155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

132 85.16%
  • No

8 5.16%
  • Not Sure

15 9.68%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: How far do you think Pokemon will go?

Quote Originally Posted by Heartlessangel17 View Post
    *CoughB2/W2Cough* They broke their formula of "Release two, then release a third later one" and created actual sequels. Whats to stop them from a reboot?
    The difference:

Sequels instead of a rehash = excellent business decision
    Reboot = extremely risky and unwarranted business decision

Assuming your definition of reboot is the same as mine, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Logic don't fly that way. Why not just ask what's to stop them from announcing tomorrow that the franchise will be rebooted... as a series of first-person shooters, wherein you're forced to roam the halls of the abandoned Cold Storage, shooting zombie Vanilluxe who would otherwise tear into your flesh and suck the blood from your veins?

That sure would be a surprise shocking unexpected curveball slider changeup, wouldn't it? Just like B/W2 were, right?
    You realize your entire post is a strawman fallacy, right?

Quote Originally Posted by The renegade View Post
    You realize your entire post is a strawman fallacy, right?
    You realize that so is this post, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    You realize that so is this post, right?
    I dont think you know what strawman fallacy means.

Sarcasm doesn't transition well over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Sarcasm doesn't transition well over the internet.
    Apparently. Honestly, I dont quite understand what you where being sarcastic about.

Never mind, possible autist here. Let the awkwardness dissipate before it gets thicker.

I heard something about 1500 pokemon species total, so maybe until about the 15th generation.

Quote Originally Posted by pikadon92 View Post
    I heard something about 1500 pokemon species total, so maybe until about the 15th generation.
    Where are you people getting these rumors from? Seriously either the fact that I havent kept up with pokemon for awhile now is really showing or you dudes are getting trolled hard with out knowing it.
    Last edited by Roaring Apathy; 17th April 2012 at 12:15 PM.

I think it will go on for quite a while, since it's still pretty popular

I don't know how far it will go but there does still have to be a limit on the total number of pokemon. Pokemon is not like the real world where there are millions of species so an absolute limit would probably be around 1000 or so. After the series has reached that limit then Nintendo can start making games with just those pokemon as that would then be enough to do plenty of games in the future.
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/2r2chw2.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    I don't know how far it will go but there does still have to be a limit on the total number of pokemon.
    And why is that?

Pokemon is not like the real world where there are millions of species so an absolute limit would probably be around 1000 or so.
    Are you going to stop playing once the total # hits 1000, even if that means you're in the middle of the game?
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

It probably will last because of it's popularity. I really do hope that Pokemon lasts. It would be hard to live without it :/

I can't ever see it dieing in Japan =p

As I have said in past threads similar to this, until it stops selling. In my opinion, Black 2 and White 2 don't look very promising, but I'm fairly confident they'll sell. Why? There are fans like me who will always buy the new games. So unless Game Freak makes their next few games total crap, I think Pokemon has a long life left.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    And why is that?

Are you going to stop playing once the total # hits 1000, even if that means you're in the middle of the game?
    Because evolution works differently in the Pokemon world and we would have already seen thousands, perhaps tens of thousands of pokemon already if there were millions of species.

No I am not going to stop playing nor will I stop watching the anime when the total reaches 1000. I will continue to be a Pokemon fan regardless but I do still think there has to be a limit.
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/2r2chw2.jpg[/IMG]

It will never end, even when all of us dies to our old age, it will never end. It will keep going and going and going. People thought there is no 2nd generation, they didn't think there wouldn't be a third, or fourth, or even a 5th. IT WILL KEEP FOREVER!!
    Come visit my pokemon.

Pokemon Amie! YAAAAAY!!

It may die in the UK, but I cant see Japan ever stop it
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    X IGN: Sqeen
    OR IGN: Terra

People in places apart from japan are slowly starting to dislike pokemon, this is because it very japan centerd, the get all the events and the games out first they have the pokemon center shop, there is the nintendo stores but that isnt the same. pokemon never really took off in the rest of the world as much as it did in japan but i think pokemon is dying a slow and painful death. maybe when guy who invented it dies (forgot his name) and the ken suigimori guy also dies it will just fall to peices. but it will definately die out in places apart from japan, especially europe, but not so much the uk.

Quote Originally Posted by shade2000 View Post
    People in places apart from japan are slowly starting to dislike pokemon
    And your evidence of this is...?

this is because it very japan centerd,
    Well, it is a Japanese game.

the get all the events
    False.

and the games out first
    Okay, and this matters why? You do know there needs to be time for the game to be translated and localized, right?

they have the pokemon center shop, there is the nintendo stores but that isnt the same.
    and it is more viable in Japan because Japan is quite literally an island and most of the country's population is very compact. Compare that to Euorpe and North America, where the population is more spread out.

pokemon never really took off in the rest of the world as much as it did in japan
    It did, it just xidn't have the mega craze that Japan did. Being very successful instead of mega successful doesn't change the fact that it is successful.

but it will definately die out in places apart from japan, especially europe, but not so much the uk.
    You're wrong.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Nintendo will keep making Pokemon games as long as they keep bringing in cash.

Quote Originally Posted by shade2000 View Post
    People in places apart from japan are slowly starting to dislike pokemon, this is because it very japan centerd, the get all the events and the games out first they have the pokemon center shop, there is the nintendo stores but that isnt the same. pokemon never really took off in the rest of the world as much as it did in japan but i think pokemon is dying a slow and painful death. maybe when guy who invented it dies (forgot his name) and the ken suigimori guy also dies it will just fall to peices. but it will definately die out in places apart from japan, especially europe, but not so much the uk.
    This is utter nonsense. The game buying public has little to no idea that Pokémon's released in Japan first, and the lack of Pokémon Center Shops matters not a bit; Japan has a history of these kind of game memorabilia and merchandising shops that the West can't even touch.

Pokémon will die out when it ceases to be profitable, and not before, and that is a scenario that is so mind-bogglingly far from being true that the whole discussion is utterly fruitless. I seem to remember reading that Pokémon as a franchise could sustain itself without making money at all on the games, such is the enormous profitability of the merchandise. This is a franchise that sees movies high up the charts without fail every year in its home country, that has hundreds of different companies making merchandise and making out like bandits over it, that has a well-rating anime airing across the planet... if nothing else, Pokémon will never be allowed to die; too many people have a stake in it.

This is of course ignoring the main thing; the overwhelming popularity of the games, including, yes, in the West. Since launch, Pokémon Black and White have sold somewhere in the region of 15 million copies. To put that into context, these sales are bigger than those of...
    • Any 3D Mario game.
    • Any Zelda game.
    • Any Uncharted game
    • Any Halo game.
    • Any Gears of War game.

Really, for series that beat it, you're looking at 2D Mario, Mario Kart, the Wii ____ games and Grand Theft Auto. Pokémon games are much cheaper to develop than any of the franchises in the list above, too.

Pokémon was and is one of the planet's most profitable gaming franchises. There is precisely zero chance of it dying anywhere in the foreseeable future.

Well like its said before, perhaps when the main people who make them pass on, if they dont get good people to replace them, it might die. But I think nintendo is smarter than that. It may end, but not anytime soon, that's for sure.
    ~Author's Profile ||~|| <Fly High Graphics> ~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 31% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this idea. but do you guys think it's high time for the pokemon games to split into 2 generations :3 for the "oldies" who still remember playing the first games and make the future games more serious and complicated and for the new fans, with a simpler mechanism?

Quote Originally Posted by Cariba View Post
    but do you guys think it's high time for the pokemon games to split into 2 generations :3 for the "oldies" who still remember playing the first games and make the future games more serious and complicated and for the new fans, with a simpler mechanism?
    Never. The "oldies" are irrelevant. By and large, they don't care about you if you're older than, say, 12. Maybe they'll throw you a nostalgia bone every now and again just so you can keep thinking they remember you, but while they appreciate any money you might like to give them, they don't care in the slightest what you think of the product and they certainly don't care enough to develop a completely distinct series of games for you.

Never happen.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Cariba View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this idea. but do you guys think it's high time for the pokemon games to split into 2 generations :3 for the "oldies" who still remember playing the first games and make the future games more serious and complicated and for the new fans, with a simpler mechanism?
    So you want basically want Game Freak to do what Sonic Team did for the Sonic games, which is to divide the fan base.

Yeah that isn't going to happen nor is there any reason for it to happen.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast