Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Did You Use Your Starter?

Yep, I still do but I ditch it in the other games.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Oshawott stayed in my team, I've never actually ditched my starter in any of the games I've played, I think that because your starter is the first Pokémon you set out with it should automatically stay in your team.

Not really, I actually didn't enjoy the starters in BW. I started with Snivy, and she did me well, but I don't use her in most of my teams. However once DW Serperior shows up (if ever), I may or may not attempt to use the thing. I think the only time I've ever kept my starter was Fire Red and that was Charizard.
    "My likes are divide and conquer, and black tea.
    My dislikes are being shot through the leg by
    people I don't know. Also crap."

3DS Friend Code! 2638-0687-0711

Name: Faust
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I love my Serperior. XD He looked so classy in the Musicals as a Servine, with his top hat, cane and bowtie. Not too shabby a battler, and he's now the proud daddy of a few Snivy who got traded away in the GTS Negotiations.

...I have a stupid tendency to get attached to my starters.

[Recolours by the wonderful gardevoir rocks! From her shop, The Palette Swap Shop]
    ♥~ I play Pokémon for enjoyment - I don't bother with EVs, I don't battle competitively, and I use my favourites. If any of this offends you, I'm sorry, but it's how I play. ~♥
    ♦♦ I don't have much access to wireless internet, so my Friend Code isn't available. ♦♦

Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenPearl View Post
    I loved my Snivy as I played through the game. I didn't evolve him for a long time just because I thought he was cute. ^_^ Although grass types are weak against a lot of different types, I still found him useful: I'd often use leech seed and giga drain to keep him going for a long time. I can't say I played the game much after I made it through the main story, so I don't know if I'd keep using my Serperior or not... even if he's cool-looking.
    I didn't evolve my snivy for a long time either, but when it was Serperior I only used it a little..I still like it though!

i used snivy
    istill keep it cause its a really good
    i trained hard and now its lvl100 seperier

I still used the starters but found that Tepig and evos were more versatile than Oshawott and evos. Never used Snivy and evos, thought pointless as the stats are useless if the movesets (or lack of) are limited. The starters this gen were quite disappointing for me and i think collectively they are the worst group of starters you could pick from. Such a shame because they did have potential when first revealed to be better but nope keep grass and water as pure types and re-use Fire/fighting for how many times now?
    Shinies are good.

i don't like these starter trio at all, so i had to force myself to use him by getting a shiny one, his shinines motivated me to use him, any other way i think he would still be a Tepig in my PC
    "Did you make mankind after we made you?"-Dear God

I used my starters in and post game. In White it was Tepig and in Black it was Oshawott. I love using my Emboar because of his type coverage and handiness with an Expert Belt and Samurott because I love abusing Sword Dance in-game. At first I was skeptical about the 5th gen starters but it took me a short while to learn to love them and I'm happy I gave them that chance. They have not proved me wrong yet.

I used my starter, to a point. I used it until I had beaten both elite fours and then I had better pokemon which I replaced them with. I normally do that unless the starter is amazing which none of the gen V ones were lol.

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Yeah, I love Samurott a lot, so...

Yeah, I always use and keep my starter on my team, my favourite starter this gen was definitely Oshawott
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

i always keep my starter at least until the elite 4. i used serperior until i made a better team than what i had when i went through the story. i would've put a serperior in my new team if it had its dreamworld ability, but for some reason they have to hold his back along with most of the other pokemon...

I used my starter until i beat the elite four. Then after that i just started to make different teams then i stopped using my starter.

Any starter that I pick in the game always stays with me where ever I go. It was my first Pokemon of that game and I don't know why I would want to get rid of it even after the story was complete.

I used my starter, and I'm using it until it reaches level 100. He and Stoutland are the defensive Pokemon I like to use on my in game team. (I picked Snivy, BTW).

I picked Oshawott and used it (now a Samurott) until it was level 100. It currently resides in the PC. I plan to breed another OShawott but this time, I plan to have one with a good IV spread and egg moves.

Credit to Candlelight Graphics for the banner

Come and join PokemonPlus Forums! Cool and rare event giveaways and new friends in a safe and fun environment awaits!
    Click on the Zekrom userbar to register.

Yes, I make my team to revolve in a cycle that my starter works out in, as in:
    Fire<Water Water<Grass Grass< Fire.

I chose Tepig BTW.

Looking for an LC Tutor! Requirements:
    - 6 month minimum experience
    - Appropriate ladder points (1250pts+)
    - PO for communication
    - Must have acceptable schedule

If you have any questions, PM/VM me.

i used it(oshawott) up until after the elite four, then i rarely used it.
    sprite credit goes to mini-link

I used my until after game. But I used them in the after game until I got my first wifi team.
    I haven't taken it out since then.
    I should train to level 100 right now.
    Special thanks to Sworn Metalhead for the epic banner.

i have always used my starter in any game i've had, no idea why

yes. i started of with tepig and had now have a lvl 73 emboar

I will when I get it up until I have finished everything in the game and then move onto competitive. Choosing either Snivy or Tepig, most likely Tepig because it's just got better stats and movesets, plus Fire is hard to come by (I presume in the 5th gen too).

Plat FC: Restarted recently. Update later.
    HG FC: 0820 1928 9654
    White FC: 1550 7122 1586
    Black 2 FC: 3526 4292 5271
    3DS: 2809-8335-2844
    Screen Name: Atli

Quote Originally Posted by Sheimi-Shaymin View Post
    Then you sir, must be burned. May I graciously pour gasoline onto your person and ignite you with a match, and allow my farts to viciously make the flames bigger.

I generally use the starter, but I just caught the cactuse thingy in the Desert Resort and am thinking about swapping them. Cacty has a lot better stats than Servine.

I started a new game.
    What I do is for me. Just get out of the way if you don't agree.

My Fanfiction Page: Shadowman 747

Well, I've just got White and have chosen to use Snivy. How long I shall stick with the little guy, I don't know. Will I evolve him? Nope.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast