Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Persona- BOSS

Well, GH, there you have it. Levin thinking Sofiya for getting punched in the nuts.
    I hope she doesn't assume she should apply this to other situations. I do believe there are only three in which she'd get praised for nutkicking.

So...
    I also have recieved word from TSR.
    Because he's going to college in the Phillipines (I have no idea why), and he was lied to about his internet, he won't be able to get on very much.
    Because he took the time to let me know I'll do my best to not get angry at his abscence. If I have to, I'll bunny Miyuki a bit.

In other news, do any of the old members remember my friend with the brain tumor from last year?
    Yeah... it's back.
    And I find out before my two hardest finals. It doesn't exatcally aid stress to hear somthing like that.
    So, I might not be too 'happy' the next week or so until I find out what's going on.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

Well, that all sucks the big one Zinc, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'd like to think I speak for all of us here when I say don't feel bad about taking time out from us if you need to - real life is vastly more important. But I also like to think we're buds in some small fashion. Not traditional buds, but I still care about you, and I'll be thinking of you and your friend because of that. Sometimes, life is just cruel and picks days where it just decides to pile everything on. I don't really know what else to say here.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Three situations where she'd get praised? Now I'm curious. I can only think of one, and knowing you and me, I doubt that's what you were thinking.

And I second SoS; that sucks something else. I'm not really sure what to say since I suck at trying to comfort people and it's not like anything I say could really help anyway, but I wish all the best to you and especially to your friend regardless. Hopefully you'll get a better picture of the situation and she pulls through again, like she did the last time!
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Even though I do bad things
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | TSoAM | CotVK|

Knowing you, Zinc, I'm sure you're friend has enough motivation to kick that tumor's *** all over again. And though we've never seen or talked to each other without the aid of keyboards and screens, I consider us all friends. And the friends of my friends are my friends, too, soooooooooooooo I'm rooting for her, too ;D

Best of luck to her and you as well; it's never an easy thing to go through, especially more than once. I'm sure things will work out though!
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 4th May 2012 at 6:16 PM.

Oh man, I hope things turn out okay. I've never seen anyone in that kind of situation before, but -- I know it must be tough.
    Yeah, SOS is right. Take the time to do whatever you have to do. We'll be right here. Just be there for her.
    On Army-Training Leave:

I'll be gone from Serebii/Internet from Sept 10th - Dec 15/16th. If you want to contact me, send a PM by the first of September. Coolio!

See you guys. Be back soon. Enjoy BOSS!

Real life always comes before anything here, Zinc. You've been patient with us, and we owe you the same courtesy. We've all got your back here, and that includes your friend. Here's hoping that you both pull through all right.

As far as RP business, goes, Sigmund's acting on his damsel-in-distress reflex again (I really need to add a line about that to his bio). Feel free to have Lace shout at him all you like, VB - he's tuning Lace out at the moment.

Thanks guys, but there's not much I can really do. She's off in New Orleans getting tests run, and I'm several hours away.
    I'm not going to get down over it.
    Instead, I'll throw ya'll a teaser since you've been so kind:
    http://zincspider.deviantart.com/#/d4ylhhl

Enjoy that, and wonder how you're going to deal with it's claws around your throat.

EDIT: Is it bad I thought that Bliv hadn't posted? It was burried between Marbly's and GH's.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

..Why does that look like Shadow joshua...?

Because you're wrong.
    Zinc ignores any and all Sexy Josh jokes. I won't bring that 'meme' (can't really be called that, as only we speak of it) into the game.
    WARNING!

Wait, so you were serious about the bears? Oh yes.

I've sent ideas to Zinc about Shadow Joshua (about what he manifests from mostly, not his actual appearance or powers) a while ago, and not one of them included "Sexy Josh". Whether he intends to use any of them, I have no idea.
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

I only mentioned Josh cause he and JP are the only cast members I remember keeping a perma stubble.
    Unless Halberd does too and I just cant recall...

And it's the Wordy post! Former threadwarmer, falling from grace. Hard.

Did it hurt when I fell from heaven? Huhuhuhuhuhu. Yes, it did.

I have no excuse, aside from the fact that I have exams starting in nine days that will continue until the middle of June, with a break from the 3rd-10th June for Whitsun. Bully for me. So yeah, I totally have the bestest excuse ever for not doing anything re: Internet because these exams are apparently important according to everyone who tells me so. Yay, fun, work. Especially since I'm realising now that I don't know anything. I seriously haven't a clue. About life.

Anyway...
    I think I'm the last excuseless person to have posted, right? So we can move onto more fun story stuff.

UFO dude looks grizzled. Hawhaw.
    ...God, I need to get out more.
    Last edited by Wordy; 6th May 2012 at 2:38 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3963-5379

I love how bear comes up when looking at that picture.
    It's more of a mixture of sabre-toothed tiger and wolf. Sabre-Toothed Werewolf. A beast if you will.
    WARNING!

My condolences... a bit belatedly, of course. Been a bit tangled up between various real-life artifices and Madoka... haven't been here nearly as often as I should have.

As for the - ah - Beast, I now realize why they call him Randy.
    Friend Code: 0404-6904-4521
    Ghost Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb

Bah, I haven't posted here in two weeks. I apologise. And I am also sorry about your situation, Zinc. I still have two more RPG's to catch up in, and it's almost bedtime for me now, so I hope to post tomorrow or Monday.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

It's alright.

@Niihyl
    You're the warmest.

@niedude
    Heeeeeeeeey.
    Write your post in reaction to Shinai.
    So I can get a move on.
    WARNING!

I was thinking it could be Shadow Randy, but you already drew a pic of Shadow Randy so nnnnnn I dunno. Maybe it's the Jester's love interest.

Anyway, yay, people are coming baaaack~
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Even though I do bad things
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | TSoAM | CotVK|

-- What we talk about when we talk about Writing --

Everyone. Do you find it easier to write out your character's posts as time goes on? Is there a set format, or style that you go to that your comfortable with that cranks out the writing faster? I start with a small direction at the beginning based on someone elses response, then veer off. I come back later to edit.

How do you go about writing your characters here? It's kind of like dictation. I'm talking about BOSS, and our Persona series in particular, but it can be anything that you've been involved with. Do you outline? Wing it? Or, just mash at the keyboard until five or six paragraphs take up your screen?
    Last edited by Vivian_Bloom; 8th May 2012 at 12:50 AM.
    On Army-Training Leave:

I'll be gone from Serebii/Internet from Sept 10th - Dec 15/16th. If you want to contact me, send a PM by the first of September. Coolio!

See you guys. Be back soon. Enjoy BOSS!

In this RPG (and its previous incarnations) I usually improvise most things. If there is one thing I want JP to end up doing, I set a goal in mind and try to steer him in that direction. But this is the beauty of being in a long running RP, really: I am no longer in control of my character.

I find myself writing things I didn't plan, or sometimes even want to write. JP versus S.JP? Went totally against what I wanted. I wished to draw it out, but JP kept screaming at me to be more direct in his approach. I also wouldn't have had JP throw his weapons away, especially when his ankle was already twisted, were it not so befitting of JP's personality (I believe there was something in the Shadow's dialog that pretty much compelled me to write the scene the way I did)

tl;dr: Ad lib the crap out of everything.
    Last edited by niedude; 8th May 2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: My god, the grammar. The awful, awful grammar

What niedude said. I don't plan anything. Planning is boring. I just let my keyboard carry me away~
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

I meticulously plan out every outcome that my players may think of in response to my future post. Then I squash all hope from their frail bodies as I paint a scene of despair upon a canvas of dread, just waiting for them to try and outsmart me.
    Then, when they think they've achieved their goal, I remind them just who's running this game.
    They cannot win. They cannot beat me. They cannot survive unless I deem it fit. Forever they'll have to endure a boring game of cat and mouse, somthing only a fool would agree to continue.
    And yet... here you all are. On the eve of our one year anniversery. Somehow still attracted to the bleak picture I've created in just black and white. And I ask myself: why?
    Then I remember...
    It's probably because I don't do that, and the whole paragraph above me was just a way to say:
    THE EIGTH IS OUR ONE YEAR ANNIVERSERY, JACK-OFFS! ARE YOU AS EXCITED AS ME? I DOUBT IT!.

EDIT: I plan mine out, and think about the details while walking around campus and listening to my Ipod.
    WARNING!

Interesting question, VB. As for whether I plan out posts or not, it totally depends on the RPG and the situation. In things like battles, I'm more likely to wing it because I have no idea what the GM has planned for the situation. However, as the creator of Halberd, I am typically not comfortable writing something without a plan (or at least part of one). I usually have at least a general idea of what I am going to post before I start typing it up. And then I adjust it according to the most recent posts in the RPG. Also, I typically don't edit my posts afterward unless I spot a grammatical error, spot a mistake I made about something that happened in the RPG, or if somebody ninja'd me in posting (as what VB just did to me in this RPG).

I think a lot about my characters anyway, so I've already thought about some things that Halberd could do if certain things happened in this RPG, and what he could do about Russell. I even have a plan for him to start making a new weapon to use against the Shadows--something that's not a sword, but nothing fancy either. Something that's more... appropriate for him, say. And I've already thought about what Shadow Halberd might be like. I like to plan things far in advance, but on posts I am stuck winging it in certain situations.

Part of the reason why I do all this planning is because the vast majority of the characters I play in RPG's are part of one or more stories I plan to write in the future--participating in these RPG's is a way for me to develop their characters a bit more. Therefore, a lot of my characters tend to have connections to one another. When I signed up as Halberd for Persona: OP, I came in with sort of a backstory already extensively planned out for him, namely in the form of his family and the Black Cat Bandits. Ever since I wrote that signup, I knew the other Black Cat Bandits were going to have to be involved at some point in the RPG, hence why I mentioned them so much in the actual RPG. Yeah, it was funny--I've signed up as other Black Cat Bandits in other RPG's and mentioned Halberd as an NPC there, but this was my first time ever having him as my main character. I'm really liking what has become of his character so far.

EDIT: And when I'm the GM of an RPG, I almost always plan things out, much in the same manner as Zinc described in the latter part of his post. I already have certain details planned out for the future plot of my Earthbound RPG. I don't think about every possible thing the player can do; just what I generally want to happen. If a character does something odd or goes the wrong way (I had that happen once recently), I'm pretty good at whipping up a creative solution that brings them back on track...
    Last edited by Kiruria; 8th May 2012 at 12:46 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Hey! Remember that thing that I was trying a while back? You know, the one where I try to make sense of anything Lace says or does? I may have to give that up - it's not working out as well as I'd hoped. (To be fair, I recognize that she was delirious this time around.)

As for planning, I might have vague goals two posts or so ahead that I want to work towards, but for the most part I just write everything as I go. I've tried to keep long-term goals and forethought in mind in other RPs (B*RS: IS will probably be one of those), but Sigmund doesn't tend to plan more than a move or two ahead, anyway, so I don't worry about it. Sometimes I even come up with something amusing for him to do halfway through writing a post that would derail future plans, anyway, so it's not worth it here. On the small scale, I find that responding to immediate changes in the character's environment and going forward from that usually gives me a good direction to build enough material for a sizable post.

Anniversary tomorrow, you say? You should totally celebrate in the only appropriate way: killing off characters! The more the better!
    ...Actually, please don't. Please forget that I ever ever ever suggested that. Have mercy, O Zinc.

Quote Originally Posted by Blivsey View Post
    Hey! Remember that thing that I was trying a while back? You know, the one where I try to make sense of anything Lace says or does? I may have to give that up - it's not working out as well as I'd hoped. (To be fair, I recognize that she was delirious this time around.)
    Dude, I go through whole pages of not knowing what Lace is up to sometimes. I just get lost in that delusional mind of hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blivsey View Post
    Anniversary tomorrow, you say? You should totally celebrate in the only appropriate way: killing off characters! The more the better!
    ...Actually, please don't. Please forget that I ever ever ever suggested that. Have mercy, O Zinc.
    YOU FOOL
    YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL

Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast