Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #64

Quote Originally Posted by Palkia98 View Post
    Elektross is good, but anything with mold breaker+earthquake and that can outspeed it can kill it.

That's mainly haxorus

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Eelektross: The first Unovan Pokemon i laid my eyes on, and I've loved him since first sight.

Highest Stat: Attack
    Seeing how many types he could possibly counter with his physical move pool, whose types incl. Fight, Dragon, Flying, Dark, Electric, etc., this could come in handy, depending on how you'd want to use him

Mold Breaker?
    Item: Air Balloon
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Attack, 4 Defense, 252 Speed
    Nature: Adamant
    Moves: Dragon Claw, Wild Charge, Flamethrower, Rock Slide

Haxorus w/ Mold Breaker is probably Eelektross' biggest threat. Bt, with the Air Balloon held, a quick Earthquake won't happen. Hitting a Dragon Claw against Haxorus could easily put him in range for a possible 2HKO, maybe even a OHKO. Also, a Trick Room before could be used for support, depending on how you'd utilize Eelektross on your team.

Helping Hand(s): With a not-so good speed, Trick Room, as stated before, would provide a good supporter for Eelektross.

Counter(s): Gravity. Easy way to set-up a quick take down of Eelektross. As mentioned before, Mold Breaker renders Eelektross incapable of taking advantage of no weaknesses.
    Black FC: 0905-8396-1651
    Black 2 FC: 0734-2563-1464

LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING POKEMON:
    *UNTRAINED*

HAVE THE FOLLOWING FOR TRADE:
    Adamant + Jolly / Naďve / Naďve + Modest

LEGENDS:
    G1:
    G2:
    G3:
    G4:
    G5:

I have a good fEeling about this set.

Eelemantary, my dear watson

Some set names. Idk.
    ...Well, if you think I'm gonna type my name in some rediculous swirly cursive font, well, that's not happening. At least for now.

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window" -Steve Wozniak

"DANGER ! DANGER! HIGH VOLTAGE! WHEN WE TOUCH, WHEN WE KISS." lines from the song Danger! High Voltage.

-Acid Spray
    -Flamethrower
    -HP Ice
    -Thunderbolt.

Better if its in a rainy trick room team. PoliKing combo can be a must. (Drissle politoed + Trick room Slowking)
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Eelexecuter
    Levitate (duh)
    252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    Adamant/Jolly
    Choice Scarf
    Wild Charge - Basic STAB move.
    Brick Break - Yeah, Ferrothorn, I've got my eye on you...
    Dragon Tail - Weird move to get choice-locked into, huh? It still might have a chance at wrecking a lot of teams. Have fun getting constantly knocked out of the fight... (Wait, is that even legal?)
    U-Turn - Just in case you need to pull out as quickly as you came in.

Well, now that my crummy physical set is done...

Eelexecuter's Special Friend
    Levitate (duh part 2)
    252 SpA/252 Spd/4 HP
    Modest/Timid
    Choice Scarf
    Thunderbolt - Basic STAB move.
    Flamethrower - Ferrothorn and Forretress? Not fun.
    Flash Cannon - To get Dragon-types who think they can laugh at this set (well, Dialga could still laugh, but we don't need to worry about him, do we? )
    Charge Beam/Volt Switch - Either have a constant Special Attack buff, or run away. (Man, I still stink...)
    Shinies:

Wasabi Unagi for any Acid Spray sets.

Anyway, on Coil sets, Thunder over Zap Cannon because of same base power with higher initial accuracy, unless you relly want the 100% paralysis from Zap Cannon.

Eelektross works best under Trick Room.

Quiet/Brave nature
    252 Atk, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
    Flamethower
    Wild Charge/Thunderbolt
    HP Ice/Dragon Claw/Crunch
    U-Turn/Grass Knot/Brick Break

Quiet is preferred over Brave, as Eelektross's main moves lean more to the special side. However, Brave can be used if you are using physical moves as well. The first 2 moves are a given. The last 2 slots have many options. You can choose between having the Bolt-Beam combo, perfect coverage with Crunch, Brick Break and Flamethrower, or attaining more super-effective hits. U-turn is an option if you encounter a foe Eelektross cannot defeat or if Trick Room is running out, in order to send another foe in to set up Trick Room again.
    Chaining is addictive.
    Prized Shinies: , , , , ,

I think it is pretty decent but you want the moveset in place BEFORE you evolve Eelektrik. I have one in my party that is LV. 100 and have used it in many battles.

Quote Originally Posted by infernape612 View Post
    Eelexecuter
    Levitate (duh)
    252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    Adamant/Jolly
    Choice Scarf
    Dragon Tail - Weird move to get choice-locked into, huh? It still might have a chance at wrecking a lot of teams. Have fun getting constantly knocked out of the fight... (Wait, is that even legal?)

Levitate (duh part 2)
    252 SpA/252 Spd/4 HP
    Modest/Timid
    Choice Scarf
    Flash Cannon - To get Dragon-types who think they can laugh at this set (well, Dialga could still laugh, but we don't need to worry about him, do we? )
    Charge Beam/Volt Switch - Either have a constant Special Attack buff, or run away. (Man, I still stink...)

HP ice> flash cannon always

well electross main asset which takes it appart from electrivire (also known as noobvire) is his mixed potential

electroroom (for trick room teams) @life orb
    252 attack, 252 HP, 4 special attack (0 speed IVs)
    Quiet/brave

-Thunderbolt/wild charge
    -Flamethrower
    -U-turn/volt switch
    -Dragon claw

Thunderbolt/wild charge is a strong STAB which shouldn't be underestimated...
    Flamethrower is the best way to beat scizor,ferrothorn,venosaur and others
    U-turn and volt switch are for scouting which you need on a trick room team for more trick room setting..
    Dragon claw + flamethrower is only resisted by heatran so it gives a creat coverage best partners are reuniculus,slowbro/king,bronzongor every other pokemon which set trick room with ease..

Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.

Time for the super-noobiest electross set i could think of...i dub thee:

Noob'tross
    ------------------
    Electross+ expert belt
    Brave+252Att./252Sp.Att
    -Thunderbolt
    -HP Ice
    -Brick Break
    -Crunch

As you can see, this set takes the best coverage on the physical side and and best coverage on the special side
    and smashes them together for epic coverage...so much coverage it's electrifying

Electross...why you no has Fire Blast?!?!
    Last edited by MetalCrow; 21st March 2012 at 12:29 AM.

Mon-tross-ity
    Electross@Muscle Band/Expert Belt
    Adamant
    252Atk/100Def/100Sp.Def/52 Hp
    Coil
    Wild Charge
    Brick Break
    Dragon Claw/Crush Claw

Pretty Basic, but useful.The Muscle Band makes up for its Attack stat as well as coil for a boost in Defence.Brick Break takes care of Bulky steels mainly Ferrrothorn and rocks such as Tyranitar and Dragon/Crush Claw is there mainly as a filler but can still be useful.
    Last edited by Blaze12x2; 20th March 2012 at 10:34 PM.

This is the most Eelektrifying Pokémon of the week. I am SHOCKED that people think Huntail and Goressbye(however you spell it) but I don't fEel that way when it comes to Eelektross. Eelektross can rEely Coil up more than just pun with its Eelektricity. You don't mess with Eelektross or Eelse it will zap you.
    Nambiri

Coiltross
    Eelektross @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    164 HP/ 252 Sp.Def/ 94 Sp.Atk
    Sassy/Quiet Nature

Moves
    Coil
    Zap Cannon/Thunder
    Rock Slide
    Flamethrower/Dragon Claw

This a somewhat unorthodox Mixed Eelektross set I made for my Trick Room Team. Coil is a great boosting move, and allows Eelektross to spam Zap Cannon/Thunder with little fear. Go with Zap Cannon if you want the 100% of paralysis, or Thunder if you want more power. Rock Slide is a good move which benefits greatly from a Coil boost. And lastly, Flamethrower and Dragon Claw are somewhat of a filler. Flamethrower can roast Grass types, which resist your STAB.

Specstross
    Eelektross @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Levitate
    4 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk./ 252 Spd or 252 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 Def
    Modest Nature

Moves
    Thunderbolt
    Flamethower
    Grass Knot/Hidden Power [Ice]
    U-Turn/Volt Switch

Eelektross has a decent Base 105 Special Attack, so with a Choice Specs equipped, Eelektross can hit pretty hard, and catch people off guard expecting a Coil set. Thunderbolt is the obvious STAB of choice, with Flamethrower roasting them Grass types trying to switch in. Grass Knot takes care of heavy Ground types, but I don't think there's that many big pokes in NU, so Hidden Power [Ice] is an option. It also takes care of Altaria. And finally U-Turn and Volt Switch are there to make sure Eelektross escapes any unpleasant match ups. I listed U-Turn because running two Electric type moves in one set seems a bit obnoxious, but that's just me.

Pokemon stuff

-----

Let's Plays and such

I have one of these on my main team. From experience, I say don't teach it wild charge. It won't last too long.

Anyways, This set might work.

"Zen Leech"
    Nature: Quiet/Sassy
    EVs: Can't determine. I'm not so good with mixed sweepers
    Item: Evolite (if Eelektrik) or Bright Powder (if Eelektross)
    Moves:
    Coil
    Zap cannon
    Spark/Dragon Claw/Brick break/Attract/Double Team

A set like this can be used offensively or defensively, but the main idea is that you get to have more accuracy on Zap Cannon. On the offensive side, the paralysis can help slow down some pokes and new members can come in for the kill. On the defensive side, you can stall out your foe, just watch out for Special attacks! Partner Pokemon should have Light Screen, at the least, handy. An After You user or a Quasher is recommended, too.

My favorites happen to be mid-evolved poison types.

Quote Originally Posted by infernape612 View Post
    Eelexecuter
    Levitate (duh)
    252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    Adamant/Jolly
    Choice Scarf

Levitate (duh part 2)
    252 SpA/252 Spd/4 HP
    Modest/Timid
    Choice Scarf
    Why Choice Scarf, when he's so slow? Sure, I've used Scarf Aggron in RU (and he didn't do very well), but I didn't know what his Speed was.

Anyway, honestly, I think the last 4 EVs on most Eelektross sets should go into Speed, to outrun no Speed Regirock.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Looking at it's speed...

Wow, a max speed Eelektross with a choice scarf doesn't even reach 300 speed. That's pretty bad.

Edit: Oh, that was adamant. My bad. 327 with a scarf. Still bad, just one point under base 100 speed, and your rarely see pokemon with 100 speed running offensive roles without a way to boost speed. There are also pokemon like Celebi that uses their bulk for offensive roles...that's more of bulky offense, though.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 21st March 2012 at 7:46 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My signature sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Looking at it's speed...

Wow, a max speed Eelektross with a choice scarf doesn't even reach 300 speed. That's pretty bad.

Edit: Oh, that was adamant. My bad. 327 with a scarf. Still bad, just one point under base 100 speed, and your rarely see pokemon with 100 speed running offensive roles without a way to boost speed. There are also pokemon like Celebi that uses their bulk for offensive roles...that's more of bulky offense, though.
    Even with the low Base Speed issue, Paralysis chances from Spark, Thunder, Thunderbolt, and Discharge, plus the guarantee from Zap Cannon or Thunder Wave, can help 'tross with outrunning something, aside from a Ground Type or Limber Ability Pokemon. Plus, Rock Tomb becomes an option for the sake of adding damage to your debuff Moves. Mixing is what 'tross does best in my mind, and that applies to added Move effects, too.
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlKirbyZombie View Post
    I have one of these on my main team. From experience, I say don't teach it wild charge. It won't last too long.

Anyways, This set might work.

"Zen Leech"
    Nature: Quiet/Sassy
    EVs: Can't determine. I'm not so good with mixed sweepers
    Item: Evolite (if Eelektrik) or Bright Powder (if Eelektross)
    Moves:
    Coil
    Zap cannon

A set like this can be used offensively or defensively, but the main idea is that you get to have more accuracy on Zap Cannon. On the offensive side, the paralysis can help slow down some pokes and new members can come in for the kill. On the defensive side, you can stall out your foe, just watch out for Special attacks! Partner Pokemon should have Light Screen, at the least, handy. An After You user or a Quasher is recommended, too.
    Attract is a noobish strategy it doesn't work anymore (at last!) as the emulators now randomize genders.
    double team and bright powder are banned from competitive play.

just a note even paralysis barely helps with no speed EVs

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Attract is a noobish strategy it doesn't work anymore (at last!) as the emulators now randomize genders.
    double team and bright powder are banned from competitive play.

Note the emphasis, GirlKirbyZombie and Ilan. This is why I said "can help" instead of "will help" when I listed Electric Type Moves in my last post. Few Pokemon can actually be outsped by 'tross when they're Paralyzed, but the odd Fully-Paralyzed turn can give relatively straightforward Battles a sense of true randomness.

Just beware of Facade, Guts Ability, and Quick Feet Ability with Status-flinging and Punishment and Chip Away with Coil sets. Eelektross still has average defenses and barely-good HP, so Mold Breaker + Earthquake isn't 'tross's only concern. Not quite a "glass cannon" like Rampardos, Sharpedo, or Attack Deoxys, but it's still going to be easy to pick apart after a few attacks.
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Even with the low Base Speed issue, Paralysis chances from Spark, Thunder, Thunderbolt, and Discharge, plus the guarantee from Zap Cannon or Thunder Wave, can help 'tross with outrunning something, aside from a Ground Type or Limber Ability Pokemon. Plus, Rock Tomb becomes an option for the sake of adding damage to your debuff Moves. Mixing is what 'tross does best in my mind, and that applies to added Move effects, too.
    I just said it was bad for a choice scarf user. I never said anything about paralysis.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My signature sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    lol 0 speed Eelectross will outrun Paralyzed opponents with 543 or less speed. In other words it outruns even Paralyzed Scarf Latios.

No sets, but BH I like the shout outs to Drac and Lizzy in Raquaza's PotW. Do it in every set

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    lol 0 speed Eelectross will outrun Paralyzed opponents with 543 or less speed. In other words it outruns even Paralyzed Scarf Latios.
    so it don't halves speed.. well my bad.. I think it just was I was outspeeded by a wall cause when I used eelektross I noticed he was too slow I though paralisis only halves speed.. (lol what a fail)

oh here is the set I used on a "sun HO team" (was replaced by venusaur.. )

Eelectrifying
    @ leftovers
    252 HP,252 special attack, 4 speed
    Modest
    -Thunder wave
    -Acid Spray
    -Thunderbolt
    -Flamethrower

as I used a HO team (I used the definition of only one type of attackers) I decided to use a semi set up sweeper it is unique in that it is a reverse set up: acid spray is like nasty plot on any none steel type it also causes switches in which you can abuse thunder wave which work on any none ground types, thunderbolt is it's main STAB and flamethrower is for steels and grass types..
    Last edited by Ilan; 22nd March 2012 at 10:20 PM.

Poor eelektrik. Now that eletross's in nu, it won't be used for long. Unless its 65/70/70 bulk + evulite is usable, except rest is its only source of recovery.

So, here is my moveset for the middle evo:

Eelektrik@Eviolite
    Impish/Careful Nature
    252HP, 252Att, 4Def
    -Thunderwave
    -Reflect/Light Screen
    -Wild Charge
    -U-turn

Works best as a supporter here. Any other roles will be outclassed by its evo. Big time. Paralyze Foes, raise your team defences, yeah...... Wild Charge is its most powerful move while U-turn works for switching out while conveniently dealing damage.

And wow. Tynamo has an amazing movepool. You know what? I bet there pre-evo corner if any.

Finally, to prevent his post from being SPAM:

Neither Tynamo nor Eelektrik@Scope Lens
    Modest Nature
    252SpAtt, 252 HP, 4 Def
    -Acid Spray
    -Volt Switch
    -Flamethrower
    -HP Grass/Ice

Acid Spray + Volt Switch. **** yeah. For this set to work you have to be bulky. The latter 2 moves are coverages. See you can find better comboes than this.

[ADDED]Oh yeah. Forgot middle cup. Not that evulite Will work though. Juste give elektrik thé same moveset as eletross and put it in trick room. And replace thunderwave.

I gave this move a critical hax as it cannot afford to have a hp decrease in life orb and choice sticking.
    Last edited by pikadon92; 24th March 2012 at 3:16 AM.

Eelektross... The pokemon with the most complex concept and the most uncreative name (Or maybe that goes for Eelektrik). But who really cares about those secondary setbacks when you have a pokemon with decent attacking capabilities and no weaknesses due to levitate making defensive sets viable too. However having low speed makes it really vulnerable for faster opponents but also makes it deadly under trick room. In short, this is a mixed bag of a mixed sweeper, use it with the proper support and it will be very hard to overcome.

Eelektross was only created to attack, it lacks the speed to be supporting it's teammates. In addition it's movepool is very good in both the special and the physical sides. it has great coverage and can be used in many ways offensively or even defensively. Baton passing to it some shell smashes or quiver dances or anything else is a good idea. Shell smash for the mixed sweeper while quiver dance for special oriented sets. Screens are also appreciated for defensive sets. Rain will make it's thunders very accurate while sun will boost it's flamethrower.

On a final note, Eelectross can use disruptive moves as Acid spray or roar to abuse stealth rock, can scout with volt switch or u-turn (volt switch being better due to STAB), and can use it's own moves to power up like coil, charge beam, hone claws... Finally, Support eelektross and it will support you!

Item: Life Orb
    Thunderbolt/Discharge
    Crunch
    Flamethrower
    Brick Break

Muscle/Choice Band
    Wild Charge
    Crunch
    Brick Break
    Acrobatics/Rock Slide/U-Turn/Dragon Claw

Wise Glasses/Choice Specs
    Thunderbolt/Discharge/Charge Beam
    Flamethrower
    Flash Cannon/Grass Knot
    Acid

Partners:
    Volt Absorb/Motor Drive users if you're using discharge like Lanturn
    Water or Grass-types for Smack Down users
    Trick Room users to help with its lack of speed
    Fighting/Dark/Ghost-type moves can be useful towards Gravity users

Countering:
    Smack Down, Gravity, or ability-switching or canceling, or Item-switching with an Iron Ball to ground Eelektross
    Lightning Rod users
    Otherwise, pokemon that are quick, defensive, and resistant to Electric-type moves are the way to go.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 24th March 2012 at 2:29 PM.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast