Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1581

Thread: Persona- BOSS

To clarify, could this change be to just the Arcana we still have left over or any Arcana?
    (I don't think I would want to change ~maybe, but I suppose I'll wait and see until it's closer to the time.)

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3963-5379

Even if JP HAD to change Arcana I wouldn't be sure where exactly to put him. Maybe Emperor.

Nah, I like both his current persona and current Arcana.

You could go to any Arcana, but I'm not having, like, 3 Deaths running around. Hell, Death is a rare enough one for me to not want 2 running around.
    Depending on what you want to change it to depends on how avaliable I want to make it. Changing to Chariot at the moment would be pretty simple, but justifying one that's already in use would be a harder thing to do...
    in other words, it all depends.

Change isn't for everyone, and I doubt many would change Arcana later, if any. This isn't a requirement, nor is it smiled upon. It just is a possibility.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

First post of the new year.
    Everyone can start arriving at the stadium now.
    Assume you arrive around the same time, or at least everyone's there before the end of your post so you can tell Jones how you prefer to fight.
    After I get everyone (or everyone who's active, GH, Niihyl, TSR, I'm looking at you), I'll further the training session... and by training session, I mean pairing you with someone you don't speak with often in an attempt to get some interaction between characters that's fresh.
    That'll be a one or two post thing and I'll move on to the Court. This one won't have a maze, so it should be more fun.
    Also no unkillable shadows, or bears.
    And probably no Shadow Ciara.
    Or bombs.
    Hopefully.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

No bears? Drat, I completely missed out on fighting those bears too. Maybe we'll get lions and tigers instead. Oh my! But speaking of those bears, true, we only had one Court so far compared to the last two RPG's two each, but you also have to factor in that this RPG's single court had three shadow selves in it rather than just one per court like the previous ones had. Thus it was technically three Courts jammed into one.

I LOVE how the Late-Night Show with Lace and InnerFlame's Persona Memes turned out! I can't wait for the second half of it, though I hope and pray to whatever god is available at the time that the wedding is not between Mana and Sofiya. Or... pretty much anyone and Sofiya for that matter. And I wonder if Testa and Garret will be in this one... I don't know if they were even included.

And I agree with SoS on having more conflict between Joshua and Halberd. I have been hoping for more interactions between them, especially after Joshua showed up in the fencing club, but for some reason the opportunity just never arose. Not to mention Ciara was usually in the way--I didn't want Halberd trying to talk to Joshua while she was around.

And... oh wow, Joshua and JP planning to gang up on Halberd? Well, since Halberd is a big guy who usually carries a sword around, it would definitely have to involve a trap of some sort in order to work.

Well drat. I had just posted another bit after the tea party, and got ninja'd by Zinc's post about the training tonight. I guess I'll just wait for someone else to post and then do like an evening post or something.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to comment on the Evolving Personae! Overall I like the idea, especially since many of us have stuck with the same Persona for three RPG's in a row. However, I do not want Halberd's Persona to evolve at all. I really like Scathach, and I see her as a very fitting Persona for Halberd given she's also Scottish and is all about the morals of being a warrior and whatnot. Not to mention I just love tacking feminine things onto Halberd, and what better way than a female Persona? Maybe she could gain a more powerful weapon to use or gain another offensive magic ability or something instead.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 9th January 2013 at 10:58 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Uhh, none besides the one below.
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Well, I don't see Lace evolving into Helel for a while. That's a serious revelation she'd need, so it's not even on my mind right now. Probably near the end-game of the RP. I'm fine with the Star arcana, so no switchin'. Until then, with Saturnus, I'm gonna stop her magic development for a bit (Ragnarok is FAR away) and start working more on developing her speed and agility.

Training session against a random teammate? Bosses that don't have 'Null Everything'? I like that! After this tea-party with Sigmund and the guys I'll move on to Wulfgard at the field.
    Last edited by Vivian_Bloom; 10th January 2013 at 11:46 PM.
    On Army-Training Leave:

I'll be gone from Serebii/Internet from Sept 10th - Dec 15/16th. If you want to contact me, send a PM by the first of September. Coolio!

See you guys. Be back soon. Enjoy BOSS!

Well, Bliv, it seems everyone's waiting on you to finish up the tea party. Seems Sigmund is the King of the Kettle here.
    So... about that...
    Can ya do it? Kay? Thanks, you're a pal, talk to you later, chow!
    WARNING!

But JPxManaxSofiya shenanigans never went anywhere ;_;

I'll just make JP appear at the stadium traumatized and unwilling to speak about what happened, mkay?

Yeah, Niihyl and GH seem to be missing. We need to put out a search for them.
    I suggest spamming their VM boxes. Anyone up for it?
    WARNING!

Absolutely. Was halfway through making a post when all of a sudden it was 2AM. It's not 2AM anymore (except in central Europe), so now you can haz shenanigans. All of the rice, laying down the plan of attack and telling Jones what's what. Word.

Kinda reminds me, though: we haven't had a solid plan for what the common area layout is. VB mentioned a door between the kitchen and living room where I assumed a more open plan. I've always been imagining it looking like the bottom floor of the dorms from P3 - actually, that's what I've been imagining that whole building to look like, plus a dozen rooms per floor. Should that be about right?

Given GH and Nii's most recent posts, I feel like prodding them with VMs won't do much - they haven't posted anywhere since late November. Do we know what they're up to?

EDIT: Also also an arcana change is right out for Sigmund. If anything, he'd be changing *from* Magician to Temperance, and that's a stretch.
    Last edited by Blivsey; 15th January 2013 at 8:22 PM.

I always thought this was based off of the Iwatodai Dorm in P3 too. When you first come in the common area is a couple steps up, and if you walk into the middle of the room and turn left you'll see the kitchen counter. Well, GH is always busy, and I don't know about Nii, (I like that nickname!) but I know they'll be back.

EDIT: Shakespeare? I remember you sayin' something about being an actor. Nice! I've never read any of his plays except 'West Side Story', and I know he didn't actually write that, but I think that one takes alot from Romeo and Juliet. Well, I got H.P Lovecraft. Cthulu n' the boyz. I need to get Mountains of Madness out the way.
    Last edited by Vivian_Bloom; 17th January 2013 at 12:01 AM.
    On Army-Training Leave:

I'll be gone from Serebii/Internet from Sept 10th - Dec 15/16th. If you want to contact me, send a PM by the first of September. Coolio!

See you guys. Be back soon. Enjoy BOSS!

So here's something fun. I came across a site that allowed me to analyse my writing style to see which famous author I am most like. I plugged in my most recent post, and came out with William Goddamn Shakespeare.

Link for those similarly inclined.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

I'm pretty sure that test is random.
    I got Stephen King.

I've never even read a Stephen King novel.
    TBH I used my most recent post too, which is actually of a different quality than most of my posts (and I like the work I did on it better than my common posts)

I tend to write different based on the character I'm using...
    Almost all of my Shinai sections came up with the same author:
    H.P. Lovecraft.
    Fitting

The others were pretty strongly Leo Tolstoy.
    Last edited by Zincspider; 17th January 2013 at 4:30 AM.
    WARNING!

Shinai got you H.P. Lovecraft?
    Oh sweet lord.

I want one of us to be Edgar Allan Poe. I really do.

Back in P:OP
    I took the post with the first appearance of the Jester:
    Stephenie Meyer.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Along with Leo Tolstoy, I'm getting Raymond Chandler and Stephen King a lot as well. That's quite a few different, but at least there's only, like, 4 I'm stuck between.
    Stephenie hasn't come up again.

EDIT: The Shadow Miyuki fight posts are pulling up J.K. Rowling.
    Last edited by Zincspider; 17th January 2013 at 4:46 AM.
    WARNING!

Stephenie Meyer? As Jester's first appearence?

Well, we did - for some reason - all fall in love with a character that wanted nothing more than to make us crazy, possibly kill us, and spent quite a few days inside a boy's head trying to screw us. Wasn't Edward a vampire that could get inside peoples heads and was generally loved despite being a stalker and frequently vocalizing his lust for a teenage girl's blood?

I can see a very faint parallel here, I won't lie

EDIT: I put in all my posts from P:OP, and I did get four authors pretty consistently. About 80% of the time, it was Raymond Chandler though. Followed by Leo Tolstoy, Stephen King, and H.P. Lovecraft in that order.
    I can live with that.
    Last edited by Zincspider; 17th January 2013 at 5:24 AM.
    WARNING!

Oh I knew that. I was just trying to make a bit of silly comedy. It's 4 am and I'm trying to study (pft, "trying") so I apologize if that wasn't made exactly clear (totally doesn't speak of my skill as a teenage amateur writer that I can't express something as simple as that. Yet I was still compared to Stephen King. The joy)

Nah, I'm tired too. First day of semester. I realized that it was in humor a bit after and removed the explanation. It wasn't rude or anything, to the people who didn't see it, I just didn't think it was needed any more.
    I got compared to Raymond Chandler, he's not as well know, but a very important novelist and screenplay writer, or at least a very important inspiration and pioneer of the craft. It's much more of an honor than I would have expected.

Man, I went and read my last post in P:OP, as well as a couple before that. That last one was effin' gold. I don't like to seriously toot my own horn, but I really liked that post. I think the end of P:OP was really our heyday.
    I'd like to get back to that.
    I'm writing a post right now. I want to get back in practice.
    WARNING!

Seriously now, I was joking about how to transition JP from just being "threatened" by Sofiya and her attempt at genital mutilation to the stadium, but I think that is really my best course of action (ie: make JP appear comically traumatized and unwilling to talk about what happened that afternoon and just leave it to each of our own fetid little imaginations xP)

Any better ideas? :S

I like it.
    Cover up his actual unease on being questioned about Terri with a comedic front and get out.
    Wait... did they ask about Terri? I'm all messed up right now.
    Still, a comedic front works fine.
    WARNING!

I... Don't even remember anymore. It's been months since I read what my last post replied to... and I wrote that without looking up the said posts as well, so I may have missed an important thing or two.

So I don't have to go back and actually fix anything, I'll do that.
    Comedy solves all!

I'm consistently pulling up Vladimir Nabokov with both Sigmund's posts and Louise's (from P:FP). Even the hilariously old early posts in UtGoG. Not sure how to feel about that.

I feel like JP coming in and being incredibly apprehensive toward Mana/Sofiya or playing himself into the scene with an anti-heroic entry would be the two most obvious ways to handle it - one for comedy, one for getting dangerous. Or perhaps he can try for the second and get interrupted by the first. Or something else entirely - he's your character, I'm sure you can find something appropriately JP-like for him to do.
    EDIT: Ah. In that context, you would probably be safe just skipping ahead entirely and referring to the encounter only in non-specifics.
    Last edited by Blivsey; 18th January 2013 at 5:47 AM.

It's not on my end that I have a few worries, I just didn't want to step on GH's or Nyhiil's toes by cutting a scene short or implying stuff they wouldn't be happy with. Or something. I was being cautious, I guess.

Though I'm probably gonna go with JP acting all badass but inwardly shitting his pants over what apparently happened that afternoon

Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast