Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Clubsplosion Begins! (731)

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    He did it again??? That pretty much confirms it then:
    - Seismitoad's debut: ZOMG! That's Palpitoad's evolution!!!
    - Second appearance: OMG SEISMITOAD!!!
    It wasn't so much an omg moment but more of a "..Gamageroge!" as it came out of the Pokeball.. Either way, it definitely caught his eye.

Kingler, my friend. No matter what, you will always remain my favourite Water type. You shouldn't have missed out on the Sinnoh League and I look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the near future.

There you are, I see you in the back there!

I must say,this will be 1 of my favorite episodes.New tournament,Bianca knocks Ash in the water(although with Bianca,this will always happen)new trainers and pokemon,it's just awesome.Scraggy using leer on Akkie will always be the best moment ever.Just 1 thing.When Burgundy came,how did Ash,Iris and Bianca not notice?Are they half death or something?
    Ash vs Akkie-Cool.
    Cilan vs Flora-LAMEST BATTLE EVER!Except when Pansage used Solarbeam and his eyes turned yellow!
    Stephan(or whatever his name is)vsEdmund-Really good battle.Close Combat looked epic.

Just a good episode nevertheless.

96/100
    Primus et Ultimus
    Come Join!http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=547265
    0 Denarii

My Luckiest Battle Ever
    40-65423-88705

Looking For:
    (Pearl)
    Murkrow/Honchkrow
    Larvitar/pupitar/tyranitar
    Arceus
    (Black)
    Thundurus
    Landorus
    Archen/Archeops
    Drizzle Poliwhirl(With Kings Rock)
    Drought Vulpix/Ninetales
    Aron
    (SS)
    None as of now

Pokemon Black : 8 Badges E4 and champion beaten
    Pokemon White: 8 Badges E4 Beaten
    Pokemon SS: ;28; ;12; 8 Badges

A fairly good episode it was good to see some more development for scraggy, it's first real battle apart from it's training partner and it learns a new move.I do enjoy thes small tornaments as they give a break between gyms but still show some interesting battles.

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    I don't know, it seems more like Bianca is just really enthusiastic about fighting type Pokemon. I think I saw her going after Scraggy in the preview for the next episode so maybe that's it. Though it's true she does have a fascination with muscles it seems.
    It explains why she realies so much on the sausage wrap than her other Pokemon. Just like Iris over uses Excadrill when it's the most important.

My ideal battle ever!

Sounds like the reunion of rivals are back in this tournament sponsored by Don George. Ash seems to be used to by knocked into the water by Bianca. Stephan seems to be doing it pretty well. It was so nice that Ashy cheering for him. Iris and Georgia continues with the intense rivalry, Burgundy seeks revenge on Cilan, and Ash encounters the enemy Trip. Its nice to see Toroh in the anime. I can't believe that Stephan happens to encounter another rival who isn't friendly. But I hope that Stephan can win this tournament. Ash's Scraggy learned Focus Blast, which is sweet and score a knock-out as he took down Simisage. Bianca seems to admire Sawk's muscles. I don't blame Bianca for being angry at Trip due to his arrogance.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    -Sawk's Bulk Up still looks creepy as hell. Good to know.
    Hey, be thankful Bulk Up never looked like that when Ursaring used it. Now THAT would be creepy.

The prize ends up being a year's supply of vitamins (how is the winner going to carry and keep all of these?)
    Bianca really loves big strong muscles.
    The Rain Man Joke about him speeding up the battle, and him summoning the rain was funny.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

:sigh: If Ash would have won those, I could see each one of his Pokemon getting one. But no. Yet again another character gets such awesome stuff. Then we see Ash with things like Soothe bells and crap like that. But I'm happy about Scraggy. 9/10

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Focus Blast is REALLY popular these days...geeze. Everyone gets one.

It was absolutely wonderful to see such innovative designs for these one-off characters. They all actually seem to have lives, not just exist solely to enter the tournament and be the fall guy/winner.

Bianca...what is your fetish. That's disturbing.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Finally watched it.

Burgundy kind of confuses me. She was fine with Cilan at the end of the last Don Battles, but she seems to be hating on him still, although it kind of seems like she has some more respect for him now...I think...

A years supply of Vitamins...using that all in one day should be interesting to see.

I loved Edmond overall. His design was interesting, his personality was creepy, and his voice sounded pretty nice to me and I usually don't think much of the Japanese voices most of the time, also interesting to note that Edmond's voice actor also voices Stephan's Sawk, interesting to me at less. I hope Edmond appears again, he can make it rain whenever he wants, he is awesome :3

Masaomi seems more interesting to me now that I have a better look at his personality, although not much more to him then him just being a jerk, but it's nice when jerks get what's coming to them.

I loved how Ash's and Akkie's battle started with the battle music then quickly went to comedic relief. The eye popping out of Simisage is still funny...although still messed up...still...it's funny. I liked that they had Burgundy and Georgia join in with the shock look when Scraggy was about to be hit with Giga Impact, makes them feel more apart of the group. Also liked Axew's expression when Scraggy learned Focus Blast. Again, liked that Burgundy and Georgia were in the group shot when Focus Blast missed. Also liked when Scraggy used Leer(or maybe it was just making faces) on Simisage after it recovered, was funny. And finally, I liked how Akkie's hair got messed up once Simisage lost. Overall, this was my favorite battle, really enjoyed all the moments of it.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Yes I agree, Georgia and Burgundy really feel involved with the team. As in they are rivals but they can be peaceful with each other.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by UnbelievableUrsula View Post
    :sigh: If Ash would have won those, I could see each one of his Pokemon getting one. But no. Yet again another character gets such awesome stuff. Then we see Ash with things like Soothe bells and crap like that. But I'm happy about Scraggy. 9/10
    Although, even if he was able to win them, how would he even be able to carry them around? In this episode they said a "year's Supply". That's a whole lot to carry around.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Just saw the episode. I'm so happy Scraggy can actually battle on equal ground with a pokemon who isn't Axew now. And honestly, I kind of hope they tell us this whole focus blast missing issue was because it has bad accuracy and not that Scraggy hadn't mastered it yet. That Excadrill training episode was enough for me.

Hey, so they're introducing a rival for Ash's rival? Interesting...
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Yeah, Bianca bumping ash is getting old... i'm betting sometime it will be the other way around, for a change once.
    Also the Vitaman Prize looks like it's to be used on the pokemon unlike that wing set from the last tornement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post
    Focus Blast is REALLY popular these days...geeze. Everyone gets one.

It was absolutely wonderful to see such innovative designs for these one-off characters. They all actually seem to have lives, not just exist solely to enter the tournament and be the fall guy/winner.

Bianca...what is your fetish. That's disturbing.
    Everyone . . . so Excadrill and Scraggy are everyone?

You're right on every other account, though. These are good one-off characters and Bianca's muscle fetish is incredibly disturbing.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Edmund sounds like an emo James?

EDIT: Turns out that James and Edmund are voiced by the same guy, so I guess my previous comment makes sense :P
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 14th July 2012 at 9:25 PM.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

It's a good episode. Trip's Gurdurr has evolved into Conkeldurr and Scraggy learns Focus Blast. The Clubsplosion is off to a good start.

I'm really loving these battle arcs that feature ash and co. And their rivals. I was real surprised to see all the vitamins in the anime. Hp up, attack, defense etc. Is this a first after all these years?

Plus I'm already lookin forward to seeing both sawk and throh battle each other in the future. I know that's got to happen since I don't look at the spoilers
    3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Good episode. Some parts at the beginning were old, such as Bianca bumping into Ash. The battle between Scraggy and Simisage was very close, as well. Looking forward to the next episode.

I will admit, Scraggy did really well, especially since his learning Focus Blast could be his responding to Ash's feelings and intensity. I do kinda wish Trip would realize Ash is better than he thinks he is, since Ash had been the runner-up of the Club Battle and Trip only placed in the Top 16. I mean, his thinking it's over so soon without even trying to see if Ash's gonna make a comeback or not is getting old fast.
    Last edited by Bryon; 15th July 2012 at 6:06 AM.
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

As someone else said, this is a good start for the clubsplosion and these 1 v 1 battles are really fast paced so its hard to keep up. Its good to see Stephan, Cilan and Ash get through to round two, in those battles lots of action but the thing to note is Scraggy's new move; Focus Blast which, like in the games, is hit and miss at times :P. We were left at the beginning of the first round match between Burgandy and Iris, who will prevail?

Also, I don't know why but Bianca knocking Ash into the water made me laugh this time as last time it didn't.

Anyway, onto the conclusion of round one in the next episode!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I kinda liked this episode with the reunion of all the characters, the new pokemon, and such. Thought the battles went rather well and I look forward to seeing what comes next.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;598; ;635;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I don't care for much of the BW episodes but I do love these tournament eps, particularly with all the different rivalries. Also really enjoyed the battles with little twists such as Seismitoad being slowed down by it's injury and Simisage stepping on Scraggy's skin to land it's attack. Only thing that annoyed me was Trip's "boonies" jibe, though it was hilarious seeing Bianca's angry reaction to his arrogance.
    Last edited by cg19293; 17th July 2012 at 9:47 AM.

Man do I love these tournament arcs, and seeing all the rivals in one place is the best part besides the battling.

Edmund actually does sound like James, but from the earlier seasons with a tad of "gloom" to it to fit this guy's character. Nice touch.

Poor Stephan, no one gets his name right, at all. I chuckled a bit when he said he's starting to forget how his name is meant to be pronounced. xD

That one guy's Simisage sounded very odd, and it began to feel very irritating. I hope Cilan doesn't evolve Pansage to sound like that.

None of the 8 characters bored me in this episode; they have a purpose and it's well delivered as always. Again it's why I enjoy these tournament arcs.

Burgundy intrigues me at the ending, saying she's gotten a lot stronger. Hope she lives up to that statement in the next episode.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Iris hasn't competed in a long time? She won the last tournament, and it wasn't that long ago. <_<

Scraggy is the worst choice Ash could make for a tournament full of fighting pokemon.

Didn't notice this last time, but why does each of the main cast have an annoying rival?

Holy crap. A year supply of vitamins? That's insanely valuable. Huge improvement over the last tournament. 0_0

New move for Scraggy!

And.... it's going to take 20 episodes before he masters it. This is really tired. -_-

Nice episode! Scraggy's battle was pretty cool, but how in the world could a baby Pokemon take so many Low Sweeps? XD The rain guy was creepy :P

The chosen ones (for now)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast