Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epidemic Bloodwraith (PG-13)

Default Epidemic Bloodwraith sign-up (PG-13)

Epidemic Bloodwraith

Before you read anything else, understand that this RPG is ultimately a tragedy. Really bad things are going to be happening, including death. There will be ways to seek justice, but saving everyone is not an option.

Story

The sun was setting over Hearthome City, which was teeming with activity. People were on ladders or lift cranes to put decorations in place; booths were getting set up along the main streets. In Amity Square, park workers were busy, making sure that no trash remained and planting a few last minute flowers. Every business and group in town was preparing for a busy day tomorrow. This year, Hearthome had been chosen to host the annual Spring Flower Festival, a highly popular regional event that celebrates the height of spring as well as showcases the works of master gardeners and flower cultivators. It is a five day event that is sure to have the city packed.

This year, though, there is some anxiety and concern as to the event’s security. The events of last fall had seen an attempt by Team Galactic to capture and control powerful legendary Pokémon to remake the world, inciting retaliation from one of the legends; the effects of this struggle had been seen throughout the region, although the public is still uncertain or unaware of everything that happened. While Galactic was officially broken up with the loss of their leader, evidence has come up that a small part of the team remains in Sinnoh.

And with the vast amount of attention the event brings, the Spring Flower Festival would be a prime time for them to emerge. Some of the people in Hearthome this evening are here to prevent that, making their own preparations to intercept an attack while creating as little fuss as possible. One group has been called on by the Pokémon League of Sinnoh, in order to make sure that Pokémon and their Trainers are safe. This group will gather tonight to review potential dangers and make sure security measures are consistent and complete.

However, the horror that would come out of this event was already there.

There was an apartment in the city where it hid. The computer screen was bright in the fading dusk, but he hadn’t bothered to turn the lights on. Nearby, there was a plate that had held his lunch; he’d been too absorbed in completion to get supper or to pay attention to the festival preparations outside. His fingers had been tapping at the keyboard all day, but it was much slower now that he was reviewing the data. Lines of commands scrolled up the screen; for the moment, it was impersonal and neutral.

“Pokémon are stored as electronic data,” the man said. The only one around to hear was his Pokémon, who lifted its head to listen. “Converted to it upon capture. Genetic data cannot easily be altered, although people have done it on a limited scale. Electronic data can be altered. The companies do have strong security programs. But,” he smiled, a crazed thing by the glow of the computer screen, “there’s always a way.

“The possibilities are great. And that makes it an excellent weapon against you… you who are so lazy and yet so proud. You don’t care about anything but how you appear to everyone else. You don’t care who you trample in your path to glory. So this will reveal how ugly you truly are! I will strip your Pokémon of all their power; I will turn that little shiny into a normal ordinary Pokémon. And then when you abandon them, people will see just how shallow you are. This will be my justice.”

His checks were all done. The program looked fine. For a moment, he barely touched the Enter key, savoring the moment. His target was already chosen and it would take only seconds to transfer. The power of being able to wreck such damage was intoxicating. At his elbow, his Pokémon bumped his arm for attention, so he patted it before activating the program.

“Do your worst, Wraith.”

And thus a great evil was let loose on the world. Wraith was based on the Pokerus virus, to spread from Pokémon to Pokémon and alter their very being. However, Wraith soon turned much more malicious than even its creator intended. This virus replicated rapidly, leaving death in its wake. It triggered mutations in Pokémon, but those mutations were unguided and crippling. In the early days, it seemed like a never-ending horror as so many Pokemon fell victim and died. No one was left unaffected and the name Wraith seemed too tame to describe this tragedy.

This is the story of the Bloodwraith epidemic.

Behaviors of the Virus

This RPG will be playing out the events of the epidemic, and thus how the Bloodwraith virus works needs to be explained. However, this is strictly out-of-character knowledge. It will take time in-game to figure this out. Anyhow who abuses this data to get out of danger of infection will be warned, even kicked out of the game. I trust most of you around here won’t take advantage of this too much.

Bloodwraith is partly based on Pokerus, but it only infects captured Pokémon. Wild Pokémon are perfectly safe, as are any individuals who aren’t converted by a Pokeball. As mentioned in the intro, a Pokeball converts Pokémon into electronic data (that’s how transporters and computer storage work too). This virus is computer based. Bloodwraith can be carried by computers, Storage Box programs, and cellphones or similar devices. However, it will not affect such things much.

When an infected Pokémon is brought out and put in contact with an uninfected Pokémon, there is a high chance it will pass on the virus to the other. This contact can be in battle, outside of battle, and even from a short distance. This is possible due to a constant passing of data from a Pokémon to its Pokeball and back. Normally, the Pokémon do not notice this. Bloodwraith can jump to another Pokémon when this data pass occurs. It is more likely to infect the other if the infected Pokeball is nearby. An infection can also pass as Pokerus does, by an infected Pokeball being near a non-infected one for a period of time. Putting a Pokémon in storage does not freeze the virus like with Pokerus. Instead, it will spread to other Pokémon in the box.

Once the Pokemon is infected, the virus takes some time to inflict its deadly effects. The first few hours will have no apparent change. In its second stage, the Pokémon’s immune system will be actively fighting the virus. The Pokémon will be easily tired, weakened, achy, or feverish. In the third stage, Bloodwraith has overtaken the immune system and is free to inflict its mutations. Some Pokémon will be struck down immediately with symptoms, while others may appear to be recovering until some trigger occurs. Death occurs most often in the third stage. In the final stage, any changes become permanent and if the Pokémon can recover from that, it will be immune to further Bloodwraith infection.

The effects of Bloodwraith vary depending on the Pokémon’s kind, ability, and type. If you have a mono-type team, chances are high that they will all have similar symptoms. I will reveal this information in a spoiler, in case you wish to use method acting in this game.

Spoiler:- Specifics:

Game Method

The game will start on the night before the Spring Flower Festival, right as Bloodwraith is released. Players will be a participant in the festival or a member of the League security group (you could simply be a visitor, but then you'd have to find something to do). Absolutely nothing is known about the virus at this point. However, it does place the word ‘Wraith’ in a Pokeball’s status screen, or on any device that can read such data. It will be in the place usually noting status effects like ‘Poisoned’, ‘Frozen’, and ‘Ill’, so most Trainers will recognize that something isn’t right. There are many Pokémon out helping people, so the virus is going to move rapidly right from the start.

At the end of my posts, there will be a Data Log which has information for every player that has posted. It will go ‘username’ then a brief set of instructions such as:

‘Pokémon’ infected- Means this Pokémon has caught Bloodwraith.

‘Pokémon’ death (on calling from ball, lung failure)- This Pokémon will die the next time it is call out from a Pokeball, plus the reason.

‘Pokémon’ death (soon, internal burns)- This Pokémon will die in a short time, in the next two or three posts. If the time says ‘instant’, then it is dead in the next post.

‘Pokémon’ has high fever- as it says.

‘Pokémon’ loses use of front legs (nerve damage)- as it says, and reason why.

Time Skip (two hours)- This means I have no more instructions for you until your character has passed two hours. You do not have to time skip immediately, so you have time to finish up a scene or conversation, but your portion of the infection plot will not progress at that time. You can also pass over more time if you wish.

This is just a few examples. They may be non-virus related ones too. If you don’t understand any part of a Data Log that applies to you, send me a VM or PM and I’ll explain further. If you would prefer to chose how the infection runs in your character’s Pokémon, please PM me a plan and we’ll discuss it from there.

On Team Size

I’ve given quite some thought to how many Pokémon each character may have. Part of the trouble is that nearly any character is open, even Gym Leaders. And in my head-canon, Gym Leaders tend to have well more than six Pokémon in order to make sure their battle is appropriate to the challenger’s rank (in terms of how many badges they have earned). But extremely large teams will prove cumbersome, I believe. So I’ll set down what I have in mind.

According to Pokémon League rules, a battle team consists of one to six Pokémon. A Trainer may own more than six Pokémon, but the extras cannot participate in battle and are to be kept elsewhere (such as a computer Storage Box or with a trusted caretaker). So players are allowed to have a number of Pokémon, but only a maximum of six as active participants. Any Pokemon beyond who is listed as active cannot be used in the game other than as a reference or cameo.

However! I feel that the best impact for this kind of game would be if players have a team of two or three Pokémon. This way, the events can be focused on those few, and the relationship between them and their Trainer. So that is my recommendation: have two or three Pokémon.

Any Pokémon that a Trainer owns that is not an active participant in the game, whether being in a Storage Box or away with someone else, is most likely going to die. In fact, several of the Pokémon in this game are going to die before this five day festival even ends. Most players have the option to designate one survivor in their SU form, the exceptions being those who sign up with only one active Pokémon. I will see to it that Bloodwraith doesn’t kill the designated Pokémon. But they will get infected and have life-long troubles as a result.

Rules

1. Respect the GM and other players.

2. Your character can be OC or canon, provided they have a good reason to be in Hearthome.

3. Exception to rule 2: No named canon villains.

4. Don’t be excessively gory, although some is allowed in dealing with the illness.

5. No limit on number of players, so no reservations are needed. Though I would appreciate a show of interest and prompt form completion.

6. There are NO directly positive effects to Bloodwraith’s mutations.

7. I will determine the effects of Bloodwraith, although I am open to reasonable suggestions.

8. The game will probably end at the end of the festival, but this is open to discussion when the time comes.

Character Sheets

Trainer

Name:
    Description:

Personality:

History: (I don’t require something elaborate here, just so long as I can see why they’re in Hearthome for the festival. If they’re a part of the security group gathered by the League, I’d like to see some background that proves them able to fulfill that role)

Pokémon

Designated survivor: (optional)

Nickname: (optional)
    Species: (no legendaries… you don’t want to be responsible for the death of one of them, do you?)
    Personality: (just a few lines to show this Pokémon’s character)
    Ability:
    Other: (if there’s anything notable about the Pokémon other players and I should know)

For a sample SU, see my form for Lucien in the next post.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 14th February 2012 at 3:32 AM.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

CAST

Ysavvryl
    Lucien- Elite 4 member of Sinnoh and leader of the League's security group.
    Darla- A leader in Team Galactic.
    Jacen- The programmer of the Wraith virus.
    ???- Grim Reaper of Pokemon.

Flame Mistress
    Jessica- One of the top Co-ordinators of Kanto and a rising star in Sinnoh.

Mon1010
    Aaron- Elite 4 member of Sinnoh visiting the festival.
    Lucas- The young Champion of Sinnoh, part of the security group

Slipomatic
    Sabrieon- A breeder from Johto promoting his Eevee ranch.

Kiruria
    Yamiko- A traveler from Unova participating in the festival. Girlfriend to following.
    'Mr. D'- A traveler from Unova participating in the festival. Boyfriend to previous.

-+-

Trainer

Name: Lucien

Description: Lucien is a tall slender man, with fair skin as he tends to stay indoors a lot. He has short lavender-colored hair, with matching eyes and eye glasses. However, he usually goes with other colors for his clothing; he tends to dress semi-formal in matching jacket and pants when representing the League. But even when he’s in a more relaxed setting, he keeps a neat appearance. He’s always clean-shaven. While his tinted lens might seem a fashion choice, they’re actually a fairly strong prescription against bright lights and near-sightedness. Don’t expect him to be able to pick out anything in detail if he happens to lose them. It is extremely rare to see him without a book.

Personality: On first impression, Lucien seems like a low-key person who gets easily bored with anything that’s not a book. He always seems calm, doesn’t shout or speak too loud, and often understates things. Those who aren’t close to him might even call him emotionless, careless, and cold, as he speaks a little bluntly and makes many people feel like they’re wasting his time.

Actually, he is a person of strong emotions, strong enough that they trigger painful panic attacks that can leave him high-strung for days. Ever since childhood, he’s worked at gaining control over those emotions. He even developed some psychic powers as a defense against panicking. He may have got far on the opposite end of the emotional scale, but being how he is allows him to lead a semi-normal and even successful life. When with friends (human and Pokémon), he is compassionate and supportive.

Lucien is a highly intelligent man, as reading was one way to occupy his mind and control his emotions. He is an extremely skilled reader because of this, reading rapidly and being able to translate foreign texts even if he can’t speak or understand the spoken language. Besides, libraries tend to be quiet places that help keep him calm. He even frames Pokémon training and battle in the context of what he’s read or what a book about the battle might say, claiming that is how he because skilled enough to become an Elite member.

He cares a lot about his Pokémon. Part of the reason he always reads while on duty is that he does get nervous about his Pokémon getting hurt in battle. The reading keeps him calm and reminds him that it’s not as bad as it may look.

History
    : Lucien didn’t set out to become a remarkable Trainer; he started training Pokémon as another method to deal with his handicaps, as well as prove that he could make something of himself despite them. He did much better that that, having passed the tough trials and critical judging in order to be accepted as an Elite 4 member. In that, he’s been in the public eye as an important person a little more than he’d like, but he does his best to take it in stride.

He was mostly uninvolved in the problems with Galactic last year, as the things he had thought Galactic was going to be doing were red herrings with nothing to do with the legendary Pokémon of the lakes or of Mt. Coronet. Cynthia had turned out to be on the right track, though, and she informed him more of what happened after the fact. This time, Lucien hopes that no one will get hurt, but also that they are not chasing after the wrong thing again. He is directing the League affiliated group in Hearthome to prevent problems during the Spring Flower Festival.

Lucien's other Pokemon are at his home in Canalave, being watched over by a friend.

Pokémon

Designated survivor: No

Nickname:
    Species: Girafarig
    Personality: Girafarig is a quiet but curious Pokémon, sticking mostly to familiar faces but readily approaching others to see what they are doing. She is as attracted to books as Lucien is and won’t even nibble at the paper.
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Other: This Pokémon is capable of reading common languages, including Unown text.

Nickname:
    Species: Gallade
    Personality: Gallade has a vain streak, as he likes to get attention and dislikes being seen as weak or dirty. He is known to be a shameless flirt with female Pokémon within his breeding group (and sometimes those out of it). But beneath the surface, he has a good heart and works hard.
    Ability: Steadfast
    Other:

Nickname:
    Species: Bronzong
    Personality: Surprisingly, Bronzong is an affectionate and happy-go-lucky Pokémon that never seems to notice how silly she is. Has a tendency to back into objects and knock them over, or to levitate at just the right height for Lucien to smack his forehead on her rim. She doesn’t mean trouble, it’s just that neither of them notice until too late.
    Ability: Levitate
    Other: Technically genderless, but has female tendencies

Spoiler:- Liability:
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 15th March 2012 at 4:59 AM.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

I'd like to reserve a normal co-ordinator. I would've done Fantina or Dawn, but I don't feel like controlling a character who isn't of my creation.

EDIT: SU is ready, please excuse the lengthy History:

Name: Jessica Winton

Description: Jessica isn't very tall for her age, standing at only 155 cm or thereabouts. She has a very slim figure - or if one was less polite, skinny - or if one was very rude, to the point of being anorexic - and though she doesn't appear to have any muscles, she is very agile, thanks to her petite body. She never wears any make up - ever. Jessica's head is oval-shaped, and her eyes are a striking shade of azure blue. Her lips are small compared to other people, and her hair is straight and of medium-length, falling to her shoulders, and is like a Ninetales' pelt - soft, smooth, and golden, with amber edges.

Jessica usually wears a sky blue t-shirt with a picture of a Vaporeon printed on the front bottom left corner (from Jessica's point of view), black leggings with short denim shorts on top, and indigo converse trainers. She also wears a necklace with a raindrop-shaped pendant on her neck - she believes that it brings her good luck. If the weather is cold, she will often put on a woolly, golden-brown, Mareep-skin coat, as well as fur boots and a hand-knitted scarf which seems to consist of every shade of blue there is.*

For the performance, she has decided to wear a long, ocean-blue, silky, sleeveless dress that comes down to her feet, and sky blue sandals, as well as sapphire-blue bangles and a real sapphire necklace. (This bit is only relevant if she still gets to perform in the Spring Festival)

Personality: Jessica a calm, cool, chilled-out sort of person, who becomes easily bored and is hard to impress or to excite. She isn't actually unkind, which is what most people see her as, due to her rather competitive nature, but is actually quite the opposite; she is extremely kind and caring towards her Pokémon, and she doesn't mind helping people at all, though she usually goes by the motto "seek, and ye shall receive" (which is a bible verse, I think), and she isn't necessary always willing to make friends - something she has been trying to get over with for ages. Despite her usually caring side, Jessica can be cold-hearted to her rivals and enemies, and makes it clear when she is not satisfied with something - she thinks that sugarcoating things is useless, as they'll probably offer the same treatment over and over again if you continue to pretend that you don't mind.

Jessica always thinks before she speaks, and is a very intelligent person - something that runs in her family. She has the ability to work out puzzles and riddles with ease that no one else can decipher, and she has a vast amount of knowledge about all kinds of just about everything, from practical knowledge to trivia, thanks to her book-filled childhood. She knows when someone is trying to trick her, and not only does she avoid them easily, she also uses the situation to her advantage. Jessica is also patient most of the time, but can explode into a fit of rage when you go too far - and you don't want that to happen.*

History: Jessica was born to a very rich and intelligent family living in Celadon City. Her father was a famous scientist researching the genes of Pokémon and how they effected the anatomy and the behaviour of the species, and her mother was proclaimed one of the best doctors in the whole of Kanto by many people. So it was no wonder that they expected the best from her, and Jessica expected the same from herself. From a young age, she took enjoyment in spending time in the library within her parents' mansion reading books that hardly anyone else of her age would even imagine reading, let alone understand a word of it - she was sent to a private school which boasted many students with excellent exam results, and Jessica loved every bit of it. The lessons, the activities, the teachers, everything.

However, if there was one thing missing in her life, it was friends. She didn't have many friends at all - perhaps it was just because she didn't really have the time to socialise, or it could've been the fact that Jessica never really talked to any of her classmates. Thinking about it, she realised that she had never had a real friend in her life - ever - and she hadn't even attempted to make one.

Then Zara came along. Zara introduced Jessica to the art of making friends, and for once Jessica had someone to call a real friend. Thanks to Zara, she discovered that making friends wasn't something to fear, and she became a changed person - kind and caring, although she retained her calm, chilled-out self as well. Although Zara moved away only a year after she came to Jessica's school, due to her parents getting a new job at Viridian City, she left behind a changed Jessica, who was now a kind and friendly person, someone who cared deeply for her friends, and someone with the ability to swiftly deal with any enemies or bullies who came in her way without a sweat. Jessica's parents were overjoyed that their only child had become such a wonderful person, and they tried their best to track Zara's family down and give them a token of thanks, but to no avail - it was as if they hadn't even existed on this planet at all.*

One day, when she was about eleven years old, Jessica's parents took Jessica to a Contest. She immediately fell in love with the idea of showing off your Pokémon's beauty as well as their skills using combinations and moves. She decided then and there that she'd become a Co-ordinator when she started her journey. Her parents were rather surprised at her decision, but supported her anyway - she was bound to be better at something she enjoyed doing instead of something she didn't, and they wanted their daughter to excel in her future Pokémon journey.*

When she was thirteen years old, a travelling breeder came to Celadon City, selling any unwanted Eggs that Pokémon had bred. Jessica persuaded her parents to buy her one, and it hatched into a cute little Eevee. She became friends with him immediately, and later on she realised that she had been extremely lucky - her Horsea had a couple of rare Egg Moves.*

Jessica started out on her journey a month later, and a year later she was growing her reputation as a very popular co-ordinator, praised for her creative and strategic combinations, as well as her ability of being able to use the opponent to her own advantage. She started out in Kanto, obviously, and after placing third in the Kanto Grand Festival, went on to Sinnoh, and became Sinnoh's top co-ordinator a year after her arrival, and thus was invited to perform at the Spring Festival. She was completely uninvolved with the events caused by Team Galactic, as she was in Kanto at the time. *

Jessica's other Pokémon are being taken care of by her parents in Kanto.*

Other: Don't ever call her Jess, Jessie, or anything like that. Ever. Only call her Jessica.

Pokémon

Designated survivor: Twilight the Espeon

Nickname: Twilight
    Species: Espeon
    Personality: Twilight is a bright, intelligent Espeon, who is an expert user of Psychic-Type Moves. She isn't exactly sociable, and can be rather shy at times, but she turns out to be kind and caring if you get to know her.*
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    Other:*

Nickname: Rainbow
    Species: Pidgeot
    Personality: Rainbow is an adventurous tomboy, who loves getting into trouble, taking dangerous risks, and all that. She is also very loyal, and though it is hard to gain her trust, she goes by the motto "once a friend, always a friend".*
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Other:*

Nickname: Fluttershy
    Species: Togekiss
    Personality: Fluttershy is an extremely shy creature, as well as one of the kindest Pokémon you'll probably ever meet. She never hesitates in rushing to anyone's aid, and she'll help out whenever she can. However, she is also a bit of a coward, and gets easily scared, whether it be by a scary ghost story or a large crowd.*
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Other: She has a bad habit of flying around in circles when she's feeling nervous.*
    Last edited by Azran Flame; 15th February 2012 at 8:25 PM.

Well, here's another Elite Four member. I had to make something up for the personality, considering the only thing his dialogue says is that he likes Bug types. :/ Flint and Lucien have more to work with.

Trainer

Name: Aaron

Description: Aaron is of average height, and he has an athletic build, though he is not overly muscular by any means. Despite being outdoors a lot, especially in wooded areas with all the Bug types, his skin is fairly fair for some reason. He has short close cropped green hair, and his bangs cover most of his forehead. He has a baby face, so he appears a bit younger than he actually is, and his big green eyes add to his youthful appearance. One strand of hair on top of his head always stands straight up no mastter how much he tries to comb it down. With the exception of the top of his head, and eyebrows, the rest of his body is void of hair (Or, it is really fine.) In contrast to Lucien, he usually dresses casually, and can often be found wearing tank tops, jeans, and sneakers.

Personality: Aaron is a bright and cheerful person, with an optimistic view on life. He almost always has a smile on his face. He is a genuine nice guy, and is warm to new people he meets; but sometimes he is too nice to the point of gullibility, he is often taken advantage of because of it. He is a social person, and he likes being around people, and he is not afraid to strike up a conversation with someone. He is loyal, and very protective of those he cares about, and he is a good friend to have. He can become quite dangerous when he gets mad, but it is rather difficult to anger him. He can be easily distracted at times, and he has a hard time standing still. He's a bit of a rash, impulsive person; and while he thinks quick on his feet during intense situations, he also jumps to conclusions before thinking everything through, which can result in trouble. Aaron has an almost childlike fascination with Bug types. He is as much of a friend to them, as they are to him.

History: Aaron had always liked Bug types, ever since he caught his first Wurmple. He grew up around them, as he lived near Eterna Forest where many bugs live. He spent most of his life learning to understand them, and as a mere bug catcher, he caught many of them. He never set out to be a remarkable trainer, he just battled as a way of bonding with his Pokemon, for the fun of it. Everything just seemed to work out. Somehow, he managed to pass the difficult tests, and become one of the Elite Four member of Sinnoh.

He was uninvolved in the events of Team Galatic, and he was informed of what really happened after the fact. Although he was upset that he wasn't able to be of more help, he's glad that everything worked out in the end, and he hopes that something similar won't happen again. He enjoys the attention that being an Elite Four member brings, especially from the opposite sex, however he could do without some of the more...extreme fans. Since Lucien is dealing with the security, Aaron is just here to enjoy the festival.

His other Pokemon are in a ranch in his home near Eterna City.

Pokémon

Designated survivor: Drapion (Because it makes the most sense. Its a Poison type, and has Battle Armor as an ability.)

Nickname:
    Species: Drapion
    Personality: Drapion is one of Aaron's first Pokemon, he's had him ever since he was a baby Skorupi, and the only non Bug type on his team. The two have been through everything together, and are really close friends. Drapion is a headstrong and stubborn Pokemon, who really enjoys battling. he will never back down from a challenge and will continue to fight till the bitter end.
    Ability: Battle Armor
    Other:

Nickname:
    Species: Vespiquen
    Personality: As one would expect, Vespiquen acts like a queen. Royal and elegant at all times. That said, she does have a motherly instinct and cares for her grubs, and her trainer like her own children. She is more defensive than offensive. Sending out her grubs to protect and heal her, and overall mess with the foe before ordering them to attack.
    Ability: Pressure
    Other:

Nickname:
    Species: Yanmega
    Personality: He is a hyperactive type of Pokemon. He is always moving around at high speeds, and making high pitched buzzing noises that get on people's nerves. Like his trainer, he also has a hard time keeping still. He is also a jokester, and the youngest Pokemon on Aaron's team.
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Other:
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 15th February 2012 at 11:18 PM.

@Mon1010: Hey, caught the first version of your post... if you need help fleshing out Aaron's personality, I don't mind helping out with that. What I did with Lucien is check the databases on Serebii and Bulbapedia; the latter's really helpful for getting that in-game dialog and various views on him (which is why I brought in Girafarig; I didn't originally intend to, but it seems to be a signature Pokemon for him). Then work out from there to fill him out to a full character.

Edit: working on post simultaneously makes advice old!

@Flame Mistress: Hey there! I don't mind a lengthy history, I'm just saying people don't have to stress over it so long as it can explain why the person is there in Hearthome now. Onto your SU...

Heh, Lucien and Jessica are really similar, but they have different reasons for being aloof yet kind. I was concerned about her having that background, but it seems she's not a trained medical or scientific expert, just someone with enough background to understand things. She shouldn't be a 'solve everything quickly' kind of character, then (that undermines drama). Other than that, things look fine. Oh, and there's an error in history where you called Twilight a Horsea; might want to fix that.

Adjust that one misnaming, and take out the asterisks because they make me think there's going to be footnotes... with that, you're accepted!

Thanks! And yeah, it's from a different RPG, so I sometimes miss out things like that, sorry.

And about the asterisks, it's a side effect from writing everything up from my iphone's Notes. It only appears after I post it, and it's a real pain in the butt to cross them all out... =|

And I'll keep the "no genius" thing in mind. Oh, and can you tell me the liability of all my Pokémon, please? I'm curious.
    Last edited by Azran Flame; 14th February 2012 at 5:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysavvryl View Post
    @Mon1010: Hey, caught the first version of your post... if you need help fleshing out Aaron's personality, I don't mind helping out with that. What I did with Lucien is check the databases on Serebii and Bulbapedia; the latter's really helpful for getting that in-game dialog and various views on him (which is why I brought in Girafarig; I didn't originally intend to, but it seems to be a signature Pokemon for him). Then work out from there to fill him out to a full character.

Edit: working on post simultaneously makes advice old!
    I finished it. But I don't mind some help, if there's anything else that should be there that I didn't put, let me know.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 14th February 2012 at 9:51 PM.

Mmmm. A chance to work on something interesting. Definitely signing up, my poor favorite pokemon are going to suffer. (espeon, umbreon, glaceon)

I'll probably edit this post when I get a full sign-up done.

Credit to MagicMochi for jolteon/leafeon banner.

I'll get a sign up for this

I love the idea of the harshness and death being unavoidable, I hope that doesnt make me sound like a homocidal maniac.

I'd like to reserve. Though it means sacrificing my favourite pokemon, I still think this is a great idea.
    I have clamed... the mighty Thor. Oh wait it's Throh *Facepalm*
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats
    My fanfic: Island of New Sundai

I like this idea because it's different. Anyhow, looking forward to your sign-ups!

@Flame Mistress: Using that 1 to 5 scale, Rainbow the Pidgeot is a straightforward 1.5. Fluttershy the Togekiss is a 2/4.5 and Twilight the Espeon is a 2.5/4; the reason they get those odd scores is that their abilities will increase the rate at which they infect other Pokemon.

@Mon1010: I think you did a good job there, especially with more limited dialogue. Aaron always struck me as a high-energy enthusiastic person and you did that well. Accepted

What? I thought Magic Bounce would protect Twilight...

Well then, I'm changing my survivor to Rainbow, since she has the lowest liability.

@Flame Mistress: *looks at Pokemon nicknames* Ahahaha, I see what you did there! So the Pidgeot's last name is Dash and the Espeon's last name is Sparkle. Come to think of it, you could have a whole party of six and that'll account for everypony!

@Ysavvryl: Just to clarify, would it be okay if I sign up as two characters (a couple, to be specific)? They'd have two Pokemon each. I just thought it'd be interesting to see how this RPG affects not only their Pokemon, but their relationship as well.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 15th February 2012 at 2:25 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Ysavvryl View Post
    @Mon1010: I think you did a good job there, especially with more limited dialogue. Aaron always struck me as a high-energy enthusiastic person and you did that well. Accepted
    Thanks, that's one of my favorite types of personalities to use. I'm glad that came across. =D

I'd also like to know what the liability for his Pokemon are. (I suspect Yanmega is the highest.)

@Kiruria: THANK YOU, someone caught the reference! =D Yeah, thanks for noticing. I've become more obsessed with MLP than ever these days =P I would've done the whole team, but limited numbers = me saddo.

Also, Rainbow is the tough cookie of the group, so it would make more sense for her to survive. And that leaves Twilight to die a painful death, which will mean more tragedy and drama as she is the starter Pokémon!

@Kiruria: I love that idea! Go for it.

@Flame Mistress: I haven't watched a full episode of the newest MLP (I used to watch the old one...), but I've listened to a lot of them. Weird, yes, but I knew them but didn't feel I knew enough to say something.

Magic Bounce would make her a little more resistant, so Twilight might be one of the last to get the infection. But once she catches it, then it won't matter.

@Mon1010: Ah, let me see... Battle Armor won't have much of an effect, but typing gets Drapion a 2. Vespiquen is 3, and yes, Yanmega's ability knocks him clear to 5.

If anybody else wants a liability estimate, just ask.

I'd like to reserve, it will be in today or tomorow

Spoiler:- NO H8:

Credit: Sworn Metalhead

Actually, I'm switching my survivor back to Twilight. =P I just feel like it.

I'm going to guess that all of my pokemon are between 2.5 and 3.5 on the 1-5 rating scale.
    Forgot to edit my post lol.

Trainer

Name: Sabrieon Evo

Description: Sabrieon is slightly taller than the average person. He has a slightly athletic build, mostly around his legs. He is slightly tanned in skin and has short, wavy black hair. His hair is usually messy, but he keeps his hair combed and looking clean with his bangs tucked to one side. His eyes are yellow and his face is slightly toned, almost having no fat on it. He has several small bite scars on his arm and hands. He wears a pair of blue jeans with a matching blue T-shirt with the logo of an eevee smiling face on the back with small letters underneath it saying, “Johto Eevee Center”. He has a black tennis shoes and a pair of black fingerless gloves, specially designed to look like leather and be weather resistant, but comfortable to wear.

Personality: Sabrieon is very supportive of pokemon and trainers working together. He isn’t that well of a battler, being that his expertise is more on pokemon care and breeding. He is fairly carefree and laidback, tending to let things flow regardless of what happens. He is willing to share tips on making pokemon a bit happier to those who are on shaky grounds. He is slightly biased and think that eevees and their evolutions are awesome enough that a team consisting of only them and their evolutions could easily defeat the elite four of any region. He is slightly boastful about his breeding centers pokemon and will try to prove it in a battle, although he is fairly weak battler. He is easy to talk with as long as you don’t try to talk down about eevees, cause otherwise he’ll unleash a tangent and try to prove to you that eevees and their evolutions are just as good as other pokemon.

History:
    Sabrieon originally set out to be a trainer. At the age of 14, he left his hometown in Goldenrod City, having been given an eevee as his starter from the infamous Bill who adored eevees and their evolutions. He did quite poor with the gym circuit, only managing to get Zephyr and insect badge before being humiliated by Whitney in a total wipeout. After failing several times, usually resulting in him having to rush his starter to the pokemon center and getting scolded at for bringing it in such a condition, he abandoned going after the badges and started to focus on taking care of his pokemon. At the time, he had several other pokemon that disliked him for being weak and were eventually released back into the wild when he saw that they didn’t want to be with him anymore. Only his starter pokemon remained at his side, never leaving him. He stayed in Goldenrod city for a while, studying in the extensive library on pokemon care and breeding, while letting his eevee play with Bill’s eevee at Bill’s house in Goldenrod City.

Eventually, he started a small ranch and raised solely eevees, having gotten another eevee that liked his eevee from Bill. He made sure his ranch was quite hard to find and that only trainers would have an off chance of finding his ranch. Although he built his ranch to raise several types of pokemon, he raised solely eevees. His ranch eventually became popular as he raised several pokemon that had special egg moves that were very hard to get in some pokemon. He had a few friends that helped him raise his pokemon, most of them being breeders who needed the experience. As his ranch became more successful, he would travel around with some of his ranches pokemon and would showcase them to show that his pokemon were being raised properly and were not being experimented on to show certain attributes. He recently went to the Spring Flower Festival to setup a stall to attract attention from other regions to his center. He also brought a special device that allows him to remotely see what’s going on at his ranch as he left most of his prized pokemon there in the care of his breeders.

Pokemon

Designated Survivor: Umbreon

Nickname: Grace

Species: Espeon

Personality: Grace is a attention loving pokemon. She loves to be cuddled with and sitting on peoples laps, sometimes on other pokemon. She is very graceful in her movements and can sometimes accidently attract unwanted attention from males of her breeding group and outside of it. She is otherwise a good natured pokemon.

Ability: Synchronize

Nickname: Serene

Species: Glaceon

Personality: Serene is a very calm pokemon, attributed to her nickname. She is very open minded and will talk with just about any pokemon and will attempt to cheer up pokemon who appear to be sad or distressed. She loves to help pokemon and see them happy, often getting jokes about her being a chansey.

Ability: Snow Cloak

Nickname: Crescent

Species: Umbreon

Personality: Crescent is a serious, no nonsense pokemon. He would prefer to be training than socializing with other pokemon. He has a playful side that comes out very seldom. It usually takes blackmailing or bribing for him to give in to be playful. He is usually focused only on defending his trainer or watching other pokemon, making sure they aren’t doing anything fishy.

Ability: Inner Focus

Other: Grace, Serene, and Crescent are all brothers and sisters of the same litter.

Credit to MagicMochi for jolteon/leafeon banner.

@rabidepicgoose: You have problems with your sign-up. Check the first post again; Midna's reasons for being in Hearthome do not make sense. Her personality is weird in a bad way; I don't think a human's laugh could mess with someone's sanity. Also, I don't like that she's had a near-total team wipe out due to disease prior to this. Bloodwraith should come as something unexpected to everyone and realistically, she shouldn't have been battling with her remaining two so soon after the others had died.

If a Pokemon is to be truly fluent in human language, then it should be like what I've heard of Meowth in the anime; it should have sacrificed something in order to be able to speak.

I wouldn't mind a scientist type, but this one won't work. She runs too close to god-mod position, so rejected. You can try again with another character, but take in mind the problems here and don't repeat them.

Moves aren't necessary, since there won't be much focus on battling in this game. Anyhow, liability on those three would be 3 on Serperior and Audino (Healer won't do anything), and 4 on Hydreigon.

@Slipomatic: I like Sabrieon. He has good reasons for being there and a nice personality. Accepted.

Range guess is right, except Grace would be 3/5. 3 is liability to herself, and 5 is the risk she presents in a higher rate of passing Bloodwraith due to Synchronize.

All right, at long last, here's my signup! I would like a liability estimate too, please. For now I will not select a designated survivor. And you'll notice that two of the Pokemon are straight from my White team featured in my signature.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Yamiko Murakage

Description: Yamiko is built as gently as a faery (although she has no wings nor magical powers of course)--her skin is smooth and soft and her body is light and quite flexible, though a little on the thin side. She's 5'2" tall and has a pleasant yellowish-peach tone to her skin, and her eyes are a deep indigo. Her straight, soft hair falls down to her chest and is the colour of blood--though more black on the inside. Atop her head is a black hat with a blue and purple band around it.

Yamiko likes to be just a tad bit fashionable in her clothing, and her hat is only one example. Her shirt is a deep mauve in colour with broad navy blue stripes. Its sleeves are long enough to almost cover her hands, but they have hidden buttons on the inside that can attach to the inside of the elbows, so Yamiko can wear the sleeves at mid-length too. Her blue jeans flare out a bit near the bottom, where they end in more blue and purple stripes and slightly cover her black sneakers. Yamiko also carries a large black shoulder bag with a rectangular shape and a purple Darkrai design on it.

Personality: Yamiko is definitely an introverted person. She has a habit of avoiding people's gaze, and of doing things secretly. Also she hates asking favours of people. She is hardly ever the one to start a conversation, and has trouble keeping one going. When she does decide to talk to people, she speaks in quite a passive fashion, adapting to what others say, and frequently agreeing with people. Because of this, she comes across as easy to get along with, and also easy to manipulate. It is true that she is quick to forgive people, to give them a second chance. As long as they don't seem like they want to harm her directly, she trusts people quite easily, though it might take her a while to do so at first.

But because Yamiko likes to have fewer friends, that also means that she wants to keep whichever ones she has. Though she might still appear avoidant as usual around her friends and family, she cares deeply about them, and comforts them in case of danger. This especially applies to Pokemon, which she seems to get along with better than people. She also enjoys physical contact with her friends--a hug from one of them almost always cheers her up at least somewhat. That and a dance. Yamiko has loved to dance ever since she was little--sometimes she can get carried away and accidentally slip a dance step into her regular movement. She shows a great appreciation for music and visual beauty, and an unquestioning belief in magic.

Yamiko is also known for being very emotional. It's very easy to make her cry and feel depressed. When frustrated, it's common for her to push people away. She's gotten a bit better on controlling herself when angry, but often she won't make the wisest of decisions in that state, and won't hesitate to become violent. The brave and relentless way in which she fights certainly doesn't help here. In Pokemon battles, though, she takes a very uncertain stance, more often trusting her Pokemon to make decisions for themselves, and offering suggestions rather than authoritative commands. Additionally, she has a remarkable ability to interpret people's emotions. Whether she will ask about such emotions is a different issue.

But remember that Yamiko's name means "child of darkness"--her nature does not ignore this fact. She has a hard time apologising to people and expressing gratitude, being more likely to slip quietly out of a conversation. Though she does try to be nice to most people, she does pity many of them, especially with her secret wish for all the Average Joes in the world to be available as slaves. And she only feels guilty for hurting someone when someone else is there to scold her about it. If she can lie, cheat, or steal to get what she wants, she will. Probably her greatest skills are in lying, hiding, keeping secrets, and appearing innocent.

History: After Celia Murakage died at the age of 92, she put a curse on her family, though nobody knows why. As a result, her granddaughter Mai died while giving birth to Yamiko. So Yamiko lived with her father, a stage magician known as Happy Dan, in Saffron City, Kanto. In the first three years, Yamiko had several opportunities to perform with him, usually on the street or a corner in a park, and to learn some of his tricks as well. However, after he contracted a type of arthritis that weakened his hands, he and Yamiko ended up homeless. But at the time she and Dan did a lot of exploring around town, especially to places where the Pokemon were, such as the parks and the surrounding routes. At that time Yamiko was jealous of gym leader Sabrina's psychic powers.

But after a while, the police decided Yamiko lived in "unsafe conditions" and thus found someone else to adopt her. Nevertheless, she still missed Dan, and would try and visit him whenever she could find him. She took quite a few ballet lessons during this time, finding that dancing was an excellent way to express her emotions when words would not suffice. It was also at this time that she learned more about Pokemon. She never had any big ambitions like becoming a gym leader or competing in the Pokemon League, but she did enjoy Pokemon in general, liking to be around them and learn more about them.

One night when Yamiko was eighteen, she had a dream. In it, the ghost of Celia danced around her, and some unknown ghost Pokemon stood in the background. Celia told Yamiko that in order to remove the curse she put on her, she must defeat her in a Pokemon battle. However, Celia also said that she must also "find the other piece" to remove the curse, and Yamiko had no idea what that meant. At any rate, the following day, she started her Pokemon journey, her first Pokemon being a Ralts received from a breeder in Sinnoh (that was the region her adopted family lived in--Pastoria to be specific). She named this Ralts Guinevere.

The next couple of months saw Yamiko journeying with Guinevere around Sinnoh, focusing more on exploring the world than obtaining gym badges. Rather than focus on becoming the best at Pokemon battles (or even contests), she just had fun traveling with Guinevere, maybe enjoying a casual battle with wild Pokemon or other trainers sometimes. Guinevere got enough experience to evolve to Kirlia this way. But there was one problem: Team Galactic was still rather prevalent in the region. At one point, Yamiko lost a Pokemon battle with two of their grunts (yes, it was an unfair two-on-one battle), and they took away Guinevere after the battle ended.

Too timid and shocked to report Guinevere's "Pokenapping" to the police, too upset and depressed to want to interact with anyone for that matter, Yamiko decided to flee the region, heading to Unova after hearing about the Pokemon Musical Theatre in Nimbasa. In Unova, she made tentative plans to convince Professor Juniper that she was a new trainer in need of a Pokemon... but before that could happen, a Litwick appeared before her one night. As it turned out, this Litwick used to belong to Celia and had been looking for Yamiko for years. Yamiko didn't really trust this Litwick (who was named Venifica) at first, but she eventually decided to accept her, for she really didn't feel like begging Juniper for an Oshawott.

Venifica turned out to be a much better battler than Guinevere was, especially with her love of inflicting pain on her enemies. It was in this fashion that she had little trouble evolving to Lampent. While in Unova, Yamiko also caught a Purrloin, figuring she needed some security in case Venifica turned against her and left. Yet at the same time, she wondered if Venifica would play an important role in the defeat of Celia...

(For the rest, see Combined History at the bottom.)

~~Yamiko's Pokemon~~

Nickname:
    Venifica
    Species: Chandelure
    Personality: Venifica's personality is as sinister as her appearance, perhaps moreso. She is highly sadistic, deriving intense pleasure from inflicting pain on random people, and even her friends in some cases. Her appetite for energy drained from a victim's well-being, and for souls consumed in her wicked flames, can never be properly satiated. But she likes to play with her food, so to speak. She's a real artist in battle, manipulating the shape of her attacks. This cannot alter the attack's actual effect, but she truly enjoys making her Flame Bursts into charging fiery dragons, making eerie faces appear on her Will-O-Wisps, etc. Also, she likes to illustrate things with her flames, making detailed shapes out of them. Because she gets very grouchy during the daytime, she stays in her Pokeball at that time unless she's really needed. But she really likes to battle, taking on a tough yet malevolently playful attitude while doing so. Her favourite attack to use is Hex, as a way of further torturing her opponents after they are burned with Will-O-Wisp, Inferno, or by merely touching her flames. Yet she also seems to enjoy taking damage herself, thinking that doing so will enhance her ability to drain energy from her victims. She's even been known to stick pins into herself for fun.
    Ability: Flame Body
    Other: Venifica's flames change colour somewhat depending on her mood. When she's excited or pleased, they become reddish in hue, blood-red if she's REALLY excited. When displeased or depressed, they become more bluish. They also become grayish and dull when she's in a grumpy mood, i.e. in the daytime. Finally, while she's draining energy from a victim, they turn a darker purple, and black while consuming one's soul (which very rarely happens, but it's something she really craves).

Nickname: Nico
    Species: Purrloin
    Personality: A very carefree and adventurous cat, Nico spends a lot of time outside his Pokeball, scouting the area and finding useful things. He has both a talent and a passion for stealing things, but being the nice kitty he is, he'll often return the item to the owner if neither he nor Yamiko finds it useful. Yes, that's not right, he's not mean like Venifica. He's much more relaxed, and enjoys snuggling and cheering up his friends. Though he's modest about his abilities, he does enjoy a battle once in a while, often using very unexpected attacks (his favourite being Assist). But he is easily scared, and will NOT want to be left alone while feeling that way. Rainy weather makes him a bit moodier than usual, but he is otherwise very good at appearing innocent. That last bit is the only thing he really prides himself on, and it's the reason why he does not want to evolve. Yamiko likes him the way he is, so that's just fine!
    Ability: Limber
    Other: It's kind of hard to see from a distance, but Nico wears a little black collar, with the tag sewn onto it rather than hanging from it. That way, if he ever gets lost on his wanderings, he can be easily returned to Yamiko when found. He doesn't like a hanging tag because it can drag on the ground or make little jingly sounds while he's trying to sneak into places.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Remy Demange (often goes by "Mr. D")

Description: Many people see Mr. D as a calm and mature guy who's safe to be around. He's about six feet tall, just tall enough to rest his chin on the top of Yamiko's head. Curly yet shiny hair of a deep amber shade falls limp around his face, nearly covering his ears and neck as well. It seems to go well with his lightly tanned complexion at least. Although his body is sturdy, lean, and rather well-built, it has an almost slender feel to it, so that he doesn't look that muscular unless he's carrying something. His eyes are a bright peacock blue, placed below bushy eyebrows that are the same colour as the rest of his hair. Same goes for his moustache and the small amount of hair on his chin, both of which are neatly trimmed.

Mr. D prefers a simple yet somewhat different style of dress. He really likes polo shirts, his favourite being a white one with navy blue stripes, with the top button left unbuttoned. The dark blue jeans he wears are loose around his legs and have not faded that much yet. Brown loafers cover his feet, and he wears a blue digital watch around his left wrist. Unless it's really hot outside, he wears a grass-green coat over all that, one nearly as long as his whole body, with big wide sleeves and golden trim. He always leaves this coat unbuttoned, even if it gets cold outside--he'll put on a hat and scarf in that case.

Mr. D keeps most of his belongings in the two large pockets on the outside of his coat, but the two Pokeballs containing his Pokemon are fastened to the otherwise unoccupied belt loops on his jeans.

Personality: Mr. D is a passionate and romantic kind of guy--he indeed does follow his heart. He really does see the world through rose-coloured glasses most of the time, appreciating the beauty of life for all it's worth, and seeking all the good things in life and in people. When around people, he tends to be caring and affectionate, and isn't very shy at all to just talk to someone. Honesty and politeness are two of his most important virtues, which is good because he's a terrible liar and is easily embarrassed. If he does or says something to someone that he thinks is even a tiny bit offensive, he's very quick to apologise--perhaps "sorry" is one of the words he likes saying the most, in addition to "something like", "cherie", and repeated descriptive words (i.e. "very, very" or "terrible, terrible"). While the expanse of one's vocabulary isn't necessarily an indication of one's intelligence, in Mr. D's case it is. Sometimes he struggles trying to find the right word to describe something with and ends up using simpler words instead. Likewise, his intelligence is not too far above average.

A social person at heart, Mr. D truly enjoys the company of close friends and family. In fact, he really doesn't like to be alone, often becoming moody and unmotivated when by himself. While in a group, he takes on a supportive role, reassuring everyone that things will be all right. Comforting people who feel disturbed is one of his strong suits, and he's more than happy to do so. Additionally, he enjoys being a handyman, helping out with small things when needed. He's easily amused, but also easily distracted, easily losing his train of thought. This especially tends to happen due to him having a suddenly interesting conversation with a stranger.

In many cases, Mr. D has a sort of artistic personality. He likes to contemplate the beauty of things, for doing so frees him from any petty troubles life can hold--at least temporarily anyway. That certainly explains why he loves to dance, and also why he's more interested in being a Pokemon coordinator than a trainer. And to him, love is the most beautiful thing of all, especially when expressed between individuals. He never dances alone--it takes two to make the magic happen.

Despite Mr. D's caring and nurturing nature, he doesn't fare well when conflict or danger arises. He'll approach it with the attitude of being there for whoever he's with, but he'll chicken out at the last minute, running away to safety. When under a lot of stress, he becomes more selfish than usual, instinctively acting to save himself without considering what could happen to everyone else. Often times he'll end up making rash decisions when faced with a lot of pressure, which he'll deeply regret later. Usually, people don't really offend him, but if a person seems to have ill intentions, he stands on tiptoe on the handle, ready to fly off at any second. Especially if that person turns out to be a thief or some other sort of criminal--he's highly distrusting of "dishonest" people like that. In that situation, he's very prone to arguing and raising his voice. Oh, and did I not mention that he sucks at arguing? Oh, and finally, he has a deathly fear of sharp objects pointed at him. Brandishing a knife at him is a surefire way to freak him out.

History: Like Fantina, the Demange family is originally from France. Though in the family's case, they moved to Unova when Remy was only twelve years old. His mother worked in the fashion industry, his father was a gardener, and his oddball of an older brother joined the army. But oh well, that brother isn't really important here anyway. He was much closer to his cousin Olivia anyway--the two were very good childhood friends. They first learned how to dance together, and did so very often, even outside of their lessons. Sadly though, the family had left Olivia behind when they moved to Unova.

Remy was often viewed as out of place when he was in his early teens, which may have simply been due to him being from a foreign country. At that time he was very close to his parents, particularly his father. The two would often tend the garden together, along with some Pokemon Dad had. Many times Dad offered Remy the option of leaving on a Pokemon journey, taking one of the garden Pokemon with him, but Remy kept putting it off. What exactly would he do? Especially since battling really wasn't his thing. At that time, a part of him really wanted to sneak back to France to see Olivia again. There were a couple of occasions when she visited, but a week at a time didn't seem to be enough for either of them.

One late afternoon, when Remy was in his late teens and Olivia was visiting, the two cousins took a walk near the waterfalls southwest of Undella, and at one point decided to take a break by sitting on a rock. While sitting there, Olivia pointed out a Caterpie that was chasing after a Petilil, saying that they reminded her of herself and Remy. Remy, who by that time was known as Mr. D to everyone except Olivia and the rest of his family, didn't seem to quite agree with that analogy. However, he was interested in the two Pokemon. Pleased, Olivia decided to catch both of them and place them under his care. "Think of me whenever you see them happily playing together", was the last thing she said before leaving once again for her home country.

So now Remy--erm, Mr. D--was now technically on a Pokemon journey! I say technically because he still spent a lot of time back home in Driftveil City. Especially since at the time his father was selling bouquets of flowers at the huge marketplace that was one of the city's main attractions. And his mother enjoyed having him around at her workplace as well, enjoying giving him articles of clothing that didn't quite make it into the company's product line at the time. The green coat Mr. D wears is one such item, his favourite out of all of them in fact.

Over time, Mr. D gradually got used to traveling on his own. Especially after he realised that he wasn't really alone, thanks to the two Pokemon he had. Mayflower and Puck, the Petilil and the Caterpie Butterfree (those bugs grow very quickly), were growing very attached to each other as well, just as Olivia thought they would. Although sometimes it seemed that Puck was bothering Mayflower somewhat, he could tell that deep down inside they loved each other very much. Just like his own friendship with Olivia... well, not quite. Olivia was fun to be around, but the relationship between the two of them seemed casual and shallow compared to what was going on between Mayflower and Puck. It was kind of funny, really, yet beautiful in every sense of the word.

(For the rest, see Combined History at the bottom.)

~~Mr. D's Pokemon~~

Nickname:
    Mayflower
    Species: Lilligant
    Personality: Mayflower is somewhat vain, priding herself on the appearance of her petals and her attacks. Indeed, she loves performing in contests, and gives off an air of noblety, resembling a princess presenting herself before the king's council. She isn't afraid of being on her own, as long as she doesn't see any obvious sign of danger. She likes to be in control of the situation, to know that everything is going as planned. Likewise, she's good at staying focused, not being as easily distracted as her trainer is. Occasionally she will show a little sass, sticking her tongue out at anyone who makes fun of her, and turning away in the face of flattery. Yet she treats those who are consistently kind to her well, even though she seems primarily concerned about her own well-being.
    Ability: Own Tempo
    Other: Thanks to frequent pollination by Puck, Mayflower enjoys planting seeds in places, in which lilies identical to the one on her head sprout.

Nickname: Puck
    Species: Butterfree
    Personality: Selfless and brave, Puck thinks he is a noble warrior sworn to protect his beloved. He likes looking at pretty things, true, but he doesn't obsess too much over it. He's pretty much committed himself to Mayflower, watching over her, resting on her head, protecting her in battle (he likes to use Rage Powder to draw the attention to himself), drinking her nectar, and carrying her with his wings or the psychic abilities he learned from Venifica. Puck has a good amount of respect for others, knowing that everyone has a good side no matter how evil they may seem. He also has a lot of willpower, determined to keep going despite all challenges that come his way. He doesn't expect that much for himself, but expects a lot from those he cares about most.
    Ability: Compoundeyes
    Other: Yes, I'm quite aware that Lilligant and Butterfree are in different egg groups, but nevertheless, Puck and Mayflower are in love with each other as much as Mr. D and Yamiko are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Combined History: Yamiko and Mr. D met in the Musical Theater in Nimbasa City, for both of them wanted to see their Pokemon perform at the same time. In the performance, the audience didn't seem to like Nico that much, and the judge thought his performance was rather bland. Mr. D found Yamiko crying in a corner of the theatre, and naturally had to go see what was wrong. The two talked for a while, immediately finding out that they both loved ballet dancing and shared similar outlooks on life. Not to mention they really like the way each other looked. Yamiko told Mr. D about Celia's curse, and Mr. D told Yamiko about his parents' careers. Interested, they decided to travel together for a while.

But it was more than just traveling together. With so much in common and such strong interest in each other (especially on Mr. D's part), the two fell in love and started a relationship. Whenever they got challenged to a battle, they often fought alongside each other in a double battle. Over time, they grew used to each other's Pokemon, sometimes borrowing them for a double battle. They traveled around, winning their first-ever gym badges from Liza and Tate in Hoenn. They exchanged elemental stones as Valentine's Day gifts, allowing Venifica and Mayflower to evolve further. Things were going well.

Yeah, that may seem to be true--any onlooker would probably see the two as a happy young couple. But the relationship had its nuances. Yamiko felt very safe and happy around Mr. D, but was still kind of shy around him. To be honest, she wasn't entirely sure if he was "the one" for her. Mr. D seemed to be more in love with Yamiko than Yamiko was with him, but in reality he was only in love with half of her. He didn't like her dark side one bit, and would criticise her whenever she got angry with someone or shoplifted something (provided he could even tell; Yamiko was still a good liar). Likewise, he never felt comfortable around Venifica either, and Nico had to keep his thieving acts to a minimum around him. Yamiko was perfectly fine with everything about Mr. D and his Pokemon though.

And then came the Spring Flower Festival. Unfortunately, Mr. D's father couldn't participate because he had a large garden in a mansion to refurbish. But Mr. D himself did, and Yamiko as well. It wasn't much, but the two were to perform on the opening day of the festival, doing a ballet dance together with Mayflower and Puck dancing together as well. The short act was to be called "Once There Was A Flower", performed to a ballad of the same name. In addition to the dancing, it would tell a story about the early stages of romance and how it related to the youthful nature of spring. They perform on the closing day as well, and plan on just visiting on the other days.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 26th February 2012 at 7:13 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

@Kiruria: Nice job! They're an interesting couple to bring into this situation. There's no major problems, but one nitpick is the mention of Team Plasma. The timing of this game being about four or five months after Platinum means that the events of Black/White have yet to happen. Plasma would still be in their secretive mode, away from the public's eyes. But eh, that's easily adjusted, so happily accepted!

On considering their Pokemon, Mayflower is 3, Nico is 2.5. Then to the odd ones. Puck is 3/3.5, as he presents a slightly higher risk of passing the virus. Venifica is 3.5, as I think a Chandelure would count as rigid body type.

You make pollination sound so dirty...

...Changing my survivor back to Rainbow. =P Sorry!

LOL, Yamiko and Mr. D are not married--they're just boyfriend and girlfriend for now. And I'll fix the Team Plasma thing soon. Hey, what if I change it to Team Galactic in Sinnoh instead? The kidnapping of Guinevere happened two years ago, so that would have probably been a bit before the events of Platinum, when Team Galactic was just starting out, right? Otherwise I'll probably have it be Team Rocket instead, since they did have operations in other regions.

And yeah, LOL at the pollination thing. Of course, if you've heard the song "Bumblebees" by Aqua, that's even worse.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 18th February 2012 at 8:37 PM.

@Kiruria: lol, silly me. Will go fix that. And didn't you already have her kidnapped by Galactic? The Plasma mention is a bit after that; either Rocket or Galactic will work, the former a bit more.

@Flame Mistress: It's okay. I'm not making the files until I actually start the game, so that's when the survivor and other data become set in stone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast