Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Did You Use Your Starter?

I always use my starter, Samurott defeated that pesky Hydreigon.

Yes, actually. Until Oshawott's evolutionary line in Gen 5, I've never liked a starter enough to use it in my team. But I got an Oshawott, evolved it all the way to a Samurott (my favorite Pokemon, now), and it's the leader of my team. Kinda weird though, seeing as though I've NEVER used a starter, before.
    "Warriors take chances. Like everyone else, they fear failing, but they refuse to let fear control them."

White 2 FC: 2366 5104 6232

I tend to always keep my starter in my party. I grow attached to them, and all the starters are typically pretty powerful, so they're useful, too!
    "When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies."
    - James Matthew Barrie (Peter Pan)

My team is in my sig. I use my starter because it is powerful, and is the first pokemon I got.

My Pokémon Omega Ruby Team:

[Raven] : [Neptune] : [Simba] : [Dubai] : [Zelda] : [Brutus]
    3DS Friend Code:
    2938-8044-3384

I did. My starter was Tepig who after being able to destroy everything with Flare Blitz, Head Smash and Wild Charge left me with only one regret...wishing they had released it with the DW ability.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

I have played through three times, each using a different starter.

Oshawott- That thing was my best friend. He was awesome.

Tepig- Still, I kept it and its still awesome.

Snivy- After the second gym, I chucked it into the box and grabbed a Petlil. Seriously, it was the weakest thing ever.

I didn't, but I'm thinking of restarting my White soon and I plan on using Oshawott all the way through.

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

So far I have used my starter on every playthrough of black and white.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I did the same thing I do in every Pokemon game since gen 3 -- Beat the game with that and my in-game team, then start building competitive and Battle Frontier/Subway teams.
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

I only used my starter throughout the initial playthrough. The moment I beat the elite four, I put him into the labyrinth of my PC and never pay heed to it because I always seem to gain a liking for the underrated or rare pokemon and remake my team entirely.
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams. If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Must have Pokemon in every one of my teams: Linoone. Most people use it as an HM slave, but give me a belly drum and focus sash, and even Red runs at the sight! All that aside, their freaking awesome ^^

I have my Emboar at level 85, but i don't use him much anymore.
    White FC: 0261-2454-8369

3DS FC: 2664-2122-1495

Now Playing: SoulSilver (Restarted, Goldenrod city) White (Going for all legendaries and complete dex)

Current Pokedex: 436/503

Searching for:

Offering: and any starter, Magby, Elekid, Larvitar, Beldum, Bagon (After i breed), Pidgey, basically most breedable pokemon. I also have a level 100 Charizard, Manaphy, Phione, and Thundurus.

I can trade any starter. If interested, PM me.

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too!

In my current play through, I'm using my starter, Emboar, which is an absolute beast! I used him all the time at the start, not so much in the middle, and now evenly with everyone else, he's still a beast though

Credit goes to Shade2000 for this amazing banner!!

Friend Codes:

White: 3783 6019 7192
    3DS: 1719 4033 7064

(I give a normal type friend zone with Kecleon, Dunsparce and Chansey, pm me your friend code so that I can add you too!)

I use my Samurott sometimes. But Emboar just sucks...

Banner credit to The Sloth

I used my Serperior in White. It's beast!

Yes although i wished i gave my emboar more attention, he got weak by the end of the game
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I didn't use my starter after I beat white the first time.Now he's just in my pc never being used.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

I haven't been using my starters a lot after I beat the E4, because the trainers pokemon have higher lvs than my pokemon, so I have to use the reshiram or zekrom, until the rest of my pokemon catch up

I Played with my starter (Tepig) through the game.
    But now I don't use it anymore because I use my Team from Emerald in every new game.
    Sorry if my English isn't good. I'm Dutch.

I used my Samurott throughout the game. He's still with me in the post-game.

For white i have Tepig. I ditched him when it got to lvl 54. But like 4 months later i decided to max it. And i made the mistake of picking Snivy on Black. I ditched it at like lvl 21 after i traded over better pokemon. Worst starter ever lol

I usually like to play once or twice without my starter, but I just cannot decide which Pokemon to use instead. So every time I have played, I wound up keeping--and getting attached to--my starter Pokemon. I will have to give it a go without. Maybe when the new games are released, I will try it.
    ***New Signature To Come***

The starters were a bit...lackluster in my opinion this time around, but I used Samurott up and through the elite four until I got my mains from Diamond/Platinum etc. then it went in the box just b/c it wasn't the best. I didn't have a good team in White at all and Samurott, though I love it, just didn't have a good run
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

I took the time and effort to get all the start Pokémon from the beginning (been doing this ever since Sapphire). I ended up putting my Samurott in the box and leaving it there...but the other two are in use a lot.

Serperior was probably the best performing pokemon during the story, especially as a Servine. Still find it very reliable
    1st X run:

I have my Serperior in the box where it has been since I beat the Elite Four and the Champion. It's not that I dont like it but I just made way for stronger Pokemon.
    Pokemon Black FC: 0046 5510 3591

Pokemon White 2 FC: 0390 6807 1811

Pokemon (Black) I need:
        Spoiler:- Johto:

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast