Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Did You Use Your Starter?

Why of course! I never get rid of my starter.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

The only game I didn't use my starter in was White 2, because I'd used all of the starters many times. Other than that, I always use mine.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Yes. They have sentimental value to me in some weird way. Since I start my journey with them it feels wrong not taking them along with me.
    Pokemon Platinum

Badges: 4

I always use mine unless I am doing some sort of special team run, like I am doing in White 2 with a randomly chosen team. It does feel kind of weird to me to leave a low-level starter in the PC for a whole game.

No. Personally the 5th gen pokémon never caught my eye so I just trade it or leave it at my box since LvL 1 >.<

Judging from how in my previous games, I've kept all my starters, so chances are very high I'm keeping my Samurott after I beat the Elite Four. I find it odd to stop using the one Pokémon you've had since the very beginning. And Samurott's actually been growing pretty well, better than I expected. I'm not very efficient when it comes to stats and natures/abilities, but Samurott can stand for itself in tough places, so I expect to keep it for the whole gameplay.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I'm not into the whole competitive battling as other people are, so I always keep my starter at all times. Unless I'm just training other Pokemon at the time, but my starter is always my favorite.

yup! especially Serperior.

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

3DS FC- 4141-3093-5467

FS- Flying Safari- Hawlucha,Woobat,Spearow

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

I used my oshawott and snivy up till postgame, serperior was immediately boxed, while Samurott was used for a while longer.
    I chose tepig in my white 2, was boxed when it was evolved and i got volcarona
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

I try to, as long as they're somewhat useful. I've tried Samurott and Emboar this generation and both are decent, even towards the Elite Four. Haven't tried Serperior - don't really fancy its barren movepool and sub-par attacking stats.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

I used my Tepig for the main story but hes been in my box since the elite four, mostly because I transferred all my Pokemon from my 4th gen games into Black.
    Black 2 friend code: 2065-7310-3529
    Black friend code: 0390-2794-7640
    3DS friend code: 0774-4855-2711

I always fancied my starters, and always had at least one in my party, usually empoleon or serperior

I always use my starter. I grow really attached to them over the course of the story

I always have my starter on every team of mine

In this case, Serperior (B) and Samurott (W)
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

I really hated all of the starters in this Gen, at every single stage. I begrudgingly picked Tepig because I wasn't impressed with the other fire types in this Gen and they were far and few between.
    As soon as I could trade in previous Gen pokemon I did. I used him to get through the Elite 4 and then I dropped him.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Yes. I though about not using it, but it just seems weird for me to see a team without any starter
    Friend Safari
    Type: Poison
    Pokémon: Venomoth, Gloom, Drapion
    FC: 3969-5407-3750
    If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back

Starter has always been my main Pokemon. Tepig was my starter in White, and Oshawott was my starter in Black 2. I've always had a fancy for the Fire and Water starters.

not my official starter, but i did use my venusaur as soon as i got him.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

In all previous games I've always had my original starter in the team, but in White I put my Serperior in the box at around lv 38-40 and found other Pokemon to get me through the game.

I kinda like the starters but I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE Tepig in all its forms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I always use my starter until the end of the game, at which point I'll switch for ANY starter. I always like to have a starter on a team, but to date, Mudkip --> Swampert is my favorite. And that is who normally ends up on my post-game team.
    Pokemon Y

Y FRIEND CODE: 4554-0034-8530
    CURRENTLY: Breeding and Trading for Competitive Pokemon
    My Friend Safari is GRASS with SIMISAGE / PETLIL / QUILLADIN
    BLACK 2 FRIEND CODE: 1464-5211-3970

Yeah I did in white 2 all the way through, sick or unova starters already though -_- so I probably won't be starting new games

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Of course. My starter whoever it may be is and will always be part of my team, unless it's not really that good in the end but I did.

I chose Tepig as my starter, and used it through the entire game (: I even use it on my one of my BW Competitive Teams as well! It's good thing it has an Adamant Nature and some good IVs! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

I always use my starter from begining to end inless it has really low stats.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast