Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacifidlog Jam! (393)

Hales Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jynx
    sorry, I didn't meant to ask how old you are :P

What I meant was I was not acting like the age I should be :P
    Then I'm not 25 at all I'm 19 and I'm always mature *coughchokesplutter*

Let's just say I know their behind in the guides, but if we're not careful they might get fed up with us asking...

jynx Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hales
    Then I'm not 25 at all I'm 19 and I'm always mature *coughchokesplutter*

Let's just say I know their behind in the guides, but if we're not careful they might get fed up with us asking...
    Oh this is difficult...

OMG i've only seen this part but it's still one of the best contests.

I mean Meowthlord was just LOL. Purple Jynx seemed quite cool but Lillian had to say the funniest line ever when Meowth started doing that thing in the air and it was "i've never seen a Hover Wailord" that was just XD. A Houndoom was a suprise, but Jessie's fake name was "The Jester", puns are at an all time low. >_>;

Well it was a good episode, yay.

EDIT: My only bad point is that the girl was called Erika and the guy was called Joshua >>; I mean Erika, come on ;o;
    Last edited by Torkoal Stu; 1st February 2006 at 9:18 PM.

I'm glad they finally got a dub name for this episode. The complaints people made about this episode not getting dubbed p*ssed me off with their ferocity yesterday, and I mean I was REALLY p*ssed. Trust me, be glad I didn't reply to any. I love the dub, and I can tolerate anti-dub comments to a point.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to both parts of the Pacifilog episodes and the Grand Festival.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

MaskedManAbsolkid is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Before I start, 2 questions:

1) When Jynx blasted Team Rocket off, what that remixed game Champ music or Elite 4 music?
    2) Did I hear some original japanese music? It may just be me, but I thought I heard a few hints of the rival music used in Rival! Masamune enters! or whatever 'Less is Morrison''s japanese title is.

Anyway, this was half decent. Great, but a bit cheap IMO.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

Volt Tackle Guest

This episode was pretty cool. Skitty was a powerful pokemon in the episode. But I think the Assit abuse was just lame. May could at least counter Jynx's Blizzard with Skitty's own.

Yeah but It wouldn't have worked because Jynx is an Ice type and therefore her Blizzard would be stronger. I know that Skitty countered Flamethrower with it but that has some logic. The gust of wind from the Blizzard could have blown the fire and brought it to a halt. There is logic there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

Were is the character Bios of erika joshua on serebii?
    Last edited by Gym Leader Jasmine; 12th February 2006 at 5:50 PM.

I can't see how may's skitty can defeat joshua's houndoom with a blizzard while houndoom uses flamethrower. WEIRD!
    Here we see ash getting very chummy with his bayleef
    Thanks to PPN

way to go for bumping a year old thread -_-
    are we allowed to do that in the anime forum only?

one thing i don't get is why shadow ball, which is a ghost type attack, did any damage to a normal type like skitty?
    You never were there....but you never were here, either...
    This the Prince Manaphy, my bishie. *hugs*
    Thanks to Coronis for the Manaphy sprite and ~*SeijisSeviper*~ for the Anti-Manaphy!

To answer your question, ghost attacks affect normal types but normal attacks don't affect ghost types.

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by XD001emerald
    way to go for bumping a year old thread -_-
    are we allowed to do that in the anime forum only?
    Of course you nitwit. These threads are designated to episode discussions no matter how much time as passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Poké_Master
    To answer your question, ghost attacks affect normal types but normal attacks don't affect ghost types.
    Only in the anime. And it's really stupid.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I know the writers wanted to demonstrate the randomness of Assist, but I think it was a bit much. I found it odd that Razor Leaf was "Assist"ed 2 or 3 times in this contest (over the 2 episodes).

Despite the fact that I knew Skitty would win (America is having Ribbon Cup Caper this week), it was pretty suspenseful waiting for the end-all move for Skitty to pop out of Assist.

I didn't really enjoy the fact that Houndoom lost (kinda like how Skitty humiliated Dusclops).
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Krod Guest

Oooh! I loved this contest! The dusclops contest was much cheaper. I can't wait for the grand festival!

To all you living in the u.s. and don't get to see it:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry, but this is payback for everything you get before us!

Cool

Right two new episode a week compared to three, no Pokemon Chronicles to having Pokemon Chronicles, what do we get first again
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Default Pacifidlog Jam

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster
    Right two new episode a week compared to three, no Pokemon Chronicles to having Pokemon Chronicles, what do we get first again
    I really can't answer that.

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

So I just made a point then
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Geki Guest

Yay!! May won her last ribbon. I liked the contest battle between Houndoom and Skitty, it was pretty cool. Besides the fact that I never actually saw the episode thanks to kidswb, from the pics and guide I've read, it was a good contest episode.

4/5

Dammit all to Hell!

The first time Canada gets a Pokemon episode before the US and I sleep in -_-o
    Well, besides last summer when KidsWB went into re-runs and YTV went truckin' through, but this was an IMPORTANT episode D:

It looked like an awesome episode from pictures though. Oh god, I CANNOT believe I just said "truckin' through" >.>

Quote Originally Posted by .Combusken.
    The first time Canada gets a Pokemon episode before the US and I sleep in -_-o
    I take it you weren't around for Johto season 1. Freaking Brazil got episodes before us. >_<

You guys also got the end of Advanced Challenge before us. That's how I saw the Lunatone episode a week or two early during my trip to Vancouver.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

When this airs next week I shall gouge my eyes out with a lemon as one of my favorite pokemon (Houndoom) is taken out by a Skitty. Glad to see that Skitty getting sent to the gym so we do not have to look at its pathetic face anymore.

This was a good episode. The TC was pretty cool. The part where James slid and hit the building was also funny. BTW, why is is that Shadow Ball always is able to hit a normal type even though in the games, ghost attacks can't affect normal types?

Geki Guest

This was a really great contest, I'm glad that WB decided to air it. Not much that I can say, but I thought Erika was tricking May when she got all lovey dovey after May beat Joshua. Skitty, Jynx, and Houndoom were cool. And OMG, a Transforming Meowth!!

9/10

The Trainer's Choice was really out there for this episode 0_o

I kinda liked the Joshua/Erika concept, but I outright hated Erika. Her voice, her personality, and her design all just annoyed me. Good name, though xD

The animation was....pathetic for this episode, frankly. A lot of animations, particularly Houndoom's Swift, were just copied and pasted. Ironically, though, it seemed as though they put in more effort in animation when it was Jynx they were animating xD Seriously, it was pretty cool looking.

Joshua had a good voice, and a decent design. Good enough for me.

Though I didn't like Erika....at all, I have to say that it's nice to see a person who actually dislikes May(besides Harley, of course). There's nothing wrong with friendly Co-ordinaters, but it gets a bit redundant after a while =/

May's strategy against Jynx irked me a bit. Nothing like the Dusclops episode, of course, but it was still a bit irritating that May got the right move at the right time and right when she needed it.

Anyone else rather like Erika's line of, "Looks like you Assisted the wrong side!"? I dunno, I thought that was rather clever o.o

Overall rating:
    8.4 out of 10
    Decent final contest, all in all. Could've been worse, and could've been better.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion

May's strategy against Jynx was ok because she expected to get fire spin (even though she got the move at the last second).

What I really hated was skitty beating Houndoom. That was even worse than I thought it would be. All of a sudden a weak Skitty's Blizzard takes out Houndooms powerful flamethrower. Pfft pathetic. Luckily, I decided not to gouge my eyes out with a lemon since the next episode was good.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast