Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for thread skins

Default Ideas for thread skins

I know it's gonna take a while and we definitely wanna get the type skins done first, but wanted to throw out some ideas for additional skins.

Obviously we had the skins for each generation (RBY, GSC, RSE, FRLG, CXD, DPPt, HGSS, and we have BW already) - those were awesome and I'd say def bring them back somehow.

I guess everybody thought the contest skins were too plain and the general consensus is they likely won't be back - no biggie as I'm really excited to see how the type skins turn out.

I loved someone's idea as far as evil team skins went - did they have those last time? I don't remember, but one for each of the teams would be awesome.

I'm not gonna try and kid myself that a skin for each gym leader would be ridiculous, but maybe have a poll for the Top 5 or 10 gym leaders (the important ones like Brock, Misty, Surge, Striaton Triplets, Lenora, etc.) and the winners be made skins.

Lastly, for April Fool's day release skins for Pokemon knock-offs like Digimon, Dragon Warrior Monsters or Robopon. That'd be a hoot.

I hope this isn't too soon. Just throwing out some ideas
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

My mane pokeymanz in x
    facebook.com/geeksforjesus
    2ds friend code - 4613 7899 0504
    Looking for: purified shadow pokemon, pokemon in hg/ss exclusive pokeballs, y exclusive mega stones

Those are good ideas!

I think a retro Gen I-II skin would be a big hit with the elderly like me. It would be all pixel-ly and nostalgic! [/oldmanramble]

We need ones for all the villainous teams.
    I had some basic ideas:
    -Team Rocket (Black)(Giovanni, Mewtwo, and Grunts)
    -Team Magma (Black and Red)(Maxie, Grunts, and Groudon)
    -Team Aqua (Black and Blue)(Archie, Grunts, and Kyogre)
    -Team Galactic (Grey and Turquoise, I'm not sure)(Saturn, Mars, Jupiter, Cyrus, Dialga, Palkia, and maybe Giratina)
    -Team Plasma (White and Blue)(Reshiram and Zekrom, N, Ghetsis, and Grunts)

One of the biggest Gardevoir lovers you'll ever meet!
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

Spoiler:- Credits:

How about a Musical skin? Since we had a Contest one back then, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyGardevoir View Post
    We need ones for all the villainous teams.
    I had some basic ideas:
    -Team Rocket (Black)(Giovanni, Mewtwo, and Grunts)
    -Team Magma (Black and Red)(Maxie, Grunts, and Groudon)
    -Team Aqua (Black and Blue)(Archie, Grunts, and Kyogre)
    -Team Galactic (Grey and Turquoise, I'm not sure)(Saturn, Mars, Jupiter, Cyrus, Dialga, Palkia, and maybe Giratina)
    -Team Plasma (White and Blue)(Reshiram and Zekrom, N, Ghetsis, and Grunts)
    Like the ideas but I'd keep it focused on the grunts since the Pokemon will most likely have their own skins. We already have one for resh/zek, with the game ones the other version legendaries should come out soon enough, and I have a feeling a certain psychic cat might just make the Psychic type skin
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

My mane pokeymanz in x
    Looking for: purified shadow pokemon, pokemon in hg/ss exclusive pokeballs, y exclusive mega stones

Even though it would take a whole bunch of time, what about a skin for each Pokemon Family?
    Signiture Underconstruction

A skin for the Pokemon anime.

a skin that is entirely black and purple, but able to read indigo on.

seriously though, the above is quite serious the teams sound good.

btw, i wouldn't be complaining about the purple thing

I think that just having the type skins and skins for each generation/set of games would be pretty good. Already, that's about two dozen different skins.

Since the contest skins aren't making a comeback at all...

The Amity Square skin. The banner features Pikachu, Buneary, Torchic, Jigglypuff, and Skitty.
    The color of the skin is pink.

I love your ideas! If any a skin was made with these themes i would really love to see Platinum!

What about shiny versions of the type skins? I always see people (Hopelessly) voting for shiny pokemon to be featured on forum skins on the voting threads.
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by mario_fan View Post
    What about shiny versions of the type skins? I always see people (Hopelessly) voting for shiny pokemon to be featured on forum skins on the voting threads.
    No. Then they'd just be shiny pokemon skins and not for the types, which would result in endless "why isn't this pokemon a shiny skin?" threads.

I'd like to see some skins based off the movies.
    I think it would be neat and It would allow for some nice nostalgia blasts. :3

I think that we need a skins for each game/ game pairs (like the BW skin we already got). I don't think the remakes need theire own examples. (RB:Charizard/Blastoise - Y:Pikachu - GS: Lugia/Ho-oh - C: Suicune - RB: Kyogre/Groudon - E: Rayquaza - DP: Dialga/Palkia - Pt: Giratina)

I am not sure if it would be necessary, but a skin for each Gen would also be cool. Hopefully with the starters of each gen (GenI: Squirtle/Charmander/Bulbasaur - HenII: Totodile/Cyndaquil/Chikorita - GenIII: Mudkip/Torchick/Treeko - GenIV:Piplup/Chimchar/Turtwig - GenV:Oshawott/Tepig/Snivy)

I know this is a massive job, but a skin for each movies would also be really cool, hopefully with two pokemon from each movie (1:Mew/Mewtwo - 2:Lugia/Slowking(?) - 3:Entei/Unown - 4:Celebi/Suicune - 5:Latios/Latias - 6: Jirachi/Groudon - 7: Deoxys/Rayquaza - 8: Lucario/Mew - ):Manaphy/ Kyogre - 10: Darkrai/Palkia(?) - 11: Giratina/Shaymin -12: Arceus/Dialga(?) - 13: Zoroark/Celebi - 14:Victini/(Reshiram and/or Zekrom) - 15: Kyurem/ Keldeo)

Evil Team skins, with the boss and a central pokemon or another person connected to the team (Rocket:Giovanni/Silver - Magma:Maxie/Groudon - Aqua:Archie/Kyogre - Galactic:Cyrus/Giratina - Plasma:N/Ghetsis)

Other "random skins" (MD: Two random starter pokemons with scarfs - Anime: Ash/Pikachu - Pokemon Adventures:Yellow/Pikachu - Ranger:Minum/Plusle/Ukulele Pichu)

That is my ideas, I know that it is not a need for so many skins, but maybe some of them can become reality. (However I know the movie skins are extremely unlikely)
    Last edited by Endless; 23rd March 2012 at 5:56 PM.

What about steel/ ground theme. It should include pokemon like Metagross, Rypherior with like a volcanic/ mountainy background or will it be to similar to the current rock theme?

Also why not create a theme based around Volcarona, I think its colour scheme is very good and it is a butterfly or moth. A background featuring ruins may do it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by dildadonz View Post
    What about steel/ ground theme. It should include pokemon like Metagross, Rypherior with like a volcanic/ mountainy background or will it be to similar to the current rock theme?

Also why not create a theme based around Volcarona, I think its colour scheme is very good and it is a butterfly or moth. A background featuring ruins may do it justice.
    A Steel/Ground them like the Rock them? You mean do all the types instead of just some of them? AMAZING, it's like nobody thought about doing that years ago when we first had type styles.

And how about a theme for EVERY SINGLE POKEMON because I have plenty of time to spend making individual skins for every pokemon someone thinks would look good. The Fire and Bug threads were open, you had a chance to vote then.

How about a ranger/PMD skin?
    What if I told you that 2+2=10?

I really want one for each champion. And I would die for a Digimon skin. I would probably use it constantly because of the irony.

I would love a theme featuring the 3 legendary birds

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    And I would die for a Digimon skin. I would probably use it constantly because of the irony.
    Well if you're gonna die anyway, I don't really see the point

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Well if you're gonna die anyway, I don't really see the point
    I too would enjoy a Digimon skin but I would stay alive for it

My mane pokeymanz in x

A blue and gray skin with Empoleons all over the place! Now that's my style!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast