View Poll Results: Which series do you like more?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kanto

16 32.65%
  • Orange Islands

1 2.04%
  • Johto

3 6.12%
  • Hoenn

7 14.29%
  • Sinnoh

18 36.73%
  • Unova/BW

4 8.16%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Favorite Series Thread

AG was my absolute favorite series, followed by Kanto for pure comedy and the chemistry between Ash, Misty, and Brock, and 3rd goes to DP for its great battles. DP only falls flat to me when it comes to some really jagged, uneven portions, like how off the pacing was near the middle-end of it, and the handling of Ambipom, which was really disappointing. At least Gliscor came back, Ambipom was just forgotten about and it seemed really cheap.

If there were a way to blend the character development (May's was superb imo) of AG, the humor of Kanto, and the well-structured, amazing battles of DP in future series of the show, that would just be godly.
    X:

OR:

my favorite is AG
    because may have really great development there
    great rivalry ( for me is best rivalry then any other character rivalry in poke series right now) , everything handle really well ( i think in my oppinion her character got good development then any other character in poke series right now)

but i vote for bw
    cause team rocket seriousness and never blast off again won my heart :P and group dynamic is better and no brock

OS. For one, it appealed to a wider age range, and wasn't dumbed down. The characters (both COTD and main) were more likable, too. It also had better humor

Original series (OI in particular), better fillers, better humor, better dialogue (don't really like some of the new scripts), better songs (many of the new ones after OS are hit or miss), better BGM, better characters (hello, Tracey! XD), etc.
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

OS and AG = My favorite (I agree with RealRaymon).

BF was just alright, though.

The dub switch soured it, but the voice imitations were actually good here. The voice acting, on the other hand, was plain bad.

(Ironic that later in the season, the voices get jarring and are poor, but the voice acting becomes good).

DP was...like a trainwreck for me...I just get bored with it very quickly, and Ash and Brock's dub voices constantly annoyed me due to how deep they were.

It's really frustrating to sit through them for me...XD.

I did like Dawn, Paul, and Ash and Paul's rivalry, but other than that it just bores me.

I'd rather refrain from re-watching this arc (at least if my only option is the dub: it just doesn't work for me...everything seems so weird and off for me).

BWS1 was great. The 4th and 8th gym battles were atrocious, but I liked everything besides that.

BWS2 was terrible. The Unova League was horrible, and Dawn's return was so...blah. Boring for some reason. I liked Dawn more than usual, but this was kind of boring to me.

BWS2: N is good. Some fillers here and there, but I still enjoy it.

A lot of this has to do with my preference for the 4Kids dub, though. DAT NOSTALGIA.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 19th March 2013 at 4:52 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

D/P is my favorite. The contests were more exciting, the league battles were awesome and so were the gym quests. They had one of my favorite teams (Galactic) and my second favorite version of the TRio.

AG comes second.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    D/P is my favorite. The contests were more exciting, the league battles were awesome and so were the gym quests. They had one of my favorite teams (Galactic) and my second favorite version of the TRio.

Kanto Only comes second.
    What I was going to say.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    What I was going to say.
    Oh that is cool. XD

Oh and though I wonder. I didn't see ALL of D/P yet (but I've seen enough to say it's my favorite), but looking through all the Giovanni avatars for D/P... I am wondering if we got to see a different side to him?
    岩根雅明=♡

Oh that is cool. XD

Oh and though I wonder. I didn't see ALL of D/P yet (but I've seen enough to say it's my favorite), but looking through all the Giovanni avatars for D/P... I am wondering if we got to see a different side to him?
    We got to see him in his speedo with sweet honey, remember? Dashing through the desert, no less! Oh, Meowth's fantasies, where they take him...XD.

I don't remember much of DP...it's pretty vague as I didn't like it much. I don't recall Giovanni showing his less menacing half...I mean, I do recall him making fun of how Jessie sent him a Yanma among the thousands of others he received, but that's all I remember. lol.

I watched all 191 episodes, but it...oof...doesn't evoke the same feeling I had watching the earlier arcs. That sense of adventure, emotion, character chemistry...you know? Add to that the fact that I just don't like Ash and Brock's voices in Pokemon International's English dub of DP. They're not bad, but they're just so off for me. XD.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 19th March 2013 at 4:46 AM.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Oh that is cool. XD

We see TRio finally send a pokemon to him sucesfully. He doesn't even remember their names XD

We see TRio finally send a pokemon to him sucesfully. He doesn't even remember their names XD
    Another hilarious moment:

Giovanni: "Though your plans won't buy me a cup of coffee, I have wanted to set up shop there! Do your best!"
    Jessie: "Don't we always?"
    Giovanni: "THAT's what I'm AFRAID of!"

Gotta admit, this was epic win in DP (from EP002/EP470 IIRC).

Remind me who those losers were again?

That was funny XD
    岩根雅明=♡

Remind me who those losers were again?

That was funny XD
    That was back when they were losers and proud of it rather than trying to be something they're not XD

That was back when they were losers and proud of it rather than trying to be something they're not XD
    BW TRio is so boring sometimes...XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    BW TRio is so boring sometimes...XD.
    I mean I like how they are a little more evil and such but damn.

But that's a different story. Yeah DP is my favorite series.
    岩根雅明=♡

It's personally my least favorite, BUT a lot of it has to do with how mature all the protagonists are, Ash and Brock's DP dub voices (I don't even feel like they're the same characters anymore half the time: they just sound so damn deep, and it gives off a nasty vibe for me as it feels really wrong to hear them like this). I know this is an extremely unpopular opinion, but as I started since EP001 and unlike a lot of people I never really left the series until that arc for a multitude of reasons, I have a real grudge with it. TRio doesn't even bug me that much in the dub or in DP in general. Yeah, I don't like their dub dialogue, but they're still funny most of the time. It's the protagonists I had an issue with (much more in the dub). XD.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 20th March 2013 at 5:57 AM.

They might as well be robots, or maybe Giovanni lobotomized them and put in a new brain.

It's personally my least favorite, BUT a lot of it has to do with how mature all the protagonists are, Ash and Brock's DP dub voices (I don't even feel like they're the same characters anymore half the time: they just sound so damn deep, and it gives off a nasty vibe for me as it feels really wrong to hear them like this). I know this is an extremely unpopular opinion, but as I started since EP001 and unlike a lot of people I never really left the series until that arc for a multitude of reasons, I have a real grudge with it. TRio doesn't even bug me that much in the dub or in DP in general. Yeah, I don't like their dub dialogue, but they're still funny most of the time. It's the protagonists I had an issue with (much more in the dub). XD.
    Why would they watch BF and then quit in DP because of the voices.

Aside from Ash, the voices in BF actually sound a bit closer to their 4kids incarnations than in DP. Especially May, Brock and Team Rocket.

It's personally my least favorite, BUT a lot of it has to do with how mature all the protagonists are, Ash and Brock's DP dub voices (I don't even feel like they're the same characters anymore half the time: they just sound so damn deep, and it gives off a nasty vibe for me as it feels really wrong to hear them like this). I know this is an extremely unpopular opinion
    i felt the same about DP
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same
    sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,
    ...well, who knows?”
    ― Meowth

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Aside from Ash, the voices in BF actually sound a bit closer to their 4kids incarnations than in DP. Especially May, Brock and Team Rocket.
    Exactly. And Max left after BF, so we didn't have to deal with his current voice for any longer. We only had to hear May's DP voice for a few eps, so while it did bug me in comparison to her later BF and M09 voice, it was still alright. Not horrific like listening to DP Brock and BW Meowth's voices. *sigh*

Mainly Ash (the first two seasons of DP in his case) and Brock. Their voices are so deep...it's just wrong. I mean, Ash is just a kid and Brock is just a teenager. There's no need to make them sound so old and inappropriate for their characters ages. BW just confirmed Ash is 10, and he still sounds a bit too old in BW (like he's 12 or 13): granted it's not bad anymore, but I still feel it's not the right voice but I can deal with this one. In DP, Ash sounded like he was 17 in its first two seasons, and Brock like he was 25. Those are all wrong for the characters to me, I guess. *shrugs*

The BF voices for Ash and Max were utterly horrific, I agree, but everyone else was actually tolerable in that saga in terms of sounding somewhat like they used to. In DP, Ash (for the first half of DP, specifically- he's fine in the second), Brock, and May are just so far off from their 4Kids voices it makes me feel like they're totally different people. Not in a good way, either. :/

My point is, the voice acting in BF is the worst in TPCi's dub, no question about that. The voices themselves, however, are the worst in TPCi's DP dub in my eyes. The acting drastically improved, though, I'm not denying that.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 22nd March 2013 at 2:55 AM.

Mainly Ash (the first two seasons of DP in his case) and Brock. Their voices are so deep...it's just wrong. I mean, Ash is just a kid and Brock is just a teenager. There's no need to make them sound so old.

The BF voices for Ash and Max were utterly horrific, I agree, but everyone else was actually tolerable in that saga in terms of sounding somewhat like they used to. In DP, Ash (for the first half of DP, specifically- he's fine in the second), Brock, and May are just so far off from their 4Kids voices it makes me feel like they're totally different people. Not in a good way, either. :/

My point is, the voice acting in BF is the worst in TPCi's dub, no question about that. The voices themselves, however, are the worst in TPCi's DP dub in my eyes. The acting drastically improved, though, I'm not denying that.
    Well if you recall the PUSA voices were told to imitate the 4kids voices when they first started.

By the time we got into DP it had been a few years since the 4kids dub ended, so they started putting their own spin on things.

Well if you recall the PUSA voices were told to imitate the 4kids voices when they first started.

By the time we got into DP it had been a few years since the 4kids dub ended, so they started putting their own spin on things.
    Yeah, I just don't like their spin on things when it comes to the voices they came up with in DP. I was fine with their imitation voices since they still sounded like they used to (except Ash and Max). I'd rather they kept on doing what they were doing while merely improving their acting. I dunno, it's just disappointing because I don't like how old some of the characters sound now.

Yeah, I just don't like their spin on things when it comes to the voices they came up with in DP. I was fine with their imitation voices since they still sounded like they used to (except Ash and Max). I'd rather they kept on doing what they were doing while merely improving their acting. I dunno, it's just disappointing because I don't like how old some of the characters sound now.
    Agreed. And it still makes you wonder how the few lines of dialogue Misty/Brock will have in the Charizard episode will sound like. Makes you wish they just re-used the old sound clips from the other episodes...not to mention Sarah voicing the Kanto/Johto incarnation of Ash in those.

I personally like sinnoh the best because i really enjoyed the dub. I do have a few japanese episodes on DVD but the 6 episode boxset was really just a treat for me since I had no japanese stuff officially at the time and really wanted something since I had every other language and the mini movies because TPCI never dubbed them..........

Personally I've always preferred the dub. Just feels so homely to me.=3

I have the whole of DP on DVD.=D

I love the story and really like ash in this series aswell as the trio and everything. I never get bored of it.^-^

Put together by me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Power of Pika View Post
    I personally like sinnoh the best because i really enjoyed the dub. I do have a few japanese episodes on DVD but the 6 episode boxset was really just a treat for me since I had no japanese stuff officially at the time and really wanted something since I had every other language and the mini movies because TPCI never dubbed them..........

Personally I've always preferred the dub. Just feels so homely to me.=3

I have the whole of DP on DVD.=D

I love the story and really like ash in this series aswell as the trio and everything. I never get bored of it.^-^
    The DP dub is definitely different from the other dubs for me. I'll definitely say it's unique and gives you a different taste for a more mature feel on the series. It's mainly the first half of the DP dub that's tough for me to acclimatize myself to. The second half is actually pretty decent from Galactic Battles to the end of Sinnoh. I do like that part of the DP dub. I will praise it for that much at the least. It's when I feel the voices settled in (at least for Ash, Dawn, and TRio). I like Bill's Brock a lot more in S9-11, though, for some reason. He sounded a lot lighter and more like Eric Stuart and Yuji Ueda did back then. I hope he uses that voice in the BW116 flashback myself.

At least someone here isn't a strict purist who feels the dub must strictly adhere to the JPN version. Thank the lord someone here still exists who does not care for that so much, as they enjoy the show more. I applaud you for it. Can't tell you how much of a relief it is to see someone who does not think it's wrong to like either dub more.

Agreed. And it still makes you wonder how the few lines of dialogue Misty/Brock will have in the Charizard episode will sound like. Makes you wish they just re-used the old sound clips from the other episodes...not to mention Sarah voicing the Kanto/Johto incarnation of Ash in those.
    Agreed. I don't mind Sarah's Unova Ash myself: I actually really like her voice now for the character. It's mainly that he's going to sound as old as he does now in the flashbacks, which feels kind of inappropriate to me as Taylor's Ash is honestly more appropriate for younger Ash to me. Hopefully Bill goes back to his earlier Brock voice he used in BF and the first half of DP for the flashbacks, since that would be most appropriate for Kanto Brock. Best thing would just be to re-use the old sound clips like you said, but I have a feeling they'll just re-dub the whole thing.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 26th March 2013 at 5:48 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast