Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Did You Use Your Starter?

Used mine till i beat E4 the first time then he became a slave now he sits in a box.(Oshawott)
    Black FC: 5415 9915 9793
    Black2 FC: Milling events
    X Friend code: ZK2Z-U9WG-JALB-WJBE
    3ds Friend code: 4270-0846-6137

Pokedex is 645/645 Need Manaphy Shaymin Victini Keldeo

I'm surprised to see how many people here do use their starters. I am as well (tepig) and will continue to do so until I beat the Elite 4. It's likely I'll swap out my entire team post-League play (not that I really know what's available post-League) as I'll be trying to complete my pokedex and I'll likely be going to the early areas so I can evolve my pokemon (I could do the "have it start with and then swap it out" route. We'll have to see how it goes).

For me tepig is the heart of the team. There are most likely countless compositions a team could have. My aim is to get one that can handle any pokemon that gets thrown at them. Having to start somewhere, I start with my starter pokemon (last time it was charmander, now it's tepig) just so I have a starting point and then move on from there. It certainly helps that tepig will evolve into a fire/fighter pokemon. That ticks a lot of boxes for me (including steel and normal pokemon).
    Last edited by JohnLynch; 5th April 2013 at 11:12 PM.
    Black FC: 5373 0752 0865

Pokemon Black Team

i always use them until i beat elite 4 (except nuzlockes where i lose it fairly early on). i just feel attached to it, because i started off with it. i know they aren't amazing, but they are okay in the games. this gen's starters are pretty weak, but i like the pokemon i start with. i used tepig, because it seemed to be the one everyone wasn't using (at least amongst my friends). i wanted to be different and it looked powerful.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Whimsicotton View Post
    Yep, mostly because there aren't many good water types in B&W up until later.
    Very true. IN black and white 2 there is some water types even early in the game but in both playthroughs of black 2, all my 4 playthroughs (Im on the 3rd gym in 4th so far) I used my starter! All the way through the game! STARTERS!

I usually use my starter for the full game and post-game. But in Black 2, I boxed Samurott before the E4 in favour of Keldeo. This is the first time I did that.

Hmm..Never?I really hate the new generation,so i transfered all my pokemon to white and released all the 5gen pokemon
    DON'T WORRY LADIES!BROCK IS HERE!

FOR TRADE:
    Lv70 Relaxed nature || ALAMOS Event
    x3 Lv50 Hardy,mild,bold nature || WIN2011 Modest flawless nature
    x2 Lv50 docile,naughty nature || GAMESTP
    x2 sassy,nasty nature || Oblivia
    adamant flawless nature || TRU
    Jolly flawless nature (MAY2010) || TRU
    Shiny Event || TRU
    Shiny Event || TRU
    Shiny Event ||

Looking For any shiny(Prefer Pokeradar's)

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/2w658r6.png[/IMG]

I use my Serperior from my White more than my Samurott from my White 2 only because I brought my empleon from my Diamond over because it is so much better.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

i have to admit although i used my starter, it wasn't as good as previous gen's starters. this gen's starter pokemon had lackluster stats and we're all round poor. i just used it, because i grow attached to my first pokemon of each gen/game.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

I love all three of the fifth gen starters. My favorite fully evolved is Serperior, though Oshawott and Dewott are my favorites otherwise. I have a Serperior that I've relied on pretty heavily that I used as a starter on White. I'm also using my starter on my second White run, a female Dewott. She shall never evolve.

Alpha Sapphire Team

I used my Serperior throughout the game, it even managed to single-handedly defeat the Champion in Black 2!

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

My Servine was useful but then I deposited it pretty early on the PC. I like to rotate my team. 8 pokémon or so in my (un)official team.

I eventually took it out and evolved him post-league for dex data and the ever popular Oval Charm.
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

Used my samourott throughout black

I have always used my starters. Usually I use them till I get my lvl 100s into that game. Interestingly or not, depending on how you look at it, I have my lvl 100 Swampert. So in the end, I pretty much use my starter all the time.

All icons are from Spriter's Resource ©.
    I AM NO LONGER TAKING FC CODES FOR FRIEND SAFARI.

I pretty much always use my starters, except in competitive battling.
    Platinum FC: 3438 9213 7612
    White FC: 5372 3970 3594
    Black2 FC: 2280 4478 7008
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Homsar135

I always make use of the starter, though this generations' starters were a bit disappointing. The only time I've ever shoved the starter into storage was a playthrough of Sapphire version when I discovered that my Breloom, which was caught as a backup, was so much better than Grovyle/Sceptile (a pokemon that really has gotten better as the generations have gone on thanks to X-Scissor and Night Slash!)

It really annoyed me though that I could only teach Samurott Megahorn (the main reason I chose Oshawott in the first place) by doing the Heart Scale swap. The same went for Emboar and Hammer Arm.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

I used my Samurott as a team member and he was very average and as soon as post-game (if you can even call that aimless rubbish that) hit he became a hm slave faster than Ash's Pikachu drinks a bottle of tomato sauce.
    hi

I've mainly used my Serperior up until I finished the game, then I just kept it in my party. I don't really use it anymore unless I need a good back up Pokemon and everything else has fainted.

Xx|Divinity|xX

In Black, I used Serperior up to level 45, before I dumped it in my PC box. I thought it was just plain awful, and it doesn't learn any good moves.

On the other hand, in White 2, I'm still using my Samurott, Awkian. I think it's better, and quite powerful if used right.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Wolf-Howl View Post
    In Black, I used Serperior up to level 45, before I dumped it in my PC box. I thought it was just plain awful, and it doesn't learn any good moves.

On the other hand, in White 2, I'm still using my Samurott, Awkian. I think it's better, and quite powerful if used right.
    Yeah dude Serperior is a really bad pokemon huh.
    The move set is not good huh?...
    Of course*cough*

I never use my starter unless I pick Oshowott. Out of the three, he was the only hit for me. Snivy's evolutions don't have enough attack power or a good enough movepool, & Tepig evolves into just a generic Fire/Fighting starter (Which I wish GF would quit doing).
    B2/W2 Team
    My Favorites

Spoiler:- Shinies Spotted:

http://www.Facebook.com/GhostCult

on black im not but on white i am.
    I love every Pokemon!

Samurott is still at the forefront of my team.

Both in White and Black my Samurott (Oshy) was seriously overleveled by my Musharna (Moon)...
    By like 10 levels.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

I'm keeping my Samurott until after the elite four, then I plan to box him after I transfer all my pokemon from Platinum over in anticipation for X & Y.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30nc01x.png[/IMG]

PASBL
    | Clock shop on Hiatus | Tumblr
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/swtmiw.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Ding Ding Sparkle Sparkle:

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast