Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Persona- BOSS

Not really that short, if you look back at UtGoG.
    We had some short posts back then.
    Yours was perfectly acceptable in length.

EDIT: You know you're tired when you look at a correctly spelled 'acceptable' and say: "How silly am I? That should be a 'p' not a 'b'."
    Last edited by Zincspider; 4th April 2012 at 3:26 PM.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

Sorry about my lack of posts. I'll work on it today, since Levin could use some interaction so he won't appear (even more) out of nowhere.

Posted!
    I feel like I'm back on a roll.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

HAPPY ELIZABETH DAY, EVERYONE :3

Now starring uber-Thanatos, with all the elements!
    And Diarama and permanent Invigorate and trapping opponents in Tarot cards and OH MY.

Also, it is proven impossible for Elizabeth to actually lose. Ever.
        Spoiler:- The real BOSS:

In other news, everything Jihl Nabaat says in FFXIII-2 was rubbing off on me. And I was listening to the Charlie's Angels theme whilst writing that post... It's weird.

Oh, and they've announced Persona 3: FES for PS2 Classics on PS3 for $10. Yay!

Last edited by Wordy; 6th April 2012 at 2:35 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3963-5379

Alrighty then, while Wordy has posted a picture that reminds me of MySpace stickers and FaceBook updates that are desperately trying to get attention for somthing witty someone else has written, I have decided somthing that needs to be implimented imediately.
    Namely, the abolition of the Water and Earth elements.
    Seriously. No one uses them, and I will never use them on a Shadow. If you have one of these as a weakness or strength, remove it imideately, and post your new sheet.
    WARNING!

I dont even know any SMT games that uses those elements.
    Is there something wrong with me?

No, there isn't anything wrong with you.
    Persona 1 and 2 used them, that I know, but we don't need them at all. I think they were removed for a reason. Because they aren't needed.

EDIT: Also, while editing, I'd like those who have to edit to post their new Strengths and Weaknesses here.
    We're also around level 35 right now to use the regular Persona scale, so if you guys want to look over your skills and power up or down accordingly, also post that here for me to approve (because I don't want to have to go back to the DT and look at everything.)
    Last edited by Zincspider; 6th April 2012 at 2:59 AM.
    WARNING!

They are necessary... I just can't think why right now.

So I looked back and Ciara's weaknesses were Dark and Earth, so I'll change that, shall I?
        Spoiler:- Ciara Skill Sheet updated:

lol"Magic"

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3963-5379

Also, were did everyone go?
    It, like, died here.
    Niihyl? TSR? IF?
    Bliv? Ysa? Kuriria?
    GH? JK? Marbly? SoS?
    Anyone?
    WARNING!

GH is settling to his or her new place, and will be afk most of the time

As for everyone else...
    Easter vk?

Or caught up in writing? ClicheStorm has hooked me again (so much to do with Nimbasa). Actually, today was my off/gaming day of the week. It did get weirdly quiet in here.

Level 35 then. I should go check on other healers and see what to adjust.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Had minor things to do over the last two days, otherwise haven't had much to contribute to conversation/game. Also been playing Persona2:IS and being generally annoyed at being sent to run around in circles.

Both of Sigmund's weaknesses were the ones that have been removed - changed his weakness to light, removed his wind resistance and scaled his skills against the ally personas in P3 and P4. Revised edition:

Persona Element: Fire
    Weapon Element: Strike
    Phys: -
    Slash: -
    Strike: -
    Pierce: -
    Fire: Str
    Ice: -
    Lightning: -
    Wind: -
    Light: Wk
    Dark: -

Skills:
    Agilao
    Marakukaja (Radius ~3m)
    Red Wall
    Blazing Burst (Fire-based Tarukaja mutation)
    Maragi (Radius ~2m)

Next:
    Power Charge
    Maragion (good call, Niihyl)
    Fire Boost
    Last edited by Blivsey; 6th April 2012 at 6:12 AM.

Eh, I was waiting for Wordy. I'll post now. Also, Batman: Arkham City and SSX were 29.99 as opposed to 59.99, so I picked those up.

Hey, Earth and Water are pretty standard elements. If you want ridiculous, there was a Nuclear element. Also, the Digital Devil Saga games had Earth and Water. One of the main characters was earth-element.

I'll post a new status here in a bit, probably changing Water weakness to Fire, since fire repels evil darkness. Will have to look around for skills, since 'Lvl 35' is pretty vague in Persona's wild list of available skills. As Bliv astutely said, it's probably best to base skills on allies from P3/4. So, multi-target Ma- skills, second level attack skills like Zionga, Agilao, and Bufula at this point too; most of your allies in the Persona games pick up second-level attacks by their 20s to 30s.

Also of note, it's Maragion, rather than Maragilao, isn't it?

P.S.: Finally, enough of the Juan userbar. I was getting tired of that.
    Friend Code: 0404-6904-4521
    Ghost Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb

I was spending my week in essay hell, sorry Zincy. But why was I last on that list

Joshua was neutral to water and earth anyway, so his SU doesn't change. That said, I'm adding something to Aria, so that Shiva can power it up to Mediarama strength, mmkay?

Strengths/Weaknesses:
    XII. Joshua Sands | Tower Arcana
    Persona
    : Shiva, Lord of the Dance
    Weapon: Fencing Saber
    Primary Element: Ice
    Fire: Wk
    Ice: Str
    Lightning: Wk
    Wind: Str
    Light: -

Abilities:
    Diamond Dust – An exceptionally bitter, cold wind blows across the area, inflicting weak Ice element damage to all enemies. However, it also has the effect of slowing them as their joints become much stiffer because of the cold, and it is difficult for them to move. Slightly weaker than Mabufu.
    Aria – A tender, sweet song soothes Joshua's allies, and bolsters their spirits, refreshing their stamina and health. As strong as Media. Joshua can perform it alone, or with Shiva to make it as strong as Mediarama.
    Ice Blade – A basic close combat attack that Shiva!Joshua will use as a last resort when enemies are getting too close. Shiva!Joshua's sword freezes temporarily, and becomes sharp as a diamond, allowing him to cut down a nearby enemy.
    Bracing Breeze – A strong, cold wind blows behind the party, forcing them to strengthen and fortifying their defenses as their muscles tense because of the wind.
    Tailwind - A light breeze blows behind the party, invigorating their spirits, and increasing their attack power.
    Frigid Blast - This allows Joshua to take the offence a bit. Usually Shiva performs this alone, but Joshua has been learning to do it himself. The user slashes his sword in an X, leaving a trail of ice. They then push their hand to the centre of the X, causing the ice to break into shards, and batter the foe. Weaker than Bufula, but can cause agility loss like Diamond Dust.

Next:
    Cadenza
    Energy Shower
    Tetrakarn
    Posumudi
    Me Patra
    Last edited by Son_of_Shadows; 12th April 2012 at 11:25 AM.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Levin: Asclepius, Chariot Arcana
    Persona Element: Light
    Weapon Element: Strike
    Phys: -
    Ice: Wk
    Lightning: -
    Light: Str
    Dark: Wk

Skills:
    Hama
    Mahama
    Hamaat (Asclepius' shield forms a circular barrier that protects the user from attacks up to and including Agilao/Bufula level. Must remain immobile while using it.)
    Diarama
    Media
    Invigorate 2

Next:
    Hamaon
    Mediarama
    Regenerate 2

---

If the party is set at around level 35, where does that put Levin? His Persona hasn't even manifested yet.
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 6th April 2012 at 3:26 PM.

Persona never really justified the whole thing of new members starting at a level it took the others half a year of training to reach...
    So, I guess we wont either?
    Sounds kinda cheap though

Because he's so much better than everyone else, he'll be level 35 as well. 8D
    Nah, if we can keep his skills at around 20 for the first night, and then go up from there, that would be better. It's better than not having anything though, right? *looks at the newbies from last time*

Also, SoS, in accordance to my third playthrough of Devil Survivor 2, you must change Shiva's name. He is now 'Shiva Lord of the Dance' and shall only be referenced to as such. There will be no abbreviation, or nickname. You must refer to him by the full title at all times.

EDIT: Marbly- you weren't here when we went over it last time, but to have Null, Repel, or Drain in any area, you must have two weaknesses to cover it.
    I'm not sure about having Drain or Repel allowed on anybody yet, unless it's an upgrade from Null thanks to an ability. But for now, if you want to Null some Light, you need another weakness.
    Last edited by Zincspider; 6th April 2012 at 3:18 PM.
    WARNING!

Changed Null to Str, thanks

And 20 sounds good. Wouldn't make sense to be on par with everyone else from the get-go.

Okay, on checking game allies, Snow's skills should look more like this:

Snow Fields, Hanged Man

Neutral on all elements

Skills
    Diarama
    Wordless Melody (ally skill boost)
    Amrita
    Media
    Recarm
    Boomerang Boost

Next:
    Mediarama
    some upgrade to Wordless Melody

I noticed, he actually knows Amrita way early, but there's so many little status-recovery spells like Me Patra, Charmdi, and Posmundi when there hasn't been much use of status attacks in this game so far. And not knowing any attack spells yet balances that out, I think. And you suggested it, Zinc, so that too.

Yay for having Recarm! That'll be a big help if plans are still the same as when announced a while back. Or it'll be an excuse to KO people...
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

We're here! There are people we have to take care of.

P3 FES is coming to PSN? For only $9.99? That's crazy! It's only been two months since I beat The Answer, but man, was that game long. With Persona 2: Eternal Punishment coming to JP and hopefully over here, I'll dive in one more time. Thanks for the update Wordy, I can't wait!
    Persona 1-4 will be completed.

XVII. Lace Condor | Star Arcana
    Persona: Saturnus
    Weapon: Dual-Daggers
    Primary Element: Fire
    Ice: Wk
    Lightning: - Wk
    Wind: Str
    Light: -

Skills:
    Agilao
    Maragi
    Sukukaja
    Fire Boost
    Fire Break

Next:
    Dodge Ice
    Maragion

I don't really know lvl. 35 skills on Persona. There are so many. Let me now what you think.

EDIT: I added another weakness to go match her strengths -- Lightning. Thanks! Fixed Maragion.
    Last edited by Vivian_Bloom; 6th April 2012 at 8:37 PM.
    On Army-Training Leave:

I'll be gone from Serebii/Internet from Sept 10th - Dec 15/16th. If you want to contact me, send a PM by the first of September. Coolio!

See you guys. Be back soon. Enjoy BOSS!

VB, Lace needs another weakness to balance out her two strengths.

Got it Zincy. Can't tell if you're serious or not, but it's funnier your way.
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

@VB
    Maragion should be just Maragi at this point. Other than that, it looks fine.

@SoS
    I'm completely serious.
    Go change that sheet up there, boy!
    WARNING!

Gah, sorry guys. I found out last night that I'm 5 days behind on Script Frenzy, since it apparently slipped my mind that its in April. So I entered panic mode and am now attempting to catch up on that. So I apologize if I vanish occasionally during this month.

Going to make a new chart, since my last one was balanced around lv. 15.

VIII. Miyuki Tachibana - Justice Arcana
    Persona: Astraea
    Weapon: Shield
    Primary Element: Light
    Pierce: Wk
    Fire: -
    Ice: -
    Lightning: Wk
    Light: Str
    Dark: Str

Abilities:
    Hamaon
    Mahama
    Tetrakarn
    Patra
    Sukunda
    Hama Boost

Next:
    Mahamaon
    Masukunda
    God's Judgement
    Tetraja
    Angelic Grace
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Watch your step! Sig Under Construction!

@SoS
    I'm completely serious.
    Go change that sheet up there, boy!
    Happy now? He'll now be referred to as that in ALL of my posts.

I'll probably post once Niihyl and Niedude do, unless they'd rather I do so first and have Joshua waltz off with Ciara.

Also, replaying Persona 4 on Normal, was Shadow Yukiko always this easy? I kind of curb-stomped her... Had an Archangel with Red Wall cast it on Chie, used Rakunda, Tarukaja and Sukukaja (the latter two on MC), used Berith for offense and kind of wrecked her in about four or five rounds. I don't remember her being that simple... I may have gotten lucky with some dodges though.
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Alright, so we're on our way to having our new charts. But we're still missing something... now what was it?
    Oh, right.
    Posts.
    How about you guys get on that? SoS, if you want to get somthing said, don't bother waiting, just chug along.
    Last edited by Zincspider; 6th April 2012 at 10:37 PM.
    WARNING!

Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast