Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Competitive Stuff Ever

Default Worst Competitive Stuff Ever

And by stuff, I mean Pokémon, moves, Abilities, Items, and/or a lack thereof. This isn't a "What makes it better?" thread, it's a "why it's so bad" one.

Please avoid the obvious Luvdisc, Smog, Miracle Seed, Defeatist stuff. Luvdisc has awful stats, Smog is a lesser Poison-Type move, Defeatist doesn't help at all. We know this stuff.

Discuss away!

I'm back, baby.

Whimsicott. It sucks so much. We already learned from Jumpluff that Subseeding alone isn't enough to be usable.

Confagrigus also is crap. Its like Dusknoir but.. without the movepool.

Yeah Whimscott sucks, though sub seeder is quite annoying.

Scrafty kinda sucked in OU but now it's moving down to UU it's gonna seriously wreck with DD and moxie
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Meganium. Sure it has an excellent support movepool and decent defenses, but its defenses are just that. Decent. It has very little offensive presence outside of Giga Drain, which hampers its performance more. 80 Speed isn't very impressive, and as such its Taunt bait. It isn't horrid, but it could use a lot of improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    That's because you have to use a Love Ball, and a Respect Ball. Just trying to force yourself into their life by throwing balls in their face doesn't work.
    how to get girls in the pokemon world

I say Regigigas unless it can manage to survive until its ability wears out.

Slaking, with its damned truant. Get it without the ability then it can eq like no tomorrow

Planned OR/AS Team:

SECRET BASES CONFIRMED
    /squeal

This one has been itching at me. Worst priority move = Feint. Seriously, this move had the potential to be so much better in 5th Gen once they adjusted it so that it can hit non-Protect users. At 50 power, it would have been a good step up from Quick Attack for Scizor, and it would just have decent uses amongst other things. Then...they dropped its power to 30. Bravo, Game Freak. Bravo.

Also, Watchog is darn terrible. It's the only "rodent" Pokemon of all the generations to get a "joke" analysis on Smogon, and can you really blame them?

Shedinja - yes it has a niche in ubers, but really, 1 HP? At least make it so Wonder Guard prevents it from being affected hazards, and weather.

Delibird although reaching max 510 attack with choice band.. and adamant base 45/45/45 defenses... is really bad.. but he have the best DW ability EVER

Flareon.. his stats are weird... and no normal fire move...

Where's watchog's joke analysis?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Regigigas. It doesn't even get Rest or Protect.

Quote Originally Posted by NeohopeSTF View Post
    I say Regigigas unless it can manage to survive until its ability wears out.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmogonFreak View Post
    Regigigas. It doesn't even get Rest or Protect.
    I've been able to do so on numerous occasions solely with Ingrain support and Substitute.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonXmicro View Post
    Slaking, with its damned truant. Get it without the ability then it can eq like no tomorrow
    Here's your answer to that problem but it's a bit tricky to pull off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Delibird although reaching max 510 attack with choice band.. and adamant base 45/45/45 defenses... is really bad.. but he have the best DW ability EVER

Flareon.. his stats are weird... and no normal fire move...

Finally, good examples of bad Pokemon (it's better to be awful than getting the boot to Ubers).
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I'm surprised nobody has said electrivire yet. I mean, lackluster stats and low base power moves for the most part leaves a lot to be desired. I'd say he would be in the running for biggest competitive failure.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has said electrivire yet. I mean, lackluster stats and low base power moves for the most part leaves a lot to be desired. I'd say he would be in the running for biggest competitive failure.
    Electivire is actually really good. It's easy to catch a Volt Switch or Thunder Wave from some Pokemon, and sweep. Wild Charge/Ice Punch/Cross Chop or Fire Punch/Earthquake is amazing.

That's because you have to use a Love Ball, and a Respect Ball. Just trying to force yourself into their life by throwing balls in their face doesn't work.

Electivire isn't too bad, it has amazing coverage, and solid stats, plus it does great in lower tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    Shedinja - yes it has a niche in ubers, but really, 1 HP? At least make it so Wonder Guard prevents it from being affected hazards, and weather.
    That's what makes it so fun to use. Ever try using one with Zoroark? It's even more fun.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    No one has offered to write it yet, but it's listed as a "joke" analysis here.

Quick Guard.
    I get the idea, but it's completely pointless when protect does the exact same thing.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Quick Guard.
    I get the idea, but it's completely pointless when protect does the exact same thing.
    Quick Guard extends to allies in Doubles/Triples. Same with Wide Guard.

Damp Jellicent.

I mean, WTF

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Fan rotom with levitate, and no Hurricane? Seriously?

Contrary shuckle... Uh hello? Not to mention, shuckle has amazing defence and special defence yet pretty lacklustre hp and not to mention a shallow move pool...
    Credits:Magicmochi

Credits:Pkmnfn

Quote Originally Posted by DragonXmicro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Whimsicott. It sucks so much. We already learned from Jumpluff that Subseeding alone isn't enough to be usable.

Cofagrigus+Slaking=Deadly

Cofagrigus' ability Mummy allows the foe to get Mummy. It also has access to Mean Look. You Mean Look, then switch out into Slaking who then lands a physical move on it and you wreck everything else. Slaking has great HP, Atk, Def, and Spd. Only flaw is its low SpDef. I mean, really. He can use Slack Off and Yawn. That's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Cofagrigus+Slaking=Deadly

Cofagrigus' ability Mummy allows the foe to get Mummy. It also has access to Mean Look. You Mean Look, then switch out into Slaking who then lands a physical move on it and you wreck everything else. Slaking has great HP, Atk, Def, and Spd. Only flaw is its low SpDef. I mean, really. He can use Slack Off and Yawn. That's pretty good.
    While that strategy can be effective if you pull it off, it is also quite gimmicky and easy to avoid. Once Cofagrigus switches out, Mean Look disappears, so the opponent can just switch out of Slaking and not pass Mummy along to it. Now, this can be prevented with Pursuit, which will allows Slaking to guarantee it gets Mummy. However, you'll have to then give up something, whether it be STAB, a good coverage move, Bulk Up, Slack Off, or any other move, so you pretty much run into a bad case of 4 slot move syndrome.

So yeah, it can be done, but it's a lot better on paper than in practice.

this site

Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    this site
    Smogonites. /sigh

Meh. Could be worse. At least we do have good players running around here.

Anyway, I'd say DW T-tar. There goes both it's niche and special defense.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Smogonites. /sigh

Meh. Could be worse. At least we do have good players running around here.

Anyway, I'd say DW T-tar. There goes both it's niche and special defense.
    good player ex. epic_eevee

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast