Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 167

Thread: Search for the Clubultimate! (732)

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    I have to wait to see the episode again, but I enjoyed viewing the photos. Even though Burgundy lost, it was close, and I have more respect for her battling. Georgia owns.
    It was close? Lol it was far from close. Close is when both Pokemon are about to faint and one just falls. Excadrill took out Dewott with ease at the end.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post


    D= Poor Trip. He's all by his lonesome. He should join Burgundy and Langely...or something. I feel bad seeing him sit by himself. :< I mean, even Foongus guy has a buddy even if it is his foongus...
    That's like me at the school cafeteria most of the time... Don't worry Trip

    Loved the battles and Scraggy begins training
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,746

    Default

    The battles were good, but there were a fair few problems with this episode too.

    Iris VS. Burgundy was one of the better matches of BW. That said, though, it was a bit too long for its own good and took away some time that could have been used to give Georgia VS. Grace more focus; it's a bit unfair, I think, that Georgia is being portrayed as the more competent of herself and Burgundy, but she got a 30 second battle here and probably will be bulldozed by Plot Armor next episode.

    Speaking of Bianca, I'm ready to give up with her. She's gone from an annoying stereotype to an utterly disturbing character with her obsession with Sawk's muscles; to think we thought the Zorua thing was bad in hindsight makes me laugh. With how completely helpless she acted in this episode, it looks clear to me that the only reason she is making it as far as she does is because she brought the biggest gun to this fight with Emboar. Trip is putting up a good fight, though, and from this episode he certainly looks like the one who should be the winner here. I think Bianca may win the battle by Conkeldurr weakening Emboar enough to activate Blaze.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Speaking of Bianca, I'm ready to give up with her. She's gone from an annoying stereotype to an utterly disturbing character with her obsession with Sawk's muscles; to think we thought the Zorua thing was bad in hindsight makes me laugh.
    I agree with that.

    Her behavior in those tournamets made the character become very annoying to me.

    And yes, the Zorua thing is a breeze compared with what we have now haha

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,501

    Default

    Bianca's fine with me, at least she's an attempt at humor, no matter how dead the horse is. I honestly find Burgundy more insufferable. Bianca is what she is, but come on! Burgundy's supposed to be Cilan's rival! Even if she's only a C-Class Sommelier (I've decided to use that since I can never remember how to spell the other thing), she could at least be portrayed as a competent Trainer! I'm not saying Bianca is either, but despite her ditzy personality, at least she's been shown to win. Show me one major victory Burgundy's had, excluding Striaton Gym. That's all I want to say.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

    Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

    As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Speaking of Bianca, I'm ready to give up with her. She's gone from an annoying stereotype to an utterly disturbing character with her obsession with Sawk's muscles; to think we thought the Zorua thing was bad in hindsight makes me laugh. With how completely helpless she acted in this episode, it looks clear to me that the only reason she is making it as far as she does is because she brought the biggest gun to this fight with Emboar. Trip is putting up a good fight, though, and from this episode he certainly looks like the one who should be the winner here. I think Bianca may win the battle by Conkeldurr weakening Emboar enough to activate Blaze.
    Wow, I didn't even have to say this. Someone already said it for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Osiris View Post
    Bianca's fine with me, at least she's an attempt at humor, no matter how dead the horse is. I honestly find Burgundy more insufferable. Bianca is what she is, but come on! Burgundy's supposed to be Cilan's rival! Even if she's only a C-Class Sommelier (I've decided to use that since I can never remember how to spell the other thing), she could at least be portrayed as a competent Trainer! I'm not saying Bianca is either, but despite her ditzy personality, at least she's been shown to win. Show me one major victory Burgundy's had, excluding Striaton Gym. That's all I want to say.
    I don't think it was ever mentioned that she was Cilan's rival, actually. She just appears on screen and bothers him.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post
    I agree with that.

    Her behavior in those tournamets made the character become very annoying to me.

    And yes, the Zorua thing is a breeze compared with what we have now haha
    If you don't like her now, wait until the league. It might get worse.

    However, I'm glad Georgia was able to take out a dragon for once. (Would have been happier if it was Axew)

    My ideal battle ever!

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post

    Speaking of Bianca, I'm ready to give up with her. She's gone from an annoying stereotype to an utterly disturbing character with her obsession with Sawk's muscles; to think we thought the Zorua thing was bad in hindsight makes me laugh. With how completely helpless she acted in this episode, it looks clear to me that the only reason she is making it as far as she does is because she brought the biggest gun to this fight with Emboar. Trip is putting up a good fight, though, and from this episode he certainly looks like the one who should be the winner here. I think Bianca may win the battle by Conkeldurr weakening Emboar enough to activate Blaze.
    You don't speak for everyone in the fanbase, there's plenty of people that like Bianca and her antics.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Oh man, just saw the episode and it kinda makes me wish that Best Wishes was nothing but Don Battles. These are clearly my favorite episodes! I love seeing these rival vs. rival matches as well lots of character interaction! And Bel, LET ME LOVE YOU! I laughed so hard, when she was harassing Kenyan and his muscles/stomach! xD I so so so ship them now. Actually I ship Kenyan to everyone. God, this was, yet again, a fantastic episode.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    If you don't like her now, wait until the league. It might get worse.

    However, I'm glad Georgia was able to take out a dragon for once. (Would have been happier if it was Axew)
    Are you serious right now? Just about every knows you hate Bel, and her Enbuoh as well, no need to bring up your hatred and bash her every chance you get..........


    In regards to Langley, it was nice to see her attain a swift victory, it cements the fact that she can be a serious contender.

    Masaomi's battle was also a swift win, but that was expected as he was hyped as powerful and the prior Champion of the tournament.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zino View Post
    Oh man, just saw the episode and it kinda makes me wish that Best Wishes was nothing but Don Battles. These are clearly my favorite episodes! I love seeing these rival vs. rival matches as well lots of character interaction! And Bel, LET ME LOVE YOU! I laughed so hard, when she was harassing Kenyan and his muscles/stomach! xD I so so so ship them now. Actually I ship Kenyan to everyone. God, this was, yet again, a fantastic episode.
    If it was nothing but Don battles, we would just see the same pokemon all the time. The tournaments are great, but the gap in-between is needed because everyone can catch new pokemon (hopefully they do) and use them in the next tournament.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 23rd March 2012 at 9:11 PM.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Are you serious right now? Just about every knows you hate Bel, and her Enbuoh as well, no need to bring up your hatred and bash her every chance you get..........
    I don't hate her or her Pokemon. I was just trying to calm the mood for Spider up there. But yes, not everyone likes her. But that's not my problem. I'm happy she's not being a punching bag here and is getting some on screen wins and development because pushing Ash in the water, drooling over Pokemon that's not hers and running into people all the time wasn't too cool either. Good episode though. 9/10

    My ideal battle ever!

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Can someone please translate what Trip said about Excadrill and Dewott while he was looking at the pictures he took of them?

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    All over the place
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Alright a few things to say about his one...

    The Dewott/ Excadrill battle was awesome but it was slight overkill...I mean they basically had excadrill flip dewott into the air and then drill straight into it...kinda brutal...but still good. As for Georgia's battle, I liked how short it was despite being the titular battle...really shows off the power of bisharp...as for Masaomi, I really hate that guy...His arrogance is through the roof and he has a blegh pokemon at that...How it defeated mienshao so quickly was not enjoyable...but that part where mienshao was doing high jump kick looked pretty cool like it was flying...also, has anyone noticed that Ash doesn't bother to scan new pokemon anymore? The only poke he scanne din these two episodes were conkeldurr, throh and mienshao...didn't even bother to scan bisharp, simisage, emboar, or simipour...Also, emboar looks pretty good in the anime...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

    Omega Ruby Team:

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    If you don't like her now, wait until the league. It might get worse.
    Actually, I used to like her and she was fine to me. But those gags with Zorua in the first tournament made her become a bit annoying to me. Then, it started this new one and the character became just... unappealing to me.

  16. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Can someone please translate what Trip said about Excadrill and Dewott while he was looking at the pictures he took of them?
    Shooti: " Now that I understand Futachimaru and Doryuuzu's true power, I have no further need to take photos....."

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,206

    Default

    Ugh, I have nothing against Belle, but the muscle obsession is getting old quickly. :/

    All that precious time they spent on drawing/coloring/animating that Belle all over Kenyan scene could have been very well spent on prolonging some of the battles, especially the Crimgan vs. Kirikizan battle which was quite short for the supposed "main battle" of the episode.


  18. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    Ugh, I have nothing against Belle, but the muscle obsession is getting old quickly. :/

    All that precious time they spent on drawing/coloring/animating that Belle all over Kenyan scene could have been very well spent on prolonging some of the battles, especially the Crimgan vs. Kirikizan battle which was quite short for the supposed "main battle" of the episode.
    Furthermore, on the Topic of Bel, while we still have no idea how Enbuoh got to the stadium battlefield all by himself, Bel's late arrival was due to her trying to track down Domon's Kojondo, in order to grope/poke at its muscles...........

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Furthermore, on the Topic of Bel, while we still have no idea how Enbuoh got to the stadium battlefield all by himself, Bel's late arrival was due to her trying to track down Domon's Kojondo, in order to grope/poke at its muscles...........
    I noticed that too. Or maybe she let him out of her ball and then went of searching for Kojondo.


  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Shooti: " Now that I understand Futachimaru and Doryuuzu's true power, I have no further need to take photos....."
    Thanks for the info

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,172

    Default

    I wonder...

    Does anyone else think that Bianca might have OCD? it is true that she keeps repeating behaviors


    “...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,838

    Default

    OMG Emboar looked awesome!!!!!!!! And I think the it's so fat it can't move thing was debunked too lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dragon Roost Island
    Posts
    5,142

    Default

    Emboar looks fantastic animated. Ash must have it :u

    I...don't understand why this episode was called Bisharp vs Druddigon. That fight lasted, what, 40 seconds? Dewott vs Excadrill or Emboar vs Conkeldurr would have been much better. The other battles were great though, especially Dewott vs Excadrill. Conkeldurr vs Emboar is shaping up to be a good battle too. Bianca's muscle fetish is getting annoying, but it's still not as bas as her Zorua obsession :c

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    You don't speak for everyone in the fanbase, there's plenty of people that like Bianca and her antics.
    You should have seen the episode threads for the first Don George tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Shooti: " Now that I understand Futachimaru and Doryuuzu's true power, I have no further need to take photos....."
    Those two are strong? Silly Trip. They're not that great, lol.

  25. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    You should have seen the episode threads for the first Don George tournament.



    Those two are strong? Silly Trip. They're not that great, lol.
    You misunderstand, Shooti was gauging their power, trying to understand the nature and extent of their power.

    Shooti never said they were weak or strong.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •