Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1581

Thread: Persona- BOSS

Sorry for delaying ya, Bliv, I'll have a post up today.
    Friend Code: 0404-6904-4521
    Ghost Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb

As of the deadline, I only have 2 fics.
    These people who have turned them in are awesome.
    Everyone else... I expect results! The participation around these parts has been deplorable lately! It might fly in some other RPs, but this isn't any RP!
    This is BOSS! UtGoG! POP! We've gone through so much, and I don't want to see this RP get sick and, perhaps, die!
    We've been together so long. All of us.
    So, by the time I get back from Mechacon next Sunday night, I want to see some fics! Anyone who still needs time, you have an extension. Anyone who decided they couldn't get it in, try again! I know you have it in you! I trust your ability!

I hope you understand where I'm coming from, my friends. And I hope you agree.
    Have a good night. And bless you.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

Next Sunday, okay I can do that. My story is really almost done I just having difficult time finding the right words and making good transitions between scenes. And making sure EVERYONE is involved to some degree... Actually Wulfgard is the only person I cannot figure out what to do with in the story. He just doesn't fit anywhere... I might just be thinking too hard about all of this and making this more difficult than what it really is.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

I dressed two of my Pokémon this time. This is Muscle and Bunny my lovely-dovey pair. I hope you are loved this Valentine's Day.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation
    Left and right for information

Wulfgard just needs to shave and let his hair out. He'll look very feminine.

I looked at our POP DT today.
    I read it all. We talked about so much. We had fun everyday. What happened to that? Have we all grown tired? Are we all so content with how the current state of our RP as to let it stagnate?
    I don't think we are. So I ask all of you.

What do you want to do?
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

9/9/2012. Understood, then.

Also, I finally figured out how to upload an html document to the internet that doesn't require downloading (I'd feel sketchy turning in a mediafire link with a mysterious file that you have to download onto your computers D: ) so I now know how to turn the damned thing in. Screw Google Sites and Tripod, I'm on PasteHTML.

I also posted, and at this point, I'm about 30% sure I posted the right word doc. It could be a colonialism essay or a treatise on Norwegian cabinet erotica. Written in Esperanto.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider
    What do you want to do?
    Not sure if rhetorical question?
    Last edited by Niihyl; 3rd September 2012 at 5:29 AM. Reason: I shalt not permit typos.

Quote Originally Posted by Niihyl View Post
    Not sure if rhetorical question?
    It isn't. I expect an answer.

Just PM it to me. It'll be much easier for you to copy paste it, really.
    WARNING!

Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider
    It isn't. I expect an answer.
    Hmm... I'm pretty cool with the RP, it's my fault that I've been sluggish in activity, really. Everything does slow down around this time of year. I'm always open to spicing things up though. Plot twists, maybe a change of scenery? With the Jester's help, the Shadows can alter reality in the Court: the mirror maze proved that. We could do a more proactive version of that, in an interesting environment like the Himalayas. Or Space. SPAAAACE. Or even just a more extended, open Court sequence that allows for a mixture of action and interaction, rather than the total split we have now (and is present in the Persona games). Horror-flick styled 'trapped in a <blank> with <monster>', or 'lost in demon woods, build shelter, survive'. Maybe a Persona evolution to breathe a spark of 'hell yeah, we're getting stronger!' in, though that might be coming soon, since you've mentioned it.

If you're talking about my competition entry, I can't just PM it to you because it's seriously in html. Like, code. I was playing some old-school Zork and Facade while thinking, and I had a random spark that since my fanfic was about a game, it should be a game: a Choose Your Own Adventure game, with you as Izzy Simone, level one Peasant Boy. It's a lot of fun to write, if time-consuming due to having to fill in multiple different choices in a branching story.

I see... good good.
    Thank you for your input, it's appreciated.
    I'd like to implement a few of these things once we get inside our 'Tartarus' or whatever. The Court itself.

Ah, I get you. That sounds pretty neat. Damn neat, actually.

I'd like to share a spoiler of my fic with you all. I actually stopped doing the thriller peice as it was getting too long, and I'd like to finish it properly and show it then, but I decided to do a Ben-To crossover type dealy, which I'll share the first section of which here:
        Spoiler:
    WARNING!

I dunno, I've personally never used these discussion threads for much - the only time when I discuss non-RP-related things is when I'm replying at someone else. I've been trying to keep up on my post volume in the main thread, too, and I don't think I've been that far behind....

As for the main thread slowdown, I don't really know... I guess it's just been a while since we started this iteration, so the novelty has died off and we're not in such a rush to get things out. Not to mention that we've kinda been hitting the same drag as the games wherein we get into a regular cycle of Shadows-School-ShadowSelf-School, which gives some of us interesting character-based arcs, but the rest of us with fairly routine activity. It's just how these kinds of things end up, and there's no good way around it if we're going to go through all of the shadow selves one at a time (The only way that I can think of getting through the shadow selves faster would be to institute dual bosses or even a Five Shadow Band setup for one night.). The fact that the plot looks to be growing a fuller backbone in the near future will probably help, too.

I wouldn't know what to do about the discussion thread while keeping it on-topic, though. I'm not good at driving these sorts of things.

Anyway, I have a wide open invitation to post now, so I'll get on that. Anybody who wasn't the last one to leave a conversation thread hanging, though, should be able to wrap up and put themselves at Jones' office in relatively short order. Pretty straightforward, not a hard move.

We were really off-topic on POP! All the time, but I enjoyed it so much. I'd love for us to get that loose again, minus the "warnings". Now, yeah, I can see a little of what Bliv's sayin', but don't worry about it. We're all here and we're still having fun, right? That's what matters. If we can find a good balance of discussing the RP and then some story stuff from our crazy fics, well, they can't get us for that!

Where to from here? Well it looks like things are finally starting to get in gear. The fight shadows in the street, beat a S. Self, go home formula was something we we're all getting a little too used to. I hope Wulfgard and this new announcement can move us into newer territory, and I know you can do it.

Oh, and the fic-contest. Just do it, huh. Ok, no excuses. I'll do my best and promise you'll get something good soon. It won't be for the contest, but to help the strength of our RP, right? Alright.
    Last edited by Vivian_Bloom; 3rd September 2012 at 8:13 AM.
    On Army-Training Leave:

I'll be gone from Serebii/Internet from Sept 10th - Dec 15/16th. If you want to contact me, send a PM by the first of September. Coolio!

See you guys. Be back soon. Enjoy BOSS!

I think when Theresa went lifeless, we lost one of our most chatty OoC players. That's why this OoC thread has been slower, in my opinion.

And I still don't think I can make the deadline. I really don't have time to start any new writing until December, seriously. Maintaining the games I'm in (including one elsewhere that just became high maintenance and I'm not even the GM), maintaining my stories, working on a standalone Halloween Pokemon fic, NaNoWriMo (I'm an ML, so my work is starting now), plus RL work to do... yeah. No time. But I will work on keeping this game going (I didn't put Snow in Jones' room, but that group should be heading over).
        Spoiler:- not on topic, but...:
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Hmm, actually I wasn't planning on having Wulgard cross-dressing which is why it's so difficult to place him.

I honestly feel that people are busy August as it the beginning of the school... And we chat less because... Razor Leaf reprimanded us and that when things started to hush down a lot. Jean Grey, as Ysa has mention, was the chatty one among us that threw us things to talk about when things started to quiet down. I'm fine with they way the RPG is going now even if it's a little slow. As long as everyone else is willing to keep the RPG going I don't mind what is going to come next.

And sorry I can't help you with that Ysa... I can barely give my own stories somewhat good titles. But maybe if I knew a little about I could think of something.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

I dressed two of my Pokémon this time. This is Muscle and Bunny my lovely-dovey pair. I hope you are loved this Valentine's Day.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation
    Left and right for information

83c I'm just glad you guys answered me.
    Anyway, as you might have noticed, as of this post, I'm unbanning smilies. I'm not paranoid enough to keep them under wraps anymore.
    Just remember to keep them out of your RP posts!... and to a minimum here if you can help it.

Well, to be honest, I was expecting more of a rousing 'Yeah! Let's do it!' from you all and what I got was a conference. But that works too. It gives me a lot to work with.

In other news, I just saw the Expendables 2, and it was amazing. The writing was bad, and the acting was questionable, but I loved it to death. I didn't go in expecting movie of the year. I went in wanting to see Rocky beat the crap out of Jean Claude Van Damme in a fist fight. And it was glorious.
    WARNING!

I'm embarrassed for myself reading through the OP DT. I swear to God I sounded like a caffeinated nine-year-old most of the time.

Blah, probably not going to change anything re: your plans but I think making the Court building 'bigger on the inside' could work well.

Like, creating different environments within the building, with ceilings so high that they can't even be seen. Magma, ice, desert, jungle etc. Been replaying Metroid Prime, and the fact that you can go straight from Magmoor Caverns to Phendrana Drifts still stuns me all these years later. It's just... amazing.

Just not catacombs. Mazes don't work in textbasedforumrpgs, lol.

I mean, there were twelve hallways in the main school building- so twelve environments? We don't even need to explore all of them. It would be fun and different. It could create another world entirely. Maybe our weaknesses/resistances could come into play with how well we would handle it.

And of course, possibly adding other boss characters? Realllly hoping that the Jester isn't the only one of his kind, if you know what I mean... could spice up things considerably.

Limiting massive gatherings of everyone in the future may help pacing, as that way there are always people moving and the GM has something to update and there's less waiting. I mean, maybe splitting up for the next Court for some reason?

Discussion thread-wise, how about we start doing polls? Like, favourite post from all three threads... favourite moment/scenario of the three games, favourite thing from the DT... favourites all around!
    Reminiscing is always fun. Unless you're embarrassed by your memories.

Wow, I have tons of suggestions. loll

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3963-5379

Wordy likes taking things I spitball at her in PMs and presenting them as her own ideas.
    It's really manipulative.
    So it's right up her alley, really.

Anyway, tonight, after class, I'll be uploading a few pictures and making a post.
    EDIT: because the scanner here refuses to scan more than one half of the page, the pictures will have to wait.
    Last edited by Zincspider; 5th September 2012 at 10:01 PM.
    WARNING!

Well, I just got home, so a post will have to wait (It's almost 9 and I'm tired as all hell), but I did find a scanner so here you guys go.
    Two higher quality Shinai pics. Choose your flavor:
    Creepy

Laughable

I'm quite fond of the second one myself.
    WARNING!

I saw the laughable one. Shinai looks a lot more grown-up in that picture. I always pictured him to bea slimy, scrawny little snake, or rat.

What's Shinai's stand on rats anyway. Does he like 'em? Does he love and respect them for their probably mis-understood personalities?
    On Army-Training Leave:

I'll be gone from Serebii/Internet from Sept 10th - Dec 15/16th. If you want to contact me, send a PM by the first of September. Coolio!

Well, he's built up a bit of muscle mass in the past two months.
    He wasn't ever greasy until his little accident, and was a clean respectable young man until then. And then he just didn't care. But as of last night in game, he's gotten back on his old hygiene habits, and the laughable pic is pretty much what he looks like at the moment.

He doesn't like them. They're still gross.
    WARNING!

Funny story: I was ok with rats... Until I read 1984 by George Orwell. Mother of God.

Cool pics as always Zinc, honestly not what I expected from ol' Shinai. He doesn't really look like a high school student, though then again, I suppose he's been through a lot. The second one also screams "Ikutsuki!" to me for some reason.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Well, I'll be going to Mechacon as of tomorrow, so you guys won't hear from me for about two days at least. Three maybe.
    While I'm gone, Niedude, TSR, GH, and Kirby need to catch up.
    Especially Niedude, who has ignored all my previous notes in here to contact me.
    I'll be forced to evict JP from the RP. It's been over a month since your last post or anything, and you get on. I see you talking to Kamotz. I'm not saying stop talking to anybody, I'm just asking that you update. Seriously man. It's worse than you not being on at all, you getting on and not even checking in.
    WARNING!

Just posted! Whew. Had to finish a signup for another RPG before my reservation expired. And don't get mad at me because it's another Persona RPG.

Oddly enough, I'm not really under the impression that the RPG's dying. I just think many people are busy with other stuff. School recently started for many people, for instance. I think the current pace is fine, as long as we don't go more than a few days without a post.

And I'm almost as surprised by the tardiness of contest entries as Zincspider is. Really? Only two submissions got in before the official deadline? Huh.

I also honestly think the reason why there was so much side stuff going on in OP's discussion thread was because of Jean Grey. Seriously, every time she's in an RPG with a discussion thread, she just loves to create fun side things with the characters--TV tropes, avatars, food-for-thought questions, pairings... I've seen it a bunch of times. And I kinda liked it, actually.

Hahahaha, interesting fic with the wolves, Zinc. I'm still a little shaky on the concept, but that's probably just me. I imagine it'll become clearer as the rest is written. I really like how you portrayed Randy though... For some reason I like Randy when he's all ominous. And obsessed with ketchup, lol.

And back to the RPG itself, I, too, am really looking forward to what this meeting with Testa/Wulfgard-sensei (not really sure who, as people have been saying both) will entail. I really think the group is in dire need of knowing more stuff about the Court.

~ Poyo! c(-'.'-)c *wave* Hiiiiiii!

P.S. OMG I just realised something. Zincspider's nickname for me in this RPG is Kirby. My character is called Halberd. COINCIDENCE?

(Of course, what I just said makes no sense if you're unfamiliar with either Kirby Super Star or Super Smash Bros. Brawl.)
    Last edited by Kiruria; 7th September 2012 at 5:19 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: The Secrets of August Manor (Daisy and Tiffany), Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith), The Savage Era: The Blood Crown (Venifica)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Kiruria is Kirby.

>Just realized this.

>>Was wondering who 'Kirby' was this whole time.

>>>*Facepalm*

Enjoy Mechacon, Zinc! I'll try to have my entry up for you by then. At least Part One of the whole thing, since the code is modular enough that stuff can just be added onto the ends as necessary forever and ever.

...Okay, guys, I know that most of us who frequent the discussion thread tend to be up on our posts, so this probably won't be relevant to most of you, but all it takes right now is a quick post to move you to Testa's room so that we can all get on with the plot. The people who we're still missing are:

Miyuki/TSR
    JP/niedude
    Sofiya/GH

Of these, I know that TSR and GH can get busy, but it's just a little bump to give Zinc somewhere to go once he gets back, shouldn't take you too long. Even if they don't post, I feel like leaving two or three people with extra stuff to catch up on wouldn't be the end of everything sacred.

Thus reminding me: to get the DT rolling around a bit, how would you guys feel about compiling a Persona: UtGoG/OP/BOSS soundtrack/setlist? My initial notion when suggesting that we think up musical themes for each character was to have them be part of a larger track listing to apply to the RP as a whole. Maybe we could have each person who cares consider and submit a suggestion to Zinc in a given week for the current track we're deciding on (e.g. overall battle theme, school overworld, dungeon-crawling BGM, etc.), he'll pick the three that he best thinks fit the theme of the RP, and then we can discuss them over the course of the next week or so before deciding a winner and starting the next track or two. We might even get a better feel for what Zinc wants the RP to be this way, thus helping us navigate through his shenanigans better. I dunno. Thoughts?

...done channeling Zinc for the day.

That sounds really neat, Bliv! So, unlike before, this is gonna determine what our 'Reach Out to the Truth' tracks are, right? The Persona BOSS Live Reincarnation! PBLR? ...eh.

So what kind of songs are we filling out? The album would be too long if we had everyone's theme in it. But we can include stuff like the Shadow themes for BOSS up till now.

Persona BOSS! Real Live Reincarnation!

-----

Complete Track List

-----

1). Opening Credits Theme
    2). Title Screen Theme
    3). Bellow High First Semester
    4). Dormitory
    5). Omen (suspicious tune)
    6). Quartermain (Town Over-world)
    7). Normal Battle Theme
    8). Shadow (Serious team discussion)
    9). It's Halloween!
    10). Joyful theme
    11). The Jester
    12). Court of Miracles (Backside of the TV?)
    13). Shadow Self battle

----- Disc 2 -----

14). Danger (panic theme)
    15). Sadness & Defeat (We Lost?)
    16). Realization
    17). A Goal (New Direction)
    18). Non-Shadow Self Dungeon BGM
    19). Betrayal
    20). Persona User vs. Persona User (Human Boss BGM)
    21). Persona Evolution
    22). New Dorm theme (Living with Determination?)
    23). New Quartermain theme (Memories of the City?)
    24). New Random Battle theme
    25). Free Candy! (Randy's band)
    26). Unbreakable Bonds (We're a family)
    27). One-way (Road to final dungeon)
    28). Final dungeon theme
    29). Final boss
    30). True Dungeon theme
    31). Ending theme
    32). BOSS (epilogue)

----

I put the songs in the order I think the story will go. Of course, Zinc will give it a look-over to stay consistent. Is this cool, everyone? I'll start diggin' up tracks to get this started.

I'm no good putting this into words, so here's a newbie template that we can work off of.
    On Army-Training Leave:

Zinc's back, and I have no replies for the fanfic thing. At all.
    *Sigh*...
    Well, at least let us do this thing Bliv suggested. It's really cool.

I just finished moving into my new dorm, so that's pretty sweet, but I've had no time for anything else today.
    I'll post tomorrow during my MIA class.
    WARNING!

Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast