Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Did You Use Your Starter?

Cool Did You Use Your Starter?

So the question is, "Did you use your Starter?" (Snivy, Tepig, or Oshawott)
    "Did you continue to use it in the game", or "Are you still using it?"
    Also, please explain your reasoning!

Up until after I beat the game, after that it went into the box, I havent taken it out in the 550-some hours since I finished the game.
    Shinies MMed: 55 Eggs

^Credit to MagicMochi for this great sprite^

Those who have crossed
    With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
    Remember us-if at all-not as lost
    Violent souls, but only
    As the hollow men
    The stuffed men.
    ~Excerpt from The Hollow Men

I always use my starters even after beating the elite four until they reach their max level
    My Platinum Team:-

Pokemon Diamond FC
    Pokemon Platinum FC
    Pokemon Black FC (Main Game)
    Pokemon White FC
    IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A CLONER THEN LOOK NO FURTHER,I CAN CLONE EVENTS/SHINIES/DW POKEMON .... IT'S UP TO YOU,DON'T HESITATE TO ASK ME

Yes. I always build my story team around my starter.

Yes but not after E-1337
    But you have to admit, for a part-time Nazi

He's freaking hot.

I always use my starter throughout the game. It's the best of it's type you will receive until much later in the game and it's also one of the first Pokemon I see for the game so even if I disliked them at first, I'll have gotten over it by the time the game comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Yep, mostly because there aren't many good water types in B&W up until later.

I used to wonder what McDonalds could be - until you shared your ketchup with me
    Big hamburger, tonnes of fries, a beautiful tray, milkshakes with straws, sharing nuggets is an easy feat
    And this ketchup makes it all complete!

I used my Tepig until I got to daycare where I hatched myself a shiny one then continued with him! I usually always keep with my starter though.
    Pokemon Black 2

Masuda

Random
    x2x2

Resets

Pokemon Y - 3DS Friend Code - 0731-6148-7742
    Safari Pokemon - Fraxure, Noibat, Druddigon

In white version i stuck to Samurott until he was level 71 but I really don't know why...
    In black version I have my Surperior which is nicknamed Kyle and is at level 70.
    Fan of Pokemon and South Park!

Yup.I always use my starters every where.
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

In any Pokemon game I'm using my starter and keep it throughout the whole game, building the rest of my team around it, and Black is no exception to this rule. Why? First, because I like it and also because (in this case) Samurott is a quite powerful water-type.

Chose Tepig and use him through the whole game. After I beat the Elite Four (1st Round) He went straight to the PC ^^; Though I do use him time to time in the Subway, but very rarely I do.

Reasons I used him through the Game. Was the fact he was my Poke to slow down those fast little SOB in the game XD BullDoze spam all the way, then I use flame charge to really spread a gap between him and my oppnent and sweep like crazy ^^ It worked for a bit till the 2nd round of the Elite Four. Since there levels went up and he just couldn't keep up with them I guess. Though I like the BullDoze, Flame Charge Combo. It works so well. Also my Tepig also knew grass knot so he could deal with those water and ground types.

Although in past gens, I kept them though out the whole game period. They just seem to be better than the 5th Gen guys I guess...
    Proud to be Apart of the Hoenn League Land Sector

Credit goes to sworn metalhead of dćdric design

[Check the Clan out Today] - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Hoenn-Triangle

Pokemon Black II FC / RedAce 2280 4499 3152
    Pokemon Black Y FC / RedAce 2595 1158 0379

I did use my starters when playing through the storyline in the game. But once I had finished the Pokedex and my teams had reached level 80, I boxed them and haven't used them since then.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

Yup, I've used my starter (Tepig) since I chose it. I generally like having my starter on my team.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

Yes, I did use my starter (Oshawott in White and Tepig in Black) during the game. I haven't had much use for my starter after the main game, though, but I still often carry it around.

First time playing I kept tepig the whole game. Second time playing boxed snivy after 5th gym. 3rd time playing kept samurott whole game. And this game I ditched tepid when I got a shiny litwick
    Alex 3368-2044-7466 3DS friend code

Used it until i bet the elite 4 then traded it away for a Celebi

I still have my serperior in my party. i haven't played white in like ever though.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

I carry my starter around post-main game mainly because they have sentimental value, I suppose? I get attached to some pokemon after using them for a while; they just seem sort of... Familiar, I guess.

I used to wonder what McDonalds could be - until you shared your ketchup with me
    Big hamburger, tonnes of fries, a beautiful tray, milkshakes with straws, sharing nuggets is an easy feat
    And this ketchup makes it all complete!

I picked Tepig and dropped it off in the box as soon as I was able to get a Darumakka at route 4. On the trip there, I neglected it and only really used it for backup while training my munna and piplup (if I used it all, can't really remember as it was about a year ago...)
    PM or VM me for more trade info

I did, but I got a better Water Typre then Samurott

Until I played Black I had never so much as considered dumping my starter when it comes to in game battles. When I played Black I wanted to do a mono-type run and went with bug, obviously my tepig didn't fit the criteria.
    3ds friend code: 1907-8078-2974
    My friend safari has pachirisu, electabuzz, and galvantula. Send a message if you want to exchange friend code for that.

Latest shiny: Petilil
    Method: MM
    Date: 2-17-14

Total eggs hatched in current multihunt: 2,465 (I should probably finish hatching these soon, the poor dears have been in their eggs for a while.)
        Spoiler:- Current MM targets::

Random encounter shinies:

Pidgey (failed), Starly, Scyther, Starly, Pachirisu, Graveler, Stunfisk, Litwick, Woobat, Haunter, Hoppip, Nidoran♂, Weepinbell, Weepinbell, Axew

Masuda method shinies:

Munna (2086)
    Petilil (6)

I used my Serperior in Black, but only because Black was my first game of Gen V so I didn't have another game to trade a team over. I don't use my starter anymore now that I have a better team.

In White, I dumped my starter before the second Gym since I traded a team over from Black.

I constantly always use my starter in the run-throughs of Pokemon B&W. Unlike other games though, I use them alongside the Elemental monkies to make the game easier to go through and battling so much easier. I don't think there has ever been a time that I don't use my Starter all the way through in-game.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

I usually solo the game with my starter and then put it in my box after that.
    3DS FC:1848 2955 3635 IGN: Cannibal

Free Pokemon for you! =D
    No longer taking RNG requests at the moment; too busy squeeing over X and Y. x)

I can breed in English and German in Kalos. ;o

2/23/2014: National Pokedex completed! =D

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast