This was just one of those episodes...where I had to comment on almost everything.
- Pfft, I like how Ash acknowledges that he's seen a Sawk already before dexing it. Such an obedient kid, embarassing himself just to waste screen time.
- Dent doesn't believe in wishes because he doesn't need them.
- Kenyan doesn't know the starter types. I bet As-HOLY CRAP even the reset Ashy boy knows! No wonder the kids who got it wrong are crying.
- Crap. Brock would've been perfect for that Jenny/Joy question. I was even half expecting Ash to feel homesick.
- The fishing sommelier rod should become an official game item.
- Ash would've ragequit being pokemon master if the Pikachu he's had over 700 episodes evolved cuz some random kid threw a thunderstone at it.
- Then again, he could just press the B button...
- I bet Dent just carries a wonder launcher in his backpack for fun.
- Honestly I thought the nevermeltice kid was a better attempt at cheating than the TwistedSpoon. Mile is just being a sad judge.
- Nothing much to say about the generic water race with generic four places catch.
- Ash as Alder is probably the most adorable thing.
- Kenyan as Joy is probably the most disturbing thing.
- Okay now Mile is just being a sad pervert. (Dent gets trolled. lol)
- I've convinced myself that Dent just got rejected for being too fabulous.
- I don't see why Kenyan and Ash are so tired. They walk like 16 hours a day, one of whom used to fall and climb out of pit traps on a daily basis.
- I think this is the first time we've seen wild Litwick/Lampents/Chandelures who don't want to cremate our heroes into ashy bits.
- Light Screen not working on Air Slash? Holy crap are the writers actually following the game?!
- Yeah, that kid is annoying. The sad thing is I don't think he knows he's cheating. At least the episode isn't going on a "cheating is bad and you will not make friends" charade. Nope. Everyone was too focused on winning to care about today's COTD :3
- Ash gets trolled. lol.
- The guy who thought rock was a starter wins, cool.
This was just one of those episodes which was fun to commentate on. I liked it despite the overall pointlessness. Of course, pointless episodes can sometimes be the most enjoyable and I have to say this is one of them.
That sounds about right.
Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac
* Credit to pokefan#493