Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Persona- Burn On, Shining Souls!

~ Miyuki Tachibana ~
    - Bellow High Gymnasium - Outside -
    - Evening -

A specter stalked the grounds of Bellow High.

Long flowing midnight hair of a blue so deep and rich that it appeared black. Her form was covered by a luxurious kimono of pure snowy white, the elegant lines of thin softly colored branches spread out across the folds of the silk, each one dotted with flowers of soft pink and soft sky blue. Small hexagonal shapes, aligned in perfectly uneven bunches dotted the edges, each one a small mark of icy blue. A deep blue sash was wrapped around her waist where it folded into a large exquisite bow on her back. The figure propelled itself along on soft, almost silent footsteps, the pale moonlight shining on her porcelain skin. Her crimson eyes alert for any sign of her quarry, the hapless travelers who wandered the dark pathways on a night such as this.

Miyuki was thrilled with how her costume had turned out. At first she had been a little embarrassed to wear something so elegant to a costume party, but her mother had been more than happy to lend her one of her old kimonos and this was a night to dress up as something scary. With her unique appearance, she was already something of a dead ringer for the Yuki Jyorou, the deadly cousin to the Yuki-onna. Even her red eyes added to the costume, and she had even gone so far as to procure a small bag of silvery glitter snowflakes, though she had yet to find a use for them.

For the moment though, she was straying off of the lit pathway. She wasn't too keen to show off her new look, and it was more than a bit odd feeling to be walking around without her hoodie or sweats. If it wouldn't have been totally out of character, she might have complained about the slight chill in the air. As it stood, it probably only added to her costume. Though she had already attracted a few stares and even a few words, she wondered how many of those people even recognized her. She rarely ever walked around school with her hood down, and now she was showing more skin than she was used to, even if she was still probably one of the most conservatively dressed girls in attendance tonight, costumed or otherwise.

She had only just left the dorms. She wasn't in any hurry to get to the party early, and was already getting started from the looks of things. She was pretty sure she had seen Joshua heading into the dorms on her way out, but she didn't know if he caught sight of her or not. She had been sticking to the shadows after all. She wanted her costume to be a surprise anyway.

For a moment, she wondered what Ciara would make of her. She had to admit the wig did suit her, and the kimono wasn't just some cheap knock off, it was the real, woven from silk, deal. With the slight cold in the air, the foreboding that come from knowing the court was around the corner, and that special feeling of seeing everyone on campus replaced by monsters of all sorts and types, she almost felt like a real Yuki Jyorou, stalking the night in search for a hapless man to trick. She giggled a bit at the thought. It actually wasn't too far from the truth. With more time to work on the costume, she could have even rigged up a fake bundled up infant to complete the ensemble, but had decided to focus on the smaller details instead. Still, she was pleased with the result.

The gymnasium was a buzz of activity as the students started to arrive for the party. However, she wasn't going to be headed inside just yet. She had overheard someone talking about a kid with "glowing goggles" hiding outside. That could only be one person, her prey.

He was fairly easy to spot. His flashlight vision made it hard for him to effectively hide, especially in the dark. And because he was Izzy, he wasn't that hard to sneak up on. She was ready for this though, she had been holding a piece of ice in both hands for just this moment. She dropped the two ice cubes and dried the stray water off her hands on the hem of her kimono before heading up to Izzy. Hands as cold and icy as death itself wrapped around Izzy's head, cupping over his face.

"I've come for you~" she said, unable to stifle another giggle.
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Watch your step! Sig Under Construction!

<OOC> Jesus Christ, mood whiplash, much?

Mana Shizuko
    Dorms

Mana sat in his room, tugging at the collar around his neck. The damned thing just wouldn't come off, no matter what he did. At least he'd managed to get the leash off. And the tail. He eyed the cat's tail... attachment warily. He was still sore from... A-anyway, it seemed like cutting the collar off would be the only way.

He shuddered involuntarily for a moment, remembering the events of earlier that day. He would never speak of it again. Also, he would avoid spending any time alone with Sofiya.

Mana was still tugging at the complex array of leather straps when he heard music. Some sort of electric dance beat? He pushed open his door, and glanced from side to side. "What's going on?"

It was a mannequin, rather ridiculously dressed. Its face had two X's for eyes, and a comical tongue sticking out. Mana's bemused smirk faded when he realized where he'd seen the clothes before.

I'm your prostitute, you gon' get some.

"What the fuck is this?!" Mana roared. He just stared for a moment, rage evident on his face. Who was that much of an *sshole? What kind of a person would mock the dead… comatose… like that? Theresa had been pretty much murdered, so who would do this? It was just inconceivable. It had to be one of the Persona-users, no one else had such easy access to the dorms. It was unlikely that some random person would know Theresa and do this.

Mana didn't understand why he was so pissed. He'd barely spoken to Theresa. This shouldn't have been a personal blow, but it was. This was something that he would have laughed at six months ago. But that wasn't the problem. JP had been miserable, grim, for the past two months. He'd lost someone important to him, and that was something Mana could understand.

Not just that, Mana himself had trivialized death before. Some of the hate was self-directed. But even then, it wasn't something you mocked. Apathy was bad enough, but this was a personal attack! The face, the song, whoever it was found it funny. Found it funny that a boy had lost his lover, that many had lost a friend, that parents had lost a child. This was… this was just… vicious. The song looped, adding another layer of insult to the whole situation.

"Who? Was this supposed to be funny? Was this supposed to be a joke? Come on out here so I can rip you a new *sshole!" Mana spat, letting his voice carry through the dorm building. A couple of the others were out here now as well. "Theresa's in a fucking coma! It might even be goddamn permanent! The Shadow that caused it is gone… Who the hell had the gall to go shitting on someone we've lost? Making fun of the fact that we've lost someone?"

Mana slumped against the wall, still seething. Who? Couldn't possibly be JP, and certainly hadn't been himself. Joshua, Russell, Sigmund, Snow, Randy, Izzy, Halberd, none of them were that sort of people. Sofiya, maybe, but this felt mean-spirited rather than ditzy and naďve. The music and the face were proof of that. Not Miyuki, Lace, Clarise, or Liza either... Ciara seemed to be the only one possibly cruel enough, but was even she that much of a *****?

Mana walked back into his room, collecting his bow and knife. Party? He wasn't going to go to any goddamned party. It was a good thing he'd never managed to get a costume.

Whoever pulled this, Mana thought, is going to be lucky not to end up with an arrow to the back of the head. If I ever find out who did it… I don't think I'll be able to stop Alice from killing them next time I throw Mamudo around.

We'll see who's laughing about Death when they're in hell.

Mana stormed down the stairs, stringing his bow. He brushed past Josh and Ciara, then glanced back, opening his mouth. "What the hell is that?" he spat, preparing to continue his tirade... Until JP got there first, sword drawn.
    Last edited by Niihyl; 3rd April 2012 at 2:03 AM.
    Friend Code: 0404-6904-4521
    Ghost Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb

<//JP- Lovers Arcana//3
    <//~~ Rider On the Stoooorm ~~//3

There was nothing more satisfying, more ego satiating than knowing that in your hands lie a beautiful, powerful work of art, and knowing that, in its mind, you are its god. It lies at your every whim and breaks under your authority and presence, for you command it. The pleasant noise such a creature made when a hand touched her just so- Dear God, the pleasure it brings! Be it a voluptuous, curvaceous woman or a powerful, roaring bike, both comforted a man like nothing else in this world ever possibly could.

And JP knew it – he felt it – better than anyone. He was already nearing Bellow, and this was the last stretch where he could safely risk pulling off full-throttle without risking his safety or his license. With a firm grip, he pulled on the handle; there was an immediate response: the engine started roaring like a mad beast, and the motorcycle started going faster and faster. JP easily overtook the two cars he came across, feeling a special delight at the look of envy and jealously the two drivers shot at him.

They’d never be like him: free. Again.

It was all coming back to him; how it was before the Court. He was a young 18 year old Casanova with a whole life ahead of him, filled with inexperienced pleasures and roads yet travelled. No chains bound him, and no hearts threatened him. It was, simply, him, his bike, and anyone he came across.

And, frankly, that is how it should be. As much as he’d like someone, anyone, that could look him in the eye, both unafraid and trusting, and tell him “I’m here…” He’d never have it, and it was foolish of him to ever even think he would.

For now, the sound of an engine answering his need for speed was all he craved.

<//Bellow High Campus//3

After parking his bike somewhere secluded and not prone to pranks and theft (this being Halloween and all) he made his way to the dorms. He was thinking of catching a few Z’s till midnight, or maybe work on his cooking skills, or simply clean up the mess that was his room. So much to do, so little time. The thought of going to the party and attempt to pick up random drunk ****s was not something he’d deny having crossed his mind, but honestly he’d rather not risk dragging anyone into the Court by coming into contact with them. He had no definite proof, but it seemed like most of the “second generation” members already knew some of the first Court goers before their first shenanigans, meaning the theory of the “Court Attendance” spreading among acquaintances of previous goers or to those relatively near them held some ground.

But he wouldn’t say no to a little personal time if he happened to find a tipsy catwoman alone in the dorm common room, now would he? It would just be rude, and a testament to that woman’s undesirable-ness… Or whatever. It’s not like those “types” don’t bring it upon themselves.

When he reached the dorms, after being very openly checked out by several passing girls (who must have thought his biking helmet and leather jacket were a costume rather than actual riding attire) he was pleasantly surprised at how lively it was. It wasn’t his first Halloween, but he was still surprised to see how most of the dorm’s residents were already in costume and drunk on the atmosphere.

Off course, this meant he most likely had to socialize with them… which really was not something he looked forward to. At all. After not so gracefully walking right through Lace, Russell and Halberd, he made his way up the stairs, where he passed right next to Josh and Ciara – whose dress seemed awfully familiar, to be completely honest, but JP spared no second looks and honestly didn’t give a f*ck.

That is, until he saw the mannequin.

Like some sort of makeshift scarecrow, a disturbing effigy wearing what really, really looked like Terri’s very clothes stoop planted at the very middle of the boy’s dormitory hall. There was even some music coming off of it, though he couldn’t quite tell what it was over the several conversations taking place.

But what could possibly be the meaning of this? What kind of sick mind would plan this crap, and for what? Just to spite him? To antagonize him, mock the condition of a frail woman or…

To taunt of how they knew JP was responsible for her Apathy Syndrome?

JP stormed to his room, his steps stomping on the floor with threatening thumps. He kicked the door to his room open, just barely not breaking the lock, and dove right for the poster case concealing the white sword which had reaped many a shadow. He stormed back out, heading for the scarecrow. Not losing a beat he grasped the hilt of the blade and sliced away the thing’s head. The beheaded offense to a man’s integrity fell backwards on the ground with a displeasing bump, its head on the opposite side of the hall, still rolling down till it hit the wall at the end.

It was a bitter wake up call. He'd been trying to convince himself of several things these past two months: his innocence, then his guilt, and finally he tried to think that he was actually better off... But he wasn't. The real him wanted to feel... that again.

JP stopped only when his face was inches away from Joshua’s; an already awkward position to be, made worse by the fact that his sword was still unsheathed.

“Who. Did. That.”

OOC: JP does not suspect Josh to be the culprit, nor does he suspect Ciara even. He just went straight to Josh cause they were the closest and JP knows him better than Ciara, not to mention this makes for much better drama. =D
    Last edited by niedude; 3rd April 2012 at 1:49 AM.

Snow Fields
    school parking lot

Melissa had said to meet her before the party. But how much before? At any rate, Snow had come to the parking lot to wait, pacing around the sidewalk. Other students walked by, dressed as monsters, in cheap plastic costumes, wearing costumes that didn't seem all that different from ordinary wear, or, in the case of Ned, dressed as the opposite gender. He wondered if he'd missed the mark again.

In the past, he used to accompany his parents to a yearly costume ball on Halloween. It was always a formal affair with period-appropriate costumes; his mother would joke that it was one of the few times she had a reason to wear a corset. So he'd thought he do something similar this year, only his growth spurt over the past month had cut out asking Ted to send him some of his old clothes. Snow had gone looking for replacements, but it was harder than he thought. He'd done the best he could, although it didn't quite work.

He'd gotten a bit lucky and had found a powder blue dress shirt with a ruffled front in a local store. That and some dark blue pants were close enough, along with some black dress shoes. But that didn't seem costume-worthy, so he searched online until he found a dark blue vest that had white and gold trim. It was styled like something from Imperial France, although not exact. So the vest got added.

At that point, he had overheard some of the other students in homeroom talking about their costumes and realized that the school party would not be on the same level as the costume ball he was used to. So he'd gone back to the local stores and looked in the specific Halloween merchandise for ideas. The cheap make and outright tackiness of many costumes didn't appeal to him, but he had found a nice looking set to buy. So now he had tufted white cat ear clips on his ears, a transparent nose band with cat whiskers, and a long-furred white cat tail. While the tail had come on its own belt, he had managed to detach and reattach it onto a belt that fit the rest of his attire better.

Right at seven, one of the cars that had stopped by dropped off Melissa finally. She was wearing a bright red cloak, with a small hood that didn't hide her face. Under that, she wore a blue sundress with lace trim. And attached to a band strapped around her chest, she had a black and gray water gun that was three feet long. Wasn't it too cool for a water fight?

He came over and got introduced to Melissa's father. “I'm coming back to get her at 10:30 on the dot,” he said.

“All right,” Snow said. Good, that left plenty of time to get back to the dorm and change for the Court.

“I'll be waiting,” Melissa said, then waved goodbye. Once they started off to where the party was starting, she frowned. “He wanted to come get me at 9, can you believe it? I had to promise to do extra chores in order to get that pushed back.”

“He's just worried about you being out late,” he said.

“Yeah, I know. Still lame.”

“So what're you supposed to be?” he asked, glancing at the gun. “You kind of look like Little Red Riding Hood, but...”

“That's it!” she said, smiling.

“Then what's the gun for?”

She patted it. “It's because the others might make fun of me if I just showed up as Hood, so I made it edgier, you know? But I've always dressed up as fairy tale characters for Halloween. I would've done a full out fairy again, but there's no way to make that cool enough for high school.” She clapped her hands together. “Ooo, and you can be my big bad wolfie!”

“But I'm a cat prince,” Snow said, touching one of the ears. “A cat's nothing like a wolf.”

“Well it could be, kind of,” she looked at him, tilting her head. “If you squinted.”

“And I don't want to be a bad guy.”

“Oh right, that wouldn't work. Hey, do you have any boots you can change into? Then you can be Puss in Boots. Although, then you should be a ginger cat then, not white.”

He tried to think, but couldn't recall anything specifying what kind of cat Puss in Boots had been. “Why ginger? Anyhow, I like the cat prince idea better.”

“Cause Puss is a ginger,” Melissa said as if it were obvious. Then she tweaked the cat ear. “And that white matches your hair! So cute.” She giggled and blushed. “Well all right, we can still have fun, right?”

“I guess,” Snow said, feeling a little embarrassed at getting called cute. But at least she liked his costume. “It's a different Red Riding Hood, but neat that way. I wonder what they're going to be doing.”

“Are the Crimson Beasts playing?”

He shook his head. “Nah, Randy's lost his voice so he can't sing for a little while. He seemed a bit down about that, so I'll have to make sure he's having a good time anyhow.”

“Right, you can find a way to cheer him up.”

So far, so good...
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Sigmund Okonkwo
    Bellow High Dormitories [Monday Afternoon -> Evening]

Snow gave Sigmund's suggestion a brief moment of thought before agreeing, noting that he wasn't very good at fighting games in the first place. Sigmund grinned widely in response, explaining, "Kinda, it's supposed to be pretty simple, and I haven't played it yet, either. I probably won't be much better than you will."1 That said, his admitted lack of information was turning the topic elsewhere until the two found themselves joined by someone familiar.

"Hey, you've been out here for awhile. You wouldn't happen to have seen any of the others pass by would you?" she asked, falling into step next to them. Snow beat Sigmund to an answer largely by virtue of surprise - he hadn't seen Clarise's costume yet, which was a small miracle given how colorful it was, making her look like a strange cross between Carmen Sandiego and a cowboy. With goggles. Sigmund blinked at it once before jerking his head in the direction of the dormitory buildings, noticing a short redhead duck inside the building. Probably Russell. Choosing not to include those already inside the dorm, a quick look around returned exactly zero results. Snow's eyes were sharper than Sigmund's, though, and he pointed out Ciara off to the side before moving the subject onward to the evening's party.

The subject lasted them until the group arrived in the dorms' lounge, where Russell, Lace and Halberd were in the middle of another conversation. Not wanting to grow the crowd even further, Sigmund exchanged some quick words with the others and headed upstairs to the boys' floor. It was a bit empty at the moment, with almost all of the hall doors closed and almost all of the noticeable sound coming from either the lounge below or the girls who lived on the next floor up. Passing a few doors, including Snow's, Sigmund came upon his own and tried the handle (just in case he had forgotten to lock it2) before throwing the lock.

The room inside was a bit cluttered, the shelves over his desk containing everything from varied books and disc cases to a model robot, and a few items including his duffel bag laying out on the floor.3 Sigmund knocked these to the foot of his dresser, marginally more out of the way, and tossed his bag the other way, to the foot of his bed. Out of routine habit, he made a line for his dresser, snatched up a half-gallon container of water from the beside his microwave and threw the latch open on his window to drizzle it over the planter that hung from the outside of his window4. Once the plants were significantly watered, he returned the carton to its proper position and began fiddling with the old console that was practically buried behind the monitor on his desk.

"Here," he said, throwing one controller to Snow before taking the other and sitting at the side of his bed. The two spent most of the rest of the afternoon lazing about, challenging each other with their rather minimal amounts of skill at the game5 and Sigmund formulating a few potential words of advice for Snow about the night ahead, though whether he actually voiced them he couldn't quite recall. It was quite a relaxing way to finish out the afternoon, but altogether not very eventful.

Before long, the sun had set and Snow for his own room, Sigmund went through his evening prayers and he immediately ran downstairs to set himself upon most of a day's worth of food. Strangely enough, he wasn't truly bothered by his fasting during the day, but still felt incredibly relieved at sundown when he was finally allowed dinner. He polished off his food with surprising speed and again disappeared upstairs to change into his costume: that of a traditional vampire, sharply-dressed in black slacks and a white shirt, crimson vest, black shoes, and a black-and-red cape tied about the neck by a fake brooch. It was a bit average, admittedly, but the classics were classics for a reason.

Thud.

Curious at the sudden noise that had come from just outside his room, Sigmund pulled his door open and was presented with three immediately important things:

1. That JP was storming down the hall at one of the others, absolutely steamed.
    2. That the chief reason for this was almost certainly standing in the hallway - a store mannequin dressed in a haphazard arrangement of what had to be Theresa's clothing, with a crudely-drawn "dead" face on a paper plate attached to its nearby severed head.
    3. That, looking back at JP, he was shouting demands with his sword drawn. A real "oh-God-this-could-kill-you" sword. Less than a foot from somebody's head.

If Sigmund was thinking clearly, he probably would have decided that of all of the people he could think of, those who would have initiated this comprised a very short list, and that any one of them would either be seriously out of bounds or mentally unstable to have done such a thing - either was a cause for concern. He might have decided that the sword in JP's hand merited an immediate intervention before the situation turned in a very dangerous direction, which was a very real threat given his state of mind. As it was, Sigmund's mind was turning fairly blank in response to this whole scene, so he stepped out into the hall, clenching his fists and watching intently - he wasn't about to attack a larger, armed upperclassman without a weapon of his own, but ignoring this seemed impossible at the moment.

1 This was mostly true - Sigmund's previous interest in fighting games had lasted for about the span of four weeks and had taken place most of two years ago. Moreover, his experience with today's particular offering amounted to little more than admiring its cover art. Whatever advantage he had would be fairly minor.
    2 Again.
    3 But no dirty clothes. Yesterday was laundry day.
    4 Which consisted of a mixed bed of Autumnale Fuschia and Tuberous Vervain which were nearing the end of their days.
    5 Though Sigmund did manage to find a spear-wielding character with whom he was somewhat less terrible.
    Last edited by Blivsey; 8th April 2012 at 12:56 AM.

Joshua Sands - Tower Arcana - Dorm Common Room - Monday Evening

Ciara did have something of a flair for the dramatic, no wonder she wanted him to wait down here. Still, it was better to humour her, it being her birthday tomorrow and all that. Besides, he was a nice guy. Right? Still, he could hear strange things above him. Something tumbling down a couple of stairs, and for a second he was worried Ciara had tripped, and hurt herself. But a few seconds later, it sounded like everything was alright. Then he heard a faint drum beat from some music upstairs. He couldn't make out the actual song, only the beat. Still, he waited until he felt the tap on his shoulder.

"So, fabulous, yes?" Ciara of course, as she twirled to show off her dress. She looked more like she was heading to the Oscars, not a Halloween party. At least she would've, if not for the witch's hat, broomstick at to an extent, the makeup. Either way, Joshua had to admit - she looked incredible. His eyes almost widened, and it was only restraint that prevented them from doing so. Compliment her...

"You look wonderful," he said, giving her a quick hug. "Absolutely-"

"What the hell is that?" A startled Joshua turned round to see Mana, his bow strung, looking rather angry. Not as angry as JP looked, who had his sword drawn, and was right in Joshua's face.

“Who. Did. That.” Joshua was dumbstruck. He had no idea what either of them were talking about, or why they both seemed to be so angry at him. Joshua began to sweat, and almost wanted to cry in fear. No, you fool, be brave! You've done nothing wrong! ... Although the Portuguese guy is very intimidating...

"Wh-What are you talking about? Wh-Who did what?" He looked from JP to Mana to Ciara and back again. Was everyone here in on something he wasn't?
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Lace Condor
    Dorm Living Room
    Approaching Evening

“...I’m leaning towards going to the Costume Party...," Russell told her. "What about you guys?”

Lace had been staring at Russell throughout his talk and give him a few quick nods before crumpling up her candy. Throwing it away Lace rubbed her hands looking at the guys.

"You got it. I didn't think about all that," she said not looking at anyone. "I wish things would get that wild." Burning down the dorms would be a nice one-off weekend kind of thing. Lace didn't want to cause any trouble in her new home. Russell must now what he's talking about. The crew would all be at the school in a couple hours so there's no reason to skip out.

"Oookay!" Lace straightened up. "That sounds like a good plan Russell. We can all head down together." Looking to the stairs Lace thumbed behind her and took a step backwards. "I'm just going upstairs to change out of my ninja gear." She had one foot on the bottom stair and turned back to the guys. "It'll be real quick, up and down," Lace drew an invisible square in the air. "Just like that," she started up skipping every other step. At the top of the first flight, Lace peeked around the corner just as the room went out of her view and shouted down.

"I'll bring some snacks for the road!" Running back to the top of the stars she skipped down to the bottom. "There and back again. In-," Lace held up her hand to them. "Five...minutes. Maybe ten." Waving at the guys she bolted back up the stairs and didn't stop until the girl's floor.

Evening

In her room the ninja outfit was lying all over the floor. Wearing just a plan t-shirt and black pajama bottoms Lace swiveled in her chair staring at her dresser. Stroking her invisible goatee she got up and started snatching out random clothes. Coats, pants, shirts, vests, everything was out. The room was a mess. After a minute, Lace was posing in a bright yellow suit jacket with a red-and-orange t-shirt underneath. Leaving it completely unbottened she patted down her red slacks, cuffing them just above the red and yellow striped shoes. Lace looked down and took a step back. If she stepped hard enough they let out a nasty squeak like a rooster with a sore throat.

All of her tattoo's were cleaned off and were now being replaced with white clown make-up. "Oooooohhh, I'm a ghoooosssst," she said to herself waving her hands infront of the mirror. Making a few funny faces she stepped back, swiped an orange tie of the dresser -- tying it up as she took a some deep breaths. There was a red top hat firmly on her head as Lace pointed around her room.

"Last minute checks," she said noting the clothes thrown everywhere. She tapped her her hat, shirt, jacket, pants, and shook her feet.
    "Red. Stripes. Yellow. More red. Ketchup. Mustard. It's all here," she shook her jacket and turned off the lights. "You guys ready?" She whispered. Adjusting the top-hat she opened the door -- keeping a hand in her pocket she looked back in the dark room. "Yes. We. Are," winking at the mirror. Just after she closed the door, Lace had a hand on the doorknob and almost tripped throwing it back open. "Crap!" She shot back in the room.

A big plastic bag of Jolly Ranchers bounced on her shoulder with Lace turning the corner. Standing at the top of the stairs she heard what sounded like shouting from the other side of the dorm. "I hope those guys make it," Lace said quietly and looked down the stairs. "What do you think?" Ruffling the bag around she deepened her voice. "We helping out?"

"No. No. And no! You said you'd be down there in a miiiinuuuute," the bag whined.

"I-I know, I know, but-," she squished the bag flat; frowning at her. "Enough!" She swung it back around and started down the stairs with a defeated look. "You got me." Looking at the clock in the living room she'd been gone for a good seven minutes. She announced to Bryan and Russell.

"Hello!" She threw up her arms. "Good evening, I'm Ms. Condor, and I'm a recovering ketchup and mustard clown. Slash addict. Not 'gonna lie; I'm not ashamed. ...Probably am," she shrugged. "But it feels good to be here with you guys, really good. Thank you for having me." She bowed -- tipping her hat to her viewers and came in closer. "But, I won't stand here, drinking in all the credit. Look what I got with me!" Raising the Jolly-Rancher bag overhead, she shook it and danced over. "We, are, set, for-the-rest-of-the-niiiiight. Let's get out of here and hit the school!"
    Last edited by Vivian_Bloom; 4th April 2012 at 10:27 PM.
    On Army-Training Leave:

I'll be gone from Serebii/Internet from Sept 10th - Dec 15/16th. If you want to contact me, send a PM by the first of September. Coolio!

See you guys. Be back soon. Enjoy BOSS!

Izzy Simone
    Bellow High School Grounds
    8:15 PM

Even without a costume, Izzy had been assaulted by one boy who insisted “Awesome, fight tha powah, dude!”, which still continued to confuse him as he resigned himself to wandering around the gymnasium for the time being. It seemed that the party was just starting, so there was no real reason to rush in. The less time he had to spend awkwardly alone during a dance the better. With Randy voiceless, the only three to encourage him were Phil, Ned, and maybe Snow. Snow would probably be the best choice, but Izzy was almost positive he would have a date... he'd just be a third wheel.

The clean light from the stadium across the field carried over the gym, illuminating everything with a clear white tint. It was refreshing in contrast to the yellow of the court. It did, however, create quite a few shadows (thankfully, regular ones, not ones trying to rip out his throat.), which he used to sit in.

“Probably gonna rain tonight...” He commented, looking up at the sky. In addition to the light of the stadium, the moon was nearly full. Not that one would be able to tell half the time. Large black clouds floated in, the biggest and most swollen visible in the distance, ready to burst. “...That's be juuuuuust perfect.”

Then his vision went black. He could identify small, cold digits, nearly freezing the skin around his eyes. In all honesty, his pants were almost wet by this. Even if it was a child's prank. But on Halloween, everything got a bit scarier for Izzy.

"I've come for you~"

Izzy's first reaction to the voice was to continue his previous notion of 'wetting his pants', and he indeed screamed out a short 'eek' before coming to his sense, as the slight accent and giggle at the end allowed him to calm his nerves considerably. He recognized the perp. Miyuki Tachibana.

“Is it Liza?” He joked, receiving a quick knee to his kidneys for the comment. Luckily, his recent growth spurt left Miyuki's reach a little lacking, the blow barely making him flinch. Granted he'd ruined her prank, but at least the kick felt playful rather than malicious.

Miyuki let go of his face, allowing him to turn around and get a good look at her. The glimpse was brief, but his goggles cut through the darkness so he could see her clearly. The kimono, wig, everything... she was pretty damn cute as a little... whatever it was. He didn't get to oogle very long though, so his jaw becoming slack wasn't really noticed by Miyuki before they were interupted.

“How'd you know I was here?... oh, right. Boo.”

Izzy jumped up, almost landing on Miyuki, but she either had the same reaction, or had been around him long enough to know how him being startled would end (By the by: Probably with his head in her chest.) Turning, Izzy saw a white hill rising from the nearest bush. Through the two circles on the top of the costume, Izzy recognized the dark skin and large bored eyes. Liza... for real this time.

“What're you doing here!?” Izzy shouted, still a bit shocked. Liza ignored him turning to Miyuki.

“Nice costume... reminds me of something. I just can't put my finger on it.” She remarked, dryly, leaving Izzy to wonder if she was being serious or sarcastic. “Anyway, I was looking for you Tachibana.” She began, stepping out of the bush. Izzy noticed how much he'd grown over the past two months... she was now at least two inches shorter than he was, when she used to be a smige taller. “Your 'friend' pulled some prank in the dorm. While I don't really care, it was in bad taste and a couple people are really upset about it. It won't be long until they figure out who dun it, and when they do, Jerk Pants is gonna shank Ciara.” Liza explained, leaving Izzy with more questions than he needed at the moment... which was also ruined by Liza's intrusion. After a second, Liza turned to Izzy, her head apparently tilted in thought, as her eyes weren't matching up with the circles. “Was that racist? It sounds like it should be racist.”

“How do you know she did it, if the others don't?” Izzy asked, still in the dark and wanting to feel important.
    All he was met with was a large “HA! Please...” As she wandered off towards the gym.

“Well... that was weird.” Izzy began, turning back to Miyuki. “You know... the party's started, and I think the DJ's finally ready.” In a mock bow, exaggerated so Miyuki could view it as a joke if he rejected his offer, Izzy asked “May I have this dance?” A month ago, you'd probably heard his knees clunking together over the actual request, but spending time with an actual girl had boosted his confidence a good amount. He was still giving off a cold sweat, but luckily, they were in the shadows. She wouldn't be able to see that... right?
    Last edited by Zincspider; 5th April 2012 at 2:48 AM.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

Ciara H. Wright, Deviousness
    Dorm Common Room
    Hallowe'en Evening

He had definitely excelled himself. If she looked fabulous then he looked... astonishing. In the best possible sense of the world. Appearance-wise, he was nothing short of a dream.

Ciara felt a blush redden her face as he hugged her. God, so spontaneous. It felt... nice. She closed her eyes and smiled gratefully as she held him. Still, she didn't really like the unexpected, and why did she always feel so guilty afterwards, like she was just playing him and things weren't real? She found her eyes flickering to the ceiling and her entire head tilt upwards, her nose high in the air. She would do anything just so she wouldn't have to look at him, to see him feeling so happy with her. The sounds of movement overhead reminded her of what she had just done, and a need to leave the scene of her crime compelled her to begin moving towards the exit.

She was pre-empted as someone brushed past her, and all of a sudden she found herself face-to-face with a tightly-drawn bowstring. "What the hell is that?"

Wow, it was a two-for-one! She had even gotten the snotbag brat all wound up, too. God, anything to wipe that smug little smirk off of his face was a pleasure. Ciara kept her face level, and tried to remain perfectly calm as she spoke, sounding the same as she always did- contemptuous and superior, "What, sweetie? Oh, Alice, do you want me to get you some Tampax? I understand that random mood swings are often..."

“Who. Did. That.”

Ciara swivelled on one leg, twirling like a ballerina. She caught a sight of his face- wasn't he just manic? Furious. God, he had really lost it. Such an improvement on that dumb detachment, that strange 'coolness' that he had maintained for the two long months. Finally, some emotion! It gave her such a thrill. How in a single act, she could reduce a man to his base level, some animal of fury and rage, lashing out everywhere! Despite everything else, he still held onto the lost memories of that stupid girl, and that drove him into a frenzy. How he could be completely broken so easily, that was the power of relationships. That was the thing about letting people get close.

Just another fool.

Ciara looked at him, unable to keep the mocking smile out of her eyes, but the look on her face was one of dealing with a minor inconvenience, or a pesky servant. "Please, get that sword out of his face, and remain calm. I would love to stay and chat about whatever it is that's gotten in you two milkmaids in such a frightful state, but right now I have more important things to attend to."

Ciara rolled her eyes conspiratorially at Joshua, before taking his hand in hers and squeezing it, as if to say, I'm here, I'll deal with it. Why was she so good at these opportune moments, so capable of being so blasé and so confident in her ability to bring strength to him? "Don't indulge them. Let's go. The time I have in this dress is limited and I will not waste it on plebeians." She turned to leave, pushing the bow aside.

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3963-5379

Joshua Sands - Tower Arcana - Dorm Common Room - Monday Evening

Joshua was still completely flustered by the sudden interrogation by JP and Mana, who explained the situation. "Sorry, Josh. I don't think you did it. I was just… pissed. Someone's put up an insulting little effigy of Theresa, along with some music. Apparently it's funny." What?! thought Joshua, how horrible... Who would do something like that? He wasn't speaking out of a combination of shock and the large blade still inches from his face. No wonder JP was so furious though. Joshua felt a little angry himself - Theresa had saved his life in the Court once, after all. Still... That did not justify the sword. Not one bit.

But he'd forgotten who he was with - Ciara H. Wright, Breaker of Men, and the biggest bitch this side of Quartermain. The most self-assured, confident woman he knew, who kept her cool like nobody's business. It was why he had a great deal of respect for her. Granted, he was being somewhat emasculated, but considering JP's very dangerous, very real sword that was for some reason in his face, he didn't mind. He wished he could handle it himself though, she shouldn't have to bother with his problems, right?

"Please, get that sword out of his face, and remain calm. I would love to stay and chat about whatever it is that's gotten in you two milkmaids in such a frightful state, but right now I have more important things to attend to," she said, taking his hand. It felt warm. Joshua could feel himself reddening just a smidge. It was unexpected, but reassuring. "Don't indulge them. Let's go. The time I have in this dress is limited and I will not waste it on plebeians," she said to him. Joshua mused to himself that if Ciara was a man, JP would probably have killed them both by now. Thank God for XX chromosomes. But she was right. He had no idea who had done the deed, so really, what could he do anyway?

"Yeah," he said with a smile, feeling a little more confident, "Guys, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened. You'll have to ask someone else." He turned to Ciara, offering her his arm, and they walked off together to the party.

---

"Thanks," said Joshua once they were out of range, "That, er... That was really looking bad for me for a sec."
    Last edited by Son_of_Shadows; 8th April 2012 at 11:49 PM.
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

OOC: Okay, time to finally post. I'm actually starting to like what's going on between Halberd and Lace...
    IC:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Bryan "Halberd" Donneley
    Captain of the Wannabe Pirates
    Bellow High Commons

As Lace danced around the room with all sorts of sweet things, Halberd couldn't hide his smile. Although her mannerisms definitely fell under the category of strange, there was something about her--some combination of innocence and wild excitement that was pleasing in a way. The thing that demon ninja did next was pitch an idea of a haunted house. It sounded like a wonderful idea, true, but not very practical. At that point Russell stepped into the conversation, suggesting that that wasn't a good idea. Halberd nodded his head in agreement. The whole idea sounded silly to him, especially when there was already a costume party going on here.

...Wait, Russell was there. As Lace rushed upstairs to change, Halberd spent the next few seconds gazing at him with interest. He looked just like a character in a fantasy novel, perhaps an elf who was good with a sword. Or perhaps a young forest boy with hidden courage and maybe even a faery companion. Oh wait, a musketeer, as he explained just then? Wow.

"Well ahoy at last, mate," Halberd greeted, inviting Russell to sit down next to him. "You look like you'd be ready for adventure there. Why, you don't even need a musket--a sword is a far more suitable prop for you in this case." He paused, a proud smile on his face. "Well, at this point I would be working on my costume more, but I believe I'm all set. What about you? Are you all set? I was planning that we, along with Lace, could just go to the costume party. If we were to be, say, a pirate crew, I'd even give you the honour of being first mate." He paused again, gazing off into the distance. Eventually the gaze shifted to Lace's empty soda bottle. "Oh, speaking of which, there is one more prop I can add..."

Grabbing the empty soda bottle, he quickly rushed over to the sink and cleaned it out. Then he darted off towards his room. As he headed over there, he could hear quite a bit of commotion in the hallway. Mana was cursing loudly about something, some sort of music Halberd didn't care for was playing, somebody was making loud stomping noises, and something made a loud crash against the wall. By the time Halberd arrived in the hallway, there lying before him was a beheaded mannequin, dressed in clothing that reminded him of Theresa.

It was a sad thought, really. Halberd remembered well that night when she caught Apathy Syndrome. In that flashy club, he was just about to rush to her assistance when several Shad-ho's appeared out of nowhere and surrounded her. But before he could arrive, Scathach appeared before him, holding an arm out to stop him, leaving him to watch as the shadows got absorbed into that girl he was just beginning to like.

"You cannot stop what is meant to be," she had said. "Year after year a cold winter befalls the world, and only a fool would prevent it. Though it may not seem to be, the harsh winter makes the spring only fairer afterward."

These words of Scathach's kept repeating in Halberd's mind as he inspected the mannequin, removing the I-Pod and turning it off. He made a mental note to keep it--he doubted it was Theresa's--perhaps he could dissect it later and turn it into some other gadget. Sending a brief greeting to Mana along the way, Halberd wasted no time in heading to his room, dropping off the unidentified I-Pod and the soda bottle there, and withdrawing his new prop...

When he energed back into the common room, there was now an empty bottle of rum sticking out of one of the pockets of his coat. Before entering, he took this bottle back out of his pocket, sniffed the inside of it, and then went over to the sink to rinse it out a couple of times. After sticking it back in his pocket, he made his way over to the couches only to find the weirdest circus reject he had ever seen. It looked like a sorcerer had bewitched a hot dog, slathered copious amounts of ketchup and mustard on it, and imprisoned it in its bun. This creature had just escaped from the bun. And it was Lace again, nonetheless!

Halberd could only fret at this new costume.

"Well, that is an interesting costume," he told her, "and it will definitely scare some people, but I was beginning to like your demon ninja look... Oh!" He snapped his fingers. "An idea just occurred to me. After the party, we can come right back here and have our own little party in here! And then..." He stopped short, and his tone of voice suddenly became more serious. "The Court of Miracles. What if it happens tonight? With Halloween being the supposed time when the veil between the real and supernatural realms is the thinnest, there's a very high possibility that there will be one tonight. Gosh. That ruins all our plans."

There was a long, silent pause, one that seemed to drown out all conversation taking place around the dorms.

"Well," he continued, "just in case there is a Court tonight, I strongly advise that nobody consume any illegal substances before midnight. Or eat too many sweets," he added to Lace. "Let's have fun at the costume party, but let's all stay safe and stay sharp, and most importantly, stay together. So, with that..." and here he cleared his throat and spoke in his deeper-and-slightly-gruff pirate voice, "raise the sails! Steady the masts! Ready the cannons! Anchors aweigh me hearties, thar we sail to the islands of wonder!"

He sounded silly saying that last bit, but it was Halloween. Even Halberd had to have his fun.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Sigmund Okonkwo
    Bellow High Dormitories [Monday Evening]

Sigmund's apprehension was well-founded, but ultimately unnecessary - with a few sharp words from Ciara and Joshua, who were still at JP's sword-point while giving them, the pair simply walked away, leaving JP absolutely fuming and Mana looking very stern beside him, both with their weapons drawn. Not wanting to disrupt the scene any further, Sigmund ducked back into his room for a moment to let the situation resolve itself. At least with Mana nearby to keep him in check, it was unlikely that JP would be charging the two down, and his sword pretty much trumped him unarmed, anyway. If he hadn't drawn his sword, though, Sigmund wasn't even sure that he wouldn't have just let the scene play out - Ciara's retort sounded suspiciously closer to "deal with it" than an outright denial, and her abrasiveness seemed to be rubbing off on Josh a bit, too. Honestly, she was really pushing it...

As soon as he heard the voices in the hall fall back to a normal conversational volume, Sigmund stepped back out and went straight down the stairs, ignoring the mannequin1 and giving the other two a nod and the closest look he had to "we'll-get-this-scumbag." JP had basically not been around at all for several weeks and come back to what was practically mocking - at least letting him know that they were on the same side was the simplest thing he could do at the moment, and sitting around to help Mana cool him off could backfire spectacularly. The best thing for him to do right now was to leave - which he did posthaste, stopping only briefly at the building stoop to unsuccessfully try and get the meager wind to catch his cape.

Bellow High Gymnasium, PAR-TAY Mode [Monday Evening]

Nurse. Zombie. Frankenstein's monster. Nurse again. Robin Hood.

Sigmund skirted the edges of the crowds, looking for anyone he knew, but most people that he knew seemed to still be around the dorms. Those that weren't seemed to be traveling in pairs not to be interrupted - between the crowds, he had only managed to spot Miyuki and Izzy2 and Snow and his date3. The latter two seemed to be doing well, so Sigmund threw Snow a discreet thumbs-up, though he wasn't sure if he caught it before Sigmund had moved behind the next group of students. Honestly, this "dance" had much better attendance than any event had at his old school - if he had to guess, it would be because a good chunk of the students lived in campus housing, so they'd pretty much be a captive audience. But it did mean that he seemed a bit out-of-place, plodding about aimlessly in a crowded room. Perhaps he should have asked around for a date after all - if nothing else, he could probably have convinced someone from his old school to show up.

With nothing better to do, Sigmund swiped a cup at random from the refreshment table and took a spot up against a wall, content for now to watch the incoming crowd for interesting people and costumes.

1 He considered disposing of it, but decided that doing so with Theresa's clothes still on it wouldn't go over too well.
    2 A kimono-lady and presumably some character costume he didn't recognize.
    3 Some sort of Renaissance man and a Red-Riding-Hood-with-a-gun.

<//JP- Lovers Arcana//3
    <//Dorm//3

Josh’s dumbfound look and Ciara’s well-kept façade went over the head of the furious boy. His rage yet growing, he could only clench the grip of his blade tighter and tighter, to the point where he feared he’d crush it between his fingers.

Joshua got all evasive, and Ciara did nothing other than wave him aside, no respect nor care present in her… oddly joyous eyes. Now that he noticed her, Ciara was indeed all… dressed up. Or rather, dressed down, when compared to her usual attire. And this was the girl who used to badmouth Terri’s style…

Wait a second.

IT WAS HER!
    IT HAD TO BE!

Ciara was already walking away, but had yet to leave the dorm. She was still in his range… He raised the sword over his head, teeth clenched, prepared to throw it and impale the b!tch. Yet, just before he threw it, some miracle of Halloween happened, as the boy began acting somewhat rational. Maybe it was the sight of the angel drinking coffee by the dorm kitchen (who the hell had invited her anyway?) or the rush of rage subsiding, he realized he was trying to commit a most gruesome murder on nothing more than a gut feeling.

It took a while, and he almost crossed a line he could not uncross. Thankfully, he came to his senses before it was too late.

It still didn’t stop him from leaving a huge slash on his bedroom door. After he brought the scarecrow’s clothes inside; they’d be hard to get rid of, but he’d most likely just ditch them in a bag in Terry’s hospital room and hope her family found it. In the midst of all this, JP almost failed to see Mana, standing at his back with a bow strung. The kid literally had his back. That felt so… comforting. Huh, weird. He’d almost forgot what this felt like.

It would certainly be rude to just… go to his room without saying anything. So…

“Hey, kid, thanks for that. I kinda… lost my temper there for a second.”
    He finally sheathed his sword as he spoke to Mana, and his heartbeat slowled to normalcy.

“I honestly don’t even know where… that,” he waved his hand over his head, like he was throwing an imaginary sword. “Where that came from…”

OOC: Sorry for the low quality post. Can't write for the life of me today.

\\Levin Sanders, Chariot Arcana//
    Bellow High Gymnasium

A world of colour and mindless abandon. The school gym was filling up with people dressed in sorts of outfits. Laughter all around, not a care in the world in the eyes of most.

"We'll see how carefree and joyful you all feel in a matter of hours." thought Levin, unsure but ever apprehensive of what could happen tonight. If it was anything like last night though, he'd be prepared, and not alone. Even if a panicking, rampaging crowd could be equally dangerous, come to think of it.
    He instinctively reached for the inner pocket of his sportcoat, feeling the butterfly knife beneath the cloth. He had brought it along tonight - would anybody care? It was an extracurricular event with no obvious security to speak of, and quite frankly, looking around, the Balisong felt a lot more harmless than a lot of other stuff people were openly carrying.

"Hey, Levin!" shouted somebody. A guy from his class? Couldn't really tell, it certainly wasn't anybody who merited his attention before. "No costume? Figured... Geez, at least come on over and join us, don't just stand there... They do have parties back in England, don't they?"

Do they ever. "Yes, thanks for the invitation, but I..."
    "Yeah, cut the "but". Come on, there's punch! Everyone likes punch!"

"Oh, going for a punch is exactly what I'm starting to feel like doing." But now that he thought about it, were the drinks alcoholic? They wouldn't, not in a high school party... A sanctioned one, anyway. But regardless, he really should mingle, if only for protection later.

"Fine, you win." he ended with the most polite smile he could muster.

As he stood near the refreshment table, taking the smallest possible sips from his punch glass, he looked at the group that his (probably) classmate had him join. All ridiculously dressed as superheroes, mythological creatures and things he couldn't quite describe, talking loudly (possibly inebriated) about girls. Not a topic that he disliked in of itself, but discussing women was one thing; loudly announcing how many "chicks he had banged" and the ones he'd "do" tonight really wasn't his thing. And weren't costumes something you stopped wearing at 10? Nothing in the very concept of this party made the slightest sense.
    He was being forced to smile much more often than he was used to, and it was getting uncomfortable.

He noticed someone leaning against a wall nearby, dressed as a vampire, away from the mess. Either living out his character, making him as insane as everyone else, or just a guy with a bit of dignity. On second thought, he might have been another classmate of his. Yes, almost certainly. One... Sigfried? Something like that. Unremarkable, probably irrelevant, but given the circumstances, that was a good thing right now.
    Levin excused himself and made his way over to him. Maybe he wouldn't come across as a psycho, and if he did, this was the best night to sound crazy anyway.

"Hey. Can I have a word with you?" Hopefully he wouldn't remember his panic attack earlier during class too vividly. Wouldn't help his credibility too much.
    "I... I know this will probably sound weird, but... Was anything scheduled to happen last night around midnight? Some sort of... Halloween event?..."
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 8th April 2012 at 4:42 PM.

~ Miyuki Tachibana ~
    - Halloween Party - Outside -

“Is it Liza?” Izzy asked. That joker, why would Liza be out here just to trick him? She nudged him with her knee, just to pay him back for his poor detective skills before releasing her ice cold grip on his face.

He turned around and got the satisfaction of seeing him look over her costume. She was just about to ask him how she looked when a voice came out of nowhere.

“How'd you know I was here?... oh, right. Boo.”

Miyuki jumped, arms reaching to grab a hold of something only to see that Izzy had had the same reaction. Some knight he was. Wasn't the guy supposed to be the one who wasn't scared?

After a brief exchange, it looked like Liza had come to warn them about something that had gone on back at the dorm, something that involved "Jerk Pants" and Ciara. Izzy asked her how she knew all this, a concern that Liza literally laughed off before wandering away towards the party proper. Duh Izzy, Liza was a super-sleuth after all. Of course she'd be the one with all the scoops.

“Well... that was weird.” Izzy began, turning back to Miyuki. “You know... the party's started, and I think the DJ's finally ready.” He gave a bow, a little too stylized as if he was just playing the theatrics. “May I have this dance?”

He looked so nervous. He was trying to hide it, sure, but he was simply too easy to read. She should probably warn him never to take up gambling. She took a moment to think, more just to mess with him than anything else. She tapped her finger to her chin a few times, as if in thought, before nodding. "You may." she said, extending her hand.

Together, they headed into the gymnasium as the party got underway. The music was going, the refreshments were served, and the dance floor already had a few occupants. She was pretty sure she caught Sigmund on the far wall, and that was Snow over there with that rather pretty looking girl wasn't it? Looks like they weren't the first ones from their group to arrive. Still, Miyuki wasn't exactly a party goer, so no sooner had they entered than she hugged the wall, making her way towards the punch table, an area of the wall that was surprisingly un-occupied. Now, it was time to get an answer to that question she wanted to ask earlier.

She stopped suddenly, forcing Izzy to do the same. Turning towards him, she gave a little twirl. "Well, what do you think? I don't usually wear anything like this, so I'm not sure how it looks." She had to really try to fight back a blush. She gave a silent thanks to her time with Drama Club once again. Their teachings, as well as Ciara's "lessons", have been very helpful with keeping control of her emotions, at least outwardly.

"The costume idea just came naturally, I didn't even need any make-up." she said with a grin, oblivious to the fact that Izzy probably had no idea what she was costumed as.
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Watch your step! Sig Under Construction!

Sigmund Okonkwo
    Bellow High Gymnasium, PAR-TAY Mode [Monday Evening]

Wizard. Pirate. Cop. Phoenix Ranger. Nothing.

That last one wasn't to say that the guy was wearing nothing1 or wearing a costume representing the concept of "nothing."2 He just had no costume. Some guys were just like that, somehow - they felt the obligation to show up to a costume party but still wouldn't dress up. Strange. This particular one looked familiar, though. One of his classmates, perhaps?

...the guy from last night! That was him. The group had gotten a couple of wanderers into the court over the past weeks, but none had actually stuck around. It was kinda lucky for them, actually - the Court was stable as it was, so it was best that nobody else had to risk their rear ends. Not so lucky for this one, if his outburst in class and approach just now were anything to go by.

"Hey, can I have a word with you?" the last-night-guy asked, looking pretty directly at Sigmund. Yup, definitely not so lucky. He began to stammer out something halfsensical about making sure that last night hadn't been some sort of Mischief Night prank. Sigmund shook his head in response and wiped the bit of punch from his chin that he had been trying to get to emulate blood. Apparently he was going to have to break the news. Not usually his thing, but -

"Okay, so, Kevin?"

"Levin. Cool. So there's a good answer to that, but here is the wrong place for it. Follow me a bit." Trying to act as collected and veteran-ish as he could3, he lead the other classmate out the main doors and down one of the campus paths. Most people were heading toward the party rather than away from it right now, so hopefully whatever got overheard could be attributed to video game or movie talk. Once the two were clear of the crowd about the doorway, Sigmund started speaking at length, stopping only to answer aside questions when he could and shrug when he couldn't.

"So, here's the deal. You saw those shadowy creature-things last night, right? Of course you did, or else you wouldn't be asking. Those're shadows - they're bad juju. They've been causing that Apathy Syndrome that's been going around. Thing is, they only show up at a certain time of night. Other thing is, most people're asleep that time of night or their brains just skip right over it. Yeah, it's weird, just consider it the witching hour and stick with me for a sec. We don't know why, but some of us can actually stay awake through the Court of Miracles - that's what our boss calls the shadow hour. That kinda gives us the option of trying to get rid of them, since nobody else really can. It's not quite as dangerous as it sounds - being able to stay active through the Court means that you can summon a Persona - spirit guardian, familiar, whatever you wanna call it - which is cool and all, but it only sticks around for the dark hour. You saw us use those? ...no? Well, bottom line is, they're on our side. Super useful. Makes fighting shadows a whole lot easier. Thing is, now that you've seen it all, you've kinda got a choice to make."

Ready to finish off his spiel, Sigmund turned on his heel and jumped onto a nearby rock, flourishing his cape a bit for effect and barely managing to keep his balance. He raised the right side of his cape and explained,

"You can join us. Fight the shadows, help get rid of Apathy Syndrome, break through to the heavens and all that jazz. Nobody else to remember us, a bit dangerous, but a pretty rare chance. Or..." he raised the left side, "you can just walk away. Ignore the Court long enough, it'll start ignoring you, you'll forget the whole thing and life goes back to average. Probably the safest option for your personal health." Sigmund now hopped down from his perch, letting his cape bellow out slightly and standing eye-to-eye with Levin.

"'Course, you don't have to choose right away. You want in by midnight, talk to the school Pharmacist. Should be in the gym, dressed like a mummy, I think. You don't know, you can think it over as long as you need to. You want out, you don't have to do a thing. No shame in any choice." Giving him a firm nod, Sigmund thumped his classmate on the shoulder and left him to think, slowly wandering back to his spot near the front of the party.

Yeah, that had gone all right.

1 Which would be impressively gutsy, but liable to get one kicked out at best and arrested at worst.
    2 Which would be downright near impossible.
    3 Which would be, on a scale from one to ten, only mostly convincing.

<OOC> Bleh, this is crap. But I need to post, so post'd.

Mana Shizuko
    Dorms

Ciara looked down at him with the superior, contemptuous look she always had. "What, sweetie? Oh, Alice, do you want me to get you some Tampax? I understand that random mood swings are often..."

She was silenced as JP crashed down, immediately getting up in Joshua's face. Well, that had to be expected. The thing on the second floor was a personal affront to him, after all.

"Wh-What are you talking about? Wh-Who did what?" Joshua exclaimed. The poor guy looked completely terrified. Of course, JP was in his face, with an absurdly large sword - insert 'compensating for something' joke here - and that had to be pretty damn terrifying. Especially if he knew nothing about the 'crime'.

Mana took a deep breath, and composed himself. "Sorry, Josh. I don't think you did it. I was just… pissed." He flashed him a smile. "Someone's put up an insulting little effigy of Theresa, along with some music. Apparently it's funny."

"Please, get that sword out of his face, and remain calm. I would love to stay and chat about whatever it is that's gotten in you two milkmaids in such a frightful state, but right now I have more important things to attend to," Ciara said with a mocking tone. She snatched Josh up and started dragging him away, pushing past Mana.

Mana glared at her back and spoke, filling his voice his own cocky, smug mockery; it was a tone that he didn't get many chances to use. "Oh dear, you had no idea? I'm so sorry. You won't mind if we talk a little, then? Well, it appeared on our floor just a couple of minutes ago. Whoever it was must live in our dorm; the mannequin's too bulky to carry about and hide easily. Whoever did it would have to be vindictive enough to make fun of someone we've lost. Looks like you just got down the stairs. You didn't hear the music? You didn't see the mannequin? I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but it doesn't take a genius to work out a damn good hunch."

JP had raised his sword above his head, a veritable storm upon his face. His teeth were gritted, and there was murder in his eyes. A rapid debate flicked through his mind as Mana considered whether or not he should intervene.

Just as Mana decided to stop the murder (the voices in his head had voted. 48 for letting it happen, 49 for stopping it, 11 abstained), JP stopped on his own. He let Josh and Ciara leave.

The music seemed to have ceased a while back. Halberd passed by, leaving a brief greeting behind him. Mana nodded, and turned to JP once Halberd had left.

“Hey, kid, thanks for that. I kinda… lost my temper there for a second," JP said. “I honestly don’t even know where… that,” he waved an imaginary sword above his head. “Where that came from…”

Mana gave him a small grin. "S'alright, bro. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have the same idea. When someone mocks someone you've lost, damn straight you want to kick their ***. I've had family die, so I know how it feels. Well, I've always got your back, man… uh, no homo."

Mana unstrung his bow, taking a deep breath of his own. "Anyway, what's this about Josh and Ciara? Either he's not gay, or the crazy b!tch is secretly a man. Not sure about you, but I'm assuming the latter. Anyway, you go ahead to the party. I'm probably not going to go. I don't even have a costume; I got caught up with Sofiya… the collar still won't come off… eh well. I'll get rid of the mannequin if you want - you've got the clothes - and we'll see if we can stir things up during Court tonight."
    Friend Code: 0404-6904-4521
    Ghost Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb

Ciara H. Wright, Gardening
    Hallowe'en Evening

She swept past Joshua's procured arm, and marched imperiously out of the dorm, as if outraged at being delayed by such imbeciles, deflecting all insults with a sharp wave of the hand. On the inside, things were bright. Everything had gone better than expected. They were falling apart, breaking inside! The whole 'not caring' thing they cultivated, well. That was gone now, wasn't it? Eventually, they seemed to have gotten a safe distance away from the losers, and that was when Ciara slowed to allow for a small conversation.

He looked at her, and that was when Ciara had a brainwave.

"Thanks. That, er... That was really looking bad for me for a sec. "

All one had to do was plant an idea. The right words, in the right place, could completely change one's opinion of another. All it took was a little change in perspective.

She smiled venomously. "Well, you know, about that..."

Ciara shifted, as if the subject made her uneasy, although actually the idea that had just come to her was more than brilliant. It was perfection itself. It was time for Joshua to see things as they really were, to see those people as the malicious vermin they were.

"He's been wandering around by himself for an awful long time. In the Court. And you know what that's like even in a group. So imagine doing all this stuff, but with nobody else to keep you in check. And on top of that, he lost that 'girlfriend of his,' so his mind was always in a delicate place over these last few months..." Ciara trailed off, to allow Joshua to fill in the blanks himself, and fiddled with her hat. He had seen for himself what that boy had done, what had lain in those eyes. She wasn't lying at all. The idiot was clearly several sandwiches short of a picnic, and she had to make Joshua realise this so that he could prepare himself.

"So what I'm saying is that he's an unpredictable variable. And that we should stay away. He wasn't a nice person to us to begin with, and he's definitely not all there any more. In fact, he could already have been corrupted by a Shadow. We don't know all that they're capable of, and after what he just did..." She shrugged and smiled innocuously, "All I'm saying is that you should watch your back. Don't trust him."

Whilst she was at it, there was always the matter of Mana. He was crazy to begin with. "And then, of course, there's the other one," Ciara remarked darkly as she now slammed the broom into the ground, punctuating how much she despised him. He got on her nerves. She hoped that that smart aleck got eaten alive for his troubles. Or that maybe something could rip out his tongue. "What an annoying brat. Unhinged, you know. Haven't you noticed? How he's always so... creepy. Dark. Emo. And that Persona of his. A psychotic little girl. The Persona represents the true self, right? So mine's a fox, yours is Lord of the Dance, God of Destruction," she smiled in a knowing way, "But a malicious, spiteful little girl that delights in death and pointless mayhem... that just says it all. And I'm not talking about his desire to become a woman, although those oestrogen injections are probably the reason he's PMSing. Something to keep in mind, I guess."

Marking an end to her 'food for thought' session, Ciara looked up into his eyes and smiled openly, fluttering her eyelashes slightly. She turned to look towards the gymnasium, where costumed partygoers were gathered in a loose assortment, and then gave her final pep-talk.

"There's one last thing."

She brushed some imaginary lint of off his shoulder as she tried to find a delicate way to word what she had to say next, so that he wouldn't be upset with her. "Everything about this look is perfect except for one thing..." she smiled primly, and treated the next sentence delicately, "You. To be frank, sweetheart, as soon as you open your mouth the mystique is ruined. So what we're going to do with this," she pointed at his face again, "Is that you're going to get into the role. You're into drama, right? Leading man material, sweeping the girls off their feet. I know the type." She winked. "So, become the Phantom. Well, not actually, that's creepy. But be... mysterious."

She linked her arm through his, hoping that he was taking what she just said in... all of it.

"You know what I mean. Shall we proceed?"

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3963-5379

Snow Fields
    at party

“A pony cowgirl?” Snow asked, puzzled at what Melissa was talking about. “I thought cowboys used horses.”

“It's a cartoon show, silly. And that's not the weirdest part. What kinds of shows do you watch?”

He shrugged. “Not much. I mean, my dad had old video tapes of Fraggle Rock, and I liked to watch those. They had a lot of fun songs.” He noticed Sig for a moment, giving him a thumbs up. He smiled a bit, but was too caught in the conversation to do much more.

She playfully nudged him. “Aw, come on, then you need to see more. You can find a lot of those shows on the internet, like that My Little Pony, and that Featherman show, I guess since you're a guy and my brother absolutely has to watch that if it's on. There's a whole bunch I love to watch.”

“How do you keep up on schoolwork then? I mean, between that, the band, and other club stuff, I don't always find a lot of time.” And what time he got was sometimes devoted to naps. Having to deal with an unspecific time of monsters at midnight didn't work well with a regular sleep schedule.

Melissa shrugged. “I do both at the same time. Drama club doesn't always take up that much time. Sometimes, if we get to talking a lot. What kind of club are you in?”

Not expecting that question, Snow stumbled through some thoughts trying to say something, but not give it away, but not make it sound too interesting. “Uh, Investigations of Midnight Phenomenon Society, or... actually, it's an astronomy astrology club and we haven't really decided on a name or what exactly it's about. Sorta a nocturnal moon thing.”

“That's weird,” Melissa said, and thankfully didn't sound interested in hearing about it further. “As long as you have fun, I guess. I have lots of fun in Drama club. I so want to suggest some Oz-based musical, since we have a munchkin on the team.” She giggled.

Feeling that he ought to stick up for him, Snow shook his head. “Nah, you should make Russell the Tin Woodsman. He'd be pretty cool with an axe.”

“Hmm, yeah, possibly.” Then she grinned, “Oo, and we can make Josh the Cowardly Lion! I really want to do that kind of play, but I don't want to play Dorothy. I want to play the good witch.”

“But her part's not very long,” he pointed out.

She leaned in closer and said quietly, “Yeah, but an excuse to wear a big poofy frilly dress without being made fun of as too old-fashioned? I'll take that in a heartbeat.”

“I see.” And to tell the truth, he didn't see many girls in dresses around Quarterman. Skirts and pants, but not dresses.

“Although if we did something Star Wars like, I'd want to try out for Princess Leia, no doubt.”

Snow smiled. “Star Wars is great. How would that work as a school production, though?”

“Probably obviously cheap. But I can watch that any time; my parents have a big movie collection. We don't have the Wizard of Oz, though.”

“Mine have a lot of movies too. Lots of Fred and Ginger ones; those are lots of fun to watch.”

“Really? I haven't seen many of those, but I hear the dancing is amazing.”

He nodded. “Yeah, it is. I wish I could dance like that, but I hadn't taken many dance lessons. I mean, a waltz, yeah, but not tap dance.”

“You know how to waltz?” Melissa asked, looking at him with wide eyes.

“You don't?” Snow asked, puzzled. When she shook her head, he considered the idea. “Well I'm not that great, but I know the basic moves.”

“Can you teach me?” She seemed hopeful of that.

He glanced at the DJ. “Well this isn't really a waltzing song; you have to have the right one. Do you know if there's going to be anything else going on at this party?”

“I dunno.” Then she put a hand to her chin. “I just hope that they do not have bobbing for apples. The last time I did that, I got one with a worm in it.”

“That's disgusting,” Snow said, making a face. Just the thought of it made his stomach turn.

“I know! It's taken me years to get over that revulsion of apples. And my mom loves to push apples on us, ugh. Well can you show me how to waltz anyhow?”

“I can try,” he said, taking her hand to go onto the dance floor with her.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Lace Condor
    Dormitory Living Room

Does she eat that many sweets? Those bags of Skittles in her room didn't get there by themselves. Lace took in Bryan's speech with applause. "Yah!" She cheered. This appreciation came at each of the boy's shouts.

"Steady the masts!" Lace nodded, fixing her hat. "Ready the cannons!" Lace shook her feet and faced the doors--warming up. "Anchors aweigh me hearties, thar we sail to the islands of wonder!"

At "wonder" she ran to the front and punted the doors open.

"Ahoy!"

Gymnasium

The double-doors of the gym shot open, sending Lace ahead of the entrance. Inside, you could see her struggling to stay calm. Squeezing her moppy hair, holding her hat for dear life, she looked around with bug eyes. "Why haven't I been inside here yet?! They have got...everything!" Emphasizing every word. Lace turned to Bryan and Russell making their way in. She tossed her hat over to one of the tables, took off her jacket and fastened it around her waist.

"This dance is going on all the way to midnight. We'll all be ready to fight when the Court happens...," she took a deep breath. "Until then," she turned to a girl beside her dressed as a pink fairy holding a red plastic cup with some kind of juice in it. Just as the girl raised it, Lace snatched it from her, "Thanks," dug in her pocket slapping a $5 bill in the girl's hand as Lace gave her a wink and started side-skipping to the crowd. She shouted back to Russell and Halberd, "We got this!" Lace downed the cup in one gulp, threw it in Ichigo Kurosaki's hoodie, yelled over the music in his ear "Soul Reapers don't wear Nike!" Grabbed the poor guy's shoulders, then leap-frogged off his back, launching herself on the top of the crowd.

A sea of hands waved Lace around the pit. The girl stretching out on her. "I can see my house from heeeerrreee!" Shouting at the ceiling. Cupping her eyes from the light Lace eyed for her mates. She spotted Sigmund by the wall talking with Levin. Still being carried afloat from the crowd, Lace sat up and shouted at the vampire.

"H-Hey! Yoo, Sigmund! Your here!" Angrily waving at him she leaned in his direction. "What're you doing over there--You got to get in this with me!" Just as he moved she was lifted up and down like a trampoline. Higher each throw. "Guys, it's ok. Just, c-chill. Chill!" Lace didn't mean a word she said. On the third lift she was thrown completely backwards in the air. A mixture of panic and excitment, Lace spun--landing on all fours. Along with the sound of marbles rolling away.

Trying hard not to bump into anyone, Lace was already on the floor scrapping up pieces calling them out by color. "Blue, orange, red, pur-?" Lace looking up in the middle of the crowd's shoes; fist tight with chocolates. "Where's purple?!" No one turned to her to the clown waxing the floor. "Watch your feet!"
    Last edited by Vivian_Bloom; 13th April 2012 at 6:01 PM. Reason: So, I'll get better?
    On Army-Training Leave:

I'll be gone from Serebii/Internet from Sept 10th - Dec 15/16th. If you want to contact me, send a PM by the first of September. Coolio!

See you guys. Be back soon. Enjoy BOSS!

\\Levin Sanders - Chariot Arcana//
    Bellow High, Outside the Gym

"... What?"

Levin was perplexed. Not so much because of what he'd just heard, but because of the gigantic mistake in evaluation he had made. Turns out, this guy was legitimately crazy, no way he was just staying in character - behind the theatrics, it was clear he actually believed what he was saying. Levin couldn't remember the last time a first impression had been so off the mark.

They hadn't wandered too far away from the Gym, but he made his way back slowly. He was in no hurry to catch up with Sigmund, and his mind was racing again. He'd learned by now that it was best to give it time to think carefully than to postpone his concerns for a later time.

"Surely he was drunk. He was by the refreshments table like myself, he probably had his share of punch. But no, his speech was coherent. And if he was deranged, he wouldn't have been admitted into Bellow anyway. And so, having ruled out the impossible..."

He stopped altogether. He'd reached the front door of the Gym, loud music - too much so - could be heard coming from inside.

"What if he's right?..."

To be honest with himself, what he had lived last night was certainly paranormal. He hadn't consumed alcohol or drugs, and the odds of him being hallucinating were minimal without an apparent reason. No, it had been real. Inconceivable, but real. And if he couldn't deny that, why should he refuse to believe Sigmund? What he said was no less believable, and provided some sort of twisted reasoning to this madness.

Levin smiled.

"Fine, let's go find that mummy."

---

"Hey grouch, over here!!"
    "Levin, come on, let's dance!!"
    "Don't just stand there, come and have fun!!"

Yes. Definitely too loud. He needed to get to the point quickly, his head was killing him. "Animals."

It was going to be a challenge finding the the pharmacist, Mr. Wulfgard, especially if he was wrapped in bandages like a fair number of other people at the party.

"Heh... worst case scenario, waiting until midnight might help filter out some unwanted mummies."

He forced himself to smile. Last time he felt so nervous was... well, last night.
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 11th April 2012 at 9:37 PM.

Joshua Sands - Tower Arcana - Monday Night - On the way to the Gym

He couldn't help but reflect on Mana's last words as he'd left with Ciara, and his hunch that Ciara was responsible for the effigy. Was she really capable of something like that? Possibly. It made him feel very uncomfortable, that here he was, essentially her date for the evening, and she was mocking a young woman in a coma, who had saved Joshua's life in the Court. He remembered it well, having just stabbed himself to save JP from Shadow Izzy... Theresa was the one who healed his wound. He would've bled to death otherwise, unless Snow or someone had come along. But still, she was the one he owed his life to.

But all this was besides the point. Mana's hunch was just a hunch. There was no proof of Ciara's involvement, though at the same time, nothing to disprove it. He decided to push it out of his mind, it wasn't as though he would have it in him to bring it up anyway. Why spoil the evening? Yeah, that was the reason, or so he'd keep telling himself.

And then he had even MORE to reflect on as Ciara made points about JP and Mana, including the possibility of JP being possessed... He had become so distant from the group, even patrolling alone during the Court. Joshua knew he was tough, tougher than most of the group, but how had he kept himself safe over these months? The only other person who'd gone it alone ONCE had come back with a broken arm. It was possible, but highly unlikely, surmised Joshua - could the Shadows even exist outside the Court, even if they were possessing someone? Could they even do that anyway? He should probably bring it up with Wulfgard, just in case. But the point that he was something of a loose cannon right now... Well, he couldn't argue with that.

As for Mana, he found that less easy to accept. He knew Mana better, and he liked him for his witty sarcasm. And he'd seen the first time Mana summoned his Persona, and his complete freakout, as though he'd seen a ghost. Maybe he was. Could something in Mana's past have affected his Persona? Not to mention Ciara's sheer contempt for him, which was almost certainly colouring her views. Yes, Mana obviously had issues... But to speak of him like that... Well, he wasn't sure he liked it. But yes, he should probably be watched out for.

The seeds of doubt had been sown, though only one had completely taken root. The other might take some time.

And then an abrupt change of topic. She wanted him to be "mysterious"? The look was fine, just as long as his words matched apparently... Well, how hard could it be? Anything to make her happy he supposed, it was her birthday tomorrow... She took his arm, and smiled at him, shamelessly manipulative as ever.

"You know what I mean. Shall we proceed?"

"Yes... Let's." They walked in, easily the most dressed up pair at the party. Oops. Well, at least they were still in costume, they were just slightly more formal about it. And he had to admit, Ciara looked fabulous in her black dress, which certainly highlighted her- Eyes front mister! If she'd caught you. you'd be screwed. And not in the good way. The party itself was fairly standard. Mostly awkward teens too nervous to dance without any liquor in them, but would undoubtedly loosen up as the night went on. Joshua spooned out two plastic cups of punch for himself and Ciara, and looked around for the rest of their group. He was fairly sure Miyuki and Izzy should've been here by now... He still wasn't keen on Izzy, but nonetheless... Lace was being her usual hyperactive self (Joshua knew exactly how Ciara was sneering about her in his head, and how she was probably about to vocalise it), Sigmund was speaking to the boy who'd been pulled into the court last night - so he probably remembered what had happened, and Snow was with one of the girls from Drama Club. Joshua did a double-take. Snow? With a date? Hot damn. He felt a slight tinge of pride in his young friend, who was growing up to be exactly the sort of musical pretty boy girls liked.

... Ciara was rubbing off on him. Not that way.

Oh, what the hell... Better say something before she says something about Lace anyway. "So, do you want to... dance or anything?" So yeah, that whole mysterious thing... Not happening. That was just awkward of him. Brilliant. "I'm still getting used to this whole mysterious thing?" he smiled, as though the awkwardness was just a joke.
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Russell Wilton
    Dorm’s Living Area

Lace took his commentary to her idea rather well; it kind of surprised him. It made Russell think that maybe she wasn’t as crazy as he thought. She so cheerfully decided to go back to her room and change out of her ninja gear and went skipping up the stairs. Leaving him alone with Halberd... He began to talk admiring his costume... though it was the Drama Club’s... As he talked the man redhead got one big impression... someone was awfully excited. It seems the Scottish upperclassman was all excited about the Halloween Party; even the mature Halberd knew how to have fun. This made Russell the only person who wasn’t really looking forward to it... that he knew.

The long-hair guy left for something he could add to his costume leaving him alone. He wondered if he should go to his room a drop off his schoolbag. He could just bring it with him and finish his homework if he found a nicely lit place..... Do homework at a party; yup just for the thought Russell was a stick-in-the-mud. He would rather do homework than go to a party; maybe it was time to pick up a new hobby. He was a bit interested in boxing nowadays since Sigmund just looked so cool throwing punches and such; however, he doubt he’d would have a similar image. Also the fourteen year old felt he should concentrate on the weapons he already had. He could certainly use it but wasn’t anything extraordinary like everyone else and their weapon. He just didn’t have a talent for fighting yet his stubbornness pushed him to try to get better at it.

He decided to make a trip quickly to his room, drop his bag off and come back... The teen was going to the party, if not to just ease the worry of the Drama Club members. On his way up he saw the manikin in the hall. Even with his horrid vision he could easily recognize the style of the clothing. Never really meant to but after first seeing ‘Terri’ in this hallway with a weapon strapped to her back, his eyes would unconsciously lock on to her style of clothing. Though he didn’t see much as ‘she’ was taken away by JP and Mana but there was definitely a hint of hostility and sorrow in the air so the visual before it taken down must not have been something good. It made him frown thinking anyone would make fun of such an upsetting thing; since the older lady seem like a nice person for the short moment he knew her.

Russell continued to his room dropping off his bag and picking up his Midnight Expedition bag. His costume lacked pockets and he need something to carry his glasses in. The dusky brown bag didn’t clash with the outfit. There also wasn’t anything suspicious in the bag especially since their gun evoker has been replaced with a card. Why a card would have the same affect as a gun; the redhead didn’t know but it was less nerve-racking than the gun. Tossing the bag over his shoulder Russell quickly made it to the lounge area and amazingly before Lace and Halberd. Lace was... interestingly dressed. If she hadn’t told him she was some kind of clown thing he certainly wouldn’t have guessed it... was the ketchup and mustard on her?

“Just in case there is a Court tonight,” There was a Court every night it’s just that nothing as bad as when they first join has happened in nearly two months. Now that the older guy had said it was almost guaranteed that the night would be curse with something bad. “I strongly advise that nobody consume any illegal substances before midnight. Or eat too many sweets.” The sweets comment was definitely pointed towards Lace. He likes sweets but he could easily live without it. The statement before that is what got his attention.

“How would we even obtain illegal substances?” Suddenly blurted out at the random advice to them; candy was a likely one since Lace seem to have an endless supply of it stored up in her room. There were even some stray skittles in the bag she had tossed. But both of them were freshman and anyone mistaken them for 21 was impossible. Well guess in some places 18 was a drinking age but he was certain he couldn’t even get away with that. People outside of school tend to think he was in middle school. Only way they were getting any was if someone supplied it to them and no one, he knew, was that stupid to supply minors with liquor. And with the excitement of the other two of the group members Russell went along with them to the party.

Bellow High Gymnasium

The party atmosphere was just as Russell imagined: dim lighting impairing his vision worse than normal, large crowd of people who were loudly speaking to one other and overall it seem like a joyous celebration that he alone wasn’t really into. He hadn’t put his glasses on so the freshman was having a difficult time making out anyone other than Pirate Captain Halberd and the Condiment Clown Lace but that was only because they were close by. And then Lace was gone from his seeable view as she ran into crowd, somehow though he could still managed to hear her screaming above the many people before she completely left his hearing range... He followed Halberd and happened to see Lace throw her punch cup in someone’s hood and jump over them... that was rather rude. The teen would now add to his earlier statement that the redheaded girl wasn’t as crazy as he thought, she was absolutely crazier...

There really wasn’t much to do but he couldn’t really see much around the gym area; the redhead was refusing to put his glasses on in such a public setting even though no one would probably notice. It seems like everyone was either dancing or talking and he couldn’t dance. He decided to get some food while the night was still young... Russell didn’t like eating near Court time. He decided to check out the table to see what they had anything other than punch.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

I dressed two of my Pokémon this time. This is Muscle and Bunny my lovely-dovey pair. I hope you are loved this Valentine's Day.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation
    Left and right for information

Randy Clopin
    Halloween Party
    Monday- 8:15 PM

“-And so then I lead both the girls back to my hot-tub, where we share some sweet lovin', and bang all night long.... sound believable to you?” Ned asked, leaning on the punch table, a small translucent glass in his had, colored red from the liquid inside. His audience (A rather exasperated Halls, Randy, and Phil) all took a moment to grade his tale. Halls spoke up first, leaning over the table to get a good look at the boy in the dim lighting.

“Now, Edward, that's woefully inappropriate to be talking about in front of a woman... and your teacher, don't you think?”

“It's Ned, 'mam.” The boy offered lightly. He was met with a small smack to the face, courtesy of the witch.

“Don't correct me. I'm not done anyway. Now, when you tell this story do you intend to be wearing a dress? That tends to damage it's already questionable credibility.” A wry smile spread over Hall's face after the dig, causing Phil to spit out his punch (some through his nose) onto the dance floor, and begin laughing hysterically.

“Dammit!”

“Language, Loganson!”

Ned slammed his cup down on the table, and walked off ranting something about 'Phil's stupid effin idea', leaving his brother laughing his *** off behind him, and Randy to stare at Miss Halls, jaw open in shock and awe. He'd been thinking the same thing to be honest... but he didn't think Miss Halls would be the one to rib at him for his costume.

“What's wrong Clopin? Cat got your tongue?” She asked, moving back to her standing position. She took a couple of seconds to adjust her hat, and smooth out her dress over her curves, something Phil seemed to be taking notice of as his laughter calmed down. Damn idiot. “It's rude to stare, Loganson. Also, you've got a bit of punch right here.” To illustrate her point, she raised her hand and dabbed under her nose.

Embarrassed, Phil made clear he lacked a napkin and hurried off from his teacher.

“So, Clopin.” She turned to Randy, who carefully sipped his glass of punch. Great... he was the only one left. She'd already picked off Phil and Ned... “Seems you're the last one. Braver than your buddies I suppose.” Randy shrugged and took one more small sip. Not much he could really say... at all.

“Oh, gonna keep quiet, eh? Fine. Stick around if you want.” She seemed to have given up her game, in preference for her job at this point, although he could see she was looking at him from the side, almost amused... as if she knew he was getting nervous. Randy held back a sigh, afraid she'd see it as a sign of weakness. At the moment, he was still glad to have even a shred of dignity. For the same reason, he chose to stay in the same damn spot, completely still, staring Miss Halls down.

The rest of the party was a blank. At one point, Izzy and Miyuki stood by the table as well, but he didn't bother talking to them (har har...), a bit out of embarrassment, and a bit out of not wanting to quit this little game.
    He only stopped when someone small and dressed in a white ghost sheet ran up to him and kicked his shin before running off once more. Causing him to gasp out in pain and drop his cup so that he might grab his tender area and hop around for a couple of seconds. He wanted to scream 'why', but his sore vocal cords got the better of him, making it sound like a small sputter instead.

And then he fell over.

Izzy Simone
    Halloween Party
    Monday- 8:20 PM

"Well, what do you think? I don't usually wear anything like this, so I'm not sure how it looks."

Izzy knew his answer to the question. It was cute, esspecially with the little twirl. But he held back his answer. He'd watched television... what is this was one of those 'women traps'? Like... if he answered he'd get his throat torn out or something. He didn't know what she was dressed up as. What if it was supposed to be some kind of monster, and he'd insult her costume?

"The costume idea just came naturally, I didn't even need any make-up."

See... she prided it! What could he say? That she was scary? What if she was just supposed to look Japanese? A Japanese Lady with Ice. That's... possible. Albeit unlikely. Still... was he willing to take the risk.
    Possibly.
    He did want to compliment her... that was always a good thing, right?

“It's really cu-” He began, before someone passing by knocked into him. He only caught a slight glimpse of flannel and blonde hair before losing his balance, falling neatly into Miyuki's arms. Izzy's face immediately matched the trim on his jacket, and his goggles slowly fell to his eyes, covering them up. As quick as he could, he stood up, and tried to laugh it off, nervously, and find anything to talk about. Anything at all.

“Hey would you look at that? Randy's having a staring contest with Miss Halls. Liza won't be happy about...” Izzy began before raising his hands to his mouth, terrified that he'd let something slip. He ignored a confused look from Miyuki and searched for any excuse to take a break from interaction.

“I HAVE TO PEE!” He screamed, running to the bathroom, and leaving Miyuki behind. Or at least he tried. Not two feet from her, he tripped on his own feet, and fell down face first. A crack was barely audible through the din of the crowd, but Miyuki was close enough to hear the goggles smack the ground. I single hand rose into the air, with it's index finger pointed upwards “Look on the bright side... I didn't land on you this time.” And as if he finally grasped his manhood in his moment of pain. "By the way... the costume's really cute on you."

Garret Wulfgard
    Halloween Party
    Monday- 9:25 PM

The party was... stranger than he expected.
    A small group of nerdy looking students had gathered around Space Case and had decided to start dancing... they were about the only ones doing so so happily. Most of the couples stayed off to the sides and talked. Speaking of couples talking, Izzy seemed to be having a nice time with Miyuki until he face faulted... again. Ciara (who didn't seem like a party person) was dragging Josh by his collar like a dog. Randy was just staring at Halls... an act that bothered him more than it should have. Or he was until Liza ran up and kicked him. Good girl. Testa was ballroom dancing (As inappropriate as it was for this kind of party) with his sister just a second ago...

But he wasn't there now.

Odd... he should have been keep a watch on the students. After quickly scanning the room, and seeing no threat of hostile outbreak or sign of Jones, Garret popped open the door he was standing next to and slipped outside as quietly as he could.
    -

Testa Jones
    Track Stadium
    Monday- 9:40 PM

“HRRRG!”

**THUNK!**

Testa stepped back for a second to admire his toss, taking a long drag on the cigarette hang out of his mouth in the process.
    The white light of the stadium gave the illusion of daylight, leaving the sand looking a pure as ever. Jones himself was standing at the sand pit, while a set of large foam dummies were set about 40 yards ahead of him. No less than a dozen bright orange plastic javelins protruded from the dolls, plucked directly from the track team supplies.

“This is great.” Jones confirmed with himself. Stepping back a few feet to pick up another throwing spear. “Been a while since I've been able to do this.” The distance was child's play, but hitting the target's dead on? Well, he wasn't doing so bad for how long he'd been out of practice. While he was hitting the targets, quite a few orange bars were sticking up out of the field as well.

“TESTA!”

Now who could that be?
    Jones turned around to find his brother in law still in his Mummy costume. He removed the cigarette from his mouth and stomped it out in the sand.
    “Hey, Garret.” He shouted, offering a smile, but then returning to his game. With a powerful toss, Jones let his new javelin soar... right into the sand not an inch away from the target. “Aww...”

Garret decided to wait to get closer before confronting Testa, placing his hand on his shoulder.

“Hey, buddy, why are ya out here?” Testa raised his hand and rubbed the back of his head.

“You know... just releasing some steam. I told Haruka I was going to take a smoke. Didn't really lie.” Dropping the new javelin he'd picked up, he decided to turn and talk.

“Dude... I didn't know you got steamed.” Garret commented, the comment sound a bit more like a joke than a serious observation.

“Well... a lot's been going on you know. With all the crazy things happening here... that Apathy stuff. It's just nice doing something I'm good at again.” Jones remarked, gesturing to the field of dummies and spears ahead.

“The toss?” Garret asked, rolling with the conversation. “I thought you were a boxer.” As if to lighten the mood, Garret picked up a mock stance and jabbed at Testa's chest a few times.

“Well, the school preferred the boxing team back then. We got a lot of attention. Other groups? Not so much.” Testa seemed to enjoy the new turn in the conversation, as if it were getting his mind of something unpleasant. He was smiling again. “I was better at Javelin Toss by far. I dabbled in the rest of track, but I always preferred this.”

“I see...” Garret looked around. He did seem to be quite good at it... but he wasn't really an expert on Track stuffs. “...Well, are you ready to get back? I bet Haruka's waiting for you. We've got a long night ahead of us. Let's not waste our Haru given breaks just yet.”

“Yeah... I guess so.”
    Last edited by Zincspider; 11th April 2012 at 11:15 PM.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

<//JP- Lovers Arcana//3
    <//Bellow Dorms//3

It pleased JP to hear Mana talking about loss. He felt they could relate... He’d ask more about the kid’s past, but frankly his mind wasn’t in the right place to have such a deep conversation. He needed to relax, to do something to think straight.

He could always cook.

"Anyway, what's this about Josh and Ciara? Either he's not gay, or the crazy b!tch is secretly a man. Not sure about you, but I'm assuming the latter. Anyway, you go ahead to the party. I'm probably not going to go. I don't even have a costume; I got caught up with Sofiya… the collar still won't come off… eh well. I'll get rid of the mannequin if you want - you've got the clothes - and we'll see if we can stir things up during Court tonight."
    JP thought about offering his sword to try and break that collar, but the possibility of decapitating Mana didn’t really appeal to him that time of day. Not to mention it would end up ruining his appetite. Speaking of ruining appetite...

“I think Josh is just curious, and is starting out by finding the closest embodiment of both genders he can. Ciara fits that pretty well. At least she looks female. We’ll need to make note of checking her Adam’s apple, or see if she pads her bra. Failing that, I expect you to volunteer to grope her nether regions. At worse, you’ll confirm our suspicions – any eventual castration a risk you need to take – and at best you’ll have a handful of the reason why I love them b!tches.”

He let that sink in as he made his way to the kitchen. Most of the dorm had been emptied by now; good riddance, if you asked him.

“And I wasn’t planning on hitting that party either. The best parts would only happen after I’d be beaten to a bloody pulp by the court. And explaining why your clothes just inexplicably ripped while you kissed is a difficult thing.”

He turned to Mana and mouthed “believe me” before he entered the kitchen area. He began speaking louder so Mana could hear him.

“Anyway, I’m hungry and there’s this risotto recipe I’ve been meaning to try out. Wanna be my guinea-pig? I always overcook when I’m trying on a new recipe.”

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast