and threw another Poké Ball. "Paras, let's go!"

Red's Poké Ball split open, unleashing his most recent capture into the open. Paras landed on the platform, and eyed its swimming adversary warily.

"This'll be interesting," remarked Walter. "LM4, Aurora Beam!"

"Aw, crap, I forgot about that," groaned Red. "Uh, Paras, dodge it!"

Paras did not need telling twice. At the sight of the oncoming ray of rainbow light, Paras scuttled off to the side, narrowly evading the Ice-type move.

"Paras, Stun Spore!" Red ordered.

"Paaarraaaaas!" said Paras as the mushrooms on its back began to shake, unleashing a golden dust into the air. As LM4 readied another Aurora Beam, the dust settled on its body, and it seemed to freeze in the water.

"No, dude! Go underwater and, like, wash it off!" Walter ordered.

"F-f-four..." LM4 replied as it slowly sank into the pool's depths. Once it resurfaced, however, it wasn't looking particularly better.

"It must have breathed in the Stun Spore," remarked Violet.

"Paras, Scratch attack!" Red commanded.

"Paras par!" exclaimed Paras as it leapt off its platform, landed on LM4, and took a swipe at the Bubble Cube Pokémon.

"Foooour!" screeched LM4 as it tried to shake Paras off.

"Aurora Beam at, like, close range!" called Walter.

"L... M... FOOOUUUR!" bellowed LM4 with a great effort as it unleashed another Aurora Beam, this one hitting Paras dead-on, sending the Mushroom Pokémon flying right into its trainer's arms.

"Paras!" Red gasped; upon examining his Bug and Grass-type, it became clear that LM4's Aurora Beam had done its job; Paras was out cold.

"This is not good," murmured Violet as Red withdrew Paras. Red then took the other Poké Ball off his belt, enlarged it, and stared at it for a few seconds.

"You can do this," he sighed as he threw the ball. "I believe in you. Rattata, go!"

In a flash of light, Red's Rattata re-emerged from its Poké Ball, and landed on its platform.

"LM4, like, use BubbleBeam!" Walter ordered.

"Rattata, Water Gun!" called Red.

Rattata unleashed a stream of water at the same time LM4 let fly a blast of bubbles. Unlike with Tentacool, however, LM4's BubbleBeam cut right through Rattata's Water Gun. Noticing this, Rattata hastily jumped into the pool, narrowly evading the attack.

"Oh, we got him now, dude!" grinned Walter. "Rolling Kick!"

"Rattata! Hyper Fang!" Red called.

A foot sprouted from LM4's body as it sped through the water, headed right for Rattata. The Rat Pokémon treaded water in place, waiting... then, as LM4 got close, Rattata sprung out of the water, landing right on LM4, and sunk its fangs right into the Bubble Cube Pokémon.

"Fooour!" howled LM4 in pain.

"No, dude! Shake it off!" Walter was saying, somewhat stunned at the expertness of Rattata's jump.

"F... f... fooouuur..." whined LM4 as it merely shuddered in place, the paralysis obviously kicking in again.

"We got it now!" said Red triumphantly. "Rattata, finish it! Hyper Fang!"

"Rrraaaattaataaaaaa!" bellowed Rattata as it raised its head high, then brought it back down, biting into LM4 once more.

"Fooooooouuuuur," LM4 whined again as it ceased any sort of voluntary movement and merely began drifting on the water's surface. As Rattata swam back to its platform, Walter sighed, then withdrew LM4.

"We... we did it! We did it!!" Red exclaimed as it slowly dawned on him that he had in fact won against Walter.

"Nice going, dude," said Walter as he and Red withdrew their Pokémon. Walter then grabbed another badge and TM, then swam across the pool. Once he reached their end, Walter climbed out and presented Red with his Drench Badge and BubbleBeam TM.

"Thanks-" Red began.

"Yeah, yeah, let's get going," interrupted Orange, already halfway to the odd wall of water that served as a door. Rolling her eyes, Violet started after him, followed by Red. Once they were out of the Gym, Violet grabbed Orange by the shoulder and spun him around.

"What?" Orange asked defensively.

"Orange, what the hell is wrong with you?" demanded Violet. "You were so rude in there!"

"Oh, well, excuse me," Orange replied. "Mew forbid I should be rude in front of your boyfriend in there!"

"I- what- excuse me?!" Violet spluttered, her face starting to turn red.

"Oh, don't give me that crap!" snapped Orange. "You think I didn't notice? You were practically drooling all over him!"

"And why do you care?" Violet swiftly retorted, now taking the defensive.

"I don't!" Orange half-shouted. "Your little display was embarrassing! I was doing you a favor, getting you out of there when I did."

"Alright, stop it!" Red shouted suddenly, Startled by Red's sudden outburst, Orange and Violet stopped their bickering and turned to face him, both bearing expressions of mild surprise on their faces. Red's expression showed that he himself was surprised by his reaction. "...Look," he said at length, "...I'd just prefer it if the two of you... didn't argue like that, OK? I don't know, I just... I prefer it when we all get along, you know? I mean, I'm liking this, traveling with you two, and, well..." Red broke off, seemingly unable to finish what he was saying. Violet got the gist of it, however, and now looked somewhat ashamed of herself.

"Sorry, Orange," she muttered. "I mean, you were a little rude, but I guess I didn't have to explode at you like that."

"Yeah, I'm sorry too," Orange replied, also looking slightly ashamed. "I probably shouldn't get on your case like that when you're flirting with someone."

"I was not flirting with him!"

"Oh, come on! What kind of fool do you take me for?"

"I take you for the fool you are!" Violet retorted as they headed for the Pokémon Center, Red in the rear, facepalming as Violet and Orange continued to bicker.
    ~~~~~~~~
    45 minutes later, the trio emerged from the Pokémon Center, all of their Pokémon having been restored to full health. Violet and Orange had also stopped arguing, a fact Red was pleased with.

"So where to next?" he asked.

"Well," Orange began, "The nurse said the nearest Gym was in Fansfor City. I think the leader there's supposed to use Psychic Pokémon."

"Psychic-types?" said Red, raising his eyebrows. "Those are supposed to be the strongest kinds of Pokémon. You sure we're ready?"

"I dunno," Orange admitted with a shrug. "I mean, Q's a Psychic-type itself, but still..."

"You're right," Violet added. "The closest thing I've got to a Psychic-type is Migraine, and it can only use Confusion when its headache is severe."

"Yeah, we should probably get in some extra training before that Gym," Red nodded. "We gotta find some more trainers and challenge them to battles."

"I heard one of the trainers in the Pokémon Center talking," said Orange. "The one with the Pidgey on his shoulder? He mentioned that a lot of trainers gather in the area north of Ruceelna for training."

"Well then," Red said, now grinning, "What are we waiting for? Let's get going!" As he said this, however, Orange rushed ahead, as if determined to be the one in front. Violet rolled her eyes at this, but said nothing as she followed the two boys.

They walked for around fifteen minutes, before finally locating the path which led to the northern exit of the city. As soon as they came to the top of a small hill, however, the trio stopped simultaneously.

"Whoa," Orange stated.

Sprawled before them, surrounded by lots of randomly-placed trees made up of wood, ceiling tiles, roof shingles, and threes, was... what appeared to be a large, smelly pond, filled with stagnant, greenish slime. A swamp.

"...Uh..." Red said, "...Are you sure we went the right way?"

"Positive," replied Violet, though she seemed rather disgusted at the marshy landscape before them. At that moment, however, a young boy came wading towards them. He was dressed in shorts and a white shirt, and wore a wide-brimmed hat. A net was slung over his shoulder.

"Hey, are you three trainers?" he called.

"Yeah," Red replied.

"Well then, welcome to Nugget Swamp!" the youth exclaimed. "Here's what happens around here; passing trainers get to challenge the five trainers, and if you beat us all, you win a great prize! Now, which one of you wants to take the challenge?"

"Well, we're kind of all trying to train here," said Violet. "Any way us three can take the challenge simultaneously?"

"Not really," the boy replied. "The Nugget Swamp challenge was really only made for one trainer at a time. But you know what? How about you go through and take turns? One of you battle me, then someone else battles the next guy, and so on? You'd only get one prize, though, you'll have to share it."

Red shrugged. "Sounds good to me," he said. Orange and Violet murmured their agreement.

"So who's first?" the boy asked.

"I'll go first!" Orange volunteered enthusiastically.

"You will not," replied Violet, stepping forward, near the edge of the swamp. "I'll go first."

"Hmph," grunted Orange in annoyance, though he raised no objection.

"Very well," said the boy, as he produced a Poké Ball. "Two Pokémon each, that sound good?"

"Fine by me," replied Violet.

"OK, then!" the boy exclaimed as he threw the Poké Ball in his hand. "I choose you, Kakuna!"

In a flash of light, a small, yellow Pokémon materialized in the thick slime, which didn't appear too deep; it was able to stay mostly unsubmerged. Red turned to Orange, who was steadily starting to back up, moving away from the Kakuna. Meanwhile, Violet held out her Pokédex.

"Kakuna, the Cocoon Pokémon, and the evolved form of Weedle," said the device. "Kakuna is almost incapable of movement. In most cases, it can only use Harden."

Violet snorted as she produced a Poké Ball from her belt and enlarged it. "This should be a breeze," she scoffed as she threw the ball. "Chompy, let's go!"

In a flash of light, the Bellsprout materialized. It stood in the swamp slime, swaying slightly as it faced Kakuna.

"Chompy, Vine Whip!" ordered Violet.

"Kakuna, Harden attack!" yelled the boy.

"Kaku!" replied Kakuna as a faint glow came over its shell for a moment. At the same time, Chompy unleashed a pair of vines and slammed them into Kakuna, sending it flying backwards, landing in deeper mud. Inexplicably, it seemed able to get back into an upright position and sort of hop its way back to the battle, though it took several minutes to do so.

"Now, Kakuna, Poison Sting!" the bug catcher said.

"Kakuna kuna!" Kakuna exclaimed as it extended a small pair of arm-like stingers from the front of its shell, and fired off volleys of glowing purple spikes from them. Chompy wailed as the attack made contact.

"Chompy!" exclaimed Violet, shocked that the Kakuna was capable of attacking.

"That's what you get for underestimating Bug Pokémon," sneered the boy, obviously very pleased with himself. "Poison Sting again, Kakuna!"

"Chompy, Vine Whip!" Violet commanded.

Kakuna unleashed another volley of poisonous needles, but Chompy was too quick for it this time. Using its vines, it grabbed a branch of a nearby tree and pulled itself up, evading the Poison Sting completely. Chompy then swung itself around the branch and launched itself at Kakuna, meeting the Bug/Poison-type with its vines, this time sending it flying into its trainer's stomach, knocking the wind out of him, and just knocking the Kakuna out.

"Oof..." gasped the trainer, holding the Poké Ball out. "Kakuna... Return..." Once Kakuna was back in its ball, the Bug Catcher wordlessly threw a second Poké Ball as he attempted to get his breath back. This Poké Ball yielded a small green wormlike creature- a Caterpie.

"Chompy, Wrap it!" commanded Violet.

"Tackle attack!" the Bug Catcher said, having recovered from the sudden Kakuna attack.

As Caterpie made its way through the swamp mud, Chompy leapt at Caterpie and wrapped its rootlike body around the Bug-type, rendering Caterpie incapable of executing its Tackle. After about a minute of continual squeezing, Caterpie fainted.

Sighing, the Bug Catcher withdrew Caterpie. "I did my best, I have no regrets," he said humbly as he stood aside and gestured further into the swamp, indicating that they should go on.

"You were great, Chompy," smiled Violet as she withdrew her Bellsprout. "Come on, guys, let's go," she added. Winning the battle, Red noticed, seemed to have put her in a somewhat better mood than before about having to wade through a swamp. Deciding not to question it, he and Orange followed Violet, slowly trudging their way through the mercifully shallow marsh.
    ~~~~~~~~
    End of Chapter 11.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

I didn't expect Orange's reaction there. (to Orange, blatantly breaking the fourth wall) JEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAALOOOOOOOOOOOOUS?

I hope Chompy evolves soon. If the poor guy has trouble with a Kakuna, then he needs a LOT of work.

Good chapter! Didn't expect Nugget Swamp to take up its own chapter, anyway.

And I walk away without saying something about getting the first comment! I'm getting somewhere.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Here we go, Chapter Eleven review...

The Gym Battle was a little too short for my taste, as was Paras's fight. The chapter name seemed to imply that Paras was going to have this huge role in the Gym Battle, but the chapter says otherwise.

Orange x Violet. Period. I just can't see a temporary character Gym Leader paired up with our Violet ^^. All the same, *sneers at Orange* looks like somebody's jealous~

Refresh my memory, was the Nugget Swamp that big bridge place?

Anyways, I shall await Chapter Twelve...

Spoiler:- Some Things:

yeah, it was Nugget Bridge in Kanto, though I guess missingno. master made it Nugget Swamp in Tanko. Anyway it was a good chapter. The above two comments said everything. A tip for the next chapters: try not to just make it that they have 4 continuous battles. Try to put some conversation or humor in it, maybe even during the fight

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

I hope Chompy evolves soon. If the poor guy has trouble with a Kakuna, then he needs a LOT of work.
    It's not so much Chompy had trouble with the Kakuna, it was more along the lines of neither Chompy nor Violet having expected anything but Harden out of it. But yes, Chompy needs work. Hence the training, actually.

Good chapter! Didn't expect Nugget Swamp to take up its own chapter, anyway.
    Thanks! Glad you liked it.

And I walk away without saying something about getting the first comment! I'm getting somewhere.
    That counts, you know.

Here we go, Chapter Eleven review...

The Gym Battle was a little too short for my taste, as was Paras's fight. The chapter name seemed to imply that Paras was going to have this huge role in the Gym Battle, but the chapter says otherwise.
    Yeah, to be honest, the original title for the chapter was "The Trainers of Nugget Bridge", but once I had decided to only have the first trainer in this chapter, it made less sense. "Paras's Gym Debut" was more of a last minute chapter title.

Orange x Violet. Period. I just can't see a temporary character Gym Leader paired up with our Violet ^^. All the same, *sneers at Orange* looks like somebody's jealous~
    I'm not going to comment on anything like this. Don't want to inadvertently spoil anything.

Refresh my memory, was the Nugget Swamp that big bridge place?

Anyways, I shall await Chapter Twelve...
    Yep. Nugget Swamp = Nugget Bridge. I figured that a swamp with no way to avoid going in it was pretty much the perfect opposite of a clean river with a bridge spanning it, just like a canyon is more or less the opposite of a mountain. That said, haven't actually decided what will be in Rock Tunnel's place just yet.

yeah, it was Nugget Bridge in Kanto, though I guess missingno. master made it Nugget Swamp in Tanko.
    Correct!

Anyway it was a good chapter. The above two comments said everything. A tip for the next chapters: try not to just make it that they have 4 continuous battles. Try to put some conversation or humor in it, maybe even during the fight
    Don't worry, there'll be conversation and humor. You can count on that.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast