Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Persona- BOSS

Please, I use just the Protag half the time.

I feel like we had this conversation before... in the older DT.
    Maybe we should try some new material?
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

@VB: Joshua's in costume, but he'll be changing into regular clothes before the court. Because you try fighting in a suit, it's highly impractical, and Joshua doesn't feel like ruining his best clothes.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Well, I don't have any schoolwork, and I'll have constant access to the internet this afternoon, so I can garuntee a post later today or tonight by my time.
    It's 7:49 AM were I am, so use that as you will.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

And then Zinc and I were in the same time zone. All the better to [worship him in person/be an easily-reachable target/have awesome tea parties], I guess.

I see we've noticed how P4A continues to look more awesome and that FFXII is a greatly under-appreciated game. Forget the complaints about the battle system - it wasn't that bad at all, and the superior story, dialogue and setting more than make up for its shortcomings.

Anyway, while we're stalling (our conversation's kinda directed at Clarise ATM, might jump in anyway), let's take a head-count of who's dressed as who for the party, so that we don't tread all over each other's toes. Or we could have repeat costumes. Dunno. Anyway, the decided ones are:

Halberd - Cap'n of the Black Cat Pirates
    Lace - Demon-ninja.... thing
    Ciara - Succubus Witch
    Clarise - Cowboy(?) With goggles.
    Mana - Mad Hatter (tentative). Possibly a cat.
    Sofiya - Everything. ALL OF THE COSTUMES.
    Joshua - Le Fantôme de l'Opéra
    Sigmund - Vampire. Classic flavor.
    Russell - Musketeer
    Snow - French nobleman
    Levin - Eff costumes. Going casual.
    Last edited by Blivsey; 31st March 2012 at 12:17 AM.

I play musical chair with my characters. I switch them around all the time because I like them to be within the same level range. That goes for anything with a level system. Unless they're extras that I have just to have a full collection of the characters, their level have to be close. I've never caught the FF bug. I've played a few but I've never beaten any... I do like the game series I just can't push myself to beat it.

Russell is a Musketeer. Ciara other 'trick' costume unless I'm mistaken is Theresa minus the hair because she couldn't find a blonde wig.
    Last edited by InnerFlame; 31st March 2012 at 3:56 AM.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

Say hello to Rascal, he is a naughty little Articuno but he wants to be a true adventurer one day. Feed him lots of spicy berries and help him grow big and stronger.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation
    Left and right for information

I like FFXII's battle system so far. That's always what makes or breaks a game for me, if the gameplay and battles are enjoyable. I do like how it prompts you to make back-up saves in dungeons in case of problems. Not that I use them, lol. I'm hoping the plot lets me go do other things soon; just got on Leviathan.

Snow's costume is more suitable for a Ren fest, being a French nobleman... and a cat-boy. Is Mana going to keep his cat ears too?
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

I'm tight for time, with the thesis delivery deadline coming up. Levin is at the party in a casual outfit, feeling superior to all you childish maggots. And fearing for his life because of last night's Court.
    I'll post properly when there's plot development, but I really can't invest time into more descriptive fluff posts right now, sorry guys :/

Haha, Levin more superior than us I think not. He's going to a Costume Party without a costume. And just going to wear casual clothing. He's going to look like an uptight guy who can't have fun.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

Say hello to Rascal, he is a naughty little Articuno but he wants to be a true adventurer one day. Feed him lots of spicy berries and help him grow big and stronger.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation

... Which is exactly what he is. :P

Russell is a bit like that too but he still a kid can get pull into doing things by others. Honestly if I didn't make a reason he be a loner and not dress up or go to the party at all. Which is why I think Levin and Russell will either be good friends or rivals.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation

Quote Originally Posted by InnerFlame View Post
    Haha, Levin more superior than us I think not. He's going to a Costume Party without a costume. And just going to wear casual clothing. He's going to look like an uptight guy who can't have fun.
    Disclaimer: The opinions portrayed by the these fictional characters do not represent the actual beliefs of their authors, nor do they claim to hold any ground outside the RPG itself.

Hah, got in a post before Zincman did! Of course... his "I'll definitely post tonight" could've been a ruse to get our asses posting... Meh, was going to post today anyway so doesn't matter.

Oh, right, Levin's not gonna wear a costume? I truly, truly pity him then, y'know.

All this talk about P4... I'll buy it next week. Promise. Oh and I'm one of those who liked the no-control battle system, by the way. Makes it more difficult and fast phased, both of which I like.

... My English feels like it's all over the place today. Strange. Better get back to work and then to bed quickly.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Even though I do bad things
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | Boktai |

And then Sofiya molested Mana. It was the best day ever, but for GH... It was Saturday morning (I believe that's right, GH being Finnish.)
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Yup, already Saturday here. An ordinary one. With lots of molestations, gore and muffins.

Because muffins make everything better.

EDIT: Oh, and so, Ciara's evil plan was to dress up as Theresa in front of JP to mock her/him/the both of them? ... I wanna see the fight that escalates into. The Shadow Self boss gonna be confused.
    Last edited by GoldenHouou; 31st March 2012 at 1:04 AM.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | Boktai |

... Well, even if you didn't know Theresa, that kinda crosses the line from not caring/black comedy into Dude, Not Funny! I mean, she's in a permanent coma.

"For you, the day Ignatova graced your body was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Saturday."

Oh, god. I'm not even sure how to react to that. I'm beginning to think that Mana won't be able to make it to the dance... Also, the stray kitten thing combined with the cat ears combined with military shenanigans = Schrodinger from Hellsing.
    Friend Code: 0404-6904-4521
    Ghost Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb

It's not just funny, it's hilarious. And now that JP technically isn't really a member of 'the team' in Ciara's eyes, he's just another potentially dangerous unstable factor.

But Ciara's not going to be wearing it any more, because those lovely backless strapless dresses with slits in the legs are buggers to get into and girls like Ciara would just want to put them on ASAP. So instead, the fake costume gets a mannequin. And a lovely face drawn on said mannequin (XP). So, you know.

Let us all worship Boss Elizabeth, for she is God made fighter.

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3963-5379

Obvious April Fools joke is obvious Zinc.

Banner Credit to Flame Mistress

JK's right Zinc, that's waaaay too see-through a lie. I am disappoint.

But thanks for reminding me it's April Fools' Day.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | Boktai |

Mm-hm, and I'm going to be the first Asian Doctor Who. An in-RPG trick post would have been more believable, especially if the joke was subtle.

Well, I honestly believe in Zinc. He's a man of the finest moral fiber and gentlemanly character. He'd never lie to us. And so, as our beloved leader is leaving, we should honor his memory by peacefully electing a new GM and continuing. Quick, someone stab the treacherous vizier!
    Friend Code: 0404-6904-4521
    Ghost Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb

Well, Zinc just sent me a PM, and it's detailed some things for me, so don't bite his head off. I think that everybody who sees this as 'just another April Fools' joke' needs to have their head examined. It's not nice, just because it's April 1st, to trivialise somebody else's life.

I am quite displeased with a large proportion of you.

He has named me as his successor, and told me to carry on where he left off. In line with Zinc's Last Request, Randy is to be 'taken out back and shot like a rabid dog.' As such, Randy will be bitten by a rabid dog and actually catch rabies, thusly ensuring symbolism. Liza will be the one to do the deed, completely differentiating her from Miyuki whom, frankly, she was way too similar to.

But there are a few things that Zinc did in his time that I frankly don't like, so here's the skinny:
    - As in P1/P2, every character can now hold up to five Personas at a time, with differing levels of compatibility. Zinc made Randy special, but I believe that all characters should be equal.
    - Velvet Room has a part to play, with Igor and new assistant Marie providing services such as Persona Fusion. Zinc has omitted a Persona staple.
    - Apathy Syndrome makes you into a demon. Theresa will come back as our first recurring villain, hellbent on the annihilation of humanity.
    - The Court of Miracles is an alternate universe as opposed to an hour out of place or whatever BS Zinc was spinning. Seriously.
    - There are alternate universe versions of each of the characters- these are referred to as Z-Types. Unlike Shadows, the Z-Types are humans too.
    - There is now the option for 'Negotiation' with Shadows, in which your characters can gain new weapons, armour and Personas. Alternatively, the demon could join your character's army.
    - Army System: Each character is now in command of a squad of loyal demons and Shadows, which can be deployed as they see fit. Each unit has a specific function to fulfil.
    - Ms. Halls will be killed off and replaced by a real Succubus.
    - Given how the new Persona fighting game only has 13 characters, the cast must fall in with this number. We will have a vote to determine which characters get dropped, and which can stay. Certain characters of plot significance will have to stay, but hopeless minor side characters like Mana or Joshua are easy pickings.
    - Because nobody cares, Russell will be written out of the story.

I will write my first post in-game as GM shortly, but rest assured that these changes will be ironed out within the post. If I see any more GRAVE ERRORS within Zinc's posts, I will add my planned changes to the list.

MORE NEW CHANGES:
    - Due to the horrifically skewed gender ratio, JP will go through gender reassignment surgery and will now be known as LaBarbara Pereira. It was decided based on who the 'least masculine/most feminine' male character was unanimously decided to be by a sample of voters.
    - After another vote conducted among the forum lurkers, the characters that will be eliminated are: Joshua, Russell, Clarise, Halberd, Izzy, Jones and Randy. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Feel free to PM me with ideas for your death scenes.
    - Given her newly elevated importance, Ciara H. Wright is now of the Judgment Arcana.
    - In a crossover with the Mass Effect series, the Moon Arcana will now be represented by Jacqueline Nought, better known as 'Subject Zero' or 'Jack'. The character's role is closely tied into the main storyline.
    - The nickname 'Cinders' for Sigmund is canon, as is spin-off saga "Snow and Cinders." Talks are in place to create an entirely new spin-off RPG set around the duo, with the rest of the cast being shoehorned into various film noir stereotypes. Ysavvryl and Blivsey are expected to be proactive in proving their characters' worth so the spin-off deal can be signed. It is still to be determined whether or not Melpomene and Hua Po will appear, and whether or not they will be wearing suits.
    - Because things were headed that way, Liza and Miyuki are now conjoined twins.
    - All heterosexual relationships are hereby outlawed, as Zinc's homophobia held us back greatly. We are to be the most progressive RPG on the forums, and to do so we must get rid of all this 'men and women together forever' nonsense.
    - In line with the above rule, all characters are required to have at least one romantic scene with their Z-Type counterpart.
    - Due to a universal wardrobe malfunction, all male characters no longer wear shirts. Combined with some of the above changes, this will enhance the RP's yaoi rating by up to 1000%, drastically increasing the female readerbase by up to 9000%.
    - Because Zinc was an idiot, the Crimson Beasts will once again be known as Free Candy. Miyuki will join as lead singer, necessitating the involvement of Liza, who will stand there looking boring and useless.
    - All players should fill out a more detailed SU form, which includes Date of Birth, Star Sign, Blood Type and Evolved Persona.
    - Every player should also write a completely fresh SU form including the above fields for their Z-Type counterpart.
    - Federal agents are now circulating Quartermannistan, investigating events. If your characters begin acting in any way deemed 'suspicious,' they will be removed for testing. Your back-up character will also automatically be grabbed by federal agents ASAP.

MOST IMPORTANT CHANGE:
    Posts are now in real-time. However, if you sacrifice post quality to meet real-time demands, then you will be eliminated. If you do not post in real-time, then your character will suffer from an existential breakdown. This is a strenuous challenge to separate the worthy from those who are not.

Also, it is QUARTERMANNISTAN. Let that be an end to it all.
    Last edited by Wordy; 1st April 2012 at 7:37 PM.

You forgot aliens. No plot is truly sucky before it involves aliens.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | Boktai |

And Snow will be replaced with his alternate realty self (the blind swordsman android), who will kill all of the characters who are being cut.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordy View Post
    - We are to be the most progressive RPG on the forums, and to do so we must get rid of all this 'men and women together forever' nonsense.
    - Due to a universal wardrobe malfunction, all male characters no longer wear shirts. Combined with some of the above changes, this will enhance the RP's yaoi rating by up to 1000%
    Yes.

10charlimit
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | Boktai |

Because Zinc was seriously too slow about this, we're going to be speeding up the rate at which we off all you little buggers. As such, all players should also have posted complete sign-ups (including Z-types) for at least two backup characters at all times. Anyone without a ready sign-up when their character is killed off will find themselves permanently ejected from the RP.

Spoiler:- Srsly:

Are you people trying to make fun of the work I'm doing here?

GH, if you're so enthused about the aliens, then make Sofiya an alien. She's already mostly there. You just need the revelation. Although, if she is an alien, she will be exterminated by federal agents, who from now on will be circulating Quartermannistan, gathering information about the mysterious incidents currently taking place there.

Blivsey, I'm not trolling you. In fact, I'm offended that anyone could say anything like this.

Now, does anybody know Zinc's password so I can edit the new details into the first post? I ask him to do it, but he's not responding. Probably because he 'doesn't give a shit any more'. What a douchebag.
    Last edited by Wordy; 1st April 2012 at 7:35 PM.

Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast