Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Search for the Clubultimate! (732)

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Didn't you say earlier Trip was a more pathetic rival than Bianca? Your attitude seems to have flipped, though I agree. Trip deserved this win more than Bianca.
    You've got a point. I don't want the writers to pull a troll and start beating up everybody after all this or if he desides to get depressed.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

The match between Iris and Burgundy should've ended with Revenge. It was pretty lame how Burgundy outstrategized Iris pretty much the entire match and then still lost.
    Help spread the Dragonbuster Love!
    Hail to Saint Georgia!

I was pleasantly surprised when Excadrill won. Normally when a Pokemon has a 'secret strategy' like Dewott's, they win. The turnaround was a nice touch, even if it did mean the predictable ending of Iris winning.

Bianca...seriously needs therapy.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Finished watching the video version.

I loved when Bianca got head-butted by Scraggy, not because of the Headbutt but because of her voice when she got hit...but her getting hit is funny too, slapstick humor will never die on Pokemon.

Dewott vs Excadrill-Trip and Masaomi walking off was nice, makes the tournament more realistic to have people who don't care to see the whole thing. Nice seeing Georgia comment on how Iris has grown(Of course she says she only grew a little, she obviously doesn't want to completely flatter Iris) and saying how she's more worthy to be her opponent. The battle was pretty long, although there was a bunch of talking here and there but even still it was pretty long, it was enjoyable to me, although I do wish Burgundy won just so she could get a win, maybe next tournament.

Break-I like that Burgundy is vowing revenge on Iris, make me more confident for a Iris and Cilan vs Burgundy and Georgia double battle. Also nice seeing all the rivalry interactions. Ash training Scraggy to master Focus Blast is nice to see. Bianca doing her thing is amusing to me. Rival build up between Masaomi and Stephan and their Pokemon was nice too.

Simipour vs Simisear-Nothing really to comment on, but I wish there would have been some talk from Chakkie, I don't believe he speaks at all in this tournament, at most one line, such a shame with such an interesting design and has relations with Akkie and Bakkie, still hoping for them to return again to face Cilan, Chili, and Cress, it would feel like such a waste to have these three not appear again to me.

Druddigon vs Bisharp-Wow, Metal Sound sounds awful...no wonder it messes Pokemon up. Battle was pretty quick, but I feel that just adds onto Georgia so I have no issue with the length.

Throh vs Mienshao-Another quick battle, another that I feel is best to be that way, adds to Masaomi. More rival build up too.

Conkeldurr vs Emboar-I love how Bianca isn't there at the start, and she says it's because she was touching Mienshao's muscles...oh Bianca you crazy girl. I like that Georgia and Burgundy are commenting on Trip's performance, not really an interaction with him but it's probably the closest we'll get considering Trip isn't very social with people. I enjoyed the battle from what has been shown so far, Trip despite the fact he's going to lose shows he has his strategies and that in battle which is nice to see.

Overall, I liked the episode.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    The match between Iris and Burgundy should've ended with Revenge. It was pretty lame how Burgundy outstrategized Iris pretty much the entire match and then still lost.
    Wasn't Revenge the only attack Burgundy got on Excadrill? I'm glad he didn't faint.

It was an alright episode. Seems the animators are stepping it up since all the recent battles lately have been showing a lot of explosions and exaggerated screen movements. I have to agree with that whole "why can't Enbuoh just jump out" thing though.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    -Dewott's shells can stop Excadrill's Drill Run? What the hell are those thing made of, diamond?
    It's been stated by the Pokedex either in-game or in the anime that Oshawott and Dewott's scalchops are made of keratin, the same stuff that our fingernails and hair are made of. That stuff actually is pretty durable, from a scientific point of view.

But seriously, how is Emboar still alive after Conkeldurr meteor smashed him with the concrete pillars? That's the kind of blow that could put Superman in a hospital!
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

I really liked the characterization in this episode (even though I have to question Georgia's judgement in using a Dark/Steel pokemon in a predominantly fighting type tournament). Georgia and Burgundy come across as having matured just as much as the main characters, and Montgomery looked downright dominant.

I've always felt the battles are what lies at the heart of the anime, so I'll always enjoy a good tournament arc.

I don't know if it's been around before and if this is just the first time I've noticed it, but there was a really cool remix of the trainer theme from Black and White during the battles.

All-in-all, good stuff.

Burgundy VS Iris was a great battle, and Georgia started to lighten up on battling Iris more. Then Georgia stepped up and took out Gale's Druddigon with no sweat. Kind of a let down, but at least we paced through that part. Trip VS Bianca looks like it will be a let down for Trip. Surprised how Emboar didn't go down from all those effective attacks, but the show had done moves like this before. Remember Paul's Ursaring during the Sinnoh League?

Is anybody else feeling the same on how weird it is Bianca "admires" a varity of fighting Pokemon muscles?

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Hope simipour is used in the next lineup so ash can look it up in the pokedex.

What an exciting episode.

The star battle has to be Burgandy vs Iris it was full of grit and determination, it was wonderful. At some point I thought that both trainers had the battle, but it was Iris who prevailed. We rattled through Georgia's and Montgomery's battles but Throh looks the strongest at this point (as stated by Don George). We finished with Trip vs Bianca, Trip seems to have the upper hand but can he take control of his advantage and finish off the battle? Only time will tell.

Anyway, excellent battle. On to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I liked this episode although parts of it were disappointing. I really wanted the battle between Druddigon and Bisharp to last longer and WTF Emboar? You seriously can't get out of those 3ft high rocks?
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698
    Twitter/ Tumblr /Secret Base

I'm shipping Bianca and Stefhon from now on XD

It was a good episode. Iris beats Burgundy and Burgundy beats Gale. Bianca is having a hard time fighting Trip, can she beat him?

nice episode.... burgundy is getting much stronger.. i like that , and do i see a shipping between stefan and bianca

This episode turned out rather well. I enjoyed how all the battles played out and found it pretty funny how Bianca took such a liking to the confused fighting type pokemon.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I think they forgot that bisharp is supposed to be female...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    I think they forgot that bisharp is supposed to be female...
    Bisharp had a masculine voice in the Japanese version as well. While she had a feminine voice also in both versions back when she was a Pawniard.

A Pokémon's gender isn't always represented by their voice. Like Jessie's Yanmega, also there was a Mandibuzz with masculine voice in the original.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 22nd July 2012 at 3:13 AM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Decent episode. The battles were fine, but the battle between Dewott and Excadrill was great. Let's see if Bianca can have Emboar turn the tables.

The only one who doesn't seem to be maturing at all is Bianca with her Pokemon(!) muscle fetish. Seriously, even a Mienshao looks as bland like a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Goomba Bulbs Jr. View Post
    Hope simipour is used in the next lineup so ash can look it up in the pokedex.
    Why would you want Ash to scan Simipour?

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Why would you want Ash to scan Simipour?
    Because Ash looks up everything new in the Pokedex. And a lot of old ones, too . . . but that's beside the point.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

It's a shame Montgomery isn't a reoccurring character, the writers created a better rivalry between him and Stephan than with all the main cast and there respective rivals.

Bianca is being unusually creepy today. And that's saying something.

You know, the starter power-up abilities haven't been brought up in quite a while. They had a perfect opportunity here, and they did nothing.

Wow. A Who's that Pokemon with a pokemon that didn't make an appearance in the episode yet. Or at all up to this point IIRC.

I know Focus Blast in an inaccurate move, but this is ridiculous. -_-

Aw. No around the world for Seismic Toss?

Wait what? When did Bianca's Pignite evolve? They didn't even talk about it.

It could just climb out. The rocks aren't that high. <_<

Bianca & Georgia probably the only competent battlers we have so can we please stop saddling with stupid personality traits it's not funny. The boring filler continues.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    Bianca & Georgia probably the only competent battlers we have so can we please stop saddling with stupid personality traits it's not funny. The boring filler continues.
    Bianca just started to become a competent battler and despite Georgia's childish rants with Iris, she has always be a capable battler.

My ideal battle ever!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast