Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1581

Thread: Persona- BOSS

What's that? Concept sketches and a (short) update?
    And I'm finally playing through Persona 4 properly?
    Man, the only way I could top this is if I had another related project in the wings. But that'd be too much.

Also, to categorically respond, yeah, I can do design sketches well enough. Kinda part of being an engineer, kinda because I'd always doodle through my high school classes. I've been totally pleased with everyone else's take on his hair in the past, though - most have made him look pretty suave, which is a-OK.

Also also, you guys should totally look at The Enneagram and run character tests when you get the chance. It's actually useful in character analysis. (Sigmund turned up 2 with a 3 subtype, which fits him pretty well).

EDIT: TSR did get his up. It's like the second thing on the last page.
    And yeah, the second test is much more timely.
    Last edited by Blivsey; 25th April 2013 at 1:47 AM.

Sure I'll do the test...

14 PAGES? Bliv, I've got too many little plot devices running around for this!
    Still, I'll see what I can do.
    As for you post, I would first like to say, thank you. Then I'd like to curse TSR for not getting his up sooner, so Jones would have helped Miyuki, telling her to wear just one pad like a shield and go from there.
    EDIT: No, I'm talking about one I've been trying to get him to do for two weeks now. Not that long ago. Something that doesn't exist at the moment.

EDIT: And then I do the second kind of test cause it's quicker and less confusing, and Randy gets a big 2. Like, twice as much as any other number, with 3 and 8 the closest.
    EDIT: Liza's a 5... probably didn't need to take the test there.
    EDIT: Shinai is a 1. Big surprise. But he does have a bunch of 6 as well. He's a confusing fellow. I had to answer his questions like a perfectionist genius, but also as an insecure person who's relied on someone else all his life.
    EDIT: Izzy got big 6 with some 4 thrown in. Makes sense for the future.
    EDIT: Jones was really close on three of them coming up with 7-2-9 really close in that order. I would have pegged him as 9 myself.
    EDIT: Like the other adult, Garret got three really close, this time 6-5-9. Not sure if nine really suits him, but it's just a test. Not like I have to follow it for my RP. The goes for all of you. Don't think you have to follow the test results for the future.
    I know it's a sitcom cliche, but remember the test doesn't decide your future! THE MORE YOU KNOW!
    Last edited by Zincspider; 25th April 2013 at 2:30 AM.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

Took the second test, turns out JP is the embodiment of what it is to be an 8.
    http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/type8.php
    Read that, seriously. It's got JP written all over it.

Eights generally have powerful instincts and strong physical appetites which they indulge without feelings of shame or guilt.
    No guilt whatsoever. Booze, smokes and girls. Let'em come.

This sometimes necessitates that the Eight opt out of the system entirely, assuming something of an outlaw mentality.
    In context, its talking about financial independance. But I can't help but relate this to JP leaving the group and being on his own for a month.

The intimacy and relationships section is too large to quote, but you'll enjoy reading it and relating all that to JP, I guarantee it.

Eights are prone to anger. When severely provoked, or when the personality is unbalanced, bouts of anger can turn into rages. Unhealthy Eights are frankly agressive and when pushed, can resort to violence. Such Eights enjoy intimidating others whom they see as "weak" and feel little compunction about walking over anyone who stands in their way. They can be crude, brutal and dangerous.
    Fits him to a T. Kinda reminds me of the time JP "bullied" Russel, during the Izzy court.

Even the title fits him:
    JP, Type 8: The Challenger

Oh, that's right,they have little titles... Imma go look at them.

"5: The Investigator"

Of course it is. What else could it have been?

The others are pretty straightforward accurate as well. The Helper? Not like he can do anything else. The Loyalist? Izzy and Wulfgard... well that one isn't so big. The Enthusiast? Wants adventure? Sounds like Jones.
    The Reformer? We'll get into that later.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

Alright, Bliv!

Lace = Type 8: The Enthusiast. 7w8.

They are future oriented, restless people who are generally convinced that something better is just around the corner. They are quick thinkers who have a great deal of energy and who make lots of plans. They tend to be extroverted, multi-talented, creative and open minded.

So JP likes to drink, Liza is our quiet investigator, and Shinai's a perfectionist (We need Liza to drink...). I think we're pretty cool! What's Randy?
    Last edited by Vivian_Bloom; 26th April 2013 at 1:41 AM.
    On Army-Training Leave:

I'll be gone from Serebii/Internet from Sept 10th - Dec 15/16th. If you want to contact me, send a PM by the first of September. Coolio!

See you guys. Be back soon. Enjoy BOSS!

Snow gets a 6; understandable.

I keep trying to think of something to post, but other than some internal musing, I don't have much for Snow to do at the moment. Maybe I'll post something like that anyhow.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

You mean type 7, right Vivian? 8's the challenger.
    Randy was type 2, the Helper, it's up there on my earlier post.

Anything would be nice at this point, honestly, Ysa. Wordy said she needed something, anything to kick off of before she could post again.
    So, if you have time, it would be appreciated.
    WARNING!

Took the long test, picked up 4 and 5 in equal measure for Mana, with 8 close behind. The Individualist, melancholy, afraid of insignificance; and the Investigator, afraid of helplessness and desiring mastery. It's like Wikipedia knows me.

Wrote something, too. Today was a productive day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian_Bloom
    We need Liza to drink...
    We need everyone to drink. Can you imagine having our entire cast in a room, completely drunk? Field trip!
    Last edited by Niihyl; 29th April 2013 at 7:31 AM.
    Friend Code: 0404-6904-4521
    Ghost Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb

I can imagine Joshua being a handsy drunk. JD style.

And we already have drunk Ciara, sort of. Sherry bro. Now we just have to get the rest of them... I smell a Shadow Self power!

EDIT: DID I SERIOUSLY RANK DOWN AGAIN.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Alright, I'm seriously worried about TSR here guys.
    He fell off the map for a week now. No contact at all. And he's back home form school for a break. He shouldn't be just away for no reason.
    If you guys have any way of contacting him outside of serebii give it a shot would you?
    I'm issuing a manhunt for TSR, alive or alive. Anything else... is both depressing and not optimal.
    WARNING!

Quote Originally Posted by Niihyl View Post
    We need everyone to drink. Can you imagine having our entire cast in a room, completely drunk? Field trip!
    Having the entire cast drink kinda makes me want to make JP make his moves on Liza, Miyuki, Sofiya, Halberd and Mana, in that order, depending on how much he drinks.

Why do I feel the need to humiliate my character so much?

^The same reason I feel the need to beat the crap out of mine.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

I took the test with Russell and 1 just fits him so well. The Reformer- perfectionists, responsible, fixated on improvement. It fits him near perfectly.

Russell would not drink because he's underage and he doesn't do activities that will get him in serious trouble. He will also advised against all of you drinking underage. That's right Russell is a party pooper at the age of fourteen.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

Say hello to Rascal, he is a naughty little Articuno but he wants to be a true adventurer one day. Feed him lots of spicy berries and help him grow big and stronger.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation
    Left and right for information

JP would chug beer down his throat at the risk of killing him till the kid either put up or shut up.

ITT: add Russel to that former list.

Hey Zinc, I plan on posting soon either tomorrow or Tuesday, and I want to ask you something. I don't want to wear Lace or Randy down before the Court with a lot of physical activity so I was thinking of having her just start chatting him for a while doing stretches. Get to know him. Something light. Cool?
    On Army-Training Leave:

I'll be gone from Serebii/Internet from Sept 10th - Dec 15/16th. If you want to contact me, send a PM by the first of September. Coolio!

That's fine VB. Pretty much what expected.
    I finished my last project for the semester tonight. I can relax and just wait for my final two tests now. I'm pooped.
    Also, TSR's alive. He sent me an email. That's good to know.
    WARNING!

My last final is in 12 hours, and after that, I've got to move out of the dorm on Saturday morning.
    Although, in that time period, it's very likely I'll write a post to relieve some steam.
    So, VB, if you do plan on posting, I'll be able to bounce off of it along with Kirby and Niihyl's when I get working.
    So... chop chop and all that.
    Wordy should be returning soon as well, her finals should have been done... yesterday I think?
    WARNING!

Huh, first I looked at information about the Enneagram, and thought Halberd would be most suited to an 8 or even 6. But then I took the actual test for him, and he ended up as a 1w2. So, a perfectionist who's also kind and generous. To tell you the truth, that really surprised me at first. But then, after thinking about it some, I think it does make some sense. Ones are afraid of being corrupt and stick to their morals tightly, which is most definitely true of Halberd. The two wing he has is probably a direct result of being the eldest sibling, thus feeling kind of left out while his younger brothers got all the attention. I still don't think he's that self-critical, but I guess one doesn't necessarily have to exhibit all the characteristics. His next runner-up choices were 1w9 and 2w1.

EDIT: Took the test with the Instinctual variant, and instead got a 1 with balanced wings, and also the sexual variant. The latter I found especially appropriate, given how Halberd has pretty much focused on bettering his relationships with specific people (Ciara, Russell, Lace, and maybe Joshua) throughout the RPG.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 10th May 2013 at 9:28 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Woop Woop! There it is yo! Good luck on your finals.
    On Army-Training Leave:

Olook GH posted. I have to vanish for the rest of the weekend however, and won't be around most of next week. But uh, yeah. Wrote that while having a lunch break at work a few days ago, so decided I'd dump it here first.

As for the test, Sofiya got 6w7, which sounds accurate. She's a big-*** worrywart who still tries to find the fun in everything, even it means making herself look stupid.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Even though I do bad things
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | Boktai |

5 days ago, this RP quietly turned 2 years old.

HOW ABOUT DAT?
    Anyway, I'm working on a post guys. I just went and saw Iron Man 3 yesterday, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Now, I'm busy back at home cleaning my room, but I'll get something out for you cool cats.
    Been a year since we've started a Court... I need to change that. Quickly.

Who's up for skipping this junk after I post and getting to the nitty'gritty?

I'm pumped. I just passed my classes and kept my scholarship. And I got all the crying I needed done finished.
    We need to get back in gear.
    Wordy, when you read this, we need some thread warming. Anyone other than her still need to finish the school year?
    Also, niedude, I've been meaning to ask for almost a year now...
    WHAT THE EFF IS A CANIS CLOTH?
    WARNING!

Yay!

No school for me, but certain stories have been stealing a lot of my attention. I'll make time when things get running.

Two years... is not the longest RP I've been in, but still respectable. Let's keep it up!
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

We haven't started a Court for a year? What?
    That can't be right O.o That can't be right at all!!
    Anyways, now that that spaz is outta the way... Yeah, I vote we skip into the good stuff. JP needs something to kill, brutally, already.

Also, niedude, I've been meaning to ask for almost a year now...
    WHAT THE EFF IS A CANIS CLOTH?
    I had completely forgotten I had this as an icon and description.
    Meh, "Canis Cloth" comes from Saint Seiya, and I had started watching Saint Seiya Omega when I picked that. If you don't watch that anime, its a shonen where everyone runs around with armors/cloths based on the constellations. All of them. Including two Canis, Canis Major and Canis Minor. My icon's armor kinda resembles what I imagined a samurai-ish Canis Minor armor to look like.

I stopped watching Saint Seiya Omega like, ten episodes in, and my icon is now terribly outdated. Need to change it with something, now that you mention it... It's just that... Dat laugh.

Yeah, I kinda noticed how long-lived we've been while nosing around today. Pretty impressive, in its own way.

Why was I nosing around, you ask? Because I've been busy making something for you all:

Persona: Upon The Grave of Guilt - FAQ/Walkthrough

Now, obviously, it's far from completed. Even the finished bits probably need refinement. But I finished the Characters section just a bit ago and wanted to submit it here because I'm 99% positive that I got something wrong somewhere, especially as far as making up everybody's skill progression (I had to make up a few things, especially for older characters). Feel free to correct me so we can have accurate information.

The FAQ/Walkthrough is where I intend on storing all the random information that I keep on compiling into lists and leaving in random places in these discussion threads. Pretty much a big ol' data dump, some of it completely useless. I'll be adding more to it as time goes on.

In news directly relevant to the RP thread, I'm totally psyched. Zinc, go ahead. I'll be relatively free over the next month. Let's kill some characters get this party started.

Niedude, that post had a good explanation, and Imma finish reading it, but Bliv is the best person of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Honestly, my *Beep* is so *NO ZINC* right now. And my *STPOITYOUFOOL* could supply power to a third world country.
    You know some of this is really close to how I would have pictured it in a game? With Wulfgard, I imagined him coming in at a higher level, but literally only being able to level up once his Shadow is defeated more than halfway through the game? You got it pretty close. Although, I wouldn't say Liza taunts people. Her persona actually makes it so she's less likely to be attacked. But still, This is probably the greatest thing anyone's ever done for one of my projects before.
    Imma read it again.
    WARNING!

Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast