Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Climbing the Tower of Success! (730)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Iris just asked what a psychic is...wha...but...what.
    He used the English term (or rather, the faux-English term "psychiccer", which is what the "Psychic" Trainer class is called in the Japanese games). Iris (and the primary audience) aren't native English speakers, and the word he used to define it ("chounouryokusha") is the standard Japanese word.

It's just one of those things that don't translate well. Wonder what the dub will do.

I have not peed myself laughing for a long long time, but Stephan and Sawk as Joy and Audino just murdered me. Absolutely brilliant.

Reiji is the worst, seriously. No redeeming qualities, he's just a douche. Elgeeyem got a lousy trainer. Levitating your way through all the obstacles is not the solution.

I wonder what purpose this tower serves when not being used for a contest in the anime?

Partner choices for the episode were a little boring. Nothing we hadn't seen before.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMasterJames View Post
    Only way Brock and dawn are in Unova was the bin of costumes. A vest that mirrored Brock's from the OS is seen, as well as a Dawn hat/wig. Also, Team Rocket stuff was strangely in the bin too.
    Already said that...
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Man this episode was hilarious, one of the funniest episodes all season just for the cosplaying. I wish the other filler episodes where funny like this.

Oh come on Mile, how could you get Tom-Yum-Goong's name completely wrong? Wait Mile is weird in general- Liking girls who are younger than him and all that. Now just what would his granddaughter think? Or what does Fuuro think if she's already aware? Also Mile is the second person who has a fondness for Joi and Junsa, the other two being Takeshi and Adeku (unless I missed someone).

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    On the impersonation contest; Out of all the impersonations appearance wise (not counting Reiji as he didn't dress-up as Junsa) I thought Dent was rather close to matching Kamitsure. It's his feminine body shape basically. Oh Mile that was just mean. I guess nobody would have gotten pass when imitating Kamitsure, no matter how good they were, by Mile's judging. If somebody else had been judging that round Dent definitely would have passed that round because he was great. The fact that Dent did a good job but didn't pass just because Mile was a huge Kamitsure fan so he couldn't help but be strict made the whole thing hilarious.
    I forgot to add that while I found it funny at the same time I felt sorry for Dent (if you didn't even feel slightly so then that's just mean). Especially when he was frantically asking what he was doing wrong - and it was nothing, Mile was just really strict - it's the worrying tone in his voice that did it. Dammit Mile, that would have possibly been the only good Kamitsure impersonation coming from a guy and yet your strictness is too strong. If I was a diehard fan of someone and someone else pulls off a great impersonation of them (looks and all) I would love it so I can't understand Mile's rejection.

Long story short, I found it to be a hilarious scene while feeling sorry for Dent at the same time. I realized If Dent did a terrible job impersonating Kamitsure the whole scenario wouldn't have been as hilarious as the rejection would have been typical.

Mile (don't know why I keep wanting to call him Miles...) is definitely one picky guy. He thought nothing wrong although weird about Stephan being Nurse Joy, letting him through. While being so picky about Dent who literally couldn't do any better than what he did.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

I can tell this episode will suck balls when it debuts U.S

This was just one of those episodes...where I had to comment on almost everything.

- Pfft, I like how Ash acknowledges that he's seen a Sawk already before dexing it. Such an obedient kid, embarassing himself just to waste screen time.
    - Dent doesn't believe in wishes because he doesn't need them.
    - Kenyan doesn't know the starter types. I bet As-HOLY CRAP even the reset Ashy boy knows! No wonder the kids who got it wrong are crying.
    - Crap. Brock would've been perfect for that Jenny/Joy question. I was even half expecting Ash to feel homesick.
    - The fishing sommelier rod should become an official game item.
    - Ash would've ragequit being pokemon master if the Pikachu he's had over 700 episodes evolved cuz some random kid threw a thunderstone at it.
    - Then again, he could just press the B button...
    - I bet Dent just carries a wonder launcher in his backpack for fun.
    - Honestly I thought the nevermeltice kid was a better attempt at cheating than the TwistedSpoon. Mile is just being a sad judge.
    - Nothing much to say about the generic water race with generic four places catch.
    - Ash as Alder is probably the most adorable thing.
    - Kenyan as Joy is probably the most disturbing thing.
    - Okay now Mile is just being a sad pervert. (Dent gets trolled. lol)
    - I've convinced myself that Dent just got rejected for being too fabulous.
    - I don't see why Kenyan and Ash are so tired. They walk like 16 hours a day, one of whom used to fall and climb out of pit traps on a daily basis.
    - I think this is the first time we've seen wild Litwick/Lampents/Chandelures who don't want to cremate our heroes into ashy bits.
    - Light Screen not working on Air Slash? Holy crap are the writers actually following the game?!
    - Yeah, that kid is annoying. The sad thing is I don't think he knows he's cheating. At least the episode isn't going on a "cheating is bad and you will not make friends" charade. Nope. Everyone was too focused on winning to care about today's COTD :3
    - Ash gets trolled. lol.
    - The guy who thought rock was a starter wins, cool.

This was just one of those episodes which was fun to commentate on. I liked it despite the overall pointlessness. Of course, pointless episodes can sometimes be the most enjoyable and I have to say this is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac
    JUST YOU WATCH. In BW2 Dento's going to give you an ULTRA SPARKLY FIBER GLASS ROD and with it you can catch LV. 90-100 Magikarps
    That sounds about right.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Quote Originally Posted by CupidKirby View Post
    - Light Screen not working on Air Slash? Holy crap are the writers actually following the game?!
    I hope they change the light screen to reflect in the dub, or say that air slash missed or something... It could happen, they corrected the Wing Attack error in the previous episode...

Also I want to see how Jason Griffith handles the crossdressing time

Black 2 FC: 1936 8543 0835
    Most of the time I will trade with Black 2.

[IMG]http://oi50.*******.com/rh4eme.jpg[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Challenges:

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64)

Japanese White 2 Team: *

English Black 2 Team: *

*MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ricedonut View Post
    I hope they change the light screen to reflect in the dub, or say that air slash missed or something... It could happen, they corrected the Wing Attack error in the previous episode...

Also I want to see how Jason Griffith handles the crossdressing time
    Well, correcting an error in the dub is still not correcting it in the original. The error remains.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Miles-"Well thats kinda disturbing" XD Poor Stephan.

BTW Anyone notice Brock's OS green vest in the cosplay clothes scene?
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/30xhlr6.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ArielSummer View Post
    Miles-"Well thats kinda disturbing" XD Poor Stephan.

BTW Anyone notice Brock's OS green vest in the cosplay clothes scene?
    Yes and Dawn's items too.

Woot! Another Don George Club Tournament! Nice. I'm sure liking Rival Destinies over BW season 1.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/30xhlr6.jpg[/IMG]

It was a good episode. Cilan and Stephan looked funny when they dressed up as girls. And the so-called psychic was flat-out cheating.

The next episode will start the Clubsplosion tournament arc, I'll look foward to that.

Question challenge: Were those people's first pokemon rock types or what?

Item challenge: Was that guy tring to make Pikachu evolve? newest Richu moment.

River race: All random trainers are out!

Insperation challenge: Seems like Cilain and Pansage was good to me.

Forrest race: i knew iris didn't get to the goal from the part where it looked like she did.

Tower race: I thought all of the candles were litwick, they are so dam alike. when i herd the word real, i was like "those were repulcas?"

Yeah wishing people get stephan's name right is a good idea.

I've been so busy this morning that I forgot Pokemon was on. Whaaaa!? Daily Motion, here I come.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 9
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Ahahaha!
    I laughed alot seeing Cilan dressed up as Elesa. XD

Why did they keep saying Mistralton Tower? I thought it was at Celestial Tower?

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 9
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

This episode was very, very funny in many aspects, especially Stephan wearing a drag.

Wonder what happened to Rickie? He simply disappeared just as fast as his candle was put out.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

LOLOLOL Ok I watched the dub. I burst out laughing.

Cilan: *talks as Elesa in normal voice* Today we'll make everyone dizzy (i can't remember what he said xD)
    Miles: *Buzzes him*
    Iris: I thought they were pretty good.

I burst out laughing. XD I was wanting to hear J. Griff sound more female...but I guess he couldn't. xDDD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

ahahaha, this was a well done episode, and i bursted out laughing so much
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

good episode but ricky was cheap sh*t and stefans win was bull.. cuz of that litwick lol

I didn't really have any expectations for this episode and thought this episode was be a bad filler. Of course, it turned out I was right in my opinion. I wished Ricky could have been disqualified seeing that the cheater always does. The fact that he didn't was a HUGE letdown.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

That episode was very hilarious. That Ricky should have been disqualified for cheating, but no.

Ricky didn't cheat. He thought he was using Psychic powers. That was the gag.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast