Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 143

Thread: The Clubsplosion Begins! (731)

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Not if the writers keep this up...the pace that is, not to mention Axew has yet to evolve and we still don't have Pignite or Leavanny
    Axew evolving is not the problem. It could evolve but at the end of the day, Iris will still only have ONE dragon. I don't think two dragons is being selfish at this point.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Axew evolving is not the problem. It could evolve but at the end of the day, Iris will still only have ONE dragon. I don't think two dragons is being selfish at this point.
    I'm not saying she can't have two dragon's...it's just, I feel if the writers wanted her to have two, that Deino episode was the best chance. I mean she bonded with the thing, but at the end of the day, that didn't accomplish anything. I could down the line see her getting a different one, but with only two gyms to go (maybe the league is pushed back a month or two) and with the spoiler ending still not getting resolved, that chances seem slim.

    Back to the episode... Still need to watch the Scraggy awesomeness
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  3. #78

    Default

    This is one of the best episodes lately. Scraggy's battle was pretty great, IMO. Axew getting all teary eyed over Scraggy was cool because it means Axew wants to get stronger too. I could honestly see Axew learning a new move soon since Axew learned Outrage in the DBT and then after it was over, Scraggy learned Hi Jump Kick, and now Scraggy learned Focus Blast, so Axew could learn a new movve such a Dual Chop.

    Stephan's battle was okay. Sawk and Seismitoad looked great. They really made all of the competitors look really amazing. I'm still upset about Burgundy losing in her battle, well, will lose. Dewott and Excadrill looked really cool at the end of the episode.

    95/100

    Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Average episode. I like that the producers are making the fighting moves seem more... brutal and how it makes the battles more action driven, but I feel it wasn't handled very well here. Some victories felt a bit odd or way too fast. And I won't mention how convenient is seeing Scraggy learning a new move from nowhere. Darn, Unfeazent at least had the the evolution excuse.

    Plus, seeing how Scraggy was promoted so far in this series, I see no reason why we need a subplot about him trying to master Focus Blast. Sure, it's a nice idea but I'd rather seeing with other Pokemon who needs some focus. Or at least appear (Swaddlon anyone?)

    In the bright side, Burgundy and Georgia made the episode a bit better. I like their personalities and how their dynamics work with the other characters. Also, it's nice seeing Trip seeing that Trip not acting as an arrogant idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    For some odd reason, Langley referred to Iris as "Dragon Master Iris," I could've sworn Iris made it clear she is a DM-in-training when they met...
    The way I see, she was trying to make fun of her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    You know I get Iris is fictional and has no control over her actions, but for a so called DM in training, she sure likes to use Excadrill a lot more then Axew...
    Well, after all it has been stabilished that Excadrill is her "starter" and the strongest in her team. And if my memory is accurate, it was stated she didn't battle alongside Excadrill for a while before the series' start. So it makes sense now they are "best buddies" again to both battle together and if they are still sharp.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post
    Average episode. I like that the producers are making the fighting moves seem more... brutal and how it makes the battles more action driven, but I feel it wasn't handled very well here. Some victories felt a bit odd or way too fast. And I won't mention how convenient is seeing Scraggy learning a new move from nowhere. Darn, Unfeazent at least had the the evolution excuse.

    Plus, seeing how Scraggy was promoted so far in this series, I see no reason why we need a subplot about him trying to master Focus Blast. Sure, it's a nice idea but I'd rather seeing with other Pokemon who needs some focus. Or at least appear (Swaddlon anyone?)

    In the bright side, Burgundy and Georgia made the episode a bit better. I like their personalities and how their dynamics work with the other characters. Also, it's nice seeing Trip seeing that Trip not acting as an arrogant idiot.



    The way I see, she was trying to make fun of her.



    Well, after all it has been stabilished that Excadrill is her "starter" and the strongest in her team. And if my memory is accurate, it was stated she didn't battle alongside Excadrill for a while before the series' start. So it makes sense now they are "best buddies" again to both battle together and if they are still sharp.

    I don't think she was making fun of her. For all her taunting, Langley isn't that bad of person in the Japanese original dub.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I'm not saying she can't have two dragon's...it's just, I feel if the writers wanted her to have two, that Deino episode was the best chance. I mean she bonded with the thing, but at the end of the day, that didn't accomplish anything. I could down the line see her getting a different one, but with only two gyms to go (maybe the league is pushed back a month or two) and with the spoiler ending still not getting resolved, that chances seem slim.
    The spoiler ending is almost finished, so it's not like we have a long way to go (just pignite and Leavanny) and who knows, maybe that Deino episode was just a sign for things to come.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,959

    Default

    Good episode and good start to the tournament. At first I was thinking that they must be saving the best for the later battles, but Scraggy vs Simisage was great.
    Last edited by Shneak; 17th March 2012 at 5:35 AM.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,488

    Default

    For a moment there, when I saw Scraggy roll around clutching his knee, I thought I was watching a Man United match! It wasn't until he got up and carried on, instead of dramatically leaving on a stretcher, that I realised my mistake..

    Anyway, I guess Scraggy's Focus Blast will be the new Energy Ball/Draco Meteor.. I have no problems with this, it'll make his and Axew's training matches a lot more interesting.
    Last edited by ShinyCharyZard; 17th March 2012 at 5:36 AM.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,761

    Default

    Honestly this Trollbias knock off rubs me the wrong way........

    Doesn't help that he's bragging about the worse of the counter parts lol
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    For a moment there, when I saw Scraggy roll around clutching his knee, I thought I was watching a Man United match! It wasn't until he got up and carried on, instead of dramatically leaving on a stretcher, that I realised my mistake..

    Anyway, I guess Scraggy's Focus Blast will be the new Energy Ball/Draco Meteor.. I have no problems with this, it'll make his and Axew's training matches a lot more interesting.
    This episode, I caught on Keyhole, with a choppy stream, and I panicked when I thought the 2nd Focus Blast failed.

    Thank sweet Baby Jesus, it just missed/had bad aim. Hopefully it is mastered soon, i.e. before the next gym.


    @1rkhacha - At least he doesn't have a legend, as far as we know...

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    This episode, I caught on Keyhole, with a choppy stream, and I panicked when I thought the 2nd Focus Blast failed.

    Thank sweet Baby Jesus, it just missed/had bad aim. Hopefully it is mastered soon, i.e. before the next gym.


    @1rkhacha - At least he doesn't have a legend, as far as we know...
    watch him pull a Virizion or Keldeo out of his ***
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    Good episode and good start to the tournament. At first I was thinking that they must be saving the best for the later battles, but Scraggy vs Simisage was great.
    This is pretty much how I feel about this episode.

    Scraggy vs. Simisage was pretty great.


  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Purplesurge-Unreal IRC servers
    Posts
    6,699

    Default

    This episode was good. It was great to see Yanakkie, Roobushin and Nageki for the 1st time. It was hilarious when Bianca ran right into both Ash and Iris this time, knocking Ash once again into the water Gamageroge's trainer was really depressed-looking prior to the rain falling though, and then turned into a creepy and scary guy. Dageki vs Gamageroge was not long, but it was great seeing two of my very favorite Unova Pokemon battle it out. Yanappu vs Gochimiru was very not very long but was an okay battle. Yanappu just wins with Dig against Gochimiru. Very funny how the crowd was cheering Kenyan's name wrong and his reaction. Yanakki vs Zuruggu was a great battle. Yanakki was hurting him in battle so bad yet Zuruggu was able to hang in there. It was funny when Zuruggu used leer on Yanakki's trainer instead of Yanakki. Yanakki's face was priceless when Zuruggu used Leer after strengthening up. Bianca was going love crazy over Dageki and Nageki... It was clear than neither Nageki or Dageki nor Masaomi or Kenyan liked each other, other than for a rivalry. Ash's loud cheering enabled Zuruggu to learn Focus Blast, although it didn't work the 2nd time. Everyone's reactions to that was very funny. The Vitamin prizes looked very huge. Ending on Iris vs Burgandy was a great cliffhanger.

    70/100
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

    My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,488

    Default

    I liked how Ash said Seismitoad with a hint of amazement in his voice.. Seriously, when is he getting this beautiful Pokemon?
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  15. #90
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    -Haha, Ash is so used to Bianca knocking him into the water that he doesn't even bother setting up a fire to dry off anymore.
    -I have to say, I'm kind of surprised they evolved Trip's Gurrdurr offscreen instead of doing the "Ash and Trip trade Boldore and Gurrdurr to evolve both" story I was expecting. Makes me wonder how they'll evolve Ash's Boldore now...
    -Good to see that Cabernet hasn't let down on the *****iness. I was worried she'd stop being an entertaining rival! Same goes for Langley. ...okay, I'll be honest, I'm mostly looking forward to this tournament for rivals being snippy at each other. Who cares about battles, amirite?
    -Sawk's Bulk Up still looks creepy as hell. Good to know. ...but it turns out that Bianca's a fan of muscular Pokemon. Which is also kind of creepy since she's fawning over a rather humanoid Pokemon. Hopefully this doesn't turn into another tiresome gag like Zorua was in the Don Battles.

    Looks like all these Don tournaments are bound to be great. I especially like how they keep going out of their way to have distinctive one-shot characters to fight the main characters and their rivals. It'd be easy to have generic nobodies, but it's much more entertaining this way.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

    Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I liked how Ash said Seismitoad with a hint of amazement in his voice.. Seriously, when is he getting this beautiful Pokemon?
    Hmm... I think "beautiful" isn't the right word to describe him.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    So, I'm beginning to wonder if Focus Blast is gonna get it's own episode after this tournament...seeing as Scraggy can't seem to get it's aim together. None the less, how he uses it is quite awesome
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Hmm... I think "beautiful" isn't the right word to describe him.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, my friend..

    I personally think it has one if the best designs in this generation and its animated beautifully.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  19. #94
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, my friend..

    I personally think it has one if the best designs in this generation and its animated beautifully.
    It was a huge improvement over it's debut battle a few episodes ago, but it's still ugly as sin.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Jersey City, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,488

    Default

    What was Trip saying at the beginning? Did he turn back into a massive jerkwad?
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

    Started by Crawdauntpro.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venomfang View Post
    What was Trip saying at the beginning? Did he continue being a massive jerkwad?
    Fixed that for you .. (wow I can't believe I just did that, I usually hate people editing quotes to say 'fixed')

    But yeah, although I have no idea what was actually said, I assume he was being a jerk..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  22. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Fixed that for you .. (wow I can't believe I just did that, I usually hate people editing quotes to say 'fixed')

    But yeah, although I have no idea what was actually said, I assume he was being a jerk..
    Shooti(Trip) was making light of the fact that Ash would sign up for a tournament without even researching, or knowing what it was about, the rules etc. He then proceeded to comment on how hillybillys like Ash are ignorant of the basics ;D

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Shooti(Trip) was making light of the fact that Ash would sign up for a tournament without even researching, or knowing what it was about, the rules etc. He then proceeded to comment on how hillybillys like Ash are ignorant of the basics ;D
    Really now...well he's technically right, but still, Trip being cocky as ever
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I liked how Ash said Seismitoad with a hint of amazement in his voice.. Seriously, when is he getting this beautiful Pokemon?
    He did it again??? That pretty much confirms it then:
    - Seismitoad's debut: ZOMG! That's Palpitoad's evolution!!!
    - Second appearance: OMG SEISMITOAD!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Really now...well he's technically right, but still, Trip being cocky as ever
    The worst part is that he probably couldn't even say that as Cilan and Iris also entered without knowing a lot about it.

    Lastly, Bianca is, like, so American... You know each American girl likes a hot muscle car, because of the muscle. So that's why Bianca loves Muscle Pokemon, because of the muscle.

    You don't see girls making out with cars, so I'd expect that Bianca won't get too freaky with pokemon. At least I hope so.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Lastly, Bianca is, like, so American... You know each American girl likes a hot muscle car, because of the muscle. So that's why Bianca loves Muscle Pokemon, because of the muscle.

    You don't see girls making out with cars, so I'd expect that Bianca won't get too freaky with pokemon. At least I hope so.
    I don't know, it seems more like Bianca is just really enthusiastic about fighting type Pokemon. I think I saw her going after Scraggy in the preview for the next episode so maybe that's it. Though it's true she does have a fascination with muscles it seems.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •