View Poll Results: Wallace or Steven?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Champion Steven Stone

119 85.00%
  • Champion Wallace

21 15.00%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is a better champion, Steven or Wallace?

Default Who is a better champion, Steven or Wallace?

In your opinion, who do you think is a stronger/better champion, Steven or Wallace? (personally, I think Wallace is because he uses water pokemon)

I don't have Emerald so I can't say anything about Wallace. But Steven was interesting to face the first time. Up to that point in the game there aren't a lot of Steel types (let alone the ones that are that strong) so it's a challenge to battle them all of a sudden.

Steven has pokemon that can take hits and dish them back out. Wallace's pokemon are a bit fragile.

I haven't reached Wallace just yet (and watching Chuggaaconroy doesn't really count), but I hear Steven is a better Hoenn Champion, probably because he has a more diverse team. Yeah, he's supposed to be a Steel-type master, but at least he had non-Steel types on his team, meanwhile Wallace's is all Water types. And I really liked his team, especially since him being the champion was a pretty good twist, it was kept secret pretty well (though I swear the family you battle north of Mauville is his family).
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

eeeeven though ive never played ruby or saphire im going to have to go with steven but i do like the fact how wallace was champ enough to beat the elite four
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

I have to go with Steven here. As already stated, he has a more diverse team despite being focusing on one type.
    Not that Wallace is bad, but I do personally think Water is much easier to handle than Steel.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

Steven hands down!!!! I had a harder time against him, even if I try to exploit his team's weaknesses, though Wallace was... well he was easy :/ I didn't have much or no trouble at all slamming him against the wall. But I do give GameFreak a thumbsup for giving a Champion a Water team, which was different. Though I want a re-match against Steven in future games.
    Proud to be Apart of the Hoenn League Land Sector

Credit goes to sworn metalhead of dćdric design

[Check the Clan out Today] - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Hoenn-Triangle

Pokemon Black II FC / RedAce 2280 4499 3152
    Pokemon Black Y FC / RedAce 2595 1158 0379

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    And I really liked his team, especially since him being the champion was a pretty good twist, it was kept secret pretty well (though I swear the family you battle north of Mauville is his family).
    The Winstrates? I don't think they're related. Steven's surname is explicitly stated as Stone, and his father is Mr Stone, the President of Devon Corporation. Meanwhile the last member of the Winstrate family is generally reckoned to be Vito, who can be found on Victory Road. (In the anime "Vito" was explicitly identified as a member of the family).

Honestly, I said Wallace, because Steven just makes so much more sense as the ultimate-trainer person as you battle him in Emerald...

My Friend Safari is Light type.

For me, definitely Wallace. I found him way harder than Steven (even Emerald Steven). I nearly lost to Wallace the first time I fought him on Emerald. Also, Wallace is my favourite Hoenn character, I love Water types, and I love Milotic.

I actually used to strongly dislike Steven, but now I think he's cool. Just not as cool as Wallace. XD

Yeah, I just have to go with Steven. His pokemon cover rock, ground, and steel, as opposed to just water. He actually has a team that fits together, and compliments each others weaknesses.

I have both sapphire and emerald and honestly steven is the better champ IMO
    My Platinum Team:-

Pokemon Diamond FC
    Pokemon Platinum FC
    Pokemon Black FC (Main Game)
    Pokemon White FC
    IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A CLONER THEN LOOK NO FURTHER,I CAN CLONE EVENTS/SHINIES/DW POKEMON .... IT'S UP TO YOU,DON'T HESITATE TO ASK ME

Wallace wasn't easy due to the fact I only trained one Pokemon. But now when I go back I can beat him with a team of lvl 40-50s easily.

Steven on the other hand was hard. I beat him third time on Ruby but as i only trained a Swellow, Hairyama and Sceptile
    in Sapphire I had to send my Ho-oh over from Colo and still I struggled.

so Steven for me was a lot harder.

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

Definitely Steven Stone. I mean...he was just so cool. So cool!

Wallace was a great gym leader (and the closest thing to a womanizer in the game), but wasn't really a great champion.

Steven hands down. I swept Wallace with Gardevoir and Manectric which wasn't EV trained.

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they speak."

~~~Black FC: 0175 6765 7656~~~
    ~~~X FC: 0259 1258 2670~~~

Steven! Wallace is a great Gym Leader, but I was quite disappointed to find him as the Champ. Steven was also perfect because of his constant involvement with you throughout the game and then he's randomly the champ! Loved it. Just like Lance in 2nd Generation (which is still my favorite generation btw).

~Iareto~

Steven for his larger variety. Wallace was easy to defeat with Manectric and Sceptile.
    My Own Personal Shiny Pokemon Caught
    Soft Reset-
    Pokeradar- ( ) ( )
    Random Encounter-

HUNTING FOR SHINY!

Cheating is stupid and cloning shinies is a cheap descrimination of the game.

[-Trinimaster
    My Platinum Team:-

Pokemon Black FC
    1935 9926 4455
    IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A CLONER THEN LOOK NO FURTHER,I CAN CLONE EVENTS/SHINIES/DW POKEMON]
    Last edited by Shiny_Mudkip; 5th April 2012 at 3:19 AM.
    My Own Personal Shiny Pokemon Caught
    Soft Reset-
    Pokeradar- ( ) ( )
    Random Encounter-

HUNTING FOR SHINY!

I will say Steven. He gave me a hard time on the Pokemon League >.<
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Steven. I'm not a big fan of water type GL's, especially the champion.

GodDamnZilla

I liked Steven. I respect him, he's one of the first trainers that EVER gave me trouble. His Skarmory and Cradily made me want to smash a whole in the wall. That's why I liked him, he was a good character who helped me learn to actually train ALL my pokemon instead of just spamming Leaf Blade on everything. (and if it weren't for him and Drake I would have never trained my Flygon and Salamence and just would have left them as Trapinch and Bagon in my PC.)

Now Wallace...Bleh. He was better as a Gym Leader. I just plain don't like him. Water types are pretty easy to beat if you have at least one Grass type and I could OHKO his whole team. Though the cape was a nice touch. Heh. They should have put it in Ruby and Sapphire too.
    "I love yaoi n' yuri shippings"

I liked steven more than Wallace..Steven just gives me a more ''Champion'' feeling, Wallice is easy to beat imo
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I preferred Steven. Steel types are uncommon, and I liked his back-story. Wallace got easily destroyed by my Pikachu, but then again, my Swampert did the trick to Steven. I'm just going to say Steven, because I only played Ruby.

I Love Altaria!<3

Steven. Why, he has a bit of diversity in his team and it's pretty much ready to take on anything. Not only that, Steven looked like he had a better, cooler personality. Wallace is a monotype team, which is a bit disappointing, so you don't really need much strategies, even if he's using what seems to be the best water types in Hoenn. All you need is a good grass or electric type or both and you're good to go. Steven on the other hand, you need a more diverse team to beat him, you need to make better strategy and he was much more challenging and all his Pokes were much more powerful and better looking than Wallace's. I have to admit though Wallace looked good in that cape of his, hehe.

steven seems harder. his armaldo and cradily were hard to beat.

wallace is better as a gym leader. i prefer wallace though as a champion.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast