Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Necrosis Discussion

Default Shadow Necrosis Discussion

SHADOW NECROSIS DISCUSSION
    By Avenger Angel and Meeker
    Approved by Psychic

ROLE PLAY: Right here

RULES

• Meeker and I are the overseers. We try to be friendly and we don't bite, but it does help if you cooperate and hear us out.
    • Serebii rules apply, but you already knew about that. Just a friendly reminder.
    • Bunnying rules for the RP are a little more lax, since getting healed and even revived is possible. But don't one-hit kill anyone's player character. If you think your post might be unfair, chances are good it is. If unsure, run it by me first and don't hesitate to ask questions. My VM/PM box is always open and ready.
    • God-modding restrictions are a little more lax too. I definitely don't mind characters building up their power and buffing themselves out with self-assigned side quests and whatnot, just so as long as they never become completely invincible. Even Godzilla and Chuck Norris have a weakness somewhere.
    • I'm not expecting you to surrender your life and every waking moment to this RP, but we'd like if you try to remember us and keep active when you can. It helps and keeps things fun, fresh, and active.
    • If you're waiting on another person to post and it's taking them quite a while, hang up the phone and break away from them by having something else grab your character's attention. This helps by making sure lots of people don't stay waiting and get locked up just from one person's inactivity.
    • Try to keep the chat focused on the RP itself. A little bit of off-topic discussion is okay, just so as long as at least some part of your post relates to the RP.

RP DETAILS

Spoiler:- In Case You Need It...:

ADDITIONS

When the RP begins, I'd like people to do the following. I'm not going to chew you out if you slip on these, but I think they would help.

HEADER FOR EACH POST

Something that looks like this would be fine:

Axel the Charizard (Character name and Species)
    Order of Xiav (Faction)
    Goldenrod City, Johto (Location)
    Affected RPers: Xeth - (KnightOfNi) (What PC characters your character is interacting with and the member name of who owns them).

This makes it easy for people to remember your character's name, what side they're on, and where they can be found without having to pull up the whole character's sign up and backtrack through your posts to find out where your character is. Also, if you have multiple characters, this lets people know which one you're writing for.

Also, the "Affected RPers" part gives people a heads up alert whenever another PC character is interacting with theirs, especially if they're being attacked. If you see your character's name in someone else's header, it's definitely a post you should read carefully.

QUOTE YOUR ABILITY/SPELL/CURSE WHEN ITS USED

Again, this saves people the trouble and agony from having to look it up on your sign up along with saving them from having to figure out which one you're using. When you use one of your character's seven special faction abilities, quote it right in the RP narrative so people know what it is and what it does. So your RP narrative should look something like this example:

I licked my chops at these quivering fools. These pathetic excuses for Pokémon. My name, Krovax the Dreaded, would spread among them and would be synonymous with fear. I would be the one Zoroark that they could not lay eyes upon without anguish. And for that, I could enjoy a banquet of infamy. It was what I always wanted.

I held out my open hand, sneered with a laughter of madness, and then gathered my dark, wicked energy to feast upon their souls with ravenous hunger. The orb of hated shadow flames summoned from the depths of the darkest nightmares swarmed around my hand, and then when it was ready to devour, I unleashed it upon the screaming villagers as they tried to flee with laughable failure.

NIGHTMARE FIRE - Drawn from the depths of the darkest dreams and night terrors, these flesh and mind-consuming flames relentlessly consume their victims until barely even ash remains.
    NPC Effect - NPCs are savagely devoured by the fire until nothing remains, unable to put it out even with water or smothering.
    PC Effect - PCs take heavy burns, but the flames have the tendency to burn out before the victim is fully consumed if the PC's will to survive is strong enough.
    All four of the squealing villagers were suddenly overwhelmed with an engulfing inferno of shadow nightmare flame. As they cried, I simply turned my back on them, walking away, laughing like a madman. Truly, they were obvious to true power, and they only learned far too late...

So yeah, just stick with that kind of setup, I feel it would be pretty helpful on everybody.

SONNE FORCES

Spoiler:- Sonne Forces:

XIAV FORCES

Spoiler:- Xiav Forces:

CURRENT REGION STATUS
    Thanks to Brutaka for these map updates
    Last edited by Avenger Angel; 18th December 2013 at 5:08 AM.

Yeah! We finally got a discussion thread!
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Meeker View Post
    Yeah! We finally got a discussion thread!
    Yep, thanks to Psychic.

Anyway, the other thing I was thinking of implementing would be something that details which areas of Johto are held by which faction, and which ones are contested between the two. As the RP progresses, factions could lose control over certain areas, and some of the contested areas may fall under the complete control of either faction depending on the results of the conflicts that happen there.

So for example, the RP may start with this:

NEW BARK TOWN - Sonne Controlled
    CHERRYGROVE CITY - Sonne Controlled
    BLACKTHORN CITY - Sonne Controlled
    MAHOGANY TOWN - Sonne Controlled
    VIOLET CITY - Contested
    ECRUTEAK CITY - Contested
    AZALEA TOWN - Contested
    GOLDENROD CITY - Xiav Controlled
    OLIVINE CITY - Xiav Controlled
    CIANWOOD CITY - Xiav Controlled

(I figured Sonne would get two towns in exchange for Xiav having control over Goldenrod City)

But anyway, how would people feel about that kind of setup? In essence, while losing control over certain areas may seem bad, it results in the other side probably spreading themselves thin, which could allow the other side to attack other areas. Besides, when one side may be down to one or two cities left, those areas will be extremely well-defended. I doubt either side will be entirely wiped out until some kind of climax and epilogue is decided on.

I like the setup, but I think that Sonne would start with more cities, and considering their offensive power, they could take a city easily. I'd expect more of the small towns to be owned by Xiav, and the bigger cities to be controlled by Sonne. Or maybe there would be cities owned by Xiav that are scattered around the region?
    Author's Profile

I like the setup, but I think that Sonne would start with more cities, and considering their offensive power, they could take a city easily. I'd expect more of the small towns to be owned by Xiav, and the bigger cities to be controlled by Sonne. Or maybe there would be cities owned by Xiav that are scattered around the region?
    Well, I could easily swap what Sonne owns with what Xiav owns. I was just putting this out there as a hypothetical thing, but what you're saying does make sense and seems logical.

I the set up is fine. I think it's reasonable that the Sonne are taking control of small towns because the Xiav wants to take control and they captured the capital. But Meeker does make a point.

Banner by Brutaka, Buttons and Userbar by Astral Shadow

This looks pretty cool. I like the set-up too.
    Also a good ideas to quote the spells when using them.

I think with the Xiav being fairly new and a smaller faction that they would be in possession of more towns than going straight for the capital. Perhaps that would be their ultimate goal?

However, it really does depends on the sort of backing the Xiav have. Perhaps they have corrupt the government and thus achieving control of Goldenrod city would have been a walk in the park.

Either way is easily explained and dependent on what sort of backing the factions have. It is possible that the Sonne are the struggling faction here and are dependent on aid from smaller towns and have kinda been forced into exile.

Ah so many choices! I am excited for this one <3

Well, my original idea was that Xiav struck first for several years when it came to getting control, while Sonne wanted to stay underground and still be only rumored to exist to keep their secrets safe. However, the situation with Xiav got so out of Sonne's control that they needed to step out into the open and finally reveal themselves after so many generations of being an underground witch-hunter group, regardless of the kind of scrutiny they would get. Because they were hesitant at first, they lost out on the opportunity to stop Xiav from gaining control of some of the larger cities, but they were able to use their influence and abilities to gain a foothold in some of the smaller towns like Blackthorn and New Bark that are secluded from main crossroads of society.

Ultimately, I think either way would work fine, but I think seeing Xiav turning Goldenrod City into a dark, foreboding place would be great for setting. Kind of like the big, dark castle or the foreboding fortress that villains typically like to use as their home sweet home. Also, it seems Sonne has a few more members than Xiav, so I thought I'd give Xiav a bit more of an advantage.

That sounds great too! Honestly whatever is chosen is going to be awesome =)

I had one question. If later on in the RP one wished to create another character, would that be okay? Or would you prefer the exclusivity of only being aloud one character on one side?

^^^

Considering I have one character on each side of the board, you should be fine. Can't speak for AA, though, regarding later characters.
    Also, as it currently stands with the player distribution, I prefer Xiav having the larger cities. Balances out in my opinion.
    Last edited by Agent Tectonic; 30th October 2013 at 9:05 PM.
    credits for pic and banner: Avenger Angel and Brutaka

I have claimed Sceptile

Destiny's Forge: click sig.
    ARD: UNDER REVISIONAL HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!

Also read Essense of Law.

I have an idea, how about we split Goldenrod into different sections? Each faction gets one half of the total amount.
    Author's Profile

I have an idea, how about we split Goldenrod into different sections? Each faction gets one half of the total amount.
    For the leader of the Xiav, you are being far too diplomatic, sir.
    Given Xiav personality, they'd go AFTER the big cities first. Higher population density = shadier streets. Much easier to do dark stuff the higher the population density. It just wouldn't be so ''out in the open" so maybe Xiav controls GoldenRod's purse-strings, the back allies, and government; just not so openly obvious during the day?
    What point would the Xiav have taking areas with few population unless they had high strategic value?
    Just thinking how Xiav would think, I think they'd totally risk most of their resources in keeping goldenrod.

I vote for Xiav shadow-control on Goldenrod, else it being a 'neutral city' during the day, or atleast ''heavily influenced'' by xiav.
    Current status: Made a quick fun RPG! Come check it out! The Link of Zelda: Titled:
    Gods of an Unown World

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twin: Cdra1617 :3
    Bishie: Lenne <3

“Great Spirit and the Maker of all Life ... A warrior goes to you swift and straight as an arrow shot into the sun. Welcome him and let him take his place at the council fire of my people. He is Uncas, my son. Bid them patience and ask death for speed; for they are all there but one -- I, Chingachgook -- Last of the Mohicans.”
    ~Chingachgook,
    Last of t he Mohicans

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonBreederChris View Post
    For the leader of the Xiav, you are being far too diplomatic, sir.
    That's only in the game. I think it would be interesting to see Goldenrod be the main hub of conflict from the start it we can have it that way. It makes things much more interesting.
    Author's Profile

Or what if, instead, Goldrenrod is untouched, and thats the city both sides are working towards? Along with a couple in the middle, like Violet and Olivine City, for example.
    ~Author's Profile ||~|| <Fly High Graphics> ~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 31% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~

Quote Originally Posted by Brutaka View Post
    Or what if, instead, Goldrenrod is untouched, and thats the city both sides are working towards? Along with a couple in the middle, like Violet and Olivine City, for example.
    I considered that. Don't know why I didn't propose it... Anyway, that would work.
    Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Brutaka View Post
    I was wondering if some of the underground Sonne pathways could accidentally lead to the Goldenrod tunnels, or at least it is found by accident by some of the Sonne infantry. That could add some sort of depth to the adventure, I believe.

I also like the setup, too. I'm pretty sure I'll start Raphael off in Blackthorn City.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Hey guys, looking forward to see how this RPG goes along. It should be interesting considering the people we have here. Anyways, I skimmed the DQ and I'm getting really bored of this discussion of boundaries. I mean, considering the characters in Xiav (Mainly mine, arguably the sanest one out of all of them and the least malicious, most likely), it would make sense for them to have control of Goldenrod. Having someone who ranks very high in politics and being able to be their voice to the public (I'm just assuming this, but I'm pretty sure most of us can agree on this) gives them a good advantage in being able to control Goldenrod. Sometimes I think it would be for the best if we analyzed every character's strength and weaknesses in their respective factions instead of the faction as a whole on making decisions like these. There are some characters would allow these placements to make sense.

Of course, this is just all my opinion. I'm just a trickster, after all XD. Also excited to see if we get a Tvtropes page or have Gaias made of our characters.

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
    Hey guys, looking forward to see how this RPG goes along. It should be interesting considering the people we have here. Anyways, I skimmed the DQ and I'm getting really bored of this discussion of boundaries. I mean, considering the characters in Xiav (Mainly mine, arguably the sanest one out of all of them and the least malicious, most likely), it would make sense for them to have control of Goldenrod. Having someone who ranks very high in politics and being able to be their voice to the public (I'm just assuming this, but I'm pretty sure most of us can agree on this) gives them a good advantage in being able to control Goldenrod. Sometimes I think it would be for the best if we analyzed every character's strength and weaknesses in their respective factions instead of the faction as a whole on making decisions like these. There are some characters would allow these placements to make sense.

Of course, this is just all my opinion. I'm just a trickster, after all XD. Also excited to see if we get a Tvtropes page or have Gaias made of our characters.
    That does make sense, but I don't think that just one Pokemon would be able to sway the entire largest city in the region on their side. Xiav would have a foothold, no doubt, but not the entire city.

Yes, that would be awesome to see a TVTropes page on my character. Oh, how people would think I'm insane! You guys don't think I'm insane, do you?
    Author's Profile

That does make sense, but I don't think that just one Pokemon would be able to sway the entire largest city in the region on their side. Xiav would have a foothold, no doubt, but not the entire city.

Yes, that would be awesome to see a TVTropes page on my character. Oh, how people would think I'm insane! You guys don't think I'm insane, do you?
    Said Pokemon is able to sway a third of arguably the largest region to date, even so it is his job to govern them. Just wanting to point that out there, and I forgot who said this and I'm too lazy to scroll up Meeks, but someone did say something along the lines "ruling in shadows or at night." It's sort of like a gang, they don't rule the city, but they have a lot of members in their faction in the city itself, and sort of rule the "underworld" of the city. I guess that's what I'm trying to say. My character's role in the beginning is most likely going to be a mediator to the public.

Meeks, I'm the mentally insane one. I'm pretty sure the rest of the WoJ can agree with me on this. Though the problem with a Tvtropes page is creating it, and not going trope happy on your characters since the tropes aren't always completely accurate.

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Eh, in the end, I think we'll leave Goldenrod in Xiav's hands. It just seems to make more sense for them to control it.

Anyway, I was thinking of starting the RP on Saturday, November 2nd. Does that work for you guys, or would you want it later/earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
    Said Pokemon is able to sway a third of arguably the largest region to date, even so it is his job to govern them. Just wanting to point that out there, and I forgot who said this and I'm too lazy to scroll up Meeks, but someone did say something along the lines "ruling in shadows or at night." It's sort of like a gang, they don't rule the city, but they have a lot of members in their faction in the city itself, and sort of rule the "underworld" of the city. I guess that's what I'm trying to say. My character's role in the beginning is most likely going to be a mediator to the public.
    Makes sense. A foothold, but not complete control.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Angel
    Anyway, I was thinking of starting the RP on Saturday, November 2nd. Does that work for you guys, or would you want it later/earlier?
    Personally, I'd prefer if we could get things started on Friday.
    Author's Profile

Friday sounds good. Probably wont be able to post the weekend though.

Also Angel...since we have so many players, should we put what rpers will be affected at the beginning of our posts? I've seen that done with a few other rps, so I was just wondering.

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Of Twilight View Post
    Also Angel...since we have so many players, should we put what rpers will be affected at the beginning of our posts? I've seen that done with a few other rps, so I was just wondering.
    I second this. It was the main way I found out which posts I did and didn't need to read. It's a very helpful thing indeed.
    Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Of Twilight View Post
    Friday sounds good. Probably wont be able to post the weekend though.

Okay, Friday sounds good. Another reason to celebrate TGIF.

And yeah, forgot about that, that's a good idea. I'll add that to the first post.

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast