Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Persona- Burn On, Shining Souls!

Joshua Sands - Tower Arcana - Dorm 213

Don't worry, I've got you two covered. ;)

You won't have to worry about Jones today, so take some time off together.

Miyuki Tachibana... Joshua almost facepalmed. Ciara would probably be heading down sooner or later, and he had no way to hide. After all, now she knew he was here, and would probably become suspicious if he didn't come up. That said, he could hear music above him, though it was faint. Maybe she hadn't noticed? Well, it would give him time to deal with the shame. He still couldn't believe he was so spineless as to be incapable of knocking on her door to confront her. He cast his mind back again to last night, and the innermost thoughts revealed to him by Shadow Ciara.

"Does he have no spine? He never wants to confront me, no matter how deep I cut."

Well, that one was definitely true. He continued bottling up how he really felt, hiding how hurt he was by certain actions, as he had done for years. Confrontation wasn't his strong suit, be it physical or verbal. Suddenly, his ears pricked up. The music had stopped. And he could hear quick footsteps. His blood froze. Here she comes... He glanced out the window. Only the second floor. I'd survive a fall from here... Right? Then again, I'd only be Shadow-food tonight... Maybe not worth it. Maybe. Three sharp knocks. Pretend you're not there, or I swear to God-

"I know you're in there, the little bird told me." Dammit Miyuki! "I hope that your silence so far today has been a good sign. I mean, the only reason you wouldn't come to my room to see me is because you're preparing something totally super-special for a surprise." Oh dear God, bad to worse. He looked over at his desk - he still had the truffles, gift-wrapped from yesterday. Somehow, he doubted this would be 'super-special' enough to justify his silence. A brief pause. "Are you all right? Do you want me to get you some soup? Can I help? Or..." Wait, was this genuine concern? God. He couldn't tell if this was cute or terrifying. Both. Genuine concern from Ciara was that much of a rarity. And given what he'd heard last night...

What an adorable distraction this shall prove, until something more worthwhile comes along.

Again, he noted how this must have been from the beginning of their acquaintance. Maybe she had felt that way at the start, but now... It seemed deeper. Had she really come to appreciate him as a person? A friend? More? It seemed wrong now to judge her based on this statement in particular, and he felt guilty for it. Wait. Why was HE feeling guilty again? She was the one who should be apologising and feeling guilty... Even if she probably wouldn't do so. Well of course not if you don't tell her that you know... And you won't. You can't do it. You can't physically do it. He ran a hand through his hair. What was he supposed to do here?

Something sounded different about her though. Her voice seemed a touch more... slurred than usual. Probably his imagination. Another sharp knock brought him back to reality. "Have you been avoiding me?" Another pang of guilt, because, well, yes, he had. He bit his lip, still totally unsure what to do. His stomach had suddenly taken up acrobatics, and his mouth suddenly wanted to holiday in the Sahara.

Nobody is truly that nice. He's probably a trickster, a thief. He just wants to break me and discard me like all the rest. I'm not falling for any of it. My heart is shut tight.

What a fool! How could anyone rely on him? He's too easily swayed, he goes along with the flow. He's too passive and I refuse to be dragged down with that.

Could she still feel this way? That concern... Would she really have come all the way down if she still thought these things? Was Ciara really his friend or someone ready to stab him in the back should the opportunity arrive?

It didn't matter. He knew at once it just didn't matter. Because he was still going to treat her the same way, as he didn't have it in him to treat her any other way. And more than that... Stupid... fluttery feelings... Urgh. He sighed quietly and moved to the door, putting on a brave face and a warm smile. Thank God for my acting skills.

Joshua opened the door, to see her standing before him. "Sorry to keep you waiting, I just had to put a shirt on." As good an excuse as any. "Didn't occur to me to say. Brain isn't working this morning. Oh, wait there a second. Close your eyes," he said with a smirk, and stepped over to the desk, getting her birthday present. Realistically speaking, he hadn't not been going to give this to her, after it cost him close to $50. "Ta-da, happy birthday," he said as he handed it to her and gave her a hug.

Because, that was who he was. A nice person. A good guy who hides his feelings. Why bother her with how confused about her he really was? It was her birthday after all.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Snow Fields
    morning to noon, Bellows High

The morning had turned out nicely after all. Several others were going to class despite the long night before, including Lace and Halberd who walked to class with Snow and Russell. Really, if anyone else had been listening in, they might not have guessed the four of them had been through anything bad last night. And that one of their friends had ended up in the hospital, although he hadn't stayed up longer than to make sure that Clarise had been looked after and get back to the dorm. But life went on, not stopping for anyone's tragedy. One just had to keep moving on; Snow had known that for quite a while now.

For the first few classes he had today, he felt better than when he'd woken up, but still not in the greatest shape. There were times when he was briefly tired, but a small pinch or a tap from his pen let him from drifting off. His home ec class was still talking about household budget planning, now including things about various taxes. While it seemed to make for a boring period, that particular morning included one of the girls complaining that the class wasn't focusing on fun home-y things like sewing and cooking. That set the teacher off on an impassioned impromptu lecture on how this class might be their most important in all of high school because she was teaching them valuable life skills, things that they would really be doing for the rest of their lives. It might seem boring, but if they didn't learn this things, they might end up as 'filthy low-class ruffians who are up to your ears in debt'. It was kind of funny, although Snow certainly didn't feel like laughing or smiling when the teacher was being all serious about it. Maybe the teacher had had a rough time too.

Later on at noon, Snow went to the cafeteria and while waiting in line to get his food, he was greeted by Melissa and a couple of her friends. He talked with them for a little bit, mostly about the home ec teacher's outburst because one of the other girls was in that class too. But when Melissa asked if he wanted to hang out with her later that day, he declined because he already had plans. She seemed to accept that all right, but the way she and the other two girls were whispering to each other after that made him feel a bit weird. Were they planning on something? And why did they keep glancing at him every now and then?

It didn't seem all that important, so he put it out of his mind once he got away from them. He was spotted by Phil and pulled over to a table with the rest of the band, which he didn't mind. After taking another dose of aspirin so that his headache didn't return in the middle of school, he settled on eating his lunch and mentally reviewing what was going on during next class.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Izzy Simone
    Bellow High Cafeteria
    11/1/12 11:30

Still shaken from last night, Izzy hadn't pondered too much on Randy's miraculous recovery until lunch time. Truth be told, it wasn't really important at this point. The Court had begun to take its toll on him.

Just when he'd thought it wasn't so bad, it slapped him in the face. How could he have ever been 'okay' with a nightmare world that tried to kill him every night? Simply living from night to night didn't make it acceptable. Since when had something like that become a part of his life? He hadn't fiddled in his workshop for over a month. His grades were slipping. He saw his parents even less than usual. Even if he was alive, the Court was ruining his life.

He didn't seem to be the only one. Randy, even with his voice returned, was noticeably subdued in about every aspect. His clothing had dimmed from its previous gaudiness. His signature big mouthed grin was a rare sight. And while their performances had never been 'great', the past few weeks he had looked like he was just going through the motions. His spark of life had died down.

The whole band was together: Phil and Ned sitting on the opposite side of the table, Randy sitting between them, and Snow eating quietly next to Izzy. Randy was absentmindedly dipping his broccoli stalk into a large puddle of ketchup (something Izzy couldn't stomach to look at as that combination had no right to be good, and yet Randy seemed to dip everything in ketchup).

It was quiet... too quiet. Not the cafeteria as a whole. It was always noisy, but Izzy had never seen the band so sedated. Disturbed by this and feeling like now was as good a time as any, Izzy broke the silence. “Umm... Randy.”

“Yesh.” Randy answered, still chewing his awful mixture of food (seriously, ketchup with broccoli? Ranch was fine, peanut butter was good, cheese sauce was great... ketchup? It should not mesh.).

“Why... why'd you fake losing your voice?” Izzy asked, mustering up all the courage he could muster. He wasn't sure if the accusation was true. But it was certainly the most likely possibility. If you entered the Court with and injury, it can't be fixed in the Court. Healing magic reverts you to your 'normal' state, the one you entered with. It wasn't a fix all. Nothing should have been able to 'cure' him this quickly.

Randy stopped eating almost immediately, dropping what he was holding on his plate. Izzy had asked quietly enough so that only their group could hear it, so Phil and Ned looked at their buddy intently.

“That's, like, a totally good question man, since when did you start talking again?”
    “What he said.”

Randy picked at the white plastic tray for a few seconds, trying to ignore the eyes staring at him. Izzy almost felt guilty about confronting him, but he had to do something. Then, Randy slowly stood up, picking up his tray with him. His face looked grave, and for once Izzy actually took notice of his glasses, as they reflected the glow of the cafeteria's lighting at just the right angle to white them out. They looked more like walls than anything. “I... have to go.”

But Phil and Ned wouldn't have it. Without a thought for their own food, they grabbed Randy by the shoulders and pushed him back into his seat, refusing to let him go.

“No way dude. Running away is most heinous. Unless it's to meet a girl.”
    “Severely un-excellent even. It's not like you at all.”

Sighing, Randy placed his tray back on the table. “Fine, the truth it is,” he said, removing his glasses. Phil and Ned kept their hands on him, watching him intent on hearing his explanation. “The truth is, I'm scared. I'm scared that the band's going to fail, and it'll all be my fault. I'd rather you all kick me out and find someone new than be pulled down by me. I have no creative bone in my body when it comes to music. I can't write sheet or lyrics. All I do is mimic. I'm no better than a Juke Box. People are getting tired of what I bring to the table. We have less and less people coming each week... soon the school will decide that the concert isn't worth the profit it brings in. The voice thing was going to be my excuse to back out. ”

Phil and Ned tilted their heads so that they were looking at each other, apparently trying to absorb all the information. “Duuuuuuude,” both of them said at once, adjusting their chins upon their hands, apparently thinking deeply. Randy just stayed where he was despite being let go, staring at his ketchup-coated broccoli. After a few second of contemplation, they nodded.

“You're right.”
    “You suck.”

Izzy's jaw dropped at their honesty. Randy's excuse was making him think as well, but he hadn't reached a conclusion on what he really thought about it yet. Their decision was much too fast, and Randy's shoulders slumped in response. So much for support.

“But so do we, right Ned?”
    “Yeah, Phil, we suck collectively.”

Randy looked back up, first looking at Phil, then Ned, then over at Izzy while raising an eyebrow in confusion. Izzy shrugged; he had no idea what point they were trying to make. Really, none of them could claim to be professionals.

“We haven't exactly offered any material of our own either. We do the same as you. We play what we're given and what we like.”
    “So if you get to beat yourself up over that, so do we. We're a band.”

A tremor ran through the table, causing a large clattering of silverwear. It was Snow, his fists clenched, slightly red from their contact with the table. He looked a bit... different. Izzy had never seen him look annoyed, but he guessed that's what this was. Annoyed or hot blooded.

“No. We aren't a band.” Snow stated loudly, now standing up and facing Randy. “We're more than that! We're brothers. A convergence of manly souls who's only mission is to bring a grin to the masses. Hell, SCREW THE MASSES! As long as one person goes home feeling better than before, we should feel accomplished.” Snow then leaned over and pointed at Randy. “And one of my brothers would never do something so cowardly as to fake an illness to get out of his duties. It makes me question your intentions! So I ask you, Randy, WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO?!”

Upon reaching the end of his sentence, Snow was shouting at Randy. Izzy was terrified. He'd never seen anyone but Randy get so worked up before. If someone had gotten so unexpectedly aggressive at him, Izzy probably would've fainted... But Randy? Randy was smiling. A big grin was plastered on his face as he reached up and grabbed Snow's hand. “I WANNA ROCK!” he shouted, followed by a bout of near insane laughter.

And then some joker had to throw a slice of banana crčme pie at Randy's head. But that only made Snow laugh harder, along with Phil, Ned, Izzy, and a number of students around them. It was a wonderful break of the tension. Also, it made the cafeteria monitor yell at the person who had thrown the pie rather than them for disrupting lunch.

“Thanks, I needed that,” Randy said, casually wiping the pie filling off his face and out of his hair as he sat down. After tasting a bit, he added, “I knew I should've gotten the pie.”

Snow falling back into his seat, looking absolutely exhausted. “Good, because I don't think I have another exclamation point left in me.” He sighed, his voice and face returning to normal.

“I'm impressed that you remember that by the way. Well, most of it anyway. Speaking of which we need to go shopping after school today. I'm in desperate need of something red. And then we can head back to my dad's place and work on writing something of our own.” Randy planned, speaking seemingly without concern for taking a breath.

Although many of the students nearby had paused to watch them, some hoping to see a fight break out, several still having fits of laughter and wondering if it was worth calling for a food fight, the whole cafeteria calmed down as the intercom beeped on for the second time during the period. “The following students please report to Mr. Testa Jones classroom: Lace Codor, Levin Sanders, Russell W-”

Izzy listened intently as a list of familiar names was read out. Even Randy was interested in the names called, as was Snow. As they well should be. Every single one of them was a Persona user. A frequenter of the Court. Their friends and allies. Everyone had just been singled out and called to a teacher's room.

Someone knew something.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

Snow
    lunch, cafeteria

Their table had been oddly quiet, until Izzy had spoken up to ask Randy why he had faked losing his voice. That was something Snow had been wondering too, but his mind had been focused on school, classes, and lessons so he hadn't entirely been paying attention to the nothing going on. Randy didn't want to answer; he even tried leaving the table, something that made Snow feel puzzled and somehow a little upset. Why would he try that?

At any rate, Phil and Ned wouldn't allow it and pushed Randy back into his seat, rebuking him for trying to run off. So he explained what the problem was: he was scared that the band would fail because he didn't think he was that good. True, the crowds to their Friday night performances had been shrinking. And things hadn't been on the same quality as they had started the school year with, possibly because the Court of Miracles was wearing down on three of them.

And then an odd rebellious thought in Snow wondered, why should that get in the way of music?

Phil and Ned had their own thoughts on the situation, that none of them were really great but they were a band so they should stick together. Which was one way of looking at it, but it reminded Snow of what Randy had said to him at the first concert. Maybe he ought to remind him of that. But then, he wasn't sure if he should make a scene out of it. After all, some people were already watching them

But, it was for the sake of music, and his brothers. For that, he didn't care what the others in the cafeteria thought. This wasn't about them, it was about trying to get Randy out of his funk so that he'd stop being an emo rain shower on the parade.

Just act like he did.

“No. We aren't a band.” Snow shouted, standing up and slamming his hands on the table (and startling Izzy beside him). “We're more than that! We're brothers. A convergence of manly souls who's only mission is to bring a grin to the masses. Hell, SCREW THE MASSES! As long as one person goes home feeling better than before, we should feel accomplished.” Snow then leaned over and pointed at Randy. “And one of my brothers would never do something so cowardly as to fake an illness to get out of his duties. It makes me question your intentions! So I ask you, Randy, WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO?!”

thankfully, Randy grinned in response, something of his old self sparking in his eyes again. He shot out of his seat, grabbed Snow's hand, and shouted, “I WANNA ROCK!”, followed by a bout of near-insane laughter that made Snow laugh too. It had worked! Maybe he could be bolder in other things too; it wasn't that hard.

And then some joker had to throw a slice of banana crčme pie at Randy's head. But that only made Snow laugh harder, along with Phil, Ned, Izzy, and a number of students around them. Also, it made the cafeteria monitor yell at the person who had thrown the pie rather than them for disrupting lunch.

“Thanks, I needed that,” Randy said, casually wiping the pie filling off his face and out of his hair as he sat down. After tasting a bit, he added, “I knew I should've gotten the pie.”

Snow sat back down too, saying, “Good, because I don't think I have another exclamation point left in me.” He sighed, feeling his weariness and a bit of the headache come back. But the latter issue shouldn't last long.

“I'm impressed that you remember that by the way. Well, most of it anyway. Speaking of which we need to go shopping after school today. I'm in desperate need of something red. And then we can head back to my dad's place and work on writing something of our own.” Randy said, thinking aloud and speaking so fast it was a wonder that he could still breathe.

Then the intercom rang out for attention. “The following students please report to Mr. Testa Jones' classroom: Lace Codor, Levin Sanders, Russell W-”

Snow quickly paid attention to the announcement. There was a long list of people called, including himself, Randy, and Izzy. In fact, it was everyone that had been involved in the Court, save for a few individuals that had forgotten they had ever visited. But why Mr. Jones' classroom? Maybe Wulfgard had borrowed it. Then again, he hadn't called on them in the middle of the school day yet. It had to be something important.

At least he was mostly done with his lunch. “We should get going,” Snow said.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Lace Condor
    Dormitory Kitchen

Snow and Russell didn't look that disturbed or curious about her popping out from the stairs. Halberd came into the group from behind and Lace felt her face warm up and she shook her hands in his face before a fast "Aye, Halberd! How'd you sleep?" Lace backed off him and was rubbing her apple clean over her shirt. She half-opened her mouth but quit when she blanked on how she'd carry on with Halberd. She raised her head up a bit and after a quick glance to Russell and Snow, she dropped her smile and shifted over to Halberd's side.

"About the Court last night," Lace lowered her voice. "I don't know if you heard me over everything that was going on, but, I said some pretty horrible things about you." She spoke slowly after taking a new breath and placed a hand over Halberd's shoulder, "I'm sorry, and, I shouldn't have got like that, especially with you." Lace took a few steps to the now open door outside before back-pedaling back checking that they wouldn't be overheard. "There’s something I got to take care of with the nurse, but, you'll be at the cafeteria for lunch, right? Invite me over if you see me. I really want to talk some more."

Cafeteria

A tray of milk, fruit, hamburgers, pizza, and whatever apple was left sat on Lace's tray as she rubbed her head staring at the meal. I hope I can squeeze in some ice cream before it gets too late. She stood with more energy on her weak leg now with her pants leg covering a small cast on her foot. After the dorms and unable to harass Wulfgard or Liza, she'd found a nurse, a charming woman, who treated the swelling and made the pain easier to bear. A brand new cherry lollipop in her mouth she left the food line with her tray and started to scan the tables for Halberd when there was an announcement.

"The following students, please report to Mr. Jones' classroom; Lace Condor-" her candy dropped on to her pizza as she stared around the ceiling and the intercom in confusion. What'd she do? The nurse said it was okay to skip class when she was helping me. She gave me a pass! Lace picked up and eyed the lollipop like it was poisonous. They called everyone else in her dorm to the office too, so, we're all in trouble? Lace ran over to a nearby table with three older-looking students and dropped her tray. "Can you watch this, please?" she asked them before her words became mumbled with the pizza now dangling from her mouth. She finished one hamburger and was halfway through the second as she jogged out of the cafeteria to the appointed room.

Lace was right in front of the door and after some quick body-stretching, she stood up straight and took another bite out of her pizza as she entered the room and what was hopefully a simple misunderstanding for everybody.
    Last edited by Vivian_Bloom; 30th August 2012 at 2:38 AM.
    On Army-Training Leave:

I'll be gone from Serebii/Internet from Sept 10th - Dec 15/16th. If you want to contact me, send a PM by the first of September. Coolio!

See you guys. Be back soon. Enjoy BOSS!

Ciara H. Wright
    Bellow High Dorms
    Lunchtime

As she opened her eyes and viewed the present in her hands, she started to feel very strange indeed.

She had seen the box in the shop, of course, the golden $40 prize and chief among her desires. She wasn't even sure why she had put herself off of buying it. Maybe it was her horoscope or something. In the grand scheme of things, she could have stopped her subscription to Cosmo for a while. It wasn't like she really needed it, she just read it to take up time and look metropolitan.

And yet despite that, there was something else. A sentiment in the gift. Of course he knew what she liked, he couldn't have been completely oblivious to how she went gooey-eyed over the latest in confectionery and how her pupils dilated when she smelt chocolate... but here was the proof of it. In a stylish, expensive box, worth money she knew full well he probably wouldn't have been willing to spend on such things under sane circumstances. Why would he go to such lengths? Was there some significance to it?

As she let go of the hug and took a step back, Ciara felt tears well up in her eyes, quite unwanted. The cost of the thing didn't even matter, it was a gift. So what was giving her these moods?
    Damn you, alcohol! You were my staunchest ally...
    She flung her arms around him in yet another hug in the hopes of this unbidden emotion spike passing unnoticed.

"Oh my god, I can't remember the last time somebody got me something that was so spot-on without asking!" she said with a small laugh, "I really... I mean... I can't believe you would do that. For me, I mean, I'm always so..." she sighed and looked at her feet to avoid what felt like a blush. Jesus, she had turned eighteen today and yet she was acting more like a little girl than she had in a long time. What was with all those 'I mean's? Was she, Ciara H. Wright, tongue-tied?

She smiled breezily and happily, just for that weird feeling to wash over her again and reduce it to an uncertain frown, "Why are you so... happy? You should be with your theatre buddies right now..." She looked wistfully around, hoping for a window that she could meaningfully gaze into (like there always were in the movies) but found nothing in the hallway aside from him. She stared pointedly over his shoulder, as if seeing something interesting over there instead. "I'll just make you feel bad about yourself. You know what they say about me..."

What was wrong with her today? Birthday! Gifts! Good times! All the buzzwords seemed to crumble to dust before her... what was it? Ciara felt almost defeated, resigned. This feeling of disappointment- it was really only disappointment in herself. Because she had let her head run away without even consulting her heart... and why did such a corny line seem to make such perfect sense? It was absolutely sickening... but it wasn't. It actually felt quite comfortable.

Maybe it was time to stop overthinking things. She would have to take baby steps. But all that mattered was that she said what she felt, without concealing it in an acidic veneer or beneath a barbed veil. That was how progress could be made. Time to go for it head-on, without feeling embarrassed. Speaking first, second-guessing the situation when it all went wrong rather than when it was still all right.

She was thinking better than she had been in years. In fact, she felt more sober than when she had started drinking this morning. This little burst of courage was something she couldn't regret.

"I think I'd like to get a pizza for lunch," she said carefully, looking directly at his face unflinchingly, "And maybe also buy some popcorn and watch a DVD...? If you don't want to watch a film with me, I'll understand. But I'd really rather..." she smiled, and this time it felt genuine. She felt so stupid and yet so completely carefree, unguarded and loving it. Was this how everyone else got things done?

She knew that she sounded like a five-year-old, but that was the only way she was going to get her point across without blushing. She hoped that he didn't want her to spell it out- she definitely wouldn't be able to do that without running off to hide somewhere in mortal embarrassment. Forever.

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3963-5379

Joshua Sands - Tower Arcana - Dorm 213... Doorway. Yep.

Something was unbelievably weird here. As she stepped back, he saw that her eyes were watering. Ciara, of all people, tearing up over a present? Granted, it was pretty nice, but he'd never seen her like this. Immediately, she threw her arms around him again, and it was at this point Joshua's confusion over this whole Ciara situation intensified. She was acting so strangely. Maybe it hit her that she was legally an adult now? Or maybe her Shadow had given her some brutal lecture last night. He hadn't considered that yet, and felt guilty for it. So she was maybe feeling more vulnerable because of that?

"Oh my god, I can't remember the last time somebody got me something that was so spot-on without asking! I really... I mean... I can't believe you would do that. For me, I mean, I'm always so..."

"Well, it's your 18th birthday, and we're friends... You deserved something special," he said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world, even if he wasn't completely sure of his reason. But again, she seemed so different today. So much more open, so much less snarky and composed. It was so strange. He almost felt like she really needed him around right now for support. She was practically tongue-tied... And he could swear he could smell something other than her perfume on her, but he couldn't say what.

"Why are you so... happy? You should be with your theatre buddies right now..." Happy? That might have been a stretch at the minute. Confused was appropriate. And why should he be with someone else? He was taking the day off "sick". The others were in class, they didn't come into it at all... She couldn't look him in the eye as she spoke her next sentence. "I'll just make you feel bad about yourself. You know what they say about me..." Yeah, there were a lot of people probably who said things about her, said what a b-word she was. And then of course there was what he'd experienced last night... But the fact that she was actually showing regret and almost apologising for it... "I think I'd like to get a pizza for lunch," she said, finally able to look at him head-on, "And maybe also buy some popcorn and watch a DVD...? If you don't want to watch a film with me, I'll understand. But I'd really rather..." He'd honestly never seen her so vulnerable and shy. It was kind of refreshing. But the implications of it all... It was pretty clear there was something more on her mind than just two friends hanging out. This offer would be hard to turn down, given these feelings... If he was really honest with himself, he'd wanted this for a while now. And, it was her birthday... He couldn't really say no.

"Just the two of us? That's how you want to spend your birthday?" he smirked, trying to put her a bit more at ease, "But, uh, yeah, of course we can." Now he was going a little red, and averted his eyes a bit. "Did you... Have any particular film in mind?"
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Russell Wilton
    Outside the Cafeteria (Middle Day)

As the redhead sat alone letting the more quiet atmosphere keep his headache rather calm; he just let his mind roam as he thought of things. His family, school, the court, plans for later today; Russell just went through it as he stared at the greenery around him until the intercom came on and started calling names. His was one of the first three but it didn't stopped there; it continued through a lot more and suspiciously enough it called everyone that frequent to the Court of Miracle... What was more surprising was it even got the name of Levin, the guy that just recently join them last night... Was it Mr. Wulfgard trying to get in touch with them? In all the time spent together this would be the first time he ever call them out during the school day... The man normally wanted for weekends or after school. If it wasn't him than who else could it be and how could he so well pinpoint everyone...? Was it because they saw the group of them spending the night out late and returning back to the dorm around midnight? Possibly, it was a problem the school noticed and wanted it stop... Hopefully this wouldn't involved his parents.

Knowing that sitting around speculating wouldn't get him anywhere, he got up and made a quick tray drop-off before heading for Mr. Testa Jones' Room. Seeing he went directly there, it only took a couple of minutes to stroll through the campus to the main school building. It seem mostly empty as the students gone out for food or just enjoy their break before they had to brave more classes. Russell rubbed his eyes he was having a difficult time figuring out if he was just tired or if his vision was getting worst. He made it destined room and since the door was closed he knocked. The voice of an adult told him to come in and pushed the door opened. It looked like it normally did with the exception that the map was pulled down but there was nothing really odd about that.

“Hey Mr. Jones so why the sudden call in?” The freshman boy asked; the teacher didn't reply he just kept his face deep into a book not even glancing over at him... This certainly wasn't the typical Jones that he was accustomed; was something wrong? He seem seriously into whatever he was reading, maybe he was like that when it came to reading. “Is that book really interesting?” Russell try to start some kind of small talk with the older man but stayed in his muted concentrated state. Okay, now this was little weird... It seem he had no choice but to silently wait in the room for everyone else to arrive before attempt to make him speak. The redhead walked over to the wall lean against it as he waited in the quiet room.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

Say hello to Rascal, he is a naughty little Articuno but he wants to be a true adventurer one day. Feed him lots of spicy berries and help him grow big and stronger.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation
    Left and right for information

Mana Shizuko

"Hoo, boy, you missed out on a bit..." Sigmund said. "Clarise is pretty safe for now, though. They took her to the hospital - she's in a coma, but supposedly stable."

A coma? Mana frowned. Perhaps the Shadow had done some damage to Clarise after all. Was it apathy syndrome? No, it couldn't be. The others had saved her. Otherwise, it'd just be another loss… might as well be another death. He returned his focus to the present, seeing as Sigmund was still talking.

"I think I might visit after school..."

"I think I will too," Mana said quietly. "Or right now. I doubt I'd be able to get through a single class."

"As for our talk - figure you deserve to know - turns out Wulfgard might know something about how the Court works, maybe how to pull the plug. I dunno, he won't say anything 'till Court tonight. It was all awful cryptic, in any case."

Mana nodded, thanking Sigmund distractedly. Stop the Court? Well, that brought up more questions than answers. How the hell? Why did Wulfgard know? Why hadn't he done it yet? And - perhaps the most disturbing question - did Mana really want the Court to end?

People were dying, yeah. But people were dying anyway. Disease and war killed more people than the Court. Hell, the Court of Miracles had a lower death rate than the average stretch of highway. The Court was a way of life. Something secret. Something incredible. It was an adventure! It was exciting, like a movie or a video game. After hurling bolts of darkness and hunting demons, could he really go back to school? Could he really take a nine-to-five job filing paperwork, knowing that there was something dark out there?

The right thing to do was stop the Court. People were dying, people were getting caught up in the chaos. No one in their right mind would want it to keep going on. No one would want to let people die just for a bit of fun. Then, why the doubts?

"Rabbit hole's getting a bit deep for my taste, dontcha think, Alice?" Sigmund's light, uncertain joke pierced through Mana's thoughts. He glanced quickly over his shoulder, hand moving to his hip, where his dagger usually was. Alice!

Nothing. Of course it was nothing, it had just been a joke. Nevertheless, Mana's heart rate had jumped, and he slowly let out the breath he had sharply gasped in.

The red-haired boy looked back at Sigmund, putting a sheepish grin on his face. "I guess I'm still tired. A bit twitchy from spending every night with Shadows popping out from everywhere." He laughed weakly.

"The following students please report to Mr. Testa Jones' classroom -"

Mana ignored the intercom, as he often did. But the droning list of names was rather familiar. They called Sigmund, and Mana as well. In fact, the list of names contained all of the Persona-users. Thank god, they could move on.

"Huh. Whaddya think? 'He knows too much, men in black gotta disappear him' or 'I'm having an ice cream party with the kids that just happen to be demonslayers'?" Mana shrugged. "I doubt it really matters if he knows something odd's up or not. Maybe he'll stop assigning homework if he knows. If he doesn't know and this is just an ice cream social… I could use some ice cream."

Mana popped his head into Wulfgard's office, but the man had vanished. "Er, boss? Hello-o?" Mana sighed. He closed the door and began headnig towards Testa's classroom. "He heard the intercom, I guess. If Captain Katana wants to burst in and save us from Quartermana Jones, he can. So, you coming?"
    Friend Code: 0404-6904-4521
    Ghost Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb

Sigmund Okonkwo
    Bellow High Pharmacy [Thursday, Noon]

Mana snapped alert at the mention of his persona, and Sigmund was sure that he would have pulled a weapon if he had one. Sigmund instinctively balled his hands and just about hopped back, but it appeared to have been little more than a reflex, as Mana took just a second before he relaxed himself.

"I guess I'm still tired," Mana explained himself. "A bit twitchy from spending every night with Shadows popping out from everywhere." Sigmund nodded and released his fists. Everybody was on edge. They were tired, they had set themselves on trigger reflexes, and they still had to deal with the same everyday stuff as "normal" students in this school on top of that.

God, he wasn't even normal. That was a weird thought. It was true, of course, and he had been feeling this for some time, but it was another thing to acknowledge it. Come to think of it, he had hardly been keeping in touch with those outside of their "merry band of fighters." If and when the court ended, he was going to have a nasty time adjusting. Assuming he ever did. How was he supposed to go back to normal after something like the Shadows, anyway? He'd certainly never take a desk job after having to fight with the arcane for his very survival, face a literal personal demon...

"Yeah, last night was pretty brutal," he agreed simply but unsteadily, tugging slightly at his collar.

"The following students please report to Mr. Testa Jones' classroom -"

The announcement went on for some time. Sigmund didn't bother to catch most of the names, but he was pretty sure that they had just listed off everybody involved in the Court. He was definitely called out, though, and so was Mana. It was strange, though - he couldn't recall all of them having been called out at once during school hours before.

"Huh. Whaddya think? 'He knows too much, men in black gotta disappear him' or 'I'm having an ice cream party with the kids that just happen to be demonslayers'? I doubt it really matters if he knows something odd's up or not. Maybe he'll stop assigning homework if he knows. If he doesn't know and this is just an ice cream social… I could use some ice cream," Mana said, slipping off into only half-serious suggestions.

"Ice cream, a nap, anything," Sigmund agreed. "I wouldn't say no to dodging homework, at least. Seems a fair trade-off for a public service."

Mana checked the pharmacy again quickly for any stragglers before turning and heading off toward Mr. Jones' room, Sigmund keeping pace. As they walked, the upperclassman joked, "He heard the intercom, I guess. If Captain Katana wants to burst in and save us from Quartermana Jones, he can. So, you coming?"

Sigmund laughed almost inaudibly at the idea of Jones and Wulfgard fighting it out. Better yet, the idea of Jones somehow able to take down the dozen trained fighters he had called in. Jeez, they were getting to the point of casually tossing mortal punchlines around. And, for the most part, they were justified. This Court stuff was slowly but surely getting at them.

"Heh, don't worry, I've got this. I'm always armed," Sigmund declared, pounding one fist to his shoulder. "'Sides, where else am I gonna go, back to class? I'd just fall asleep at this rate."

It didn't take long to reach the classroom, but already some of the other had gathered by the time they arrived. One of the many advantages to their quick response time, he supposed. A quick sweep of the room showed that Wulfgard was definitely not here, and all of the other students were varying degrees of confused as to why they were there. Jones himself wasn't saying anything, instead having buried himself in a scarily-thick History book. Still, a few others had yet to arrive, so he gave the others a quick nod and a "yo" before plopping down on the surface of a second-row desk to wait.

OOC: Oh yay! I'm not too late to reply to VB's post! Haha, speaking of which, Lace must have had to reach up pretty high to place her hand on Halberd's shoulder. :P
    IC:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Bryan "Halberd" Donneley
    Bellow High Cafeteria

It had been a fairly stressful morning, given that today he had a paper due in English class and didn't have time to finish it, so he had to resort to meshing together website articles and changing random words in it for a submission. He really did not want to settle for plagiarism, but that damn Court of Miracles drained his energy every night, so that he had none left to work on such things. Nowadays he had to take naps in the afternoon to make up for a shorter amount of sleep after the Court ended. Heck, last night he only had time for math homework, and he fell asleep while working on it, something very rare for him.

But today he was actually looking forward to lunchtime. Why? Because Lace said she wanted to talk to him about something. She had already apologised for her behaviour in the court. In fact, the way in which she stated her apology surprised him. Up until now, Lace had come across as a bubbly and eccentric person who only says silly things that pop into her mind. But this time, she actually said something sincere to him. Something with real feeling. Whoa. That really did come as a shock. Unfortunately, before Halberd could reply to her, he walked right by Testa's homeroom and class started in one minute. Shame he wasn't in the same homeroom with her... or any classes, for that matter.

Unfortunately, Halberd's physics teacher made the class stay in five minutes after the bell rang because some idiot opened an exploding can of soda and the entire class had to clean it up. Thus he had to wait in the very back of the longest cafeteria line ever just to get his lunch. While waiting in line, Halberd scanned the area for Lace, eventually finding her at the very far end of the cafeteria looking for a seat. And he couldn't just leave his place in line to go over to her. What a bother...

Then, when the line was down to ten or so people in front of him, an announcement came, asking for a large group of students to report to Testa's classroom immediately. The students were... all of the Court attendees, including himself. And Lace too of course.

Looks like I'm skipping lunch today... Halberd thought as he left the line and waited by the door for Lace to come. A few students nearby made taunting "ooh" sounds at him, sneering at whatever sort of trouble he was in. Like most petty insults, Halberd just ignored them.

There was Lace. She dashed right past him with a burger stuffed inside her mouth and a slice of pizza in her hand, making a beeline for the meeting place. Halberd walked along after her, but didn't really feel like running. Running in the halls was discouraged anyway, he couldn't run as fast as Lace anyway, and he would be much easier to spot while running than Lace. Heck, he'd probably cause a small earthquake with every running step he took on those well-worn wooden floors, for all he knew.

But it wasn't too long before he reached the classroom he was just in this morning, sitting in a desk right next to Lace.

"Sorry I couldn't find you earlier," Halberd explained. "My physics teacher kept the whole class inside five minutes after the bell rang, so I was still in line when this announcement came. Ah well, it's not like I'll die if I skip one meal. So about what you said this morning... well, your apology is accepted. That was a very stressful Court--I mean, three Shadow selves?--and I know from experience that people can frequently end up saying things they don't mean when under a lot of stress. Honestly, I'm wondering how much longer my own composure in the Court will last. Probably until I'm up against my own Shadow self, it looks like..."

He paused for a moment. His own Shadow self? He never really wondered what his Shadow Self would be like. Apparently one's Shadow took one all the person's negative qualities... so maybe someone powerful and bossy and wielding a BFS? Or a gun? Well, for now he decided now was not the time to be worried about that, even if his Shadow Self happened to be the one that would appear in tonight's Court.

"Anyway," Halberd continued, "I'm curious as to what you wanted to tell me... but I don't know if now's the best time. I think Testa has something he wants to say to us... and I have a hunch that it's some sort of important information about the Court. Why else would he have summoned all of us Court-goers here?"

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Liza Monroe
    Testa Jones' Classroom
    12:00 PM- 11/1/11

Lunch had long ended by now. But Jones seemed to not have class this period, and everyone else in the room had the excuse of being called over the intercom to carry them through class. Liza was going to miss her first class of the day (Only going a half day and all), but she could live with that. Especially if Jones was going to talk about what she suspected.

When she had walked into the room, most of the group had already arrived. Randy and Izzy were in the front left row, chatting and speculating over the circumstances. Well, Randy was. Izzy was looking around, trying to find someone. Probably Miyuki. She hadn't arrived yet.
    So, taking her leave, she walked to the back right corner of the desks and took a seat there, away from most everyone else.

Ciara, Joshua, JP... some of them hadn't arrived yet, but Jones finally seemed like he had waited long enough. That's a lot more serious than one would think. Liza didn't know that Jones could get impatient. She could count the times she'd seen him without a smile on one hand. And those times he was just berating himself. But something felt different about him.
    He looked... competent. Dedicated to whatever he was scribbling down and taking notes for.

“Well... I guess this is all who's going to show up.” Jones finally accepted, walking over to the door and kicking it shut with gusto, not looking up from his little leather-bound book. The door rattled with the force of the blow.

Walking back to his black board, Jones finally set his object of focus down, and picked up a long wooden pointer in it's place. Walking over to the map he had pulled down over the chalkboard, he tugged on it's pully, and let it roll up with a quick flip and a metallic rattle. Underneath, there was several paragraphs of white words, written with clear penmanship. But three words in particular caught Liza's eye. On top of all else, as if it were the title, she read:

“Court of Miracles”

“At the beginning of this year, a boy went around spreading rumors of some kind of 'Court', telling everyone how wondrous things would happen at midnight. Luckily this bit of gossip never caught on, as I'm sure you're all happy about. The reason being, the very next day, the boy went missing, only to be found at home as the first recorded case of Apathy Syndrome in the city.” Testa began reciting, looking at his little book every once in a while to get his cues. Liza didn't bother speaking up. Not that that was out of the ordinary, but this was a special case. Testa knew something, and he was making a point.

“Not three days later Diego Vendrix, a Cafeteria worker, goes missing. Never to be found. Presumed dead. Apathy Syndrome still not considered a threat to everyday life. Cases to a minimum.”

Liza cringed at the mention of a death. She hadn't been around for that night, but from what she'd heard, it was a terrible experience for most if not all of the others.

“The next week, a student is found dead, seemingly electrocuted, but discovered on a wrecked motorbike. No explanation ever discovered. Apathy Syndrome cases increasing... still not considered a pandemic.”

Testa reached over and closed his little book, and stared at the room for a few seconds, eyes closed, as if composing himself. “These are a few notes I had taken throughout the past few months. Last night they were rendered useless as I was drug into something that I know all of you are familiar with. Something that I'm going to have to experience every night until it ends, or I die. It's the same fate all of you share.” Testa removed his glasses for a second, and focused on polishing them as the classroom absorbed what he had to say.

“My goal is simple children, and I'd like to discuss it with you. I want to know what the Court of Miracles is, why it exists, and how it operates. I want to know what a shadow is, and what their purposes are. And most of all, I want to know why we're all still alive.”

Testa took a deep breath, and opened his eyes to stare at his students. Liza didn't see Testa's eyes very often. When she did, they were usually filled with joy or sympathy. But right now, they were stoney. For just a moment, she believed all of the tall tales he'd spun in class... as if there'd been far more truth in them than she ever gave the forgetful professor credit for.

“So, would anyone like to speak first? Tell me what you know about the Court.”

Randy was the first to speak up. Of course. He had problems keeping his big mouth shut. He didn't seem too phased by the fact that Jones just admitted to knowing more about the Court than most of them in their first week.

“Well... don't the Shadows want to kill us? At least the ones that come from us directly... the Shadow Us-es... or whatever.”

“No, I don't think so.” Piped up Liza. She hadn't thought about it. She just said it. “Think about it. They can make giant panels of glass appear at will, chain us to walls without our knowledge or a chance to react, and appear with a mere thought and insult us. If they wanted to just kill us, they could do it without even showing their faces. There's more to it than that.”

Jones nodded, “Just what I was thinking. Perhaps there's more to the Court's name than we originally gave credit for.”

“Yeah, I guess there is.”

'That... wasn't the voice of anyone in the room.' Liza realized, upon hearing the words. 'That's... Wulfgard's voice'

Sure enough, leaning on the door frame, was Garret Wulfgard. A few crumbs were scattered down his black shirt. She guessed he'd kept to his threat of going to get lunch.

“And... I suppose there's a few things I should fill you in on.” He admitted, looking sheepishly in Liza's direction. She nodded with approval. Standing, she reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out a small notebook. The same she'd used back when she'd followed Randy that one Saturday. Taking it out, she walked over and pushed it into Wulfgard's hands.

“Here. Use this in case you forget something. Don't worry if something happens to it. I have copies.”

“Oh... good... yay.”

-

(OOC: So, there we go. Wulfgard has told everyone what Randy and Liza already know about his past. Including the fact that the Court happened before, and that they stopped it once. Feel free to ask him any questions. A few good ones might include “What happened to people who got apathy syndrome before?” or “Why didn't you say anything earlier you big piece of sh-”... you know, things like that.)
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

Sofiya Mikailovna Igantova
    Testa Jones' Classroom
    Afternoon

Sofiya sat in the row next to the windows nervously, her gaze never meeting any of her fellow students’. She didn’t know why they were all summoned here, but the timing couldn’t have been worse. Just when she was trying to avoid everyone she got locked inside a classroom with them. JP wasn't here either, so she couldn't even go talk to him now. If only she had known how to turn invisible…

She let out a sigh, only to perk up the very next second. Wait a minute… she knew how to turn invisible! People couldn’t see you if you couldn’t see them, right? So all she had to do was hide her head, and then nobody would realize she was there. Bunnies did it all the time!

So while everyone else was nervously waiting for Mr. Jones to say what he had to say, Sofiya was busy emptying the insides of her schoolbag to make it more head-friendly. She didn’t get too far in that though, when the classroom’s door was suddenly slammed shut and she almost dropped her pencilcase in surprise. A single glance at Jones told her something was wrong. He seemed impatient and somehow… on edge?

The entire room fell silent as Jones walked back to his position in front of the classroom, and Sofiya forgot all about her hiding plans the second she caught the words on the chalkboard. Above all the white text, written so clearly there could be no mistaking it, sat the words:

“Court of Miracles”

Sofiya’s eyes widened. Wha- what was that? How did he know?

As he went on, it turned out he had pieced things together himself.

But no, Sofiya found herself thinking midway through, her fists clenched. That still didn’t mean he knew anything. All he was spouting were cold hard facts. He didn’t know. He had no idea. The fact that he could speak of the deaths they had had to experience so calmly… it meant he didn’t know anything! He hadn’t been there, and he hadn’t heard the screams. How could he… how could he be so cold?

Jones informed them that he had been drug into Court last night as well, and that made Sofiya’s eyes widened once more. It also made her calm down a bit. So he was there too? Why didn’t they see him? Did he have a Persona? Could he have helped…?

“My goal is simple children, and I'd like to discuss it with you. I want to know what the Court of Miracles is, why it exists, and how it operates. I want to know what a shadow is, and what their purposes are. And most of all, I want to know why we're all still alive.”

Sofiya lowered her gaze. They didn’t have any answers like that.

“Well... don't the Shadows want to kill us? At least the ones that come from us directly... the Shadow Us-es... or whatever,” Randy piped up just then, only to have Liza speak up against him the very same second.

“No, I don't think so.” She said. “Think about it. They can make giant panels of glass appear at will, chain us to walls without our knowledge or a chance to react, and appear with a mere thought and insult us. If they wanted to just kill us, they could do it without even showing their faces. There's more to it than that.”

Sofiya found herself agreeing. Shadow Sigmund… it could have blown all of them up where they stood, or it could have changed the rules of the game midway through, but it didn’t. It had told them that they needed to get through the maze, and when they had, they had survived. The bomb wasn’t in Clarise, because if it had been, getting out of the maze wouldn’t have been enough. They would have still lost lives. Shadow JP, too, hadn’t it killed itself? JP was trapped inside a cage with it, with nobody able to do anything. At first glance it might’ve looked like the Shadow Selves were setting up all the traps and conditions just to play cruel games with them, but what if that wasn’t the case? What if all they wanted was just to… to test them? To teach them. Shadow JP had taught that every action had a consequence, and Shadow Sigmund that killing your friend was wrong, no matter what.

So could that mean…

The Shadow Selves were actually the good guys!

Sofiya gasped at her genius realization. Yes, they were good people, just like them. Just a bit different and weird, but, but it never did any good to judge a book by its cover! Maybe if they just had a talk with one of the Shadows, they wouldn’t be so bad? Cottonboo had been a good bear too. But wait, if the Shadow Selves were good, did that make them bad? Were they actually the bad guys? She didn’t want to be a bad guy, those always died in the end in stories! And they had stupid laughs and stupid costumes, and-

Sofiya’s inner ramblings came to an inevitable halt when Wolfbar walked inside the room and started an explanation that effectively silenced the room once more.

~

Once he had finished, it took a while until everything sunk in for the class. It would have taken quite a long time for an average person to process all the information at once and so for Sofiya it took about twice as long, and the entire time she was twisting her face in strange expressions to try and get everything inside her mind in gear.

So…

So, Wolfy was in a similar situation many years ago? He… his friend betrayed him, and… and everyone just…

“Died…” Sofiya muttered to herself silently. They had already lost a few lives as well and… and last night they had almost lost another. Almost killed her by their own hands. What if… what if something similar would happen to them in the end? What if someone betrayed them, and-

Sofiya slapped her hands on her cheeks.

No, stupid! None of us would ever do that, definitely not!

She enjoyed killed Shadows, she admitted, and she would probably be a bit down when the Court ended – if it ended. But she would never, ever hurt anyone to try and keep it running. … Right? She couldn’t do that, right? She had gotten mad at everyone last night. What if she turned out like… like Wolfy’s friend…

Sofiya shook her head. They had to get rid of the Court. Last time, blowing up the school had helped, right? But… but if t had destroyed the Court back then, why did it return? Should they blow up the school again? What if that only postponed the problem? What if that was just… pushing the responsibility on someone else? Even more people would die, and get Apathy Syndrome, and –

Wait-!

Sofiya snapped her gaze at Wulfgard and stood up with a rattle, hands on her table. “Se-sensei!” She shouted, almost choking on the urgency of her words. “What – what happened to the previous Apathy Syndrome patients? Will Theresa and Clarise be alright?! They will, right?”
    Last edited by GoldenHouou; 13th September 2012 at 10:14 AM.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Even though I do bad things
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | Boktai |

Snow
    Mr. Jones' classroom

As it turned out, Mr. Jones had gotten drawn into the Court of Miracles too. This had changed him, as he was noticeably more serious than he usually was in class. He had been taking notes on it too, even before he had stumbled into the Court. He knew about the deaths, had been keeping track of Apathy Syndrome cases. Now that he had seen the supernatural side of things, he wanted to know from them what they had witnessed.

Of course, there wasn't much they knew. Even Randy and Liza had differing views on what the Shadows were after. It was a hard thing to judge. They were after something; some showed few emotions like Shadow Miyuki and Shadow Liza, while others were complex, like Shadow Ciara. They were like the person they mimicked, but in a way that exaggerated the worst parts of a person's personality.

Snow would have said something to that effect, but then Wulfgard came in and began to tell his story. Or maybe re-tell it, in more detail then he had at first. They had gone through much of the same ordeal, but then decided to end the Court by blowing up the school. But then, Wulfgard's friend betrayed them all, leading to the deaths of all but himself. It was horribly tragic, although it reconfirmed to Snow that everyone had some tragedy in their life, but one could never know about it until the other spoke.

“Um, I think that the school is central to the Court of Miracles,” Snow said after Wulfgard was done. “It's in the center of the area affected by the Court, and rebuilding this place brought it back...”

“Se-sensei!” Sofiya shouted, hitting her hands on the table as she stood up. It startled him. “What – what happened to the previous Apathy Syndrome patients? Will Theresa and Clarise be alright?! They will, right?”

As that was important to be answered, Snow waited for that question to be answered. Then he went on with his thoughts. “Well about the school, what is inside of it during the Court? It would be important and the way to end things could be located in here. Randy said that there were bigger Shadow monsters inside, but maybe we should start sending small scout groups inside during the Court to investigate. The rest of us can deal with what appears outside, and with the walkie-talkies that Izzy modified, the groups should be able to keep in contact with each other, and those outside can warn those inside when they need to head back out. That is, if they need to get out.”

Sigmund Okonkwo
    Mr. Jones' Classroom [Thursday, Noon]

The lunch period had officially ended by the time the last few Courtiers1 arrived. Not that it particularly mattered to Sigmund whether he was missing the meal - now he just had an excuse to dodge class for however long this was supposed to take. Jones seemed ready to get on with his spiel, anyway, as there were still a couple of them missing when he gave up, addressed the group, and slammed the door shut, not even looking up from his book. Now there's a man with dedication, Sigmund thought.

His first order of business was to turn attention from his text to a subject scrawled across the board but previously hidden under a world map: Court of Miracles

There had been little doubt about the subject of this meeting, though he was still a bit lost on how Mr. Jones had come to be involved. Regardless, he seemed to be thoroughly knowledgeable on the subject2. He gave them all a run-down which everyone knew by heart already, including cases in particular that forced Sigmund to shift uncomfortably in his seat. Eventually he got to the point, that he had just last night experienced the Court and wished to dig at its roots. Well, that explained that, at least.

A few students spoke up in response to his call for information, though little could be said that Testa hadn't already discovered for himself. All that came up was a theory, albeit one Sigmund hadn't even considered: That the more intelligent shadows didn't seem to particularly want them dead. Just... suffering. But wasn't that the nature of evil spirits, anyway? What more was there to it? Something about the name of the Court, someone suggested.

As if on-cue, Wulfgard appeared from the door, looking untidy and piping up to confirm their suspicions. Immediately, Liza's gaze went to him like a hawk - not missing a beat from the conversation earlier, she practically forced him into telling them what he knew. Scary, that one.

From there, Wulfgard spun the group a story. He told them about how the court had happened before. About how he had already fought the Shadows as part of a team, and of how that team fell apart in the end. But not before they figured out the source of their problems. The school had been like a nest, their breeding ground. So the group had taken the most obvious solution - they just destroyed the entire thing. Enough explosives, and all of their troubles had been snuffed - it sounded like it could have gone entirely smoothly, too. Only one thing had deeply unsettled him - how just one member of the team had lost his marbles in the heat of the moment, causing a fatal dent in the plan. It didn't even sound like there had been much of a lead-up. Just one slip, letting the Court get to his head.

That was all it took.

Sigmund bit at his thumb. Their group was strained from the entire thing, but nobody was on the verge of snapping, and surely nobody was relishing in it enough to want to preserve it. Not with two of their friends dead and another two in the hospital. But now, knowing what the Court had done to others in the past, how could be sure where everyone might stand in the end? Hell, JP had been ready to draw his weapon on the rest of them last night, and that was without a perter-natural threat breathing down his neck. Even he had found the Court a satisfying thrill in a perverse way. But at least he was pretty sure that he wanted to end it rather than keep going - that's why he had approached Wulfgard.

Pretty sure.

Wulfgard opened the floor to questions, and boy, did Sigmund have them. Sofiya opened up with the most obvious one - what had happened to previous Apathy Syndrome victims. Obviously Wulfgard still thought, there was some hope for them if they had been sent to a hospital, but what was really going to happen to them? As soon as Wulfgard had covered that answer, Snow caught him with idea about exploring the school, gathering information. That was fine and all, but it seemed kind of roundabout. A direct approach might be more prudent.

"So, why didn't we just destroy the school from the get-go, or start attacking it already?" Sigmund asked. "We could be halfway to stopping this by now!" Of course, he wanted to demand something more along the lines of "why didn't you tell us this from the get-go," as much as it seemed like an antagonistic thing to ask. Wulfgard had his right to privacy, sure, but this was about the public's safety, and their own. There was no way that keeping them in the dark had helped anyone for the past two months.

1Sigmund still considered it to be one of the group's shortcomings that they didn't have a proper name for themselves.
    2Which was less than surprising considering that Mr. Jones was a historian by trade.

Lace Condor
    Mr. Jones' Classroom

A flock of tiny meatballs flew into a trash bin a little ways from Lace's desk. She watched each one fall in the basket, daring any of them to step out of line and speak up about their mistreatment. Her pizza, no more than the crust and a corner of cheese clinging to the bread, flopped on her table while Lace tried to wipe the sauce off her cheek.

"Sorry I couldn't find you earlier," Halberd said. Lace jumped an inch off her desk. "My physics teacher kept the whole class inside five minutes after the bell rang, so I was still in line when this announcement came." Lace stared at with and without looking away she felt around her desk for a napkin. She tried hard not to blink. "So about what you said this morning... well, your apology is accepted." Lace's eyes died down and she smiled. Lace cleaned off her hands before leaning in his direction to let him finish. Mr. Jones would bring everyone to attention soon and she wanted to get as much time to relax with Halberd as she could. The Court wasn't that stressful to her, she felt her strength grow all the time, but thinking about it every day did impact her mood a little.

"You shouldn't worry about it so much. We'll be going through this thing every night, right? Thinking about what your own Shadow's gonna look like," Lace let out a big yawn and ruffled her hair. "Sorry, didn't exactly get a lot of sleep last night," she said, adjusting her seat to face Halberd.

"Anyway," Halberd continued, "I'm curious as to what you wanted to tell me... but I don't know if now's the best time." Lace cursed under her breath and glanced over at Mr. Jones' desk. They'd never get a day off from this.

"You're right, but, I just wish we could take it easy for a bit, you know? Leave these Shadows and all that other crap somewhere else; just disappear for a good month." Lace let out a sigh and sat her head down on her desk under her folded arms. "How about after class then?" she peeked out at Halberd. "It's nothing serious, like whatever this dude's about to say," she nodded over at Mr. Jones' and tried her best to fall asleep.

A minute later she wrestled herself back after Mr. Jones' started on his speech. Rubbing her eyes, "what'd he kick the door like that for?" Court of Miracles was written on the board and after gazing at with half-open eyes and drool, she plopped her head back down and waved over her head. It was hard to be surprised anymore. She rode a grizzly bear, skated out of a mirror maze with flaming shoes, and jumped off a four-story building with a big fluffy fox to catch her fall. So Mr. Jones is a Persona user? Is today his special day? Well, my favorite color's red, my leg's sprained, and I like bananas on my cereal. Lace groaned and leaned back in her chair with her eyes still closed and thrust her hands in the air, leaving them hanging for a moment. See? Now it's my special day.

We wake up in the morning and go to school. What's the first thing we hear about? Court. We leave back to the dorms to relax for the night and what's coming' in the next couple hours? What's just around the corner? Court. Now we even get to talk about it in class with our friends!

Mr. Jones' opened up a Q&A session about the Court and after listening to the others, Lace, who had the most interest in Snow and Sigmund's asking how all this could end, looked at Mr. Jones. She waved her hand in the air as high as she could and when things went quiet, she went on.

"This isn't really a question about the Court, Shadows, or anything like that." Lace rubbed her neck and glanced at the door. "We've been doing' this for how many months now? We wake up, go to school, beat some shadows. sleep, and do it all over again. We are down four people since this whole thing started. Four." Lace turned to Wulfgard. "What was your game plan after Kent died? Terry?" Lace looked up and placed her chin in her hand trying her best to look thoughtful. "Hmm, I don't know. We'll let two, no, three's a good number. We'll let three more of our students die before we open our big mouth about what's really going on. I know if you would've told us what you knew about all this from the get-go we'd be halfway through this crap already! I want to why you waited so damn long."
    Last edited by Vivian_Bloom; 15th September 2012 at 10:55 PM.
    On Army-Training Leave:

I'll be gone from Serebii/Internet from Sept 10th - Dec 15/16th. If you want to contact me, send a PM by the first of September. Coolio!

<//JP- Lovers Arcana//3
    <//Bellow High Dormitory, just past midnight //3

And here it was happening all over again.

As Clarise’s stretcher was rolled onto the ambulance, JP was doing his best not to do something foolish. He wrapped his hands on a metal rail with such strength he was amazed he didn’t just crush it; it was all he could do, really: a literal attempt to keep his grip on reality.

He’d ran away, last time. He thought this would help prevent more tragedies; he didn’t trust himself to keep his comrades safe. He much sooner saw himself being the reason for their doom than any kind of help, just like it had been with Terry. And it was all going so well... Two whole months without any incidents, he was almost sure he’d done the right thing.

This was such a painful wake up call...

His absence hadn’t done anything to change this. He now saw how foolish and naive he was being: just a big kid throwing a tantrum and running away from responsibility. It was about time he’d faced himself... and, most importantly, the harsh judgment of the others and reunited with them.

He was so afraid of that; the looks he’d get from them all, the constant reminder of his weakness and arrogance and selfishness. But, God damn it! That was not the JP everyone knew! That was not his true self! That was just a bad reflection his Shadow had cast; a reflection that still echoed even after two months.

‘It’s about fucking time to man up!’

It was about time he got back with the group.

<//JP- Lovers Arcana//3
    <//Bellow High WC //3

Few things are more satisfying then that moment of complete and utter relief stemming from an emptying bladder. For a moment, all your worries are washed away as the one problem you face gets solved in a wave of relief.

Few things are as disappointing as that moment when your fears come crawling back, infecting a mind just recently emptied of negative thought. Momentary bliss proven irrelevant in an –oh so hurtful fashion it was ridiculous.

Crushed satisfaction made even worse by the echoing voice of Jones asking for JP to present himself at the faculty office just as he exited the bathroom.

He’d already forgotten his little meet up with Jones. What with the whole Clarise thing and his mind being too busy gathering the courage needed to address the others and ask them to come back, he’d had his head full.

But this just made things worse! Jones remembered? That meant he was officially a fellow court goer! JONES! And what would he ask JP about? What did he know?

Most newcomers, even the temporary fellows pulled in for a night or two, had been so distraught with the sheer sanity-defying aspect of the Court they usually went into denial or withdrawal. Jones instead went all pro-active and sought the one he’d met at the court... which was actually kind of smart of him.

BUT STILL!
    Wulfgard’s one thing. He’s a badass katana wielding veteran. Jones is... a history teacher with a wild imagination and not so great storytelling capabilities.

The boy was sort of nervous, as he didn’t know what to expect at all. He took his sweet time reaching the faculty office, so much so in fact that, just as he was reaching the door handle, the intercom rang again.

This time calling to all the court goers.

It was all too much. JP was definitely out of the loop about something. What did Jones know? Had he been in the court before? His reaction was sort of ambiguous, now that he thought about it, but... How did he know every single one of the court goers?

Besides, JP wasn’t ready to meet the entire group yet. This was far too soon. He’d been planning of showing up in a Big Damn Heroes moment where he saved some damsel from distress or took out four or five powerful Shadows by himself. He did NOT feel ready for a group meeting, at all.

So, he did the reasonable thing, being the boy he was. He ran to the nearest bathroom, escaped through the window (most likely breaking the hinges, but it’s not like this school had a tough time paying for window repairs) and hid just outside the faculty office’s window, where he heard the entire meeting, from beginning to end.

He thought he’d just listen for now. He wasn’t ready to meet up with everyone yet, but... When Sofiya asked about Clarise and Terry, and whether or not they would get better, he...

Well, he kinda forced open the window and climbed inside the faculty office.

“Yo.”

Garret Wulfgard
    Mr. Jones' Classroom, Bellow High

Their questions were as he expected. Unlike when he'd told the story to just one person, he'd gotten extremely nervous this time. It was bad enough having to let one person know you were keeping information from them... but a group of more than a dozen staring at you the whole time, ready to pounce as soon as you finished? Terrifying.

Either way, he finished... and got straight to the part he was dreading.
    Sofiya asked what happened to those affected with Apathy Syndrome with the Court ended for the first time.

“They gradually woke up. People who had it longer took a few weeks to snap out of it, while a couple of the newer victims snapped back right away. They didn't remember anything about the Court or where they got sick. No adverse affects, mental ones at least, were discovered. They returned to their daily lives soon after.”

The next ones are the ones that hurt. Snow asked why they didn't scout inside the Court, Sigmund asked why they hadn't already ran in and started trying to blow it up, and Lace (LACE of all people) seemed the most upset, making him feel all the worse. She was right... he should have told them...

“I'm sorry... but... I couldn't risk it. I have no idea what's in there. I've never gone in, myself. All I know is that three people who were far more skilled than I ever was and honestly more powerful than any of you, went in and never got out. One of you already attempted it, and barely survived walking a few feet in. If I were to have told you this any earlier, who's to say that any of you would stay away? I guess I just wanted to wait until I thought you could handle it... and didn't do anything reckless.”

Almost simultaneously, not only did someone atempt clinbing in the window to Jones' room, but the door to the hallway began to swing open as well. Jones jumped back and pulled the map down over his writing on the board.
    The threat from the window turned out to be safe. It was JP.
    “Yo.” He said, not noticing the second intruder staring at him.

From the door stood the student council president (Shinai Haitani, he believed), closely followed by a girl that Wulfgard didn't recognize. Brown hair seemed normal enough, and she was just a bit shorter than Shinai (nearly the same height really). But over her right eye, a large gauze patch was taped to her, a bit of blood having seeped onto it. Besides this injury, she seemed a bit gaunt, as if she hadn't eaten in weeks.

Shinai took a long look at JP crawling through the window before speaking.
    “Mister... JP was it? I'm sure you know that the misuse of school property is strictly prohibited. I'm afraid I'm going to have to write you up.” With a smile he continued “, after all, 'no mercy' remember? Either way, I'm disappointed that you didn't come to the Student Council room when called. But...”

Pausing for a second, he took a look around the room, getting a good look at each of the students. Wulfgard was unsettled... but it was Shinai's job to look after the students. And he looked better prepared for it than he had since the beginning of the year. After winning the election, he'd really seemed to have let himself go. But he looked much cleaner and fit than he had in months. His hair was nicely combed, and not greasy, his uniform seemed to be washed and pressed, and he held himself up with pride. Wulfgard was proud of him for pulling his act together.

“But I think I've found out what I needed from you anyway.” He finished, flashing a glance back at JP. “Anyway, to business. Excuse my interruption, Mr. Jones, but I've been instructed to introduce a new student to you.” Shinai announced, taking a step to the side, and letting the girl come into full view. Wulfgard took another good look at her... he could have sworn that he'd seen her somewhere before... but it must have been a long time ago. Or he was just nuts.

“This is Amissa. She's recently moved here, and will be in your homeroom.”

The girl walked a few steps forward and held her hand towards Jones.

“H-hello.” She stammered, as if she weren't used to the word. She looked back at Shinai, apparently nervous about the situation, but he simply nodded. Turning back, she watched as Jones leaned over his desk and grabbed her hand, smiling and eyes closed.

“Pleasure's all mine Amissa. I'll be glad to help you out as soon as I'm done with my meeting here, if that's alright with you.”

“It's fine, Mr. Jones, I was going to bring her to her next class now anyway. As for this meeting...” Shinai began, trailing off and taking a good look at the students once more. “... Am I right in assuming that you're preparing something for the Fall Festival?”

Jones looked a bit shocked at the suggestion, but none the less jumped on the excuse. “Yes. Yes of course! That's exactly right!”

“Of course... of course.” Shinai replied, a wry smile spreading over his face. If Wulfgard knew any better, he'd probably have thought that Shinai knew that it was a lie. “Well then, don't let me keep you. Good bye, Mr. Jones.”

And with that, Shinai, closely followed by Amissa, left the room with only the Court goers, once again.
    WARNING!

<//JP- Lovers Arcana//3
    <//Faculty Office//3

He’d avoid eye contact, look directly at Wulfgard and speak clearly. He’d cut short any attempts to get him to speak about his absence and avoid being backed up against the wall. That was the plan. Be casual.

“Yo.”

Avoid eye contact.
    Look at the door.
    Shinai’s at the door.

F-CKING HELL!

“Mister... JP was it?”
    behind the pleasentries, all JP heard was a condescending bastard.
    “ I'm sure you know that the misuse of school property is strictly prohibited. I'm afraid I'm going to have to write you up.”
    The bastard smiled
    “, after all, 'no mercy' remember? Either way, I'm disappointed that you didn't come to the Student Council room when called. But...”
    “YOU!”
    JP jumped from the window still. He wanted to accuse him, to out him as a court goer in front of everyone but… His eyes were drawn to the attractive girl he was with. She seemed so… nice and vulnerable. What was she doing with a guy like Shinai? She had this sweet, innocent look about her, and looking at the little patch over her right eye sent JP’s overprotective BE A MAN instincts back online for the first time since the incident with Terri.

The presence of the little girl effectively stopped him from talking about the Court. And Shinai probably knew it, too.

“Tsk.” JP looked away from Shinai, frustration present on his face. “Don’t get your panties in a bunch.”

“But I think I've found out what I needed from you anyway.”
    He ended that sentence with a quick glance in JP’s direction… and it didn’t take long for the boy to put two and two together.

Shinai had been unaware of anyone else’s presence in the Court. He’d made it perfectly clear, during his mad murmurs, that JP being in the court wasn’t part of his plans, and he seemed to have been able to figure out that if both of them were in the court, there most likely were others.

And now he knew who they were.

It killed him, really. Knowing full well what Shinai was up to, yet having to shut up and let things unfold until Shinai left. Those were probably the two things JP was worst at: shutting up and being a passive little *****. So, naturally, when Shinai finally left the room, JP let out all the frustration he’d been coiling up release in one single sentence:

“THAT UGLY SUNOVA*****!”

It quickly dawned on him that he’d just cursed in the same room his homeroom teacher was in, but to be honest, he still didn’t regret shouting it.

“Sorry about that,” he apologized as he regained his composure.
    “So, in case everyone here is as dense as a brick, Shinai knows what we’re up to. I should know, he beat me up in the hospital last court. Also, he stole away with a handful of bloodpacks. I suspect he’s a vampire, but I’ve never seen proof of their existence until now. Or is there something else you’ve been keeping from us…”

He walked back to the window he came through and leaned on it.
    “…Sensei?” he said looking directly at Wulfgard.
    Last edited by niedude; 18th September 2012 at 5:35 PM.

Snow Fields
    Mr. Jones' classroom

It was too dangerous. Which only made sense, given how Randy had been out for a while from his investigation. But then, he had gone in alone, and going anywhere alone in the Court of Miracles was sure to cause trouble. Before Snow could speak up again, or even get really angry over it, the meeting was disrupted by two things: JP coming in through the window (and seeming a bit off) and the student council president coming in to introduce a student who was transferring into Mr. Jones’ classroom. It was a slight wonder that he missed looking at the chalkboard, where Mr. Jones still had ‘Court of Miracles’ written (but then, Jones was known as eccentric, so it might pass without notice). At any rate, the new student didn’t seem terribly important to the matter at hand.

Then again, the disruptions gave him an extra minute to consider what he was thinking. He hadn’t been around many others for most of his life, but he still knew how important cooperation was. In fact, his mother sometimes told him that she thought going solo with music would be less stressful than working with a publicity team, but that she didn’t get to fully enjoy it until she brought Snow and his father into the process. Although the circumstances were much different, the same principle should work here.

Once Shinai and Amissa were gone, JP cursed loudly, an odd reaction to a rather normal event. Then he apologized, afterwards saying that Shinai was involved in the Court too, having bested JP in combat (which, although Snow hadn't seen JP in the Court for weeks, was still impressive) and stolen blood. It was weird and caused a rather heavy moment of silence in the classroom. But then a lot of things about the Court of Miracles were weird by the standards of the normal world.

“I thought vampires were impossible due to the way blood coagulated,” Snow said. “At least, that's what my Dad told me. But there is a lot of unusual things that happen at that time.”
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 23rd September 2012 at 2:14 AM.

Halberd
    Testa Jones' Classroom

Halberd had listened attentively to everything that had been said thus far. Especially the bit about stuff inside the school. The Court ended last time when the school was blown up... and when it was rebuilt, it happened again. This got him thinking... was there some item or infrastructure inside the school that was specifically responsible for the appearance of the Court of Miracles? Well, even if they did find out what that item was, going in there would certainly not be an easy task, as Wulfgard-sensei pointed out. There were probably really powerful Shadows in there. And then there was the possibility of someone betraying them too this time around...

And then JP and Shinai burst in. With Shinai was a girl who looked like she had been pecked in the eye by a bird and had most of her guts sucked out. Amissa was her name, a quite unusual name. Kind of sounded like the word "amiss". Something did seem amiss about her. She was definitely not the type of girl he would have expected Shinai to associate with. Shinai had always struck Halberd as stuck-up, important, selfish, interested in class and formalities.

Things got even weirder when JP mentioned Shinai having stolen blood bags from the hospital. Why would he do such a thing? Shinai certainly didn't look like he could be a vampire... and vampires didn't really exist in real life anyway. Unless maybe Shinai somehow was able to become one during the Court... no, that was impossible. Nobody else underwent any kind of transformation upon entering the Court, besides gaining the ability to summon their Persona. What in the world was Shinai using those blood bags for? And this had all happened last night, while everyone else was fighting those three Shadow Selves...

So many things to comment on... Halberd didn't quite know where to start. He thought about it for a long while, while Snow was asking another question, and finally decided to speak up afterward.

"I highly doubt Shinai is a vampire," he commented. "He doesn't look part-dead, he doesn't seem to have a problem with sunlight... and vampires haven't exactly been proven to exist in the real world anyway. It's highly unlikely that he would've transformed into one in the Court of Miracles either, as none of us transformed in any way, besides being able to summon our Personas. There does seem to be something amiss about Amissa though. Something just doesn't seem right about her, doesn't it? I can't help but wonder if she has some sort of connection to the blood bags Shinai took from the hospital last night. Maybe she has anemia, and needed them to recover or something."

He wasn't going anywhere with this, wasn't he?

"But anyway, she's probably not going to be important," Halberd continued, "unless she appears in the Court. Another thing I will add is on a different note--in regards to the school. Clearly there must be something in the school that triggers the Court to appear every night. It's dangerous to investigate it during the Court, but why not outside the Court? Maybe if we look around the school in real-world time, we might find something that could be related to the Court."

He liked the sound of that idea even more when he said it aloud.

"And finally, I'm curious about what role our Personas have in the Court. And also the Jester that appeared a couple of times." A pause, during which Testa seemed confused. "During a couple of the Courts, there was this jester that appeared, apparently wanting to toy with us. Wulfgard-sensei, have you seen this Jester during the old Court of Miracles? But anyway, back to the Personas. They represent the Major Arcana of the Tarot, it seems, meaning there must be 22 of them. I keep thinking whether all 22 of these Arcana have to somehow unite and take down the Court for good."

Halberd didn't have anything else to say after that, but he was still lost in thought. Lace had mentioned earlier about wanting to take a break from the Court, and that sounded like a really good idea. However, was that even an option, and was it even the best idea? As he saw it, he wanted the group to really get moving in their efforts to take down the Court, to get it over with so that it wouldn't be this shadow looming over everyone's heads anymore. He knew that if he were to take a break from the Court, it would still be the primary thing on his mind.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Lace Condor

Bellow High - Mr. Jones' Class

It didn't sound like Wulfgard had a lot of faith at all in the group's abilities. Whatever was inside the school during the Court must be extremely powerful if he didn't even bring up the idea of investigating it. They'd been training for months now, but if they're still this weak then their game plan had to change.

Lace wrapped up her trash and tossed it in the trash. Still taking in Wulfgard's explanation she relaxed back into her seat, brushing off her shirt until he finished. Lace gave him a slow nod and turned her eyes to Jones. She understood why Wulfgard didn't want them to go deeper into the school, and hated him for holding back for so long. Still lazily looking around the room she spoke up. "Hey, I didn't mean to snap at you like that or anything," Lace waved her hands around her. "You still got us, chief, and, well at least we know a little bit more about our situation. A lot more than before anyway." Her face brightened up a bit with sad tension of the group gone.

"Yo." There was a boy halfway through the window that Lace hadn't seen in a while.

"JP?" she leaned forward and squinted her eyes at him less than ten feet away. She didn't forget him, but after that accident with Terry he just disappeared. "You missed everything dude! How've you been?" Either JP didn't hear her or he just didn't care, seeing him look all around the room avoiding eye contact. Lace continued staring at him and was almost out her seat when Shinai entered the room.

Okay, JP, that's cool. You've been out of the game for a while. If this is how you get over it then I understand.

Shinai wasn't someone Lace ever paid any kind of attention to. He was always just there. Yeah, he still gives off that same creepy vibe she always got whenever he walked in, but the guy's just being who he is. A little behind him, Lace peeked around and spotted a new face. Amissa. She was pretty cute, and Lace shook with excitement at having another girl join their team. She's gotta have some kind of power! They wouldn't just bring her in our first Persona club, team, group meet-up for nothin', right?

She could tell Amissa was a little nervous with it being her first time here. "H-Hello," she introduced herself to Wulfgard and slunk back to Shinai. Lace swallowed at the thought of having to get past that slimy Shinai to get to know Amissa more, but whom else but her? This is the best club in the school, and a tour around the town, hit all the sweet and lunch spots, she'll love it here! Lace had a small line of drool pooling on her desk with all sorts of scenarios with Amissa around town running through her head. Staring dead at her desk, the zombie woke up at the mention of a festival for the school.

"Fall festival?" she mumbled to herself, wiping the drool off her face. She'd never been to a festival before, but there had to be games and stands there. It's like a carnival just for the school! Who cares if it's November! She'd be dressed in her summer clothes with cotton candy in one hand and a jumbo-sized lollipop in the other, riding in the wave pool with all her classmates. The teachers had their tents and booths set and they were all dressed up as clowns, turkeys, ducks, and baby chicks. Even Lizz would be there, cold and stoic as ever, serving meat and juice with Wulfgard in matching bunny tuxedos. It'd be so much fun. Lace blinked furiously and shot her eyes around the room with a new determination.

She held her breath as she stared at Snow and Halberd, begging them to move on.

Did they hear what he said? What're they even talking about?

"I highly doubt Shinai's a vampire." Hurry up!

"I thought vampires were impossible due to the way their blood coagulated." W-What does that even mean?!

Lace was rocking side-to-side in her seat and stopped herself from falling as she waited for a quiet spot in their conversation. Our first break! She squeezed her fists and gave it a few more seconds to make sure they were through when she slowly raised her hand at Wulfgard.

"Hey, chief. What're we doing for the festival?" she started. "Do we get to dress up like its Halloween again and serve refreshments?" Inching up she gripped her seat. "This'll be the first time we all get to do something together that's not about shadows!" Lace took a quick breath and gave a quick glance to Jones. "I know this might be a last minute thing, but, if it's cool with everyone, can we make a name for our club? We can vote on it."
    Last edited by Vivian_Bloom; 27th September 2012 at 9:58 PM.
    On Army-Training Leave:

Sigmund Okonkwo
    Mr. Jones' Classroom [Thursday, Noon]

Despite being confronted with a torrent of half a dozen rapid-fire questions, some closer to attacks, Wulfgard stood his ground, asserting that everyone who had contracted Apathy Syndrome had returned to normal in short order the last time the court had ended. But the only excuse he could come up with for ignoring the source of the problem was that he "couldn't risk it," and that he had no idea what was actually inside the school, just that it had nobody had returned last time. But now they had the advantage in numbers! And besides, they didn't have to break down the front door to rig the school with bombs. Plant one during the day, or nuke it from the outside, or...

...well, he had probably thought of those already, anyway, if he was already treading this carefully about the subject. It was best to leave that sort of planning to people with the mind for it. Besides, this wasn't even really a strategy meeting. More of a chance for everyone to fill each other in.

Just as Wulfgard was finishing up his defense, people entered the room from two ends1. Dropping in through the window, standing there as if he hadn't missed a beat of anything, was an old ally nobody had hardly seen for more than in passing for the last couple of months. A solid sparring partner, and a considerable force against the shadows - JP. If he cared a bit more or the situation in which they were involved hadn't just become deeper, Sigmund might want to know exactly why he had dropped off the map. Right now, it was just good to have another hand around for... whatever this might escalate into.

The other entrant was much more severe-looking, as though he had caught the everyone in the room red-handed for some unknown. Had his timing been about fifteen seconds different, that description might not be far off. Their stick-in-the-mud of a student council president was now standing in the doorway of a meeting regarding the occult, trailed today by a skeleton of a girl whom Sigmund couldn't place despite her having an eyepatch to distinguish her. Eh, it was a big school - couldn't catch 'em all. She hardly budged an inch during the entire time it took to chew out JP, make a couple of vague, lording statements at those present, and introduce the girl as "Amissa." Definitely someone new, then.

With a knowing smile, he made a final, quick pass at the teachers, mentioning he took this as a meeting in preparation for the upcoming Fall Festival. Having apparently controlled the entire conversation including the teachers from the time he entered to the time he left, Shinai turned and disappeared through the door with Amissa in tow, JP shouting after him the instant the door had closed.

For bein' so darned skinny, the guy sure loves to throw his weight around.

Of course, now that Shinai had seen them all here and Wulfgard had indulged his assumption, that meant that they were assumed to be a school group of sorts, and one scheduled to contribute to the Festival, at that. As much as he wanted to help, Sigmund had been planning on skipping out on as much of the requisite work as possible to train and rest for the Court. Not anymore, it looked like - Shinai would likely coerce them into doing something no matter what, knowing him.2 Practically spitting, JP compared him to a vampire, citing that he'd been snooping around the hospital at night, picking up blood-packs. The two had even gotten in a fight - JP must be losing his touch, then, if Shinai still had his face intact afterward. They'd have to catch up on their one-on-ones, then.

"Hey, with all the stuff that comes out of the Court, a vampire actually wouldn't be that far-fetched," he noted. After all, they fought against demons with summoning magic every night - who was to deny anything supernatural at this point? Besides, the guy looked stressed. Might as well throw him a bone. Which reminded him - Sigmund reached into his pocket for the hard candy he kept on hand to keep Lace in check and tossed a piece to JP, cracking him a brief grin to go with it.

"Good to see you back."

Addressing the group again, Sigmund said, "But Lace is right - we kinda need a cover now. Maybe we could pass as a club that we haven't already got. We've already got half the training to be something like historic re-enactors, like at a Renaissance fair. And yeah, while we're on it, it's been long enough that we need a name. All I've got is BEAST - Bellow's Extracurricular Anti-Shadow Team? I dunno, anybody got ideas?"

1Which was impressive given that the room only had an entrance on one side.
    2It occurred to Sigmund briefly that the student council, particularly the president, had an awful lot of authority for students. Maybe he ought to start paying attention to that sort of thing.
    Last edited by Blivsey; 2nd October 2012 at 8:55 AM.

Garret Wulfgard
    Jones' Classroom- Bellow High

Well... JP was a bit nuts it seemed. First he accused Shinai of beating him up last night in the Court. Than for stealing blood because he was a vampire. Worse yet, his classmates seemed to humor him by discussing the validity of vampirism and the Court.

“No one's a vampire!” He finally shouted, as the chatter continued, mixed in with a few other things that weren't nearly so nonsensical. “And JP, I think we need to have a talk before you go accusing random people of being in the Court. Where the hell have you been, man?”

“Are we sure he's not a vamp-” Jones began, reaching for one of his desk drawers and pulling out a different journal. This one much older and soaked in a fair amount of... maroonish crust. Garret was going to give him the benefit of the doubt before jumping towards conclusions.

“YES!” He needed someone who could think straight for a moment. Ciara wasn't here to scoff, Josh wasn't here to agree with her every word, and Izzy was too busy trying to not look Miyuki directly in the eyes. Liza on the other hand... was gone.

“What the...” Wulfgard swore she was there just a few seconds ago. At least when Shinai had walked into the room. Where did she go?

Lace drew his attention away from his missing assistant, asking about what they were doing for the 'Fall Festival'. 'The fall what now?', Garret wondered. He had no clue what she was talking about. While something other than fighting Shadows seemed like a pleasant idea, their meeting was supposed to be a bit more.... serious. Not that Jones seemed to care. While Sigmund agreed with the class and began a conversation among them, Jones leaned towards Wulfgard and started to give him an explanation, apartment seeing his buddy's confused look.

“Well, students usually split up activities by Clubs for the Fall Festival. Us teachers got the notice yesterday about it, so you probably haven't gotten that memo yet. But... we'd have to go down as an official club before we can plan anything, really. So coming up with a club cover is a good idea. Especially now that I blurted that out to Shinai. We'd need not only a name, but something believable for our club's focus to be.”

Well. That seemed simple enough.

“Dude, loving the acronym!”

That had to be Randy. Looking back at the students, he saw the loudmouth attempt to give Sigmund a fistbump. “But if we do use it, it would have to fit our club's objective you know? So why not a paranormal investigation comity?”

Oh. Joy. Wulfgard loved where this was going.
    WARNING!

<OOC> My writing style is weird as hell now. Just saying.

Mana Shizuko (Finally)

The meeting was looking grim as soon as Testa Jones scribbled 'Court of Miracles' on the blackboard and began listing deaths… deaths that had occurred on their watch. As ridiculous as Mr. "Indy" Jones was, he had done quite a bit of investigating, it seemed. Which made one wonder how incompetent the cops were. Even if they didn't believe in swords and sorcery, Quarterman was the home of events more suspect than homework-eating dogs.

Then Randy explained everything, because why the hell not, right? Randy's little speech was depressingly short, highlighting just how little they really knew.

Then Wulfgard showed up. 'Bout freakin' time, Captain. Here for an epic rescue?

"Here. Use this in case you forget something. Don't worry if something happens to it. I have copies." Liza made like a mafia blackmailer, and Sensei was spilling his guts – guts that he had kept inside his body for several months now. What did she have on the man? Dark secrets? An old affair?

Well, for one, Wulfgard had done the whole Court business before. He'd had a gang of Persona-users before. Where were they now? Dead. All dead because of a traitor in their ranks, who hadn't wanted the Court to end.

The words didn't disturb Mana at all. He simply blinked, tilting his head downward so his hood covered his eyes.

As for being in a previous Court, that wasn't a surprise, since where the hell else would he have gotten the experience? The surprise was that he'd stopped it before via careful application of bomb to school. Obviously, eldritch abominations were weak to petty terrorism, and friendship and harmony were weak to power-hungry morons. Yeah, that Kenneth fellow sounded like an idiot. Manic laughter is for after you've killed the… that is, betraying your team…

The others were angry. Wulfgard hadn't told them. He'd kept quiet, and let people die. No, that wasn't quite fair. Going into the school would have led to death at their amateur level. Still, they had been kept in the dark. As if they were children, too stupid to think out a reasonable plan.

To break up the grim tone, an old friend decided to show up. Well, an old friend and a mysterious, well-combed fellow who looked sort of like Shinai Haitani. Joaquim Pereira climbed in through the window before screaming like a banshee about Shinai – it was him after all – vampirism and panties, or perhaps that last bit was Shinai? The Student Council President verbally beat JP down without a crack in his cool, smug façade. You had to respect the bastard, he was good.

As for the blood bags… there were things one could do with blood. There was a black market for that sort of thing, though Shinai didn't seem the type. One could drink it, the vampire lifestyle was all the rage recently. Shinai didn't seem like the neo-glam-vampire type either. Of course, there were also rituals one could perform with blood. Depending on the mythos, these could be neutral or outright evil, depending on the view of lifeblood.

Mana could certainly imagine Shinai kneeling before a circle, chanting in ancient Sanskrit. Latin was a trite cliché, after all, though some of the most interesting rituals were Enochian.

Shinai introduced a new girl: Amissa. She seemed shy, and she looked to Shinai for comfort. Mana had never met a less comforting figure than Shinai, but whatever.

Despite the baggage it came with, it was good to have JP back.

"Ah, the undead accuses the undead," Mana murmured. "Yo. Welcome back to the land of the living. I'm all for burning the witch, by the way, but maybe you could explain how you know our creepy student council prez has been in the Court the whole time."

Or, you know, one could switch immediately to the topic of the Fall Festival like an ADHD squirrel hopping between a pair of acorns. Mana was still rather fond of BIGTITS, though the school administration likely wouldn't appreciate the club name. A paranormal investigation committee sounded interesting enough, perhaps it would give him an excuse to catch up on his reading, or the new season of Supernatural... not that he watched television dramas, of course. Research.

Mana chuckled quietly. "I would like to reaffirm my support for the Bestest, Incrediblest, Greatest Team of Impeccable Terminators of Shadows, courtesy of our very own Commander Sofiya. B.I.G.T.I.T.S. for short."
    Friend Code: 0404-6904-4521
    Ghost Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast