Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Did You Use Your Starter?

I had to keep my starter, Snivy, all the way through, he was the one I could rely on most, even through the Elite Four with an underpowered team, thankfully EV training him in attack was easy considering Sandile is susceptible to grass attacks, I littered Route 4 with their fainted bodies, he was the first one to receive all his EVs out of my standard team. The other half of his training was in speed, he's at Level 55 with a speed of 173 compared to my Level 58 Zekrom with a speed of 134, and my Level 57 Cobalion with a speed of 149... He's almost guaranteed to strike first even against almost all of the Level 65-75 Pokemon post-Elite Four...

Needless to say, my Serperior named Doja has been with me from the start and he will be with me at the end, and maybe his offspring will be with me at the beginning of BW2 :P
    Dinosaurs are a lie used to cover the existence of pokemon...

I used my Oshawott my first time through White, but I've only used my starter once out of my seven runs through Black.

My starter is my main Pokémon for all of my games. The only time I didn't use my starter was in LeafGreen. My starter was Ivysaur at the time and I was training my Spearow. Somehow I became attached to it and decided to go with it instead of the Ivysaur. To give my Fearow credit it was actually a very good Pokémon.

I used the starter in Black because he was my HM slame....samurott is an awesome HM slave, Cut, Strength, Surf, Waterfall or Dive. Although not necessary in black.
    FC Black: 4985 9301 0991

Trading for shinies, and DW females i don't have.

5th Gen is the first gen where I didn't use a starter. I opted out because Oshawott is the only cool one to me and I don't like it's evolutions. I have used the starters from 1st to 4th gen though.

I'm kinda nostalgic when it comes to my starters. In-game, I always use them, always have, always will. They are always used even post game. To top it off, there are 2 levels higher than that version's legendary, who is 1 level higher than all of my other pokemon. Ya, i'm weird like this. I also don't really restart pokemon games, so I'm not sure if i'd use them the second time around or not.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2279 6041 6159

Yeah I stick with my starter even after the E4. I would feel bad if I just left it on the PC if he has been the one there with me on my adventure through the region.

Quote Originally Posted by Whimsicotton View Post
    I carry my starter around post-main game mainly because they have sentimental value, I suppose? I get attached to some pokemon after using them for a while; they just seem sort of... Familiar, I guess.
    I agree with Whimsicotton. I always kept my starter ever since I played Pokemon. (I already played Emerald, LeafGreen and Black). And I dunno but I always pick water-type starters.

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they speak."

~~~Black FC: 0175 6765 7656~~~
    ~~~X FC: 0259 1258 2670~~~

Of course I used my starter's. Serperior was definatly superior to my othr pokmon.
    "Success is like pregnancy, everybody congratulates you, but nobody knows how many times you got ****ed, to achieve it." -stonewall008
    "Go Teemo! Wait, what am I saying? Go Anivia! Because **** Teemo! -stonewall008
    Singed: Chill people are people for a reson and thats is because they suck.

Crystal Team : Flame Dog lvl 14 Andrew lvl 11 Jared lvl 10
    http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...f1106650123647
    http://plug.dj/serebii-fourms-pokemon-1/ Come Serebii members, share your taste of music to all!

Uhm, yeah. Gay Bacon is my teams powerhouse.

i did but then when i had beaten the game i decided i didnt want a farting pig on my team anymore cos its too slow but i still use it the occasional time
    SIGNATURE? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT

[COLOR=WHITE][B]3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    Ground FS: Camerupt, Phanpy and Diggersby. If you want to add me, VM me and tell me what's in your FS.

I used my snivy until shortly after I beat the elite 4. I still use Serperior once in a while but I like to try train my other pokemon after I beat the elite 4.
    My team in Heartgold :
    My Platium team:

My shinys: and (In Black), (In Heartgold) and (In Platinum)

Of course. My starter is always a valuable part of my team in any of my Pokémon games.
        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Teams & Video Game Identities:

Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I always used my starter for the entire time I am playing the game. However, I am ready to pc it for good, now that I have a Charazard and it's almost at a good level to hold its own.
    WHITE FC- 4126 9950 5486

My DWF (All up for trade and UT! PM Me):

The first playthrough, I used WaterOtter (forgot the real name, but not the nickname I gave him lol) but I just restarted and I ditched Tepig because I didn't feel like restarting for a good nature. With the past two gens, I'm starting to like the starters less.

I usually do keep my starter in every Pokemon game... except Pokemon White. I started with Snivy and evolved it into Servine but I could never really get into using it so I caught a bunch of Pokemon for my team and I put Servine right into my PC. It's still a Servine too, I kind of feel bad. But I honestly can't get into using any of the 5th Gen starters...
    Shinies~

RE: (Female)

MM:
    Honedge: 843 Eggs

FS:

Chain:

Other: (Event) (Event) (Friend) (Friend) (Friend)

I don't think mine's ever left my team. My Samurott is a beast. Last night on random matchup, it survived a dragon gem Outrage from a Garchomp, and took it down with ice beam. Then the person I beat ragequitted -.-

You know what not to do.

I used it in my playthrough but now it just stays in my box as it isn't EV trained and I have lots of better Pokemon. I have been thinking about making a Trick Room team though and if I did that I could retrain the Pokemon I chose (Emboar) and nickname it the same thing, and then use it on that team
    im not sure about anything

I start off keeping my starter, but then I get bored of it and don't use it after that. Then I get bored of my team and start again, it's ridiculous.......

Credit goes to Shade2000 for this amazing banner!!

Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

Typically throughout the game, I have my starter in my team at all times. However, there are times where I have decided to replace it with another Pokemon.

I used it, and I use it. It's my strongest Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chu Chu Jelly View Post
    mods are like the animals at the zoo. fun observe and sometimes throw peanuts at. some of them are even scary at first but after going back and seeing them a few times you realize that they arent. you even realize that some of them may be painfully boring.

I love my starter Pokemon!I always use it when facing the Elite Four and it was the third Pokemon I got to Level 100.I chose Snivy over the others because I had reset the game twice and played with Tepig and Oshawott and I thought,''Why not try Snivy,doofus?'',and I chose it and I love it for it's mad speed.And because it's a snake.I didn't choose Turtwig in D/P though;I chose Chimchar because I liked the Fire/Fighting type it would become when it evolved into Monferno.I then transferred it to White at Lv89
    Last edited by JustifiedTerrakion; 15th March 2012 at 10:10 PM.

I only use my Starter Pokemon in my main Black version. In my other Black version and White version, I use Pokemon that I've caught and raised. The reason being that I dislike the Starters in this generation, except Oshawott, but I've already used the Oshawott evolutionary line many times.

I used two, actually. My starter was Tepig, but I transferred an Oshawott to my game, too. I really liked the look of both of them.

Nope i dont use my starters each game ussually has a nice psychic in the begging or if i can i transfer/trade and never touch them unless i use them for the hm.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast