Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 404 Error

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master
    Chapter 11: Paras's Gym Debut
    ~~~~~~~~
    Yay, Paras!

"Tentacool, like, go!"
    For whatever reason, this line made me laugh.

"Hyper Fang- Rattata's special attack," droned Red's Pokédex. "An exceptionally powerful biting technique which makes full use of Rattata's prominent teeth."
    WRONG! It's Raticate's special attack too!

"Dude," murmured Walter as he withdrew Tentacool. "You, like, can't catch a break today. Bummer."
    Gym Pokemon don't seem to get those, do they?

"My thoughts exactly," replied Red as he enlarged and threw another Poké Ball. "Paras, let's go!"
    Hooray!

"This'll be interesting," remarked Walter. "LM4, Aurora Beam!"

"Aw, crap, I forgot about that," groaned Red. "Uh, Paras, dodge it!"
    Actually, I forgot about that too.

"No, dude! Go underwater and, like, wash it off!" Walter ordered.
    There should be an ability like Water Veil that prevents Water Pokemon from getting paralyzed.

"It must have breathed in the Stun Spore," remarked Violet.
    With what?

"Paras par!" exclaimed Paras as it leapt off its platform, landed on LM4, and took a swipe at the Bubble Cube Pokémon.
    Do you come up with the species names yourself?

A foot sprouted from LM4's body as it sped through the water, headed right for Rattata. The Rat Pokémon treaded water in place, waiting... then, as LM4 got close, Rattata sprung out of the water, landing right on LM4, and sunk its fangs right into the Bubble Cube Pokémon.

"Fooour!" howled LM4 in pain.

"No, dude! Shake it off!" Walter was saying, somewhat stunned at the expertness of Rattata's jump.
    Great. Now I can't get the image of a ninja Rattata crashing through a window with its teeth out of my head.

"Oh, well, excuse me," Orange replied. "Mew forbid I should be rude in front of your boyfriend in there!"

"I- what- excuse me?!" Violet spluttered, her face starting to turn red.
    At first, I thought they were talking about Red. *facepalm*

"Well then, welcome to Nugget Swamp!" the youth exclaimed.
    Ooh, Nugget Swamp. Probably less pleasant than Nugget Bridge.

"Now, Kakuna, Poison Sting!" the bug catcher said.

"Kakuna kuna!" Kakuna exclaimed as it extended a small pair of arm-like stingers from the front of its shell, and fired off volleys of glowing purple spikes from them. Chompy wailed as the attack made contact.

"Chompy!" exclaimed Violet, shocked that the Kakuna was capable of attacking.

"That's what you get for underestimating Bug Pokémon," sneered the boy, obviously very pleased with himself. "Poison Sting again, Kakuna!"
    Kakuna: He will sting you with poison until you die.

Kakuna unleashed another volley of poisonous needles, but Chompy was too quick for it this time. Using its vines, it grabbed a branch of a nearby tree and pulled itself up, evading the Poison Sting completely. Chompy then swung itself around the branch and launched itself at Kakuna, meeting the Bug/Poison-type with its vines, this time sending it flying into its trainer's stomach, knocking the wind out of him, and just knocking the Kakuna out.
    Or... maybe not.

I loved this chapter, although I can't picture VioletxWalter anytime soon. Now RedxViolet, that I can see happening.

Keep up the good work! Or else.
    I have discovered what a signature is.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I've claimed Castform. It will never rain on my parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-nogyroP View Post
    Yay, Paras!
    I'm guessing you like Paras?

WRONG! It's Raticate's special attack too!
    The Pokédex kinda makes a point of not mentioning Pokémon the group hasn't yet encountered. Fun fact; in one of the Unova episodes of the anime, Ash's Pokédex identified Excadrill as the evolved form of Drilbur, but did not mention that Scolipede is the evolved form of Whirlipede, in the same episode. At which time, btw, they hadn't encountered either Whirlipede or Drilbur.

Gym Pokemon don't seem to get those, do they?
    Not much, no.

Hooray!
    You really like paras, don't you?

Actually, I forgot about that too.
    Given the sizable gap between this chapter and the last one, not sure I blame you.

There should be an ability like Water Veil that prevents Water Pokemon from getting paralyzed.
    Wouldn't that only make sense in the context of Stun Spore, though? Then again, this is Pokémon, it doesn't necessarily need to make sense.

With what?

...Uh...

...Um... Look, a distraction! *flees*

Do you come up with the species names yourself?
    Yep, I do!

Great. Now I can't get the image of a ninja Rattata crashing through a window with its teeth out of my head.
    You're welcome.

At first, I thought they were talking about Red. *facepalm*
    Unless Violet was flirting with him (which she wasn't), I don't see why you'd think that.

Ooh, Nugget Swamp. Probably less pleasant than Nugget Bridge.
    No, you think?

Kakuna: He will sting you with poison until you die.
    Unless he doesn't. It was very tempting to give Kakuna a newer attack here, like Bug Bite, Iron Defense, or Electroweb, btw.

I loved this chapter, although I can't picture VioletxWalter anytime soon. Now RedxViolet, that I can see happening.

Keep up the good work! Or else.
    Oh, I intend to keep up the good work. Threat or no threat. Glad you liked the chapter!

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 3 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    That counts, you know.

Rattata seems to be MVP in most of the Gyms, to an extent. Why is that?
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

I'm guessing you like Paras?

*gasp* How did you know?

The Pokédex kinda makes a point of not mentioning Pokémon the group hasn't yet encountered. Fun fact; in one of the Unova episodes of the anime, Ash's Pokédex identified Excadrill as the evolved form of Drilbur, but did not mention that Scolipede is the evolved form of Whirlipede, in the same episode. At which time, btw, they hadn't encountered either Whirlipede or Drilbur.

Yeah, I saw that episode. I failed to understand why it did that. Sometimes, it doesn't even mention guys who were already seen, like in one episode(can't remember the name) it identified Metagross as the evolved form of Metang, but didn't say that Magnezone was the evolved form of Magneton.

Not much, no.

They deserve one.

You really like paras, don't you?

Yeah, I love that mushroom thing. I hate when people portray it as a zombie. Hopefully, if it evolves, you won't do that with Parasect.

Given the sizable gap between this chapter and the last one, not sure I blame you.

Aurora Beam isn't a very memorable move.

Wouldn't that only make sense in the context of Stun Spore, though? Then again, this is Pokémon, it doesn't necessarily need to make sense.

I agree.

...Uh...

...Um... Look, a distraction! *flees*

A distraction?! Where? You mean that shiny Weezing over there?

Yep, I do!

Very creative on your part.

You're welcome.

D:<

Unless Violet was flirting with him (which she wasn't), I don't see why you'd think that.

Actually, now I'm not sure why I'd think that either.

No, you think?

Maybe someone will catch a Grimer there!

Unless he doesn't. It was very tempting to give Kakuna a newer attack here, like Bug Bite, Iron Defense, or Electroweb, btw.

I can imagine. Yay for electric cocoons!

Oh, I intend to keep up the good work. Threat or no threat. Glad you liked the chapter!

Great! Now I don't even have to kidnap your mother! That's a big time-saver!

EDIT: Maybe Rock Tunnel could be like a subway!

EDIT 2: Ranked up, yay!
    Last edited by Z-nogyroP; 20th July 2012 at 4:33 PM.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

OMG guys, VioletXOrange shipping! Haha, good chapter Missingo. Master, I really enjoyed it. I feel like Paras could be useful later on once it evolves. Missingo. Master, I came up with a shipping name for VioletXOrange.....Glitch shipping...haha I'm enjoying this too much.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Christianity is a Relationship with our true God, Jesus. It's not a Religion. Copy and paste If you agree

Registeel is mine, yay!

Adventure of Adventureness & Awesome of Awesomeness: Smashing the 4th wall into gazillion pieces since 2010. - Sig too long, so Mod a cropped it

Did you really think you could get through a chapter without a reply from me?

Anyways, Red's gym battle aganist Walter was fun, I liked seeing Paras and Rattata battle. And I think that Orange might be the slightest bit jealous, I'm not completely sure, it was really subtle.

Nugget Swamp? Well, since when is anything normal in this fic? I wonder how they'll share the prize, since in the normal games they only give out one Nugget, but again, when is anything here normal?

Great chapter, and I eagerly await chapter 12 in the sludge pit that is Nugget Swamp.

Knightfall signing off...

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    Rattata seems to be MVP in most of the Gyms, to an extent. Why is that?
    IMO, there's not enough love for the Rattata line. I sometimes use a Raticate in FR/LG, and you'd be surprised how useful a move like Hyper Fang so early in the game can be.

*gasp* How did you know?
    Oh, just a wild guess.

Yeah, I saw that episode. I failed to understand why it did that. Sometimes, it doesn't even mention guys who were already seen, like in one episode(can't remember the name) it identified Metagross as the evolved form of Metang, but didn't say that Magnezone was the evolved form of Magneton.
    Still beats the outright errors, though, like Raticate's Jump Kick, Crobat's SonicBoom, and Dustox's Stun Spore. Plus, the first time James's Koffing used Poison Gas was before Koffing or Weezing actually had access to the move!

They deserve one.
    You make a good point, yeah.

Yeah, I love that mushroom thing. I hate when people portray it as a zombie. Hopefully, if it evolves, you won't do that with Parasect.
    Yeah, I never did portray Parasect as a zombie. Closest I came was in The Adventure of Adventureness, when

Spoiler:

Aurora Beam isn't a very memorable move.
    Hmm, good point, yeah.

A distraction?! Where? You mean that shiny Weezing over there?
    What?! Where?!?!

Very creative on your part.
    Thanks! I try.

D:<

Actually, now I'm not sure why I'd think that either.
    It happens. You read something wrong the first time, and when you come back to it you read it the right way and wonder how you ever made that mistake in the first place.

