Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Did You Use Your Starter?

Yes I did. I never get rid of my starters because they always have a special meaning to me. The very first Pokemon you get in any game is always a bit more special than the others.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Lately I've been making teams using all three starters. So yes. I tend to keep them on me
    New Sig Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem1013 View Post
    I picked Tepig and dropped it off in the box as soon as I was able to get a Darumakka at route 4. On the trip there.
    That is smart, because I did that too. 5th gen starters sucks physically.

"It's not god the people fear; people's fear is God."

I keep it with me even after the story is complete, usually because it is one of my highest level pokemon. Never in serious competitive play though.
    Pokemon White2 Friend Code: 2452 2461 5266
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used Emboar in Black and it was... bad. I used all of the other Pokemon on my team.
    When I got Black2, I got Tepig again. Then I put it in the PC and haven't used it since. I sent over a Torchic Egg as a replacement.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Until Unova, I left my starter in the box after catching my favorite Pokemon of the region, but how can I do that in Unova? - Oshy's evolve form, Dewott, is my 4th favorite Pokemon, no way I was getting rid of him. After my two Oshy's evolved they were rewarded with an everstone.

When I first played Black 2, he evolved all the way to Samurott. After 8 months of playing it, beaten the elite 4, I bought White, and wanted to have both Oshawott (actually Dewott) and Snivy in the same team, so I restarted my game, traded Oshawott, and restarted that game again. - on both games, I'm at the Elite 4 again.

In both games Dewott my starter in Black 2, and Dewott/Serperior starters in White aren't the strongest Pokemon (starter in both games are at high 50's), that job belongs to my normal type and one of my favorite Watchog (she is 10 levels higher than everyone else [68 in Black2 and 72 in White]).
    Last edited by LiepardTrainer; 2nd March 2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: left out a word
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Pokemon Y IGN: Maria
    Steel Safari Pokemon: Magneton Skarmory, and Excadrill

Emboar is honestly pretty good in Black 2...

Ialways make a female one, and I use it as a main part of my team.

It doesnt matter what Pokemon game I play, I always use my Starter. Squirtle was always my fav up until Tepig came along in Unova. I had an instant love for this little porker. I've always used Tepig, Pignite and Finally Emboar in my BW/BW2 teams. He makes a great offensive addition to any story team.
    Black 2 FC: 4728 7067 7735

I have my own trade shop. Please visit!

All my shop artwork was made by chrishastie. Awesome. Immortalized through signature!

I kept my starter throughout the main game until I got to the poketransfer. From there I transfered my Pikachu (first lvl 100 pokemon) from Leafgreen/Soulsilver and built a second team around him.

In Black, Emboar got me through the Elite Four, it was grinding him that made it all possible haha. In Black 2 though, I planned out my team of Arcanine, Lucario, Magnezone, Lilligant, Flygon and Samurott, with all the move sets, even got good natures on all of them and tbh, the whole time he felt like the dead weight of the team.
    im not sure about anything

Yes I used my starter. In Black a chosse snivy (who was female so yay!) She was fast and I have to say she saved my butt quite often in the game; surviving to the red zone of her hp and than her Overgrow kicked in and her next attack whould faint the foe's Pokemon.

Yes I did. As terrible as Emboar was I used it.

Used my starter in both games. I rarely like to dump my starter. I like Serperior,so I used it in White.

Yes I did. I liked Samurott quite alot actually, and he was pretty useful for my team. At the end of the game, when I had to clear out a teamspot for Zekrom, I didn't even consider him as one of the options to loose a spot
    I can smell u

Heck Yeah! Samurott was the first pne i lleved up to 100 cuz i liked him so much
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/no61ic.jpg[/IMG]

Credits to FairyWitch for the buttons and Sworn Metalhead for the Userbar!

Of course I did. I solo ran most of my white with Snivy. I planned to do a solo run with him but that took too long by the time I got to mistralon. So I got a Victini and an Audino and sped through the game so I could finish before BW2 came out.

Well duh .-. And i ONLY use my starter. I just have others to protect Samurott in both Black 1 and White 2. I dont use anything else for battles. Only to heal her ^-^

Yes. I started with Snivy. I simply love this pokemon! This time in my party I used all of the starters because I wanted to try all of them but Snivy is still my favorite. <3
    3DS friend code:1048-8039-5188

Pre-league, yes. Post-league, I always find replacements for it, so nope.

My Samurott wasn't bad until I got to the elite 4 with some buffed up new Pokemon, I didn't use him much then because he wasn't SE against any of the main types. However he is pretty good at owning that pesky chandelure.
    I am... Back from the Beyond. Up, down and all around. I am... Right behind you.

My 5th Gen team:

Let's Play Gen 3!

Emerald Team:

FireRed Team:

I always use my starter pokemon.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

I always use it the first time around. I never get rid of it! Hahah
    It's the 2nd+ playthroughs I consider releasing them
    I have used all three, and, even though I love Samurott, I think Emboar was best (he knew better moves!)
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

I can never refrain from using my starter, I've never left it unused. It's like I develop this weird bond with it.
    [IMG]http://oi48.*******.com/30rslyh.jpg[/IMG]

I always use starters, but this generation of starters have been really lackluster. Their move pool is just weak in my opinion, and it would have been awesome to have Serperior be more offensive with some actual useable moves.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast