Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 404 Error

Oh, and just throwing this out there, I was hoping 404 would play into the AoA continuity. It would be fun to have a counterpart of Cheeseball (Cocoa Puff?) as the second gyum leader, sespecially since canonically Red's best friend all his life was Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol View Post
    It's a well known fact you like Weezing, as it's my reputation to love Dark-Types, particularly Absol
    You like Dark-types? Cool. It may interest you to know, then, that though I love all Poison-types, high on my list of favorites happens to be Drapion and Skuntank.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol View Post
    Oh, and awesome isn't a word. It's strictly said "more awesome".
    I'm pretty sure "awesome" is a word. Awesomer, on the other hand, you are right, it isn't a word. But then, I ain't no grammar nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    ...And now I'm a moron.

*sits in a corner*
    Oh, you're not a moron. This kind of thing can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Oh, and just throwing this out there, I was hoping 404 would play into the AoA continuity. It would be fun to have a counterpart of Cheeseball (Cocoa Puff?) as the second gyum leader, sespecially since canonically Red's best friend all his life was Gary
    I haven't ruled such a thing out just yet. Whether or not we get a Cheeseball counterpart, I can't really say at the moment. Mainly because I don't know.

The next chapter... Not gonna lie, it's going kinda slow. That said, I will be working on it this week, make no mistake, so to expect it by this weekend wouldn't be unreasonable. By no means would it be a sure thing, but it wouldn't be unreasonable.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Sorry that I haven't commented, but it was a good chapter. All of my complaints have already been noticed, but there were not any. Keep up the good work

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

Hooray for Raticate! Gotta love Hyper Fang! Another fabulous chapter of entertainment and humor as usual. Somehow, Violet telling Orange to shut up never gets old.

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

Started reading the fic today and I found it interesting and amusing at the same time. Love how you put glitch pokemon in thism cause it's nice they're getting some love. The story reminded me of the time when I played in Blue and caught a level 128 starmie and battled Professor Oak and his army of missingnos. Very entertaining characters and creative stuff.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Quote Originally Posted by C.Gholy View Post
    Started reading the fic today and I found it interesting and amusing at the same time. Love how you put glitch pokemon in thism cause it's nice they're getting some love. The story reminded me of the time when I played in Blue and caught a level 128 starmie and battled Professor Oak and his army of missingnos. Very entertaining characters and creative stuff.
    Yeah, I'd always be finding high level Golbat and Snorlax myself, in addition to Missingno., obviously.

I am well aware that the next chapter is taking a while, BTW, but don't worry, it is getting worked on. I intend to have it out by the end of the week, but I'm not entirely sure how feasible this is. It'll definitely be out by the end of the month, though, for sure.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

I'd just like to apologize for the extreme delay in getting this chapter out. Summer's coming to an end, and that's somehow making me even lazier than usual. But enough of my excuses, here it is, chapter 13!

Chapter 13: Attack of the 6-Foot Weepinbell
    ~~~~~~~~

"Finish it, Skulls! Sludge attack now!" shouted Violet.

"Koff!" Skulls exclaimed as it blasted its opponent, a white-and-orange frilly fish-like Pokemon with a single, sharp horn on its head, with a stream of thick, smelly, dark goop. The Goldeen was blasted backwards by the Poison move, and it came to rest right in front of its trainer, who was clad only in swim trunks, and was, for reasons nobody in the group really wanted to know, swimming in the deeper portion of Nugget Swamp. Sighing, the Swimmer withdrew Goldeen.

"I did my best, I have no regrets," he stated simply as he swam off to the side. "Proceed."

"You do know you can just stand up in this, right?" asked Orange. "It's not that deep."

"I know that," scoffed the Swimmer. "I just don't like to take the easy way out. Most trainers will ride an aquatic Pokémon across the waves, but not me. Besides, if I ever pass up an opportunity to swim, how will I keep up this buff physique?" he added, flexing his left arm in order to show off his muscles.

"Sounds reasonable to me," Violet said, eyeing aforementioned muscles.

"Let's go," said Orange pointedly, leading the way. Violet shot him a particularly nasty glare, but followed him, albeit somewhat reluctantly. Red said nothing, and merely waited for the fight to break out once they were out of earshot of the Swimmer. To his mild surprise, however, this never happened. Violet and Orange remained silent as the trio made their way through the waist-deep swamp water, though they would occasionally shoot dirty looks at each other.

Before long, a boy around Red's age approached the group, dressed in a green jacket with matching pants and a cap.

"Let me guess, you're number five?" asked Red.

"You got that right," nodded the Jr. Trainer. "Which one of you am I battling?"

"I'll go," volunteered Red. "Violet, you got the last one, and Orange, you took the one before that."

"That one shouldn't count, I didn't know that Grimer had an owner," Orange replied stubbornly.

"It still counts, though," Violet added.

"Violet?" said Orange.

"What?"

"Shut up."

Violet looked to be at a loss for words, obviously not having expected this. Orange smirked at the dumbfounded expression on her face.

"Yeah, how do you like it?" he asked. "Not so funny when it's turned around on you, is it? How was that, Red? Er... Red?"

For Red had already started to battle the Jr. Trainer. His Paras was floating on the surface of the swamp water, glancing warily at its opponent- a Mankey.

"Mankey, go! Scratch attack!" ordered the Jr. Trainer.

"Paras, Stun Spore!" Red commanded.

"Paraaas!" exclaimed Paras as it unleashed a cloud of yellow dust from its mushrooms. Mankey, who had been swimming expertly through the pond water, approaching Paras at a fast pace, was forced to stop as the spores stunned it.

"Now Scratch it!" called Red.

Paras clumsily swam through the swamp water, and took a vicious swipe at Mankey with its right claw. Screeching in pain, Mankey swam, with great difficulty, over to the nearest tree, which appeared to be made entirely out of popsicle sticks, duct tape, and toilet seats. Slowly, the Pig Monkey Pokémon climbed its way up the arboreal anomaly, and stood on a branch hanging over the swamp, glaring down at Paras.

"Good, Mankey!" the Jr. Trainer exclaimed. "Use your Body Slam!"

"Paras, Leech Life now!" Red commanded.

Mankey screeched as it leapt out of the tree, attempting to land on Paras, who simply bared its teeth, and chomped down on Mankey as it landed, sucking away some of its energy.

"That does it, Mankey, let's get ready to finish it!" the Jr. Trainer shouted. "Use Rock Slide!"

"Paras, Bide!" Red exclaimed, causing Violet and Orange to exchange surprised looks.

"Bide?" repeated Orange. "Since when-"

"I used the TM I won in Rewept Gym while Violet was battling that Swimmer," Red explained. "I figured Paras could use another move."

Paras's entire body took on a bright yellow glow as Mankey fired a pair of red beams from its eyes. The beams flew over Paras, leaving a number of strange, glowing red circles in their wake. Then, from each circle fell a number of brown boulders, each one landing on Paras. Most of them fell into the swamp water after striking the Mushroom Pokémon, but some remained on top. Then, once the attack was done, the glow intensified, and Paras launched an intense beam of yellow energy at the surprised Mankey, knocking it off the tree limb and into its trainer's arms. Mankey made no further effort to move.

"I did my best, I have no regrets," sighed the Jr. Trainer as he withdrew Mankey and stepped aside.

"Is that all you guys can say when you lose?" asked Orange. "More importantly, that's five of you guys we've crushed now, so where's our reward?"

"You're almost out of the swamp," replied the Jr. Trainer. "The guy in charge of the challenge should be standing at the edge of the swamp, he's the guy you talk to about a reward."

"Thanks," said Red as he withdrew Paras. Red now led the way, and sure enough, not two minutes later, the group found themselves back on dry ground/aluminum siding/floor tiles. They had left Nugget Swamp. Standing nearby was a man wearing a nondescript gray hoodie sweatshirt and white pants. He approached the trio immediately.

"I must congratulate the three of you," he said. "You have defeated our five contest trainers, and have earned this great reward- a genuine gold Nugget!" At this, he reached into a bag slung over his shoulder and pulled out what appeared to be a solid gold sphere, about the size of a Poké Ball.

"OK, I'm just gonna come right out and say it," said Orange. "Which one of us holds onto it?"

"I volunteer Red," Violet replied. "I think we can both trust him."

"Thanks, Violet," grinned Red as he accepted the Nugget from the man and placed it into his backpack.

"When we go back to Ruceelna tonight, we'll stop at the Pokémart," suggested Orange. "Those places will buy literally anything off of a trainer. We sell it there and split the profits three ways, that sound good?"

"Fine by me," said Red and Violet simultaneously.

"One more thing," the man added. "Would any of you be interested in joining Team Debug? We're a-"

"An extremist criminal organization who tries to wipe out entire races of Pokémon," Violet interrupted. "Thanks, but no thanks."

"Over my dead body," added Orange.

"Same here," put in Red.

The man scowled at the trio. "You can't be serious," he stated. "Sure, Team Debug gets some bad press, but we're going to save the world! Now, it looks like you three need convincing! I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse!" As he said this, he unzipped his hoodie, revealing his shirt which displayed the Team Debug insignia, and then took three Poké Balls off his belt and threw them all at once. "Diglett! Venonat! Weepinbell! Go!"

In three flashes of light, a trio of Pokémon materialized; a small, brown creature with a simple face consisting of two small, beady, black eyes, a large red nose, and no visible mouth, which appeared to be at least partly underground; a spherical insect covered in purple fur, with a pair of large, round, red eyes, a mouth with two small fangs, a pair of antennae, and two small hands; a yellow, bell-shaped creature that looked something like a larger-than-life replica of a Bellsprout's head, with a pair of leaves on its sides, not unlike what a Bellsprout had on its twig-like torso. Simultaneously, Red, Orange, and Violet held out their Pokédexes at these creatures.

"Diglett, the Mole Pokémon," said Red's Pokédex. "Diglett lives about one yard underground, where it feasts on plant roots. It sometimes appears aboveground."

"Venonat, the Insect Pokémon," droned Orange's Pokédex. "Venonat lives in the shadows of tall trees. It uses its large, radar-like eyes to move about in darkness."

"Weepinbell, the Flycatcher Pokémon, and the evolved form of Bellsprout," stated Violet's Pokédex. "Weepinbell's Acid can dissolve anything. This Acid in addition to its PoisonPowder are its main means of subduing its prey."

Once the Pokédexes had finished speaking, Red took out a Poké Ball and enlarged it, Orange and Violet following suit. They then threw the balls simultaneously.

"Charmeleon, I choose you!" Red shouted.

"Chompy, let's do it!" exclaimed Violet.

"Go! .4!" exclaimed Orange.

In another three flashes of light, Red's Charmeleon, Orange's .4, and Chompy, Violet's Bellsprout, materialized at the same time. The Debug Grunt scowled at the sight of .4.

"Attack that abomination first!" he ordered. "Diglett! Scratch!"

"Wait a second, Scratch?" asked Orange, as he cast a dubious glance at the Mole Pokémon, who seemed to sport no obvious appendages, let alone anything sharp. "With what?" he asked.

As if in response, Diglett moved forward, plowing its way through the rock, the ceramic tiles, and the aluminum siding, and its nose began to glow. As the nose glowed, it lengthened, coming to a point. Diglett then twisted around in the ground as it approached .4, the point of its nose raking the Caffeine Pokémon's side.

"Well, that was weird," Orange remarked. ".4, use TM28!"

.4 gibbered excitedly as it dove down at Diglett and promptly exploded. As the dust cleared, however, it became clear that Diglett had evaded the attack by going underground, as evidenced by the small hole in the ground, and the fact that Diglett was resurfacing some five feet away from .4, looking totally unscathed.

"Chompy, Growth!" Violet ordered.

"Charmeleon, hit Venonat with Flamethrower!" commanded Red.

".4, Agility!" called Orange.

The Grunt then proceeded to bark out orders to his Pokémon. "Diglett, Sand-Attack! Weepinbell, you use your own Growth! Venonat, Sleep Powder!"

Chompy and Weepinbell simultaneously took on light green auras and proceeded to grow until they were double their usual sizes. Weepinbell was now just as tall as its trainer, while Chompy was still shorter than its evolved form. As they glared at each other, Diglett spun in place, sending a spray of sand in Charmeleon's direction, though .4 began to fly in circles around the Ground-type with increasing rapidity. Then, on Orange's order, .4 used TM28 once more, and this time, the blast knocked Diglett out. Charmeleon, meanwhile, easily overpowered the cloud of blue dust Venonat had emitted with a powerful stream of fire, rendering the Venonat unconscious in the process.

The grunt withdrew Diglett and Venonat, but didn't look particularly concerned. "Wrap the Charmeleon!" he ordered.

"Bell," grunted the Weepinbell in a deep voice as the brown stem-like protrusion on top of its head lengthened, growing into a lengthy vine, and, before anyone could do anything about it, binding Charmeleon completely, except for its tail. Charmeleon flailed its tail about, attempting to use Ember on Weepinbell, but the attack missed miserably. Weepinbell squeezed tighter as Chompy and .4 moved in to attack. .4, in its excitement, however, used TM28 a few seconds too early. While Weepinbell was hit by the attack, it didn't seem to have taken nearly as much damage from the blast as it ought to have. It did, however, have the effect of forcing Weepinbell to release Charmeleon, though this turned out to not be such an issue; Charmeleon had already fainted.

"Now use Razor Leaf!" the grunt ordered as Red withdrew Charmeleon.

"Chompy, Vine Whip!" Violet commanded.

".4, TM09!" shouted Orange.

Weepinbell swung its leaves around wildly, and a flurry of razor-sharp leaves flew forth from them. Chompy sprouted a pair of vines from behind its leaves, managing to swat down most of them, but some struck .4, who screeched with discomfort as its body caught fire. .4 rose up high into the air, ready to dive-bomb Weepinbell.

"Jump with Vine Whip!" roared the grunt.

"Bell bell Weepinbell," replied Weepinbell as its brown stem extended once again, and this time, it slapped the ground hard, propelling itself into the air just as .4 dove. The Pokémaniac-type slammed into the ground, creating a fiery explosion, which Weepinbell had managed to evade completely. Knowing already that .4 was down, Orange withdrew it, leaving only Chompy to deal with the Weepinbell.

"We are so screwed," muttered Orange to Red.

"I heard that," snapped Violet as Weepinbell landed right where it had started from. "Chompy, Sleep Powder!"

"Weepinbell, Slam!" commanded the grunt.

The Bellsprout exhaled a cloud of glittery blue dust from its large mouth, which Weepinbell hopped out of the way of before slapping Chompy with its vine, sending it flying into a large rock. Shakily, Chompy got back onto its roots and walked back over to Weepinbell, a determined look in its eyes. Without even waiting for orders, Chompy lunged at its evolved counterpart, its body getting longer, and constricted the Weepinbell with its continually lengthening torso. Weepinbell groaned under the pressure of the Wrap attack, and attempted to pry the Bellsprout off with its leaves. This proved futile, however, and only spurred Chompy to squeeze harder. At last, the Bellsprout relinquished its grip; the Weepinbell hadn't fainted yet, but was panting heavily. Clearly the attack had taken a lot out of it, but it still looked willing to battle.

And then Chompy began to glow.

"All right!" Violet exclaimed as her starter Pokémon proceeded to evolve, its slender body shrinking away into the top of its head, the head itself getting larger, the leaves shifting their position. When the white light faded, there were now two six-foot Weepinbell present, each one glaring at the other, though the Debug Grunt's Weepinbell looked noticeably less confident now.

"Chompy, let's end this," said Violet, a confident smirk on her face. "Acid."

"Bell!" exclaimed Chompy as it blasted a stream of corrosive purple fluid from its gaping mouth. The grunt's Weepinbell groaned in agony as the attack landed, and quickly flopped over onto its back, shrinking back down to its regular size.

"All right, Chompy!" Violet cheered as her own Weepinbell shrunk back down to its original size.

"It's a shame," sighed the grunt as both Weepinbell were withdrawn to their Poké Balls by their respective trainers. "Talent like yours, you could have made it big in Team Debug. You, though, redhead, you got a lot to learn about Pokémon. Specifically, what is and isn't a Pokémon-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, we've heard that garbage before," interrupted Orange as he walked away.

"Hey, Orange, where are you going?" asked Red as he ran over to him. "We gotta go back through the swamp to get back to Ruceelna."

"Yeah, but we don't have to get back just yet," replied Orange as Violet caught up. "The day's only half done, and I can see some trainers over there. Didn't we come out this way for training in the first place?" When neither Red nor Violet raised any objections, Orange grinned at them and ran off towards the nearest trainer, challenging him to a battle at the top of his lungs.

"I don't know why, but I hate it when he's right," sighed Violet as she and Red walked off after Orange.
    ~~~~~~~~
    End of Chapter 13.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 26th August 2012 at 3:26 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Good chapter, though I had to take a moment to remember everything after so long/ Vines of toilet seats.... unpleasant sounding, non?

we'll stop at the Pokémart" suggested Orange.
    Missing a comma here.

I saw some grammatical mistake around the pokemart, like missing a "
    Increase chapter length.
    They say if you press cntrl and W you get to see the programming of a website after making a signature with 3 ws and 8qs
    Fanfics I like that are still in production: Author's Run, Pokémon emerald the better version

This the aquabats song awesome forces:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx4sL0w3SHM
    and here is their song shark fighter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wchrctxFo

I NEED A BETA READER!
    Check out my fic.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...2#post14945242

Awesome! I'm looking foward to them meeting Bill, haha! Great chapter!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Christianity is a Relationship with our true God, Jesus. It's not a Religion. Copy and paste If you agree

Registeel is mine, yay!

Adventure of Adventureness & Awesome of Awesomeness: Smashing the 4th wall into gazillion pieces since 2010. - Sig too long, so Mod a cropped it

Here I am, with yet another review.
    Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master
    The Goldeen was blasted backwards by the Poison move, and it came to rest right in front of its trainer, who was clad only in swim trunks, and was, for reasons nobody in the group really wanted to know, swimming in the deeper portion of Nugget Swamp.
    I don't want to know myself.

"Violet?" said Orange.

"What?"

"Shut up."

Violet looked to be at a loss for words, obviously not having expected this.
    Woah, didn't see that coming. Well, Violt had it coming, didn't she?

Screeching in pain, Mankey swam, with great difficulty, over to the nearest tree, which appeared to be made entirely out of popsicle sticks, duct tape, and toilet seats.
    Oh, gross.

"When we go back to Ruceelna tonight, we'll stop at the Pokémart," suggested Orange. "Those places will buy literally anything off of a trainer. We sell it there and split the profits three ways, that sound good?"
    Shouldn't that be capitilized?

"Attack that abomination first!" he ordered. "Diglett! Scratch!"

"Wait a second, Scratch?" asked Orange, as he cast a dubious glance at the Mole Pokémon, who seemed to sport no obvious appendages, let alone anything sharp. "With what?" he asked.

As if in response, Diglett moved forward, plowing its way through the rock, the ceramic tiles, and the aluminum siding, and its nose began to glow. As the nose glowed, it lengthened, coming to a point. Diglett then twisted around in the ground as it approached .4, the point of its nose raking the Caffeine Pokémon's side.
    I always wondered how they did that...

Anyways, very nice chapter, but there were a few places there could have been more descriptive, and avoid usibg words like "gloop" to describe something. Other than that, very amusing chapter, I eagerly await the next!

Spoiler:- Some Things:

NEW CHAPTER.

I actually had to read this twice. Why? Because I couldn't fathom where toilet seats came from in a world where toilet seats don't exist...

Orange, Orange, Orange...you haven't changed a bit. Or have you?...Nah, you haven't.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Wait? Orange got Violet with the "what? Shut up" thing? Oh God, the end is upon us...

Anyways, great chapter, I'm still within a day, so I'm still on time. I fully intend on making it to 01/01/13 and beyond without missing a chapter.

Bellsprout evolved! About time, everyone else evolved once, so it was natural that it was next. And it hurts to see Charmeleon bested by a Grass Type, but you can't win all the time, especially when you're Wrapped.

Eh, I can't say who I hate more, Team Debug or Team Error. Oh well, they're both idiots, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Can't wait for the next one.

Knightfall signing off ...

*stumbles out of the shadows* Um...hi! Due to undisclosed reasons, I have been off the commenting for a while. But now, I am throwing those undisclosed reasons into a conveniently placed trash can. Hurray for conveniently placed trash cans!
    Chapter 13: Attack of the 6-Foot Weepinbell
    This week, on low budget horror movies...
    "Violet?" said Orange.

"What?"

"Shut up."
    The world has just turned on it's head. I have no words.
    Screeching in pain, Mankey swam, with great difficulty, over to the nearest tree, which appeared to be made entirely out of popsicle sticks, duct tape, and toilet seats.
    I first wondered how it could stay together, but then I realised. Duct tape. Duct tape can hold anything together, even branches made out of toilet seats.
    "An extremist criminal organisation who tries to wipe out entire races of Pokémon," Violet interrupted. "Thanks, but no thanks."
    That can pretty much be used to describe any criminal organisation in pokemon. If you include only wanting strong pokemon to exist.
    I can never quite imagine that.
    And then Chompy began to glow.
    Ok, I am going to be completely honest, and say I saw that coming.
    When neither Red nor Violet raised any objections, Orange grinned at them and ran off towards the nearest trainer, challenging him to a battle at the top of his lungs.
    I don't care how loyal his pokemon become to him, or how long this story goes on for, I am always going to imagine him shouting to train his disobedient spearow.

Well, great chapter like always. But will this mean that, while in Kanto it's called Tohjo falls, here it will be called...Johto falls? Even I don't know how I came up with that. Also, what has always wondered me is why I black out when I lose, yet NPCs always stand there, and wait for more trainers? Anyways, Bye!
    Looking for a battle, any mode. PM me if you want one.

I am looking for:(pm me offers)

I've won something! I'm a random audience member!
    And in addition to the $2,500 in cash, a random audience member will receive a week's stay for two at his or her choice of any Holiday Inn. Today, there are more than 1500 Holiday Inns in the world. Go with the go-ers. Do the Inn thing. Stay at the Holiday Inn.

OK, I had just finished typing up replies to all your comments... and then I accidentally hit a button to move back a page, erasing everything I had typed up. So I'll just say this; the disgustingness of toilet seats depends on how much use they've seen; duct tape is awesome; and the next chapter is coming along nicely, and just might be up tonight. Oh, and as I've started classes, I don't think it'd be wise for any of you to get your hopes up that the slow pace that this fic is taking will improve anytime soon. Rest assured, I won't forget this story.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Chapter 14: Return of the Bug Catcher
    ~~~~~~~~

"All right, Pidgey! Quick Attack!"

"Spearow, Take Down!"

The two bird Pokémon streaked through the air, each aiming for the other one, fully intending to collide. When they crashed into each other, they fell to the ground. Spearow shakily climbed back onto its small feet, but its opponent, a slightly smaller bird with brown plumage all over, didn't even try to get back up.

"Pidgey, return," sighed the Youngster, holding out a Poké Ball.

"Yeah, we did it, Spearow!" Orange exclaimed happily.

"That is one awesome Spearow you got there," the Youngster said.

"I know, right?" Orange replied, grinning proudly. "Your Pidgey didn't do too bad itself, either."

"Thanks," said the Youngster before walking off, saying something about getting Pidgey to the Pokémon Center.

"Orange, you've been battling every single trainer we've come across since we got out of Nugget Swamp," Violet complained.

"And I beat them all!" Orange declared proudly, missing the point completely.

"What Violet is saying, Orange, is maybe you should give one of us a shot," said Red.

"Oh, what are you guys complaining about?" chuckled Orange. "Between Chompy and Rattata evolving, not to mention Violet catching Koffing, you two did well enough for yourselves in the swamp."

Violet opened her mouth to reply, when a familiar voice greeted their ears.

"Hey! Red, Orange, Violet, that you?"

Red wheeled around, to see a familiar-looking Bug Catcher running towards them. Orange and Violet did the same, and all three of them looked surprised.

"Jimmy?!" exclaimed Orange. "What are you doing here?"

"It is you guys! I decided to start traveling, see if I could get any more Bug-types. There's only so many different kinds in Ivadirin Forest. Just the Caterpie and Weedle families, plus Z4."

"How'd that go, anyway?" asked Violet. "You were gonna try and get a more obedient Z4, weren't you?"

"Yeah.... that didn't exactly pan out that well," Jimmy chuckled weakly. "But I did get some new ones! Who's gonna battle me and see?"

Violet turned to glare at Orange, but for once, the overeager trainer was keeping quiet. Clearly, his fear of Bug-types was starting to overcome his love for battle.

"I'll go," said Violet. "How many Pokemon should we each use?"

"Two each sound good?" asked Jimmy as he took a Poké Ball off his belt.

"Fine by me," smirked Violet as she readied a Poké Ball of her own.

Jimmy threw his ball first. "OK, Venonat! Let's go!"

In a flash of light, the round, fuzzy, purple form of a Venonat materialized. After sizing it up for a second, Violet threw the Poké Ball in her hand. "Go, Flutters!" she called as her Butterfree emerged.

"Hey, Flutters evolved, pretty cool!" grinned Jimmy. "OK, Venonat! Tackle attack!"

"Veno nat!" replied Venonat as it leapt into the air, trying to slam into Flutters.

"Flutters, use your Confusion attack!" Violet ordered.

"Freeh freeeh!" chittered Flutters as it let loose a pair of blue rays of light from its eyes, slamming into the Insect Pokémon with full force, knocking it to the ground.

"Venonat, Tackle again!" ordered Jimmy.

"Flutters, Harden!" Violet called.

As Venonat leapt at the Butterfree once more, Flutters stuck its wings straight out, and its entire body seemed to gleam in the broken, pixelly sunlight for a moment. Venonat bounced off of the Butterfree's body with a resounding CLAAANG and fell backwards. Flutters proceeded to flap its wings again, rising higher into the air.

"Good, Flutters! Now use String Shot!" exclaimed Violet.

"Freeeeeheeeeheeeh!" trilled Flutters as it unleashed several strands of white string from its mouth, quickly wrapping Venonat up in it until it couldn't move anymore.

"Vmmm nmmmt," muffled Venonat.

"No, Venonat! Try a Psybeam!" Jimmy exclaimed desperately.

"Flutters! Tackle it now!" Violet exclaimed, grinning widely. Flutters dove down at the immobilized Venonat, who couldn't seem to launch Psybeam. Venonat was sent flying into Jimmy's arms once the Butterfree slammed into it.

"Venonat, return!" Jimmy exclaimed as he held out the Poké Ball and calling the Insect Pokémon back. Once Venonat had been returned, he replaced the ball with another one and threw it. "OK, that's it! Scyther, let's go!"

"S-s-s-s-scyyyy.... S-s-s-s-scyyyyy..." Orange started gasping as a rather large winged creature emerged from Jimmy's Poké Ball. It stood on two legs, and was brandishing its arms; more specifically, the sharp, shiny, metallic sword blades on the ends of the arms. In what he evidently considered to be a nonchalant manner, Orange moved off to the side until he was directly behind Red.

"Scyther!" shrieked the large bug. Violet held out her Pokédex at her newest opponent.

"Scyther, the Mantis Pokémon," droned the device. "Scyther moves incredibly quickly and shreds its enemy with its razor-sharp scythes. On rare occasions, it flies with its wings."

"Flutters, use your Confusion!" Violet ordered.

"Scyther, Quick Attack!" Jimmy called.

Butterfree prepared to launch beams of psychic energy, but before it could even begin, Scyther began to flap its wings with incredible rapidity, and zipped forward with even greater rapidity, slamming headfirst into the Butterfree and tackling it to the ground.

"Flutters, return!" Violet exclaimed, holding out the Poké Ball and recalling her feebly stirring Butterfree. She quickly took out another ball and launched it. "I choose you, Skulls!"

In a flash of light, Violet's Koffing materialized, "Koffing," it rumbled in a deep voice.

"Koffing, pretty cool," nodded Jimmy. "OK, Scyther, use Wing Attack now!"

"Skulls, Smog attack!" commanded Violet.

"Koffing," replied Skulls as it blasted a thick, dark green fog from the prominent pores all over its body. Scyther had flown right into its fog, and could soon be heard coughing.

"Now, Skulls, Mimic!" Violet called.

Skulls looked down at the Smog cloud, and its skull-and-crossbones pattern briefly glowed with a bright white light. At that moment, Scyther flew out of the cloud, now hovering behind the Koffing.

"Scyther, Slash it!" ordered Jimmy.

"Skulls, Wing Attack!" yelled Violet.

"Koffing!" exclaimed Skulls as two of its pores unleashed plumes of smog. Each cloud formed itself into the shape of a wing as the Koffing began to fly towards the oncoming Scyther. The smog-wings and swordlike blades collided in midair, to general astonishment at just how solid the Koffing's "wings" had turned out to be. After several minutes of struggling, both attacks got through to their respective targets. Skulls smacked Scyther with its "wings", while Scyther sliced at Skulls with its scythes. Both Pokemon fell to the ground after this, neither one of them able to get back up.

"A draw, who'd have guessed?" remarked Orange as both trainers were recalling their Pokémon.

"It's not a draw, though," argued Violet. "Flutters took a lot of damage from Scyther's Quick Attack, but it wasn't knocked out. I'll admit, it was a pretty close match, though!"

"Yeah," grinned Jimmy. "That was a pretty good battle-"

"Sshhh!" hissed Orange, his eyes wide, staring at something behind Jimmy. Red looked, and saw a vaguely familiar rectangular thing floating a foot or so off the ground. It was covered in black, orange, and purple markings.

"Hey, is that-" began Red.

"It's an A," whispered Orange. "I missed my chance back at Rewept City, I'm not about to let this one get away!"

At that moment, however, the A turned to face Orange, and seemed to do a double take upon noticing him, giving a surprised squeak.

"Huh," remarked Violet. "Orange, I think that's the same A from that last time!"

"You think so?" asked Orange, surprised as A began to squeak in a frightened manner, slowly backing away.

And then, suddenly, a net fell over the A from above it. Orange looked up and gasped in outrage, for a pair of Team Error grunts were standing on an aluminum tree limb, looking very pleased with themselves. A, meanwhile, was squeaking in an agitated manner, struggling to free itself from the net.

"Heh heh, nice work, Larry!" laughed one of them. "A are really rare, the boss is gonna be very pleased with this!"

"Hey!" Orange exclaimed. "Team Error! What do you think you're doing?!"

"Hey, it's the twerps again!" said Larry as he and Jeff wheeled around to face them. Then, as one, the duo leapt off the tree branch and landed on the ground expertly, each on one side of the net.

"What we're doing, little boy, I think would be easy enough to understand," sneered Jeff. "We're catching ourselves a new Pokémon!"

"With a net?" scowled Orange. "I don't think so!"

"Hey, Poké Balls are expensive!" whined Larry. "And our salary is pitiful!"

"OK, less talking, more fighting," snapped Jeff as he threw a Poké Ball. "pPkMnp, go!"

"I choose you, 7g!" added Larry, throwing a ball of his own.

The Poké Balls burst open, revealing the horizontal rectangular form of pPkMnp, and the reddish cube that was 7g. Orange took out a Poké Ball of his own, but Jeff slapped Larry upside the head. "OK, wait, why are we battling them when we can just grab A and make a break for it? pPkMnp, use TM04!"

pPkMnp roared as it let loose a plume of purple dust from the top of its body, Everyone tensed up, but the clouds of purple dust didn't even make them cough, and were gone just as soon as they came.

"TM04, a Water-type move with no discernible effect," piped up Violet's Pokédex.

"Hey, they're gone!" exclaimed Orange. "And so is A!"

Indeed, neither Team Error grunt could be seen. A was also gone, along with the net it had been trapped in. pPkMnp and 7g were gone as well.

"We gotta try and find them," stated Violet.

"Yes, we gotta save A!" Orange nodded.

"Hey, maybe I can help," offered Jimmy, holding up a Poké Ball. "Do you have anything that's ever come in contact with that A?" he asked.

"No- wait!" exclaimed Orange as he threw the ball he had been holding. "Spearow, go!"

The Poké Ball burst open, unleashing Orange's Spearow in a flash of white light.

"When I first tried to catch A, it pushed this Spearow in front of the Poké Ball," explained Orange. "But why-"

"This is why," grinned Jimmy, tossing his own Poké Ball into the air. "Weedle, come on out!"

Orange stifled a scream and hastily backed up as Jimmy's Weedle materialized, landing expertly in his trainer's hand.

"Spearow," Jimmy called up, "Can you please come down here? I need Weedle to smell you."

Spearow simply glanced down at Jimmy, the look on its face implying that it thought he was crazy. After a moment, however, Spearow descended, though still regarded Jimmy warily. "OK, Weedle, get the A's scent and lead us to it!" Jimmy said.

"Weedle," replied Weedle as it placed its nose close to Spearow's left wing and sniffed deeply. Weedle then raised its head and sniffed at the air. And then it tensed up, and blasted a String Shot at a nearby tree limb, and swung by the string. Then it broke off that String Shot and fired another one at another tree limb, further away. Weedle continued this, swinging its way off into the distance. Jimmy raced after his Weedle, motioning for the trio to follow. After exchanging highly confused looks, that's just what they did, Spearow following them in the sky.

"What... was that... about?" panted Orange as they caught up with the Bug Catcher.

"Weedle have... an amazing... sense of smell," Jimmy replied as they ran. "Those noses... aren't just... for show, you know. And they... lose this... sense of smell... when they evolve."

"I've often... wondered why... some Bug Catchers... won't evolve... Weedle," remarked Orange.

Several minutes later, they had caught up to Jeff and Larry. The two were walking at a leisurely pace, each one holding one end of A's net. They had obviously called pPkMnp and 7g back to their Poké Balls.

"Stop, thieves!" Orange called out.

"Weedle, String Shot!" exclaimed Jimmy.

"Weeeeedle!" replied Weedle as it fired off several strands of silk from its horn. These strands stuck fast to the backs of the grunts' shirts, and though the strands snapped easily, they caused the grunts to stumble and drop A's net. Undaunted, Jeff and Larry wheeled around, each one now brandishing a Poké Ball.

"How did you catch up with us?" demanded Larry.

"Like we'll tell you," Violet replied coldly.

"Now let that A go!" added Orange.

"Not on your life!" snarled Jeff, throwing the Poké Ball. "pPkMnp, go!"

"You too, 7g!" added Larry.

Once again, the villains' Pokémon materialized, looking as ready for battle as Pokémon without faces could hope to look.

"Spearow, ready?" called Orange.

"Speeearow!" cawed Spearow as it descended, hovering directly in front of Orange.

Red then threw a Poké Ball. "Go, Charmeleon!" he exclaimed.

In a flash of light, Red's Charmeleon appeared. It stood in front of red, claws bared, ready and raring for battle.

"pPkMnp, use Sludge on Charmeleon!" ordered Jeff.

"7g, Double-Edge on Spearow!" called Larry.

"Charmeleon, Flamethrower!" exclaimed Red.

"Spearow, use Take Down!" commanded Orange.

pPkMnp launched a stream of sludge at Charmeleon, who met it with a stream of fire. The attacks collided, neither one letting the other advance any. Meanwhile, 7g and Spearow flew at each other and collided with great force.

"Now use Razor Wind!" Orange called.

"Speearrrow!" cawed Spearow as it flapped its wings rapidly, the wind slicing at 7g. Unknown to anyone other than A, the attack also grazed the net, slicing through a little bit of it.

"More power, Charmeleon!" Red urged.

"Chaaaar!" roared Charmeleon as its Flamethrower intensified, becoming hotter and wider. Slowly, pPkMnp's Sludge was getting pushed back.

"OK, Spearow, Peck it now!" Orange ordered.

"Roooooowwwww!" Spearow screeched as it streaked towards 7g and struck it with its small yet sharp beak, knocking the Slow Pokémon out of the air and onto the ground. At the same time, Charmeleon's Flamethrower won out completely, scorching pPkMnp. Without waiting for orders, Charmeleon then ran at pPkMnp and executed a Scratch attack. It was clear that pPkMnp's injuries had been severe, for not even its incredible Defense helped out; as Charmeleon unleashed Scratch, the Fortress Pokémon fell to the ground."

"Return!" Jeff and Larry exclaimed simultaneously as they withdrew their fallen Pokémon. Then, something unprecedented happened; they readied two other Poké Balls.

"Wait, what?!" Orange exclaimed. "I thought you couldn't afford Poké Balls!"

"We can, we just gotta save our salaries for months in order to get any," replied Jeff as he threw his ball. "Go, 'M!"

"Let's do it, Z4!" added Larry.

Larry's Poké Ball unleashed a Z4, an all-too-familiar sight to the trio (especially Orange, who whimpered slightly at the sight of it, yet stood his ground all the same). Jeff's however, unleashed something Red had only previously seen on his Pokédex's screen. From a side view, it was vaguely L-shaped, but facing them head on, it proved to have a rather narrow body On the part that protruded forward, it sported a pair of wide, square eyes, one on each side of its body, directly above a wide, grinning mouth. The whole thing stood roughly eight feet tall. Though he already knew what it was, Red held his Pokédex out.

"'M, the Shoreline Pokémon," droned his Pokédex. "'M thrive in coastal areas, though are not particularly adept swimmers. It flies through the air with style and grace, and hits with the force of a freight train."

"OK, Charmeleon, hit Z4 with Flamethrower!" ordered Red.

"'M, Water Gun!" exclaimed Jeff.

"Z4, Body Slam!" Larry called out.

"Spearow, use Take Down on 'M now!" commanded Orange.

Charmeleon launched a stream of flame at Z4, but 'M swooped in front of Z4 and launched from its mouth a blast of water, cutting through the Flamethrower like extremely fiery butter, and soaking Charmeleon, who roared its disapproval. Spearow rammed into 'M's side, however, disrupting the attack. As 'M recovered from the attack, Charmeleon continued its Flamethrower, knocking Z4 out.

"OK, 'M, Sky Attack now!" ordered Jeff.

"M M!" trilled 'M as it rose into the air, its entire body taking on a majestic golden glow.

Red and Orange tensed up, both knowing just how powerful a Sky Attack could be. And 'M's reputation for hitting with the force of a freight train did nothing to improve their spirits.

And then a rectangular blur slammed into 'M, disrupting the Sky Attack's charging. Orange's jaw dropped; A had broken free of its net, and had attacked 'M.

"A, you're free!" Orange exclaimed.

A squeaked excitedly and flew in circles over Orange's head. Orange couldn't understand what it was saying, but he got a vague feeling that it seemed grateful for his rescue efforts.

"'M, take them all out!" Jeff exclaimed. "Use Tri Attack!"

"M!" exclaimed 'M as a large, glowing triangle formed in front of it, then flew towards A.

"No! A, dodge it!" Orange exclaimed. A flew straight up into the air, and managed to evade the triangle completely. A then flew at 'M again, landing another light blow. Now it seemed to be going even faster than usual.

"TM40, a Normal-type move," said Orange's Pokédex. "A light, quick blow which increases the user's Speed."

"OK, A!" Orange exclaimed. "Give it a Razor Wind!"

A squeaked loudly as it rotated furiously in midair like a fan, sending a gust of cutting air right at 'M, causing it to screech in discomfort. Then, A began to glow and change shape!

"Is it evolving?" asked Red.

Orange shook his head. "A don't evolve," he replied. "It's using Transform!"

"Wait, Transform?" Red asked, taken by surprise by this news. "I thought only Ditto could learn Transform!"

"Nope. Ditto and A," Violet stated. A stopped glowing at that point, only now it looked identical to 'M.

"A, try a Mega Punch!" Orange called, after quickly consulting his Pokédex for a list of moves the Speed Demon Pokémon could now use. Despite now looking like 'M, A still squeaked like its old self as a thick arm tipped in a large fist seemed to grow out of the top of its body. A then flew at 'M and slammed the fist into the Shoreline Pokémon. 'M was thrown backwards, where it collided with Jeff and Larry, and they were all sent flying into the distance.

"Goodbye, and good riddance!" shouted Violet as A resumed its usual form.

"Wow," sighed Orange. "A, thank you so much!"

A squeaked happily in response as it flew circles around Orange, this time level with his head.

"Orange, I think A wants to go with you," Jimmy pointed out.

"A, is this true?" Orange asked, a look of mild surprise on his face. A nodded, but then put some distance between itself and Orange, and gave a loud squeak.

Orange grinned and nodded, understanding at once. "OK, I get it, you want a battle first," he said as he withdrew Spearow and took out another Poké Ball. "Let's do this, then! .4, go!"

In a flash of light, Orange's .4 appeared, gibbering excitedly and flying in tiny circles, unable to contain its limitless energy.

A made the first move, and launched a barrage of coins. .4 screeched as the metallic projectiles made contact with its diminutive body.

".4, use your TM28 attack!" ordered Orange.

"EEEEEEEEEE!" shrieked .4 as it zoomed in close to A and exploded, sending the Normal/Normal-type flying backwards.

"Good! Now use Wing Attack!" Orange ordered.

Instantly, a pair of wings seemed to appear out of nowhere on .4, one wing coming out of each side. The wings looked as though they were composed of small purple cubes, giving the wings a distinctly blocky appearance. .4 then zoomed forward and struck A with its wings, slamming the Speed Demon Pokémon to the ground.

Orange wasted no time, and launched a red-and-white sphere at the unmoving A. "Poké Ball, go!" he yelled.

The ball struck A, transformed it into a shapeless mass of transparent red energy, and sucked it inside. It then fell to the ground and began to wobble back and forth, a red light blinking on the ball's button the whole time. For a moment, there was total silence as everyone present watched the ball intently. Even .4 seemed to be holding perfectly still. And then, at long last, the ball stopped moving.

"YES!" Orange exploded, cheering loudly as he ran over and scooped up the Poké Ball containing his newest Pokémon. "I did it! A is mine!"

"Nice!" Jimmy exclaimed. "Hey, so what are you guys doing up here, anyway? Meant to ask you that a while ago, but this whole A business got me a little sidetracked."

"Can't say I blame you," shrugged Red.

"We came up this way to train," explained Violet. "We heard that Fansfor Gym's leader uses Psychic-types, and we figured we should toughen up our Pokémon before going there."

"Good thinking," Jimmy remarked as his Weedle crawled onto his shoulder. "I actually came up here to see if I could meet Meg."

"Who?" asked Red.

"...What did you say?" asked Jimmy. "You mean you don't know who Meg is? Meg Abytte, the extremely cute creator of the Pokémon PC Storage System? ...At-at least, that's what I hear," he added, blushing slightly.

"Riiiiight," Orange said with a smirk on his face as he winked knowingly at the Bug Catcher. This only served to increase the amount of red growing on his face.

"Yes, well, ahem, so, that's where I'm headed," Jimmy said.

"You know what? I think we'll come with you," Orange said. "She did, after all, invent the PC Storage System, it might be good for us to visit her."

"I thought we were supposed to be training today?" asked Violet, a rather irritated look on her face.

"We've been training all day," Orange said dismissively. "Anyway, it can't be that far, right, Jimmy?"

"Not that far, I don't think," Jimmy said as his blushing went away somewhat. "I think it's only a short walk from here."

"Great, then let's go!" Orange exclaimed. With that, the four trainers headed off in the direction indicated by Jimmy.
    ~~~~~~~~
    End of Chapter 14.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 18th September 2012 at 3:34 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

You mean no one commented on this yesterday???

I knew Orange would get A! I KNEW IT ALL ALONG! AHAHA...AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ahem...anyway, that's a creative take on Weedle. I always thought that was their mouth, though, and that their jaws are just kinda hidden on the bottom or something.
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Credit to Atari!
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

I knew Orange would get A! I KNEW IT ALL ALONG! AHAHA...AHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Yeah, that had been the plan from the start. I was actually initially considering letting Orange catch A the first time they met, but then I had the idea that was inserted into this chapter, and it kinda went where it went from there.

Ahem...anyway, that's a creative take on Weedle. I always thought that was their mouth, though, and that their jaws are just kinda hidden on the bottom or something.
    It's actually derived from Weedle's Pokedex entries from R/S/E (which, by the way, explicitly state that the big red thing is their nose). I've always wanted to make use of Weedle's sense of smell somehow, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.

I've had that elusive combination of free time and inspiration, by the way, and the next chapter is coming along amazingly. I've been working on it last night and this morning. If all goes well, I might be able to post it very soon.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    It's actually derived from Weedle's Pokedex entries from R/S/E (which, by the way, explicitly state that the big red thing is their nose). I've always wanted to make use of Weedle's sense of smell somehow, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.
    Curse R/S/E's lack of Weedles for me to have known this.
    Credit to Atari!

And when I say very soon, I mean very soon, apparently. Don't get too used to this new fast pace, though, remember, it is the weekend.

Chapter 15: A Meeting With Meg
    ~~~~~~~~

"I am not!"

"You are too!"

"I am not!"

"You are too!"

"I am not!"

"You are too!" exclaimed Orange. "Just admit it, Jimmy, you are in love with Meg."

"I'm not!" insisted Jimmy, who had been blushing the entire time. "The PC Storage System is an absolute necessity for any trainer, and I just wanted to meet the person responsible for it!"

"Uh huh," smirked Orange. "Yeah. That's the entire reason, right?"

"Orange?" said Violet.

"Yes?"

"Shut up."

Orange stopped pestering Jimmy, and for the remainder of the walk, contented himself with grumbling under his breath and shooting the occasional glare at Violet.

True to Jimmy's word, the walk was indeed short. They came upon a relatively small building that seemed to be built entirely out of old computer parts and an assortment of pine cones.

"I think this might be the place," remarked Orange.

"It's the only house up this way," shrugged Red. Jimmy walked up to a cluster of keyboards held together with duct tape which seemed to function as a door, and knocked on it.

"Come in," came a female voice from inside. Jimmy opened up the door and led the way inside.

The interior was somewhat cluttered. A number of notebooks were piled in various areas all over the room. In the back, a pair of large steel cylinders were constructed. A thin metal pipe ran between the two structures, connecting them, and each one had a door on the front. As if to complete the chaotic picture, a .4 was zipping all around the room. As soon as it noticed the group, however, it flew in front of them, still moving constantly. And then, nobody could have expected what happened next.

It spoke to them.

"Oh, hey there, I'm glad someone's here," the .4 seemed to say in the same female voice they had heard earlier. "I need some help."

"I think I need some professional help," muttered Orange. "It sounded like that .4 was talking to us."

"I am," the .4 insisted. "I'm not a Pokémon. I'm Meg Abytte. I was conducting an experiment in teleportation, and I got combined with my .4 by accident. Please, can't one of you help me?"

"Sure, I'll help," Jimmy said, stepping forward. "My name's Jimmy, what do I have to do?" he asked.

"OK, I'm going to enter the chamber on the right," explained the .4. "Once I do that, you go to my computer over there and activate the teleporter. That should do the trick, OK?"

"Got it," nodded Jimmy. The .4 floated over to the door of the steel chamber on the right side of the room, and pushed at it. It didn't budge.

"Um, Miss Abytte, should I-?" began Jimmy.

"No matter," the .4 replied. "I've always wanted to try this anyway. TM28!!!"

The .4 backed up and let off a minor explosion. It was just enough to force the door open. It then floated into the chamber and pushed the door closed again. Jimmy walked over to a wooden table in front of the left chamber. On the screen, there was a large red button labeled "Activate Teleportation System". Jimmy took the computer mouse and clicked the button. Immediately, a humming noise could be heard from the steel device in the back of the room, as something seemed to be transferred from right to left. Then, the door to the left chamber opened up, and a young woman walked out, sighing in relief. She looked to be about Violet's age, if not a year or two older, and had waist-length wavy brown hair.

"Oh, thank you so much," she said as she walked over to Jimmy, who seemed incapable of forming a coherent response; he was too busy staring at Meg, mouth slightly agape. "Your name is Jimmy, you said, right?"

"Uh... Wha... Oh! Oh, yeah, yes, my name's Jimmy. Jimmy Errorcode," Jimmy replied, seeming to snap out of it, though he was blushing once again. "It's... it's a pleasure to... to meet you, Miss Abytte. Oh, yes, these are my friends, uh... um..."

"I'm Violet Scramble," Violet said, rolling her eyes at Jimmy. "This is Orange McPixel and this is Red Vershunn.

"Uh... hi..." murmured Orange. Violet turned to look at Orange, to discover that he was also staring at Meg, mouth slightly agape. Irritated by this, Violet snapped her fingers in Orange's face. When this failed to yield results, she instead opted to stomp on his foot. That snapped him out of it.

As Orange hopped around, clutching his afflicted foot and holding back what was sure to be a whole host of expletives, Red shook Meg's hand. "Nice to meet you," he said.

"Nice to meet all of you," smiled Meg. "So, I'm guessing you're all Trainers?"

"We are," replied Violet. "I'm afraid I haven't used your storage system yet, though. I only have four Pokémon."

"Nor have I," confessed Red. "Only three Pokémon."

Orange said nothing, clearly not trusting himself to not start cursing over his injured foot, but shook his head and shrugged, as if to say that he hasn't used the PC Storage System either.

"I haven't either," admitted Jimmy. "I only have three. This Weedle on my shoulder, plus a Venonat and a Scyther."

"Oh, a Venonat!" Meg exclaimed, her eyes lighting up. "Those are so cute, may I see it?"

"Sure!" Jimmy said as he took out a Poké Ball and tossed it straight up. The ball split open, unleashing Jimmy's Venonat into the room. Meg let out a little squeal of delight, and scooped the Venonat into her arms and hugged it.

"Oh, Venonat are so cuuute," she sighed.

"Veno veno nat," said Venonat, seeming to enjoy the attention.

"Wow," remarked Jimmy. "It's... it's not often I meet a girl who appreciates Bug Pokémon. Most of the ones I've met are creeped out by Bug-types. And not just girls, either, Orange here is downright afraid of them."

"OH, SHUT UP!" roared Orange.

"Oh, I love Bug-types," Meg said as she turned her attention to the Weedle on Jimmy's shoulder and started to stroke its back with her index finger. Immediately, the Weedle gave a contented sigh and relaxed. "Venonat's my favorite, but I love them all."

"You... you like... all... Bug-types..." Jimmy murmured, as if not daring to believe this.

"Oh, yes," Meg said, addressing her guests. "I want to thank you all for helping me out."

"Oh, well, it was really just Jimmy," Violet replied modestly.

"Vi, shut up, we might be getting free stuff," hissed Orange, earning himself a reproving glare from Violet.

"No, don't worry about it," smiled Meg as she produced three strips of cardboard from the pocket of her shorts. "I had won three tickets for the S.S. Nean cruise ship, but I get seasick really easily. The only thing is, I only have the three tickets, and there are four of you..."

"Actually, you can give them to Red, Orange and Violet," said Jimmy. "I, um... Miss Abytte..."

"Please, call me Meg," said Meg.

"...Meg... I was wondering if maybe... I could stay here for a while? Help you with anything you might need help with? I mean, I'm not very knowledgeable about computers, but I'd be... willing to learn..."

"You know, I've been meaning to take on an assistant," said Meg thoughtfully. "And, well, you are really nice, so sure, I'd have no problem with you staying here." She then handed the tickets to Orange, Violet, and Red.

"Thanks," said Red. "Just one question- where does the S.S. Nean dock, anyway?"

"She makes port in Miliovern once a year," replied Meg. "She stays in port for about a week before setting sail again, and during that week, the crew hosts a party for Pokémon Trainers."

"A party?" Orange repeated, his interest piqued. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get going!" He grabbed Violet and Red's arms and practically dragged them out the door, giving them barely two seconds to hastily say good-bye to Meg and Jimmy.

Once they were out the door, Violet wrenched her arm free of Orange's grip. "OK, what the hell was that?" she demanded.

"What? What was what?" asked Orange defensively.

"You know perfectly well what was what," said Violet. "You were staring at her stupidly, mouth agape and everything."

"I was not," scoffed Orange.

"Yes you were."

"No I wasn't."

"Yes you were."

"No I wasn't!"

"Yes you were"

"Was not!"

"Were too!"

"Was not!"

"Were too!"

"Was not!'

"Were not!"

"Was too!"

"Were not!"

"Was too!"

"Were not!"

"Yes, I was!" Orange exclaimed defiantly. "I was staring at Meg like a horny, drooling idiot, and don't you dare tell me otherwise!"

"OK," smirked Violet as she calmly proceeded to walk down a narrow path labeled as a shortcut back to Ruceelna City. Orange and Red followed, the former somewhat confused as to what exactly happened. Then a look of dawning comprehension came over his face.

"Hey, wait a minute!" he exclaimed.

"Sorry, Orange, you already admitted to it," chuckled Violet.

"You tricked me into saying that!"

"Oh, did I?" asked Violet. "I was under the impression I just tricked you into saying you were staring at Meg. From where I stand, that part about being a 'horny, drooling idiot' was all you."

"RRRRRGH!" replied Orange through gritted teeth, which only made Violet laugh in a self-satisfied way. Even Red chuckled a little bit, which fortunately went unnoticed by Orange.

About fifteen minutes and one jump off of an eight-foot ledge later, the trio arrived back in Ruceelna City.

"It's getting late," Violet remarked. Indeed, it was starting to get dark. "I think we should go to the Pokémon Center for dinner, and then turn in for the night."

"I'm all for that," Orange nodded. "Only, I'd like us to go to the Pokémart first, cash in that Nugget we won. Red, you still got it?"

"Right here," Red responded as he pulled the solid gold sphere out of his backpack.

"Oh, come on, Red," sighed Violet. "That can wait until tomorrow."

"Oh, Tauros crap," snapped Orange. "We got plenty of time!"

Red looked back and forth between Violet and Orange, both of whom seemed to be awaiting his decision. Red gulped. He didn't like being put in this position.

"Well..." he began. "I mean... Uh... I mean, does it really matter, either way? Orange, I mean, what would be so bad about waiting until morning?"

"Hmph. Nothing, I guess," Orange grunted, though he looked distinctly disgruntled at Red's decision. "Sure, take her side," he added in an undertone as they headed towards the Pokémon Center.

"I don't want to take sides!" Red whispered indignantly. "No matter what I decided, I'd have gotten one of you pissed at me, and I don't want to do that! You're both my friends, I don't want to have to take sides against either one of you!"

"So why'd you take her side?" demanded Orange.

"I only intended it as an example," replied Red. "Violet's the one who ran with it."

Orange said nothing, though this answer seemed to satisfy him.

Once they reached the Pokémon Center, they entered the cafeteria and ordered dinner. Violet had an even number salad, triggering Orange's usual remarks about her being an evenetarian; Red had a seven burger with eight sauce; Orange had a plate of fried nines, much to Violet's exasperation.

"Fried nines again, Orange?" groaned Violet. "One of these days you're gonna wake up, and you'll have turned into a nine."

"Oh, quit nagging," said Orange. "Nothing wrong with having my favorite food."

"Orange, I swear, if we were married, I would put poison in your coffee." Violet sighed.

"Violet, I swear, if we were married, I'd drink it," Orange retorted.

The meal was pretty quiet after that. Once the center's Chansey had scanned their Pokédexes for identification purposes, the trio asked the nurse for a room, and were able to get the same room they had the previous night. Before going to sleep, Red made sure to take the earplugs Violet had given him and put them in his ears. Sure enough, even though Orange fell asleep first, even though the cacophony his mouth was producing was not unlike that of heavy machinery, Red had no problem getting to sleep, hearing only total silence.
    ~~~~~~~~
    The next morning, Red found himself being awoken, not by Orange's snores as he was starting to get used to, but by Orange yanking the sheets off of him.

"C'mon, Red, get up!" he exclaimed once Red groggily removed his earplugs. "Breakfast! Come on!"

Red got out of his bed and sluggishly got dressed. By the time the trio went for breakfast, he was much more awake and alert, and the fried nines and four juice he had for breakfast helped even more. Once they left the Pokémon Center, Orange spoke up.

"OK, after we hit the Pokémart, where to?" he asked.

"Well, we got in a good amount of training," Violet said. "Maybe we should head for Fansfor City now."

"But wait, what about the S.S. Nean?" asked Red. "Doesn't she set sail at the end of the week? If we're gonna make it to the party, shouldn't that be our first priority?"

"I'd have thought you'd want to get through the region quickly," Violet remarked. "Get to Bincanar Island faster and all that."

Red shrugged. "I do want some answers, but I'm starting to like Tanko. I wouldn't mind making a couple of detours."

"I'm all for that!" declared Orange. "Besides, a ship full of Pokémon Trainers can only mean one thing- battles! No such thing as too much training, am I right?"

"You got a point," conceded Violet. "OK, let's head for Miliovern City first."

"Second," Orange said suddenly. "First, the Pokémart."

"Fine," sighed Violet. With that, Orange led the way down a number of streets until they reached a building constructed entirely out of orange traffic cones, sheet metal, and glue sticks. A wooden sign was attached to the wall, with "Pokémart" painted on it in large red letters.

"I think we've arrived," said Orange.

"Yeah, you think?" said Violet sarcastically as she led the way in through a door made of sheet metal and duct tape.

The inside of the Pokémart was small and cluttered. Entire shelves of Poké Balls and Potions made navigation somewhat difficult. In one corner, a balding man was leaning on a wooden counter.

"Welcome to the Ruceelna City Pokémart," he said in a bored voice that implied he had said this many times before. "Are you buying or selling?"

"Selling," replied Red as he took the Nugget out of his backpack. The man took the golden sphere and eyed it from multiple angles, as if uncertain as to its authenticity. Finally, he took an odd scanning device from behind the counter and pointed i t at the Nugget. It hummed for a second, then made a dinging noise. Seemingly satisfied with this, the man paid Red 6,000 Pokédollars for the Nugget.

"Wow, 6,000!" Red whispered as they exited the Pokémart. They didn't have any of that 6,000 on them anymore- the three had unanimously decided to use the profits to replenish their dwindling Poké Ball supplies. "I don't think Nuggets sell for that much back in Kanto."

"Hey, it bought us more Poké Balls," shrugged Orange. "Can't complain about that. I had no idea I was down to just one! What would I have done if that one had failed? I mean, when a Poké Ball fails to catch a Pokémon-"

"We know, Orange, it explodes," sighed Violet.

"So, which way to Miliovern City?" asked Red.

"Should be south of here," Orange replied. "We'll have to pass through Fansfor to get there, though."

"And we can't just swing by the Gym and challenge the leader while we're passing through because...?" asked Red.

"...Huh," Orange muttered. "I guess we can."

Violet facepalmed.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Half an hour of walking later, the trio had left Ruceelna City, and very quickly found themselves facing a large mass of skyscrapers that seemed to be made up of rocks, pieces of fencing, and tree limbs, complete with leaves. Barring their way into the city was a tall fence made of sheet metal, fives, and nines, and a large building made of wooden planks and soda cans. An open doorway faced the group, and through it they could see that the building would lead them directly into Fansfor City. Orange led the way inside-

"Oh, no, no, no, you do not," came a voice. As one, the trio turned to their left, where they saw a rather pudgy security guard sitting behind a counter. "Sorry, road's closed."

"Why?" asked Orange.

"Because I'm hungry," the guard answered.

"So wait," Red frowned. "You're not letting us into Fansfor City because you're hungry?"

"That about sums it up, yeah," the guard replied.

"Come on!" whined Orange. "We gotta get through Fansfor City to get to Miliovern!"

"Take the bridge," suggested the security guard. "There's a bridge that takes you straight across Fansfor."

Orange stormed out of the gatehouse, grumbling audibly and saying rather unkind things about the security guard's mother. Reluctantly, Violet and Red followed.

Outside the gatehouse, Red now noticed a wooden staircase to his left, which seemed to lead to a metal walkway. Violet led the way up the stairs, but once they got to the top, and were faced with the prospect of crossing the relatively narrow bridge many feet above a large, bustling city, Violet hesitated. The bridge had handrails made out of plastic water bottles, so the risk of falling was minimal.

"Violet, what's wrong?" asked Red.

"N-nothing," Violet said. "It's just... a little high up, isn't it?"

"Just close your eyes," Red suggested. "You're not gonna fall, you know we wouldn't let that happen."

"Yeah.... Yeah..." Violet replied. She gulped, then squeezed her eyes shut and began to make her way slowly across the bridge. Orange was not pleased with this slow pace, and made a point of miming the action of checking a nonexistent watch every couple of seconds. Red ignored him, and since Violet kept her eyes shut, she had to ignore him as well.

Ten minutes later, they had crossed the bridge. Violet raced down the staircase, breathing heavily, and once they were all back on the ground, she held onto Red for support.

"I'm guessing you don't like heights too much, Violet?" asked Red.

"N-not really," sighed Violet.

"And you mock me for my fear of bugs," Orange smirked.

"Hey, a fear of heights is a legitimate thing!" snapped Violet. "You're scared of stuff like Caterpie and Metapod and Paras!"

"And Beedrill, and Scyther, and Z4," Orange shot back defensively.

"Oh, please, you're scared of any Bug-type and you know it," said Violet.

"Not any Bug-type!" said Orange. "You don't see me cowering in fear of your Butterfree, do you? Those are OK!"

Violet said nothing more at this. Once she stopped holding onto Red, they continued walking. A swarm of .4 flew overhead, and several Pidgey could be seen pecking at a small patch of grass. Then, they all stopped short, for a large Pokémon was crossing the concrete/water/seven-paved road, and was taking its sweet time doing so. It walked on a pair of skinny legs tipped with bird feet. Its torso was spherical and covered in brown feathers. From the top it sported not one, but two long, black necks, each one tipped with a brown, spherical head. Each head sported a pair of beady, black eyes, and a large, yellow beak.

"Wow, a Doduo!" Red exclaimed, holding out his Pokédex.

"Doduo, the Twin Bird Pokémon," said Red's Pokédex. "Doduo is more skilled at running than flying. It runs at speeds up to 60 miles per hour and leaves giant footprints."

"Pretty cool," remarked Orange. He considered going for a Poké Ball, but Red had beaten him to it.

"Go, Paras!" Red called as he launched a red-and-white sphere, unleashing the Bug/Grass-type. This caught the Doduo's attention, and made both heads turn to face it.

Doduo made the first move, Both heads lowered, and the whole thing charged forward.

"Paras, Stun Spore!" Red ordered.

"Paaaaraaaas!" exclaimed Paras as it unleashed a yellow dust from its mushrooms. Doduo dashed right into the yellow cloud and immediately toppled to the ground, the Stun Spore having successfully stopped the Skull Bash.

"OK, Paras, now use Scratch!" commanded Red.

"Paras par!" Paras replied as it scuttled towards Doduo and took a great swipe at its spherical torso, causing both heads to squawk in pain. Then the heads turned to face Paras and both began to peck at it mercilessly.

"That's Doduo's Fury Attack," stated Violet.

"Paras!" called Red, just as his Pokémon started to glow. Orange slowly backed up and hid behind Violet as the glow faded, revealing Paras to have evolved. What now stood in Paras's place sported one giant mushroom covering its entire back. It was slightly bigger than Paras had been, but other than that and the mushroom, it was relatively unchanged.

"Parasect, the Mushroom Pokémon, and the evolved form of Paras," droned Red's Pokédex. "Parasect spreads a variety of spores from the mushroom on its back. It prefers damp spaces."

"Cool," grinned Red. Then he noticed something as the Pokédex displayed the list of Parasect's attacks. "Hey, guys, what is it with Pokémon learning new moves just after evolving, anyway? It always seems to happen."

Orange and Violet shrugged. "No idea," said Violet. "So Parasect learned something new?"

"Looks like it," grinned Red. "Use Spore!"

"Sect!" hissed Parasect as it unleashed a plume of blue dust from beneath its giant mushroom. Immediately, Doduo slumped to the ground, both heads asleep. Red took the cue at once, and produced an empty Poké Ball from his backpack.

"Poké Ball, go!" Red shouted as he hurled the sphere. Parasect scuttled out of the way as the ball made contact with Doduo, turned it into red energy, and sucked it in. The ball fell to the ground and wobbled back and forth for several tense seconds, before falling still.

"Nice," grinned Orange as Red scooped up the ball.

"Yeah!" Red exclaimed. "I did it, Doduo is mine!"

"Para Parasect!" added Parasect before Red called it back into its Poké Ball.
    ~~~~~~~~
    End of Chapter 15.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 9th September 2012 at 5:34 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master
    "Wow, 6,000!" Red whispered as they exited the Po Bkémart. They didn't have any of that 6,000 on them anymore- the three had unanimously decided to use the profits to replenish their dwindling Poké Ball supplies. "I don't think Nuggets sell for that much back in Kanto."
    I think thats meant to be Pokemart.

Anyway, a good two chapters, I think I like A. I got confused for a bit when Team Error caught A.
    Thay caught A in a net and i was thinking, wait, caught what? Oh yeah...

Anyway, good chapters!

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

...Well.
    ...That escalated quickl--*shot*

Why would Orange be afraid of Caterpie, and not of Butterfree? Butterfree have psychic powers and could just as easily tear your head off as look at you. Not to mention they have enough power in their wings to whip up a whirlwind.

I know it worked out just fine, but why would Red send in a Paras against a Flying type? One that, if I'm not mistaken, starts with Peck?

One last thing. I think it makes more sense for the gatekeepers to have blocked the road because of Team Rocket/Error/Debug/whoever. This is nerfed, however, when they let you through just for giving them a drink.
    Credit to Atari!

Great work as always,
    why doduo?
    They say if you press cntrl and W you get to see the programming of a website after making a signature with 3 ws and 8qs
    Fanfics I like that are still in production: Author's Run, Pokémon emerald the better version

This the aquabats song awesome forces:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx4sL0w3SHM
    and here is their song shark fighter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wchrctxFo

I NEED A BETA READER!
    Check out my fic.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...2#post14945242

Quote Originally Posted by legolover8 View Post
    I think thats meant to be Pokemart.
    Yep, fixed. I don't even want to know how I ended up with that one. Thanks.

Anyway, a good two chapters, I think I like A. I got confused for a bit when Team Error caught A.
    Thay caught A in a net and i was thinking, wait, caught what? Oh yeah...
    LOL, yeah, that might start getting confusing.

Anyway, good chapters!
    Thanks!

Why would Orange be afraid of Caterpie, and not of Butterfree? Butterfree have psychic powers and could just as easily tear your head off as look at you. Not to mention they have enough power in their wings to whip up a whirlwind.
    Butterfree is, for reasons that may or may not be touched upon later, the sole exception to Orange's fear of bugs.

I know it worked out just fine, but why would Red send in a Paras against a Flying type? One that, if I'm not mistaken, starts with Peck?
    Because of Stun Spore. Doduo are fast and he knows it. He wanted to rob it of that advantage from the start.

One last thing. I think it makes more sense for the gatekeepers to have blocked the road because of Team Rocket/Error/Debug/whoever. This is nerfed, however, when they let you through just for giving them a drink.
    I like to portray the Saffron/Fansfor gatekeepers as the lazy *******es they come across as. And in Tanko, they're not thirsty, they're hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotomknight View Post
    Great work as always,
    why doduo?
    Thanks!

As for why Doduo, everyone is going to have a Pokemon with Fly in the end. Even Violet, which will allow for a little development as far as her fear of heights. Orange already has Spearow, and Pidgey is, in my opinion, a little too common for trainers. Plus, I have an idea as to how to portray the Doduo line using Fly. Violet's Fly user will be a Glitch Pokemon, BTW.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Awesome so far . gonna get an A no matter what you saaaatty"6!8"7?'5!8))777?7)7799;+'--;…/-

ERROR
    USER TERMINATED
    INITIATING BACKUP
    409 ERROR
    BACKUP FALIURE
    SELF-DESTRUCT ACTIVATE
    *boom*
    Formerly Grav.
    Quite inactive, but still available. If you have a fanfic that no one wants to review, PM/VM me and I'll give you a hand.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast