Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Persona- Burn On, Shining Souls!

Snow
    Court of Miracles

"Hey, Snow?" Lace asked, next to where she was checking on Clarise "Since the nights over, I just wanted to know if, you're doing anything, tomorrow. It's just that, we've never had any time to relax, you know? We can go get something to eat, look around town, do something fun. If that's alright with you. Just -- anything's okay."

“Something after school? Sure, that'd be good. I was thinking of checking something in the library, but that shouldn't take long.” Maybe they could talk about some things to help everyone work together better. This night had been much worse than other nights when the Shadow selves appeared, and he could only guess that such things would only get worse.

When the court finally ended, he found himself back in the Gym at the Halloween party that was dying down. Most people weren't noticing anything different about them, at least not yet. It was a moment where he felt how different they were; the other people were still involved in the fun and lighthearted mood of the costume party, while they were all worn out after a long grueling battle for their lives and minds. At least no one was dead after tonight.

But Clarise still wasn't waking up. She didn't seem to be like the usual victims of Shadows, at least not yet. Leaving Lace with her, Snow went over to the table where Wulfgard was caught in a dropped conversation with Ms. Halls. “Excuse me, Wulfgard? There's something wrong with Clarise.” Once he could get away from the other teacher, Snow could explain how Shadow Sigmund had hid in her mind and that was why. That just wouldn't make sense to someone not involved.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

OOC: Hmm, I've been gone for two weeks and I haven't missed much. I really like the pace of this RPG now. Heck, I really like this RPG in itself. Though I agree that three Shadows in one night was a bit much. But then again, tonight was Halloween after all, so it's special. And since I'm kinda in a rush to post now, I won't do too much recapping:
    IC:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Halberd
    Tail End of the Court of Miracles

So the stone-winged Shadow was an illusion. No wonder she didn't take any damage. Luckily Randy had the Beast find the real Shadow. Which got Halberd thinking. Either Randy had two Personas, or his Persona was a were-beast or something. Because he clearly remembered Randy having Vigilante as his Persona. A more-or-less human Persona, like Alice and Scathach. He remembered his very first Court, the one that featured Shadow Izzy and his dagger game. While he was trying to fight Shizzy, Shizzy tried to use Zio on him, but Randy summoned Vigilante who pushed him out of the way. He remembered being impressed at how strong Vigilante was to be able to push someone as big as him aside so effortlessly and pin him against a wall. Perhaps superhuman strength was common to most Personae. But yes, he clearly remembered Vigilante. So who was this mysterious beast?

While Halberd had been busy thinking about Randy's Persona, there was a tussle with the real Shadow Ciara, a feeble-looking crone. He didn't pay much attention to her... until she encased the real Ciara in a crystal and mentioned something about how she was about to die. Halberd had immediately rushed over to her and pounded the crystal with all his might, but it wouldn't so much as crack. And his efforts were for naught anyway, for the crystal vanished moments after, leaving Ciara lying on the floor. Halberd reached down and sat her up, asking if she was okay, but she didn't respond. And then everything slowly faded to black...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Bellow High Gymnasium

And the next thing he knew, he was holding not Ciara, but a plate with a half-eaten piece of brain-shaped gelatin on it. He grimaced at the sight, wondering how the hell did he come to be in this... oh right, the Court must have ended without him realising it. Whew. Finally. They had been up against three Shadows that night! Wow! Halloween was special indeed. It did make sense that it was, though, since Halloween night is a time when all supernatural phenomena are amplified and otherworldly happenings run amok.

Right, what was he doing now? Checking to see if Ciara was okay? Where was she anyway? The last he saw of her, she was in the dorms pulling some twisted prank involving a Theresa clone. He didn't even know if she was there now, or if she had gone to the party instead. Wait a minute, he did see her briefly at the party, dancing with Joshua as far as he could remember. Just now he saw Joshua leave the gym and head back to the dorms apparently. He kinda had something to say to him, but decided it could wait until morning. Ciara had a much higher priority now.

"Ciara! Where are you?" Halberd called, ignoring the other people at the party for now, picking up his tri-cornered hat off the table and putting it back on as he went.

"Why are you looking for her?" a nearby girl wearing cat ears and and a tail and black clothing as skimpy as the school rules would allow taunted. "You're totally not her type. And where's your eye patch, Mr. Lame-Excuse-For-A-Pirate?"

Halberd decided to ignore her, though he did have to admit she sounded like Ciara just now, but certainly didn't look like her. Ciara was way prettier than this filthy alley cat. Gah, now Halberd caught the Ciara disease too! How is that even possible? But he had searched around without hope for a few seconds before he spotted Snow and Wulfgard-sensei and Ms. Halls sitting at a table. After a final look for Ciara, he decided to sit down next to them.

"Have any of you seen Ciara anywhere?" Halberd asked them. "I'm really worried about her--she was still unconscious the last I saw her." A pause. "Anyway, gosh, I can't believe we still have class tomorrow... And I have to deal with fencing practice afterward. Ah well, I think I'll make it. Snow, how are you feeling?"

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Lace Condor
    Court of Miracles

“Something after school? Sure, that'd be good. I was thinking of checking something in the library, but that shouldn't take long.”

Good job, Snow. Smart decisions, smart choices!

"Great! I'll check in with you with later." Lace was just walking off when she kneed down from a jolt of pain that shot up her leg. That Dia spell might as well have been a bandage. She bit her teeth and took some quick, sharp breaths as she got back up and walked out the street.

Gymnasium

Clarise, still sleeping, sat with her back against the wall. On the floor, Lace, completely stretched out, had her head resting on the girl's leg. Lace, looking outside at the town, reached down and scooped the last of her snacks. There was a green bag sitting on her shirt, a violet-colored wrapper being squeezed and stretched in Lace's hands, and a plastic dispenser resting in Clarise's open hand. "So how do you think it went tonight?" Lace would take a break from her snacking, peek up at Clarise's face, and say a few things. It was always just for a moment. "Cold, I mean that's got to be one thing. Well, you were out for the last two." Lace's mouth was full as she brought her up to speed on the poetic adaptation of Shadow Sigmund's end.

A small plastic cup filled with juice made its way from the snack table to Clarise's private lunch room in the corner. There was a family-sized bag of chips boxing her in, a liter of drink and other goodies on patrol. Lace was leaning over the table with an empty cup in her hand, feeling very sick. She popped her head over her arms and spotted Wulfgard a little ways up. Snow and Halberd were with him. "Guy must be tired." Lace muttered, about ready to drop herself, she dragged herself from the table back to get Clarise for the last time tonight. With the girl over her back, Lace grit her teeth to keep from screaming out at her leg as she stealthily snuck through the exit.

About an hour later, in Lace's room at the dorms, Clarise, kidnapped and wearing no shoes now, was fast asleep on Lace's bed underneath the covers. The lights clicked off and Lace, now in her pajamas, lazily cracked the blinds to let just a little moonlight envelop the room. "It's going to be a long day tomorrow." She stretched herself out on the carpet. "First thing in the morning, I'm headed to Wulfgard for my leg. Well, we're goin' there." Tilting her head up at the bed, Clarise didn't stir. Lace curled up and wished her friend good night before closing her eyes.
    Last edited by Vivian_Bloom; 30th July 2012 at 6:55 PM. Reason: changin' stuff
    On Army-Training Leave:

I'll be gone from Serebii/Internet from Sept 10th - Dec 15/16th. If you want to contact me, send a PM by the first of September. Coolio!

See you guys. Be back soon. Enjoy BOSS!

~ Miyuki Tachibana ~
    - Gymnasium -

Shadow Ciara... was an illusion? That was the apparent truth.

At least, as far as Miyuki could figure out. After the rather odd series of events that resulted in Shadow Ciara's demise, the Court finally came to an abrupt end. Not one, not two, but three Shadow Selves this time around. And if Shadow Ciara could be trusted at all (doubtful) then they were apparently working together. That was a truly frightening thought. They were deadly enough on their own, but if the remaining Shadow Selves pulled together... Miyuki didn't want to think about what might happen. They had lost enough people already.

The Court came to an end, popping Miyuki back from... wherever she had wandered to during the Court and dropped her right back into the Gymnasium. The sudden influx of music, voices, lights, and other sensations was so disorienting, Miyuki actually felt a bit sick for a moment. She still hadn't quite adjusted to that transition. The jump into the Court was simple enough, especially since you knew exactly when to expect it. But the jump back was a different story. It was sudden, and without warning.

Once the disorientation passed, Miyuki found herself right back where he had been what felt like ages ago. Standing in the side of the Gymnasium in front of an equally confused looking Izzy. They had been... talking or something before the Court started. About what Miyuki couldn't really remember at the moment. She just traded glances with Izzy until she gathered her wits about her enough to say something.

"I guess we made it." she said. "They're getting stronger."

She looked down, realizing that she was still holding her shield. Oh well, no need to worry about it now. She could just say it was a costume prop or something.

"I'm getting worried." she said to Izzy. "I don't want to lose anyone else, but I don't know how long we can keep this up. I know we have to do it, but... its hard. Its hard to watch your friends risking their lives like that. I need to get stronger. I need to be able to protect everyone." She looked back at him. "You understand, right?"

She shook her head. "I'm sorry. I should go, I'm really tired. You should get some rest too, okay?"

After excusing herself from the party, Miyuki returned to her dorm. Her thoughts wandered as she drifted off to sleep. Thinking about her friends, thinking about the Court and the threat of the Shadows, wondering if she would even live long enough for it to matter.
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Watch your step! Sig Under Construction!

Russell Wilton
    Court of Miracles---> Outside in the Gymnasium Area

Attacking wasn't working on the Shadow Ciara, it was like another Shadow Liza minus the at least something look like it would happen if they made contact. People were being heal and making up plans Russell believed could tell thanks to his bad vision; the crack in the lens didn't do him any favorites either. The suddenly the shadow turned to a shrivel up, bitter, thinks she know everything old woman... To the freshman it fit Ciara like a glove, but that he was going to say it out loud; no need to outright make enemies in the group. Things went a bit fast but for certain Ciara tried to attack her shadow was engulf in some strange thing and something seem to happen to Joshua as well but quite quickly the shadow was gone and they slipped out of the Court of Miracles back to their original locations.

Before Russell had the chance to process the whole night, he was outside where he was before away from the buildings. Even though the court had ended he was still feeling the advert effects and fatigue that came with a night running around through a mirror maze, being near an explosion zone, get attack by bear and having a shadow granny spam wide range magical attacks. There was still a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach from the sight of his own blood; he put his back to a tree, sat down and took a deep breath. He should have been used to this by now; but tonight was a bit much. He rest his forehead on his hand for a moment before staring at his clothes; holes along the right side the freshman wouldn't be wearing these clothes again anytime soon. Though the biggest problem was his glasses, now with an annoying crack... A much bigger problem than rip clothes. He hated to admit it but without them he would be stumbling around at night; and glasses aren't cheap. Before he was pulled into the Court of Miracles he barely used them, so he didn't have a spare to fall back on if something happened to them. It looked like he had something else to think about...

The redhead decided to stop thinking about it. Russell was absolutely exhausted and just wanted to go back in to his room and try to get some sleep before another school day but a part of him was worried. It was such an intense night with three deadly opponents and he was a concern about the others. Especially Lace, he hope her crazy stunt didn't get her too injured. He pulled himself to his feet and head through the dark toward the gymnasium. Most people quickly made their departure some he spotted were from the Court of Miracles, they seem alright if not a tire. He opened the door slightly and peer inside there weren't many people left so he was able to spot out the few people that remain: Snow, Halberd and Mr. Wulfgard were gathered in a area, then there was Lace and Clarise. Even though she avoid being kill that night it seem she still wasn't conscious. Maybe it was due to her energy being drain for harboring a shadow inside of her... or maybe she'd turned into out like that other girl quiet and unresponsive, Apathy Syndrome. Only time could tell. Lace hoisted the girl on her back and exited... she didn't seem to notice him as she focus on carrying and walked with a slight limp. An injured leg particularly bad but since she could walk on it meant that it at least wasn't broken...

A yawn escaped and the freshman gave under his eyes a rub. With his anxiety over his friends and other midnight fighters was mostly relieved; he started heading back. He would have to get more confirmation tomorrow during/after school. Right now he really didn't want to stay up longer nor really had the energy for it. There was school but before that was his morning training. Russell felt that he needed to train harder and become, even if it only a little at a time, stronger. Then maybe... there was away he could protect himself and the people he cares about. Maybe then he'll be able to end the court all together and save others from the cruel fates that often comes with the court... Even with that new goal to work toward, the redhead wondered if that was enough to just get stronger as it seem everything they do was often useless. It was really a bitter, hopeless feeling yet giving up was the only thing he couldn't do. He had to keep fighting; it was all a young teen like him could do.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

Say hello to Rascal, he is a naughty little Articuno but he wants to be a true adventurer one day. Feed him lots of spicy berries and help him grow big and stronger.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation
    Left and right for information

<//JP- Lovers Arcana//3
    <//Court of Miracles//3

A quick succession of unpredictable, ground-shaking events will make any man loose his gatherings, no matter how calm and collected their temperament is. Shinai’s appearance in the Court, as well as Shinai itself, would alone be enough to leave the teenager grasping at straws at the immensity of the Court – the little group he used to tag with being the unique universe of the Court seemed like a given fact to him. But more and more pedestrians seemed to be sucked in as the Court’s range grew and grew further.

It comes as something obvious that the smart ones would eventually develop their own agendas, aided by the crippling sanity caused by wandering the Court alone (something JP was overly familiar with.)

“Egg?”

But there comes a time when a random, unpredictable event does the exact opposite of that. It dispels the confusion brought by doubt and brings forth a new, simple vision, that all too often leads one to their answer. Or, at least, helps them get a better grasp of it.

JP couldn’t help but let out a short laugh. For a moment, the fear of coming home to find his former mates dead all but vanished. His head felt that much more clear, too, being freed of anxiety and guilt (if only momentarily.)

“Sure, why not?”
    And with a smile on his face, he lifted the small egg, being careful not to crush the gentle shell. He wasn’t sure what kind of trance that simple, idiotic joke had put him on, but simply looking at the surface of the egg – both smooth and craggy – relaxed him.

He didn’t even notice the skies changing colors nor that feeling of spatial confusion the end of the Court often brings. It was only the sudden presence of a crowd pushing and pulling its way down the messy, Halloween day streets that awoke him from his state of supreme relaxation.

He was back at the place he started: just a couple of minutes down the road from the hospital, not far from the place he’d parked his bike. His plan had worked, apparently: the Court had recognized the clothes as Theresa’s (it probably helped that those were her favourite battle gear) and left them at her side when it ended.

That same logic had left Jones’ egg in JP’s grasp, too. Well, no matter, it’s Halloween after all. A broken egg on the flower would hardly get him in trouble.

And so, after having carelessly discarded the egg – most likely messing someone’s costume in the process – he ran to his bike, which he proceeded to floor until he reached the place he’d imagine would give him the best briefing of the night he could get: the Bellow High Dorms.

OOC: ALL RIGHT! I'm back in the game >D
    Also, bonus points to anyone noticing JP's reactions to pretty much anything that happens to him are getting odd and somewhat bizarre.

Garret Wulfgard
    Bellow High Gymnasium
    November 1st, 12:20 AM

The party didn't last much longer after the Court ended. It had already gone on much longer than originally intended, and it seemed that both the teachers and students were bored with it at this point. But even this fatigue wasn't what caused its death. It was more the fact that in a split second, two of the party goers slumped to the ground and refused to wake up. Clarise and Ciara.

There was a panic after Clarise was found near Lace, who was woken up and sent off to her dorm (Ciara was woken up without too much trouble, and she trudged off without so much as a word to anyone else). Everyone in attendance seemed to think that the girl had been struck by Apathy Syndrome. To be fair, with the recent events it was the logical conclusion. Garret had to go through great lengths to assure then that she wasn't a victim of the epidemic. She was obviously disturbed by something. Groaning and occasionally screaming in her dreamlike state.

-

Students watched as the ambulance carrying Clarise went off into the distance.
    Garret wanted to attribute her symptoms to a trauma induced coma of sorts, but he really wasn't sure if that was the correct term. Instead, he vied to keep his mouth shut, resisting the urge to diagnose something he had no expertise in.

Garret didn't meet the eyes of any of his 'students' as he walked away from the school, and to Testa's van. He couldn't bring himself to do so. He'd proven himself useless once more. He wasn't sure what happened to Clarise. He hadn't even been able to see it. With a simple wish, he was removed from the rest of the group. That damn clown succeeded in separating him with no effort.

Why? Why did these shadows play with them? Why did they give them a chance? If that jester or what not wanted to kill them, he could probably pop their heads like so many zits with a thought. That maze could have bisected each and every one of them with it's summons if positioned right.
    It was if they enjoyed torturing them... or 'Court' was a more apt name than he'd ever thought for the hellish place.

Deciding to clear his mind of the thoughts, he reached over to the old radio, and popped in the old 'Loverboy' cassette. Not really his first choice in music, but with a system this old, his choices were limited.

“Touch that dial! Turn me on! Start me like a motor, make me roar! Lovin' every minute of it...”

Garret began to tap his fingers against the steering wheel, having remembered the old hard rock tune by heart by now.
    Regardless of everything else, it was time to go home. Back where he could forget about the Court for 23 or so hours.

Testa Jones
    Jones Residence
    12:30 AM

Testa sat in the kitchen, the bag of groceries he'd 'bought' lying abandoned near the door to the hallway. At the moment, he had more to think about than his wife's milk spoiling.

He was sure he'd made that trip. He'd walked to the grocery store, met JP, and then... he was back in front of the house, his hand held in front of him as if he were holding a cigarette. A couple inches in front of him, the bag of eggs fell to the ground, crushing every single one. The milk was lucky enough to not pop on impact, but it was just as gooey as the bag at the moment.

But that bag was the only thing assuring him that he hadn't dreamt it all... The blood on the houses, the empty streets, the yellow moon. It all had to be real.
    His mind raced, trying to piece together the information he possesed.

By checking the clock inside of the house, he seemed to have popped back at around 12:00 in the morning, give or take a few minutes. But he was willing to bet it was 12:00 on the dot. Midnight. A time like that held too much power to not have some relation to his experience. Well, either it was supernatural, or he'd been drugged. But he was almost certain he'd taken nothing. And the chances of someone slipping him something without his knowledge were slim to none. Even if it was some hallucinogen, it wasn't anything he'd ever had to deal with before. No drug he could think of could have that effect on the human mind. But he wasn't a pharmacist.

But he did know one. One that lived under his roof.

Garret.

Well... it was a long shot, but Testa prepared to get a few things out of his brother in law before the night was over.

-
    (OOC: Well, it's short, but it ends the night. Begin your school days, but don't end them. Your post should probably get you to lunch. I have something planned for the day, so don't go skipping to your clubs, and for heavens sake don't change anything about the school without asking me first.)
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

Snow
    dorms, morning

The loud sound of a harsh buzz jerked him awake, but it turned out only to be his alarm clock. Last night had been exhausting and his head was bleary. However, there was still school today. There was a moment of temptation to just stay in the dorms and sleep. That would be nice... but no, that would be disappointing to his parents. And in their memory, he ought to keep up as best he could.

After half a minute of fumbling to find the right button, Snow got out of bed and checked on the time. Six, so he went to the bathroom and took a shower to help himself wake up. The cool water did get him alert, but it also made his bleariness turn into a small cluster of pain clawing at the inside of his head. After finishing cleaning, he went back to his room and got out some strong aspirin to deal with it. He put the aspirin bottle in his school bag just in case, along with the day's supplies, then headed downstairs to get some breakfast.

He noticed a calender on the bulletin board; it was still on October. Most likely none of the Persona users had been of mind to address that last night, and what few residents that weren't hadn't changed it either. Who were they? They kept to themselves, or hung out with friends, or had moved out in the past couple of months, so since he didn't see them at training or in the Court, he didn't know those neighbors. Well, whoever they were... Snow took a moment to flip the page to November. There was a cartoon picture of a turkey wearing an army helmet and crouched down behind a barrier of sand bags. It was holding a sign that said, 'eAt MoAr cHiKin'. On one hand, it was pretty silly. On the other hand, the aspirin hadn't kicked in so he shrugged and went into the kitchen.

Snow made himself some oatmeal and fiddled with his hair. Would it dry by the time he had to go walk to school? Maybe he could ask one of the girls if he could borrow a hair dryer. Or maybe one of the other guys had one. He'd have to wait and see who came around.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Sigmund Okonkwo
    Bellow High Dorms [Morning]

Awake but still somehow exhausted, Sigmund rolled over in his bed to face the machine that had torn him from his rest. 6:25 AM, it claimed. Time for his early morning routine: jog-pray-eat-gym-class. Same as always.

Forget it. Last night had tired him out enough. Train after school. Sleep now. Sigmund instilled this idea into the clock with a quick strike across its top. It immediately went dead, and Sigmund rolled back away from it.

The alarm woke him again in what seemed like no time at all. Groaning, he picked up the clock again to see what it was complaining about. Forty-two minutes to class, that was what. Barely enough time to hit the showers, give his alms, snag some food and make it to class. Great.

He was down the stairs in twenty minutes, in-showered, uniformed, and dragging his backpack down the stairs. Lumbering half-alert around and into the kitchen, Sigmund shoved a bagel into the toaster and poured himself a glass of whatever juice was in the fridge door1. Raising his cup, he turned around, watching the sun finish its rising over the buildings outside. For being a cold month, November had surprisingly nice-looking sunrises.

Wait... sunrise... Ramadan2...

Well, nuts.

Grumbling, Sigmund set his glass down by the toaster, announced "Free breakfast," to nobody in particular, and slung his bag back over his shoulder. Without exchanging the usual aimless morning conversation, he headed out the door and set across campus.

As he walked, Sigmund found himself with ample time to turn the previous night over in his mind. It had started out all right - he had gotten the new kid equipped all right and evaded the ice shadow for long enough. Helped Lace out a bit with that, even. But it had all really gone downhill about the time that his Shadow had shown up, that deceitful snake. Everyone panicked, including him. They broke down without a clear leader - Wulfgard and occasionally Randy got the job done, but without them they just disintegrated into a mess. Worse yet, he had come so close to...

Failing. In the worst way.

He had been against the action that would have saved everyone. There were signs, too, now that he thought of it. He just couldn't see it at the time. Really, any course of action would have been better than what that Shadow was goading him into. Stunning magic, anything. But he hadn't thought of that. He had expected either a hard truth or some bold-faced lie out of a Shadow, and the half-truth had gotten him tripped up. They never even managed to beat the thing, only minimize the impact.

Even so, the impact still hurt.

Bellow High Pharmacy [Noon]

"Mr. Wulfgard?" Sigmund asked, knocking on the frame of the door. He hardly waited for an answer before letting himself in - Wulfgard seemed to almost always been in his office during lunch. Probably had something to do with being an on-call medic or making himself available for those in the court or something. As he expected, Garret Wulfgard was there as he always was.

"Hey. So, uh, how's Clarise? Is she being, y'know, looked after and all?" he started. An obvious question, but a necessary one. He waited as Wulfgard gave the explanation, that Clarise had been admitted to a hospital, thus confirming the rumors that had been buzzing around his classes that morning. Sigmund just nodded. Of course that's what had happened. They did for Clarise the same thing that they had for Theresa - send her off to a hospital with the story of "apathy syndrome." It was a close enough explanation and kept her out of everybody's attention, right?

"Mr. Wulfgard..." Sigmund tried to start another sentence before interrupting himself and jumping straight to the point. "You know some stuff about the Court, right? I mean, you were there fighting before any of us were, and you had an idea what was going on. So, you'd be the one to know... There's gotta be a way to end it, right? We can't keep fighting these things forever."

1Standard orange, as it turned out.
    2For reasons elaborated upon here, Ramadan was not a particularly pleasant month for Sigmund.

Russell Wilton
    Bellow High Dorms (Early Morning)

The loud blaring sound of an alarm scream out and was quickly silenced with a loud thump. Russell was currently in sitting position on his bed in his darken room. His head was throbbing as he squinted to see the glowing numbers on his alarm clock: 5:40am. This was the normal time he got up actually, gave him plenty of time to do everything he needed to do but after last night's 'adventure' he was left more drain than he had been in a long time. The redhead sat there deciding if he should just go back to sleep and forget about his morning training for today or just ignore his body fatigue and continue like usual. A yawn escaped and young teen ended up plopping back onto his pillow... Even his normal stubborn nature couldn't win out against his exhaustion so Russell went back to sleep.

An hour or so later Russell reawaken again feeling at least a little better than he did previously. It was still long time before the start of school making it possible for him to get a little more sleep but he instead got up for the day and began to get ready for another school day. He thought he might of heard someone walking through the halls this early morning but whoever had settle somewhere by the time he left his room. After doing his mandatory morning washing, he swiftly put on most of his school uniform on, he left off the navy blue blazer and made his way to the kitchen to see his good long blonde haired friend eating something. As he approached he notice his hair looked damp and quite troublesome to dry. Russell was glad his hair didn't seem to be getting much longer than this because it was already irritating at that length. Getting it cut was still top-priority when the weekend comes.

“Mornin' Snowy,” Russell greeted yet another yawn escaped, annoying tiredness. The fourteen-year-old went to the fridge. He stocked with supplies so he could cook something in the morning and occasionally in the afternoon; having a good diet help with growth or so he read... Sometime it felt like a futile effort on his part but he tend to strictly stick to his ways. Glancing at the time it was a bit late to make anything big so the redhead decide for a simple breakfast: eggs, toast and a glass of milk. Quick and easy to make which leave him with enough time to eat and make it to class on time.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

Say hello to Rascal, he is a naughty little Articuno but he wants to be a true adventurer one day. Feed him lots of spicy berries and help him grow big and stronger.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation

Joshua Sands - Tower Arcana - Dorm 213

As soon as Joshua had come back to his room after the Court, he'd pretty much collapsed into bed from exhaustion. To say he'd slept well however would be a gross misunderstanding. He had tossed and turned furiously, unable to clear his head. He was mentally as well as physically exhausted thanks to Shadow Ciara's attack, plus the usual mental trauma of summoning his Persona. Granted, he was getting much better at handling that. In short, no, he hadn't slept much if at all. Not to mention the whole "mauled by a goddamn bear last night" thing. The combination of all these things led to Joshua picking up his phone at 8am and texting Miyuki Tachibana the following message: "I'm not coming in to class today. Tell Jones I'm sick. I don't care what you come up with to convince him."

Several minutes later, he read this message again and realise how badly it could open him up, but Miyuki wasn't that sadistic. She'd just say he had a migraine or something. Not like Ciara, she'd probably come up with some kind of horrible or embarrassing disease for her own amusement. Watch him struggle with the ensuing awkwardness.

Y'know, you'd think I'd have seen this coming.

---

Around mid-morning, after he'd showered, Joshua picked up his bass and started playing it quietly. He and Snow were still working on writing a real version of his healing song, but it was clear that Snow was taking the lead on the project. He had more experience, more talent and a better knack for songwriting. Joshua had nothing but the building blocks of the song - Snow was the one putting them together. Thinking about all this in addition to his other problems caused him to play a dischord in frustration and put the guitar down on his bed. That's it. I need to confront her and do it now. Knowing her, she's probably not in class today... Biting his lip, he headed upstairs for the first time, to the girls' floor of the dorm. Joshua raised his fist outside Ciara's room, to knock... And dropped it. He couldn't bring himself to do it. He was all talk. He was completely under this girl's thumb and it was in all likelihood going to remain so. He was that lacking in backbone. In shame, he hung his head and returned to bed. Maybe he'd skip fencing club too...
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Mana Shizuko
    Bellow High Dorms - Morning

A horrifying demon woke Mana. It's shrill cries as agonizing as the shrieking of the damned. It's pale green eyes glowed and its carapace was black and smooth. The creature wouldn't cease screaming, and its cries tore through Mana's mind.

"M-mudo," he groaned, clawing at the demon. He slipped off the edge of the cliff, falling…

falling…

With a crash, Mana collided into the floor, tangled into his bedcovers. Green numbers blinked on his alarm clock's face: 5:00. "SONOVA*****!" Mana spat, grabbing the clock. He opened the panel on the back, tearing the batteries out with an unearthly fury before tossing the empty corpse aside. "Ha!" he said, absurdly pleased with himself. "Die for me, eh?"

With that he dropped his head to the floor with a clunk, too exhausted to climb back onto the bed. After several minutes' fruitless endeavors to drop back to his cool, dreamless sleep, he got to his feet with a sigh. His head bumped into something and he turned, coming face to… feet? A glance upward revealed a corpse hung from the ceiling by the throat. Who else but Clarise?

"She's not dead. They saved her. They saved her!" Mana whispered, skin pale.

Alice giggled. "As if she could escape us so easily. Everyone comes to Death eventually. You and me, nii-san, we're of the Death Arcana. People around us die, and we change because of it."

Mana whipped towards the voice. The pale little girl in the blue dress was hanging from the ceiling, holding tightly to an empty noose. She swung back and forth delightedly, enjoying the impromptu rope swing. "We should have one of these installed in the Court!" Alice said brightly.

"This is a dream. You can't appear outside of the Court."

"Yes, yes - but you would have to be half-mad to dream me up."

-+-

A horrifying demon woke Mana. It's shrill cries as agonizing as the shrieking of the damned. The creature wouldn't cease screaming, and its cries tore through Mana's mind.

The boy's eyes flicked open. He rose from his bed, snatching an arrow from his bedside table. He spun, driving the arrow into the clock with a loud crack. The demon was silenced, pinned to the wall and bleeding black.

Mana paused. "Damn."

An hour later, Mana was clean and in-uniform, walking down the steps to an empty lounge. Unfortunately, it was 11:00, so getting to school on time wasn't exactly likely. Mana idly made himself a cup of coffee. Instant, as he didn't have the time or energy for anything else.

Bubbling black liquid in hand, the boy walked out the door. He had business to attend to.

She wasn't dead.

Bellow High - Wulfgard's Office - Noon

"How is she?" Mana said urgently, tearing into the room. Wulfgard was sitting there, looking as unshaven and half-dead as usual. Not that Mana was one to talk, to be quite honest. "Clarise, I mean. They… they saved her, didn't they?" There was a note of desperation in his voice, tinged with pain.

It took a moment for Mana to realize that Sigmund was also in the room. Apparently, he'd interrupted a conversation. "Oh, sorry. I'd pretty much just gotten up and I was… worried."
    Friend Code: 0404-6904-4521
    Ghost Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb

Lace Condor
    Bellow High Dorms - Early Mornin'

Lace's leg was resting on her night stand after kicking the alarm clock across the room. She mumbled and wormed around in the blankets and slunk on to the floor head first. Last night an ambulance came for Clarise and Lace, was up outside rubbing her eyes as they hauled her off. According to some of the staff, she was suffering from the same kind of illness that Theresa came down with. It was comforting to know that she would be taken care of. Lace yawned and trudged back to her room.

It's a new day and the sun is shining! Her sunny bed spread was made up. Lace sat on the edge of her bed kicking and stretching out on her bed humming a tune. A white and yellow-striped t-shirt, light brown pants and some shoes to match her shirt. She shook her read curls in all directions at the mirror, snatched an apple and kicked her door. Lace leaned outside on the door, a brief shriek escaping her as she stroked her knee.

Last night was pretty bad. Ciara, Clarise, Liza, a lot of us almost bit it that time. I should really go check up on them, see how they're doing. She'd start with the new friend she made that night.

Lace was in front of Ciara's room. She cleaned the apple on her shirt and knocked on the girl's door.

"Hey, Ciara, you up? It's me, Lace. Is it okay if I come in? I got some snacks for us."
    Last edited by Vivian_Bloom; 9th August 2012 at 7:27 PM.
    On Army-Training Leave:

I'll be gone from Serebii/Internet from Sept 10th - Dec 15/16th. If you want to contact me, send a PM by the first of September. Coolio!

Ciara H. Wright
    Bellow High Dorms
    Early Morning

The girl stirred.
    Ugh, her head. What had they put into that punch...?
    Slowly, her memories came back to her.
    That face.

She pulled her pillow back over her head as part of some feeble attempt to block it all out, but it was no good. She felt that witch, crawling around inside her head, rearranging the furniture just enough that it still felt the same, whilst in actuality it wasn't. It wasn't at all.

She didn't feel well. She really didn't feel well. She wanted to bleach her brain, get rid of last night entirely. Wipe it from existence. But no matter how much she wanted to, she couldn't get it out. The memory seemed to squat malevolently in the corner of her head, getting further entrenched the more she wanted to expel it.

She wasn't sure how much time had passed when there was a knock on the door.

"Hey, Ciara, you up? It's me, Lace. Is it okay if I come in? I got some snacks for us."

Oh God, just go away. Leave me alone.
    Why did these people never leave her alone? Always pushing, always prying, sticking their big noses where they didn't belong. And then, another, rebel thought: She's not a leper. At least do her the justice of saying 'Good morning'. There's a start.

Summoning up the strength, she managed to call out- "Hey Lace," she began, hoping that she was audible through the door (her throat felt weird, so croaky) "I'm sorry. I'm not feeling up to receiving visitors right now... I'm feeling real tired so I'd appreciate being left to myself for the time being. Talk to you later, 'kay?" With a groan, she lay back down again.

Oh yeah. Today was her birthday. One step closer to death. Big whoop. What a fun day today had already been. Maybe she could check her e-mails.

God, even standing up was a bitch. That crone had done a real number on her. Still, she managed to somehow pull herself around the room and over to her laptop where it lay on the desk, sitting down on the chair with a bit more force than she would normally have liked.

You have (1) new message.

Wow, the birthday wishes sure were pouring in thick and fast. A veritable torrent of them! Interviews with Vogue were lined up for a girl of such popularity. That many friends was a fast-track to the stars. She sighed. Where did she keep the booze again? Her thoughts were twenty times funnier when she was at least partially pissed, not that she had had that pleasure much over the past few months. Ciara desperately needed a pick-me-up, preferably several gallons' worth.

Wish You Were Here! said the nauseating email title. With a groan, Ciara clicked on it.
    Hey honey,
    Happy Birthday! Such a shame you couldn't be here with us to enjoy yourself in Melbourne, but it made us so proud that you would put your studies first on your birthday rather than wasting time being frivolous with your immensely embarrassing parents. We've bought you tons of gifts here, and they have some of the best chocolates ever, bringing you back a sample! Hope they get past customs!
    Lots of love,
    Mum and Dad

I could be there, she thought, if I didn't have this to deal with. I could be being frivolous in Australia, with my immensely embarrassing parents on my eighteenth birthday. What an injustice. And it actually felt like it. What was stopping her? Just her wonderful night-time excursions. She hadn't judged it wise to fly around the world to be separated from 'the squad'. Imagine if she had been in the Court whilst on a plane. How would that feel? She would be completely vulnerable to anything and everything. Having this 'potential' had completely screwed up a lovely set of plans where she could enjoy herself.

Did she want to be in school during the day? No, screw school. But she couldn't be in Australia. On holiday. Having fun.

Why couldn't she be normal? If she were anybody else, she would be able to get drunk and enjoy a wild night out. Anything could happen, and it undoubtedly would. What a fun life she would have, this imaginary Ciara without 'burdens' and 'responsibilities'. What a load of BS. This wasn't being a teenager. This was being a warrior. How much she realised she hated it. This stuff stopped her from living her life to the full. Midnight was the centre of her universe, rather than 12am being just another minute in another hour in another day. Tonight would follow the same pattern. She would have to suffer through yet another night of the exhausting trials and tribulations, full of sudden realisations.

Other girls could have sudden epiphanies in their mid-twenties followed by 'Eat Pray Love'-esque scenarios of travelling the world to find themselves. For her, on the other hand, the universe had decided to make her problems come to life and try to kill her, thus forcing said scenarios to rather hurriedly take place. Also, if you failed in these moments, you died! She was barely an adult yet, couldn't she at least try everything a couple of times first?

Being 'special' was overrated. She would trade all this Court crap for something, anything else in a heartbeat.... but she was the one that was 'chosen' to deal with it. Because she was tough. Because she would know the best thing to do in the circumstances, whilst other girls wouldn't, because they were dumb airheads with no sense of anything and would get themselves killed whilst making no contribution. Most other girls.

But she hadn't been doing the best thing for herself. Not really.

Working against them isn't the best way to go along with it, is it... she sighed, as she found the bottle of sherry behind the copy of the Bible on the bookshelf, and drank a large proportion of it in several gulps. If I want my happy ending, I'm going to have to finally face up to the world.

What can they do? They can't ruin my life, that's already happened. I can be nice to them without completely sacrificing my convictions...
    She put the bottle down on her desk, next to her laptop, and laughed. This was what it took to make her realise how much of a complete idiot she was.

Jeez, she still had school to deal with. Well, today could be a normal birthday day, surely. And that meant skipping school to watch movies, eat popcorn and generally do whatever took her fancy. Pulling out her phone, she typed up a quick text to Miyuki.

Miyuki, having a birthday epiphany. Tell Jones I found God and joined a convent. Love love love xxxxxxx

She stared at it, then added a note.
    PS. Do you prefer pizza, Indian or Chinese? Takeout, I'll treat us!
    And another thought.
    PPS. If you see any of the girls, how about we see if we can make it a Girls' Night? I'll get it all sorted.

Wow, the kind acts just kept coming! She felt so much better now, and it wasn't just the alcohol. Maybe she really was starting on the road to becoming a nun. Before she got too far ahead of herself in the 'good deeds' department, she hit 'Send' and promptly allowed herself to forget about the whole thing. She'd get reminded later, no doubt. But for now, it was all 'me time'.

All she felt like doing was relaxing.

She closed her eyes, popped her earphones in and lay back down on the bed.
    When you're feeling
    Sad and low
    We will take you Where you gotta go
    Smiling dancing
    Everything is free
    All you need is positivity

She mouthed the lyrics, and allowed herself to smile. What absolute tosh, but hey. It was nice, sometimes, to just let go of it all.

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3963-5379

Snow Fields
    dorms, first floor, morning

While eating his breakfast, Snow tried to think through today's schedule. Lessee.. classes, then go to the library for... what was it again? School project? He knew he wanted to go by the library, but what subject was he looking for... oh yeah, the Tarot cards and how it might relate to Personas, Shadows, and his peers. Hopefully the school library would have something on that. Maybe something on teamwork building exercises. Wulfgard was in charge of their training, but maybe he'd take some suggestions, or just answer some concerns. And then... there was something else going later on although with the way he was feeling he should either take a nap later today or make himself sleep through the Court tonight. Um...

At that point, he heard footsteps on the stairs. Despite being a school day, it didn't seem like many of them were up, at least not yet. The intensity of last night would account for that. It turned out to be Russell coming down. “Mornin' Snowy,” he said, then yawned and headed into the kitchen to get breakfast.

“Good morning,” he replied, still thinking through the day's plans.

It was somebody, not Russell. Melissa? No, she said something about the weekend, maybe. Wait, Lace, that was it. He was going to hang out with her in the afternoon. Hopefully she didn't want to do anything too active, or noisy. Then something else occurred to Snow.

“Hey, uh, should I have a nickname for you, cause we're friends?” Snow asked Russell. “I mean, I dunno what I'd call you.” He rubbed his forehead, as some remnants of his headache were lingering. “I probably couldn't come up with something clever right now, but I can think about it.”

OOC: ‘tis a bit unorganized, but I’m suffering from a mild case of writers block so uh, bear with me.

Sofiya Mikhailovna Ignatova
    Dormitories, very early morning

Sofiya’s bunny-faced alarm clock was ticking close to 5:00 AM, but though the lights were out and the Russian girl was wrapped tightly in blankets, unmoving and silent, she couldn’t find it in her to sleep. Less than five hours ago she had been fighting through the most eventful Court until now and possibly lost another friend to whatever disease it was these Shadows spread. She was worried. Would Clarise end up like Terri? Left alone to lie in a cramped hospital room, forgotten by all her former “friends” as they continued on with their life? It was too cruel a fate and yet, it had to be better than death… right?

The Russian girl shook her head, the tear-stained pillow wet against her brow. She couldn’t help but wonder would it have been better for Clarise to… to get closure. There was no telling when she would wake up if ever, and for all they knew, she could be in pain every waking second. But even so, even if she had stopped to think about that before rushing to help Lace earlier, she wouldn’t have changed her actions. She wouldn’t have taken her life, and she wouldn’t have let anyone else do it either. Where there was life, there was hope. She could still wake up. She would wake up, she and Terri and Pyotr.

Trying to force all her worries over her brother aside, Sofiya focused on Terri instead. She shifted, moving her blanket just enough to get some air into her little fortress of solitude and sobbing. Cool air was so refreshing, and for a while she contemplated on just sitting up, going outside and practicing the night away like she usually did. Maybe the chilly November air would cool her head off a bit as well. And really, if it weren’t for her muscles aching and her head feeling a little light, she would have most likely hopped up and did just that. As things were though, she couldn’t find the energy to move, let alone train.

So, having dismissed her training ideas, Sofiya’s mind ventured back to Terri. She’d need to visit her. It was a while since she last went, and from what she knew, only JP visited her regularly now. Poor JP. She hadn’t really seen him in a while. He didn’t come and talk with anyone anymore, not since what had happened to Terri. And come to think of it… she didn’t see him during the last Court at all.

Sofiya’s stomach suddenly turned. What if something had happened to him? He was just fine last night when she meant to return to the dorms, but after that… Who knew? She’d need to check up on him. He seemed so sad and depressed…

Sad… and… depressed…

Sofiya shifted once more, one worry after another washing over her mind. This time her thoughts focused on her Private. Mana had said that he had… tried to die once. What had he meant by that? Had he actually tried to kill himself? Killing was stupid, and dying was even stupider. Why would he do that? What could have possibly driven him to do something like that? She had had no idea the boy had held such scary thoughts, and it made her sort of paranoid. She was fighting alongside her friends every night but really, what did she know about said friends in the end? Everyone had a Shadow. Sig had one! Everyone had their own dark, deep secrets and troubles, everyone was in pain and she never even noticed. She didn’t want to notice, because she didn’t want to get involved in anyone else’s trouble when she had her own. She was so cruel.

Tears started to well up again, but Sofiya quickly wiped them away with her hand.

Cruel reminded her that she… had actually yelled at people tonight. Gotten mad and showed her ugly side to everyone present. She had insulted them, said they sucked. That was such a horrible thing to say and she had just… blurted it out without thinking. Without second guessing. She had been so… mad…

Sofiya shook her head, and instead of worry she was now filled with sheer fear. What if nobody liked her after that outburst? What if everyone now hated her and… how could she ever talk to anyone at school tomorrow? They’d probably avoid her like the plague.

"And I don't even know what plague means!" She stuttered, sobbing until she slowly started to calm down. As she did however, her mind started to spiral towards her last worry of the night, one she had tried to prevent from resurfacing ever since it first hit her. But now, with everything else out of the way she couldn’t stop it anymore.

And so, without realizing it, she had already succumbed back to wondering how in the world could two men have sweaty funtimes together?

Seriously.

Sofiya sighed in defeat and crossed her arms across her chest. Her crying had ceased and there was now a pout on her face, a sign that she was thinking hard. She had to solve this mystery. It bothered her. If JP and Mana really were a couple (which they definitely were, there was no mistaking the conversation she had overheard) how could they ever show their love when they had too many extra bits? Should one of them cut theirs off, or…?

“Maybe I should suggest that…” Sofiya mumbled to herself as she turned on her side.

Either way, all her thoughts and worries led to one conclusion, one course of action.

Tomorrow, she would find and talk to JP.

She’d check if he was alright, go visit Terri with him, spend time with the only person who wasn’t there to witness her being horrible, suggest the cutting-of-bits solution and hand him her album full of kitty!Manas.

Sofiya nodded to herself, accepting her plan.

And so, with all her worries getting some thought-time from her and she now having a clear and sound solution in mind for tomorrow, Sofiya was finally able to drift off to sleep.

Dormitories-> Bellow High, morning

Only to be woken an hour later.

Brushing away the covers that tried to suffocate her, Sofiya yawned and rubbed her eyes. It felt like she had closed her eyes for just a minute. Still slightly light-headed, though more from the lack of sleep and all the worrying she had done than the Court, she forced herself to stand and go through her morning routine.

She showered, made sure she had dried off before applying her makeup, spend a while choosing which color she preferred for her muffler, and after double-checking she had everything (especially the album), she descended the stairs and quickly ran to the door, not bearing to look anyone present in the eye. She was still afraid of how they’d treat her.

Heaving a sigh of relief once outside, she brushed her hair from face before setting off towards the school building, trying to look as cheery and non-tired as possible.

She had a determined look on her face as she stepped inside the school. Today, she’d find JP or kill someone trying.

“Huh? Hmm, wait, I don’t think the saying goes like that…” was her final thought as the door closed behind her.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Even though I do bad things
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | Boktai |

Russell Wilton
    Bellow High Dormitory Kitchen (Morning)

“Good morning,” Snowy responded back to Russell's greeting as he seem to continue to think about something. Russell went on with his preparations: rolling up his sleeves of sweater before washing his hands, fishing out a frying pan, and turning on the stove to heat up the pan. Another yawn escape Russell rubbed his eyes; they felt quite heavy he probably should have splashed his face with some cold water when he had the chance.“Hey, uh, should I have a nickname for you, cause we're friends? ...I mean, I dunno what I'd call you.”

The taller freshman suddenly mention turn to see him stroking his forehead. It seem he was suffering from similar early awaken pains. It made him wonder if he had any muscle pains too. The redhead's legs ached, understandable since he spent the night running through that darn maze. His morning training did include jogging but last night was just way overboard with it. That horrid maze, he never wanted to step into another hall of mirrors for the rest of his life. The disorientation was the worst... and someone he knew was almost murdered... How things ended like that he didn't know he was much too afraid to watch and ran when told to. Everyone else seem to have stayed even the new guy so he was the only coward... Clarise would have been dead if it were up to him... The voice of the platinum blonde pulled the pasty-skinned boy from his depressing thoughts of the last court. He decided to push it back for another time.

“I probably couldn't come up with something clever right now, but I can think about it.” Were the words his classmate say. To Russell, he appeared to be making an awfully big deal over the whole nickname thing. It made him think that maybe he was home school or in some situation where he didn't make many friends... maybe bullied though that didn't seem to be the case since he wasn't really people shy/cautious... So he also possibly moved around a lot not forming any long term friendships. But what would he really know he only did a small self-study on psychology. He shrugged if off, now he was thinking too hard over something.

“Well a nickname isn't necessary between friends,” His reason for calling him Snowy was just him mistaking his name but it just happen to have a ring to it so he decided to keep it since he didn't mind. “But as long as it isn't Shorty, Shrimp, Midget or any other name involving my height I probably won't mind.” He named the common ones he was called by friends and others. It peeved him when he got those nicknames, even if it was put in a joking manner, he probably shouldn't let it bother him but it did. It sucked being short and having to look up at people all the time... It kind of annoyed him that now he had to do it with Snowy when he talked to him... When would he finally get taller? The heat from the stove reminded him that he was still cooking.

He cracked a couple eggs in a bowl before pouring it into the pan.; the heated pan hissed when slightly fluid like substance landed on its surface. Wasn't long until the clear liquid area turned white and solid. Russell removed to egg before the yolks got real solid making a nice sunny side up serving of eggs. After that was done he turned the stove off, stored the pan in the empty sink for later cleaning and got the remaining objects of his breakfast. Russell then sat at the table and began to eat. Snowy was still there and he didn't look like he was about to rush out the door. So he felt a little small talk wouldn't be bad. After it'll be time to head out to school.

“So how long have you been into music?” He simply asked it seem like something he really loved since he joined the Free Candy band only a week into school or so he heard. Russell had actually skipped out on the first band meeting and went to sleep early... It seemed so long since he last slept an entire night; he's awake every night before the court and then only getting about five hours of sleep after. He really need few good nights of sleep, but he felt too uncomfortable to attempt to sleep through the court and sleeping through class was a definite no. Just thinking about it was exhausting... Russell ate trying to finish his food quickly without choking.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation

~ Miyuki Tachibana ~
    Bellow High
    Morning

"I'm not coming in to class today. Tell Jones I'm sick. I don't care what you come up with to convince him."

Miyuki looked over the text again. She really couldn't blame Joshua. The last Court had really seemed to take a lot out of everyone, and with the whole Shadow Ciara thing... Yeah, he was probably just worn down. She'd have to talk to him about it later. Still, what was she going to come up with to tell Jones? The Flu? What if he came to school later or the next day? Just a cold then? Was that a good enough excuse? Allergies? What was he even allergic to? She'd just have to think of something and hope that Joshua was okay with it.

Miyuki sighed and closed her phone. The breeze out in the early morning air was nice today. She was sitting under that big oak tree, her favorite spot on campus. She didn't sleep too well after the last night's events, so she found herself out here right around sunrise. It was okay though, she'd just catch a nap later on in the day. It wasn't always too easy to rest well after the Courts.

No sooner had she stuck her cell back in her pocket, than the little phone gave another little chime. Who was it this time?

Miyuki, having a birthday epiphany. Tell Jones I found God and joined a convent. Love love love xxxxxxx

PS. Do you prefer pizza, Indian or Chinese? Takeout, I'll treat us!

PPS. If you see any of the girls, how about we see if we can make it a Girls' Night? I'll get it all sorted.

Ciara, of course. No one else would text like that. Miyuki could have figured out who sent it without even looking at the name tag. Still... it sounded like she was actually planning some sort of little celebration for her birthday. That was good. Hopefully she'd like the little gift Joshua had found (with Miyuki's help, of course). And then there was Miyuki's gift to consider.

She sighed, but despite that Miyuki had a smile on her face. Ciara was an odd one, but she had a good heart. That much she knew. As for the others... well, they would come around. Ciara just needed to open up to them a bit.

But now she had two excuses to come up with! Darn her friends, couldn't they at least have a ready made excuse? And there was no way she was telling Jones that Ciara ran off to join a convent. Figuring she may as well respond at this point, she decided to kill two birds with one stone and sent a group message to the both of them.

Don't worry, I've got you two covered. ;)

You won't have to worry about Jones today, so take some time off together.

- Miyuki

PS. Chinese please

There, that should get things rolling.

She tucked her phone back into her pocket and stood up, stretching out her arms. She had no idea how long she'd been sitting here, but it was at least an hour or two. She should probably get ready for class.
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Watch your step! Sig Under Construction!

Garret Wulfgard
    Bellow High Pharmacy
    Nov. 1st 11:20 AM.

Wulfgard hung the last order on the rack, and prepared to doze off for a couple minutes before he was given anything else to do.
    The plastic bag containing the prescription swung to and fro for a few seconds before finally settling in place. The rest of the metal rack seemed quite empty, as most of the work flowed from the school it self. Not that many students required anything that wasn't over the counter. Teachers were the only real clients the pharmacy had, as most of the city stuck to their usual places of business. And their number really didn't equal to the patronage of a real pharmacy. But it was an easy job, and it paid well.

It also kept his mind busy. He'd had a long talk with Jones last night. A long, very intense talk. He'd never seen Testa so serious. He'd prefer to not think about it... and what it meant for his home life.

The pharmacy was quiet, which wasn't a good thing for trying to keep his mind busy. But it did allow him to fall asleep much easier.

Until Sigmund walked in and started asking questions.

First it was about how Clarise was doing (“Well, she's in the hospital, but they aren't sure what's wrong with her. It's more of a coma than apathy syndrome.”), and then... he asked about what Wulfgard knew about the Court. If he knew how to end it.

He'd only told Randy about what he knew, and the boy hadn't opened his big stupid mouth yet... But he was in public now. Maybe it was best not to talk about it for now. Play dumb.

“I'm afraid I don't know much, Sig-”

“Don't lie, Wulfgard.”

From behind the potted (fake) plant in the lobby, a small white haired girl walked out holding a small notebook, a pen cap hanging out of her mouth where a single white stick used to hang. She seemed to have been chewing on it all day by its condition. Liza. He hadn't even heard the door open.

“You've been keeping what you know hidden from too long. I think I've given you enough time to come out on your own. If you don't tell everyone here the truth, I'll just have to reveal it for you.” She commanded, pointing her index finger at him in an accusatory manner. Her voice was still flat, but a light touch of anger was definitely present.

“What... do you know?” Wulfgard asked, his teeth clenching. His arms crossed his chest, and his hands grabbed onto the arms of his coat, knuckles turning white as the fabric was drawn tighter around his arms.

“Everything.”

Wulfgard didn't know what to say. He'd thought she'd given up her journalistic tendencies. But they seemed to have returned overnight. How'd she find out? Was it a bluff? Or did she really overhear the conversation? Maybe Randy did open his big stupid mouth. She seemed close enough to him to get the info... But why is she just coming to me now? What's gotten into her?

He didn't get to dwell on it for too long. Before the confrontation could progress any further, Mana flew into the lobby and started asking about Clarise. Seeing that he jumped into the middle of a conversation, he apologized.

Liza nodded and began to walk out of the room. “Tonight, you either tell everyone what you know, or I tell them. You decide.” Behind her, she slammed the door much harder than a girl of her size should have been able to.

“Umm... I think I'm going to take my lunch break.” Wulfgard said, standing up. He hoped he could get out of the room before Sigmund tore into him. There was a back door. He could make it. “I uh... I guess I'll talk to you guys tonight then.”

“Joaquim Pereira, please report to the Student Council room. I repeat, Joaquim Pereira, please report to the Student Council room.” The intercom announced. The message would be heard around the school.

'I wonder what they need with JP.'

(OOC: JP, just walk into the room by the end of your post. Don't describe it, as I'll do that myself as soon as you post. Everyone else, continue to talk. Sigmund can spread the news about what Wulfgard has to say, if he wants to. Mana can probably ask Sigmund for the info on Clarise as well.)
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

Snow Fields
    before school, dorms kitchen/eating area

“Well a nickname isn't necessary between friends. But as long as it isn't Shorty, Shrimp, Midget or any other name involving my height I probably won't mind.”

Russell was on the short side, Snow thought. It was something he usually didn't think about, how tall someone was. He'd probably grow taller at some point. “I guess that would be bad, if it bothers you,” he said. “My Dad would call one of his friends Midgefit, but he was really tall actually.” And that was only if they were joking around. When on business, it was all formality.

He couldn't think of having any other friends that had nicknamed him, or the other way around. Of course, he didn't have all that many friends when he was younger. His nearest neighbors had lived two miles away and what other kids came to visit usually had their own friends elsewhere. But it had still been a happy life back then. He'd never really been alone, even if it was mostly adults around him, and his parents were good to him. If they were still around, they'd probably call him up regularly to see how he was doing, or even drop by for a weekend.

He got knocked out of that line of thought when Russell asked him a question. “So how long have you been into music?” Now he had some eggs for breakfast.

And Snow was done with his oatmeal. He got up and went to wash the bowl and spoon up. “Always,” he said, smiling. “My Mom said that I picked up on how to sing before I could speak clearly. Of course, she would sing all the time. She used to be a pop star, you know, years ago. Summer Fields; have you heard of her? Well, she was a one-hit wonder pretty much, but she was a lot more talented then most teen idols. She taught me how to play the piano starting when I was four.”

He paused a moment, thinking.

“I thought that they were going to send me to a music academy for my high school credits. My parents had taught me everything up to that point, usually by connecting things to music. But I guess my Dad had some connections to Bellow High... maybe he was here when it was first built. I think that he knew the principal too, although I'm not sure of it as I haven't met him in person. They helped to fund the school's rebuilding and make sure that it could be tuition free. So, I guess that's how things worked out that I ended up going here instead. Kind of odd, if you think about how things have turned out and how I could have ended up somewhere else. Where were you going to go to high school before Bellow High opened?”

Then he glanced at the clock. It was getting to be time when they ought to leave. Touching his hair, he found it a bit damp, but not enough to worry over. And while he'd been talking, Sig had come down, distracted in thought while he made his breakfast. For some reason, though, he decided to abandon his breakfast and headed off to school, offering it to anyone who wanted it. A few others that were going to class today were coming through as well.

Snow decided to wait for Russell to finish eating so they could walk to school together. Besides, they were still talking.

Sigmund Okonkwo
    Bellow High Pharmacy [Noon]

Sigmund was taken aback - he hadn't even seen Liza on the way in, yet here she was, accusing Wulfgard of lying. Worse yet, Wulfgard wasn't even denying anything, but just clenching his fists and questioning how much she knew. According to her:

"Everything."

That sounded eerily dramatic, and enough to make Wulfgard uneasy - or, more accurately, somewhere between nervous and irate. Yet here he was, backed up into a corner by Liza, with him as a witness that he was keeping secrets, and about the Cour - potentially ending it, no less! And he was willing to keep something like that from them? This was about everyone's safety - theirs, personally, but everyone in the city by extension. What in the world would make him keep something like that under wraps? And what was it that he even knew? Gah, all it did was make his head hurt.

Before Liza and Wulfgard could escalate matters into a shouting match, Mana had appeared in the door-frame asking about Clarise, prompting Liza to dismiss the subject until tonight and storm off with a scarily loud slam of the door.

Mental Note: Don't cheese off Liza Monroe.

At this, Wulfgard took off on his own, disappearing though the door before Sigmund could even think to ask him anything else. That left just Sigmund and Mana hanging there, at a loss and with an imposing question hanging overhead.

"Hoo, boy, you missed out on a bit..." Sigmund said, scratching at the base of his neck. Unsure of where to even begin, he went with Mana's original question, "Clarise is pretty safe for now, though. They took her to the hospital - she's in a coma, but supposedly stable."

Not that I wasn't kinda responsible for it...

"I think I might visit after school..." he mused, trailing off. It would be the right thing to do, for sure, but what would he even say or do? It wasn't like Clarise would even respond... maybe he would figure something out between now and then. Bring her something to make the room less dismal for if - when - she woke up.

Speaking of which... Sigmund decided he might as well fill Mana in. "As for our talk - figure you deserve to know - turns out Wulfgard might know something about how the Court works, maybe how to pull the plug. I dunno, he won't say anything 'till Court tonight. It was all awful cryptic, in any case." Sigmund grumbled and put his hand to his chin.

"Rabbit hole's getting a bit deep for my taste, dontcha think, Alice?" he commented unsteadily, making a light jab at the upper-classman.

Lace Condor

Girl's Dorms

Ciara wasn't feeling well and Lace's ear was glued to her door. At least she's well enough to speak up. If she took any longer she might really be in trouble. Lace nodded her head and tapped a short rhythm on the girl's door before feeling her way down the stairs.

Biting into her apple, Lace remembered her plans to meet with Snow later this afternoon after her examination. She noticed a couple of the guys in the common room downstairs. Just as her foot touched the floor she jumped back up the step and peeked around the corner. Without taking her eyes off them she lowered her apple back in her pocket, rubbing the juice off her cheek.

Her mission was to make sure everyone was feeling good about tonight. They'd defeated another major Shadow, and although Clarise, a girl she wanted so much to get closer to was hurt, they were all together. Lace sat a couple steps up. Her legs stretched out and leaning back snips of their conversation snuck up the stairs. She learned that Snow had a talent for music and that his mother would sing to him when he was young.

Lace opened her eyes and took in her surroundings again when she heard the talking die down. She flexed her shoulders, tossed up the apple and caught it before she stepped out making her way to Snow and Russell. "Good morning guys!" She smiled and waved to them and gave a quick look-through of the kitchen. "Sorry, I was eavesdropping a little back there, and," she thumbed back at the stairs and broke her gaze. "I heard you like music... A-Anyway, you're both headed down to the school, right?" She nodded to both of them. "You don't mind if I come with you, do you? I'm just going to stop by the nurse's office."
    Last edited by Vivian_Bloom; 21st August 2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: I had a little time and I really wanted to do this.
    On Army-Training Leave:

Halberd
    Bellow High Dorms - Morning

It was over. Finally. It was the most peaceful November 1st he had ever known. So the sayings were true, then... how a darker night leads to a brighter day. He could swear, as he watched the sun peek out behind the eastern horizon, that the sun was about twice as bright as it usually was. Especially after last night. Three Shadow selves. THREE. Halberd was still feeling its effects that morning, most notably soreness in his legs. He remembered how Daedalus had made him suddenly able to run so fast inside that mirror maze, remembered how he did a face-plant into one of the walls. In fact, he felt a lot of tender spots on his body--not only on his nose from where he bumped into the wall, but also on his side from where that giant pillar that Shadow Ciara cast upon him. He still had several cuts on his knees from when the maze exploded, its shards digging into him.

Still, he didn't find it that hard to get himself ready for the day. Rather than the Court, the thing on his mind today was the fencing club meeting after school. Normally club meetings were on Monday and Friday, but since yesterday was Halloween, that meeting got moved to today. But he didn't mind so much; as he recalled, he barely used his sword at all during last night's Court. Not that it would have done anything to the Shadows that appeared, save maybe for those bears. However, going to fencing practice meant being in the company of Saint Bernard, the club president who insisted on associating only with the tough-looking fencers, leaving the "wimps" to Halberd. For a moment Halberd wondered if Joshua was going to show up today; he remembered him having shown up to at least a couple of meetings. In fact, after braiding his hair and putting the finishing touches on his uniform, he headed downstairs to see if Joshua was there.

He wasn't. Instead, he found Russell and Snow talking to each other, and Lace watching from the stairs leading to the girls' dorms. Well, they weren't Joshua, but they were at least some of his favourite people. Noting their conversation, he made his way over to the refrigerator, where he remembered he had kept a breakfast burrito in storage. Usually he was famous for filling the common room with the smell of omelets in the morning, but on this particular morning he had no time to even cook. As the burrito was heating up in the microwave, he rushed back upstairs to gather more stuff: his backpack and fencing saber, the latter of which he attached to the scabbard on his belt as he made his way back down the stairs. The second he passed by the microwave again, his burrito had finished heating up. So he took it out, then made his way over to the closet and took out a duffel bag containing all his other fencing gear. Since he had no time after his last class to head back to the dorms before the fencing club meetings, he usually just stored this in a locker during class. Now with his hands full, he finally made his way over to Russell and Snow, who were about to leave. Halberd overheard them talking about the possibility of giving Russell a nickname. An interesting idea, Halberd thought.

So shortly after Lace asked to accompany the two boys on the way to class, Halberd asked to do the same, even though he was headed to a different class than they were.

"I hope you don't mind me walking with you too, at least part of the way," Halberd greeted to the other three. "So, what's this about nicknames I hear? You're right, Russell, it's not really common for friends to give each other nicknames like that. It's entirely optional, but also fun. And ideally, the nickname shouldn't be something demoralizing, like Shorty in Russell's case. It should be something that represents your nature and what you like to do."

A pause, during which Halberd seemed lost in thought.

"I myself have experience with such nicknaming. While I was growing up, my brothers and I each came up with nicknames for us to use while we were hanging out. That's how I got the name Halberd, actually. Nowadays I like that name a lot more than Bryan, partly because it kind of reminds me of them whenever I hear it. But then again, nicknames aren't for everyone. My brother Warren never wanted a nickname--he was happy with the name he had. Come to think of it, Russell isn't that bad a name either. Neither is Arthur or Oliver, for that matter."

Why did those two names suddenly pop into his mind? Hopefully Russell hadn't heard him...

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Russell Wilton
    Bellow High Dormitory Kitchen/Dinning area (Morning before class)

“Always,” was Snowy response to his question; his face lit up with a smile. He went into details about how he used to sing even as he was learning to talk then about his mother, who was a singer herself and taught him how to play the piano. Unfortunately he never heard of a singer called Summer Fields he always prefer silence more than music it help him study and collect his thoughts, not always a good thing. It looked like his parents were musical incline and taught him much about it as well had some hand in the rebuilding of the school... The enthusiastic way the taller freshman boy spoke about music and his parents made Russell just a bit envious. Both his parents weren't around much as he was growing up so most things he learn was self-taught but they were still good parents despite their constant absences. Nothing would change the fact he loved and respected them.

“Where were you going to go to high school before Bellow High opened?” Another question was thrown at him after he was done thinking about music and school and parents. His blue eyes looked to him waiting. Just as he was about to answer here came their favorite crazy redhead girl he actually didn't realized her presences until she was right next them screaming good morning, dang that startled him, he almost knocked over his drink. He was certainly more awake now. Lace seem energetic this morning was this the result of eating lots of candy or was she just naturally like this? The girl's mention of the visiting the nurse's office reminded him of her limp... though he decided to answer Snowy first.

“My parents wanted to send me to a school nearby with lots of medical electives, but I told them I wanted to come here. They are doctors and they were thrilled when I show interest in the medical field...” The freshman trailed off after that statement as he thought about it. He thought it was kind of cool to be able to help the injured and save them. It seem like ancient history since he last had that mindset. “I've actually lost all desire to be a doctor. I haven't had the heart to tell them...” It was more like he lack the courage as he knew his parent would be upset and he wanted to make them proud. He wanted to mention something else but now Lace was here and here comes Halberd... It really wasn't a secret he was trying to hide, he just didn't normally tell people.

Russell realized the time they had to get going before it got much later. He got up and put his dishes in the sink; he didn't have time to clean all of them so he just rinse them off well and made a mental note that he needed to come back and clean it properly. Swiftly putting on his navy blue blazer he then put on his hat and move his long bangs so they were no longer covering his eyes. After he got his school bag and toss it over his shoulder, they began to head for the exit and the older and tallest man officially decided to join the group of freshmen. He overheard Snow and him talking too as he began talking about nicknames. The subject got even more serious now with Halberd giving tips on making good nicknames and throwing out example... For some reason when the senior started on a topic it felt it was time to take notes for future reference or at least it did for Russell sometimes.

“Come to think of it, Russell isn't that bad a name either. Neither is Arthur or Oliver, for that matter.” the informative lecture had a random comment thrown in at the end and his attention came to it because he say his name... The first thing that came to when hearing those name was King Arthur and Oliver Twist, books he read though he doubted that's where Halberd got them from. He decided to leave the comment as it was and urge everyone to hurry, he wasn't sure about Mr. Jones but being late to Ms. Halls' homeroom never yield great results.

Lunchtime at Cafeteria

Getting through the day was harder than Russell had anticipated. He currently was aching all over, had one terrible prolonging headache and paying attention to class was difficult as sleepiness kept trying to sink in. But like the good student he was he manage to make it through with notes and all. However he failed to notice if any of his friends or midnight fighters were missing though it wasn't like a fair amount of them had the same classes as him. The redhead made through half his class and lunchtime began. People scattered going to the cafeteria or wherever their eating place was. For him it was the lunchroom,normally.

But today he decided to go outside to the left side of the building where it was quieter. It made his head hurt less than the noisy dining area. The air outside was a little chilly but compare to at home this was still consider as warm for this time of year. His thoughts return home... everyone seem all right though he miss them terribly. He wondered, would he be able to see them this holiday? Somehow it felt like he would spending both Thanksgiving and Christmas here at Bellow High with the court and all... Just how far did the court reach he wonders: just the school and the surrounding town, the entire Quarterman area or even further than that? How much he love to go home and see his family he fear the thought of facing the court on his own. A name he couldn't repeat was called on the intercom and Russell could have swore he heard it somewhere before... though his throbbing head didn't make recalling easier. The freshman gave up on it and let his back rest against the building wall as his eyes turned upward the sky... it seems he was always looking up these days.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation

Ciara H. Wright
    Bellow High Dorms
    Lunchtime

She had been lying there for quite a while, truth be told. The playlist on her iPod had turned the minutes into hours, and after that was done she had changed to the radio and listened to that for a while. After last night, something so relaxing was a blessing. Lazily, she rolled over on the bed, and almost absent-mindedly picked up her phone.

Oh, she had actually received a text. She hadn't noticed. Good old dutiful Miyuki. Actually, dutiful was kind of like 'damning with faint praise' at this stage. Ciara supposed that at this stage she really thought of Miyuki more as a younger sister than anything else.

Don't worry, I've got you two covered. ;)

You won't have to worry about Jones today, so take some time off together.

You both? Good old Miyuki and her foreign misappropriations of words... or not. That wasn't likely any more. Ever since the first misunderstanding of that nature, Ciara had worked extremely hard to drill the intricacies of language into Miyuki's head with the assistance of Austen and Brontë, even if the girl probably understood it all already. She hadn't made any mistakes in quite a while, thanks to Ciara's incredibly modern vocabulary expansion lessons.

So the alternative explanation was that there was somebody else also skipping school, more specifically somebody worthy of the winking smilie... you wouldn't have to be an Ace Detective to work out the only person that Miyuki would assume Ciara to be spending a special day with, a day summed up with a cute wink. Truly adorable. (actually, the potential ramifications of that wink were huge. Miyuki always seemed so innocent... was there a dirty old man hidden under there? Best not to follow that train of thought whilst tipsy.)

Then the question was... why hadn't he popped up yet? The text had been sent quite a while ago, so clearly Joshua must have been awake at around that point in order to inform Miyuki at that point in time (she felt like such a genius at this point, like a prettier young Miss Marple). But surely if he was feeling sick he would have told her? So the conclusion to be drawn was that he didn't want her to know he was skipping school... Because he was preparing a surprise for her!

Then again, his universe didn't necessarily revolve around her... In which case it was probably some sort of personal problem, in which case who better than his... friend? Confidante? (she really wasn't sure how to define their relationship at this point, but nothing had happened in any case so anything stronger really wasn't a possibility.) Did stuff like this require verbal consent like proposals or marriage? Dating wasn't really a component of old novels, they really just skipped to the marriage part of proceedings. Ciara definitely didn't want to marry the guy just yet.

If only there was advice, something that she specifically could use to boldly tackle life's adversities... but no, there was nothing like that here. Still, not to worry. She could sort this out herself.

Hopping down the stairs two at a time, filled with Dutch Courage and youthful vigor, Ciara strode confidently down the hallway of the boys' floor towards his door, popping a mint into her mouth as she walked. I will not appear to be slightly drunk, even if I am. I shall be poised, graceful and in control. I will find the root of whatever has caused this. She was unable to walk completely in a straight line and found herself tilting slightly to the right even as she walked, but managed somehow to get herself to his door all in one piece without tripping.

She knocked three times in sharp succession. "I know you're in there, the little bird told me. I hope that your silence so far today has been a good sign. I mean, the only reason you wouldn't come to my room to see me is because you're preparing something totally super-special for a surprise. Are you all right? Do you want me to get you some soup? Can I help? Or..."

Oh boy, that alcohol was totally screwing her over. She sounded so ridiculously preening and matronly. Impatiently, Ciara knocked again, this time disregarding the best case scenarios.

"Have you been avoiding me?"

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3963-5379

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast