Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1288

Thread: New Styles

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    Change of plans in regards to the Ghost Type Skin. For the same reason I've changed pokemon in the past, I just can't get a colour scheme working that suits the pokemon in the banner. In this case, Dusclops. It's a nasty green/yellow-grey with cream and red. The colours just don't sit well. The previous Ghost type skin was.. well.. luminous purple. But I imagine that's the colour that people are going to think of when it comes to ghosts. I'll see how it plays out, but i'll likely be changing the pokemon in question to Gengar or Haunter, depends which looks best in the banner.
    Duskull won the poll didn't it? But anyway, I'm sure Gengar/Haunter will look good. Though I was looking forward to Duskull :<

Claims: Gardevoir and Lulu(FFX)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    Duskull won the poll didn't it? But anyway, I'm sure Gengar/Haunter will look good. Though I was looking forward to Duskull :<
    Yes it did, but I stated in every single vote thread the following:

The final decision rests with me, but the only reason a pokemon wont be used is it the style just doesn't suit its colours

Gengar was 2nd, haunter was 3rd. I've done the banner, and It's going to be Gengar. There are already two greyish themes (Rock and Steel), but only one purple (Poison). I'll see how much of it I can get done tomorrow, so it should go live by the middle of next week. Then we'll be on the home straight with two of the hardest skin to get done (Normal and Water).

I'm also going to be making a new Discussion Thread soon to see what other skins members would be interested in having. So if you have ideas, or thoughts on what you'd like featured as skin, then keep an eye out for that.

Banner Count: 12

I just started using the Steel Skin...I love it Razor. I loved Dragon but I love Steel even more. Keep up the good work, can't wait to seeGhost and Water come out~

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

The final decision rests with me, but the only reason a pokemon wont be used is it the style just doesn't suit its colours

Gengar was 2nd, haunter was 3rd. I've done the banner, and It's going to be Gengar. There are already two greyish themes (Rock and Steel), but only one purple (Poison). I'll see how much of it I can get done tomorrow, so it should go live by the middle of next week. Then we'll be on the home straight with two of the hardest skin to get done (Normal and Water).

I'm also going to be making a new Discussion Thread soon to see what other skins members would be interested in having. So if you have ideas, or thoughts on what you'd like featured as skin, then keep an eye out for that.
    I mentioned Duskull since:

Change of plans in regards to the Ghost Type Skin. For the same reason I've changed pokemon in the past, I just can't get a colour scheme working that suits the pokemon in the banner. In this case, Dusclops. It's a nasty green/yellow-grey with cream and red. The colours just don't sit well. The previous Ghost type skin was.. well.. luminous purple. But I imagine that's the colour that people are going to think of when it comes to ghosts. I'll see how it plays out, but i'll likely be changing the pokemon in question to Gengar or Haunter, depends which looks best in the banner.
    It just confused me at first is all, but I get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    I mentioned Duskull since:
    It just confused me at first is all, but I get it now.
    Ah yeas. My bad, mixed the evos up.

Gengar? Ah. No need to have two pokemon with skulls in their design be in though, well imo.

Random : PokéRadar

If you don't mind me asking, what makes those 2 more difficult than any others?
    I could've sworn there already was a thread like that a while ago, around the same time as the polls. Doesn't matter, and under no circumstance am I asking you to go search for it. I'll just post my ideas again. (Assuming I remember them, but most likely somebody will, if not me)
    What if I told you that 2+2=10?

Quote Originally Posted by justinpg View Post

I could've sworn there already was a thread like that a while ago, around the same time as the polls. Doesn't matter, and under no circumstance am I asking you to go search for it. I'll just post my ideas again. (Assuming I remember them, but most likely somebody will, if not me)
    It's the first post on this page.

Quote Originally Posted by justinpg View Post
    Water is the type that people ask about the most and complain about it not being available the most. Whilst I don't understand how people can want to use a type beore they know what it looks like, I want to make sure that it's the best I can make it before it goes live.

Normal is one of the favoured skins from the old set, because it had pokemon on it, but was also almost completely white. I want the new Normal theme to reflect that minimalist look, but making sure it's like that is going to be hard (and may force me to change pokemon again, depends on how it goes).

I can imagine Gengar going with the Purple theme for Ghost. Who is the Pokemon for the Water Theme again?
    FC: 0232-9161-0856
    Friend Safari:
    Mankey, Pancham, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas121419 View Post
    I can imagine Gengar going with the Purple theme for Ghost. Who is the Pokemon for the Water Theme again?
    Blastoise won the Water poll.

Ghost Type is live!

Initial thoughts, it seems pretty nicely done, this skin. Similar purples are different enough to not blend into one another and not hurt the eyes, and oes well with the text and options for editing posts, etc as well. Nice red thread reply buttons too. =)

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

There's red dotted throughout the skin. Aside from the obvious Reply Buttons and the Footer, the pop-up menus (Nav bar and Inline Modding bar) have Red when you hover over the links.

Wow....my favorite skin so far is now Ghost (kinda wish it had Duskull still) but the skin looks amazing, great jot RaZoR LeAf.

comparing this to the poison skin, this skin is a lot better. Mostly because i can actually read what people are saying on this skin

on poison, its hard to read the black font on the purple background.

Cant wait to see what ground looks like.
    Last edited by pikasaur; 5th October 2012 at 4:20 PM.

Good timing with Hallowe'en at the end of this month. Skin looks great RL, nice and spooky.

Blimey, only three to go.
    Former OSL Water Gym Leader, PASBL League Official, TL6, A- Ref, Dark Gym Leader, Fizzy Bubbles

Random arts by DaisyInari

Feel like a different style of battling? Where your Charizard isn't useless
    because your opponent has Stealth Rock up? Why not check out the:

Pokémon Animé Style Battling League!

ASB has it's own subforum where you can can start with a basic squad of whatever
    first-stage Pokémon you want, and work your way up! Not sure how to begin?
    We have a Getting Started thread that covers the basics, plus you can ask for help in our Time Out Chat Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post
    comparing this to the poison skin, this skin is a lot better. Mostly because i can actually read what people are saying on this skin

on poison, its hard to read the black font on the purple background.

Cant wait to see what ground looks like.
    I'm going to fix that at some point.

What's left? Just water, normal, and ground? Who won the polls for those?

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

I love the new Ghost skin. The banner is probably my favorite banner yet.

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    What's left? Just water, normal, and ground? Who won the polls for those?
    Luvdisc, Bidoof and Sunfisk

Yeahhhhhhh Stunfisk!
    Former OSL Water Gym Leader, PASBL League Official, TL6, A- Ref, Dark Gym Leader, Fizzy Bubbles

Random arts by DaisyInari

Feel like a different style of battling? Where your Charizard isn't useless
    because your opponent has Stealth Rock up? Why not check out the:

Pokémon Animé Style Battling League!

ASB has it's own subforum where you can can start with a basic squad of whatever
    first-stage Pokémon you want, and work your way up! Not sure how to begin?
    We have a Getting Started thread that covers the basics, plus you can ask for help in our Time Out Chat Thread.

Huh, I didn't know Ghost was live. It's sick, the banner is magnificent too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Huh, I didn't know Ghost was live. It's sick, the banner is magnificent too.
    It's only been live for two hours, you're forgiven for not being online and watching this topic for regular updates during that period. But in future, I want you here constantly refreshing for the next skin. No excuses.

Great job on the ghost banner, wicked nice. I like the touch of red in the skin too, makes it seem menacing (:

^Click it!^

Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast