Thread: Duel Masters Returns: Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast Announces Release of Kaijudo!

Exclamation Duel Masters Returns: Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast Announces Release of Kaijudo!

For those of you who played Duel Masters in the past all of your hopes and dreams of the game returning have come true!

Wizards of the Coast's press release on February 10th confirms that indeed, Duel Masters will return in the United States (and other western Counties) this year in the form of Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters!

Over the past month, WotC has released information weekly about the card game. It is safe to assume that past Duel Masters players, along with the plethora of new young and old players alike the game is sure to attract, will experience a TCG of Japan's highest caliber.

For those of you that don't know, Duel Masters arrived in the USA apprixmately 7+ years ago. It was a game that was largely based off of Magic: The Gathering(as the earliest forms of DM anime suggest, along with shared mana concepts) however less complex. Although Duel Masters offered fair, spectacular, edge-of-your-seat game play, Wizards cut the support off from the game and removed official sanctioned tournaments from hobby shops everywhere, despite its fairly large fan base.

In the meantime, while Duel Masters was discontinued in the Northern America area, game play resumed in Japan. Duel Masters is now one of the most popular TCGs in Japan due to it's potential to be a highly strategic, and most often spur of the moment game play.

Kaijudo adopts the best of both worlds. This year (probably late June) Wizards releases a card game that will combine the highly successful aspects of the Japanese meta with the game play Duel Masters has experienced in the Western Hemisphere. Backed by Hasbro, WotC will also be releasing a TV show called Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters on the HUB network. Fans can also look forward to digital games as well.

As a previous Duel Master player (with a background of competetive Duel Masters tournament play: 15th @ 2005 Duel Masters North American Continental Championships) here in the United States, I beg all of you to offer support to the game. DM was one of the most exhilarating games I have ever played and was highly balanced. Not only must you create a great deck, but you must also be cunning, inquisitive, and able to perform well during spontaneous situations. No matter how well you built your deck, the only sure-fire way to win game after game was through smart playing. Anything could happen at any moment and switch the momentum of the game, and therefore players must be able to read between the lines and above all adapt.

I would love to see sanctioned tournaments continue for this game like YGO and MTG have done in the past.

For any other information pertaining to the games, check out the links below! The Youtube link contains actual game play from the Duel Masters TCG!

http://www.kaijudo.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/kaijudodojo
    http://www.pojo.com/duelmasters/News/2006/2-10-12.shtml
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EarthP0w3R
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=duelmasters,,en
    Last edited by Krick88; 8th March 2012 at 5:56 AM.
    CHECK OUT MY THREAD ON KAIJUDO: RISE OF THE DUEL MASTERS
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...2#post14269962

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...6#post14046066
    ^^^Please check out my 4th Gen Competitive team and help me perfect it!

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by Krick88 View Post
    Wizards of the Coast's press release on February 10th confirms that indeed, Duel Masters will return in the United States (and other western Counties) this year in the form of Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters!
    Yep, my friend told me about this a couple weeks ago. The one thing that I'm curious about is if Japanese versions of them will be usable in tournaments when/if an English version of the same card is released. WotC tends to let you use foregn cards so it makes me wonder.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

i am actually looking forward to this. duel masters is basically watered down mtg, but nonetheless it is quite fun. i'll probably try to collect it at very least.

Good to see it returns, I actually like the cards. It's the only other TCG I actually like besides YGO.

The part I'm interested the most is how they will handle the God race. I love God Link
    As far as I know, so far none of the Gods has been released in english version because DM was discontinued before the God race is introduced.
    But now that DM is continued again, it's a good time to finally release the Gods. Along with all those super powerful new cards that makes Bolshack Dragon looks like a children's toy, as almost all of them haven't got their english release.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Krick88 View Post
    Backed by Hasbro, WotC will also be releasing a TV show called Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters on the HUB network. Fans can also look forward to digital games as well.
    I'm loving Hub more and more, and this is just helping. I loved Duel Masters as a kid, both the show and the card game (Although I've always been better at Yu-Gi-Oh). I've also never been a true fan of the Yu-Gi-Oh video games (Partially because it is so annoying to get Shadow Ghoul), but the Duel Masters games were great favorites of mine. I'm getting pumped about this!

What I have to offer is mainly only speculation but here it goes nonetheless.

As to the use of Japanese cards:

I'd be inclined to say no. Kaijudo is going to be a WESTERNIZED game, meaning control is going to be dictated by North America. I'd doubt to to see foreign cards being used. Additionally, the name of this game isn't actually Duel Masters, so I'd be inclined to say the the use of old cards wouldn't be permitted either. However, I have offered much speculation on the Pojo forums. It's safe to say a lot of the community is expecting some of the cards to be reprinted for play in this new game.

With respect to the GOD cards:

Not quite sure what you mean. I was never too into the Japanese meta. My extent of knowledge there is that they're 30+ sets ahead of what we had in the United States before it was discontinued. Here's what I can tell you though. This game is based off of the success of Duel Masters which is stated in the press release above. Therefore we know it's going to combine what worked here in the United States before the game died, as well as combine some of the best aspects of Japanese gameplay (because it's so successful over there).
    CHECK OUT MY THREAD ON KAIJUDO: RISE OF THE DUEL MASTERS
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...2#post14269962

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...6#post14046066
    ^^^Please check out my 4th Gen Competitive team and help me perfect it!

Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro announced the launch of a new franchise entitled Kaijudo, Rise of the Duel Masters. Based on the existing Duel Masters brand, Kaijudo will feature an on-line game, trading card game, and a television series to air in the U.S. on the Hub TV network. A kaijudo duel in the animate is a duel where the creatures actually materialize around the players during the duel when they are played. Please produce some more attachments about the topic to view detail information.

So happy had some many cards when I was younger didnt know how to play the game. But now I play Magic all the time so this should be easy to learn.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

Oh baby, I come back to the forums and see this? That's just jawsome to say the very least.