Maybe someone will catch a Grimer there!
    I have something in mind.

I can imagine. Yay for electric cocoons!
    Yeah, I had to smile when I saw Weedle got access to Electroweb. I might actually get this into a future Special Chapter of The Adventure of Adventureness.

EDIT: Maybe Rock Tunnel could be like a subway!
    I'm considering the possibility.

EDIT 2: Ranked up, yay!
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePokemonExpert View Post
    OMG guys, VioletXOrange shipping! Haha, good chapter Missingo. Master, I really enjoyed it. I feel like Paras could be useful later on once it evolves. Missingo. Master, I came up with a shipping name for VioletXOrange.....Glitch shipping...haha I'm enjoying this too much.
    Glad you liked the chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightfall View Post
    Did you really think you could get through a chapter without a reply from me?
    No, not really. Then again, you imply that was my intent in the first place.

Anyways, Red's gym battle aganist Walter was fun, I liked seeing Paras and Rattata battle. And I think that Orange might be the slightest bit jealous, I'm not completely sure, it was really subtle.
    Yeah. Subtle. There's a word for it.

Nugget Swamp? Well, since when is anything normal in this fic? I wonder how they'll share the prize, since in the normal games they only give out one Nugget, but again, when is anything here normal?
    Off the top of my head, they could sell it and split the profit three ways.

Great chapter, and I eagerly await chapter 12 in the sludge pit that is Nugget Swamp.

Knightfall signing off...
    Thanks!

Haven't started on Chapter 12 just yet, but it's on the to-do list for this weekend, make no mistake. I can't promise it'll be done in the span of a weekend, or even a week, but I'm definitely gonna try and get it done a hell of a lot quicker than I did the last chapter.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

IMO, there's not enough love for the Rattata line. I sometimes use a Raticate in FR/LG, and you'd be surprised how useful a move like Hyper Fang so early in the game can be.
    Actually, I wouldn't be surprised. I used a Raticate myself in my Leaf Green Nuzlocke. When she first evolved, Hyper Fang made her the strongest mon on the team. I was actually able to keep her until I battled the Champion, where I had to sacrifice her in order to weaken Blastoise with Super Fang.
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Credit to Atari!
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Welp, I finished reading through this, and so far I'm liking what I'm seeing. May I be added to the PM list?

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised. I used a Raticate myself in my Leaf Green Nuzlocke. When she first evolved, Hyper Fang made her the strongest mon on the team. I was actually able to keep her until I battled the Champion, where I had to sacrifice her in order to weaken Blastoise with Super Fang.
    Wow, a Raticate lasting that long in a Nuzlocke? Now that is cool. Reminds me of this Butterfree I used in LeafGreen. I took out half the Champion's team with Butterfree alone. Alakazam, Exeggutor, and Blastoise. He didn't faint, either, he stayed alive throughout the whole match. Wasn't even overleveled or anything, he was level 50 at the time of the battle. I still have that Butterfree- transferred it along with the rest of my LeafGreen team to Black, where I rotate them on and off my everyday in-game team. People tend to think of Butterfree as useless for anything other than the beginning of the game, but I know better. Even in Yellow, before the days of Compoundeyes Sleep Powder.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Welp, I finished reading through this, and so far I'm liking what I'm seeing. May I be added to the PM list?
    You most certainly may.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Wow, a Raticate lasting that long in a Nuzlocke? Now that is cool. Reminds me of this Butterfree I used in LeafGreen. I took out half the Champion's team with Butterfree alone. Alakazam, Exeggutor, and Blastoise. He didn't faint, either, he stayed alive throughout the whole match. Wasn't even overleveled or anything, he was level 50 at the time of the battle. I still have that Butterfree- transferred it along with the rest of my LeafGreen team to Black, where I rotate them on and off my everyday in-game team. People tend to think of Butterfree as useless for anything other than the beginning of the game, but I know better. Even in Yellow, before the days of Compoundeyes Sleep Powder.
    It was an amazing run--my first Nuzlocke, too. I like Butterfree--used her for a while on Heart Gold, but boxed her when I caught a Flaaffy, because Ampharos is awesome and I had way too many Flying types. As for Raticate, it was great, but without being able to grind in Victory Road...it was only a matter of time until she kicked the bucket, unless I didn't use her. I had considered giving her Blizzard to deal with Lance easier, but Raticate has bad Special Attack, and I've seen his Dragonites tanking Ice Beams from much more specially powerful Pokemon.
    Credit to Atari!

pm list pls!
    i really like this story!
    keep up the good work!
    † I am a Christian, and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post
    I watch you while you're sleeping.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    0__0

Quote Originally Posted by lucarioisawesome View Post
    pm list pls!
    i really like this story!
    keep up the good work!
    No problem. And did you know, if your first line there had just one more syllable there, your post would constitute a haiku?

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Chapter 12: The Trainers of Nugget Swamp
    ~~~~~~~~

It was very slow work, moving through the swamp. Though it got progressively deeper, the trio were only up to their waists in smelly swamp water. The swamp water, however, was also thick, restricting their movement somewhat.

"Ugh," grunted Violet. "This is disgusting."

"Yes, we heard you," sighed Orange, rolling his eyes. "We heard you the first twenty times."

"Orange?"

"Yes?"

"Shut up."

At that moment, however, a young boy in a yellow t-shirt and blue shorts approached them, drifting on a small raft that appeared to be made of, curiously enough, concrete pillars bound together with vines.

"Hey, you!" he exclaimed to the trio, rowing himself towards them with what appeared to be a giant 7. "I'm the second trainer of Nugget Swamp, which of you is to be my opponent?"

"That'd be me," volunteered Red as he took a Poké Ball off his belt and enlarged it.

Grinning, the Youngster acted likewise, and threw his Poké Ball. ".4! Go!" he shouted.

The Poké Ball split open, and in a flash of light, a .4 materialized, gibbering excitedly. Red then threw his own Poké Ball. "Go, Rattata!"

In a flash of light, Red's Rattata appeared, expertly treading water in the swamp with ease.

".4! Agility!" the Younster ordered.

"Rattata, Quick Attack!" Red commanded.

.4 began to fly all over the place, zigzagging here and there, and picking up speed all the while. Rattata, meanwhile, leapt out of the water at high speed, slamming .4 into a nearby aluminum tree.

"Don't give in, .4!" the Youngster said. "Use Psywave!"

"Rattata, dodge it!" Red yelled, but his order was in vain; .4 launched a volley of glowing blue energy rings from its body, which Rattata was unable to evade. When the attack concluded, Rattata looked worn out already.

"That .4 must be pretty strong," Violet observed. "That Psywave looked like it did a lot."

"Use TM28 now!" the Youngster ordered. .4 complied, zooming forward and exploding in Rattata's face, sending the Rat Pokémon flying backwards. It landed in the swamp water before Red and slowly sank into it.

"Come on, Rattata," Red pleaded, plunging his hands into the muck in an attempt to locate Rattata, when suddenly a blinding flash of light forced his eyes shut. The glow brightened as its source breached the surface of the swamp, allowing the shocked onlookers to better observe Rattata evolving. Finally, the glow faded, revealing a larger creature with light brown fur to be swimming in front of Red. Orange took out his Pokédex and aimed it at Red's newly-evolved Pokémon.

"Raticate, the Rat Pokémon, and the evolved form of Rattata," droned the Pokédex. "Raticate's webbed hind feet make it an excellent swimmer. It hunts for prey by swimming in rivers."

"Yeah!" exclaimed Red. "We got it now, Raticate! Hyper Fang now!"

"Rrrrraticate!" shrieked Raticate as it zipped across the swamp with great speed and sank its prominent front teeth into .4, causing it to shriek in obvious discomfort. As Raticate let go, .4 fell into the swamp, where it bobbed on the surface, making no effort to move.

".4, get back!" exclaimed the Youngster, returning the Caffeine Pokémon to its Poké Ball. At the same time, he threw another Poké Ball. "Let's go, now, Ekans!"

In a flash of light, a long, purple creature was unleashed into the swamp, where it dove down and promptly resurfaced. It sported a pair of yellow eyes, and a single yellow band was visible around part of its body. It might have had more, Red supposed, but as it was half submerged in the swamp at the moment, there was really no way to tell. "Ekanssssss," it hissed menacingly. This time, it was Violet's turn to hold out her Pokédex.

"Ekans, the Snake Pokémon," it stated. "Ekans moves silently and stealthily. It eats the eggs of Pidgey and Spearow whole."

"Raticate, Hyper Fang!" Red ordered again.

"Ekans, Wrap it!" the Youngster commanded.

"Ekansssss!" Ekans hissed as Raticate swam towards it. As it came close, however, Ekans's long body emerged from beneath the swamp water and tightly bound the Rat Pokémon.

"Raticate, no!" Red exclaimed.

"Raticate can't move!" said Orange.

"R... Raa... Raaticaaaate..." Raticate grunted as it tried to break free of Ekans's grasp, but with no success. More than once, it tried to position its fangs so as to be able to bite Ekans, but it was unable to even do this. Once Raticate had fainted, Ekans relinquished its grip, allowing Red to withdraw it.

"OK," said Red as he took out another Poké Ball and threw it. "Charmeleon, let's go!"

The Poké Ball opened up, and Charmeleon was unleashed, landing on a low-hanging tree branch which, despite the fact that it appeared to have been made up entirely of tissue paper, held the Flame Pokémon's weight well. Though Charmeleon looked ready for action, it eyed the swamp water below warily.

"Ekans, Bite attack!" ordered the Youngster.

"Charmeleon, Flamethrower!" called Red.

"Char!" roared Charmeleon as it let loose with an impressive stream of flame, just as Ekans leapt out of the water. The Poison-type was caught in the Fire move, and upon its conclusion, Ekans's charred form fell back into the water, where it floated on the surface, making no attempt to move.

"Gah!" grunted the Youngster as he held out the Poké Ball. "Ekans, return!" Once Ekans was back in the ball, he rowed off to the side as Red withdrew Charmeleon. "I did my best, I have no regrets," he sighed, gesturing deeper into the swamp.

"I get the next one," Orange told Violet and Red.

"Sounds fair to me," Red agreed as they continued to wade.

Deeper and deeper into the swamp they wandered, wading sluggishly through the thick, smelly liquid. Then, Violet gave a violent cough.

"Ugh!" she exclaimed. "Something reeks around here!"

Orange responded by raising his left arm and sniffing the armpit. He then shrugged and said, "It's not me, I can tell you that much."

"No, this is worse than you," argued Violet, earning a glare from Orange. "This... ugh! It smells like an overflowing dumpster on a hot day!"

"Koff Koffing," came a deep voice from directly behind the trio. Simultaneously, they wheeled around, and could now see- and smell- the source of the particularly foul stench. A large purple sphere with small bumps all over it was floating in midair, giving off a strange, yellow gas from aforementioned bumps. It was drinking the swamp water, and it seemed to be enjoying itself, for it would occasionally give off a contented sigh, each one accompanied with another puff of smelly, yellow gas. It then turned around, having just noticed the trio; its face consisted of a pair of eyes above a wide, grinning mouth with only two small, yet sharp, teeth within. Below its face could be seen a skull-and-crossbones design, the same shade of yellow as the smoke it was emitting.

"It's a Koffing!" exclaimed Violet, holding out her Pokédex. "Oh, those are so cool!"

"Koffing, the Poison Gas Pokémon, droned the device. "Koffing stores several different types of toxic gases within its body, and mixes them to create potent Poison attacks. It feasts on raw garbage to add chemicals to these gases."

Orange turned and looked at Violet. "You're gonna catch this thing, aren't you?" he asked.

"Is it that obvious?" Violet replied, grinning happily, already holding a full-sized Poké Ball in her right hand. "Migraine, I choose you!" she added, throwing the ball.

In a flash of light, Violet's Psyduck materialized, landing in the swamp water and swimming around.

Koffing made the first move- it opened its mouth wide and unleashed a plume of black smoke from within, causing Migraine to give weird, quacking coughs.

"That's Koffing's Smog attack," Red warned Violet. "It could poison Migraine if you're not careful!"

"Migraine, Water Gun!" Violet ordered.

"Psy aye aye aye aye!" quacked Migraine as it unleashed a blast of water from its mouth, striking Koffing with expert precision as the Smog faded away.

"Koff!" groaned Koffing as the Water Gun made contact. Migraine unleashed another Water Gun, but this time, Koffing was ready, and responded by unleashing a thick stream of smelly, dark liquid from its mouth, meeting the Water Gun in midair, each attack blocking the other.

"What was that?" wondered Orange out loud.

"Koffing's Sludge attack, duh," replied Violet. "Migraine, use your Submission attack now!"

"Psy!" replied Migraine as it swam towards Koffing, then leapt out of the swamp water. Koffing, however, was ready for this one. The skull and crossbones briefly flashed with a white light, and then a pair of arms made entirely of yellow smoke burst forth from two of Koffing's pores. The gaseous arms grabbed Migraine, and Koffing began to wrestle it into a nearby tree.

"OK, since when can Koffing learn Submission?" asked Orange.

"It can't," Red replied, as he checked his Pokédex. "That Koffing knows Mimic, though, that must be what it's doing.

Meanwhile, Koffing had slammed Migraine headfirst into a tree, a fact Violet was quick to notice.

"Migraine, use your Confusion attack!" she ordered.

"Psy...." replied the Psyduck, its eyes glowing light blue. Then, a pair of blue beams of psychic energy exploded forth from the Water-type's eyes, striking Koffing directly, and sending it falling into the swamp water below. Groaning, it struggled to get back into the air, but Violet was wasting no time; she had already dug a red-and-white sphere out of her fanny pack.

"Poké Ball, go!" she exclaimed, throwing the orb at Koffing. Upon contact, the sphere split open, and Koffing, now turning into a shapeless mass of transparent red energy, was sucked inside. The ball then snapped shut and landed on the surface of the swamp water, where it wobbled back and forth, sending small ripples across the rancid surface of the marsh. After several moments, the ball fell still. Beaming, Violet waded over and picked up the Poké Ball.

"Nice," grinned Orange.

"What are you gonna name it, Violet?" asked Red.

"Skulls," replied Violet.

"'Skulls'?" repeated Orange. "Not 'Skull'? It only has the one skull, you know-"

"And when it evolves into a Weezing, it'll have two," Violet replied smoothly. "Now, let's keep moving, we have to find the next trainer- WAH!" For at that moment, some of the swamp muck in front of her started to rise up. As some of the water fell away, though, it became clear that what had risen wasn't really a part of the swamp. It did look to be roughly the same consistency, though, a pile of odd, purple gunk- with a pair of eyes.

"Eeeewwww," whined Violet as she backed up hastily, holding her Pokédex out like a shield. "Koffing are cool, at least, but Grimer are just creepy!"

"Grimer, the Sludge Pokémon," said Violet's Pokédex in its usual mechanical monotone. "Grimer appears in filthy areas. It thrives by sucking up polluted sludge that is pumped out of factories."

"Shoo! Get going!" Orange exclaimed to the Grimer. Grimer shook its head, however, defiantly standing its ground. At this, Orange waded his way in front of Violet and threw a Poké Ball into the air. "Q, let's teach this thing some manners!"

In a flash of light, Orange's Q materialized. "Kyuuuu," it hummed in its soft, melodic voice.

"Q, Confusion attack now!" Orange ordered. Q complied with the command, firing off a beam of blue energy. Grimer yelled out as the attack made contact, but immediately fought back by launching a stream of Sludge from its mouth. Q squealed in discomfort as the Poison move hit.

"That's one tough Grimer," remarked Red.

"Q! Headbutt!" exclaimed Orange.

"Kyuuuuu," replied Q as it dove down and slammed into Grimer, knocking its sludgy form backwards. Grimer got back up, however, and its eyes started to glow green. Immediately, several green orbs of energy floated out of Q's body and into Grimer's, seeming to revitalize the latter.

"Grimer can learn Mega Drain?!" exclaimed Orange. "That does it! Q, use TM50!"

"Wha?" Red replied, as his Pokédex spoke up.

"TM50, a move with no type. A frenzied technique in which the user slaps the opponent repeatedly."

A pair of glowing, rectangular appendages sprouted out of Q, one out of each side, and it dove down on Grimer, slapping it repeatedly with these appendages.

"Gri-i-i-i!" exclaimed Grimer, unable to react to the repeated slaps. As Q finished the attack, Grimer ceased movement, collapsing in a small, sludgy heap that bobbed about lazily on the water's surface. Orange then took out a Poké Ball.

"Orange, you wouldn't!" Violet exclaimed.

"Consider this payback for Flutters!" Orange cackled. "Poké Ball, g-" However, before Orange could throw the ball at Grimer, it turned into red energy and was sucked straight up. The trio's collective gaze followed this energy, until they saw where it ended up; inside a Poké Ball being held by a brown-haired girl around Red's age, who was standing on a tree limb.

"That Grimer was yours?!" exclaimed Violet, outraged.

"Yep!" the Lass replied. "I like to test trainers by not actually giving my Grimer commands, so they can't tell what they're up against. I was very impressed with that battle, though. I did my best, I have no regrets. Go on through."

Still glaring and grumbling audibly, Violet continued to wade through the swamp, Red and Orange following close behind.
    ~~~~~~~~
    End of Chapter 12.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Here I am, to reply, obviously! When I should be working on my next oneshot, but this is much awesomer.

"Orange?"

"Yes?"

"Shut up."
    Gotta love those moments.

"Come on, Rattata," Red pleaded, plunging his hands into the muck in an attempt to locate Rattata, when suddenly a blinding flash of light forced his eyes shut. The glow brightened as its source breached the surface of the swamp, allowing the shocked onlookers to better observe Rattata evolving. Finally, the glow faded, revealing a larger creature with light brown fur to be swimming in front of Red. Orange took out his Pokédex and aimed it at Red's newly-evolved Pokémon.
    For some reason, I didn't like this evolution. I mean, I love Raticate, but it just seemed too sudden. And I doubt drowning a mouse in sludge would get it to evolve, but that's just me.

"Raticate's webbed hind feet make it an excellent swimmer.
    I don't recall this being a dex entry, unless you make those up too.

"Raticate can't move!" said Orange.
    Oh yeah, in RBY, if your opponent Wraps you, you're screwed.

"It's a Koffing!" exclaimed Violet, holding out her Pokédex. "Oh, those are so cool!"
    O.O Didn't see that coming. I think we all figured Orange would be catching it, but nice twist anyhow.

"What are you gonna name it, Violet?" asked Red.

"Skulls," replied Violet.

"'Skulls'?" repeated Orange. "Not 'Skull'? It only has the one skull, you know-"

"And when it evolves into a Weezing, it'll have two," Violet replied smoothly.
    Orange, have a Rawst berry. Because YOU JUST GOT BURNED!

"Gri-i-i-i!" exclaimed Grimer, unable to react to the repeated slaps. As Q finished the attack, Grimer ceased movement, collapsing in a small, sludgy heap that bobbed about lazily on the water's surface. Orange then took out a Poké Ball.

"Orange, you wouldn't!" Violet exclaimed.

"Consider this payback for Flutters!" Orange cackled.
    I CALLED IT

"Poké Ball, g-" However, before Orange could throw the ball at Grimer, it turned into red energy and was sucked straight up. The trio's collective gaze followed this energy, until they saw where it ended up; inside a Poké Ball being held by a brown-haired girl around Red's age, who was standing on a tree limb.

"That Grimer was yours?!" exclaimed Violet, outraged.
    Or... not.

This one felt shorter than your others, but still just as good. But still, an evolution, capture, and new move in one chapter? Not complaining about any, though.

Also, I found one thing this fic is lacking. Spongebob references. We all want them. You want them. Do it! Do it! Moo it! Moo it! Fairies! Fairies!

Aaaaaaand here's my review for Chapter Twelve!

This chapter seemed a little bit too short, but it could be just me. The lack of creativity in the chapter title...was there any? Also, Rattata's evolution did seem a little sudden, but Rattata evolved into Raticate quickly, so...but Charmeleon is back yay~. Orange needs to improve on his timing on his evil laugh, seeing Grimer belonged to someone else. Violet's capturing of Koffing seemed unexpected, but one, her name is technically purple and she kind of needs a purple Pokemon and two, how else is the ever expected Weezing supposed to debut?

I await Chapter 13 (bwahaha, unlucky number :P)!
    Last edited by Moonlight Amaryllis; 30th July 2012 at 4:13 AM.

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Time, Missingno. Master? Is it really that time again?

Well this was an enjoyable chapter amid the putrid waters of Nugget Swamp.

Raticate's evolution was unexpected, but welcome none the less. And Z-nogyroP, Raticate's Yellow dex entry says it uses its webbed feet to swim across rivers. So I assume that makes it a good swimmer.

I have to say that any chapter with Charmleon in it is good in my book, even if it is for a short time.

I knew it, I just knew that you couldn't write a fic with out someone catching a Koffing. And Violet's naming it Skulls is good planning for when it evolves.

Now that Grimer psydo-battle was pretty creative. Making them think it was a wild Pokemon when it was actually a trainer battle in disguise. How clever of you. Though I really wanted Orange to catch it, it would have been humorous to read.

Well that about concludes my review, good luck with the next chapter.

Knightfall signing off ...

Another good chapter, Mr. Missingno. Master. Seemed a bit short or rushed or something, but I digress. It was still very enjoyable regardless. Also Orange = meanie

Why am I not suprised...

Anyway, good chapter. I don't realyy like Raticate... Meh, it's better than Magikarp/Feebas. AND ZUBAT.

P.S Is that Raticate in the top percentage of Raticate?
    Last edited by SneaselFTW; 30th July 2012 at 11:03 AM.

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Here I am, to reply, obviously! When I should be working on my next oneshot, but this is much awesomer.
    Is awesomer even a word? Oh, well, who cares? Glad you like it!

I don't recall this being a dex entry, unless you make those up too.
    I only make up the dex entries for the Glitch Pokémon. For the official Pokémon, I always use the Generation I dex entries (R/B, Y, Stadium, and FireRed). Some of Raticate's dex entries mention its hind feet being webbed and it swimming in rivers to catch prey, too.

Oh yeah, in RBY, if your opponent Wraps you, you're screwed.
    That's one of the things I miss about RBY, right up there with Glitch Pokémon and Hyper Beam not requiring a recharge turn if it KOs the foe. It's also why I use a Tentacool in Yellow.

O.O Didn't see that coming. I think we all figured Orange would be catching it, but nice twist anyhow.
    I never really pictured giving Koffing to Orange.

Orange, have a Rawst berry. Because YOU JUST GOT BURNED!
    I have no actual response to this, I just had to quote it because it's that good.

I CALLED IT

Or... not.
    Has The Adventure of Adventureness taught you nothing about my writing? Even if you expect the unexpected, you'll still get surprised.

This one felt shorter than your others, but still just as good. But still, an evolution, capture, and new move in one chapter? Not complaining about any, though.
    Yeah, it was a little bit on the shorter side, I'll admit. Glad you like it, though.

Also, I found one thing this fic is lacking. Spongebob references. We all want them. You want them. Do it! Do it! Moo it! Moo it! Fairies! Fairies!
    I take it you wouldn't mind a few Fairly OddParent references, either? I'll consider it, but as this fic is less humor-centric than The Adventure of Adventureness, don't get your hopes too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol View Post
    Aaaaaaand here's my review for Chapter Twelve!

This chapter seemed a little bit too short, but it could be just me. The lack of creativity in the chapter title...was there any? Also, Rattata's evolution did seem a little sudden, but Rattata evolved into Raticate quickly, so...but Charmeleon is back yay~.
    It wasn't just you, the chapter was a tad... length-challenged.

Orange needs to improve on his timing on his evil laugh, seeing Grimer belonged to someone else.
    In his defense, nobody could've seen that coming.

Violet's capturing of Koffing seemed unexpected, but one, her name is technically purple and she kind of needs a purple Pokemon and two, how else is the ever expected Weezing supposed to debut?
    You had to have been expecting someone to catch a Koffing, though. Especially given how you describe Weezing as "ever expected". It shows you know me too well.

Time, Missingno. Master? Is it really that time again?
    I'd say so.

Well this was an enjoyable chapter amid the putrid waters of Nugget Swamp.
    Thanks!

I have to say that any chapter with Charmleon in it is good in my book, even if it is for a short time.
    I hear that, I feel the same way about Weezing.

I knew it, I just knew that you couldn't write a fic with out someone catching a Koffing.
    Couldn't resist, yeah.

Now that Grimer psydo-battle was pretty creative. Making them think it was a wild Pokemon when it was actually a trainer battle in disguise. How clever of you. Though I really wanted Orange to catch it, it would have been humorous to read.
    Glad you liked it. And Orange still wants to look for a Grimer, though, this was but a minor setback to him. Whether or not he succeeds, however, that's another story.

Well that about concludes my review, good luck with the next chapter.

Knightfall signing off ...
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Another good chapter, Mr. Missingno. Master. Seemed a bit short or rushed or something, but I digress. It was still very enjoyable regardless. Also Orange = meanie
    In Orange's defense, Violet started it. She caught Flutters in the first place just because it bothered Orange, so he wants payback.

Quote Originally Posted by legolover8 View Post
    Why am I not suprised...
    Because you know me too well?

Anyway, good chapter. I don't realyy like Raticate... Meh, it's better than Magikarp/Feebas. AND ZUBAT.
    Aww, what do you got against Zubat?

P.S Is that Raticate in the top percentage of Raticate?
    We'll see.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Is awesomer even a word? Oh, well, who cares? Glad you like it!

I highly doubt it, but I don't care!

I only make up the dex entries for the Glitch Pokémon. For the official Pokémon, I always use the Generation I dex entries (R/B, Y, Stadium, and FireRed). Some of Raticate's dex entries mention its hind feet being webbed and it swimming in rivers to catch prey, too.

Okay. I suppose I need to do some homework on RBY entries. I get most of my knowledge of them from Pokedex One-Shots.

That's one of the things I miss about RBY, right up there with Glitch Pokémon and Hyper Beam not requiring a recharge turn if it KOs the foe. It's also why I use a Tentacool in Yellow.

Yeah, RBY was sorta messed up in that way. But I miss how much of a threat Toxic+Leech Seed was.

I never really pictured giving Koffing to Orange.

I dunno. I suppose it just seemed... fitting, to me.

I have no actual response to this, I just had to quote it because it's that good.

Here's hoping someone will sig it! EDIT: Ignore that, I did!

Has The Adventure of Adventureness taught you nothing about my writing? Even if you expect the unexpected, you'll still get surprised.

Yeah, like in the Awesome of Awesomeness, when    Spoiler:

I take it you wouldn't mind a few Fairly OddParent references, either? I'll consider it, but as this fic is less humor-centric than The Adventure of Adventureness, don't get your hopes too high.

Well, in that case, I'll cancel the order for the two thousand fireworks I was gonna blow up when you made your first one...
    Last edited by Z-nogyroP; 31st July 2012 at 1:42 AM.

NEWCHAPTERASDFASDFASDF

RATICATE

CHARMELEON

KOFFING

TRAINER GRIMER

ITS ALL AMAZING

Ahem...ugh. Ok, back to my senses now. Nice chapter, but Flutters REALLY should've become a Butterfree before Rattata did any evolving. That would mean that, unless RBY has altered evolution chains, Red is doing more than twice as good as Violet. He's gotten a level 20 and a level 16, and she can't even get a level 10.
    Credit to Atari!

NEWCHAPTERASDFASDFASDF

RATICATE

CHARMELEON

KOFFING

TRAINER GRIMER

ITS ALL AMAZING

Ahem...ugh. Ok, back to my senses now. Nice chapter, but Flutters REALLY should've become a Butterfree before Rattata did any evolving. That would mean that, unless RBY has altered evolution chains, Red is doing more than twice as good as Violet. He's gotten a level 20 and a level 16, and she can't even get a level 10.
    ...You should probably re-read a few of the previous chapters. Flutters has been a Butterfree for quite some time now.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

It wasn't just you, the chapter was a tad... length-challenged.
    Eh, happened to me on my first few chapter of my fic :P. Just edit it and add more.

In his defense, nobody could've seen that coming.
    What if it was wild and it wiped the floor with his team all of a sudden or got away?

You had to have been expecting someone to catch a Koffing, though. Especially given how you describe Weezing as "ever expected". It shows you know me too well.
    It's a well known fact you like Weezing, as it's my reputation to love Dark-Types, particularly Absol

Oh, and awesome isn't a word. It's strictly said "more awesome".

Spoiler:- Some Things:

...You should probably re-read a few of the previous chapters. Flutters has been a Butterfree for quite some time now.
    ...And now I'm a moron.

*sits in a corner*
    Credit to Atari!

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast